All hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
61 Wireless Road (Witthayu), Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok, Bangkok, 10330, Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A good hotel getting by on an excellent name"
I checked into the hotel, paying double (to even triple) what I'd normally been paying in Asia because I thought it would be nice to be pampered in the midst of a very long period of Asian travel. What I instead got was a perfectly sufficient business hotel experience that left my feeling good, but not at all pampered or nurtured. This hotel seems to me to be living on the luxury of it's name. I'd recommend digging a bit more (guess I was lazy & going for the known factor/brand identity) and finding a more luxurious boutique experience.
5 night trip Aug 4, 2014
Scott C Embler
Nice hotel, not very good location... I would prefer next to river. If you find a great price, do stat here.
Response by Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for sharing your feedback on Expedia and for choosing to stay with us in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel. We do indeed feature some exceptional special offers and packages for staying in our hotel and we are thrilled that you found it to be good value and that you liked our hotel. We are located in the center of Bangkok, just a few minutes’ walk from the Phloen Chit BTS Station as well as a new luxury shopping mall called Central Embassy. Several other major shopping malls such as Siam Paragon, MBK and Central World are only a few BTS stops away. Once again thank you for your feedback, we hope that you would consider staying with us again at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel during your next visit to Bangkok. Kind regards, ChooLeng Goh General Manager
Other trip May 12, 2014
"Great Gluten Free Service"
The chef at the Plaza Athenee went out of his way to make sure my wife was served Gluten Free food. He even gave her a loaf of Gluten Free Bread to take with us on our travels
3 night trip Apr 13, 2014
Kirby
This hotel was perfectly fine, but a bit outdated, especially for a five star hotel.
1 night trip Apr 3, 2014
"One of my top 3 hotels in terms of services"
The hotel staff was very nice and attentive. I like the facilities there, the pool was nice and we also played squash there. The twin bedroom itself was clean and the shower was very comfortable. The beds are a bit soft for my taste, but my friend slept very well and wants to get exactly the same mattress... Altogether we stayed there for 9 days. We really enjoyed our stay here. The thing I also liked was that the hotel offered many free bottles of water within the room. This sounds very basic but it's something that I really appreciated. Also they offered us a complimentary laundry services for 4 pieces of clothing. I've stayed at many 5 star hotels, but in terms of service, I think this hotel belongs to my top 3 best hotel services so far. The only thing that could be better was more in terms of the location (nearest restaurants would be about 7-10min walking distance).
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
Tony L
"Nice convenion to all shopping and public"
Enjoys great service,all staffs are verry helpful and make u feel at home
Other trip Jan 11, 2014
bundit
"Athenee in Bangkok - Very Nice"
Hotel was great. Service was outstanding. Location was very centrally located. I would recommend this to anyone looking to visit Bangkok at a hotel at a reasonable rate
1 night trip Dec 28, 2013
Bill S
"Great Hotel, great location"
Nice clean modern hotel with lots of amenities. Good part of Bangkok to be in, close to restaurants, culture, spas, and all the rest. Big spacious bathrooms with shower and tub. Plenty of room.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
PrestonK
"Good one but could be better"
I have been trying out different hotels in the area, changing them every few days and I must say nothing but positive about this hotel. I remember thinking that it wasn't worth the money in comparison to other hotels for the same price. The view wasn't that great, the shower was ok. Its located in a not so convenient area, you have to walk to get places, which is why I gave it a 4 out of 5. We really loved Sofitel, a much better choice for the same price.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
"Great location, Professional Thai staff. best Spa"
I love traveling alot, and a few points i use to measure the quality of the hotel. One of these is the quickness and accuracy in cheking in and cheking out. Both exceeded no more than 2 mins each. The location is amazing. Only 4 min walking to BTS Pholen chit station. As well, only 10 min walking to Nana square with its resturants and Nana Plaza with its great nightlife. I've tried SPAs in many countries, but never like the one in this hotel. very professional. I dont remember any Thai person in da hotel met me at anytime without an honest not fake smile. For me, Privacy is very important for me, and i believe they respected my Privacy to the highest level.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Samer
"Great Hotel in downtown Bangkok"
Staff was very attentive and proactive, even anticipating some needs. Breakfast bar is definitely worth the price with a full range of Western, Japanese, Indian and Thai fare.
