All hotels in Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Breakfast is average
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
"Calgary stay"
Only bad thing was pool wasvunavailable
Response by Econo Lodge South
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We love hearing from our guests. I am sorry the pool was unavailable during your stay. We try our best to inconvenience our guests as little as possible, however due to safety, work was necessary. We do hope you will consider returning to experience our hotel with all its amenities. Thank you again!
1 night romance trip Jan 11, 2016
LORRI
"Clean, comfortable stay. A great value."
Friendly and helpful staff. Room was very clean and comfortable. Hotel looks nice, fresh, and renovated. Bed was comfortable, with premium sheets. Wifi works great, and I enjoyed the free breakfast. It had a good variety of items, not just toast and cereal, but also bagels, fruit, hard boiled eggs, waffles, pastries, and other things. Overall, this was an excellent bargain, and I would definitely stay again.
Response by Econo Lodge South
Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to review your stay! Our staff tries very hard to provide the best service possible in all aspects of your stay. We hope to see you again and that we can keep up the standards you have come to expect!
1 night trip Jan 9, 2016
Shin
"Pleasantly Surprised by Recent Renovation!"
Hotel has been recently remodeled and was in excellent condition - nice, new, and clean overall. Great indoor pool and hot tub, and very close and convenient to everything in Calgary. Plenty of restaurants of various levels within walking distance - especially recommend the Cheesecake Cafe across the road! I had the read the reviews before I booked and was prepared for an older, dated motel. While the outside does show its age, everything inside was up to date and modern. I anticipate having to go to Calgary several additional times in the near future and this place will be my first choice. It was by far the best bargain of all the hotels when I did my research.
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"An exceptional employee"
We enjoy the hotel. The service is generally good with an exceptional service given by "FAUSTA". I cannot rate her highly enough. It is because of her attitude last time that we returned to this hotel.
7 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
ROGER
"Just a good as the big chain places"
quick business trip and wanted something out of the way and quiet. Staff was expectable, arrived late, bed was very comphy
1 night business trip May 4, 2015
"one of the best"
So clean. Best continental breakfast. Was able top spread. Nice.very friendly. Great stay.
3 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
Ruth
"Economic choice"
Nice hotel but not close to CTrain or bus stations.
2 night trip Mar 29, 2015
Very clean, reasonable price and very quiet. Also liked that the top bedding was washable and not a big heavy bedspread that would have to be dry cleaned. Would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
Gerry
"cheap one-night stop-over"
This motel is in a very convenient city location; front desk staff were very nice and professional; I paid a nice low rate so can't complain too much...but I had to wash a lot(a lot!)of grime off the bathroom light switch before I could touch it and that made me uncomfortable about the general cleanliness of the room, although it was tidy. I was also surprised by the amount of noise (very loud talking) from the housekeeping staff outside the door in the morning. But there was a nice pool area and a breakfast was available, and the room included a fridge and microwave which adds to the value from my perspective. I might consider staying there again, but I would be sure to pack sanitizing wipes.
1 night family trip Jan 14, 2015
"Decent"
Staff were courteous and helpfull- rooms could have been a bit cleaner- floor especially
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Wilf
"Nice hotel and surroundings"
I was very pleased with everything. My flight was delayed - got to the hotel almost 2 the next morning. The hotel staff at the desk gave me a warm welcome - I appreciated everything that was done to make my stay a pleasant one. Throughout my stay all the staff members were so helpful (made some friends). I will highly recommend this hotel and hope to visit again soon.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
K
"Staff super friendly and helpful"
Great little hotel. They let me have breakfsst even though i was a couple minutes late. Great location for where we needed to be
1 night family trip Nov 4, 2014
Rhonda
"My New Spot!"
Staff was awsome...My stay was great...Love my room...I will request the same one all the time. This is were i will stay from now on. Oh yeah and the pool area is well taken care of as well.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Shanlee
"Good hotel for the price"
It was a comfortable place to stay. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I would have rated it higher in room cleanliness, but there was a cigarette odor in the room even though it was a non-smoking room. I noticed this a lot in other hotels in Canada. The breakfast was highly lackluster. But overall, the Econo Lodge South is a good value for the price by overinflated Calgary standards.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2014
"Good place to stay"
Internet is very slow , except that everything is good.
3 night trip Mar 11, 2014
Gowtham
"So grungy I was afraid to take off my shoes"
This place is terrible. It's the kind of place with doors that go out to the parking lot and big stains on the chairs, floors and bedding. I was literally afraid to take off my shoes, and when I sat down I did so on a towel. The city was sold out for some reason, so rather than endure this place I opted to ask a fellow traveler to crash in his extra bed in another hotel. Yes, it's that bad.
2 night business trip Oct 21, 2013
"Close to shopping mall & food"
Nice pizza next to the hotel. Good price and good food. Highly recommend. Will come back to stay at this hotel.
