All hotels in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
7505 Macleod Trail South, Calgary, AB, T2H 0L8, Canada, ‏‎855-239-9479

"Pleasantly Surprised by Recent Renovation!"
Hotel has been recently remodeled and was in excellent condition - nice, new, and clean overall. Great indoor pool and hot tub, and very close and convenient to everything in Calgary. Plenty of restaurants of various levels within walking distance - especially recommend the Cheesecake Cafe across the road! I had the read the reviews before I booked and was prepared for an older, dated motel. While the outside does show its age, everything inside was up to date and modern. I anticipate having to go to Calgary several additional times in the near future and this place will be my first choice. It was by far the best bargain of all the hotels when I did my research.
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"An exceptional employee"
We enjoy the hotel. The service is generally good with an exceptional service given by "FAUSTA". I cannot rate her highly enough. It is because of her attitude last time that we returned to this hotel.
7 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
ROGER
"Just a good as the big chain places"
quick business trip and wanted something out of the way and quiet. Staff was expectable, arrived late, bed was very comphy
1 night business trip May 4, 2015
"one of the best"
So clean. Best continental breakfast. Was able top spread. Nice.very friendly. Great stay.
3 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
Ruth
"Economic choice"
Nice hotel but not close to CTrain or bus stations.
2 night trip Mar 29, 2015
Very clean, reasonable price and very quiet. Also liked that the top bedding was washable and not a big heavy bedspread that would have to be dry cleaned. Would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
Gerry
"cheap one-night stop-over"
This motel is in a very convenient city location; front desk staff were very nice and professional; I paid a nice low rate so can't complain too much...but I had to wash a lot(a lot!)of grime off the bathroom light switch before I could touch it and that made me uncomfortable about the general cleanliness of the room, although it was tidy. I was also surprised by the amount of noise (very loud talking) from the housekeeping staff outside the door in the morning. But there was a nice pool area and a breakfast was available, and the room included a fridge and microwave which adds to the value from my perspective. I might consider staying there again, but I would be sure to pack sanitizing wipes.
1 night family trip Jan 14, 2015
"Decent"
Staff were courteous and helpfull- rooms could have been a bit cleaner- floor especially
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Wilf
"Nice hotel and surroundings"
I was very pleased with everything. My flight was delayed - got to the hotel almost 2 the next morning. The hotel staff at the desk gave me a warm welcome - I appreciated everything that was done to make my stay a pleasant one. Throughout my stay all the staff members were so helpful (made some friends). I will highly recommend this hotel and hope to visit again soon.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
K
"Staff super friendly and helpful"
Great little hotel. They let me have breakfsst even though i was a couple minutes late. Great location for where we needed to be
1 night family trip Nov 4, 2014
Rhonda
"My New Spot!"
Staff was awsome...My stay was great...Love my room...I will request the same one all the time. This is were i will stay from now on. Oh yeah and the pool area is well taken care of as well.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Shanlee
"Good hotel for the price"
It was a comfortable place to stay. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I would have rated it higher in room cleanliness, but there was a cigarette odor in the room even though it was a non-smoking room. I noticed this a lot in other hotels in Canada. The breakfast was highly lackluster. But overall, the Econo Lodge South is a good value for the price by overinflated Calgary standards.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2014
"Good place to stay"
Internet is very slow , except that everything is good.
3 night trip Mar 11, 2014
Gowtham
"So grungy I was afraid to take off my shoes"
This place is terrible. It's the kind of place with doors that go out to the parking lot and big stains on the chairs, floors and bedding. I was literally afraid to take off my shoes, and when I sat down I did so on a towel. The city was sold out for some reason, so rather than endure this place I opted to ask a fellow traveler to crash in his extra bed in another hotel. Yes, it's that bad.
2 night business trip Oct 21, 2013
"Close to shopping mall & food"
Nice pizza next to the hotel. Good price and good food. Highly recommend. Will come back to stay at this hotel.
3 night trip Oct 19, 2013
Maria
"Wonderfully helpful desk staff"
Very good but there was not an elevator and we had to carry our heavy luggage up the steps. Pool was out of order. Breakfast was good...parking convenient. Staff EXCELLENT...friendly, helpful, intelligent, professional.