Response by Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel
Dear Jim, Thank you for staying with us at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing your experience on Expedia. We strongly believe in outstanding customer service and your kind feedback about our associates being attentive and proactive is a true testimony of what we strive for. In The Rain Tree Café, we endeavor to offer a wide variety of Cuisine on our signature Le Méridien breakfast buffet and I am delighted that you enjoyed it. Once again, thank you for your kind feedback, we are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon to the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel. Kind regards, ChooLeng Goh General Manager
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
"Great staff and location - and breakfast!"
I spent 2 night at this hotel - this was my third trip to Bangkok and I have stayed in 3 different hotels. I thought the staff was great - they were helpful with everything from off site laundry service to directions. The breakfast is a feast of anything you could possibly want! My only complaint is the shower had mold in it and the toilet was the kind in America we flush with out feet... But all things considered - I thought the price, location and value were great!
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"Good location for a fair price"
It is located half a way to Siam Center and Nana Entertainment zone. Quite convenient if you are planning to enjoy the night in this area. The hotel is a bit old now and some areas need refurbishment, but overall it is ok. I would definitely recommend to stay in the Club levels. You not only get breakfast and drinks included in the package but you can also use their meeting rooms. Not exceptional, but a good hotel indeed.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
Filipe
"5 Star Service from Staff"
The multi-lingual staff is very helpful and customer service oriented. My room was spotless and the service at this hotel is excellent. I would highly recommend Plaza Athenee.
Other trip May 30, 2013
lovely hotel. breakfast is so-so for high end in bangkok and not worth the money. friendly, attentive service and staff. very nice fitness center and pool. location not in the thick of things, whether thats good or bad depends on you. easy walk to the sky train and centrally located in city.
3 night business trip Apr 25, 2013
rob c
"very nice and pleasant"
My stay has been very pleasant and the hospitality and warmth of staff is geat as always
Other trip May 3, 2013
"Great hotel goes downmarket"
I had previously lived in Bangkok, and used to visit the Plaza Athenee for lunch or sometimes for breakfast, and it seems to me that it has gone downmarket. It was quite depressing to see two rather scruffy Japanese men taking local girls to their room quite brazenly. I know that it is difficult to police, but at other hotels the girls would have been challenged for identity. The junior suite we booked was acceptable, but more junior than suite. The final experience was spoilt on departure by having to wait for 15 minutes for a taxi to go to the airport. The staff showed a lack of initiative since there were taxis passing and unoccupied on the opposite side of the road. When we asked one of the managerial staff they offered a car at eight times the price of a taxi.
Other trip Feb 13, 2013
KRR
"Great Hotel- Great Location- Reasonable Price"
The Plaza Athenee is a beautiful 5 star hotel. The rooms are spacious and extremely clean. The service at the hotel was excellent. The hotel is located very close to the SkyTrain which makes it very easy to get around Bangkok. (Taxis are cheap in Bangkok but the traffic is a nightmare.) All signs on the SkyTrain are in English and it is very simple to get around. Next to the hotel, there is a building with offices that also contains a Dean & DeLucca cafe which is great for breakfast. Additionally, in that building, there is a pharmacy, bagel place, magazine/book shop and most important, a 7-11 which is useful to get additional water (if needed), as you are always supplied with drinking water bottles in your room daily). Also from this building next to the hotel, take the electric stairs up to the SkyTrain station, to avoid climbing 2 long flights of stairs. Save your energy to hectic Bangkok. We enjoyed our 7 day stay at this hotel. There is a lot to do in Bangkok, besides the Palace area. Do not miss Jim Thompson's house which is close to the hotel - via the SkyTrain - only several stops away. Also, go to the Palace early in the morning to avoid the crowds. The Au Bon Pain cafe across from the Palace is a great place for a quick bite and coffee. Remember to wear long pants to the Palace - as shorts are not permitted. Hope this helps.
8 night family trip Nov 24, 2012
Mike R
"A great place"
Plaza Athenee hotel is very well located, close to a sky train station, not far from the best shopping centers on Bangkok (Siam Paragon, for instance). The rooms are large, comfortable, and clean. The breakfast buffet is great. The gym got new machines, I had an excellent work out there. The staff is friendly and well qualified. I truly enjoyed my stay at the Plaza.
