All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2426 Kuhio AvenueHonoluluHI96815United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Awesome hotel"
Awesome hotel! Super close to the beach. Ruffage across the street has awesome ahi poke. Royal Hawaiian coffee is across the street and is great too! The staff was super helpful. Room wasn't ready so they held our stuff until it was and our shuttle came at 3 so they did the same after that. Concierge can help get a great deal on car rentals and things like that. Breakfast was nice fresh fruit, coffee, pineapple juice, etc. overall I would definitely stay again
Romance trip Apr 14, 2016
"A great stay in Honolulu"
Would recommend the Vive hotel. 3 blocks from the beach, tons of restaurants & shopping & activities. All pick up for tours with in 2 blocks. KC @ the concierge desk & Paul @ the front desk were great. Everyone was very nice. Room was a little small, but functional. Continental breakfast was included. For the price you are not going to find better in the area.
6 night romance trip Apr 2, 2016
Rooms were clean, staff was helpful and never rude. Even though there wasn't a pool, you never miss it with the beach being so close to you. No resort fee which is hard to find in the area
9 night romance trip Mar 29, 2016
"Good location, small rooms"
Great location but quite noisy with window open and that was the 18th floor. Air conditioner needs to run at night as room is quite small and gets quite stuffy. It's efficient though. No tea and coffee facilities in room but is always available in lobby.
4 night romance trip Mar 16, 2016
Terri
"Mostly good"
The best thing about this hotel is the staff. They are pleasant, helpful and always seem eager to make your stay in Waikiki a pleasant one. The worst thing about this hotel is the breakfast. It is a continental breakfast with an inferior selection of breads, pastries, if you can call them that, and fruits. It's Hawaii and why there is not a constant morning meal offering of papaya, watermelon and mango, I can not understand. One nice thing is that coffee and tea are available twenty-four hours.
8 night trip Mar 2, 2016
Edward
"A gem of a hotel in the center of Waikiki."
Excellet boutique hotel in a prime location. Fabulous decoration, well kept, very friendly staff, comfortable and clean, valet parking, buffet breakfast, coffee all day in the lobby, a real gem. We will return there for sure!
3 night family trip Feb 21, 2016
Enid
"Nice stay in Waikiki Beach"
Overall very good customer service, location, and value for price paid. Moist towels and fresh pineapple juice was nice touch upon check in.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2016
"Less expensive boutique hotel for a good sleep"
Rooms are very small, but clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was excellent with good choices.
1 night romance trip Jan 26, 2016
"VIVA Waikiki"
The staff at the VIVE were all fabulous. On the first night of our stay, the A/C unit was terribly loud. I reported it to the front desk the next morning as we headed out for the day and it was repaired by our return. The room was small as advertised, but well appointed. The valet team was great - very helpful every time we left or returned with our scuba gear. Great boutique hotel in a good part of Waikiki.
6 night family trip Jan 19, 2016
Kirk
"An Enjoyable 4-Day Stay at the Vive Hotel"
Overall, our stay was pleasant. The room was small compared to other hotels I've been in, but was manageable for two guests. The WiFi service was slow. The staff were excellent at addressing our needs. We were welcomed with a complimentary glass of pineapple juice and a warm towel to freshen up. The cleaning service was excellent at making sure each day's stay was spotless. The location was excellent for being close to various attractions. The complimentary breakfasts were enjoyable. There were always fresh containers of coffee and ice water available for guests, day and night.
4 night romance trip Jan 4, 2016
Rowena
"Great time in Waikiki"
We had a wonderful time at Vive. We had to bounce between a few hotels during our stay in Waikiki, and Vive was definitely the best value. The room is clean and has a lot of character. The staff members are very friendly, hava a great attitude, and are very helpful.
