All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2426 Kuhio Avenue, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Less expensive boutique hotel for a good sleep"
Rooms are very small, but clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was excellent with good choices.
1 night romance trip Jan 26, 2016
"VIVA Waikiki"
The staff at the VIVE were all fabulous. On the first night of our stay, the A/C unit was terribly loud. I reported it to the front desk the next morning as we headed out for the day and it was repaired by our return. The room was small as advertised, but well appointed. The valet team was great - very helpful every time we left or returned with our scuba gear. Great boutique hotel in a good part of Waikiki.
6 night family trip Jan 19, 2016
Kirk
"An Enjoyable 4-Day Stay at the Vive Hotel"
Overall, our stay was pleasant. The room was small compared to other hotels I've been in, but was manageable for two guests. The WiFi service was slow. The staff were excellent at addressing our needs. We were welcomed with a complimentary glass of pineapple juice and a warm towel to freshen up. The cleaning service was excellent at making sure each day's stay was spotless. The location was excellent for being close to various attractions. The complimentary breakfasts were enjoyable. There were always fresh containers of coffee and ice water available for guests, day and night.
4 night romance trip Jan 4, 2016
Rowena
"Great time in Waikiki"
We had a wonderful time at Vive. We had to bounce between a few hotels during our stay in Waikiki, and Vive was definitely the best value. The room is clean and has a lot of character. The staff members are very friendly, hava a great attitude, and are very helpful.
5 night romance trip Jan 2, 2016
"Hip affordable hotel close to beach and shops"
Modern hotel two blocks from the main shopping strip in Waikiki, nice vibe when you walk in and helpful staff. Nice amenities in the room and handy to have breakfast included, which you don't often find. Rooms are small, but who spends time in their room, when the beach is so close! I would stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Nov 23, 2015
Laurissa
Very friendly and helpful staff.
1 night romance trip Nov 13, 2015
Eleanor
"BEST WAIKIKI"
Perfect location just 3 very short blocks from the epicenter of Waikiki Beach..great staff..helpful and friendly...they provide a 'courtesy' room..no charge.. for an hour after check-out to shower before your red-eye back home..clean..comfortable..great value.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
ROBERT
"Nice small Hotel"
I was lucky to stay in corner room. WiFi worked very good. But bathroom size was small.
7 night trip Oct 27, 2015
Lovely hotel, great location and staff, would recommend to everyone.
Other trip Nov 4, 2015
"Trip with my mother"
The staff were amazing. They allowed us to check in a bit early, provided beach towels and beach chairs, allowed use of a room to store luggage and a room for showering prior to late flight. Fresh coffee and cold water, lemon water all day long. The room was small but we were not in it long. It is three blocks from beach( very close).
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2015
Marilyn
"Nice hotel, close to the beach."
The room was pretty neat for a week long stay. The continental breakfast was good and the mini fridge in our room was too.
ashley
"5 min to Waikiki"
Great location. Small, but cozy. Friendly staff. Only nagitive - air conditioning is noisy, quite obvious in the night.
Louise
"Best possible accommodation"
It was hot for Hawaii in October. I was met at the front desk with a cool wet cloth and a class of pineapple juice. This hotel knows how to make a guest feel welcome and cared for. I would not chose another place.
Watson
"Functional facilities hotel with great staff"
Highlight was the Staff and their services. Room, equipment, food [24/7 coffee], proximity to beach (etc.), and proximity to outside activities made for a comfortable stay!
Rayl
"Great hotel at a great location"
Great hotel at a great location close to everything from food to restaurants.
encore
Air conditioner did not work.Complained and NOTHING was done about it. Cramped room Please do not stay here,
3 night business trip Oct 15, 2015
Good location with a couple hidden gems nearby
2 night romance trip Oct 13, 2015
Casey
"Great Waikiki Beach location!"
We spent 3 nights before moving onto another island. Great location - 2 to 3 blocks from Waikiki Beach. Nice breakfast - esp. liked the pineapple juice and banana nut muffins/cupcakes. There are no outside grounds or pool so you basically have a hotel room and lobby. We were selling a house so needed to print, sign, and send back paperwork quickly. The front desk was extremely helpful!
3 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
"The best boutique hotel"
The location is excellent. We are not right by the beach but we are only two blocks away from Waikiki beach and it's so close to everything. The room is a little bit small (the bathroom is smaller) but it doesn't really bother us, we spent most of the time on the beach anyway. Valet parking is $25 per day (overnight), so it's extra charge on top of the room rates but it is worth it though. It's not easy to find the parking around Waikiki beach. Breakfast hours can be really packed in the lobby but everything is delicious. They serve hot tea, coffee and iced water all day. We will definitely go back to this hotel again.