Other trip Dec 21, 2012
"Great hotel, good price"
Previously stayed in Bangkok at lesser hotels, bu this time was bringing along my boss, so decided to upgrade. The Plaza Athenee did not disappoint. Best feature is the Royal Club Lounge - be sure to upgrade for this. Excellent lounge - very attentive staff, large comfortable space, and hardly anyone else taking advantage of this. Almost like it was private. Ate in the Rain Tree Cafe about 3 times, all were good. Ate in the Japanese restaraunt upstairs, that was a little disappointing. Room was nice, not spectacular. Only the bathroom gave away that this hotel is not new, but a remodel. Fixtures are new, but tub, floor, etc, showing some wear. Overall, an excellent place, even at the premium (for Bangkok) price.
4 night business trip Oct 9, 2012
"First rate staff"
Beautiful hotel with breathtaking views of the city. I recommend the junior suite. The breakfast buffet was very good and the waitstaff were excellent. I'm coming back to this hotel on my next trip to Bangkok.
Other trip Aug 19, 2012
"Definitely a hotel to return to!"
Service was timely, courteous and friendly. The breakfast was wonderful. Room was comfortable, although I wish they had upgraded me to a better room.
Other trip Aug 15, 2012

"A great place to stay in Bangkok"
We stayed 4 dyas in Bangkok, very busy city. What a pleasure to walk in nice spacious and clean room. Fresh fruits every day and mini bar full. The hotel has 4 excellent restaurants plus the general resrtaurant on th first floor. Morning breakfast buffet is very generous with a wide variety of food, enough to hold your appetite for the rest of the day. Staff is discrete and helpful and friendly.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Carmy
"Consistent Great Service"
I've been staying at Plaza Athenee from past 3 years and have never thought of changing my choice of hotel once. Hotel is consistently providing great service to me and never ever I felt they are not at par. Great going Plaza Athenee team...
2 night business trip Sep 2, 2014
Rajat
"Good service"
Everything is goood
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2014
philkim
"Great hospitality"
I am thoroughly satisfied with my trip. Service was excellent. Was given a free upgrade as the room type i booked was fully taken. Cant complain too much. Only downside, the tv in my room looked like 6 to 8 years back. With such a modern 5 Star hotel, i would have expected a more current type of TV. Nevertheless TV still worked well and good :) Will highly recommend it to anyone. Oh yes breakfast buffet was awesome. A must !
3 night romance trip Jul 25, 2014
Jinder
SG
"Very nice hotel, comfortable and clean."
No complaint really. Only gripe is it is not within walking distance from the main shopping belt.... which is no fault of the hotel.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
SG
"A hidden Gem Real 5 Star treatment - Fabulous"
Booked for 2 days. Not sure what to expect. The reviews were really true. Fabulous experience. We were checked in at the executive lounge. every day there was a happy hour of drinks and snacks served in the lounge (complimentary) Fantastic spread of breakfast, lovely pool really attentive staff Every single minute details were taken care of we even got a free laundry Shame i did not book to stay for longer Well done to the staff
Response by Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel
Dear san, Thank you for choosing to stay with us in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing your experience on Expedia. It is indeed a true privilege to receive such positive feedback from a valued guest such as yourself, thank you. Our Royal Club certainly does offer some exceptional benefits and facilities and we are delighted that you appreciated so many of them. We are also thrilled that you enjoyed using our tropical lagoon styled swimming pool and that you were pleased with the service our associate’s delivered. We are glad that you appreciated our central location, we are pleased to let you know that in May we have another new luxury shopping mall opening that is called Central Embassy and it is only a few minutes’ walk from the hotel. Thank you once again for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel. Kind regards, ChooLeng Goh General Manager
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
san
"Nice Hotel, specially the location"
It's a great hotel in a very great location, easy to get to anywhere you wanna go, and has a lot of nice spas and food surrounding the hotel, just ask the staff and they are more then happy to help.
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
HK
"Nice hotel, great breakfast buffet, convenient"
Very nice hotel, quiet, relaxing pool, great food ( buffet breakfast, high tea and cocktail hour in the club lounge). Staff is helpful.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
edith
"Good times"
the hotel is very nice, its felicities are great. Over all an amazing experience.
