All hotels in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
135 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA, 70130, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"No View Room"
The rooms were very clean but we're very small. Also, I was disappointed that there was not a view from the window, because there was no window except for some glass blocks.
3 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
"New Orleans"
It was so convenient to everything! We were in walking distance for everything. The staff was really friendly and really helpful! It was a great experience!
2 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
Christina
"great staff at the St Charles"
For the price it would have nice to have a mini fridge. The hotel new we were 3 adults but we had to keep chasing down maids to get sufficient towels.
4 night trip with friends Jun 2, 2015
nicole
"A nice place to stay near the French Quarter"
Great in every way
1 night family trip May 31, 2015
Hansel
"Slow bellboy uninformed"
Parking inconvenient Bellboy gave wrong information Bellboy slow
2 night family trip Jun 2, 2015
Jana
"Not for business travelers who need sleep!"
This is an OK hotel for anyone who wants a true NOLA experience. There is a tram stop on the corner and you're right smack in the middle of a lot of fun things to do downtown. But sleep isn't one of the things you will accomplish. I was there for a business meeting and had to be on the road at 5:30 the next morning. My room was noisy and the night light, which couldn't be disconnected or turned off, was obnoxiously bright. Think, laser.
1 night business trip May 28, 2015
Marguerite
"excellent location, price and service"
Recently stayed two nights at the Royal St. Charles. It's located just off of Canal Street and so close to the French Quarter. Located near all of the street cars and so many wonderful restaurants, bars, beautiful architecture and the Aquarium. Walking distance to mostly everything we wanted to do. The front desk was so helpful, knowledgeable of the area, and friendly. They held our bags before check-in and after we checked out. Helped us determine when we should get a taxi to the airport and had one ready promptly at that time. We had a queen bed suite which was wonderful! The entry room had a love seat and a chair with a large flat screen tv. The hallway leading to the bedroom was full of floor to ceiling windows with views of the central business district. The bathroom was quite small, but the water pressure was great, fresh towels, soaps, etc. The bed was very comfortable! We both had night stands, a decent desk, local information, and another flat screen. The windows continued on both sides of our room (we were in a corner of the hotel). The curtains were perfect to block out the morning sun. There is a coffee cafe in the lobby - PJ's. It was nice to have something so close. Got a great deal/price booking online "weeknights in advance" through the RSC website. If ever back in New Orleans we would definitely stay there again!!
2 night romance trip May 24, 2015
"Central location"
Just 2 minute walk to Canal St. and French Quarter. Receptionists and bellboys are super friendly and helpful. We stayed on the 10th floor with a nice view of the city from the largest hotel room windows we have ever seen.
1 night romance trip May 25, 2015
"post cruise recovery"
My girlfriend and I went on a cruise and then decided to stay a day in New Orleans to check.out the city. The staff was incredibly friendly, and both concierges that we talked to were very helpful about helping us find places to go. My only complaint is that our room didn't have a window, but that was a minor complaint. I will definitely look into staying here again the next time I'm in the Big Easy.
1 night romance trip May 21, 2015
Derek
"Clean but cozy"
Good CBD location, can walk everywhere. St Charles streetcar goes by all night, but 9th floor did not hear it much. Room was nice and clean, but cozy (tight), about the size of a cruise cabin. Staff was friendly and helpful. Good for price.
2 night romance trip May 19, 2015
JOHN
"Nice place/staff bad bed/pillows"
Nice enough place but the bed and pillows not so much...
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
"location"
Room was very clean, staff was helpful and friendly.
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
"Good location."
Ok hotel for the weekend. Good location. Very small room.
Other trip May 21, 2015
"Excellent hotel, close to all the sites."
Check-in was a breeze. Terry was right there to assist with the luggage and park the car. Front desk had us off to the room within minutes. The room was very clean and well maintained. Well worth the cost.
Other trip May 21, 2015
"Nice Room. Small but very comfortable and clean"
comfortable and clean. Close to everything. Only valet parking available for $35. I parked my car at Harrahs and played for an hour and got free parking
Other trip May 20, 2015
"Location!"
A great location, right on the St. Charles trolley line.
