All hotels in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States of America
600 Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV, 89101, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A great stay"
The Prime Rib special was all it was cracked up to be and more. The Fremont Street area has a great feel
2 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
"Disapointed"
We wanted a vintage room, and thought it would be neat, Only staying one night. The room was small and cute till I realized the window was not real...you could not see out. We were on the second floor and I guess the window faced the parking garage. The bathroom looked to have original fixtures...patched, and mold. The room smelled like it was old. It was right on Fremont, so close enough to the fun, but I would not stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
Laurie
"Cabana Suites"
Overall it was great I love the Cabana building.
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
"Ok to sleep but that's it"
So the first night was ok not to bad except they have a balcony after spending a couple minutes trying to open it we realized it was bolted shut. Made absolutely no sense. And we were in a base room btw. Well then we spent the next day hanging on the strip and decided to get another room and stay one more night. So I booked the room thru hotels.com on my phone (just like I did the first time) and when we went to check in they said they were upgrading us to the cabana SUITE cuz the other rooms were sold out. Which was ok but once we got to the other room it was less than half the size of the basic room with less in the room all together. Like way smaller including the bed. It was ridiculous
1 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
Courtney
"Change is not always good."
It was fine for the price. I did have trouble getting online with the WiFi. The signal was week and would occasionally be lost. Dinning got worse as they changed the location and jacked up the prices. They also no longer offer the late night breakfast special, and all the free gaming points disappeared. There was also a scarcity of cocktail waitresses and this was on a weekend.
3 night business trip Jul 16, 2015
The desk auditors were very rude and hateful.
1 night business trip Jul 17, 2015
Room and hotel were clean and very nice Hotel staff were very nice and helpful Rooms were clean and well kept Hotel was in a great location, ease of walking and to bus stops
3 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2015
"We like the place"
it is nice and pleasant. thanks
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
qisheng
"Downtown Las Vegas Hotel"
This is an "historic" old hotel in Downtown. If you like Downtown L.V. and Fremont Street this is the ideal hotel. Unfortunately they charge an extra amount for "amenities" and the HAVE NO AMENITIES AT ALL. I'm planning to call the Bureau of Tourism in L.V. Parking is free. You can walk to the "Fremont Experience". Needs some cleaning specially carpets. The room was huge and comfortable.
4 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
RAUL
"Very nice room, so nice I'll stay in it on my nex"
It was very good, I would like to stay again sometime.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2015
Norris
I've stayed at el Cortez numerous times over the years and the service and cleanliness of rooms has declined. I won't be staying there anymore.
4 night trip Jul 13, 2015
thomas
"Quick Getaway"
Great place for a quick getaway. Close the bars and Container Park. The Canbana suites were really nice
1 night trip Jul 12, 2015
Room was nice and clean, front desk and room service was polite and very helpful, first time stay, so complimentary items give or discounts and location was a block from Fremont strip
1 night trip with friends Jul 15, 2015
"I wouldn't do it again"
The hotel was too far from the strip not near anything else if I had the choice to do it again I would not have used this hotel. The pictures were deceiving the room appeared nothing like the pictures on the site . It was very outdated.it had smells of heavy cigarette smoke and you had to walk through the casino to get outside . I went to the casino several times and didn't get any service from the hotel staff.
5 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
It was great no complaints, staff was friendly and helpful. Location was great just two blocks from downtown fremont. Just need to add a pool.
4 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
"Going Downhill Fast."
Had to call for Maid Service 2 days. New restaurant is a Rip Off everything overpriced.
3 night trip Jul 12, 2015
carmen
"El Cortez"
I was in the Pavillion room...not a bad room...kind of like to motel section of the property. For the price and location...not bad at all.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2015
"El Cortez Very nice place to stay ."
Stayed 3 nights . The room was really nice ..and so was the view . the only problem was the bathroom was small and the bathtub looked really old . The bed was very comfortable and the old style furniture was a nice touch .
3 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
"Fremont Experience"
Nice stay for Fremont Street experience.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2015
Bjoern
"For the price - no reason to complain"
The room is a bit smaller than I anticipated. It's not really a suite. Very clean and comfortable, however the walls are very thin. I could hear every conversation in the hallway. I could also hear the people next door - not every word, just the sound of voices. All in all - for the price - I'm not complaining. The staff was amazing and very accommodating. For this price, I'd definitely stay there again.
3 night trip Jul 9, 2015
Walking upstairs with baggage was not fun!One lamp and the clock radio were not opperable. The coffee pot had to be moved to the bathroom. No hair dryer. Altogether the worst place I've stayed down town. I will not stay there again!
1 night trip Jul 10, 2015
Alfred
"!"
Best stay on Fremont street.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
The front desk clerk was determined to prove us wrong and acted completely unprofessional. Other than her rude attitude, the room was clean and we were taken care of.
3 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
Hotel clerks were very rude and didn't try or didn't want to answer questions about my reservation three answers were I don't know also resort fees this is not a resort no swimming pool or gym why the fees also should explain how they arrive at the deposit break it down will never stay there
3 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
"Best birthday gift"
Excellent stay & excellent perks
2 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
"great experience"
very surprised on how great the room was very happy
3 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
"nice downtown hotel"
We stayed for the night. The room was a good size, clean and comfortable. The hotel is centrally located off of Fremont Street. I enjoyed my stay and will probably stay again. It was well worth the price.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
Jesus
"Got rest"
Was nice a stay remodeled and updated
1 night trip with friends Jul 6, 2015
"Hmmm..."
