All hotels in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States of America
600 Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV, 89101, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Dont stay here, very noisy during our stay"
The AC barely worked, must be original from when Buggy's Siegal was there. Our Room was right next to Freemont street, very loud music until 2-3 in the morning. If we didn't have to wake up early the next morning we should have stay up and partied at the nightclub across the street. Absolutely no noise insulation, when we called they said they would not move us.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
"Used to be fun, but nothing but hassles now."
Place has gone downhill, girls the front desk were literally helpless, did not honor my reservation, put me in the garbage bungalows across the street. They just shrugged like "sorry, we can't do anything about it." Parking sucks, so many things on this last trip including the scam "resort fee" will make me probably not come back.
1 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
It was ok but the sink it was plug for 2 days
4 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Emilio
I stayed here for EDC Weekend with my boyfriend and I was extremely disappointed in the wristband situation. I don't think it was fair to have us wearing a wristband for 3+ days. Its not fair to those of us who paid $400+ for rooms and be told to have to wear these. I will never stay here again when visiting due to this whether it's an event weekend or not.
3 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
"Business Stay"
Its ok.. could be better needs more Shuttles Transportation. my scale would be 1 to 10 (My Scale is 5) Needs to be updated on there rooms.
5 night business trip Jun 20, 2015
Latarsha
"worst time ever"
it was the worst experince ever!! they had very rude people at check in they had hidden fees that if i knew about before check in i wouldnt of stayed there they said because i was using a debit card i had to give a deposit of over $200 plus our room rate the rooms were so gross and out dated. they leave water in ur room and a thing on there that says enjoy well dont because if you drink their "smart water" its $5.00 each and wow. its not a great place to stay never again!!!
2 night romance trip Feb 5, 2015
"Very cozy and quiet"
we stayed for a night just to get away and it was very comfortable. beautiful room in the cabana except no view. the only complaint i had was a lack of information from hotel but if you ask questions, you get answers.
1 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
Melyssa
"Love this Hotel"
Loved the suite!
2 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
CLAUDIA
"For showing your age, you sure are comfortable"
Rugby weekend in Las Vegas, so there were many wardrobe changes and lots of space needed. Luckily we were able to get a suite complete with a sectional couch, coffee table, and several side table. The condition of the linens and wear of the bed really showed the age of the hotel, which could use the update that the cabana suites got (excellent extension just off the fremont experience). Overall, a good time.
3 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Very comfortable, nice polite service.
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
Stephen
"Not a happy camper"
Staff very rude when issues came about their hospitality was horrible
1 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
Taiasia
"wonderful"
Very Good love EL CORTEZ Plus Downtown Atmosphere Is The Best forget bout the strip Go Downtown when you visit Las Vegas.
2 night family trip Jun 15, 2015
Lonnie
"A bad experience"
Staff is rude they invade privacy when u report it they have to review footage then tell you they could have knocked harder and that's it I need to use my privacy sign very combative and unfriendly outlets in room didn't work
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
Taiasia
"Pleasantly Surprised"
Efficient check-in. As a first-time guest I was offered a free upgrade to a Cabana Suite. It is across the street and looks like an apartment building from the outside. However, the walk was well-lit, had two security personnel inside and outside and I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very nice with a comfortable couch and a very comfortable bed. Big bathroom. Very happy with accommodations.
2 night trip Jun 15, 2015
"Vegas Baby"
Everything was great except the food
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
"Geat"
We had a great time. The hotel was great. Very clean. we like how they took making sure there guest were safe in there Hotel.
3 night romance trip Jun 14, 2015
Kimmy
"7 days not enough,,"
Hate the 7 day stay rule, understand why they do it, but they should have exceptions on a case by case. I like to stay here 9-11 days, I don't use a gaming card, if they only knew how much they are losing
5 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
"Our Stay at El Cortez in Las Vegas"
Enjoy our stay very much. Room was clean, the refrigerator worked and it was very spacious. Will definitely stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Jun 8, 2015
Patrick
"Love the cabana rooms!"
The El Cortez casino building has a very strong smoke odor..not sure about the rooms in that part, but I really like the Cabana rooms across the street. They are away from noise, smoke, etc..., and only a block from Fremont and a couple from the "Fremont Experience". They are decorated in in black/white/bright green retro with mirrored décor...very cute, very clean, A/C, small fridge, great bath...love 'em!
