All hotels in Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Great wellness & sports facilities
    Good internet service
    Breakfast is average
"Calgary stay"
Only bad thing was pool wasvunavailable
Response by Econo Lodge South
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We love hearing from our guests. I am sorry the pool was unavailable during your stay. We try our best to inconvenience our guests as little as possible, however due to safety, work was necessary. We do hope you will consider returning to experience our hotel with all its amenities. Thank you again!
1 night romance trip Jan 11, 2016
LORRI
"Clean, comfortable stay. A great value."
Friendly and helpful staff. Room was very clean and comfortable. Hotel looks nice, fresh, and renovated. Bed was comfortable, with premium sheets. Wifi works great, and I enjoyed the free breakfast. It had a good variety of items, not just toast and cereal, but also bagels, fruit, hard boiled eggs, waffles, pastries, and other things. Overall, this was an excellent bargain, and I would definitely stay again.
Response by Econo Lodge South
Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to review your stay! Our staff tries very hard to provide the best service possible in all aspects of your stay. We hope to see you again and that we can keep up the standards you have come to expect!
1 night trip Jan 9, 2016
Shin
"Pleasantly Surprised by Recent Renovation!"
Hotel has been recently remodeled and was in excellent condition - nice, new, and clean overall. Great indoor pool and hot tub, and very close and convenient to everything in Calgary. Plenty of restaurants of various levels within walking distance - especially recommend the Cheesecake Cafe across the road! I had the read the reviews before I booked and was prepared for an older, dated motel. While the outside does show its age, everything inside was up to date and modern. I anticipate having to go to Calgary several additional times in the near future and this place will be my first choice. It was by far the best bargain of all the hotels when I did my research.
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"An exceptional employee"
We enjoy the hotel. The service is generally good with an exceptional service given by "FAUSTA". I cannot rate her highly enough. It is because of her attitude last time that we returned to this hotel.
7 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
ROGER
"Just a good as the big chain places"
quick business trip and wanted something out of the way and quiet. Staff was expectable, arrived late, bed was very comphy
1 night business trip May 4, 2015
"one of the best"
So clean. Best continental breakfast. Was able top spread. Nice.very friendly. Great stay.
3 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
Ruth
"Economic choice"
Nice hotel but not close to CTrain or bus stations.
2 night trip Mar 29, 2015
Very clean, reasonable price and very quiet. Also liked that the top bedding was washable and not a big heavy bedspread that would have to be dry cleaned. Would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again.
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
Gerry
"cheap one-night stop-over"
This motel is in a very convenient city location; front desk staff were very nice and professional; I paid a nice low rate so can't complain too much...but I had to wash a lot(a lot!)of grime off the bathroom light switch before I could touch it and that made me uncomfortable about the general cleanliness of the room, although it was tidy. I was also surprised by the amount of noise (very loud talking) from the housekeeping staff outside the door in the morning. But there was a nice pool area and a breakfast was available, and the room included a fridge and microwave which adds to the value from my perspective. I might consider staying there again, but I would be sure to pack sanitizing wipes.
1 night family trip Jan 14, 2015
"Decent"
Staff were courteous and helpfull- rooms could have been a bit cleaner- floor especially
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Wilf
"Nice hotel and surroundings"
I was very pleased with everything. My flight was delayed - got to the hotel almost 2 the next morning. The hotel staff at the desk gave me a warm welcome - I appreciated everything that was done to make my stay a pleasant one. Throughout my stay all the staff members were so helpful (made some friends). I will highly recommend this hotel and hope to visit again soon.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
K
"Staff super friendly and helpful"
Great little hotel. They let me have breakfsst even though i was a couple minutes late. Great location for where we needed to be
1 night family trip Nov 4, 2014
Rhonda
"My New Spot!"
Staff was awsome...My stay was great...Love my room...I will request the same one all the time. This is were i will stay from now on. Oh yeah and the pool area is well taken care of as well.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Shanlee
"Good hotel for the price"
It was a comfortable place to stay. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I would have rated it higher in room cleanliness, but there was a cigarette odor in the room even though it was a non-smoking room. I noticed this a lot in other hotels in Canada. The breakfast was highly lackluster. But overall, the Econo Lodge South is a good value for the price by overinflated Calgary standards.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2014
"Good place to stay"
Internet is very slow , except that everything is good.
3 night trip Mar 11, 2014
Gowtham
"So grungy I was afraid to take off my shoes"
This place is terrible. It's the kind of place with doors that go out to the parking lot and big stains on the chairs, floors and bedding. I was literally afraid to take off my shoes, and when I sat down I did so on a towel. The city was sold out for some reason, so rather than endure this place I opted to ask a fellow traveler to crash in his extra bed in another hotel. Yes, it's that bad.
2 night business trip Oct 21, 2013
"Close to shopping mall & food"
Nice pizza next to the hotel. Good price and good food. Highly recommend. Will come back to stay at this hotel.