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2013
Happy campers
we had a lovely time...the young man at reception was super friendly and helpful the room was clean ..even the stair wells were clean !! the swimming faclity was great !! all in all although a bit older hotel it was done in the new retro look I liked it and continental breakfast was basic but the price of hotel was so good we would never complain.... keep up the good work were coming back!!!
1 night trip Mar 4, 2013
"Good Basic Hotel in South Calgary"
Stayed at the Econo Lodge for two nights during a recent stay in Calgary. The hotel was an older building, but the rooms were clean and actually very quiet considering that the hotel was located right on McLeod Trail. It was very conveniently located for everything we were doing in SW and SE Calgary and getting to downtown was very easy. The only think I was a bit disappointed in was the state of the pool area and the exercise room. The exercise facility was very small with only three pieces of equipment, one of which..the recumbent bike was broken. The jacuzzi hot tub was only luke warm, but this may have been because it wasn't used much and was off for a long period of time. It took quite a while to warm up and never did get really hot. The continental breakfast was just the basic fare, although not much different from what is offered in most other budget hotels. All in all we had a pleasant two day stay in this hotel and considering the lower cost of our room, we would certainly stay here again in the future.
2 night trip Feb 13, 2013
"Older style but nice."
This is an older style hotel. It's not perfect but the staff was excellent and we had absolutely no problems. There is plenty of places to eat within walking distance from the room. There is also a grocery store just up the street. It is a straight shot up the street up to the Calgary Stadium(under 10 minutes if you hit the lights wrong). We will stay here again when we come back to Calgary.
2 night trip Feb 3, 2013
Adam
"Good location for an overnight"
Hotel was ok. Good for an overnight. The location for us was the most important. Pillows did smell of smoke in a smoke free room.
Other trip Feb 9, 2013
older hotel but great location and frendly employs nice stay . fair breakfast
3 night trip Oct 18, 2012
ca

"Great hotel for the price"
Clean hotel, somewhat friendly staff, helpful, great location, great price
2 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
"horrible"
horrible the hotel is old and tired we checked out after one night. I would NOT suggest it to anyone.
2 night business trip Jul 4, 2015
Hotel was very clean. Staff was friendly.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Isaac
The hotel is in need of some updating. But, if the company wants it to stay at a low end hotel it is usable.
2 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
"Great Value"
Econo Lodge South location on Macleod Trail was ideal for my business trip. Staff was very helpful. Close to my business needs as well as some great restaurants. Parking was a bit tight. Angle parking might have been better. Will use the Econo Lodge South for all my business needs in the area.
2 night business trip Jun 5, 2015
George Ian
"Good hotel"
It was nice to stay!!! For sure i will recommend this. Thanks
1 night romance trip Jun 3, 2015
Eleanor
"A Real Gem"
This is the place I stay with my family when I'm in town for medical or shopping trips. Great value, awesome neighbourhood with a varied selection of malls and restaurants. Comfortable rooms, pool and gym plus a Yimmies down the street.
1 night family trip May 28, 2015
Margot
"Nice clean hotel."
Stayed one night. Nice hot tub and pool area, decent breakfast, great location for shopping entertainment and tons of restaurants. Only complaint for me personally was the bed was a tad stiff and pillows a little hard
1 night romance trip May 27, 2015
The employees were very nice and helpful and our room was great! The only problem I had was the washroom smelt like sour feet.
1 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
"Perfect stay for Rockyview Hospital"
Close to Rockyview Hospital. Pool and hot tub (didn't use wading pool) were a pleasant diversion. Reasonable continental breakfast, and hours were longer than most for the breakfast, which helped a lot given early morning hospital visits. Most staff were friendly and courteous.
2 night family trip May 20, 2015
Jess
"Our visit."
Stayed one night to visit our daughter. Nice place to stay. Lots of families were there with small children. Good breakfast.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
Ed
"Good and bad"
Comfortable clean beds and bathroom. Friendly staff but careless mistakes were made. A wake up call was asked for twice but not written down so we didn't get it one morning. The next morning we asked for one at 6:30 a.m. and got one earlier than that as well as the time we asked for it. Also, several important phone calls came in for us but we were disconnected each time. The neighborhood felt unsafe as soon as you stepped outside the motel door but inside the hotel room was fairly quiet and you didn't know it was on a major highway. We had to move rooms also when we first arrived as the heating was not working in the first room. Breakfasts were very good.
