All hotels in Huntington Beach, California, United States of America
17251 Beach Blvd, Huntington Beach, CA, 92647, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

2.9
"Great location."
Served its purpose for a one night's stay prior to a cruise.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"Just ok"
My Bed is no good on the mattress, it is too old, I cannot sleep the whole night.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Eh..."
The room was ok, about as much as you can expect from a motel. The mini fridge and microwave were a pleasant surprise. Bed was nice and big, a little firm and i'm pretty sure it was broken because i felt like my feet were higher than my head and i was sliding into the crevice. The bathtub had many attempted repair jobs on cracks in the porcelain which resulted in a look that didn't make you feel particularly excited to step into it with naked feet. Like i said, you stay at the _______ Inn and you can't expect too much out of it.
2 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
"Huntington Beach Vacation"
Really enjoyed our stay. This was my 9th year in a row staying here. Always a great value in Huntington Beach.
3 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
"Right place what I want"
Convenient time to check in and out,nice staff friendly
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"great location"
Came to visit family. Location was great. everything I needed was close at hand: Convenience stores, fast food, theaters.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
For the price the room was clean and staff was friendly
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"Cramped Room...Poor Lighting...Bed Bugs...Awful!!!"
Check-in was fine. Room was very cramped and inefficiently laid out. No full-length mirror. Extremely poor lighting, for dressing/applying make-up. And one of the bedside lamps flunked out within minutes of our arrival! The shower itself worked fine, but the floor of the stall was terrible...chipped, pitted, black streaks and marks everywhere...hopefully not unsanitary...but very, very uninviting...and no protective rubber floor mat, to help prevent slips (and hide some of the aforementioned ugliness!) But the biggest surprise of all came at check-out time. We had placed bed bug traps underneath the mattress upon arrival. When we pulled them out, guess what we found? Clear, undeniable evidence of bed bugs! The staff did provide us with several large plastic trash bags, to securely wrap up every item we had brought into the room (no easy task!) I have no idea what the laundering/dry cleaning tab will be, but it won't be cheap. Our advice to fellow tourists: stay away from "HoJo -- Huntington Beach"...unless you're looking for cramped, inefficient lodgings...and bed bugs!
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"David's stay"
I reserved this room for family to stay, they enjoyed the location and comfort and, Breakfast.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
KATHY
"You get what you pay for."
Staff was friendly, room was clean but either the last occupant smoked or the room used to be a smoking room. Beware if you're a light sleeper, one of the residential homes next to the hotel either has a chicken coop or keeps a rooster. I'm an early riser and was there for business so it didn't bother me much. I were vacationing I might be a little annoyed to be woken up every morning by a rooster crowing.
4 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
"Nice hotel."
Nice hotel, easy access and good location. About 4-miles from beach, but easy ride right down the boulevard to get there. Very friendly staff. Clean and basic room. Good, free wifi. Not much on the breakfast, but good enough.
JJ
"There for the half marathon"
I was there for there Huntington beach half marathon, this hotel was near the starting line
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
krackman
"Highly recommended"
I stayed with the family (wife and three kids) just for one night since I ran the Surf City marathon the next day. The hotel staff was great and answers all questions I have about the area. If you are looking for just a room to crash for the night, this hotel is it.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"Not bad"
Hotel was very clean, good location, people very nice . the restroom fan was very loud...the hotel needs a second elevator as the only one is far from where I stayed on 301 .I would recommend to extend the check out time for participants at the marathon, is an every year event and will be appreciated.
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
Lidia
It is a cheep hotel with good level of service. Clean rooms and so on.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
Marty
"Motel not an "INN""
more of a motel than an Inn.The so called pool was the size of a bath tub.
1 night trip Feb 1, 2015
"Don't choose this one!"
Room dirty -worn out sheets needs reno peeling paint in bathroom -Spa filthy
2 night business trip Jan 24, 2015
luke
"One nighter...only"
Just a one night stopover and did not have high expectations considering it was an 'express'. The room was tired but, adequate. Tho I would not stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jan 15, 2015
"Good for overnight stay"
The room was fine. Good for just an overnight trip. Was a bit noisy because the people next door decided to shout at 6am. Room was a bit stuffy and smelled a bit weird but other than that we had no problems.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"Escape to Hungtington"
It s ok but breakfast could be a little better.
1 night romance trip Jan 7, 2015
"Noisy room by main street"
Room smelled like cigarette smoke, neighbors were loud coming and going all night. Couldn't waited to get out of here, left early morning. I've stayed at other Howard Johnson no problem. This one is not the cleanest.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"Weekend trip to visit friends..."
The Hotel was average and nothing special, but a safe and comfortable place for the money. Good neighborhood on Beach Avenue with plenty of food, gas, and stores. Hotel is a straight 4 mile shot to the beach...
2 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
"Moderate type accommodations"
We were planning on a quick overnight stay, so we didn't need luxury. But, you get what you pay for. The room was ok, but the bathroom/bathtub really needed help! High praise for the staff, which was one person. He did everything. He was the last person I saw at 10 p.m. and the first person we saw at 8:30 breakfast.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Felling leaked"
Condition were not good . Blow dryer broken . Electrical plugs n wall were outdated . The plugs would not hold our electronic devices . Not friendly at the front desk.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
anna
Would never go there again. The hotel is really run down.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Awesome rooms and rates."