3 night trip Oct 19, 2013
Maria
"Wonderfully helpful desk staff"
Very good but there was not an elevator and we had to carry our heavy luggage up the steps. Pool was out of order. Breakfast was good...parking convenient. Staff EXCELLENT...friendly, helpful, intelligent, professional.
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2013
Happy campers

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"To noisy"
I was there for one night and the bed was very uncomfortable and very noisy
Business trip Apr 19, 2016
Marco
"Very satisfied."
Stayed for two nights, after reading some reviews, doubted but it central to where we had to be. The room was great, very comfortable, clean, staff was very pleasant and helpful. Would recommend staying. The sound proofing isn't great, but it was quiet after 10:00.
2 night romance trip Apr 11, 2016
Shelly
"Will return again."
Was in town for a weekend conference. Hotel staff were pleasant. Continental breakfast was okay. Room was good size and in okay condition. Bathroom was a tight squeeze. Hotel is dated so don't expect anything else for the price you pay. I enjoyed staying here and would stay again.
2 night business trip Apr 8, 2016
"You get what you pay for!"
Rooms are dated and had a weird odor every time we walked in. Shower head would not provide a constant spray because the setting was stuck on massage mode. Hard to rinse long hair :-( Location and accessibility are great. Wading pool and hot tub out of order. Housekeeping staff extremely friendly and helpful when I misplaced my car keys. You get what you pay for!
1 night family trip Apr 9, 2016
"Poor, poor, poor"
Very unappealing, room was very hard to get to with a child, we were put at the end of the hall right next to an emergency exit. I will not be using this location in future visits
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2016
"Good customer service!"
Really nice front desk staff but the room should have been cleaner. The matress protector was stained really bad and had other weird things on it but the sheets were clean. Didnt have a very good continental breakfast either. Decent stay for the cheap price though.
2 night trip with friends Apr 1, 2016
"In and Out only."
Dated room, questionable carpet cleanliness, non-working coffee machine, tiny bathroom with inferior shower head. Beds were clean but that is about where it ends but for the low cost and just for a quick overnight stay, it has some value.
1 night family trip Mar 30, 2016
Garry
"NIce and clean and friendly"
Nice friendly staff , hotel on major Road , close to LRT station , I had rented a car so great for me , indoor pool and Jacuzzi nice and clean , busy on weekend , but will stay there again , continental breakfast enough to get a start for the day
5 night trip Mar 9, 2016
Gareth
"Great stay. Will stay again!"
We stayed in the main building and the rooms were quite nice and spacious. Loved the pool and hot tub as well as the free breakfasts! Will definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2016
Crystal
"Awsome night, selpt so well"
We came as a couple, my wife and I both agree the beds are really good for sleeping. Awsome distance to chinook and a gas station is beside. Easy to drive in and out, :)
2 night romance trip Feb 23, 2016
yuzhe
"most satisfied"
really enjoyed the hot waffle breakfast, pillow top mattress and especially the pool area with gym and hot tub attached. Also pretty quiet place surprisingly for the price.
Response by Econo Lodge South
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate your kind words greatly and hope to continue to provide you and all our guests with the highest quality of service you have come to expect!
2 night trip Feb 10, 2016
Nice hotel, friendly staff with enjoyable pool area
Response by Econo Lodge South
Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to review your stay! We sincerely hope we did everything to make it as pleasant as possible, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2016
Howard
There was construction happening and the pool was out of service - I had a little guy with me so I wish I would have been told about this because i was disappointed that he couldn't swim.
Response by Econo Lodge South
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry to hear you were affected by our pool closure. We try our very best to make sure our amenities, specifically the pool, are available to our guests. Unfortunately, due to needed repairs, this was a result. We hope you will consider staying with us again so that you can experience all our hotel has to offer. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us!
1 night trip with friends Jan 13, 2016
Jariya
"Mostly fine."
The room was more or less fine. It sort of smelled funny when we first walked in, like a weird cleaning solvent or something. The air conditioning was quite wimpy. We left it on all night and I was still hot in the morning. It also seemed like breakfast shut down really early for a weekend
Response by Econo Lodge South
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We always appreciate feedback as it allows us to better our service for future stays! I am sorry to hear about your problems with the air conditioning. Unfortunately, we do shut off the cold air as it is unnecessary during the winter season. We always have fans at the desk if you feel the room is warmer than you would like. Thank you again for your comments, and I hope we can be your choice for accommodations again.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2016
Tyler
Excellent accommodation for a reasonable price!
Response by Econo Lodge South
Thank you so much for your kind words. We always love hearing about what our guests have to say. We hope to see you again!
1 night family trip Jan 4, 2016
Barb
"Hotel"
Friendly staff,good location to go shopping etc.The Hotel was clean but you may want earplugs because you can hear the people in the next room a little bit.