5 night romance trip Jan 2, 2016
I booked Vive Hotel based primarily on high ratings, and that was a mistake. it's a solid 3 star hotel with some nice perks like waffle robes and free beach equipment, but it's still a 3 star hotel, and it shows. PRO: Perfect location, nice service extras. The front desk staff are great. They were very friendly, helpful and patient. The foyer is very nice and spacious with a few too many Pier 1 wooden animals. CON: The rooms are "cozy". English translation - small. They did a good job making them look bigger, but at the expense of furniture and storage space. The "modern" furniture is so ascetic, it gives a college dorm vibe. There are only two clothing drawers under the bed (I didn't even find them on the first day), and a few uncomfortable shelves pretending to be nightstands. The only large storage was inside the wardrobe, but with only 6 hangers(2 of which were taken by bath robes), it wasn't of any use. We stayed 15 nights (which means 30 sets of clothes), so my wife lived two weeks out of a suitcase (she's a quarter Gypsy). I managed with 2 drawers and 4 hangers. The bed was rather uncomfortable - too soft, so if you need good back support, stay away. I had to sleep on my side to prevent back pain. The bathroom was smaller than we have at home, in a very poorly designed 15-story 1953 NYC building. The complimentary breakfast is complimentary for a good reason - nobody would pay money for that food. Skip half-baked pastries and go for papaya/pineapples
Other trip Dec 30, 2015
Vladimir
"Hip affordable hotel close to beach and shops"
Modern hotel two blocks from the main shopping strip in Waikiki, nice vibe when you walk in and helpful staff. Nice amenities in the room and handy to have breakfast included, which you don't often find. Rooms are small, but who spends time in their room, when the beach is so close! I would stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Nov 23, 2015
Laurissa
Very friendly and helpful staff.
1 night romance trip Nov 13, 2015
Eleanor
"Bad customer service experience"
Despite the maid forgetting to clean my room the hotel failed to make an adjustment to my bill saying it was a complimentary service. They compounded the matter by implying I lied about not having the room cleaned. The manager refused to budge even though my bill was over $1100. Room is small, mattress lumpy, a/c loud, walls thin. I won't be back because you would not make an effort to make the customer happy.
Other trip Nov 11, 2015
Disappointed
"BEST WAIKIKI"
Perfect location just 3 very short blocks from the epicenter of Waikiki Beach..great staff..helpful and friendly...they provide a 'courtesy' room..no charge.. for an hour after check-out to shower before your red-eye back home..clean..comfortable..great value.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
ROBERT
"Nice small Hotel"
I was lucky to stay in corner room. WiFi worked very good. But bathroom size was small.
7 night trip Oct 27, 2015
Lovely hotel, great location and staff, would recommend to everyone.
Other trip Nov 4, 2015
"Trip with my mother"
The staff were amazing. They allowed us to check in a bit early, provided beach towels and beach chairs, allowed use of a room to store luggage and a room for showering prior to late flight. Fresh coffee and cold water, lemon water all day long. The room was small but we were not in it long. It is three blocks from beach( very close).
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2015
Marilyn
"Nice hotel, close to the beach."
The room was pretty neat for a week long stay. The continental breakfast was good and the mini fridge in our room was too.
ashley
"5 min to Waikiki"
Great location. Small, but cozy. Friendly staff. Only nagitive - air conditioning is noisy, quite obvious in the night.
Louise
"Best possible accommodation"
It was hot for Hawaii in October. I was met at the front desk with a cool wet cloth and a class of pineapple juice. This hotel knows how to make a guest feel welcome and cared for. I would not chose another place.
Watson
"Functional facilities hotel with great staff"
Highlight was the Staff and their services. Room, equipment, food [24/7 coffee], proximity to beach (etc.), and proximity to outside activities made for a comfortable stay!
Rayl
"Great hotel at a great location"
Great hotel at a great location close to everything from food to restaurants.
encore
Air conditioner did not work.Complained and NOTHING was done about it. Cramped room Please do not stay here,
3 night business trip Oct 15, 2015
Good location with a couple hidden gems nearby
2 night romance trip Oct 13, 2015
Casey
"Great Waikiki Beach location!"
We spent 3 nights before moving onto another island. Great location - 2 to 3 blocks from Waikiki Beach. Nice breakfast - esp. liked the pineapple juice and banana nut muffins/cupcakes. There are no outside grounds or pool so you basically have a hotel room and lobby. We were selling a house so needed to print, sign, and send back paperwork quickly. The front desk was extremely helpful!
3 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
"The best boutique hotel"
The location is excellent. We are not right by the beach but we are only two blocks away from Waikiki beach and it's so close to everything. The room is a little bit small (the bathroom is smaller) but it doesn't really bother us, we spent most of the time on the beach anyway. Valet parking is $25 per day (overnight), so it's extra charge on top of the room rates but it is worth it though. It's not easy to find the parking around Waikiki beach. Breakfast hours can be really packed in the lobby but everything is delicious. They serve hot tea, coffee and iced water all day. We will definitely go back to this hotel again.
4 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
Shuting
"The best. Clear with great decor and stellar staff"
Darling and great value with a perfect location. Would come back again and again. Quiet and everything you need is there.