4 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
Shuting
"The best. Clear with great decor and stellar staff"
Darling and great value with a perfect location. Would come back again and again. Quiet and everything you need is there.
Other trip Oct 3, 2015
was shocked to learn we had to pay extra for parking our rental car
3 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
Kenneth
Vive Hotel Waikiki is great. Hotel Staff is very friendly and attentive. From the start they showed us how friendly they were with their warm greeting. It's very modern and chic, they have tablets in each room with apps that allow you to request more towels, toiletry items, etc. Continental break fast is good and the property is very clean. Its a great location very close to everything in Waikiki. Only complaint is that the room is very small.
4 night trip Sep 7, 2015
Ruben
"Great hotel, wonderful staff, excellent location"
I walk in and am greeted immediately with a cold towel and a delicious glass of pineapple juice at the check-in counter. I then head up to my immaculately clean, very modern room. Throughout my stay there I discovered a decently diverse continental breakfast offering, 24/7 Kona coffee availability, and free beach gear loans (towels, chairs, boogie boards) anytime I need. The staff were all full of energy and very helpful, it didn't seem to matter what time you walked by the counter, 8AM, Noon, 2AM. While not directly on the beach the hotel is just a 5 minute walk directly up the street from it, and is situated close to a the Hyatt Regency, a major hub for most tourist shuttle pick-ups. It is around the corner from the main shopping street in Waikiki, and there are no shortage of restaurants, grocery, or convenience stores within 5-10 minutes walking distance. Free wifi, ample channel selection on the television, and a courtesy room available for those guests who have to check out a few hours before they actually have to head to the airport (for that last minute post-beach rinse off or nap.) I'd definitely go back if I'm ever lucky enough to visit Hawaii again, and I highly recommend you give it a try as well.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
T
"Nice place to stay"
Great location. Helpful staff.
6 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"Very enjoyable and accommodating staff."
Booked as a package deal with airfare and was very happy! It was my birthday weekend and my gf surprised me with a cake. It would not fit in out in-room fridge, but the hotel was able to store in their private fridge. 24 hr front desk and valet services were great as we left very early on a few days to catch a flight to the Big Island as well as 2 days when we were racing at Kualoa Ranch for the Spartan Ultra Beast.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
Rich
Hotel is nicely located in the heart of waikiki. Staff is friendly and helpful. Room booked (junior suite) is huge and convenient. Breakfast is good with good coffee, some pastries and fruits but defijitely lacks of space to sit
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
SwissTraveller
"Exellent staff, great location"
Almost everything about Vive Hotel was great. It is a relatively small and new hotel. Great location. The atmosphere of the hotel was young and modern. Very positive vibe at the place. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast, and free coffee was always helpful. The middle aged woman working at the kitchen was always smiling and friendly, and made my day. Our room was a bit small but very clean and good view. Wifi was good. The air conditioner was a bit loud, but overall I highly recommend Vive Hotel.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
Nayoung
"Very nice breackfast I recommand it"
Nice Hotel! This was my 10th visit in Honolulu so I've been in many other Hôtels! This one is really perfectly situated, especially if it is your first Waikiki disovering. Don't hesitate! Have a great time & Mahalo!
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
Jo
"Perfect location"
It was my first visit to Oahu, and I chose Vive Waikiki based on reviews on Expedia. For the most part, the hotel exceeded my expectations. Pleasant staff, quick service, and wonderful environment. My only negative, and its a big negative, is the air conditioning unit for each room. For a 'modern' hotel, its rather old and quite loud. I also heard similar complaints from others that the air conditioning units kept them up at night due to the loud noise it emits.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"NICE HOTEL, FRIENDLY STAFF"
I stayed at the Vive Hotel for 6 nights on a recent trip to Honolulu. My stay was pleasant and uneventful. The facility appeared recently refreshed and was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was not particularly large or heavy but had an abundance of fresh flavorful fruit, which was pleasing to me. The tablet / information center on the night stand, which displayed my name, was a nice touch. The window air conditioning unit was a bit loud but kept the room comfortably cool. The location is central and minutes from the Waikiki Beach front. The staff was pleasant, kind and accommodating, even assisting me with the weighing of my luggage on the last day. Thanks very much for that. I would definitely stay here again, on a future visit.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Ed
"Waikiki Getaway"
Second visit to O'ahu, first time staying in Vive Hotel.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
"Simply the best!"
