All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
230 W 101st St, New York, NY, 10025, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great value and location."
This was one of the cheapest hotels I could find on the Internet. I didn't expect much, but when I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and the location was close to the subway. Perfect!
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Marivic
"Nice place for a good money"
My sister and I stayed there for 2 nights. The room was very small but clean. It was freezing at night so for the next one we asked for extra blankets. The staff was very nice and helpfull. The room didn't have any hooks for towels or chair. Just one small nightstand beetween the beds. It was hard to dry the towel overnight.
2 night trip with friends Jun 1, 2015
Magdalena
"Poor Management"
The location of Broadway hotel and hostel is just spot on! It is located close to the central park and is a mere two blocks south of the nearest subway (103 st) station which makes the downtown commute so much easier. The management however leaves much to be desired! I would like to share a personal example where the front desk nearly screwed up my early morning interview because they could not arrange one functional iron for me. After asking three times and waiting for three hours in vain, I was told by front desk to buy one form the neighboring Pharmacy and return it next morning. I felt shortchanged at that time because a. It was raining outside and b. I thought one of the staff could have easily arranged that iron for me (even from pharmacy) instead of smoking cigarette outside. Overall, a decent place for backpackers but not so much if you are in the city for professional reasons.
1 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
Paritosh
"My roommate was wonderful, I just didn't expect..."
So when they say mixed gender dorms they mean the actual room you will be staying in will possibly be with a person that is not the same gender as you. This is important to understand. I was fine with it, my roommate was VERY nice, it just needs to be stated a little more clearly for those who have never stayed in a hostel before. Bed was hard and I could feel EVERY coil. Other than that it was a good stay for the price.
3 night business trip May 14, 2015
Melanie
"Cant beat value"
Great value for the money, and location great
2 night trip Apr 14, 2015
"Convenient location, not luxurious but good enough"
It is a good location. Clean place. Nice staff. Better than most other equal places.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Jackie
"Just Enough"
Great value. Clean. Easy to find. Fantastic location. Definitely a new favorite when I'm in NY.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
Chris From SFO
"manhattan eco hotel"
nice eco hotel close to subway
1 night trip Apr 4, 2015
kagan
"Hostel in poor condition"
It's a hostel and only $38 a night, so my expectations were low and I was unsurprised by the quality of this hostel. I'm used to staying in hostels, but have definitely had better hostel experiences. The room was kind of smelly, sheets were stained, mattresses were uncomfortable, bathrooms were tiny and shared by too many people. The bunk bed was really squeaky which made for several poor nights of sleep. I was there for a training at Columbia University and it was very convenient to the University and Subway. I have stayed in much better hostels in NYC and will not stay there again.
3 night business trip Jan 7, 2015
"Hotel broadway"
My stay was for only one night, staff members where no very knowledgeable I had to go up 6 flight of stairs and they gave me the wrong room and not in a good way...but for me personally I have stayed in better.....make this place a last resort.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Elle
"Efficient"
Affordable hotel. I had a single room and the room was clean and neat. The bed and sheets were comfortable. Room came with bed, towel rack/ coat rack, sink, night stand, tv, towels, and soap. The radiator was a bit noisy and windows were thin so heard traffic outside. Bathrooms where shared and was a few on every floor each with toilet, shower/tub, and sink and was clean. For what I payed for the room it was very worth it, defiantly not the nicest hotel but far from the worst. Defiantly worth it for anyone in their 20's that is on a budget. There was a cafe in the lobby that provided cheap breakfast foods and drinks. Staff was very nice and allowed me to check my bags after I checked out, the charge was $2/bag but they only charged me for one. Would say here again.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
Dy
"Highly Recommed"
Our stay was great. I would definitely book this hotel again and again in the future. The room was clean , a very nice size and the private bathroom was amazing.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
"It was close to transportation."
The bathroom was disgusting and the bed was itchy. Never again.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
Elle
"Overall"
It was comfortable and cozy. The only problems I saw was the room was small and the locks need to be worked on.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Great location! Comfortable stay."
Great stay! And they upgraded our room for free to have an ensuite bathroom. Small room but perfect for New York in a great area!
2 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"ok"
Friendly staff, a lot of foreigners stay here, which is cool. All three TVs were connected so if the channel was changed then it changed on all of them, regardless of what room you're in. And I'm pretty sure the staff controls the TV, so you better like what they like or you're effed.
1 night trip Feb 22, 2015
"Small but nice"
TV would not go on, but staff came quickly to correct
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
debra
"Great Place!!!!!"