Other trip Oct 3, 2015
was shocked to learn we had to pay extra for parking our rental car
3 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
Kenneth
Vive Hotel Waikiki is great. Hotel Staff is very friendly and attentive. From the start they showed us how friendly they were with their warm greeting. It's very modern and chic, they have tablets in each room with apps that allow you to request more towels, toiletry items, etc. Continental break fast is good and the property is very clean. Its a great location very close to everything in Waikiki. Only complaint is that the room is very small.
4 night trip Sep 7, 2015
Ruben
"Great hotel, wonderful staff, excellent location"
I walk in and am greeted immediately with a cold towel and a delicious glass of pineapple juice at the check-in counter. I then head up to my immaculately clean, very modern room. Throughout my stay there I discovered a decently diverse continental breakfast offering, 24/7 Kona coffee availability, and free beach gear loans (towels, chairs, boogie boards) anytime I need. The staff were all full of energy and very helpful, it didn't seem to matter what time you walked by the counter, 8AM, Noon, 2AM. While not directly on the beach the hotel is just a 5 minute walk directly up the street from it, and is situated close to a the Hyatt Regency, a major hub for most tourist shuttle pick-ups. It is around the corner from the main shopping street in Waikiki, and there are no shortage of restaurants, grocery, or convenience stores within 5-10 minutes walking distance. Free wifi, ample channel selection on the television, and a courtesy room available for those guests who have to check out a few hours before they actually have to head to the airport (for that last minute post-beach rinse off or nap.) I'd definitely go back if I'm ever lucky enough to visit Hawaii again, and I highly recommend you give it a try as well.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
T
"Nice place to stay"
Great location. Helpful staff.
6 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"Very enjoyable and accommodating staff."
Booked as a package deal with airfare and was very happy! It was my birthday weekend and my gf surprised me with a cake. It would not fit in out in-room fridge, but the hotel was able to store in their private fridge. 24 hr front desk and valet services were great as we left very early on a few days to catch a flight to the Big Island as well as 2 days when we were racing at Kualoa Ranch for the Spartan Ultra Beast.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
Rich
Hotel is nicely located in the heart of waikiki. Staff is friendly and helpful. Room booked (junior suite) is huge and convenient. Breakfast is good with good coffee, some pastries and fruits but defijitely lacks of space to sit
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
SwissTraveller
"Exellent staff, great location"
Almost everything about Vive Hotel was great. It is a relatively small and new hotel. Great location. The atmosphere of the hotel was young and modern. Very positive vibe at the place. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast, and free coffee was always helpful. The middle aged woman working at the kitchen was always smiling and friendly, and made my day. Our room was a bit small but very clean and good view. Wifi was good. The air conditioner was a bit loud, but overall I highly recommend Vive Hotel.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
Nayoung
"Very nice breackfast I recommand it"
Nice Hotel! This was my 10th visit in Honolulu so I've been in many other Hôtels! This one is really perfectly situated, especially if it is your first Waikiki disovering. Don't hesitate! Have a great time & Mahalo!
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
Jo
"Perfect location"
It was my first visit to Oahu, and I chose Vive Waikiki based on reviews on Expedia. For the most part, the hotel exceeded my expectations. Pleasant staff, quick service, and wonderful environment. My only negative, and its a big negative, is the air conditioning unit for each room. For a 'modern' hotel, its rather old and quite loud. I also heard similar complaints from others that the air conditioning units kept them up at night due to the loud noise it emits.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"NICE HOTEL, FRIENDLY STAFF"
I stayed at the Vive Hotel for 6 nights on a recent trip to Honolulu. My stay was pleasant and uneventful. The facility appeared recently refreshed and was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was not particularly large or heavy but had an abundance of fresh flavorful fruit, which was pleasing to me. The tablet / information center on the night stand, which displayed my name, was a nice touch. The window air conditioning unit was a bit loud but kept the room comfortably cool. The location is central and minutes from the Waikiki Beach front. The staff was pleasant, kind and accommodating, even assisting me with the weighing of my luggage on the last day. Thanks very much for that. I would definitely stay here again, on a future visit.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Ed
"Waikiki Getaway"
Second visit to O'ahu, first time staying in Vive Hotel.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
"Simply the best!"
