All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
216 East Ontario Street, Chicago, IL, 60611, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9483

"weekend to relax +"
My significant other and myself have been together for seventeen years now and wanted to spend the time in Chicago. This was the ideal location and easy for us to get the bus when needed. The hotel was great, service and staff couldn't be any nicer. Would go back in a heart beat.
Ken
"Trending no carpet!"
Love the remodeled rooms. Especially the clean floor - no more nasty carpet!!!
1 night business trip Mar 21, 2015
DAVID
"Excellent Choice!"
The Fairfield Inn & Suites downtown Chicago was well worth the price of the stay. The location was excellent, the hotel was very clean and comfortable, and the staff was very friendly.
3 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
Ryan
"Loved our room!"
The room we stayed in was just renovated. We had 5 people in our room and didn't feel cramped at all. I would stay here again.
2 night business trip Mar 21, 2015
"Weekend getaway"
Great location! Very friendly staff!
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Michele
"Nice digs, thin walls"
over all a pleasant stay--we were there over St. Patty's day, so I guess we were asking for a lot of noise--but the relatively normal college kid noise next to us transferred through the thin walls pretty easily.
4 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
"Nice downtown hotel close to almost everything"
Last minute booking. They were still working on the hotel I believe but there wasn't any noise or mess. Well maintained, clean, and very friendly, helpful staff.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"Fair"
Needed a night in the neighborhood and I've stAyed there before. This stay wasn't a pleasant experience. The heating system was so loud, I had to yurn it off to finally get some sleep. Great breakfast and otherwise great service.
1 night family trip Mar 2, 2015
"No heads up on construction work"
Unfortunately, I didn't find out there was construction happening until I checked in that evening at 9pm. It was extremely loud starting at 6:15am. Room was otherwise nice! Morning breakfast had a ton of great options.
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
Rachel
My husband and I stayed in one of the renovated rooms. They are beautifully redone. I especially like the tiled floors. The staff were all very helpful and the breakfast was good and plentiful.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Very nice but computer glitch spoiled our stay."
Loved the newly renovated room and wished we could have stayed in it the entire stay. Unfortunatetly it was too small. we registered for 2 double beds and were given a single room. I had a friend stay one night due to gymnastics meet early next morning which was why I asked for 2 doubles. Both my confirmation and my print out when I paid for room said double room however the agent said the system had us in for a king room, so here was some glitch. We asked to be moved. Hotel was fully booked so we ended up in a handicap room with a rollaway bed. This room was definitely in need of upgrade and smelled like old urine. Staff were extremely pleasant and helpful otherwise.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Happy"
Economical, clean, close to downtown
1 night romance trip Feb 2, 2015
"A gem of a hotel!"
This hotel is in a perfect location to access all that Chicago has to offer. It's close to shopping, restaurants, taverns, and POPCORN (Garrett's is across the street.)! The hotel was undergoing construction when we were there so the condition right now is in flux. Our room was awesome, it was newly decorated in a modern style that was very cool. Our friends were in the older part of the hotel and they were jealous of our room! The staff was very friendly, every person you passed in the hallway, lobby, etc acknowledged you - saying "hi" or "welcome back" , etc. I never opened a door the whole weekend, - there was always two people opening the lobby doors. Breakfast was good for continental style. Our whole group (12 altogether) had a fantastic experience here. Would love to go back!
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
H
"Thoroughly pleasant stay."
Very friendly service. Really excellent breakfast -- good variety, nice quality. I'd definitely stay here again.
1 night business trip Jan 29, 2015
We enjoyed our stay in the hotel. Employees were hospitable, courteous and respectful. Hotel is accessible to shopping malls, restaurants and most of the attractions in the city.I would love to check-in in this hotel again the next time I visit Chicago.
5 night family trip Jan 29, 2015
DE LA CRUZ
"Great Place!"
Great Hotel, Great Price, Location was a block from Mag Mile, 4 blocks from our favorite pizza place UNO's. New modern rooms. Some hotels try to look like home. I would have stayed home if that's what I wanted. All staff was great!!. Fun to talk too. Small things make the difference! Liked the coffee pot! Yes pot, do not like the one cup makers for two people. Will stay again!!!!!!!!!
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"Under Construction"
They are renovating. This woke us up every day but Sunday. We got moved to another floor to no avail. Terrible for someone on vacation. If you get up early for business you may be fine with this option.
