All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
1531 Pacific Hwy, San Diego, CA, 92101, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1591

Service was great- AC leaked in room with wet carpet
6 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
"Hawaii stop over"
Stopped over on way to Hawii and shuttle driver was great and took us to a great restaurant. Am breakfast buffet was good and well stocked. Nice view of harbor and walking distance.
1 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
"Best staff ever!!!!"
The staff rocked!!! So nice, and friendly. Everyone complains about the trains, but they were not a problem for us at all. Location was perfect, you can walk everywhere! Room was cozy, could use a few updates. The bed and shower were great. They had our room ready early so we could check in early and even held our bags the whole day when we checked out so we could explore some more... We would do it again for sure. Get to the pool early, limited seating.
3 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
Cassie
I loved this hotel. Our stay was great. Perfect location. Staff was really friendly. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
jesus
"Nice hotel. Clean and centric but noisy"
Very nice and centric but there is a npisy train back street.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
de
"Nice hotel. Very close to everything!"
Great location! Close to trolly, harbor, Little Italy. We really enjoyed our stay. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Train Tracks = Ear Plugs"
It was great. Just didn't like the train tracks literally right next to the hotel. You can hear the train come and go. But they do provide ear plugs
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Rhumano
"Excellent staff. Convenient location. Near train."
Attentive&hospitable staff made our 3 night stay 5 stars. Great complimentary hot/cold buffet breakfast. Walking distance to the harbor, Little Italy, Seaport Village, and the USS Midway. Our only disappointment was the train noise (as most of the reviews complained about). Our 1st room was loud/near the tracks; We requested a room change & they quickly switched us to one that was much quieter. I would highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
CR
"Nice hotel, good location."
Good stgy. Very nice hotel. Hotel in good condition. Complementary breakfast was very good. Room condition was very nice. Great location, particularly if you are taking a cruise from San Diego. Complementary shuttle to cruise terminal. A bit pricey. Had a surprisingly good meal at Anthony's close by.
1 night romance trip May 26, 2015
JEROME
"Recent Stay-Excellent"
Great rooms, nice breakfast, helpful staff. Very convenient for trolley system as well. The pickup from the airport worked great. Quick walk to Little Italy or just a short ride on the trolley to Gaslamp District.
4 night business trip May 26, 2015
"Excellent location, great staff. Would stay again!"
Great hotel. Easily accessible to airport. Clean room, spacious, quite. Morning hot breakfast is excellent. Always has coffee available during the day. Overall loved the stay
4 night business trip May 27, 2015
"Very nice hotel"
Excellent Breakfast, free parking!
1 night business trip May 26, 2015
Liliana
"No parking spots"
Staff was very friendly but parking was difficult. The lot would be full by the end of the night and I was lucky enough to find a spot
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Found the perfect spot to stay!"
I was in town for a conference for 4 nights. I needed a location that was close to the convention center, had reasonable fees for parking and clean, quiet, comfortable rooms. The added bonus was breakfast was included and complimentary coffee/tea all day. I didn't care about the added amenities like gym or pool since I wouldn't be utilizing these services. The room was very quiet and had a refrigerator available to use. It was perfect for what I needed. The location is great; right on Pacific Avenue and a short walk to the beach and downtown/Gaslamp district.
4 night business trip May 17, 2015
Good location nice staff excellent breakfast bar. AC unit loud otherwise very good!
Other trip May 23, 2015
Nurse at conven
"Nice stay in downtown San Diego"
We booked online and weren't happy with the rooms we got (handicapped and we didn't need that), so the manager (Kevin) worked hard to get us two rooms together with a nice location. Breakfast was good (except no bacon!) and the staff was very friendly.
Other trip May 17, 2015
"Great for the conventioner!"
Went for a convention at the convention center. Other hotels close to the convention center were much more expensive. This one is right next to the Trolley Green Line. Short 10 min ride to the convention center. Airport Shuttle. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly meals were OK for a hotel. Internet speed was reasonable, I was able to watch Hulu with only a few pauses. Bed clean, AC great, Showers not tubs but that was fine for me.
