All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
1531 Pacific Hwy, San Diego, CA, 92101, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1591

"Fantastic downtown location across from the water"
Prior to making my reservations, I had read reviews about the hotel and was slightly concerned about the numerous comments regarding the train noise......however, since I need some white noise anyway thought it would probably be OK. The location was better than I expected being almost directly across from the water....we were only one street away from the water and almost directly across from the Star of India ship.....I heard the train a few times, but it was not a problem at all. The staff was super friendly, the breakfast was great, the lobby had water, coffee, tea and , hot chocolate available at all times, and fresh baked cookies after 4. I would absolutely stay here again, especially for the price!!
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Has free shuttle to and from airport and to cruise terminal. But airport transfers are only until 10 pm. Very good free breakfast.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Mohan
"Not that special"
Fell for the excellent review & was pretty disappointed. The breakfast was not better than that of other hotels of more reasonably priced stays. Was prepared for the train noise for which they provide earplugs. Pool was not "heated" & fitness center was small. The front desk guys earned their high marks. The airport shuttle was available.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
"Excellent Hotel in Downtown San Diego"
From the moment we walked into the lobby we were impressed with this hotel. We have stayed in several hotels in the San Diego area and this one was great! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the hallways and room was spotlessly clean and smelled fresh and inviting. There was a special event that night in the park across the street so there was loud music, but it did not stop us from getting a good night of sleep.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"San Diego Business/Pleasure trip"
Hotel was in a great location, and all of the staff were outstanding.
6 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
gerald
"Very Good"
Really did enjoy the stay . It is in a perfect location , except for some aircraft noise as it is close to the airport. The staff were the best I have come accross in a long time and I spend 60% of my year in hotels. They were so helpful. The breakfast bag for early risers going on the shuttle to the airport was a very nice and considerate touch. It made my day. I would definatley stay here again.
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
Brendan
"Great location downtown/near airport"
I loved the location of this hotel - we were walking distance to the waterfront, Gaslamp district, and car rentals. There was also an airport shuttle, which saved us time and money. The breakfast was wonderful, and the breakfast room was very spacious. The pool was a nice way to relax after all the walking we did. Everything was clean and updated, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend!
1 night romance trip Mar 10, 2015
Alexandra
"Awesome hotel and location"
The staff was very nice. They let us check in early and shuttled us to and from the zoo! Breakfast was really good too. Definitely would stay here again.
1 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
Emily
"Good deal for the price"
The hotel had most of the facilities I would want, including a fitness center and breakfast starting at 6am. The room came with microwave and fridge (which I didn't use), but had a shower rather than a bath (I like baths). The closet was a bit weird -- waist-high coat-hangers, which were not convenient to use. The hotel was around the corner from a trolley station, which made for convenient access to the convention center without the higher prices of hotels closer to the convention center. Occasionally there was noise from trolleys (the hotel supplied ear-plugs), but for the most part I was not bothered by noise.
4 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
Benjamin
Great location. Easy to walk to the Seaport Village or to downtown to great restaurants.
3 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
Margaret
"Right place to stay"
Other than noise from Amtrak, stay was excellent
2 night family trip Mar 4, 2015
Julian
"Nice hotel near water and Little Italy."
Friendly staff. Inside looks fresh and modern. Rooms clean.Truly excellent breakfast. Negatives are noisy room A/C and our room was in the rear of hotel near railroad tracks with a lot of train activity.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Norm
"My San Diego Trip"
Great location. Rooms were clean, and the service was fantastic. I got a good deal on the prices. I would stay here again.
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
Raul
"Awesome stay"
Excellent all the way.
2 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
"request your view"
Unless you like having people being able to look in your room, request a street view. I had a center room - on the inside of the 'U' shape.
2 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
"Lukewarm shower"
Shower barely warm enough during 3 day stay in room 232. No complaints about comfort otherwise. Probably a faulty shower faucet, as water at sink was hot. Very clean. Excellent interactions with staff. Great location for our purposes, close to harbor attractions, walking distance from cruise ship terminal, near Little Italy tram station (1 block), easy access for about $4/day/pp by tram/bus to Gaslamp, Balboa Pk, even Coronado Island beaches (with a Compass Card). Provided free luggage storage before checkin and before a late flight out. Free shuttle from cruise terminal and to airport. Definitely would stay again.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Cruiser
Hotel lobby is beautifully modern and staff is very welcoming. The free breakfast was also very impressive. BUT the rooms are extremely dated, including the bathrooms.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"Pretty good!"
