All hotels in Ames, Iowa, United States of America
2600 E 13th St, Ames, IA, 50010, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Good experience!"
We stayed in Ames over the 4th of July weekend. The hotel seems to have been recently updated. We were very satisfied with our stay. The breakfasts are filling and pretty good...as much as you can eat. The little kids in our group awoke early, so it was nice to have access to a quick meal. I was surprised and pleased at the variety of food. Our bed was comfortable, pillows too.
Response by Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ames
Thank you for your very kind comments and the "Five Star" rating. We so appreciate you taking time to comment. The hotel is just completing a total renovation so we are excited to see that you noticed the updates and enjoyed the comfy bed and pillows. Breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express continues to be very popular because of the variety of offerings and the hours of serving. Please visit us again when traveling to or through Ames. Carol S General Manager
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Kathleen
"Friendly service"
Very friendly and helpful staff
2 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
"Dissapointed"
We found out the hotel was under construction when we arrived. I believe it would be abest practice of Expedia and/or Holiday Inn to disclose this before booking. Agree?? We paid full price at an under construction hotel w/ a pool that was marginal at best. When your under construction and offering sub par service the hotel should temporarily reduce rates. Anyway won't be staying at Holiday Inn anytime soon.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
Neil
"Under construction!"
They never told us this hotel was under going construction. The place was a mess and there was no accommodation in the price.
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Theresa
"Expecting more!"
Room was comfortable. But expected a hot tub for the price! Won't stay again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ames
We so appreciate you taking a moment to comment on your stay with us and love hearing that you had a very comfortable room. I am sorry that you were disappointed the property did not have a hot tub. However, we do have a very comfortable pool and pool area that can be enjoyed by all ages. Again, thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. Carol S. General Manager
2 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
RICHARD
"A nice getaway"
I didn't think this hotel was that old, but they were in the middle of a renovation when we stayed. Our room was just redone and was very nice. The only complaint is that on a windy night, there seemed to be a lot of noise coming from the window (kind of a whistleing). Breakfast was awesome, everything was clean, staff was friendly.
R
"Close to interstate , convenient"
Staff very nice, BUT we reserved a 2 queen bedroom , and when we got there , they said only a king size bedroom available. :( Disappointed in that.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Sue
"Average hotel, will improve after construction"
I would say that this hotel is just average overall. Pros include A) a very friendly, welcoming, and attentive staff, B) a free and sturdy crib for our little guy, C) clean rooms, and D) a HUGE breakfast room with a lot of choices. Cons were A) that the room was pretty small - the two queen beds didn't leave much extra floor space, which is desirable when you have a toddler (perhaps they have larger rooms and I could have booked one), B) the pool and its room are pretty small and there is no hot tub, C) the overall look of the interior is pretty dated, but I have no doubt that the upcoming construction will change that significantly. There are nicer hotels in the area, so I probably won't stay here again, but honestly, it's a "buyer's market" and there really aren't any deal-breakers when it comes to this location.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Starting to show some wear"
Hotel is starting to show a little wear around the edges. Still a good value though. Exercise equipment is a bit dated and worn, but they do have a agreement with a local gym which we didn't use on our trip.
2 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
"Not very sanitary. Given a smoking room."
Hotel should do a better job of keeping things clean. I was given a smoking room even through I told them I have allergies. Worst experience of my life.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
chris
"Very pleasant stay!"
We stayed here for a full week. The staff was very friendly. The beds are comfortable and the room was always kept very clean. Thanks for the pleasant stay!
7 night trip Aug 10, 2014
Beverly
"Very nice surprise"
Driving through Iowa on our way home from Canada fishing trip. Nice comfy good clean nice breakfast.
doug
"Started out good but..."
When we first entered our room we were impressed. Room was clean and smelled really nice. Sleeping is where it went down hill, it is a hotel after all, a place to sleep. My main issue was with the air conditioner. It is in bad need of maintenance. The thermostat was way off and some of the functions did not work. At times it became so loud that it sounded like a jet engine only to shut off completely and plunge us into silence. I like it cool while I sleep and it never was very cool even though the outside temperature was not hot. Not a peaceful night sleep. It was late, we unloaded all our stuff and we were really tired or would have asked to change rooms. A few other details I could nit-pick about are the attention to detail in the bathroom, like tile needing replacement and new grout, terrible patchwork on the wallpaper. Obviously those are not deal-breakers since it was otherwise clean. I forgot to tell the front desk about the air in the morning so hopefully no one else has been in the room yet, poor souls. Breakfast was decent. Overall this rating would have been much more positive had I slept. It was well past 2:00am before my body gave out and eventually went to sleep.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
Dean
I would return but only if the price is right. For a second night it was going to cost 50.00 more so I decided to go to a another hotel for the second night.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Pleasant stay"
Was a quiet and very nice place to stay.