Response by Econo Lodge South
Hello, Thank you for your kind comments about our staff and property! We like hearing that our guests are treated well! I am sorry to hear about your noise troubles. We attempt to keep all noise levels to a minimum as best as we can. If you would like to speak to us further about your concerns, we would be happy to listen and help. We would love to have you again!
Other trip Jan 6, 2016
It was good but had issues with nats coming out of drain and flying around and was nasty because they were still there when we left.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2015
TV was broken. The girl at the Front Desk tried to fix it, but to no avail. Room was quiet and comfortable
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2015
Very nice, great check in lady. Very helpful finding locations I needed and giving info. The only problem was there was no access to movies...
1 night business trip Dec 15, 2015
Ken
Disappointed in pool and fitness disappointed with my room being located right beside hotel renovations Smelling like sanding and glue, room was alright besides heat being stuck on, free breakfast sucked
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
kendrick
"Hotel was adequate booking/check in was unpleasant"
When booking this hotel on Expedia, the payment options I was given was Credit/Debit card. I entered my Visa Debit card info. All week long I received emails from Expedia reminding of my upcoming trip. When I arrived at the hotel I was informed by the check-in clerk that my room had not been booked because they don't accept debit cards for booking. He knew my name so they clearly had my info yet neither Expedia nor the hotel contacted me about the booking info. The gentlemen smugly informed me that they do indeed have rooms available for me but I would not be receiving the nonrefundable rate I had thought I had booked. Meaning the room cost $15 more than what I had originally agreed to pay on Expedia. I asked why I was not contacted and all he would say is that it's not the hotels fault it's Expedia's. He also informed me I can pay with debit, just can't book. Since the hotel is able to provide the info that they take a $200 deposit to book a room, they should probably also clarify their booking practices. If it hadn't been late I would have stayed at any other hotel. The hotel itself was satisfactory. Clean room. Adequate continental breakfast.
Other trip Dec 7, 2015
"Unfriendly Lodge"
Check-in was not friendly, check-out was not smooth, asked for extended stay and was denied, customer service not a priority, staff looked unhappy
1 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2015
The room had lots of space but it had a moldy odor, the curtains would not close properly and the mattress was lumpy. It was definitely an economy room, with pressed board inner doors, spotty carpet with bare spots and botched cleaning attempts, and burlap-looking curtains, but not an economy price. The staff was the best part of the visit; very friendly and accommodating.
Other trip Nov 30, 2015
"Good location, Bad experience"
We for only two nights... At first we thought it was great, the staff was friendly and the room was decent, outdated but decent. The morning after our first night I had red rash like marks on our arms and legs. I thought it was from the type of detergent used on the bedding because I have fairly sensitive skin. The next morning I awoke and found a small black/brown bug crawling in the bed. Disgusted we immediately packed and left. After our stay, I went through their hotel reviews again and saw that another individual found bed bugs in their bed and the concierge confirmed it. I will never stay at this location again.
Other trip Nov 30, 2015
Chessa
"Stay Away unless your desperate."
Where do I start??? Behind the Hotel there is a railway car storage that gets active after 9 Pm and doesn't stop till around 12 Am, cars crashing into each other for hook ups and then goes. the heating duck was falling apart and the cover was half on.a chunk of the bathroom door was ripped off, the curtains weren't level and hard to close and bathroom cocking job looks like a 12 year old kid did it. the carpets weren't very clean so i left some pebbles around to see how they vacuumed and they didn't go out of their was to do the whole carpet just what was easy for them. the phone was dirty and labeled the wrong room number. Breakfast included??? What a joke, cereal in a Styrofoam bowl with plastic spoon or a English muffin complimented with an apple or orange.
1 night business trip Nov 23, 2015
"Old and unsafe"
The room is old and run down. Stained carpets. The windows do not have locks and can be easily slide open from outside. Does not make you feel safe. Breakfast was very basic. No yogurt. Only syrup for waffles nothing else. It does have toast or begals and basic apple or oranges. Juice and coffee. We went because we needed to be at the hospital at 7am and live out of town. Wouldn't recommend it or stay again.
1 night romance trip Nov 25, 2015
Marlene
"visit for health needs"
this was a health related trip room was ok the chair was not as good for comfortable as we needed
1 night family trip Nov 17, 2015
Dennis
we enjoyed our stay. very friendly people at the front desk.
1 night family trip Nov 12, 2015
Not Provided
"Clean Room"
Room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Had a good night's sleep.
Other trip Nov 1, 2015
The,staff was wonderful!
2 night trip Oct 18, 2015
Nice clean place, comfortable beds. Had a great sleep which is all I was looking for. Pool and hot tub looked clean and nice, would have liked to have spent some time in there, if we had the time.
Other trip Oct 19, 2015