All hotels in Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Great wellness & sports facilities
    Good internet service
    Breakfast is average
"The price was right"
Couldn't sleep due to noise both outside the hotel and the noise on the floor. Wasn't asked at checkout about my stay. Check-in was easy and the pool and the breakfast were nice.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
Extremely friendly staff. Very close to downtown with easy access to everywhere. We would stay again in a heart beat.
4 night family trip Sep 22, 2015
Sandy
The hotel was nice, clean and quiet. The staff was very friendly
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
Great rooms for the price. Lots of great restaurants in walking distance.
Other trip Sep 27, 2015
"Great pool & Breakfast..."
Enjoyed the pool, the breakfast but came away with my day already spoiled, the "neighbours" finally took a break about 3 am but perked right back up at 6. If not for NO SLEEP to speak of, it would've been fine. The bathroom could've used some "attention", I left it cleaner than it was when we got there. We were there on serious family business and I was exhausted when we arrived, I just wanted and needed a good nights sleep. I sure didn't get it.
1 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
"Near some tourist attractions & lots restaurants"
Reasonably priced, especially for a room with two queen beds (lots of other hotels only had two doubles). Breakfast was included - standard continental bfast fare (cereals, bread/bagels/English muffins, hard-boiled eggs, waffle makers, fruit, mini bran muffins and mini cinnamon buns, coffee/tea/juice). We bought yogurt to add a little extra protein/dairy (the room had a fridge). Even when the hotel was at full capacity there was lots to eat. Anything that had run out was promptly replaced by the staff. A/C in the room was adequate, but we brought an electric fan from home because my husband is a furnace. Beds were comfortable. Pillows were a little flat/lumpy. Carpet in our room was grubby, but hotel is in midst of renovations. Bathroom was a little small, but functional for its purpose. Pool, wading pool for tots, and hot tub were all nice and open later (until 11, if memory serves).
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
I would stay here again. Great location. Clean rooms.
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
"They think they are doing a favour to us by being"
The people (staff) of this hotel think they are doing the customers a favour by being there. They think they come first and then the customer. There deposit process is terrible, the first deposit asked for is $50.00 then goes to $200.00 immediately. They don't care about the potential customer they care only about the damage deposit!!!! As a senior citizen I find this over charge for a damage deposit to be insulting. The so called breakfast overcharged for is poorly laid out and the general layout of the conveniences in the hotel are poor. The Pool and Spa area are dirty and very poorly maintained, and the rules in the pool area are not covered by staff making my visit to the pool area less than 15 min's. The staff in this hotel should be taught about customer care and service. The staff member in the breakfast area was too bored and unhappy with her job to make our stay any better.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Don
"Good location on Macleod Trail."
Quick check in and check out. Inside room facing back of building and no noisy neighbours so quiet. Comfortable beds and pillows. Decent pool area and hot tub. Breakfast had waffles, boiled eggs, bagels, English muffins, toast, cereal, muffins, fruit, juice, milk, tea and coffee.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
"Good deal"
Staff were helpful and friendly. Beds were a little hard. Overall our stay was good and the price was right. Would consider staying again.
5 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
"Was good for what we needed"
It was a nice motel. We really just slept and rested there so it was great for what we needed. We found it could have been cleaned a bit better but the beds are awesome and having a fridge and microwave helped! The kids really liked the pool....was a great wind down to our evenings. The breakfast was great and overall....we would stay again. .....the only issure really was the lack of security and the fact that the girls at the front desk seemed to work alone, which i find concerning especially for security wise........lack of security and staffing is really our only big complaint. It was a great location....all amenities close and in walking distance ☺
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
Camille
"Steer Clear! Horrible!"
Hands down one of the worst hotels we've ever stayed at! I realize we required a pet-friendly room but its pretty safe to say that the carpets have NEVER been cleaned! The one bed stunk of cat urine. The air conditioning was broken & I brought it to their attention twice, only to have a housekeeper show up & explain to me that it wasnt turned on. Well thanks for that keen observation! I turned it off because it wasnt working & was only blowing warm air, making the situation worse! The housekeeping staff was very rude on our say of checkout - demanding to know exactly what time we would be leaving the room. Despite my complaints, we were never offered an alternate room or a discount of any type. I will never stay here again!
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
"Great customer service poor quality hotel."