The staff at the front desk were cool and knew how to get around city. Do not pay attention to the other reviews. This is just what nyc need cause of the price and the train station is 2-3 blocks away. This is a great place. Maggy and Marcell should be promoted cause those two work well together, and they are extremely friendly.
1 night trip Feb 8, 2015
Eddie
"Nice hostel"
I stayed for seven nights. The only uncomfortable part was that the elevator was too small and slow. Otherwise, it is a great place to meet new people while you travel.
7 night trip Jan 16, 2015
Hangoon
"Great place"
I stayed there for one night an it was amazing nice an clean place, staff was very friendly an lovely neighborhood
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Better than the first time"
This was my second visit to the hostel, the room was better, clean,
1 night trip Dec 29, 2014
Rosalia
"Small Hotel in Manhattan"
The room fulfilled our purpose of having a place to rest at night. There were some signs of deterioration (broken tiles, chipped tub, worn out rug) that didn't compromise the experience. But a really annoying issue was the TV image getting frozen after only 5 min of viewing, while the audio kept going. So I wasn't able to get the local news.
5 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
Samuel
"Emergency only or free"
the room was extra small
2 night trip Dec 21, 2014
Rosalia
"GREAT HOTEL & FRIENDLY STAFF"
Loved the costumer service, I want to say MANY THANKS to all from the front desk who took care of me, all the doormen, and cleaning. I will definitely come back again. THANK YOU GUYS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
3 night trip Dec 13, 2014
Marco
a good place if you want to fun in NY and saving money
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Pleasant experience!"
If you're looking for a place to crash, this is a great hostel. I had a good time during my 4 day get away and I'll definitely stay here again if I have a chance to come back to Manhattan. The staff are friendly and polite. My room was clean and the room service was done daily without any complaints. The bathrooms are clean as well. The guy who I shared the room with was open to talk to and we had some good conversation despite the fact that I was first worried about sharing a room with a complete steanger. It was nice to meet another person who loves to travel just as I do from a different country. You will find some coffee shops, a multi purpose store, pretty good Chinese food and a subway station in walking distance as far as I know.
3 night trip Dec 13, 2014
Tetsuya
Room was good for the price we paid. The only complaint was that it would get really cold at night. The heater seemed to turn off then.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"This was perfect for what we needed."
We had some qualms about whether this hotel-hostel could be too good to be true, but it really was fantastic. What we wanted and needed was some place a short, easy subway ride to Lincoln Center because we were going to see an opera that got out after midnight, and we did not want to pay the usual $300-500+ a night Manhattan rates, especially in the Central Park West area. After reading generally positive but a few mixed reviews, we took the chance. The staff was wonderful. They were courteous, friendly, and helpful about not just the usual checking in routine, but helping us check and store our luggage until we could check in later that evening, and directing us to the nearest parking garage. Our room was great. Although we were upgraded from a private room with a shared bath to a private room with a private bath, there were other rooms like the one we booked on our floor and they all looked clean and bright, and the shared bathrooms looked good even Sunday morning. Our room had a double bed, firm, no-frills mattress, a flat screen t.v., and hair dryer,etc. in the bathroom. There was no closet but there was a good-sized dresser and plenty of floor space to pile things on top of luggage. The place was, as we anticipated, full of mostly twenty-somethings from all around the world, who were delightful, and we heard no noise where we were on the 4th floor. Our bathroom was clean and bright. Yes, the rooms were small for the U.S. but spacious compared to most in Europe. Loved it.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
K.
The room condition is just awful for the price paid.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Aaron
"Good location, reasonable price"
veryyy old, but they are currently repainting some areas so it should look better soon. they change the sheets everyday but the sheets and blanket are not comfortable. shower is old too but functional.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
jayjay
"great value for the price"
The staff was super friendly. They accomodated my need to check in a little early and check out a little late at no extra cost. I stayed in a dorm room so one cannot expect too much. It was small but not tiny. It was warm and clean. The blanket was very old but it was clean and warm.The bathroom was close and clean. There was a sink in the bedroom. One thing that was not good: the towel was stinky. Maybe it had been left damp too long before washing. Other things that could improve but are minor details: I wish there were more hangers in the closet, and hooks in the bathroom. It would be nice if there were paper towels in the bathroom. Don't forget to bring your won padlock, as they have a locker in the room for your valuables. There is a subway station too blocks away. Overall great value for the price.
1 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2014
"Great location."