2 night trip with friends Jun 8, 2015
Laurie Ann
"One-night business stay"
Room was fine and clean, although the bed was a little hard. Good breakfast at Cafe Cortez.
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
"Decent hotel in old part of town"
In the old part of town and has a nostalgic feel. Staff was friendly and the room was decent. Shower could use some work but it was functional....good value for the money
4 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
"Decent hotel and price!"
clean room, great location and price! I will come back again!
3 night trip Jun 11, 2015
"0"
terrible the worst ever
4 night romance trip May 25, 2015
"Fun stay"
Great stay, upgraded room, friendly staff, the only complaint would be the dealers on the blackjack tables they were not friendly and need to be taught customer service.
2 night trip Jun 7, 2015
Trent
"Surprise Treat"
Second visit and second stay at El Cortez. Upgrade to Cabana Suite without any charges. Wonderful and professional front desk service. Pleasant and comfortable room. Only negative impression was the rowdy downtown nightlife.
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
"Love IT"
Wonderfull , love it , will stay there again better than staying on the strip. Love the security system . Very safe . I left a brand new bike in my car over night and didnt worry about it at all ...the food is excelent and you get a lot for the money , my daughter couldn't finish all her pancakes they were so huge . Love it . I had the club sandwich and boy ! It was so so good . I enjoyed my self .. THANKS EL CORTEZ . I will stay with you guys any day.
1 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
"cabana room is retro delightfull"
The cabana room was done in a 1930s style and very nice . Bed was compfortable and AC worked good . fremont street has lots of persons who appear to have escaped a looney bin.
2 night romance trip May 28, 2015
"Downtown jewel."
Great fun. I appreciated the friendly staff, and enjoyed all the benefits of a very people-oriented hotel.
4 night romance trip May 31, 2015
"in this situation the house and I were winners."
it was an overall good experience after a long day with family and friends. restaurant was clean and service was excellent. enjoy the covered parking. and the staff was very accommodating with my needs providing me with a wheelchair. I recommend el cortez for a nice hotel good restaurant and fair price.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Wade
"El Cortez--Cool Vintage Hotel and Casino"
Very affordable stay in vintage Fremont--Played in Binion's 9th poker classic--great trip.
2 night trip Jun 3, 2015
"Don't waste your time or money!!!!"
Went to celebrate my birthday with my wife and youngest son and his wife to be. Reserved two rooms together at the same time. Upon arrival, never dawned on them we might want rooms together. We checked in at 2pm and they refused put us together...In fact, they put us on totally opposite sides of motel in difference buildings...after threat to check out, on second day they moved us at least to same floor in same build. First room tiny, grungy and nothing like pictures. Second room was a little better. Staff not very helpful or friendly. Noisy all night from Freemont St. Refused to let us eat in the Cafe, not the nice restaurant, but the 24 hr. CAFE because we didn't have sleeves on out shirt. On vacation in Las Vegas, 100○ outside and won't let you in the CAFE' in a tank top!!! Valet slow and rude....only high point was the 80 year old bell guy and counter guy at the Subway Sandwich shop in hotel (only place they let us eat) ....
2 night romance trip May 31, 2015
"Freemont visit"
Good spot if you want to visit Freemont. You're one block away. I liked that they don't let anyone go upstairs into the rooms through the elevators. They require your key to be scanned before you can go up to the rooms. Also you get FREE WiFi. You don't have to pay or subscribe to anything like some other others.
3 night trip May 29, 2015
"had a good experience"
Nice room for the price, comfortable bed, quiet
1 night trip May 31, 2015
george
"Vintage fun"
Great vintage hotel
3 night trip May 28, 2015
Always my pleasur
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2015
Rommel
"Very good for the price"
Value, would come back again.
1 night family trip May 21, 2015
"Let it snow"
Vintage room- Would be charged if I smoked in the room, to clean it, but the minute you open the door you're overwhelmed from smoke from the casino. Was on the 2nd floor. The A/C was stuck on the "snow" setting no matter what temp I selected (which I like it cold so that was good). Shower was dirty/old. Carpet crusty. Overall a good value if you're OK with just an below average/average room.
5 night business trip May 25, 2015
arthur
"Memorial Day Weekend"
During our Memorial Day weekend stay, we had to wear wristbands and were not allowed to have any outside guests in our room. The check-in took forever, because they only have THREE check-in stations! Booked a room with a king size bed, at check-in they tried to give me a room with two double beds. I had to make them check if they could find a room with a king size bed, fortunately they did. Only ONE of the outlets in the room would hold my phone plug, the rest were too loose. One of the two elevators stopped working on Sunday, took almost a full day to have it fixed. The rooms were decent, a bit outdated but the bed was comfortable. I would most likely not want to stay here again.