It was busy weekend, and I was surrounded by noisy guests, and the front desk staff graciously moved me three times that weekend to find me a quiet room. However the condition and look of each room was quite different. Room 1 had the moldy, rundown bathroom and bunched up carpet which I tripped over, room 2 had hair in the bed and was the worst for guest noise, and room 3 was the same as room 1 plus an old somewhat broken kitchenette. I wasn't impressed with the quality of the rooms, and expected some consistency between them. If these rooms had been "renovated " as signs suggested, then they were poorly executed by the trades. I realize that I wasn't at a 5 star resort, but now seeing firsthand what three other rooms had to offer, I doubt I will be staying at the econo lodge again anytime soon. Props to the staff tho, who were accommodating and pleasant to deal with.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
"stains and stinks"
The carpet and furniture stains everywhere .bad smells my room had a car air freshener hanging in it shady people hanging in the stairs and in a run down neighborhood
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2015
"fantastic"
This was our second stay and loved it just as much as the first
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
Kylee
No elevators and a shrug from the fellow at the front desk as in too bad figure it out yourself. I have a heart condition. Door left ajar by housekeeping on last day. I was not impressed.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Vicki
Rooms are clean and renovated. Pool is big. The complementary breakfast is good. The hotel is located near of public transportation.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"near to Chinook centre from where we came."
Affordable price with good breakfast. The room is so cold that we need to turn off the AC and just turned-on after 5hrs. They have refrigerator & microwave inside your room that is unusual to have and it's good. It could be more better if they have elevator for easy accessibility especially for us who have a baby & things to carry going to 2nd floor room. My family & I enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
Alexandrei
"Horrifying Experience at Econo Lodge"
1) The hotel is in very bad shape needing major renovation. 2) Flooring is so torn and you will trip over the loose carpet. 3) Staircase is shaking violently and the floor is squeaking when you walk on it. 4) Sheets and pillow case have not been changed. Blood stains are on them. 5) We booked two nights. Staff at front reception was aware of the problem. Promised to change the sheets when we were out. Nothing was changed when we came back. We didn't say anything because it was really late at night. 6) Will never recommend this hotel to any of my friends for sure. The general comments from other patrons were very negative. 7) Parking is very limited. Groups of rowdy youths are partying at the parking lot when we pull in on both nights.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
Flo
"In my words it was f&@/ing CRAP!"
Bate and switch was played. I did not like staying in a MOTEL, I requested and your site stated that it was a HOTEL. There is a big difference from the 1st night room to the 2rd night room. You are suppose to refund me 50% of room cost from 1st night stay as per front desk staff. I was NOT happy sleeping on a COT the 1st night. The room had 1 King bed nada cot. The room was dirty, smelly and it looked like bums lived in it. I sincerely was so MAD about this room I almost left for the night. But my sister said, it's late we are tired and it might get better. I m never staying there again!
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
neveragain
"Great hotel for the price"
Clean hotel, somewhat friendly staff, helpful, great location, great price
2 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
"Great spot to visit Calgary from"
Only spent one night as we drove cross-country, but hotel was clean and in a great location. The pool area was nice, and the continental breakfast room was lovely and sunny.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
Hurds
"Clean, comfortable room"
The only concern I would put forth is that a fight broke out in the hallway and it seemed like none of the hotel staff did anything about it. It happened at 3:00am, very loud & violent. Not sure if police were called.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Dragon boater
"horrible"
horrible the hotel is old and tired we checked out after one night. I would NOT suggest it to anyone.
2 night business trip Jul 4, 2015
Hotel was very clean. Staff was friendly.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Isaac
The hotel is in need of some updating. But, if the company wants it to stay at a low end hotel it is usable.
2 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
"Convinient to everything that I needed"
It was good place in the area that I had business to take care of . For a Main Street in a large city it was fairly quiet . Breakfast was adaquate . Staff very freindly .
Other trip Jun 26, 2015
It was a good experience. Friendly staff, clean room, no issues.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
Jeremy
"Work trip to Calgary"
The stay was okay. The night desk person was great. He was very knowledgeable and knew what he was doing. We arrived around 7-ish (guaranteed reservation). All the paperwork was ready and check-in was very smooth. The room for the continental breakfast was great. Lots of variety and fresh. Checkout went smooth. Good experience
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"Great Value"
Econo Lodge South location on Macleod Trail was ideal for my business trip. Staff was very helpful. Close to my business needs as well as some great restaurants. Parking was a bit tight. Angle parking might have been better. Will use the Econo Lodge South for all my business needs in the area.