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
HK
"Excellent location with fantastic Pool deck"
Impressed with this hotel, rooms are a little bit dated but very comfortable bed, best views facing towards All Seasons Place and Embassy gardens. Pool deck is on 4th floor and a very generous area including a jogging track around a grassed area. Location 5 min walk to Ploenchit BTS sky train station. Happy to stay again.
4 night family trip Jan 13, 2014
Tanya
"great hotel, good service"
We stayed for four nights. It was a pleasant stay - good room, perfect service, and outstanding breakfast. Location is good - close to the mall area and also has a convenience store within the premises which helps with kids. Overall good experience.
4 night family trip Jan 1, 2014
Chaitali
"Easy access"
Relaxed and comfortable stay. Welcome fruit platter could be vastly improved - fruits were of low quality, small and sour. Ours went straight to the bin. Furniture needs upgrading. New Year chocolate clock was beautiful, service to get a Doctor for house visit was superb, supply of bottled drinking water surpassed that of all other hotels in Bangkok.
9 night business trip Dec 25, 2013
Rosie
"Great Staff"
Satisfactory
3 night trip Dec 29, 2013
Vicky
"Great service"
Im a single girl from Miami traveling alone to Bangkok I was very nervous about being in Bangkok solo. I booked this hotel last minute, because I had to leave the VIE hotel which Is also in Bangkok --which I do not recommend! Overall the hotel was great I felt very safe, staff was super accommodating & helpful, breakfast buffet is impressive. It is in a great location everyday I walked to the pilates studio around the corner & went to dean& deluca for coffee. It is also right next to metro station & okura prestige hotel (which I recommend to go for some cocktails, very 5 star!). The price I paid it was fair. On the down side the hotel is showing its age, it does need a bit of facelift. If you don't mind not being in a very trendy hotel than this is perfect.
2 night trip Dec 20, 2013
"Close to Sky Train"
I couldn't fault the hotel - it was really smart and the staff were excellent (though having people bow to you takes some getting used to!). We are a gay couple (female) and there was no issue whatsoever. The room, furnishings, bed, bathroom, etc were all top quality and very comfortable. There was a kettle, plenty of complimentary water, tea, coffee and fruit, plus a well stocked mini bar. We ordered room service, which was brought to the room on a table, complete with fresh white table cloth, iced water and delicious food. Breakfast was a feast of food from around the world, with impeccable service. Don't bother walking down Wireless Road away from the Sky Train direction though - we went in search of dinner and failed - the area is really run down, despite the presence of various embassies.
2 night trip Oct 14, 2013
Duffers
Good experience
3 night family trip Aug 11, 2013
"Excellent Hotel"
Wonderful hotel, very friendly and polite staff, food very good, large rooms , comfortable, bath room slightly dated but clean.
Response by Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel
Dear Valued Guest, Firstly, thank you for staying with us at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing your kind feedback on Expedia. It is indeed delightful to receive such positive feedback from a valued guest such as yourself. I am thrilled that you found our associates to be friendly and polite and that you enjoyed our culinary offering. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we are currently planning a soft refurbishment of our guestrooms to ensure that our valued guests continue to enjoy the highest quality of facilities. We are all looking forward to having the pleasure of your company back at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel in the near future. Kind regards, ChooLeng Goh General Manager
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
"Comfortable but not in working condition"
The universal adaptors on the wall (below the table) are not working, then tried to call the housekeeping and found out the phone beside my bed is not working as well. Double blows!! Bellman refused to lend me an umbrella and asked me to get it from my room upstair which i have to go up to my room on level 28. Although i understand at that moment Liverpool was preparing to leave the hotel to the stadium and i was waiting for the team as a fan, but this does not mean that i should not be treated as a someone from outside tried to cheat the hotel for an umbrella. FYI, i was holding to my room key on my hand.