2 night business trip May 11, 2015
Evan
"Good for business"
One night for business - the hotel is very nice and clean. Some wear and tear but nothing to be concerned about. The location is ideal to walk to the waterfront and an extreme bargain compared to the hotels closer to the harbor. My colleagues spent twice as much to stay less than two blocks away. Breakfast is included as well - and is quite good (hot food as well as continental items). The front desk staff was EXCEPTIONAL. Very friendly and helpful - they were the highlight of the stay.
1 night business trip May 12, 2015
Jaclyn
"Fare hotel in San Diego"
I was in SD for a meeting. The hotel has a good location and has easy access to public transportation (trolley). Overall was a fare experience, but the price of the hotel was high taking into account the condition and hotel facilities and to the fact that there is no room service, except for the complimentary breakfast and no safe deposit in the room. The staff is friendly and are always willing to help with information. I would not recommend this hotel to a family, but perhaps will note to someone that will attend a meeting in the convention center (10 minutes trolley ride plus the waiting time at station that is not always exact). For pricing and hotel condition there are definitively other hotels that will serve different purposes and better located.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Jeronimo
"Stayed April 2015"
Hi, had a really lovely time in San Diego, spent 1 night with you, unfortunately we had very noisy overhead neighbours, there was continual what seemed like running around the room all nigh, had to ring down to reception around 2.30am who sent security, it did stop for a while but started up again, was a pity as the facilities and hotel were lovely, we had to leave at 6.30am so was a pity but would stay again with you and have recommended your hotel to family and friends, Georgina stayed on 3rd April 2015
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
"Excellent staff and area. Close to everything."
The staff was friendly, professional and helpful. Excellent neighborhood. I wish I could remember everyone's name. Did not encounter a single person with an attitude. Maria the cleaning lady was excellent as well as Armando. Overall stay was excellent.
7 night family trip Apr 28, 2015
"Pleasant stay"
It was an overall very pleasant stay. The staff were friendly, breakfast was great, room was clean. There is a park right across the street, which is great for family with kids. There is also shuttle service from hotel to airport.
5 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
"A good hotel to stay."
It was a quite a good hotel for a comfort stay with a reasonable price.
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Hampton Inn San Diego April 2015"
Hotel was Decent. Front desk staff was very helpful and accommodating. Had an issue with the room door lock, but they fixed it very quickly. Full breakfast which was nice to have on an extended stay. Van shuttle very useful and accommodating.
2 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
Jeanne
"Loud train tracks"
The hotel was in a great location except there are train tracks behind the hotel. We did not sleep at all because every 5 minutes a train comes and pics up passages and it's really noisy. So I put my comfort grade low. I would never stay there again because of the noise. The service and cleanliness is great. I also loved being able to walk every where. To bad we didn't sleep at all.
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
"HAPPY AT THE HAMPTON!"
STAFF WAS EXCELLENT:FRONT DESK, BREAKFAST PREPARERS AND ATTENDANTS. SHUTTLE SERVICE FROM TRAIN STATION AND THEN TO CRUISE PORT WAS THE BEST WE HAVE EVER HAD. GREAT EXPERIENCE IN A FANTASTIC CITY.
2 night business trip Apr 11, 2015
"Fair Stay"
Room wasn't bad but, didn't like the fact that the sofa bed had what looked to be old sheets on it when we opened it to use it. We requested clean sheets though & it was better. Our view was a house roof shingles (didn't like that). $14.00 for parking & the gate was broke wasn't good either.
1 night family trip Apr 12, 2015
"spring getaway"
great...
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Friendly staff, clean room, good price Breakfast was good
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Nice, but noisy."
Excellent hotel, for the price, with a great staff. The constant noise from the adjacent light rail, which went on ALL NIGHT LONG, was my only complaint.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Great complimentary breakfast, and only a block from the water. Fun park for kids right across the street.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Very loud AC unit! A lot of the reviews mentioned how the hotel is very close to the train tracks, that didn't really bother me. What bothered me was the really loud sound coming from the AC unit when it turns on! It did quiet down on our last night but that was because it wasn't turning on anymore! Our room got really warm and no matter what adjustments we made, it didnt turn back on!
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Marie
"Great hotel at an amazing price."
The least favorite thing with this hotel was the speed of the elevators and that they are just old. That being said, they work fine and hold plenty of people. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was lit fine.the shower was a little small for two but that's not an issue for most guests. Great water pressure.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Hotel was nice and comfortable. Train noise wasn't that bad - especially if you're used to staying in cities like Chicago or NY. Good location to sites and restaurants but not so close to a beach.