4 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
Rebecca
"Fantastic Hotel"
Everyone was friendly. Clean room and hotel. Loved it!
3 night romance trip May 10, 2015
Great hotel, the staff treated me like royalty! One block from Bourbon. Bourbon is around the corner, literally!
Other trip May 15, 2015
DeUndrea B.
"Pleasantly Surprised"
I was a little nervous about staying here after reading some of the other reviews but was pleasantly surprised. I had a supreme king room and while it wasn't huge it was fine for two. My brother had double beds and room was slightly bigger but was laid out the same and was fine. Staff was friendly and greeted us at car. Price was great. I would definitely stay here again.
3 night family trip May 5, 2015
Deanna
"Vacationing in New Orleans"
We stayed five days to see and enjoy the various aspects of New Orleans. The hotel has a convenient location to the French Quarter, the Central Business District and public transportation. The staff was quite helpful in assisting us with our questions about the facilities and points of interest in New Orleans.
5 night romance trip May 4, 2015
Edward
"Jazz Fest"
Very accomodating and excellent view from our room. No stinky smells or noisy hallways. Well, some noisy hallways but fortunately happy noises. Perfect location, walking distance to all the good stuff.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Jen
"Our stay at Royal St. Charles."
Very good stay, friendly and helpful staff. Parking leaves a bit to be desired!
1 night romance trip Mar 29, 2015
My experience was excellent and would definately stay here again!
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Good Location, Reasonably Priced Boutique Hotel"
I'd Roosevelt Hotel business meetings two days hence and wanted some free time to hit the Quarter on my own. The Roosevelt charges approaching three times what this hotel's sale price is (including the small "resort fee") and is just two blocks away from Roosevelt St. where that hotel is. This is an upscale, boutique hotel. Paid for a queen bed; upgraded to a king upon arrival. There's an excellent, lobby coffee shop. Step out of hotel and you're on the Common St./St. Charles Ave. intersection. Head north along St. Charles, cross Canal St. and St. Charles becomes Royal St. (thus the name "Royal St. Charles Hotel"). A 15 block walk northeast along Royal St. after passing the Monteleone Hotel and arrive at Frenchman St.: a better, more local alternative to the Bourbon St. madness especially if you've already experienced Bourbon St. before.
2 night trip May 5, 2015
Victor
"Not happy"
it was just fair
2 night business trip May 3, 2015
"Close enough to the quarter"
Nice hotel, nice area, short walk to Quarter....overall good.
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
Doug
"OK for short stay"
I arrived at the hotel around 2:15 PM and was advised that my room wasn't ready yet, which didn't come as a surprise since check in was at 4pm. I was told I'd be called on my cell when the room became available. I sat in the lobby area watching TV. At 4:10 I went to the Registration desk and asked if my room was ready. I was told yes and asked if anyone had called me. I said "no" and they apologized. I got the impression my room had been ready for a while and having a bed to rest up for the evening would have been far preferable to snoozing in the lobby. Upon arriving at the room, which had to be the smallest room I've stayed in in my entire life, I saw a notice that due to street construction (which was going on all over the French Quarter) the water would be turned off from 10pm until 6 am. Each morning I was awakened at 6am to what sounded like the toilet overflowing. It lasted just long enough to keep me awake for the rest of my morning.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Best deal in N'awlins"
Great and friendly staff. Will stay there for our next return to the Jazz Fest.
Other trip May 3, 2015
"Wonderful getaway"
I was very satisfied with my stay at the hotel
1 night family trip Apr 26, 2015
Gia
"Don't do it"
No sleep. Claustrophobic room. Noisy patrons.
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
"Our New Orleans vacation"
All was very good except not getting a wakeup call the 2days I asked for it.
4 night romance trip Apr 20, 2015
Wanda
The staff was nice! The room was very small but who needs a big room in NOLA?? Room was clean and I would stay here again.
1 night business trip Apr 27, 2015
"NOLA"
Good
4 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
george
"Room Good, Computer Bad"
Everything was very good. Room was small but other hotels in the area had about the same size room. My only complaint was that I could not print out my air line boarding passes because the keyboard lettering was worn out on many keys.