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown / Magnificent Mile
Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback with us. In order to provide the best guest experience possible we are updating our hotel. We are investing a great deal of effort and money to make our guest rooms as modern and up to date as possible. We are taking every effort to keep this work from affecting our current guest’s experience. We are only completing work on floors that are completely unoccupied and this work is only being completed during normal business hours. So yes if you plan on sleeping in late you may here some noise from time to time, however most of our guest are out and about enjoying the city or working so they do not even know work is being completed. I am happy to announce that we are almost complete with our updates. We plan on having everything wrapped up by the end of the month. We have completed quite a few rooms and the response from our guests staying in those rooms is excellent! They cannot say enough good things about the new rooms. We hope that you will have the chance to come back and enjoy our new rooms as well. Thank you
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
jsizzle
The hotel is in an excellent location, easy walking to many attractions. We were greeted by very friendly and helpful staff. Hotel is well kept, very modern lobby, rooms very clean with comfortable beds and pillows
2 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2015
Brandi
"My favorite Chicago hotel"
The breakfast is awesome The staff is so great and the rooms are perfect You're walking distance from Michigan ave and tons of restaurants A great hotel for your first time in Chicago or you're monthly trip!!!
1 night trip Jan 12, 2015
"This hotel is located in really good place!"
The hotel was loacated near Michigan Avenue while the price is decent! The room was comfortable except it smelled something burning. Also, there is no fridge in this room, so it was inconvenient to bring some drinks from outside.
2 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2015
Ji Young
"Blackhawks game"
Very nice hotel. Perfect location. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Katie at the front desk was great. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Jan 6, 2015
JULIE
"Nice hotel in downtown Chicago"
Make sure when you check in that the price expedia quoted is the price you receive at check in
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
Meena
"Comfortable stay"
Great breakfast buffet
Response by Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown / Magnificent Mile
Dear guest, Thank you taking the time to share you experience with us. We truly appreciate our guest’s comments and use them not only as ways to improve but also to share with our team regarding the great service they provide. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again soon!
1 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
"New Year's Eve"
We came to Chicago to enjoy New Year's and a few days after. We were impressed with how quiet the hotel was on New Year's Eve. The hotel staff had created guidelines and stuck with them. The hotel was in a great location and the front desk was helpful at all times.
4 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
"Great experience!"
Check in was extremely fast and efficient. Everyone from the doorman to the counter staff was welcoming and helpful. At check in I was asked if they could assist me in any way during my visit. Within moments I had directions to the Metro and other activities I needed. We arrived early and were able to check in immediately. We needed to ask for a late check out and they were able to accommodate us. The hotel was in a convent and safe section of time. It was bright, cheerful and very clean. The bedding was comfortable. We will recommend this hotel to family and friends and use this hotel when we are in Chicago. Oh yes, it was also very economical. An added benefit. We have paid twice as much in Chicago for a very shabby, out of date hotel.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
judy
great location! Nice Hotel. Very pleased with our visit.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Very unhappy"
We were given a room with 1 bed we had requested 2 beds. I said I would try the cot it was terrible construction started when it was still dark. We were moved to another room the next day. When we checked out we were charged full price for both nights the clerk said "oh I can discount that". She did $20. Really $20 for all the inconvience I don't think we will be staying at your hotels anymore
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Bonnie
"Location perfect! Breakfast bleh."
Location was perfect. Close to buses and shopping. TV lacking USB support making streaming Netflix the only option for movies and entertainment. Room was freezing and staying at 65 degrees even when set at 75. It was a cold week so that was interesting but easy to work around. Breakfast options were very bland. Just bagged eggs and same plastic sausage each morning. Waffles were delicious though. Breakfast room is very tiny with only one door. All the food is located by the door making a cramped space and causing me to skip just because it was too crowded. Luckily this hotel is close to all sorts of options for eating. Staff was smiling and helpful. Over all great stay. Just pack sweats for winter and plan to eat out for breakfast.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Jamie
"Good price and decent accomadations"
Heat was real hit or miss. TB was as cheap as you can find. When res was made, requested a high floor with a view; we were on 10 looing at the back of another building; our friends were on 11 looking out the front and they had made no request. Our room was fine, but they clearly ignored our request. Front desk and housekeeping were wonderful. Broken pipe closed elevators and one stairwell. Fire Dept all over the place.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Fairfield Inn, Chicago"
We went to Chicago for our daughters 10th birthday. This hotel was in a perfect location for us, real close to the American Girl Doll store. Overall, the hotel was fine, showing some age however. The rooms were clean but the carpet was really stained in places. Our hot water was cut off for a day due to renovations. The service was fine, employees were very nice and helpful.
4 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
My family loved the location, we didn't have to walk very far for anything we wanted to do. They were doing some remodeling in the lobby, but you couldn't really tell. Breakfast was pretty good, although a change from the eggs and sausage patties every day would have been nice. I hope they are getting new beds as part of the remodel, because ours felt wore out and I left with a sore neck and back from it. Other than that, the room was quite cozy.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Rich
"Cheap and ok hotel in Downtown Chicago"
Nice hotel with decent-sized room. Breakfast is quite unhealthy with lots of sweet stuff, all on disposable plates, mugs and cutlery - but this seems to be the standard on low-budget hotels in the U.S. as compared to Europe.