The Vive Hotel is Awesome. I'll never stay anywhere else in Honolulu (if I can help it.) The common room is fantastic. I set up shop there for a few hours a day since I was on a business trip. Great vibe. Great decor. Great staff. Free coffee 24/7. Simply the best if you are looking for something chill yet only minutes from the Waikiki strip. Yeah, I'll mention the great staff again. Ps. I forgot something in the room. They notified me immediately with an email labeled "Urgent" and then dropped it into FedEx for me since I was about to fly. Thanks!
3 night business trip Aug 9, 2015
"Cozy and swanky"
My husband and I went to Waikiki for our anniversary, we had a pleasant stay, I immediately fell in love with the hotel decor, we were greeted with fresh pineapple juice and a cooling towel upon arrival. The room was comfortable and clean, the hotel staff were excellent, and the continental breakfast was very good each morning of our stay. Just being steps away from the beach was awesome, and the hotel allows their guest free use of beach gear, we had a wonderful time and would definitely stay at the Vive if we visit Waikiki in the future.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Merlyn
"accommodations for business trip."
Quite pleased with hotel accommodations. breakfast exceeded expectations for being listed as a continental breakfast. Walking distance to beach and for food accommodations. Not a difficult drive to access H1 freeway from the hotel.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
"Very small room and bath."
Room. Small I took a cruise after this stay and had more room in my stateroom. Check in front desk ruid check out different staff very pleasant
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
"Great Rates"
Overall a great experience. Friendly staff, and an overall good experience. I would recommend this place to others.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
J
"Excellence in practice here"
From the moment I checked in with ease to the moment I checked out, I found this hotel clean,well=run and Quiet. All the amenities from beach towels to 24 hr FREE coffee availability were easy to aquire. The staff was friendly and professional. Housekeeping was unobtrusive and fine> Kudos to a great hotel!
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
I really enjoyed the service and liked the pineapple for breakfast. You might consider adding a little bar to the lounge area in the future. It is a great place to relax.
9 night business trip Jul 12, 2015
"Nice and comfortable hotel"
Centrally located to most places in Waikiki. Bus stops conveniently near. Rooms clean and comfortable. Also, a room tablet that provided general information about the hotel and the local area was a great plus.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Chic, reasonably-priced alternative"
This is a boutique hotel in an excellent location, not bargain-priced but less expensive than the large beachfront properties. The atmosphere is friendly and informal, with a hip vibe. the lobby is attractive, and a decent continental breakfast is included in the rate. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are very small, and the views are less than spectacular, but they're tasteful and clean and all the necessities are provided. The hotel is 3 short blocks from the beach, with hundreds of shopping and eating choices of all types an easy walk away. There is a bus stop next door, for access to all major tourist spots. (Warning -- the city bus is cheap, but frustratingly slow.) I found this a fun choice of hotel.
Response by Vive Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Susan, From all of us at The Vive Hotel Waikiki, we greatly appreciate your recent travels to our property! We are immensely pleased that you found value in our boutique hotel and the services we provide! Our staff and amazing location definitely adds to the allure of the hotel and we are glad you thought so too. We sincerely hope we have made a loyal guest in you. Warm regards, Samantha
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Cute hotel close to beach"
The lobby area is beautifully decorated, it looks just like the pics online. The pineapple juice & cold/wet scented towels they presented to us when we checked in was nice. The rooms are small, definitely not for more than 2 people. I expected the room to be a bit more colorful & warm based from the pics online but our room was completely white. It definitely felt more like a dorm room than a hotel room. I think they should paint the rooms & hallways so that it matches their lobby. The lobby is nicer than the room. Bathroom is VERY tiny. The second u step in there's nowhere to go. I'm a tiny person & even I thought it was too small, not much room to place the toiletries. Also I wish they added a small dresser. I normally don't like to hang all my clothes on vacation (there is a small closet cabinet in the room) & prefer to place my clothes in drawers. A big pro for this hotel is no resort fees!!! And there is free wifi and towels, mats, or boogie boards for the beach. Staff was polite & the hotel was clean & functional. Great location - very close to the beach & a grocery store if u need anything. The shops/restaurants are a short walk away. I would stay here again.
Response by Vive Hotel Waikiki
Aloha Diane, We sincerely appreciate your review on The Vive Hotel Waikiki! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned that our standard rooms are a bit intimate, we do feature suites that are twice the size of the Cosmopolitan Queen rooms in which we definitely recommend for your future visits. It was a pleasure having you as valued guests and we hope we can be of service to you in the near future once again! Warm regards, Samantha
Other trip Jul 11, 2015