1 night family trip May 6, 2015
"Econolodge Calgary Southwest"
Excellent front desk staff, very informative, kind and extremely accommodating. Would recommend for price and staff.
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
Marie
We had a great stay friendly staff excellent location
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"Dirty Hotel"
The bathroom was disgusting. Hair in the tub, looked like the room hadn't been vacuumed/swept.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"poor"
room was too warm. could not open window because people stand outside and smoke, drawing in the smell of tobacco smoke into the room. outlets did not work. no dishes in the cupboards and it was a kitchenette. remote did not work unless you were 6 inches from the tv.
1 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
Barry
"Exactly what we needed"
This was the perfect nights stay in Calgary. Close to everything we needed, clean, quiet and comfortable room. we will definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
Melvin
The breckfast is ok enought to start the day ,very clean lunch room. The person in the lobie when i arrive at the hotel , help me right away with a big smile and i like people like that ,thank you guys for everything
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
luis
"Great Convievent "To-Go" Hotel"
I stayed at this hotel for few nights. Overall, my experience was good at this hotel. The staff are friendly and welcoming. The room was tad dated but clean and comfortable. Tub look slightly dirty and shower pressure is too soft so need to work on that. Bed was tad too firm for my liking but not too bad really. I like the free breakfast - great selection and huge seating area with big windows. I enjoyed the relaxing time in the pool & hot tub. Overall, I wouldn't mind to come back again because it's convenient location, cheap & good features for its price.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
Emily
"Great pool, rooms old"
Hotel is old but probably repainted in the last few years. Pool area is fantastic, very nice sized pool room. Bathroom in hotel room quite small with barely any counter space. Very satisfied with breakfast. Got a great deal so found was well worth it.
2 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
C S A
"affordable stay (for Calgary)"
This hotel would have been great except for 2 things - elevator & AC. The elevator is not as big a deal as a HOT room and no sleep. Lots of renovations... But need AC (the fan in the ceiling isn't AC)
1 night family trip Mar 11, 2015
Todd
Awesome location as relates to amenities. Walking distance to great restaurants and one of the major shopping centres in Calgary The Chinook Centre. Room was okay but very warm, the heat problem was fixed in a couple of days. The hotel is somewhat dated, nevertheless, overall it was a good place to sleep and the price was right
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Practical, succifient"
Staff were helpful and nice. In general, it was adequate. Bathroom not as clean as possible, but otherwise met our needs.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
Phil
"Newly renovated room."
Nice hotel, fast WiFi. Would have been nice if they had turned on the heat in the hotel-room when arriving in the middle of the night in -15. Think it was 5degrees in the rooom... and the man at the reception gave really bad instructions to where my room was so I had to go back 2 times and ask... it consists of several wings and bad signs. Besides that there is nothing to complaint about and the price was a lot better than the other hotels.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
Bjarne
"WISH they were 100% non-smoking"
HI...Many low price places have no smoking and smoking so the smoke travels through the ducts/vents; therefore, it is a smoking establishment advertised as non-smoking. They say that I am in a non-smoking room but smoke enters it so really it isn't a TRUE non-smoking room. They use a strong air freshener to try to mask the situation then it becomes a double allergy reaction producing place lending itself to an unpleasant stay and a no return. They should probably remain a 100% non-smoking hotel and in the long run they would retain more customers. Other than that the room was clean but when the air is not agreeable and causes discomfort a person will seek other alternatives in the future.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
N
The hotel was relatively clean but there is a lot of wear and tear showing - old dirty smudges on walls, and dated environment. The price was right and the location was centrally located, but overall experience could be improved.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"decent for 1 night"
beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. The air conditioning didn't work so it was really hot but for one night business trip it was good
1 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
"Quaint hotel"
First time here.. really liked it. Wish I would have had time to check out the pool and hot tub.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Excellent staff, quiet rooms. Th"
The room was quiet and the staff excellent. The pools were clean and there was a wading pool for younger guests.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015