All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
216 East Ontario StreetChicagoIL60611United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9483

Delicious food
    Good internet service
  • Value for money
"First time in the Windy City"
While the hotel is going thru some renovations the staff was very nice and helpful. Loved how close it was to shopping. Great location! Hope to be back soon!
1 night trip with friends Dec 19, 2015
"Construction but Otherwise Great"
Construction was a bummer, but overall not a bad stay.
3 night romance trip Dec 16, 2015
Hiep
"Hotel close to mag mile"
The location is great!! However, our first surprise was that the lobby & breakfast area were under construction. This was never mentioned when I booked, so that was disappointing. Our room was freezing!! We kept turning up the heat. Very noisy heating system. Cold air was blowing in from the hallway too, through the cracks in the door. Decent breakfast selection, but not enough seating. Not sure if that was due to the construction
Other trip Dec 20, 2015
detroit gal
"Nice hotel, don't stay if you want to sleep"
The hotel was overall nice. The staff was great and despite construction the actual hotel was nice and close to shops and food. The reason for the poor review is my room backed up to an alley that received very loud delivers at all hours. I am talking about loud trucks backing up, unloading cargo, people talking and crates being moved around. If you ar ok with loosing sleep then go ahead and stay here. My first night delivers were happening at 4 am and 6 am. My second night delivers were at 8 pm between 1-2:30 am and again at 6 am. Not sure what is behind this hotel but the noise is is loud it is really not worth staying here. I am surprised there is not a noise ordinance in the city that stops this from happening. I travel for work a lot and like to be close to food and shops but this was not worth he lack of sleep.
Other trip Dec 19, 2015
karin
"SUPER Weekend"
The only thing that I would work on would be the breakfast. Otherwise-GREAT hotel and EXCELLENt location. LOVE Hotels.com recommendation of the hotel.
2 night family trip Dec 12, 2015
carlos
Rooms were perfect for a family of 4 but the smell of smoke from the restaurant next door is a bit much.
1 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
"Great location okay room"
Room was small but clean and fairly updated. Halls to room need some updating/cleaning. Seemed odd not to have carpet in room but nice faux wood floors.
2 night trip Dec 12, 2015
stacey
"Great value for the $$"
The 6th floor smelled like wood smoke and I have asthma so we requested to have a room change and they gave us a nice 2nd floor room. No issues with the room at all. The heater was a bit noisy but nothing that you cant sleep through. The shower head sprayed up towards the ceiling and I let the desk know that so they could fix it. I was still able to shower, just bad for the ceiling. I think some kid messed with it. Breakfast was good, fresh fruit and yogurt and hot sausages, waffle maker and hot and cold beverages. I would say yes too anyone who wants a nice clean room to be able to go shopping and rest. Nice Hotel.
1 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2015
Amelia
"Stay here for the Magnificent Mile"
It was a good stay for the price. A mile of malls. The service was excellent. Everyone was friendly and helpful.
2 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
"Good room at a good price..."
All was good except the hotel smells like a campfire. The smell is nice in the lobby but is a bit overwhelming in your room. Recent remodel is nice; good breakfast, friendly staff. Would stay again, would like a campfire smell free room though.
1 night business trip Dec 12, 2015
NATHAN
The location was perfect for shopping on the Magnificent Mile and we most appreciated the service and friendly attitudes of all the staff. I would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to book another stay there for my next visit.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2015
"Happy"
Great location, great flexibility. Loved that we were able to check in early. Thank you for making our simple stay memorable in a good way!
3 night business trip Dec 3, 2015
Bernadette
"Friendly, clean, cute, and great location"
We had a great stay. Gus was very friendly and helped us find a pub walking distance for a late night meal. He also recommended great places to see Christmas lights. The room was cute and cozy. Perfect for a night away downtown. The hotel is located walking distance from shopping, food, and entertainment. My husband and I would stay again.
1 night romance trip Dec 4, 2015
Lauren
Great size suite for the location. Staff was very helpful but a shout out to Josh who was amazing.
1 night trip Dec 2, 2015
This is a great and reliable hotel chain. The room was modern and clean and just the right size for a quick couple's getaway. The breakfast is always satisfying and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend staying here.
1 night romance trip Dec 1, 2015
"Very cozy & comfortable!"
We loved the location, it was 1 1/2 blocks off Mag Mile but felt like a cozy, residential neighborhood - very quiet! The room was spacious and comfortable, the hot breakfast was wonderful, the desk staff (Carleton) does a great job, the concierge (didn't get his name) was very friendly and knowledgeable. We will definitely look to stay here again the next time we are in the Second City!
