All hotels in Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
293-297 Edge Lane, Fairfield, Liverpool, England, L7 9LD, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
"Would not stay there again...."
The heating was terrible, in one room it was not working and in the second room, although the heating system, the room was just warm. In WC, you have one cold and one hot water taps, so you can not mix them. I saw that style of taps in very old houses from 50 years ago.In the lobby there was just a couch for 4 people, vandingmashine was not working and elevator was terrible.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Haluk
I stayed for 3 days in devonshine hotel.. It is like 10 min by bus from brown hill street.. The thing is you have to wait like 30 or 45min for the bus to come. Once I preferred walking it will take you 35min approx. for the hotel the reception you always have to ring because they are never going to n the front desk especially when there is a female young girl. In my room I didn't have wifi. I couldn't connect and when I asked her she told me that suppose there is and we stayed liked that with no wifi. The heater in the room had the knob broke so I couldn't control it. And in the evening lots of drunk people shooting and knocking doors. And the rooms they feel like there is no partion because you hear everyone like they are in the same room.. The good thing when we were going to leave they kept our baggages in the reception and we went back and collected them later.. I don't no if I go again, maybe yes maybe no depends. Thx
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Enjoyed our stay room was basic but clean staff really helpfully and friendly .
Other trip Jul 19, 2014

"Recommended for drivers"
Easy to drive to this place. Good spacious parking area. McDonald's, Franky and Benny's and KFC in walking distance but no grocery shop or mart.
3 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
SG
"Basic"
The hotel is basic, decor is dated. The room was clean, carpet in a poor state....threadbare. Staff were helpful and friendly. Lovely gardens and a large car park.
1 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
Dympna
"basic stay.."
It looks beautiful from the outside. Inside looks slightly run down.. could do with a refurbishment.. however room was basic and clean. Staffs were lovely and so was the breakfast.
1 night family trip Apr 30, 2015
"weekend visit"
Overall we were very happy with our stay at the Devonshire House Hotel. It fulfilled all our requirements for our short stay in Liverpool.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Ros
"Major update needed"
Quite run down and needing major renovation. Staff friendly. Good car park. Room cleanliness was good but multiple plates from another rooms room service were on the floor of the corridor for over 18 hours. Someone should be spot checking all of the shared spaces. I dont normally give bad reviews but I hope this building does get the attention it needs to bring it up to the standard it should be in such a great city.
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
"We'd stay here again."
Stayed here before and the hotel is in a good location, extremely clean. Spotless bedding and towels. The bathroom is also very clean. Yes, the hotel is a little dated but it's really comfortable, the gardens are absolutely beautiful. We didn't have breakfast but it's priced at £6 per person so good value.
2 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
Elsa
"Good value at a reasonable cost"
Comfortable and large bed much appreciated by this 6 foot 2 inch customer. Only things which didn't work were the reading lamp (bulb gone?) and one 13 amp socket. Shower excellent, toilet flush gave trouble but was promptly fixed. Reception staff friendly and cooperative. Breakfast a little limited in scope but otherwise quickly and pleasantly served. We would stay there again.
2 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
"location , location"
were going to vist anfield football club and watch match on evening. location good ,staff very helpful and polite. location great for our trip and also city centre though we didn't have time to get there.
1 night trip with friends Jan 20, 2015
"Straightforward stay, no problems here."
I stayed because I am originally from Liverpool and needed to visit for one night only to visit family. It served the purpose well, the service was very straightforward and the room size was more generous than is standard for the price. Also it had a really nice view over the city and was actually really comfortable (TV, tea and coffee in the room, nice). The only thing I would say is that leaving the hotel grounds could be made easier for guests, it is a bit convoluted as you have to walk right around the car park and there is weak lighting there at night, so it did not feel too safe. On a small point, the hotel could do with a bit of investment/ refurbishment, but this is just detail and wouldn't stop me from staying again - (i.e. the hairdryer in the room was broken, awful 90s wallpaper and the lift is a bit ancient - just minor points, no big hindrance).
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"Close to airport"
We only stayed for one night whilst waiting to go to airport for our flight home, The shower leaked and the hot water tap could be turned round but otherwise the room was ok, We asked the receptionist how to get to town center and he said taxi is best but never offered to phone one for us, The location is nice and quiet but even though the reviews say one mile to center we found it a lot further
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
shirley
"Enjoyable stay"
Everything was okay about the stay, except for the WIFI connection as reception on the 3rd floor was poor.
4 night business trip Nov 17, 2014
"Great for a short break"
Enjoyed our stay for one night in Liverpool at the Devonshire. Ticked all the boxes.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Nigel
"A great value stay."
