All hotels in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here7505 Macleod Trail South, Calgary, AB, T2H 0L8, Canada, ‏‎855-239-9479

"Okay for a quick stay"
The hotel was alright for a quick stay. The bed was comfortable enough, however, the overall cleanliness of the room left something to be desired. There was hair in the sink and bathtub, black smears on the walls in the bathroom and the shower head was permanently stuck on hard stream.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Econo Lodge South - Good Hotel"
Hotel is ideally located, priced fairly and is generally very comfortable. Lots of hot water for showers in evening or morning. Carpet replacement would be a good upgrade for this hotel.
2 night business trip Nov 10, 2014
Al
"Economic"
Stay is fine. Free breakfast provided. Make your own waffle. Room is clean. But I heard the motor alway start and stop every two or three minutes that was annoying me a little.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
G
"Comfortable bed and bedding"
Experience was pleasant, hotel staff were very polite & informative, however, the carpets smelled of body order & suggest a GOOD steam cleaning of same.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"OK stay"
cheap enough for Calgary, no frills basic accomadations
2 night business trip Jul 23, 2014
Karl
"Exactly as advertised"
Hotel was exactly as advertised, very good for a business trip.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Ryan
"Comfortable"
Just stayed one night and didn't spend much time in the hotel. The front desk was super nice, the room was nice and clean and most importantly the beds where comfortable. Didn't stay for breakfast do can't comment. I have never been to an econolodge before I normally stay in higher end hotels but this time I was with friends on a budget. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised as it was better than I expected.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Cherry
"Close to Chinook Mall, great Sea Food restaurant"
Close to almost everything I needed. The CTrain was a short walk and I took a taxi to the CTRAIN and it was only $7.50 with tip. Breakfast could have been better, however I wasn't spending a lot per night I was happy.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
"Perfect location for all we needed"
We found the hotel clean, the staff friendly and helpful. The room was fine too, with all that we needed. The best part for us was it was close to shopping, heritage park, restaurants and everything else we needed.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Jack
"Dated but Convenient Hotel close to good restauran"
Though the staff were very friendly and we liked the location, we will not be staying at this Hotel again. The bathroom is very tiny. The shower was good. But no vanity or anything in the bathroom. It was by the beds where we slept. The sink was above the vanity and the soap kept slipping off behind the raised sink. I did not like keeping my toiletries out in the open where we may be having guests. I like privacy for that. The bed was very comfortable. The room was small for it - not much walking room. The walls, windows and rugs were very dated but basically clean. We had to walk through the smoking section to get to breakfast; that was bad and we were holding our breath...sorry, but not again. The Breakfast room was nice.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Adele
"One of the worst places to stay"
The smell of smoke everywhere, dusty, poor breakfast effort, will never stay here again
3 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
"Woud Stay Again"
Really comfy beds. Great continental breakfast. Wonderful pool. It's a great place to camp and do some day trips to Banff. Staff was friendly and gave us an extra hour to check out.
3 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Stuart
"One night only"
We were in Calgary for an appointment at Rockyview hospital and this hotel is about 10 min from there. Hotel is clean with good parking. Room was clean but had a musty smell. Breakfast room was upstairs so not handicap friendly but large and also clean. Breakfast was basic coffee, juice, toast etc. Lots of restaurants nearby including pizza places right next door. One thing to be aware of the beds are soft so if you like a hard bed might want to look elsewhere.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
"Stay at Econolodge Calgary South East"
Staff were good. Pool and hot tub were good. Continental breakfast was good. I really liked the room for the continental breakfast. Room was reasonably clean and quiet. Close to Chinook mall. Overall a positive experience.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
Brian K.
"Great experience staying in this hotel"
The staff were very aaccomodating. I requested a room close to my sister that checked in the day before and they got me right beside her. I also forgot a pair of shoes in my room. The staff was very helpful in tracking them down and getting them back to me. Thank you Econo Lodge.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Very happy!"
