All hotels in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
135 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA, 70130, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Conference trip"
The hotel is centrally located in the business district, close to the other main hotels and the French Q. It's right on the St. Charles trolley line, which is nice if you want to visit the Garden District. The loby area is quite small, but there is a good over-the-counter service for coffee, tea, and basic food items, very handy in the morning if you are in a rush and don't require an opulent breakfast. The only thing I was unhappy with was that the wireless service in my room (4th floor) was spotty at best, particularly during the day. Late at night it tended to work better. I'd stay here again if the price is right.
3 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
"Pleasant and convient stay"
Small hotel with about 100 rooms. The rooms are small with two queens but very comfortable. Clean. Accommodations modern. New carpet. Very convenient walk to french quarter, siteseeing and dining. Pj coffee in lobby a plus. would recommend.
2 night family trip Mar 25, 2015
"Enjoyed this Experience!"
Very pleasant staff. Amanda was kind, pleasant, and helpful. Enjoyed my stay here, and I would definitely stay again.
4 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
"Loved the Royal St. Charles!!!"
The Royal St. Charles was the PERFECT place to stay!! IT's right at the edge of the French Quarter and close to the streetcars and riverfront. We loved staying there and definitely will stay there again!!!
4 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
Claudia
"Over all great stay."
It seemed a little noisy at night but it was spring break. Staff could only due so much. Are second stay at the Royal St. Charles it's a nice place.
5 night romance trip Mar 15, 2015
Jeffrey M
The review said that this hotel offered free parking. It doesn't. Parking was almost equal to the cost of one night stay. I recommend looking slightly further down the road at one of the big name hotels that stands behind their promises,
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"Fun times in New Orleans"
I was greeted with a very friendly hello as I approached the desk to check-in. The staff was very attentive to any request I had and anytime I passed the front desk I was always asked how I was doing. The was room clean; however there was no remote to the television and the phone did not have a directory on it, so I had to use my cell phone to call the main desk for any request or questions I had. We also had trouble with the shower (could not get it to turn off completely.) the bed was not as comfortable as I would have liked, because of the plastic mattress cover, every time I moved it would make noise and the sheet that covered the mattress was too small and keep sliding around. The workout facility was clean and had plenty of equipment for a good workout. The concierge gave great recommendations for restaurants (I was traveling with two very picky 9 and 11 year olds.) I could not ask for a better location, directly on the streetcar line and one block from Canal. My only complaint would be the noise of other guest, but I will note that it was St Patrick's Day, so I can't hold that against the hotel. I will absolutely stay here when visiting again.
2 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
Shelley
It was horrible got the wrong room said would sleep six slept maybe 4
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"Disappointing"
I've been to NOLA dozens of times, and I thought I'd try a new hotel. The Royal St. Charles has nice decor and looks upscale online. Their staff are kind and helpful (particularly the bell boys). However, I was frustrated that our room was "drunk proofed" with a water proof mattress cover and very low quality linens. I'm not generally particular about that, but a simply flat sheet was used to cover the mattress. I woke up throughout the night with my face on a water proof mattress cover. Very, very frustrating. My wife and I were hoping for an upscale hotel to complement our weekend trip. We were very disappointed, and will not be staying at this establishment again. If you're looking for a relaxing hotel with a nice mattress, nice linens, and sufficient space to spread out -- look elsewhere.
3 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Adam
It's a good location if your here to party! Room very small and restrooms could have been cleaner. The thermostat was controlled at 68 degrees, that was a bit too warm for us! But over all, it was good.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
diana
"My stay"
The rooms are extremely small. I could barely breathe. The windows are not visible. What's the purpose of having a window that you can't see out of!!!
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
MS Guice
"Spring Break--Family"
Great front desk, valet, bellman, concierge Room was small, but nice
1 night family trip Mar 10, 2015
"Not so Royal"
Overall it was ok. The room was small, the beds not comfortable but the location was great
3 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
Noel
"Cute, clean, but rates low on customer service"
We arrived around midnight. I had called the hotel prior to our flight leaving Baltimore late to let them know that it would be a late check-in. The gentleman at the front desk barely acknowledged us, never told us what time check-out was, or provided us with any other necessary information. The hotel is cute and clean, but I wouldn't stay there again.