Great value. Rooms very clean but 'tired'. Staff were great. Note that the restaurant is closed on Sunday. Also, entrance is around the back from the main road entrance.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"Over night"
I've got to admit I wouldn't return to this hotel. I wouldn't recommend it either. If I was on a stag do, or working in the area then it may be ok. But i feel the place is unloved and unkept. My room was clean and comfortable but a little scruffy round the edges. When I return to Liverpool i will pay that little bit extra and stay more central with the finishing touches and eye for detail, which The Devonshire lacks.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
visitor
"Get what you pay for"
Hotel staff were very friendly, just needed a place to sleep for a couple of nights, so was not looking for finished top quality hotel. Dated decor, some items not working, didn't clean room between days, but good value so overall happy that we got.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
"Good hotel"
Good hotel for am overnight stay!
1 night business trip Oct 7, 2014
Henrique
"Poor Quality would never stay again"
Very dated decor, springs sticking out of bed , wallpaper hanging off wall, carpets not fitted, bathroom a disgrace. Would never stay again, the pictures on the website are telling lies
1 night trip Sep 30, 2014
J D
"Nice hotel with character,needs a bit of upgrading"
An old hotel with very nice helpful staff. Some parts need up grading . Like carpets etc. and bath rooms. Beds were comfortable and bed linen spotless. I prefer old and lots of character rather than new square boxes. Meals were excellent and so was the price. We stayed here when we went to visit the Coronation Street tour, only 40 minutes away in Manchester. It was very hard to control the shower temperature. If you want perfect don't stay here, if you enjoy character this is for you.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
Anne
"ended up in separate rooms"
Booked a triple room at this hotel on the internet, called up to tell the receptionist we would check in late. She told us she doesn't have any rooms available and there was a check in fault - we would never have known if we hadn't have called them. She tried to look for other hotels for us in the area and I guess she didn't succeed as prices in the area that night were extortionate and then 2 rooms magically became available in the hotel so we had to split our group up while 2 went in one room on the east wing and 1 went on the completely other side of the hotel- other than that it's about 5 minutes from Liverpool City centre and it's pretty cheap to get a cab into town- the rooms are really simple and most fixtures are broken - our light was flickering and the hotel couldn't fix it and told us to just put up with it. Asked for a late check out which is available upon request subject to availability- the lady told us they were fully booked so we couldn't have a late check out . The next morning I went down to book an extra day and to my surprise they had rooms available -it made no sense- wouldn't stay at this hotel again but I guess for the price it's a passable stay- don't expect a 3* hotel
1 night trip with friends Aug 24, 2014
faz
Awful hotel, old dirty rooms
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
Room was checked and drinks replenished every day. A little noisy at night due to a wedding but overall good.
3 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Great budget hotel, friendly staff and room was extremely clean. Recommended.
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2014
"Long past its prime"
In its heyday, this was probably an impressive establishment. Its Georgian edifice and park-like setting are still noteable today, though obscured by a cluster of seedy commercial enterprises which surround it now. But faded grandeur is a poor basis for a satisfying stay. The hotel is desperately tired and worn out, from its tatty lobby, through its dingy corridors, to its shabby and outdated rooms. We welcome period accoutrements and do not expect venerable properties to have brand new fittings - but the spacious quad family room was compromised by worn-out fixtures, dingy bedlinens and a bathroom that smelled of urine. Despite the quaint address on Edge Lane, the neighbourhood is now mostly dodgy commercial establishments along the unattractive commercial thoroughfare. Room access is compromised by multiple sets of stairs and varying levels in the hallways, complicated by stubborn self-closing fire doors and a complete lack of lifts or ramps. Cases have to be manhandled long distances on the long walk from the car park, or offloaded from your vehicle in the narrow alley at the rear of the hotel. I wish we could be more positive about this establishment, as it has the potential to be a unique alternative to the chain hotels. But its combination of shabby infrastructure, dubious hygiene, and unappealing location add up to an overall unsatisfying experience. We will not stay there again.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2014
"comfy beds"
had a good night's sleep - great area
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Where was the wi-fi?"
The hotel advertised wifi available in all rooms but it wasn't in mine. I like to do my work in my room not a public area. I was told that it works in public lounges but when I said I booked the hotel because it said Wifi was available was told it is! I pointed out it's not as no reception in my room and wasn't even offered an apology. On checking out was told I hadn't been charged fro breakfast (which may be was an apology?) but I'd already paid £12 for breakfast through Hotels.com As other's have said breakfast quite basic and not worth £12, very plastic sausage, 1 egg, bacon, beans and chopped canned tomatoe. The hotel does have a nice feel about it and was good for I needed to be in the morning so would book again, but would specify need a room with wifi.