3 night trip Jun 12, 2014
Room in need of updating and repairs. Tiles missing from Bathroom walls, cracks in tiles, room smelled of moldy odor. Wallpaper coming off walls in Bathroom. Windows dirty, along with winddow sills. Curtains dirty and torn.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Pat
"Comfort!!"
Nice hotel - great bed and pillows, WONDERFUL breakfast. Only complaint was that even though we booked a non-smoking room, the room smelled very smokey. It wasn't a deal breaker for me, but if I (or anyone with me) had bad allergies to smoke, it would have been a problem.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
"Would definitely stay here again."
We were just staying for one night, and this hotel was an unexpected surprise. The location was terrific, service was lovely, room was clean. The next time we are in Ames, this will be our first choice in hotels.
1 night trip May 25, 2014
Mary O.
"Very comfortable with lots of extras"
Our room was very nice with comfortable bed, microwave, coffee pot and small fridge. There was even a roll of paper towel. The room was a nice size and quiet for sleeping. It was full the night we stayed and I didn't hear anything. Everything was clean and the staff was nice. There was a breakfast included which was mediocre. Everything was processed and prepared somewhere else and heated up except for the pancake machine. Since this is the only downside I am giving this an excellent rating as everything else made up for the breakfast. I would stay here again.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Vicki
I like that it was easy to find off the intrastate. Clean and quiet.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
"yuk"
The facial tissue was harsher than the paper towels provided. there were only feather pillows. I'm allergic. No offer to find me pillows to use. Internet winked in and out - hard to do business
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
"Clean, quiet, affordable"
We expect a hotel room to be clean and this was. The room was used while passing through town so we didn't get to spend much time in the area. This hotel did not disappoint!
1 night trip Mar 27, 2014
Hotel was clean and easy to find. We enjoyed our stay and the staff were very accommodating in helping us check in early.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"Comfortable Hotel"
I was worried that the hotel might be loud as there was a group of young hockey players staying on our floor but, once in our room, we couldn't hear anyone else.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"Not accommodating when making reservation on line!"
Made reservation for 2 beds, 3 adults, via hotels.com, as always. Arrived to find our room was one king bed. Staff stated that they don't know what we request when we book online, but that for an additional fee we could get a rollaway bed. I questioned why we should have to pay extra and this person was not at all going to consider not charging the extra $$ to make this customer happy! When the brought the bed to our room we pointed out to him that there was really no space for it in this (handicap accessible ) room. He looked around and said, "well, I don't know where it fits, try moving the furniture around"! Otherwise a nice enough place, but won't bother to return...
2 night trip Feb 21, 2014
"Convenient to ISU"
The room was comfortable and the pool was clean and warm. Lots of other guests but we did not hear them through our walls. Breakfast was delicious and there were plenty of options for picky teenage boys.
1 night trip Jan 31, 2014
The staff was very helpful when my 88 year old father fell ill. They provided some assistance in arranging care . The rooms were comfortable breakfast good and the facilities were great. thank you.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
Rose
Flush more noisy than an aircraft's. Noisy A/C outside . Otherwise clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
"Convenient location to Ames and the interstate"
We have stayed here twice and both times it was very nice. Clean, comfortable and staff very friendly. Not sure about the breakfast as we had other meal plans.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"Right Off the Interstate ~plenty of parking"
Front Desk check in was speedy and pleasant. pools, and continental breakfast included. Fair Pricing for a Collage town.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
Mooser
"Very nice hotel in Ames"
Much quieter location than most of the other hotels in Ames. Easy drive from Iowa State University. Breakfast was much better than expected. Pancakes, bacon, omelets, bagels plus the other standard fare. Hotel was decorated very nicely and staff was very friendly and efficient. The only thing less than perfect was the mattess on the bed in my room was sagging on one side.
Other trip Oct 4, 2013
"Better than the reviews"
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and were pleasantly surprised with the room and breakfast! Very nice. Will definitely make this our first choice next time to Iowa state!