1 night romance trip Apr 21, 2015
WILLIAM D
"Great hotel and location"
Great stay....fantastic front desk staff, very friendly and ready to assist. Didn't like the windowless room but definitely worth it at a reduced rate.
3 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
Nice room, great location with in walking distance to French Quarter.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Royal St. Charles."
Nice middle tier hotel
2 night family trip Apr 22, 2015
"Nicely Renovated and Close to Everything"
We were in NO for a memorial service. This hotel has recently been tastefully renovated. The lobby and our room was newly renovated and very comfortable and clean. The front desk representatives and other staff were very friendly and informative. There is a coffee shop in the lobby, otherwise for food or meals you need to leave the premises. You're in the middle of it all. Great restaurants, Canal St., Bourbon St. and all the other popular streets are all within walking distance. We did find that our room faced the street and it was not soundproof from the street. This is a party town (We LOVE New Orleans)and people are out having fun until late hours. Harrahs Casino and the Waterfront are just a few blocks away. Easy to walk to. I found parking to check in does not exist unless you Valet and Taxis were in the 2 spots all weekend. We had to drive around many one way streets a few times while I checked in. They offer Valet parking or self parking for a fee. Trust me, pay for Valet! It's worth it! The parking garage is 2 blocks away and extremely tight. There were three cars in our group. When we all recuperated from the parking garage experience, we all agreed that we had no idea how we were going to be able to get our vehicles out. We returned to the hotel and paid a few extra dollars for valet service to handle it. Overall experience, I would definitely stay here again. Great Location
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Very clean nice staff good room.would stay again.Clean good location
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
I loved this hotel. First time staying there, and I found it really great. The location is far enough from the craziness of Bourbon Street, but a short walk there if that's what you're looking for. The room was plenty large enough, clean, and was a corner room so had 2 windows looking 2 different directions. I liked the décor of the place - it was fun. Staff was super friendly. Overall very good experience, and I would stay there again.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
J
"Good price, great location!"
Overall a great stay. The drain was a little slow in my bathtub, but it was promptly fixed!
3 night trip with friends Apr 13, 2015
Ayan
"I'd stay here again"
Great little hotel in a perfect location-just off Canal Street but away from the noise of Bourbon Street. The room was tiny, but the bathroom was adequate, plus, who stays inside their room in NOLA? The staff was very helpful.
3 night romance trip Apr 14, 2015
"Great location and comfortable rooms."
The room is in good condition and have everything you need for a simple nice weekend. Nothing can beat the great location. Bus stops were within minutes away and all major sightseeings were walkable distances. I would recommend anyone to stay there.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"Love the Royal!"
Loved how close it was to the Quarter. Front desk staff were amazing and always available. Hooked me up with a local laundry service that was incredible (Shout out to Suds Dem Duds!) My only problem was that the mattresses are covered in a plastic cover. While not really that noisy, it makes the bottom sheet slide all around and makes for very hot sleeping.
4 night family trip Apr 13, 2015
Tearsa
"amazing location"
Was clean and accommodating. My only complaint is slow WiFi in the room, but otherwise was great enough for a 5 star. The location is top notch.
4 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
shlomo
"3 night stay at the Royal St. Charles"
We were not happy with the room we got since one of the other travelers with us had a totally different room with more room, a couch and a closet. Our room had no additional room, no couch, and a free standing closet which took up more room for the same price. We nicely complained to the front desk and they did not hesitate to give us a room like our friends had. I think our original room was supposed to be one of the better rooms because of the view but we would rather have the additional room as opposed to a better view especially since it was downtown New Orleans.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
OPA
"Outstanding"
What a friendly staff....Ralph and the front desk ladies were so polite, friendly, and accomodating. Would come back and recommend to anyone. This is how a hotel should be.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Greg
"Not the best place to stay."
Room was super small. Outdated. Not clean. As usual, the pictures on the website looked phenomenol but that wasn't the case at all. Will definitely not stay there again.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"French Quarter music festival"
Close to the French Quarter. Easy check in and check out. Clean comfortable room.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015