1 night business trip Jun 3, 2014
Rob Morley
"Good hotel in a quiet backwater of Liverpool"
I liked this hotel, but it could have been better with minimum effort. Staff were friendly and helpful. It is located on busy Edge Lane but tucked away behind gardens, so there is no traffic noise. My only complaint is that the front room I was booked into only had net curtains, but the floodlights on the other side of the garden illuminating the hotel shone directly into my room, so sleeping can be a problem! This could easily be fixed by turning off the floodlights or adding curtains. Otherwise very good. You can walk into the centre of Liverpool if you are keen (we were)!
1 night trip May 27, 2014
"Known locally as Fawlty Towers by taxi drivers?"
Firstly, the hotel got my booking wrong. I requested two doubles and a twin. Got two triples and a twin. The first room offered had six power points - 4 of which did not work. The only power outlet that did work was right at the entrance of the room, behind the main door. No room for a table, or anything for that matter. We asked for a different room. We got a double. No wardrobe, just a hanger bar hung between the old fireplace and the side wall... and a cloth hanging shelf compartment about as wide as a shoe, supplemented by a 3-drawer unit which was about 9" across by 8" deep... so pretty useless! By this time we were exhausted after a 6 hour drive so took the room. My mistake... The walls were paper thin, so everyone that walked along the corridor outside our room sounded like Godzilla. Every door in the corridor could have benefited from a spray of WD40, as they all creaked noisily. Then we came to use the shower. It looked fine, however more water came out of the chrome pipe feeding the shower head than the head itself. The bathroom tiled floor was in desperate need of some grouting, as there were complete sections where there simply wasn't any.
Other trip May 27, 2014
GF
Beautiful view . Not the ritz but you get what you pay for . Staff very helpful
1 night trip May 4, 2014
"Handy for Liverpool centre and outskirts"
Practical for what we needed and reasonable price. Bathroom could do with some refreshment, the mould in the sealant was a little disappointing and the colour of the shower head speaks volumes as to when it was last cleaned! But the hotel was ok, the room a reasonable size, light and comfortable enough for a one night stay. In its day it must have been a wonderful place, but it needs a little refurbishment, which I suppose is why it was the cheapest hotel for us to book on that night!
Other trip May 6, 2014
"where to start..."
A disappointing stay; the appearance of building from the outside promises so much and then you enter the hotel. A rude receptionist greeted us after we had to ring to check in, she then just pointed us in the general direction of our room before turning around and walking off again. The room on entry appeared clean but looked cheap and nasty. The bedding was white but thin and cheap which gave the overall room an unpleasant feel. The bathroom was by far the best part of our room; it was clean and modern with a lovely shower and bath tub, the only problem was that you couldn't switch the towel heater off which meant that at 1 o'clock in the morning when we got to our room after attending a wedding the room was sweltering. When we awoke in the morning, we headed downstairs for breakfast, which was hugely underwhelming. The choice of breakfast cereals, yoghurts and fruit was a pleasant surprise but the cooked breakfast was the main downfall. The man serving the cooked breakfast was rude, enjoyed complaining about his job to any poor soul that would listen and had absolutely no manners. The cooked breakfast in itself was cheap and there was little choice. Not only that but the rude breakfast man had a love for clearing away plates before everyone on the table had finished eating. Definitely not worth the £85 I paid to stay there (which didn't include breakfast and was an additional £12).
1 night business trip Apr 12, 2014
jen
"Convenient, good price, comfortable"
Purchased at a low price and therefore was decent value for money. All the facilities you would expect from a hotel room for the price. Thanks.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"Good bed for the night"
The room was adequate for our needs as we only really needed a bed for the night. The room was spacious and mainly clean (a little dusty on top shelf of the wardobe). Hotel is around a 10 minute drive from town so taxi/car would be needed. Did not use the restaurant for breakfast so unable to comment on that. Staff were pleasant and hotel was quiet
1 night trip with friends Apr 12, 2014
Deb
"Dont book here if you want to sleep!"
On entering the hotel we were given the key to the room which when we got through to was clean and tidy but very basic. The heating was on and the room was warm but the heating was broken so you couldnt turn it down so it got quite hot. The taps would turn on and off but the top would come off in your hand. All of this said for what you pay you cant argue too much with the room. There was a wedding on so there was a lot of noise from the function room but it was bareable, what wasnt bareable was the fact that the walls were paper thin and you could hear every movement from the ajoining rooms. At one stage next door slumped onto their bed and phyiscally moved me from mine and then snoring all night kept me awake as if they were next to me. I was very disappointed with this and would not reccomend staying here
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"Passed through"
Didn't hang around. This place was at first impressions a dump. Half run down and boarded up, Smashed windows. Nobody attending reception in the function area with no sign of life, not even a bell or a phone!! Finally found hotel reception but receptionist too busy to attend. Big wedding on at the time so anticipating a noisy night and not too impressed by the decor decided to cut my losses and head home.