The Vive Hotel is Awesome. I'll never stay anywhere else in Honolulu (if I can help it.) The common room is fantastic. I set up shop there for a few hours a day since I was on a business trip. Great vibe. Great decor. Great staff. Free coffee 24/7. Simply the best if you are looking for something chill yet only minutes from the Waikiki strip. Yeah, I'll mention the great staff again. Ps. I forgot something in the room. They notified me immediately with an email labeled "Urgent" and then dropped it into FedEx for me since I was about to fly. Thanks!
3 night business trip Aug 9, 2015
"Cozy and swanky"
My husband and I went to Waikiki for our anniversary, we had a pleasant stay, I immediately fell in love with the hotel decor, we were greeted with fresh pineapple juice and a cooling towel upon arrival. The room was comfortable and clean, the hotel staff were excellent, and the continental breakfast was very good each morning of our stay. Just being steps away from the beach was awesome, and the hotel allows their guest free use of beach gear, we had a wonderful time and would definitely stay at the Vive if we visit Waikiki in the future.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Merlyn
"accommodations for business trip."
Quite pleased with hotel accommodations. breakfast exceeded expectations for being listed as a continental breakfast. Walking distance to beach and for food accommodations. Not a difficult drive to access H1 freeway from the hotel.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Very small room and bath."
Room. Small I took a cruise after this stay and had more room in my stateroom. Check in front desk ruid check out different staff very pleasant
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
"Great Rates"
Overall a great experience. Friendly staff, and an overall good experience. I would recommend this place to others.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
J
"Excellence in practice here"
From the moment I checked in with ease to the moment I checked out, I found this hotel clean,well=run and Quiet. All the amenities from beach towels to 24 hr FREE coffee availability were easy to aquire. The staff was friendly and professional. Housekeeping was unobtrusive and fine> Kudos to a great hotel!
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
I really enjoyed the service and liked the pineapple for breakfast. You might consider adding a little bar to the lounge area in the future. It is a great place to relax.
9 night business trip Jul 12, 2015
"Nice and comfortable hotel"
Centrally located to most places in Waikiki. Bus stops conveniently near. Rooms clean and comfortable. Also, a room tablet that provided general information about the hotel and the local area was a great plus.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Chic, reasonably-priced alternative"
This is a boutique hotel in an excellent location, not bargain-priced but less expensive than the large beachfront properties. The atmosphere is friendly and informal, with a hip vibe. the lobby is attractive, and a decent continental breakfast is included in the rate. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are very small, and the views are less than spectacular, but they're tasteful and clean and all the necessities are provided. The hotel is 3 short blocks from the beach, with hundreds of shopping and eating choices of all types an easy walk away. There is a bus stop next door, for access to all major tourist spots. (Warning -- the city bus is cheap, but frustratingly slow.) I found this a fun choice of hotel.
Response by Vive Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Susan, From all of us at The Vive Hotel Waikiki, we greatly appreciate your recent travels to our property! We are immensely pleased that you found value in our boutique hotel and the services we provide! Our staff and amazing location definitely adds to the allure of the hotel and we are glad you thought so too. We sincerely hope we have made a loyal guest in you. Warm regards, Samantha
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Cute hotel close to beach"
The lobby area is beautifully decorated, it looks just like the pics online. The pineapple juice & cold/wet scented towels they presented to us when we checked in was nice. The rooms are small, definitely not for more than 2 people. I expected the room to be a bit more colorful & warm based from the pics online but our room was completely white. It definitely felt more like a dorm room than a hotel room. I think they should paint the rooms & hallways so that it matches their lobby. The lobby is nicer than the room. Bathroom is VERY tiny. The second u step in there's nowhere to go. I'm a tiny person & even I thought it was too small, not much room to place the toiletries. Also I wish they added a small dresser. I normally don't like to hang all my clothes on vacation (there is a small closet cabinet in the room) & prefer to place my clothes in drawers. A big pro for this hotel is no resort fees!!! And there is free wifi and towels, mats, or boogie boards for the beach. Staff was polite & the hotel was clean & functional. Great location - very close to the beach & a grocery store if u need anything. The shops/restaurants are a short walk away. I would stay here again.
Response by Vive Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Diane, We sincerely appreciate your review on The Vive Hotel Waikiki! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned that our standard rooms are a bit intimate, we do feature suites that are twice the size of the Cosmopolitan Queen rooms in which we definitely recommend for your future visits. It was a pleasure having you as valued guests and we hope we can be of service to you in the near future once again! Warm regards, Samantha
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
"Great find in Honolulu."
Rooms are plain, but excellent. Very good location, maybe a touch of city noise. Staff is the finest in the industry. A pool would make this property equal to any in Honolulu. Keep up the good work.