Great stay, decent breakfast, nice front desk staff, Los Panchitos next door has great fish tacos! Only complaint is the train/trolley behind which makes it hard to leave the window open and enjoy the fresh air. Location otherwise was perfectly close to all we needed and the shuttle was excellent!
4 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
Great location, walking distance to breweries and restaurants.
3 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Loud train !"
Being next to a train track , that runs loudly all day and night , less then great
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
Tiffany
"Pretty good location and price"
Due to my professional activities, I attended a conference in the San Diego Conference Center. I decided to stay at the Hampton Inn due to its closeness to Downtown and the Little Italy Trolley Station. My stay was pretty nice, starting from the people in charge of the shuttle. The hotel staff is pretty friendly and helpful, the rooms are comfortable and Little Italy offers a lot of nice places to go out at night to eat and have a glass of wine. I always try to use public transportation systems when I travel and being one block away from the Trolley Green Line was definitely a plus for me.
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
Manuel
"business trip to San Diego"
Basically the stay was Ok. The train running behind the hotel was noisy and the loud high school kids also made it difficult in early evening. I also didn't like to pay for parking.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
Stewart
"Nice Hotel terrible parking"
Parking was terrible but the hotel was very cleaning and service was good.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
"Good hotel"
Pretty close to everything
1 night business trip Feb 7, 2015
OLGA
Aside from the location (being pretty close to restaurants in Little Italy) and standard complementary breakfast, I was actually disappointed with this Hampton Inn location. They didn't have cookies upon check-in (I know, it's usually the Double Tree that has the cookies, but we've stayed at two other Hampton Inn locations and they had cookies in their dining area for people checking in). When we got to our room, we noticed there were ear plugs on the desk. We didn't know what they were for. Then, we heard it. The hotel is really close to train tracks so we'd hear the train go by every now and then. Luckily, it didn't bother me much because I can sleep through most things. However, for those who can't, take caution. When we opened up the curtains, there was basically a roof blocking any view. That didn't really bug me. What did bug me was the bird poops all over our window so I just closed our curtains. All those things I just said, I can get through. The deal breaker for me was the parking garage. It was so cramped and there weren't enough spaces. When I got to the top/end, there was no way to make a u-turn. I basically had to drive backwards. I've never been afraid to drive before, and I was just so scared that I was going to hit another car. Luckily, when I finally was able to find a spot to make a u-turn, someone was leaving and I took their spot. The spot was so tight though that my left wheel was on the line, and no other car would be able to fit in the next spot.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"San Diego on Business"
Hotel was a great location - one block from the ocean pier. We like the quick good breakfast that is included. Had a car and was extra to park however liked that the elevator was the same to the hotel. You had to have a room key to get into the parking area so made you feel it was a safe location. The room was great as usual.
1 night business trip Feb 6, 2015
Rhonda
"Joseph Rocks"
Overall, I was very content with my stay there. The hotel offers very convient shuttle services to/from the airport and even the zoo. In particular, Joseph was a huge help and was very kind.
2 night romance trip Feb 5, 2015
"Close to little Italy"
Nice hotel but too close to train tracks. They have earplugs and a white noise machine in the room but it did not help.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
L
"Great location and friendly staff"
I met 3 other girlfriends for a girls weekend and we could not have been happier with the hotel. Great location and we were able to walk most everywhere. Used the shuttle to and from the airport, borrowed umbrellas for the rain while walking and we all thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area who wants to be close to the water. The one downfall was lack of a hot tub which would have been so nice after walking all day.
2 night trip with friends Jan 30, 2015
"San Diego for 3 amigos"
The stay was good. The hotel was close to train tracks. Woke us up at 0600! On Monday about 0530 the trash collector did their thing and that noise seemed to go on forever then here came the trains. I guess that got us going earlier. The breakfast was great! Staff (Sean) was wonderful and all were nice and pleasant!! We thought the hotel was closer to downtown-so needless to say we walked a lot. Hotel did take and pick us up from the Zoo. Would have been nice to have a hot tub.