3 night trip Oct 19, 2013
Maria
"Wonderfully helpful desk staff"
Very good but there was not an elevator and we had to carry our heavy luggage up the steps. Pool was out of order. Breakfast was good...parking convenient. Staff EXCELLENT...friendly, helpful, intelligent, professional.
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2013
Happy campers
we had a lovely time...the young man at reception was super friendly and helpful the room was clean ..even the stair wells were clean !! the swimming faclity was great !! all in all although a bit older hotel it was done in the new retro look I liked it and continental breakfast was basic but the price of hotel was so good we would never complain.... keep up the good work were coming back!!!
1 night trip Mar 4, 2013
"Good Basic Hotel in South Calgary"
Stayed at the Econo Lodge for two nights during a recent stay in Calgary. The hotel was an older building, but the rooms were clean and actually very quiet considering that the hotel was located right on McLeod Trail. It was very conveniently located for everything we were doing in SW and SE Calgary and getting to downtown was very easy. The only think I was a bit disappointed in was the state of the pool area and the exercise room. The exercise facility was very small with only three pieces of equipment, one of which..the recumbent bike was broken. The jacuzzi hot tub was only luke warm, but this may have been because it wasn't used much and was off for a long period of time. It took quite a while to warm up and never did get really hot. The continental breakfast was just the basic fare, although not much different from what is offered in most other budget hotels. All in all we had a pleasant two day stay in this hotel and considering the lower cost of our room, we would certainly stay here again in the future.
2 night trip Feb 13, 2013
"Older style but nice."
This is an older style hotel. It's not perfect but the staff was excellent and we had absolutely no problems. There is plenty of places to eat within walking distance from the room. There is also a grocery store just up the street. It is a straight shot up the street up to the Calgary Stadium(under 10 minutes if you hit the lights wrong). We will stay here again when we come back to Calgary.
2 night trip Feb 3, 2013
Adam
"Good location for an overnight"
Hotel was ok. Good for an overnight. The location for us was the most important. Pillows did smell of smoke in a smoke free room.
Other trip Feb 9, 2013

Nice hotel, friendly staff with enjoyable pool area
Response by Econo Lodge South
Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to review your stay! We sincerely hope we did everything to make it as pleasant as possible, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2016
Howard
There was construction happening and the pool was out of service - I had a little guy with me so I wish I would have been told about this because i was disappointed that he couldn't swim.
Response by Econo Lodge South
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry to hear you were affected by our pool closure. We try our very best to make sure our amenities, specifically the pool, are available to our guests. Unfortunately, due to needed repairs, this was a result. We hope you will consider staying with us again so that you can experience all our hotel has to offer. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us!
1 night trip with friends Jan 13, 2016
Jariya
"Mostly fine."
The room was more or less fine. It sort of smelled funny when we first walked in, like a weird cleaning solvent or something. The air conditioning was quite wimpy. We left it on all night and I was still hot in the morning. It also seemed like breakfast shut down really early for a weekend
Response by Econo Lodge South
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We always appreciate feedback as it allows us to better our service for future stays! I am sorry to hear about your problems with the air conditioning. Unfortunately, we do shut off the cold air as it is unnecessary during the winter season. We always have fans at the desk if you feel the room is warmer than you would like. Thank you again for your comments, and I hope we can be your choice for accommodations again.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2016
Tyler
Excellent accommodation for a reasonable price!
Response by Econo Lodge South
Thank you so much for your kind words. We always love hearing about what our guests have to say. We hope to see you again!
1 night family trip Jan 4, 2016
Barb
It was good but had issues with nats coming out of drain and flying around and was nasty because they were still there when we left.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2015
TV was broken. The girl at the Front Desk tried to fix it, but to no avail. Room was quiet and comfortable
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2015
Very nice, great check in lady. Very helpful finding locations I needed and giving info. The only problem was there was no access to movies...
1 night business trip Dec 15, 2015
Ken
Disappointed in pool and fitness disappointed with my room being located right beside hotel renovations Smelling like sanding and glue, room was alright besides heat being stuck on, free breakfast sucked
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
kendrick
"Unfriendly Lodge"
Check-in was not friendly, check-out was not smooth, asked for extended stay and was denied, customer service not a priority, staff looked unhappy
1 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2015
"Stay Away unless your desperate."
Where do I start??? Behind the Hotel there is a railway car storage that gets active after 9 Pm and doesn't stop till around 12 Am, cars crashing into each other for hook ups and then goes. the heating duck was falling apart and the cover was half on.a chunk of the bathroom door was ripped off, the curtains weren't level and hard to close and bathroom cocking job looks like a 12 year old kid did it. the carpets weren't very clean so i left some pebbles around to see how they vacuumed and they didn't go out of their was to do the whole carpet just what was easy for them. the phone was dirty and labeled the wrong room number. Breakfast included??? What a joke, cereal in a Styrofoam bowl with plastic spoon or a English muffin complimented with an apple or orange.