Response by Vive Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Mark, From all of us at The Vive Hotel Waikiki, we thank you for your kind feedback on our new boutique property! We sincerely appreciate your thoughts on our rooms, location, and staff! It is great knowing that you found value in our accommodations. Have a wonderful day and we wish you a warm aloha! Warm regards, Samantha
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
"Nice hotel a block from Waikiki"
Free breakfast! Saved us $70 from going to eggs and things. Clean and amazing staff
Response by Vive Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Katelyn, Thank you for your review on The Vive Hotel Waikiki! We could not be more pleased that you enjoyed your time with us! It was a true pleasure welcoming you to Oahu and we hope we have gained your loyalty as future guests! Warm regards, Samantha
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
Katelyn
"Great location, small hotel room"
The Vive is a great place to stay. It is very near Waikiki without being on the main strip. The rooms are pretty small but I guess they don't need to be too big since I spent most of my time at the beach. The hotel lobby was very impressive and looked very clean and sheek. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. You also get free towels, mats, and chairs to take with you to the beach. I would definitely stay here again.
5 night trip Jul 1, 2015
"I love Hawaii"
Great location to beach & shopping. Workers were helpful & always polite. Would stay again
7 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Lason
"Nice hotel, close to the beach."
This hotel was very nice. The staff was the main reason I would definitely stay again. They were extremely helpful when our flight was way later than our checkout time. They offered a "freshen up" room for an hour before our flight and even stored our luggage so we didn't have to carry it around all day. They printed out our vouchers for things we booked online and always said hello whenever we walked in the door. The rooms were nice, but smaller than expected. The bathrooms were nice and the water pressure in the shower was great. The coffee in the lobby is excellent and the breakfast was great. All in all, a very nice hotel and I would stay again.
Response by Vive Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Jennifer, Thank you for taking the time to review The Vive Hotel Waikiki and we appreciate your recent travels to our property! We could not be more pleased to hear that our staff welcomed you with warm aloha throughout your stay with us. We place immense importance on exceptional guest services and we are happy to learn that you received just that. It was a pleasure having you as one of our valued guests and we hope we have the opportunity to meet again. Warm regards, Samantha
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"Nice hotel close to beach"
I like free breakfast ,WI-FI and hotel provident beach towels ,mats ,chairs and boogie boards.
Response by Vive Hotel Waikiki
Aloha moose, Thank you for your recent travels to The Vive Hotel Waikiki! Your comments are greatly appreciated and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! It was a pleasure welcoming you to the beautiful island of Oahu and we hope we have the opportunity to be of service to you again. Have a wonderful day! Warm regards, Samantha
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
moose
"Artsy hotel"
The staff was wonderful. They were available 24/7. The great you with cool towels and pineapple juice. The breakfast in the morning is terrific. One less thing to have to spend money on. There were always beach towels, chairs, umbrellas and boogie boards available. The best part of Wikiki beach is only two blocks away. Everything is close by. The bus even stops in the front. Definitely would stay there again.
Response by Vive Hotel Waikiki
Aloha, Thank you for your comments on The Vive Hotel Waikiki and we greatly appreciate your feedback! We couldn't be more pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found value in our complimentary breakfast, beach equipment, and location. It was a pleasure having you as our guests and we hope to meet again very soon. Warm regards, Samantha
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
"Summer Oahu 2015 vacation"
Vive Hotel is located in a very convenient location in Waikiki - 3 minute walk to the beach, right next to the bus stop (The Bus), and close to a few very good 4.5 yelp ratings restaurants (a few steps away). Yes the hotel in about 3.5 stars because it is not one of those big names hotel, not that big, and it doesn't have a gym, pool, or laundry room. But it is it is clean, newly renovated, has complimentary breakfast, and the staff are so nice! For me, I did not go to Hawaii to swim in pool, or do my laundry, or lift weight - I go to Hawaii to enjoy the environment and work out outside..... A week of not lifting weights will not make weaker or skinnier...
Response by Vive Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Joseph, Thank you for sharing your experience at The Vive Hotel Waikiki! We are pleased that you appreciated our intimate boutique hotel and are even more thrilled that you enjoyed our fantastic services! It was a joy having you as our valued guests and we hope for your safe return home. Have a beautiful day filled with aloha! Warm regards, Samantha
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Joseph S
"Hotel made for vacation"
The staff was so friendly, attentive and quick to cater to any need. The rooms were clean, tidy and the air conditioners worked fast! 3 minute walk to Waikiki beach, convenient stores and amazing shopping. I'd stay at this hotel again!
Other trip Jun 22, 2015