We were extremely pleased with our stay! The hotel is definitely older, but has been kept up well. We were very happy with our clean, comfortable beds. Close to downtown, the Zoo and Heritage Park (our destinations), and very family friendly. I booked this hotel simply for the pool options - a kiddie pool with a toddler and baby is a must. They did not disappoint us.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2014
"Enjoyable stay with our two grandchildren."
A short but enjoyable stay. Pool was uncrowded and clean. Especially nice was the breakfast area. Lots of room including 2 waffle makers which eliminated long waits that you experience at other hotels.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Neil
"Good Stay"
Good spot, close and easy acccess to main road..... nice city. good restaurants close by. stayed for a friends wedding. area is decent. train was really close by
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Convenient location"
We only stayed one night at this motel. Typical room that met all our needs. Only complaints is the cleaning staff left old towels in the room and the hot tub did not work. Great location on MacLeod Trail. Staff were pleasant. It is too bad they renovated and replace the sink with one of lost above vanity one, too high to use.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Bev
"Comfortable room, good breakfast, nice pool"
The room was nice and clean. Fridge and microwave. Continental breakfast has WAFFLES! Pool was a little cool, but nice. Close to numerous locations.
4 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
"Complimentry Breakfast was very good."
We felt the hotel offered good value for the rate.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Central"
Clean and nice place. I would recommend to friends
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"decent hotel for sleeping"
We weren't in our room too often but when we were we noticed several ants around our room. the breakfast was disappointing the eggs weren't appetizing and the only other thing that was really appealing was the waffles. If you just need a place to sleep it was okay but if you plan on spending time in your room I wouldn't stay there
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"comfortable for a quick stay"
Basic room, was clean and comfortable, can't ask for more for the price. Would stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Jun 23, 2014
"Reasonable stay"
My room was comfortable but very close to the front desk which made it a bit noisy.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"Don't let the outside deter you."
From the outside Econo Lodge South looks budgety, but it's deceptive. The rooms are clean and it's really quite nice. Outstanding service from staff. Breakfast is basic, awesome pool and hot tub and walking distance from Chinook mall. Lots of food options surrounding as well. I'll stay there again!
7 night business trip Jun 14, 2014
Chelle
"…my plan of 2 day stay turned into 4 days stay…."
…thanks for the knowledgeable , friendly and warm staffs of particularly front desk days and evenings staff…now I know where to go for an affordable good rest and sleep….Thank you
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Very smokey non-smoking room"
Most of the staff were great. Room was adequately clean. Outdated room in poor condition. Second floor, no elevator, non-smoking room that was full of cigarette smoke from other rooms on a continuous basis. Have to have all my clothes cleaned again to get the stench out of them.
2 night trip Jun 15, 2014
"one night"
It was really Good, no complaints. Stay was short, but Overall it provided everything i needed. Breakfast waffles were good. In fact a good assortment of foods for breakfast Thx
1 night business trip May 28, 2014
"Excellent location for shopping!"
The hotel has had some upgrades but the building itself is old. The room had upgraded decor, the bed was super comfy and the breakfast was great. The location is fantastic. Very close to Heritage Park and Chinook Centre. Everything was right at our fingertips.
Other trip May 13, 2014
Holly
"No Heat in Calgary????"
My 2 day stay at Econo Lodge was dissatisfying and disappointing. I had no heat in my room during my stay. The maintenance crew were unable to repair. The manager offered $50 voucher on my next stay. I confirmed that I would not be returning.
Other trip May 8, 2014
FUBU
We've stayed here a few times now. The staff is friendly and helpful. They clean your room when it suits you if you are there for several days. They happily provide utensils for late night microwaveable snacks ( when you run out to 7-11). Extra towels? Not a problem. Just want to chat in the lobby? Not a problem. I will be booking my next stay with them.
Other trip May 3, 2014
"Great hotel for the price and location."
It has everything you want inside and in the area. No major issues, excellent bang for the buck.