Well the lady who checked us in was really nice, but the "vintage" rooms that we stayed in were old and run down... There was somebody else's underwear in the drawer, so it made me doubt how thoroughly the rooms were cleaned... I mean, yes, we stayed here for the cheap price, but it was not worth it when the club next door was playing ridiculously loud music every night till 4am... we couldn't sleep at all. I think I'd rather pay a little extra next time to avoid the inconveniences...
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
"Away from kids"
We had an awesome staff was friendy an help us out. We will be back in August for our next stay
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
"NO POOL AND ROACHES!"
Terrible hotel! NO POOL! THEY have roaches!!!! Just terrible all the way around!!! Don't stay here!
3 night trip with friends Jul 2, 2015
Danielle
"Disappointed Suite"
When I booked the hotel we expected to stay in the original Hotel, but we were taken across the street to a small room they called a suite. I felt very inclosed and tight. I did not play on the machines as much as I would because I have a hip condition which I did not feel like walking back and forth across a hot street, heanse the reason we wanted to stay in the hotel.
Bonnie
"Wouldn't recommend except for location"
The service was unfriendly and our key cards did not work on the elevator, which we spent 20 minutes riding up and down- a problem we hear of other guests having, too. The room was dark, old, and dirty feeling. Nice location in old downtown location.
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
"Awesome deal!"
We were pleasantly surprised what the great deal we paid for got us! We will gladly stay there again in the future!
2 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
"Downtown"
Overnight on the way through Vegas. Nicely appointed room. Downtown has lots of great places to see & eat within walking distance.
Ronald
"YOU MUST READ IT!"
I booked this hotel in order to save money. What can you expect with this price? I'm not going to stay at this hotel anymore also I wouldn't recommend to my friends. If you really want to save money, you can stay here but if I were you, I would invest a few more bucks to stay at better hotel. However, the security system and the services were great!
2 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
"Good for sleeping thats all though."
Clean and comfortable room. No frills at all so don't expect any. Front desk was rude. She didnt stand up to greet the guest on check in and was shocked to learn that all hotels nationwide do not charge an extra made up resort fee. Still even with fee the price was good. In a sketchy area of town but if you don't mind a no frills, gambling only slot machine oriented hotel it's probably fine. Do not expect this to even come close to competing with South strip hotels.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"Great Price. Great Service. Okay room."
El Cortez was a good choice and phenomenally priced. It's a stones throw from the Fremont St Experience and just about any type of market you could want is within walking distance. The rooms were acceptably clean and the staff were very courteous. The smell of cigarette smoke permeated even into our non smoking room when the winds picked up at night but it's Vegas and that's par for the course. If you're looking for a low priced hotel off the strip then El Cortez is a choice worth making.
3 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
"It's hot out"
Just needed to escape the heat, and it served the purpose just fine at a reasonable cost.
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
"Good times"
As usal it is a great hotel we stay there often
1 night romance trip Jun 3, 2015
"great stay"
Excellent hotel service. I took my one month old and it was just an easy stay. I will definitely come again.
2 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
Raul
"El Cortez can get the job done"
love El Cortez! The staff was super helpful. The view of down town is awesome. So much graffiti art and cool architecture to look at. I stayed in the pavilion which accommodates the less expensive rooms. I do wish the bathroom was larger. Maximum capacity is definitely 1 person lol. It's so close to everything you need in downtown. Definitely affordable!
5 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
"Great for the price but don't break down"
Had a wonderful time. The room was small but comfy and clean.just wish there was a pool . My van broke down and we had to stay an extra night aND when we asked if we could stay an extra night the price more than tripled
2 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
Tammy
cheap and well recommended
2 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Iwona
"Good casino hotel in downtown Las Vegas"
The hotel is very closed to the Fremont entertainment center of Downtown Las Vegas. El Cortez has the lowest "resort fee" in downtown and offer everything in casino bettings. We enjoyed our stay .
3 night trip with friends Jun 23, 2015
Pamela
"Value for money"
Comfortable rooms, good location. Good price.
Shirley
Nothing much to say it wasn't what i was inspect to be I got a deal i guess you get wha you pay for the tv was so old
4 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
agustin
"resturant dissapointment"
Love the cortez staff is the best hate the fact that you got ride of the resturant and the specials there the new on had poor service and the prices were much higher than the old cafe. what a shame if somethings not broken dont mess it up even if you had to raise the prices a dollar or two understandable but prime rib for 22 vice the cafe at 8, 12 15 so bring back the local specials
1 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
Jing Jun
"Dont stay here, very noisy during our stay"
The AC barely worked, must be original from when Buggy's Siegal was there. Our Room was right next to Freemont street, very loud music until 2-3 in the morning. If we didn't have to wake up early the next morning we should have stay up and partied at the nightclub across the street. Absolutely no noise insulation, when we called they said they would not move us.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
"Used to be fun, but nothing but hassles now."
Place has gone downhill, girls the front desk were literally helpless, did not honor my reservation, put me in the garbage bungalows across the street. They just shrugged like "sorry, we can't do anything about it." Parking sucks, so many things on this last trip including the scam "resort fee" will make me probably not come back.
1 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015