1 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015
Courtney
"Location and accommodations"
Great location within walking distance of local sites. Room was clean but VERY small. My husband and I could hardly move around. Valet service is real slow. Front desk staff very nice. This would be a last resort reservation for me.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Sheri
"Good location but do not expect high quality"
Great location, but the service was poor and the bed linens were worn. The concierge was not available for a 3 hour period on a Saturday afternoon - the peak time that a concierge would be requested. There was no one available at the front desk to answer phone calls from the room on more than one occasion nor was someone at the desk for checkout when I left. The bed comforter was old and worn and covered by bedsheets to appear as a duvet. The bedsheets were not fitted and just tucked under the mattress.
4 night business trip Feb 28, 2015
"Room mix up"
The hotel did not accommodate us with the number of people we had in our party, but we enjoyed New rleans never the less.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
"Location, location, location"
Very convienient location, in the heart of CBD. Close to everything, walk to your favorite sites and restaurants or catching the street car at the front door is perfect for getting around town easily. Valet parking was pricey and a little disorganized. Coffee Bar in lobby was great. My favorite NOLA Hotel!
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Nice, close to everything"
Lobby seemed crowded to me. Coffee shop ok and general public kept it filled while waiting for the trolley. My sister complained about her interior room with the fake window, like being on a cruise ship! Should warn people. Rooms too small.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
'Rene
"Nice location, but filthy and old"
Terrible service and room condition. Bathroom drainage was clogged, hot/cold water couldn't be controlled, and looked like room floor was even vacuumed. Our bed was covered with a plastic sheet, which didn't make us feel comfortable at all. Their coffe shop was never opened on time. Their staff from top to bottom had some attitude problem. I will not stay there any more, although it's location was very good
4 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
Hun
"FABULOUS!!"
Beautiful hotel!! Loved being in the heart of Bourbon St. Great Time!
1 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
ROBIN
"let the good times roll"
Service was questionable, room was fantastic
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
"GREAT STAY"
Extremely nice hotel. Rooms & bathrooms were a little small, bit that's most hotels. I really like the lay out of the room. The hotel is also in a very convenient location.
1 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
Stay was during Mardi Gras. There was always someone at the front door. The employees recognized us and we used arm bands. Felt very safe even late at night.
4 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
Teresa
"Nice but not worth it"
Nice hotel however the room was kind of small and having to park at another hotel and walk to the hotel I'm staying at isn't the best. I understand there is Valet but for $32/night, however I don't see how that makes up the difference in price for self park. Probly will not stay here again.
2 night trip with friends Feb 20, 2015
"Great location and comfortable stay!"
Wonderful experience from check-in to check-out. The staff there were polite and helpful. The location is perfect for exploring this gem of a city. Thank you, for making our first experience in New Orleans a memorable one!
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
sandee
"Very Clean & Great Front Desk Staff"
Stayed here on Mardi Gras. Updated modern look. Front Desk staff was great. Hotel room was very clean. Rooms are not big, but that's to be expected in this area. Only downfall is that the shower head should be replaced or unclogged. **Also, note that parking is shared and at Hilton Garden Inn. Very tight parking garage. Glad I parked my own car, as I'd be nervous to let to anyone else drive it in through the tight areas. Besides these two things, I still would stay here again!!
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Myree
"Great for Mardi Graus!"
The rooms are small but clean. Right on the Mardi Graus parade route. Walking distance to great restaurants, shopping, music and Harrah's. Would stay here again.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Robin
"Nice and close to downtown"
The hotel was amazing! Close to everything and amazing friendly staff!!
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Great Mardi Gas location"
Right on parade route. 1 block from French quarter. Rooms are small but updated and clean. Very nice hotel.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"Small. Cramped"
small& cramped. no windows. a jail cell. had to wear a wristband & get checked by security anytime i wanted to go to my room.