2 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
Joan
"Not worth the price"
The hotel staff and the location being walking distance to the bay museums was the only thing good about this hotel. For the price though it was not worth it. You know there is a big noise problem when you walk into a room and there are earplugs on the nightstand for you. The train noise was terrible. The beds were not comfortable at all. I actually had to use the earplugs one night because I just couldn't take not sleeping. And that was supposed to be the "quietest" part of the hotel?!... Really!?... We will not be returning to this hotel.
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Marcy
Train noises to loud. Railroad arm bells are can be heard though out the day and night.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Perfect hotel for our night before our flight!
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
Mrs. M J
"san diego harbor"
Airport shuttle stops at 10; plane arrived at 10:30...otherwise great stay
1 night romance trip Jan 19, 2015
Arthur
"Great Value for a Downtown Hotel"
I was a little worried about the room when we walked in and saw ear plugs on the night stand and heard a train behind the room. However, we were both able to sleep without any noise from the train. This hotel was within walking distance of downtown and the Gaslamp district where we spent most of our time while in San Diego. The shuttle service to the airport and to the Zoo allowed us to visit without renting a car. The staff was nice and helpful.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
adie03
"Nice hotel downtown"
Friendly and prompt shuttle service to and from airport. Spacious clean comfortable room. The breakfast was adequate but not quite as many choices as other Hampton Inns where I have stayed. There were earplugs in the room which puzzled me until I found out that the trolley noise is bad for light sleepers during the night. Ear plugs were not enough for me. It may be worth it to ask for a room away from the Trolley crossing when you check in. The internet speed was decent but not as fast as other Hampton Inns where I have stayed.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Craig
Throughly enjoyed our stay. Hotel is conveniently located for walking to Little Italy, Midway, Seaport Village and ferry. Transportation provided to Zoo. Great breatfast. Staff at desk could not have nicer. Helpful with directions and suggestions for dinner. Special thankful to Laura.
3 night romance trip Jan 14, 2015
"Great overnighter"
Great location for the trolley. Shower head dripped all night but all else was great.
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
"Excellent stay."
Great location! Right next to the trolley station, Little Italy, Maritime museum, and within walking distance to the Seaport Village and Midway museum. Hotel staff was extremely nice and helpful. Clean rooms. Very good breakfast. Felt like home. Didn't want to leave. Will definitely stay here again.
8 night romance trip Jan 7, 2015
Irina
"Such a great hotel!"
This is the second time that I've stayed at this hotel while visiting San Diego. It's a great value for the quality that they have to offer. The property is clean, modern, and comfortable. The free breakfast is delicious and full of great options. The location is ideal, close to the trolley, the shore, and a quick walk to Little Italy.
1 night trip with friends Jan 11, 2015
Kerri
"Everything within walking distance..."
We enjoyed our stay......24 hour Coffee, Hot Coffee free breakfast plenty of sitting.....The only thing I didn't understand was having to pay for parking......
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
Tanya
"Great Getaway"
Hampton Inn is a perfect location for a quick and cheap taxi ride to Gaslamp. The service was great and I especially liked the underground parking. Recommend this hotel.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"San Diego stay"
All good except New Years Eve A lot of visitors being brought in by guests for partying. Noise level that night was loud and went on till 5;15am before quiet.
3 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
"I will stay again"
We scored with booking this hotel! It's near everything in walking distance. The breakfast and 24 hour coffee/water in the lobby was the best. The staff was friendly and we were happy with our stay!
4 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Raeanne
"Noisey stay!"
loud train signal noise and uncomfortable beds.
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"New Years"
Great time, great service. Garage is easy and the staff is very courteous.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Excelence"
Great
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
victor
Ellis checked me in and he was very helpful and very informative :) Everyone at the front desk was kind and the checkin was easy! We stayed just for one night and it was more great! We ordered more pillows and blankets and they came to the room very fast. We didnt partake in the complimentary breakfast but it looked good. It is very close to Little Italy in San Diego and there are a bunch of really great place to check out and eat at.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"train sounds"
Trolly/train was my only complaint about this hotel!
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2014