1 night business trip Oct 12, 2013
SG
"good position to visit Liverpool Exellent"
no heat in room ,bed broken,window couldnt close,ALL were FIXED,Staff in resturant Better than Exellent at Breakfast mother/Daughter/combo,wow keep hold on them there GOOD,enjoyed my stay will come again ,
Other trip Oct 3, 2013
Mal & Liljan
"Great food, reasonable."
Stayed here whilst looking for daughters accommodation for her new job. Hotel a little run down but clean with immaculate bedding. As for the rest of the furniture in the room - well, needs to go out as 'street treasure'. It certainly lets the hotel down. I understand that it costs to renovate a large hotel but you do have to spend in order to attract more guests. The gardens are immaculate. Pity the weather didn't allow us to sit out in them. Service in the bar....was there service? No! Restaurant - fab service, friendly and well run, great food and inexpensive too. However, breakfast at £20 pp? I don't think so! the price of that doesn't equate with the price of main meals in the evening. Overall, we'd stay again possibly asking for another room.
1 night trip May 28, 2013
Elsa
"Cheap but not a cheerful hotel"
Area around the hotel seems quite run down, as a single young woman I didn't feel particularly comfortable being there alone. Grounds of the hotel were well kept but once inside was disappointing. Decoration of hotel was dated and in a poor condition. Hotel was ridiculously warm even for May! Room was very basic, TV didn't work and bed was very uncomfortable with no spare pillows etc. Reception were friendly and fairly helpful, however one member of staff was on the phone deciding on her tea in the middle of serving me.
Other trip May 10, 2013
"Good location, helpful staff, very nice garden."
The outside of the hotel is really beautiful with a nice garden, the parking arrangements were also good, it was easy to find parking and it was very close to the hotel entrance. The reception area and lounge also looked very nice but some parts of the hotel would need to be renovated. The lift looked old and some of the buttons needed fixing and the ceiling of the room also looked dated and had some stains. Aside from these issues, the hotel was very pleasant and the staff was kind and helpful. The price of the room was very reasonable and overall I had a very enjoyable stay.
1 night business trip Apr 12, 2013
"Easy access to town or motorway"
The hotel was a nice building but needed updating inside. The rooms were dated and plain, however the staff were friendly and the food was good.
1 night business trip Dec 13, 2012

"Solides Hotel mit gutem Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis"
Von außen fehlt hier und da frische Farbe, aber innen ist es sehr angenehm im englischen Stil gestaltet. Das Personal ist jung, frisch und sehr nett und lustig. Frühstück haben wir uns im Supermarkt gekauft, viel billiger (Joghurt+Müsli+Obst) und Coffee away. Unser Dreibettzimmer war großzügig geschnitten, das Doppelbett (mit Tagesdecke in weinrot mit goldfarbenen Stickereien - cool)stand in der Mitte des Raumes. In einer Nische stand dann das Einzelbett. Die Betten waren groß und sehr bequem. Großer FlachbildTV mit Schwenkarm. Das Bad war auch groß, allerdings ist die Sauberkeit dort nur mittel. Gerade die Dusche hat schon einige Keime in den Ecken gehabt. Trotzdem können wir das Hotel weiterempfehlen.
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
DE
"Godt hotel, hvis man ikke skal være der meget."
Et glimrende hotel, der lå lidt udenfor centrum, men hotellets receptionister var flinke til at ringe efter en taxa. Vi var der kun et par dage og prioriterede slet ikke at kigge på hotellets faciliteter, men umiddelbart så der ud til at være pænt og nydeligt.
2 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2015
3 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
MEI LING
HK
"prøv noget andet"
Et meget slidt hotel som trænger til en kraftig renovering :-(
3 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
DK
"Liverpool tur"
Helt Ok
3 night trip with friends Dec 26, 2014
Kim Roger
"Camas confortáveis e ótima localização!!"
O hotel é antigo mas com muito charme. As camas e roupas de cama e banhos são muito confortáveis. E fica a uma milha e meia do centro de Liverpool ( Adelphi Hotel ). Estacionamento amplo e gratuito. O staff é muito cordial e prestativo.
1 night trip Oct 16, 2014
Valter de Moraes
BR
"horrible"
il n'a pas WiFi, service n'est pas aimable
1 night trip Aug 16, 2013