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
"Very well kept hotel"
Great free breakfast. Except for parking lot repair everything was great. At least they are repairing it which is more than I can say for other hotels.
3 night trip Jul 20, 2013
Sheldon
"Decent Hotel"
This was a decent hotel. We were on a college visit with our son and just needed a place to stay over night. The front desk staff was very friendly. Our room was clean. The only thing that wasn't great was that the pool was cold and there was no hot tub. The breakfast was pretty good, but the eggs didn't taste right to me. All in all, a good place to stay. I would stay there again if I were ever in Ames again.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2013
Barb
"Big Bummer"
The overnight staff was very unprepared and highly unprofessional. There were fingernails on our floor, no soap, no shampoo, and list goes on and on. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2013
"Stay was fine, but hot part of breakfast less so"
The hotel itself was fine. I chose this over the Hampton Inn because we could get a room for $16 less this particular weekend. However, the breakfast (most important part of the stay) was a little disappointing. The selection was very reasonable, with a wide variety of stuff. However, the eggs were atrocious -- scrambled on Saturday, obviously powdered; cheese omelettes on Sunday, clearly from an assembly line, worse. The sausage gravy was good and the biscuit on Saturday was all right; the biscuit on Sunday was clearly from Saturday, half of it was hard to cut with a knife. The so-called bacon they had on Sunday looked and tasted strange -- my wife described it as "bacon-flavored deep-fried construction paper." On the positive side, the warm cinnamon rolls were a treat. They had a machine to make pancakes, but we did not try them. Based on my experience here (Ames is not a regular stop for us) and my past experience with Hampton Inns in general, I'll definitely choose Hampton.
2 night trip Dec 14, 2012
"Welcoming, comfy, and great breakfast!"
The staff were very helpful and welcoming, the room was very comfortable (I particularly liked the pillows that were marked "soft" and "firm"), and the breakfast was excellent. Can't go wrong with a Holiday Inn Express!
Other trip Nov 19, 2012
"On the Same Street as My Conference"
My peer and I had a great time at the hotel. It was convenient, clean, and comfortable. I would definitely stay there again.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2012
"Ok if you just need a place to sleep."
I booked a non smoking room and the reserved a smoking room. Yuk! Way over priced! I stayed in nicer places for alot less money.
Other trip Oct 2, 2012
"Good not great"
It was just ok. Nothing special.
1 night business trip Sep 22, 2012
L
"Close to Campus"
The hotel was very close to Iowa State University (approximately a five minute drive). If you have a student at the university I would highly recommend the hotel for visiting on Family Weekend or for football and /or basketball games.
2 night trip Sep 14, 2012
"Pricing practices"
Everything was as expected. I do object to the prices being "jacked up" because it was a football weekend. We were there to visit family, not as Iowa State alums and this "gouging" is unfair. The cost of the room should be uniform. Nancy
Other trip Sep 17, 2012
"Holy moly! what an awesome hotel!!"
The room was great. Breakfast was superb, especially the bacon!
Other trip Sep 17, 2012
Lloyd Christmas
"Great hotel but look elsewhere"
Great location and facility. My only concern is that the guy at the desk asked for my drivers license and wanted to photo copy it. I've never had a hotel ask for this. The guy said it was company policy. I got the photo copy back when I checked out and made a decision to patronize a different hotel in the future.
Other trip Aug 27, 2012
"Great Business Hotel"
Hotel was very comfortable and convenient to the places I needed to go.
Other trip Aug 24, 2012
"Good Location, close to isu,stores and restaurants"
Had a wonderful time,pool was terriffic and soothing and the rooms and bed were perfect and comfortable and Nolan the clerk was funny he made you feel welcomed, Thanks again
3 night trip Aug 15, 2012
ms Hampton
"College bound"
The room was clean. It was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast could have been better. Cold continental was good. Pancake maker wasn't working It was fair week and ISU move in, the price seemed high for the hotel.
2 night trip Aug 11, 2012
College bound
Front Desk guy was super nice. We came in late and he said he was waiting just for us!
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2012
"No hot water"
I have stayed before at this hotel without incidence. However, this time there was no hot water in the morning. Made my morning rough.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2012
Craig

"Ames wedding"
Hotel was great. Only improvement would be to have provided a few more towels for the hot tub.
2 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015