5 night trip Apr 23, 2014
Ross
"Helpful staff"
I needed a room for one night - didn't want to rob the bank doing it. Comfortable bed, clean bathroom, and the staff were extremely helpful. Someone parked behind my vehicle and they paid for a cab to downtown. They did everything they could. The carpet in the room could use a good cleaning though.
1 night business trip Apr 24, 2014
Jacky
"Trying a different hotel"
This hotel is well worth the price. For me, it's not handy enough to the C-train to stay here often but I will try it a few more times. My room was a non-smoking but it still smelled of smoke, albeit masked with other smells. The heat controls were a little wierd although I was able to keep the temperature comfortable. There was no outside noise or noise from the other rooms. Lots of hot water and fairly quickly in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable.
1 night trip Apr 2, 2014
"Nice and comfortable room, but smelled like smoke"
The room was great, the breakfast was good. But we were on the second floor and the day in a half we were there it smelt like smoke all the way down the hall, in the entrance to our room and in our bathroom.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Nice hotel with hot pool and spa."
The hotel is clean and smells good. You can go for a swim because there is a heated pool and even a spa. Aside from that there is a free breakfast which is so convenient because you do not have to go out.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Nene
Ok rooms, unfriendly staff
2 night business trip Mar 24, 2014
"For the price, a nice place"
Worth a stay if you need a place for a lower price point :)
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
"Nice hotel."
Had a very good time. Location was very good. Close to the amenities I was seeking.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"A gGreat staff, comfortable bed, and great locatio"
Great staff, comfortable bed, and great location
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
"Location good to rocky view hospital but nothing e"
Staff was extremely unhelpful upon checking plus had to pay a $50.00 damage deposit upon arrival. No toiletpaper. Room extremely small and crowded. Did not feel or appear clean
2 night trip Jan 8, 2014
"No TV or cable; weird people hanging around area"
I wouldn't evervstay at this hotel again
Response by Econo Lodge South
I am really surprised to read your comment about not having a TV in the room that you stayed in at our Hotel. Unfortunately that statement is not correct at all. Actually, all rooms have TVs. As a matter of fact we have Shaw Cable on all our TVs with 52 channels. So with all due respect, I would kindly request that you withdraw your statement as it is really not true. I would be more than happy to address any other issues that you may with our property
Other trip Dec 24, 2013
"Close and convenient to mall and restaurants."
Was moved from one suite to another and the second suite the bed was old and hard on the back. The first suite had a beautiful king size pillow top mattress.
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
"Not the best or worst I've ever stayed at."
If you are looking for value priced accomodation on McCleod Trail in Calgary this is it. Nothing fancy, a little older but ok. It included a sparse continental breakfast offering in the rate. There was a widescreen TV in the room but the hotel doesn't suscribe to any HD channels so the standard definition picture made every body look fat and distorted. It was hard on the eyes watching after a while. The bed was comfortable and the rooms clean.
Other trip Dec 11, 2013
best sleep we have had in a hotel for quite awhile
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
No doubt in my mind I will stay here again. Great location safe neighborhood. Super clean rooms.
1 night trip Nov 13, 2013
"ok for what i pay"
good continental breakfast , bad smoking smell on a non smoking room , sheeets are very rough, and the bathtub was nasty
Other trip Nov 8, 2013
"Disappointed!"
I was disappointed with my stay here. I stayed for two nights and the room was soooo hot I couldn't sleep...so didn't get much sleep at all. I opened the window and the temp outside was -12C but cstill did not manage to cool off the room as the heat just kept running! I was also not comfortable sleeping with the window open. Also..the room not made up by 3.30pm the second day and I had to call for housekeeping...to be told mthat they may not come until 4.30pm...which I think is very late. I had been gone most of the day and needed to shower and rest...but had to wait for housekeeping to come.
2 night trip with friends Oct 28, 2013
Kathryn
"Close to the medical centre we had to use."
We enjoyed our stay and are booked in again this week. We would definitely recommend it to our friends. Our room was very clean and it was quiet for sleeping. Mind you we were there early in the week. Front desk people were excellent and friendly to deal with.
2 night business trip Oct 28, 2013