5 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
Johan
"the whole package"
My whole family was very pleased with our stay. The hotel has prime location, staff super helpful, very comfortable facilities and good security for an affordable price. Of course doesn't have parking or other amenities but that is common in the area and we know that in advance.
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
Domingo
"Christmas shopping"
Great location and very quite street. The complimentary breakfast was very good. We had a great time.
3 night romance trip Dec 17, 2014
"Fairfield came through!"
We had made a reservation through a third party website, and when we arrived at the hotel they had no record of this reservation. Not only did the hotel find us a better room than we had originally booked, they honored the rate at which the reservation was made, and could not have been friendlier or more accommodating during the whole process. I would highly recommend this hotel based solely on our experience; on top of that, though, the room was lovely and very close to everything we as a family wanted to do. Bravo!
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
Christine
"great location"
Hotel staff were great. Short walk to pretty much everything. Will be back again soon.
2 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
"Shopping"
Walk to magnificent mile shopping and restaraunts... Very nice place to stay... Staff was very friendly and breakfast was good and staff kept food stocked
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
patdc97
"Chicago visit"
I would highly recommend this hotel for any Chicago visitors. The location was great--just 1 block east of Michigan Ave.; close to bus service and walking distance to many major attractions. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. Plus the breakfast was very satisfying. Overall, a great retreat!
2 night romance trip Dec 16, 2014
Mary Ellen
"Four midwestern women for a fun Chicago weekend."
The hotel staff was great answering all our questions in where we should go in Chicago and how to get there. The continental breakfast included hot food other than the traditional waffles. Highly recommend this hotel with a great location in downtown Chicago.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
Brenda
"a nice stay with a great neighborhood"
A nice hotel in the magnificent mile. Duncan's is like two minutes walk away. Very convenient location.
1 night family trip Dec 15, 2014
Caleb
"Holiday trip to Chicago"
The Fairfield Inn is located a little over a block from Michigan Avenue, so the location is excellent. Shopping is very close. The Seven Eleven is only a little over a block away for our morning Diet Coke and beer for the room. Timothy O'Toole's, a great Irish Pub & sports bar is the same distance away in another direction. Garrett's Popcorn was even closer than that....must try! The room was very comfortable with a nice living area next to the bedroom. Tried the breakfast one morning, and it was quite satisfactory. I'll certainly stay there again if I get back there next Holiday Season.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
Alan
"Great Service"
Wonderful
2 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
"Good hotel in great area but could use updates"
Hotel location was perfect. Staff was helpful and friendly. Construction in lobby. Room carpet could use a steam cleaning, but otherwise comfortable. One thing I found lacking was a room safe.
4 night business trip Dec 14, 2014
"Happy Holidays."
Wonderful. Will stay again. Look forward to the new rooms under construction. Happy Holidays
2 night family trip Dec 14, 2014
"Loved this hotel"
Super fabulous room on the 15th floor: tall ceilings, bright windows, cozy and comfortable, Wi-Fi that works, and close to everything (walked to shopping on Michigan Ave, Navy Pier, Millennium Park, running along Lake Michigan).
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
Christopher
"Most expensive broom closet I've ever rented."
The accommodations were much smaller than we are accustomed to while traveling in the states. Cost per square foot was a great disappointment.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Ted
"Very well priced for where it was."
It was a great hotel, well priced and right in the middle of all the exciting stuff to do.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Nice hotel, great location in downtown Chicago."
Great location just a block from the Michigan mile. Great price. Great breakfast. Only complaint was room lacked amenities like microwave and fridge.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
Chuck
"Clean and great location"
I had a wonderful experience at this hotel. They seem to have all the basics covered: clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff, a pretty respectable hotel continental breakfast, and amazing location. This was my first time in Chicago and issues at your hotel can ruin a city's perception for you. I'm incredibly glad this was not the case for me. When I return to Chicago, this Cleveland boy will definitely stay at this hotel again. The only small negatives I can think of was a lackluster wifi and our room was slightly smaller than I would prefer. These are not deal breakers and I would gladly return.
3 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
Drew
"More than impressed."
Really can't say enough good things about this Fairfield. Location was ideal for access to dozens of restaurants, Navy Pier, and Michigan Ave. Hotel staff were bright, cheery, and helpful. They helped me adjust my room size after it was incorrectly requested on hotels.com. Housekeeping did a fantastic job. Will def. stay there again if in Chicago.
3 night trip with friends Dec 4, 2014