1 night business trip Nov 23, 2015
"Old and unsafe"
The room is old and run down. Stained carpets. The windows do not have locks and can be easily slide open from outside. Does not make you feel safe. Breakfast was very basic. No yogurt. Only syrup for waffles nothing else. It does have toast or begals and basic apple or oranges. Juice and coffee. We went because we needed to be at the hospital at 7am and live out of town. Wouldn't recommend it or stay again.
1 night romance trip Nov 25, 2015
Marlene
"visit for health needs"
this was a health related trip room was ok the chair was not as good for comfortable as we needed
1 night family trip Nov 17, 2015
Dennis
we enjoyed our stay. very friendly people at the front desk.
1 night family trip Nov 12, 2015
Not Provided
"Clean Room"
Room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Had a good night's sleep.
Other trip Nov 1, 2015
The,staff was wonderful!
2 night trip Oct 18, 2015
Nice clean place, comfortable beds. Had a great sleep which is all I was looking for. Pool and hot tub looked clean and nice, would have liked to have spent some time in there, if we had the time.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
Luke
Great stat
2 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
Chad
"Dirty hotel that stunk of smoke in smoke-free room"
I would not recommend staying at this hotel if you're sensitive to cigarette smoke. Our room was selected specifically in a non smoking room. However upon arrival we noticed it stunk very badly of smoke. When we went up to the front the two hotel staff were too busy talking about inappropriate stories and swearing to be bothered with what we needed. Nothing was done and so we basically paid to stay out of the room for as long as possible. Very dissapointed with this hotel.
Other trip Oct 18, 2015
"The price was right"
Couldn't sleep due to noise both outside the hotel and the noise on the floor. Wasn't asked at checkout about my stay. Check-in was easy and the pool and the breakfast were nice.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
Extremely friendly staff. Very close to downtown with easy access to everywhere. We would stay again in a heart beat.
4 night family trip Sep 22, 2015
Sandy
The hotel was nice, clean and quiet. The staff was very friendly
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
Great rooms for the price. Lots of great restaurants in walking distance.
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
"Great pool & Breakfast..."
Enjoyed the pool, the breakfast but came away with my day already spoiled, the "neighbours" finally took a break about 3 am but perked right back up at 6. If not for NO SLEEP to speak of, it would've been fine. The bathroom could've used some "attention", I left it cleaner than it was when we got there. We were there on serious family business and I was exhausted when we arrived, I just wanted and needed a good nights sleep. I sure didn't get it.
1 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
"Near some tourist attractions & lots restaurants"
Reasonably priced, especially for a room with two queen beds (lots of other hotels only had two doubles). Breakfast was included - standard continental bfast fare (cereals, bread/bagels/English muffins, hard-boiled eggs, waffle makers, fruit, mini bran muffins and mini cinnamon buns, coffee/tea/juice). We bought yogurt to add a little extra protein/dairy (the room had a fridge). Even when the hotel was at full capacity there was lots to eat. Anything that had run out was promptly replaced by the staff. A/C in the room was adequate, but we brought an electric fan from home because my husband is a furnace. Beds were comfortable. Pillows were a little flat/lumpy. Carpet in our room was grubby, but hotel is in midst of renovations. Bathroom was a little small, but functional for its purpose. Pool, wading pool for tots, and hot tub were all nice and open later (until 11, if memory serves).
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
I would stay here again. Great location. Clean rooms.
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
"They think they are doing a favour to us by being"
The people (staff) of this hotel think they are doing the customers a favour by being there. They think they come first and then the customer. There deposit process is terrible, the first deposit asked for is $50.00 then goes to $200.00 immediately. They don't care about the potential customer they care only about the damage deposit!!!! As a senior citizen I find this over charge for a damage deposit to be insulting. The so called breakfast overcharged for is poorly laid out and the general layout of the conveniences in the hotel are poor. The Pool and Spa area are dirty and very poorly maintained, and the rules in the pool area are not covered by staff making my visit to the pool area less than 15 min's. The staff in this hotel should be taught about customer care and service. The staff member in the breakfast area was too bored and unhappy with her job to make our stay any better.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Don
"Good location on Macleod Trail."
Quick check in and check out. Inside room facing back of building and no noisy neighbours so quiet. Comfortable beds and pillows. Decent pool area and hot tub. Breakfast had waffles, boiled eggs, bagels, English muffins, toast, cereal, muffins, fruit, juice, milk, tea and coffee.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
"Good deal"
Staff were helpful and friendly. Beds were a little hard. Overall our stay was good and the price was right. Would consider staying again.
5 night family trip Aug 9, 2015