2 night business trip Jun 5, 2015
George Ian
"Good hotel"
It was nice to stay!!! For sure i will recommend this. Thanks
1 night romance trip Jun 3, 2015
Eleanor
"A Real Gem"
This is the place I stay with my family when I'm in town for medical or shopping trips. Great value, awesome neighbourhood with a varied selection of malls and restaurants. Comfortable rooms, pool and gym plus a Yimmies down the street.
1 night family trip May 28, 2015
Margot
"Nice clean hotel."
Stayed one night. Nice hot tub and pool area, decent breakfast, great location for shopping entertainment and tons of restaurants. Only complaint for me personally was the bed was a tad stiff and pillows a little hard
1 night romance trip May 27, 2015
"The room was clean & comfortable, but..........."
The room we were in was clean. It was not in the main building. The hallway to the room is in desperate need of cleaning and renovation.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Laurie
The employees were very nice and helpful and our room was great! The only problem I had was the washroom smelt like sour feet.
1 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
"Perfect stay for Rockyview Hospital"
Close to Rockyview Hospital. Pool and hot tub (didn't use wading pool) were a pleasant diversion. Reasonable continental breakfast, and hours were longer than most for the breakfast, which helped a lot given early morning hospital visits. Most staff were friendly and courteous.
2 night family trip May 20, 2015
Jess
"Nice hotel and is comparable to the higher price h"
All great! Hotel is exceptional and the staff are as well.
Other trip May 21, 2015
marc
The hotel was clean, friendly front counter staff, good breakfast. Our rooms didn't get cleaned for our 3 night stay. We received new towels one day and there was a knock on the door at 6pm one night asking if we wanted room leaning but we were all relaxing before dinner and didn't want the vacate the room or have someone cleaning around us.
Other trip May 19, 2015
BC Travellers
"Our visit."
Stayed one night to visit our daughter. Nice place to stay. Lots of families were there with small children. Good breakfast.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
Ed
"Great hotel for families"
The room was a little small but had everything you need & the pool was great.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Terri
"So so hotel"
The hotel needs an upgrade on almost everything. I don't mind paying an additional $50/night to have better room and amenities. The complimentary breakfast was horrible...I could only take coffee. Free parking and internet were plus though.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Ron
"Good and bad"
Comfortable clean beds and bathroom. Friendly staff but careless mistakes were made. A wake up call was asked for twice but not written down so we didn't get it one morning. The next morning we asked for one at 6:30 a.m. and got one earlier than that as well as the time we asked for it. Also, several important phone calls came in for us but we were disconnected each time. The neighborhood felt unsafe as soon as you stepped outside the motel door but inside the hotel room was fairly quiet and you didn't know it was on a major highway. We had to move rooms also when we first arrived as the heating was not working in the first room. Breakfasts were very good.
1 night family trip May 6, 2015
"Hotel close to our event."
We had a pet, so were put in a pet room....which was fine. They charged us a Pet Fee (which I presume was for the extra cleaning, because of a pet). The room and bedding were very clean, but there was a urine odor which was quite pungent. We've stayed in other Hotel Pet Rooms and have not experienced such a smell like that. Very disappointing.
Other trip May 3, 2015
JJ
We were attending a conference for the weekend so we weren't there much and this motel was in a good location for us. I found the staff to be quite pleasant.
Other trip May 3, 2015
"Econolodge Calgary Southwest"
Excellent front desk staff, very informative, kind and extremely accommodating. Would recommend for price and staff.
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
Marie
We had a great stay friendly staff excellent location
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"Dirty Hotel"
The bathroom was disgusting. Hair in the tub, looked like the room hadn't been vacuumed/swept.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"poor"
room was too warm. could not open window because people stand outside and smoke, drawing in the smell of tobacco smoke into the room. outlets did not work. no dishes in the cupboards and it was a kitchenette. remote did not work unless you were 6 inches from the tv.
1 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
Barry
"Exactly what we needed"
This was the perfect nights stay in Calgary. Close to everything we needed, clean, quiet and comfortable room. we will definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
Melvin
The breckfast is ok enought to start the day ,very clean lunch room. The person in the lobie when i arrive at the hotel , help me right away with a big smile and i like people like that ,thank you guys for everything
Other trip Apr 12, 2015