Frayed carpet and bathroom tile in "Splash Room" in need of minor repairs.
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
Xuan
"Broadway Hotel anf Hostel stay"
It was great and the front desk was very accomodating
1 night trip Nov 16, 2014
Carlton G
Room was cold with inadequate blankets. Very much over priced as was the use of the computers. Not as comfortable as some homeless shelters.
"Great service ... Nasty conditions"
Okay, the staff were very nice and friedly without a doubt. However, the hotel bad roaches and this was highly disturbing, The bathroom being shared for the entire floor didnt help either.
1 night trip with friends Oct 28, 2014
Jamal
"Spartan room with great sleeping comfort"
I arrived early but, the desk clerk was more than accommodating & checked me into a top floor corner room with no wardrobe to hang my clothes in. One was delivered later in the day. It's a bare bones, spartan room but, the sheets are first class and clean & the bed quite comfortable. The double pane windows keep it relatively quiet. The shower down the hall was not the best but, adequate. The elevator was under repair twice during my 4 day stay causing everyone to use the stairs! It was working when I needed to bring down my one heavy bag for check out. Sleep well here.
4 night trip Oct 25, 2014
Jimmie
"not my first choice"
Noisy, bedside lamps not available, but clean room
2 night trip Oct 16, 2014
"BAD PLACE"
This place said that they had Iron in the room, well they don't
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
It's like a college dorm room except it is Very Small. The door is hard to lock and open and the shower is shared. Some bathrooms are better for showering than others but all has good water.
2 night business trip Oct 7, 2014
Gilbert
"Affordable clean place"
The hotel was good. The staff was Okay. The room were clean and spacious. The bath room was clean too. I would consider this option next time I am in NY.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
Jacqueline
Good, efficient and clean. Thank you
2 night business trip Oct 1, 2014
"Need a Make Over"
Hotel was a share with someone else (hostel) setup. The security/ bell man was very rude and threatened me after I checked in at 1 Am. He did not think that I should complain about the room accommodations. Another employee had to restrain him or he would have punched me. The guy became hostile because he did not know what the word facetious meant. The desk clerk handled the situation professionally. That bellman/security that night, should not work in the Hospitality Industry.
Response by Broadway Hotel and Hostel
Thank you so much for your honest review. We will be investigating this matter further. We hope that had a lovely time in New York despite this significant complication with your stay.
3 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Bernard
"Excellent value"
The staff graciously accomodated my request to check in a little early. The entertainment area in the lobby (group movie area, snack bar, ect) was refreshing. Starbucks is a block away along with hip restaurants and the metro. The rooms are clean and peaceful and my roommate was very polite and entertaining. This is the best hostel in new york of the dozen or so i've stayed in around manhattan. Great value. Looking forward to my next stay.
Response by Broadway Hotel and Hostel
Thank you so much. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again on your next visit to New York!
1 night trip Sep 9, 2014
"Never again"
The rooms do not have attached bathrooms. Hot water was not started until 8 AM.
Response by Broadway Hotel and Hostel
We apologize for any issues you had during your stay with us. Thank you so much for your honest review. We are always looking for ways we can improve. We hope that you had a lovely time in New York.
1 night trip Sep 3, 2014
"Great location and extremely helpful staff"
We only stayed here one night, but the staff was very accommodating for all our luggage before and after we checked in and out. The room wasn't the most comfortable and we shared a bathroom with a couple other people, but definitely worth the money. The lounge area was great too, but we didn't get much time to use it
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Carrie
"Very accessible and clean!"
This hostel was extremely clean! Although the building may be a bit small, they do a great job at maximizing space. The hallways are narrow but the rooms are very comfortable and air-conditioned. However, since it is NYC, you probably won't spend much time in the hotel itself. If you do, there is a large common area with a fridge and plenty of outlets to charge your electronic devices. The only downfall was that their beds were pretty hard. Stick a pillow under your knees to reduce pressure off your lower back, and this hostel will receive a 5!
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
Dani
This is a nice place to stay if you are single and looking to have a good time in NY. Bunk beds too small and the area is definetly noisy. On the plus side though it's close to major attractions and souvenir shops
2 night business trip Jul 31, 2014
Very comfortable, clean hotel two blocks from metro station with everything you need nearby.
3 night trip Jul 27, 2014
"worth it for the money"
The hostel is very clean even the restroom. The staff are nice also and very helpful. Will definitely try staying here again!
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
RJ
I enjoyed my stay. Will come back again. Next time I want a single room with my own bath & tv.
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2014