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
Ellen
"Stay on the Mag Mile"
Really enjoyed our stay. Hotel was great and convenient for museums, shopping and restaurants.
2 night family trip Nov 22, 2015
Brad
We were a little disappointed in the size of our room & that fact that it only had one odd chair in the room aside from the "office" chair. There was also an issue with the radiator on our last night there & it was quite loud during the night.
2 night business trip Nov 23, 2015
RENEE
Great hotel with an outstanding staff, located in a wonderful neighborhood.
2 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
Booked a king-size online. Upon arrival was told only a queen available. No discount was offered. I had to ask. Room was located directly across the street from the hospital emergency room. Sirens all night. Heating system was inop. Was told it was a sensor system and that's how it worked. Complained a second time and an engineer said we would have to use the wall unit because the thermostat was not working correctly. Paper at everyone's door in the am except mine.
Other trip Nov 19, 2015
Erin
"I like this hotel. It is close to Northwestern Ho"
I like this hotel. It is close to Northwestern Hospital and that is the reason for my stay. Very friendly staff. Nice breakfast in the morning. Will stay again and have a room booked already for the future stay. Some people don't like the noise from the ambulance's but That doesn't bother me.
1 night trip Nov 3, 2015
"Thanks!!!"
The service was awesome!
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2015
Ken
"Ok hotel, great location"
Hotel is ok. Comfortable but could be better. The neighborhood is awesome.
1 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2015
Enrique
Great room at a great price. I will stay here again.
2 night business trip Nov 8, 2015
Rodney
It was a 2 day 1 night stay We had a great time The room was really nice We had a great time and the service was great The only comment I have would be about the breakfast space. It was too crowded to enjoy
1 night romance trip Nov 6, 2015
Andie
"Pricey Stay but Comfortable and Great Location"
Overall, this was a decent hotel for the price. The only issue I have (and it was probably with my room) was that it overlooked a dumpster near a parking garage, and they were doing dumpster pick up at 5am in the morning. Other than that, it was a good experience. Clean room, friendly staff, free breakfast. Self parking is everywhere but costs about $40 (not the hotel's fault, because it's city parking). Take the train if you can and save on parking costs. But overall a great hotel.
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2015
The front desk staff and concierge were awesome, particularly Kylah and Carlton. The room was spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was week stocked in all areas.
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2015
"Excellent hotel - would stay here again."
Comfortable stay, excellent breakfast, polite frontdesk.Parking is pricey if you use the hotel's facility, but you can find something more affordable if you use websites such as spothero, and if you're willing to walk a few blocks to your parking spot.
1 night family trip Oct 31, 2015
"Best Rate Near Magnificient Mile"
This was a great hotel for the price! Free wifi and free breakfast with hot items till 10 everyday! ALL employees were extremely friendly and helpful. Close to Magnificient Mile. Fun Irish bar on the corner. Would definitely stay again.
2 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
Kelli
"Good overall"
I was here for one night and it served it's purpose. The hotel is close to many eateries and shopping. Several self parking choices are within a block or two (all pricey and at least one is very tight). Overall the stay was fine...nothing to cheer about. Some may disagree, but I prefer carpet in hotels. The floor was cold.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2015
Not Provided
Very noisy because of construction next door and hospital close
3 night romance trip Oct 18, 2015
Janice
"Nice hotel very close to great food and shopping"
My friend and I enjoyed being so close to our room that we could drop off our bags and go right back out for more shopping!!
Other trip Oct 23, 2015
Ang
"NOISE!!!!"
Noisiest hotel I have ever stay in and I have stayed near Bourbon Street in New Orleans. Busy, noisy street on one side, hospital with continuous ambulances and sirens of the other, and construction with a wrecking ball on the side. I had to sleep with my earphones one and that didn't help much. Very,very small room with no closet and certainly not a bargain for what you get.
Other trip Oct 22, 2015
"Fantasitc Staff! Definitely recommend!"
The staff was amazing!! They were so kind and helpful with anything we needed. The rooms are cheerfully decorated, clean and comfortable. Lucy, our maid, kept our room clean each day, and did a fabulous job! Josh & Wes at the front desk and lobby, as well as several other staff members, whose names I didn't get, were friendly, positive and helpful. Each day, they gave us great information to help with tours, museums, buses, etc. that we were inquiring about. If I had one complaint, it would be that there were several sirens each day/night, that occasionally disrupted our sleep, which would be somewhat expected when you have a hotel in the heart of the city. However, we requested a fan (which we are used to having at home anyway) and this helped with providing the right amount of noise to sleep, as well as to drown out the occasional siren. The price was lower than most other hotels in the downtown Magnificent Mile area. Great location... only 2 blocks from Michigan Ave. Perfect for shopping and dining!! I would definitely stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites again, and would recommend to friends and family!