Response by Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel
Dear Andy, Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Expedia and for staying with us at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel. Firstly I would like to apologize for any shortcomings you may have experienced whilst you stayed with us. Please note that we do take such feedback very seriously and we will look into each of the concerns you raised to see where we can improve for the future. I do hope that you were able to meet or see some of your favourite Liverpool FC Players during your stay with us. I trust that you will not judge us based solely on this experience and that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel in the future. Kind regards, ChooLeng Goh General Manager
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Andy
"Not bad"
The staff were friendly and helpful. The location was alright as we were there mainly to see the Liverpool players and attend some events at the hotel.
Response by Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for staying with us at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with us on Expedia. We are absolutely delighted that you felt that our associates were friendly and helpful. I trust that you enjoyed your event here in the hotel and that you were able to see or meet some of your favourite Liverpool FC players. Thank you once again for your kind feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back soon to Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel. Kind regards, ChooLeng Goh General Manager
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
MY
"an excellent 5 star hotel, centrally located."
excellent 5 star hotel in a nice area, quite central.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
Parag
"Excellent Business Hotel"
I have stayed in Bangkok many times and this hotel is excellent. Large with multiple dining options, good gym/pool and SPA, it has everything required for business or leisure stay. i also thought the rate was quite reasonable for what is a 5 star hotel. Buffet breakfast is to die for.
2 night business trip Mar 13, 2013
Nick
NZ
A good, clean, family suitable hotel with great courteous staff, great facilities including Spa, Sauna, Gym. Well located close to sky train, good malls, food centers, shopping etc. Very flexible in terms of checking in and allowing extra time to check out. Highly recommended. We will always stay at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel in future.
2 night family trip Feb 23, 2013
"convenient location ."
made to feel very welcome all amenities available good service always with a smile, would definately use the hotel again
5 night trip Feb 12, 2013
A Murphy
"THE BEST IN HOTELS"
WE ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO VISITING THE PLAZA ATHENEE. THE HOTEL IS TRANQUIL, SPACIOUS, VERY DIGNIFIED, AND THE STAFF ARE CONSISTENTLY OFFERING TOP SERVICE WITH EXCEPTIONAL FRIENLINESS AND COMPETENCE. PLAZA ATHENEE REPRESENTS THAILAND AT IT'S BEST. WHOEVER MANAGE AND MAINTAIN SUPPORTIVELY THIS STAFF AND THE HOTEL ITSELF DESERVES HIGHEST PRAISE. THIS HOTEL IS A MECCA FOR STATESMEN AND ACHIEVING PEOPLE WHO DISCRIMINATE SELECTIVELY IN THEIR CHOICES. WE HAVE BEEN COMING TO THE PLAZA ATHENEE SINCE WE DISCOVERED IT IN 2000. THE SIX RESTAURANTS AND BAR ARE REMARKABLE FOR THE BEST FOOD PREPARATION ABD SERVICE ANYONE COULD WANT. EXPECTATIONS AND SATISFACTION ARE VERY HIGH. WE ALWAYS RECOMMEND WITH ENTHUSIASM THE PLAZA ATHENEE TO OUR FRIENDS.
1 night trip Feb 12, 2013
"Best Hotel in Bangkok"
Checking into hotel was quich,efficient and staff a delight. Room was clean, large and comfortable. Breakfast selection was excellent. General food in hotel was exceptional. Hotel was close to skytrain. 10 minutes fron MBK and Central world. Pricing was reasonable for what we got. Have now stayed at hotel three times. Gets better each time we stay. Would not go anywhere else now and we have stayed at numerous hotels in Babgkok. Give it a go well worth the effort.
Other trip Jan 2, 2013
geoff
Excellent location. All you need for your comfort is available in the room. I never needed to call for anything. Staff is courteous and more than ready to help. ComplementAry mineral water bottles were kept in every corner of the room as well as washroom. Sumptuous buffet breakfast was served everyday with varied Indian, Chinese &continental dishes as well as variety of hot food, fruits, juices, yogurts, desserts... Everything lovely !!! Highly recommend stay here... Beware of thai locals though.
Other trip Dec 29, 2012
IN
"Close to the place I intent to visit."
Even though I am a Starwood preferred guset member , no upgrade during check in?
3 night family trip Dec 19, 2012
SG
"close to subway and avoiding BKK traffic"
Good service. We managed to have our meeting in the hotel and entertained our customer at the hotel also. In this hotel you can do it all!
3 night business trip Dec 13, 2012