Response by Royal St. Charles Hotel
Thank you for taking the time to respond about your recent stay. We understand the limitations of our interior rooms and apologize that it made you feel this way. As you witnessed during your stay, Mardi Gras is an exceptionally busy week here in New Orleans. Our top priority is to provide the highest level of security and safety for our guests. In order to do that, we provide wrist bands upon arrival to guests staying at the property to insure the only people entering the hotel and thus the upper floors are registered guests. We are sorry if this inconvenienced you during this exceptionally busy time.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Quick Stay"
The hotel was nice, but a little small room. It has a good location. The valet parking was higher then what it was indicated. I wish the check out would be at 12PM.
1 night trip with friends Feb 12, 2015
"Very Nice"
Very nice.
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
"Great Place."
For the price this is a great place. It's clean, easy to access and the Mardi Gras parades come right in front of the hotel even though we were not on Bourbon Street. We would stay their again. The only issue was what they charged way too much to park the car, and a tourism fee. "A new gimmick".
1 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
Cathy
"Staff and amenities lacking greatly...."
The night staff is rude, not friendly or helpful. The ONLY vending machine to get something to drink (since they do not have a restaurant) was broke the entire visit. I won't stay here again.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
laura
"Wonderful surprise"
As we pulled up in our cab I wasn't sure what we were getting into, it was dark and the exterior was very low key amongst the bigger hotels and buildings around it. Once we entered the colorful decor and festive atmosphere were a welcome surprise. The lobby is small but the coffee shop attached had ample seating. The rooms were fresh, clean and quiet. We had tour buses pick us up at the entry and we easily walked everywhere else.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Perfect location for mardi gras!"
Perfect location and great staff, but HORRIBLE shower
2 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
We had a great time and the Staff was excellent .... Very accomadating ! Thank you very much Folks The Guislain's
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"hmmm..."
Other than the condom wrapper in the garbage can in the bathroom in our own room, the hotel was fairly clean. Pretty noisy, but that's to be expected so close to bourbon st. Friendly staff.
1 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
"Great location!!!!!!"
If your looking to hang in your room don't stay here!! rooms are alil small !!!!!! I had a blast & was out most of my stay getting beads !!!!!!!! Hotel is nice & worth the $ for the great location !!
bettyboop
"Great location and hotel."
Great location and hotel. Only downfall was parking and small rooms.
Terell
"Perfect location for Bourbon St."
The location was perfect. The service was good and the staff was helpful. The only downfall was it's valet parking. It was so confusing! When it came to asking for our car, they made us walk to where it was parked. Not my idea of valet. Oh and we still had to pay $40 for "valet service."
Glo
"Fun bday trip"
Hotel service was great! Room was nice, had everything we needed for our weekend. Great location close to the quarter. I enjoyed my stay
2 night trip with friends Feb 5, 2015
Iheoma
"Great Experience!"
Great experience for our group of girls on a bachelorette trip!
3 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
Efficient and clean. Rooms on samll side, but well priced. Good location and enjoyable stay.
3 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
paul
"Overall ok"
overall ok stay. Room was very small but clean and the bed was comfy. Front desk staff was very friendly but the lady at the coffee shop clearly hated her life.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Nice hotel within walking distance of popular attr"
Staying for a week only had one problem but it was fixed at once
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
ER
Great location...walking distance to heart of French Quarter. Small rooms, but then that was expected.
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
"The Royal St Charles was princely!"
The hotel was very convenient to the French Quarter as well as the financial district. It was also a very easy walk to the National WWII museum and the Civil War museum. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Can't beat it for the price. As a bonus, the trolley stops right outside of the lobby! Very cool!
2 night romance trip Jan 25, 2015
"Great location and atmosphere"
Great staff. Great location. A block from Canal Street. Two blocks from Bourbon Street. A few blocks to the Riverwalk and Casino. PJ's coffee shop in the lobby and Starbucks on the opposite corner. Wi-fi and Fitness room.
5 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015