This hotel was amazing! Rooms were comfy and big enough for a family of 5. Close to the beach and to Disney Land. Will stay again if we ever go back to California.
4 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Marty
"Never again"
Never again in any Howard Johnson! Bedding like in the 80s motel, pillows crumpled inside into hard curds! Shower curtain bar barely hanging, made curtain slide causing spraying water on the floor. Bathtub looked renovated number of times, rough with dark spots all around.Carpets felt and looked dirty, overall - terrible experience.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Lukasz
"Good hotel"
for the price I highly recommend it
6 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
Benjamin
"Nothing fancy"
Stay was ok. Will stay here again because of the price which was reasonable for the location. If your just looking to crash and nothing Fancy, this is it.
2 night trip Dec 24, 2014
"I was pleased."
I stayed here because it was close to a race I ran the next morning. It's close to the water, clean and quiet. Also close to all kinds of restaurants. I would definetly stay there again.
1 night trip Dec 6, 2014
peter
"my stay at Howard Johnsons"
was very nice and clean, had coffee and Danishes in the morning. the only problem was the spa was cold, I do understands that it cost a lot to heat, bummer, was looking forward on using it.
1 night family trip Nov 30, 2014
"Good Location"
In the middle of parks and beaches. The room is clean and confortable.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"AWFUL.. DIRTY.. UNCOMFORTABLE"
There were cigarettes in the sink drain, the beds were very uncomfortable, and it was not worth $80 by any means...
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Nikki
"A comfy bed"
It was quiet once the military men settled in and they did that early enough for a Saturday night. Mold growing on the inside of the bathroom door was a bit gross and made me wonder what I could NOT see. Otherwise, great service and not a bad place.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Worst hotel we ever stayed at. My whole family stayed her because it was close to our wedding venue, but it was a 'flea bag!' The continental breakfast had rotting apples.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
Bridal Bummer
"OK"
Ok for a budget hotel if you just need somewhere to sleep. You have to go outside to get to the office and continental breakfast which was very limited toast, one kind of muffin & danish, cereal and apple & oranges coffee and tea. The room was outdated but pretty clean. Had free WiFi and some cable. Also had a small fridge and microwave. The pool was very small and tucked in a corner. The staff was very nice and helpful.
3 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
"Needs to be cleaner"
The room was a nice size... However, it apparently was not cleaned properly after the prior guests left. The bathroom was dirty and the towels were folded biy when we went to use them they were dirty.
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
Gina
"Convenient location but not luxury"
The rooms are clean but are not in very good shape. The bathroom had a new toilet and tile, but the tub was worn and the drain plug didn't work. There wasn't enough water pressure to take a shower. The wallpaper is peeling. The bed was fairly comfortable and had 4 pillows. The room had a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. There is free wifi but it is so slow that it is unusable. I ended up having to tether my cell phone to my laptop just to use basic websites.
2 night business trip Nov 16, 2014
"Not acceptable"
Had to be moved due to a variety of bugs, including roaches. Next room was just ok. No one available in office in morning for check out. Wouldn't go again.
1 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
Denise
"Old enough to remember TV without remotes"
Overall the room was OK. Shower curtain rod and towel rack above toilet were loose, had to change TV manually as all three remotes brought to me did not work, got tired of calling office for them.
1 night romance trip Nov 10, 2014
"horrible stay"
My stay was awful. The staff was rude and uncooperative with issues. Brian in particular. I was suppose to stay 2 nights and checked out after the first night. The other guests didn't seem to appealing to the eye also. Which isn't very reassuring when I'm there with my 2 daughters. Breakfast was a joke. Expected way more from a hotel in HB. Only good thing was the manager seemed to be very accommodating in issuing a credit.
2 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
The hotel was quiet, my husband and I really like it. We will rent it again.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Hotel location"
Great
6 night family trip Oct 22, 2014
saleh
"family pleasant"
rented a couple rooms for a couple nights. service was good rooms clean and comfortable. nice location - not far from just about anything. hot tub was large and clean but closing at 9pm seems a little early
2 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
"Maintenance issues."
Very friendly check in staff. Facility was away from beach but close enough for quick drive, price was also good for Huntington Beach. Rooms (we had two) were clean: however, they were a bit run down: two for the four beds should not be in use, as support was gone, shower rod in our bathroom was loose from wall, as was towel rack, and there were mold spots in bathroom. You do get HBO, and a light breakfast and are close to most of city's offerings, so place is okay for a quick visit.
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
THOMAS
Hotel parking lot was taped off with limited parking. Full scale repainting project underway...including our window being taped and covered before we left...unbelievable! Will NOT return!!
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
Mitch
Very happy with my stay.
2 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Great location, rooms could be a bit nicer but great price.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Tunde
Great price, clean and comfy. No complaints.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
"Convenient to local events and shopping"
Personnel were friendly yet businesslike and efficient.
4 night family trip Oct 7, 2014