3 night family trip Oct 14, 2015
Cynthia
Went to Chicago for josh groban concert, picked this hotel for the price, enjoyed our 2 night stay, staff were very friendly and helpful!
2 night romance trip Oct 17, 2015
Jonathon
"good for business~~"
comfortable enough for business purpose....
2 night business trip Sep 30, 2015
Margaret
"Where have you been all of my stays"
I will stay here every time I come to Chicago - Carlton was awesome! Everyone was so professional - thank you for a wonderful getaway day trip for my husband and I!!
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Charlotte
"too expensive"
they gave us the worst room they had 4th floor across from elevator with view of brick wall. the room was good enough and the breakfast was good. it was super expensive for the room and the view.
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Pennie
"Fairfield offers great value and service for price"
There are quite a few different Marriott hotels in downtown Chicago, but for my money the Fairfield Inn is the best value. Located just 2 blocks from Michigan Ave. (about 4 blocks south of Water Tower), I ended there after having to extend my stay in the city. The staff was extremely courteous and professional (I ended up arriving at 11 and they managed to check me in. Theres a great complimentary breakfast (very popular so you might have to wait for the make your own waffles). My room was well decorated and clean. My quibbles (and these are minor) are no microwave and the refrigerator being in a hard to find area (it didn't really fit in the space that well, and no movie options on the TV. Other than that, its a great place to stay in downtown Chicago, and I would definitely come back.
2 night trip Sep 11, 2015
Front desk staff was very attentive and helpful. Continental breakfast available for around four hours, but can get crowded. Location is very convenient.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2015
"Great place!"
We came with another couple for one night, the suite was perfect, just what we expected, the front desk was very professional. We got there at 10:00 am, and they found a room available for us. Everyone was very accommodating. Great location!
1 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2015
A very nice, peaceful, pleasant stay.
2 night trip Sep 11, 2015
A quick trip to Chicago with my daughter. Everyone at the hotel was very pleasant and helpful.
1 night family trip Sep 9, 2015
"Weekend getaway"
Hotel was very close to the Magnificent Mile. Staff was really friendly and helpful when you were looking for different things in the area. Valet parking was a little expensive per night.
3 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Carla
"Weekend getaway"
Loved the free continental breakfast. Very convenient location. Close to everything.
3 night family trip Sep 2, 2015
"Just "okay""
Went for a long weekend. Hotel is in the heart of Chicago just a short walk from the Magnificent Mile (plus). Complimentary breakfast is a plus. However, when we arrived in our room the a/c had leaked water all over the floor. It was fixed and cleaned up the next day as we had a very late arrival. Day two our room was never cleaned by Housekeeping--not until we called about it at 4:00 p.m. Will probably stay somewhere else the next time we visit Chicago.
3 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Loved it
1 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
Tamika
Newly renovated facility in a great location off the Magnificent Mile. Decor is modern and much more upscale than I expected from your typical Fairfield Inn. Everything is new. Front desk service was A+. Breakfast room was busy (but never too busy), but also remained clean and well-stocked. Rooms were appointed in modern decor with thoughtful, guest friendly touches, including USB/electric outlets at the bases of the bedside lamps and desk lamps. There was a mini fridge hidden in the combo wood, quartz-top dresser/desk. I initially very much liked the faux wood flooring. However, we had a room with a communicating door to an adjacent room, and consequently, could hear a significant amount from the neighbors next door. A conversation slightly above conversational tone could be heard clearly in our room, and when they decided to play music, it reverberated loudly off the faux wood floors into our room. The front desk staff was kindly communicated our noise concerns to them and things quieted down; however, I would be concerned that this design flaw could be a problem for future travelers. Otherwise, great stay and would recommend.
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
"great hotel"
I am booking this hotel again for the winter to see the city lights. Staff and everything about this hotel is great. Paid for a suite so my infant could sleep and not be disturbed. Not sure about the other rooms but I am booking the same room again for my next stay.
2 night family trip Aug 25, 2015
Stephen
"Great value and extra friendly - location Perfect!"
It was a great stay. I was so thankful that when we stopped by early after trekking across town from the train station that the desk was actually able to get us our room and it was only 1 o'clock - that sold me off the bat. Everyone was friendly and nice.
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015