"EL Cortez a GoGo...."
It was for only one night. If you have not stayed there before,the parking garage is across the street and you have to ask for directions.The Cabana Suites is also across the street. The room was great and very cheery with lime green walls and classy black and white furniture. The bathroom was really swank with high end materials. There was a sweet little lobby and a clean work out area adjacent. I saw a lot of millennials, but all are welcomed. A jewel for the downtown district!
1 night romance trip May 25, 2015
richard
"Bang for your buck!!!"
So the room was large and spacious. Teh can=bana suites are across the street from the hotel in a seperate building. This is where the gym located also. The hotel staff was fantastic and I will definelty be going back the next time I am in Vegas. Can beat it for the $48 dollars I spent for the room.
1 night business trip May 27, 2015
Cyndi
"The El Cortez,......a no frills hotel that works."
Great stay,....big room,clean,...restaurant is adequate,....dealers are pleasant,....I just like the place. Shuttle to airport is nice touch as well.
3 night trip May 25, 2015
"Overall happy"
Rooms are very spacious!My only complain is that You need to wear a wrist band throughout your whole stay at the hotel. If you remove it, break it, whatever it's a $20 charge for a new one. You may not go to your room without a wrist band (that means no guests) and you need your room key to use the elevator. Other then that everything was nice, clean, bathroom was a little small but we managed. Area is perfect walking distance to Fremont. Parking is good they have two garages so that's nice.
"Not good or horrible"
arrived, checked in, made me wear a bracelet to get in the room and told me to keep it on for all four days or I would have to pay 25$ for a replacement, not a good start. The room was like an old vegas hotel room, smelled like smoke in the non-smoking section, old furniture and a board over the window which didn't open. Bed was ...ok. There was the last person's soap in the shower still. Other than that it was fine but I don't think it is worth the money.
"Unhappy"
When we got to registration my friend and I were greeted by a super nice woman. We had to switch rooms the next morning as we got in to Vegas a day early. The 2nd woman at registration the next morning was not very nice at all. We ended up paying much more than we expected and she would not take the time to explain. I tried to show my Hotel.com booking and she did not want to see it. In the end we paid $90+ dollars more than we had on our booking. Even when we checked the bill was still very high. We took into consideration all the taxes, etc. Then they wanted us to pay $25 each per person if anyone visited our room? What a hoax!
3 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
russell
"Junior Cabana Suites"
Great staff, better than expected for downtown area.
4 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Marc
"A disappointment near Fremont Street Las Vegas"
This hotel needs some major renovations. We were in one of the vintage rooms and heard extremely loud noise all night. A power strip laid on the floor due to only one room outlet. An old heavy tv sat on the dresser in the room. However, the room was clean and front desk check-in was polite and efficient.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Las Vegas Old School"
Very Good
4 night business trip May 14, 2015
"Good for the money"
For the money I have no complaints. Room was quieter than expected so that helped for a good nights sleep. Room furnishings are a bit old but that is o.k. as I did not pay the price for the Belagio. It is in the old part of town but that in itself can be quite interesting if you are into people watching as I am. I would stay again if I was looking to save a buck.
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
"El Cortez on Business"
Wanted an clean, comfortable, inexpensive place to stay. El Cortez was spot on. We stayed in the cabana suites across from hotel. Security door out front with security guard outside and/or reception person inside. They were congenial and helpful. Locate at end of Fremont Street Experience so noise is avoided but close enough to get to the fun. You can take bus to Strip (only two blocks away). The only downside for me was that it took about an hour to get to and from my conference at another hotel (The Palms) using the bus system but I saved over $150 (after bus passes for 2 people) and did conference homework on the bus.
3 night business trip May 19, 2015
"Good Inexpensive Stay near Fremont St Exp"
Las Vegas local here. One of the best values near Fremont st exp. I've stayed twice and I think the rooms are clean, comfortable, and have a cool old school feel to it. I recommend going tower (2nd tier rooms) or higher. It is usually only a $5 difference between that and the cheapest. It's got a king bed instead of a queen and a flat screen instead of a crv. Stay during the week for the cheapest prices.
1 night romance trip May 21, 2015