2 night business trip Mar 27, 2015
"A good night at the Hampton Inn"
I would recommend that you put a sign in the Breakfast Room indicating where the restrooms are located. I had to go out to the front desk to inquire. And the location was right near the Breakfast Room.
1 night trip with friends Mar 26, 2015
Dwight
"Too noisy"
There was a light rail outside my room, I could barely sleep the entire night due to the constant noises from the train and the crossing alarm. The room came with earplugs and a noise machine if that tells you anything. They should not put rooms in that corner of the hotel, it should be vending/ business center/ anything other than a room where people are supposed to sleep.
1 night business trip Mar 26, 2015
"Train noise"
Hello I recently stayed for the weekend and my goal was to rest. I wasn't able to sleep the entire night due to the noise from the train. Thanks
1 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
"Fantastic downtown location across from the water"
Prior to making my reservations, I had read reviews about the hotel and was slightly concerned about the numerous comments regarding the train noise......however, since I need some white noise anyway thought it would probably be OK. The location was better than I expected being almost directly across from the water....we were only one street away from the water and almost directly across from the Star of India ship.....I heard the train a few times, but it was not a problem at all. The staff was super friendly, the breakfast was great, the lobby had water, coffee, tea and , hot chocolate available at all times, and fresh baked cookies after 4. I would absolutely stay here again, especially for the price!!
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Has free shuttle to and from airport and to cruise terminal. But airport transfers are only until 10 pm. Very good free breakfast.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Mohan
"Not that special"
Fell for the excellent review & was pretty disappointed. The breakfast was not better than that of other hotels of more reasonably priced stays. Was prepared for the train noise for which they provide earplugs. Pool was not "heated" & fitness center was small. The front desk guys earned their high marks. The airport shuttle was available.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
"Excellent Hotel in Downtown San Diego"
From the moment we walked into the lobby we were impressed with this hotel. We have stayed in several hotels in the San Diego area and this one was great! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the hallways and room was spotlessly clean and smelled fresh and inviting. There was a special event that night in the park across the street so there was loud music, but it did not stop us from getting a good night of sleep.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"San Diego Business/Pleasure trip"
Hotel was in a great location, and all of the staff were outstanding.
6 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
gerald
"Very Good"
Really did enjoy the stay . It is in a perfect location , except for some aircraft noise as it is close to the airport. The staff were the best I have come accross in a long time and I spend 60% of my year in hotels. They were so helpful. The breakfast bag for early risers going on the shuttle to the airport was a very nice and considerate touch. It made my day. I would definatley stay here again.
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
Brendan
"Great location downtown/near airport"
I loved the location of this hotel - we were walking distance to the waterfront, Gaslamp district, and car rentals. There was also an airport shuttle, which saved us time and money. The breakfast was wonderful, and the breakfast room was very spacious. The pool was a nice way to relax after all the walking we did. Everything was clean and updated, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend!
1 night romance trip Mar 10, 2015
Alexandra
"Awesome hotel and location"
The staff was very nice. They let us check in early and shuttled us to and from the zoo! Breakfast was really good too. Definitely would stay here again.
1 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
Emily
"Good deal for the price"
The hotel had most of the facilities I would want, including a fitness center and breakfast starting at 6am. The room came with microwave and fridge (which I didn't use), but had a shower rather than a bath (I like baths). The closet was a bit weird -- waist-high coat-hangers, which were not convenient to use. The hotel was around the corner from a trolley station, which made for convenient access to the convention center without the higher prices of hotels closer to the convention center. Occasionally there was noise from trolleys (the hotel supplied ear-plugs), but for the most part I was not bothered by noise.
4 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
Benjamin
Great location. Easy to walk to the Seaport Village or to downtown to great restaurants.
3 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
Margaret
"Right place to stay"
Other than noise from Amtrak, stay was excellent
2 night family trip Mar 4, 2015
Julian
"Nice hotel near water and Little Italy."
Friendly staff. Inside looks fresh and modern. Rooms clean.Truly excellent breakfast. Negatives are noisy room A/C and our room was in the rear of hotel near railroad tracks with a lot of train activity.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Norm
"My San Diego Trip"
Great location. Rooms were clean, and the service was fantastic. I got a good deal on the prices. I would stay here again.
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015