All hotels in Seattle, Washington, United States of America
4507 Brooklyn Avenue NESeattleWA98105United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Decent vibe
    Food is all right
    Regular internet service
"Good stay but with Bumps in the road"
Hotel was nice. Sky View not actually the higher floors... The people are the front desk are very friendly. The Decor was very nice in the room and bathroom, although the shower head was small and weak. The Tv was kind of small too, although they have HDMI ports and a DVD player (You could also rent movies free charge, although we didn't take the opportunity). Hotel accidentally double booked my hotel room, which caused a family of four trying to get into our room at night. (It was at 1 am or so, They were finicking with the door, so I looked through the peephole in the door. Made me believe they simply had the wrong room, until their key actually managed to open the door...) Besides that mishap, the hotel room itself was fine. They had a great restaurant/bar below the lobby, and it was located near Washington University. Nearby you can find great cheap eateries. People walking nearby streets are most likely College students, (although there is an apparent Homeless population, Some during the day, but especially at night.)
4 night romance trip Sep 2, 2015
"Nice Place"
Everything was as expected except the room service. There was no menu in our room. We called down for a menu and none came. I had to go downstairs to get the menu and then called right at 5pm when the restaurant supposedly opened. They said it may take longer than 45 minutes because they were busy, even though I called right when they were open. I know the restaurant is not directly part of the hotel, but this is a basic service I would expect from a hotel like Hotel Deca, and it was below my expectations
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Aaron
Nice place, just wouldn't rate it a 4 out of 5 stars.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
"Room was crazy small, staff was awesome"
The room was small, the closet was actually bigger than the room. The staff was awesome, funny with no pretensions. The restaraunt was decent, I had the fish and chips, but the batter was really heavy..... Should have had the pot pie, looked really good.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
joe
We arrived late in the evening so we couldn't take advantage of the surroundings. But, the room was perfectly fine, the beds comfortable and also the temperature of the room. If I had to do one thing differently I would have spent time finding another place to have breakfast.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
"Nice place to stay."
Got a free upgrade at check-in, everybody very friendly.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
"Won't be coming again."
It wasn't enjoyable at all. I had to pump breast milk and there wasn't a fridge available to keep it safe. I had to keep refilling ice to keep it cold. The pictures of the bathrooms were luxurious and the bathroom we had was tiny and the tub was nothing like the picture. There was no microwave, no complimentary breakfast, it was expensive. Had to pay for parking which I don't remember being stated on the website for the hotel, which is absolutist ridiculous. I won't be coming again.
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Samantha
"Awesome find. Super accommodating staff."
This hotel was extremely accommodating. I was traveling with the recent injury and they were able to get me a room early and late check out to accommodate my long weekend visit there. By being able to rest, they enhanced my weekend in Seattle and I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent resting in the hotel. Rooms were nice with a good view, the bathrooms are small (as you'd expect from an older hotel) but the bathroom and bedroom are decorated with taste and comfort in mind. We were able to walk to several restaurants and the drive into downtown was easy.
2 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Rebecca
"AVERAGE"
Small rooms- No coffee in the room,
2 night business trip Aug 8, 2015
Anshuman
"Convenient and cute"
My business visit was very short so the room served my purposes well, but the in-room equipment was slim. No coffee pot, hairdryer, microwave or fridge.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Nice room without the anticipated view."
The room was comfortable and well appointed. My biggest disappointment was that the untitled view from the roof photo on the website proved to be the exclusive view only for those in the penthouse suites. The photo needs to be captioned as the "penthouse view".
3 night trip with friends Aug 4, 2015
Carl L
"pretty funky but efficient"
Hotel Deca is pretty funky; dated, kinda odd building and decor, etc. Staff was helpful and nice. Their touted morning coffee service was a fail...powdered creamer, really?
2 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
Sheila
"Not a good place for vacationers"
We stayed two nights. We were surprised by how small the deluxe room was, the picture made it look larger than it is. It would be fine for a single business traveler, but it is awkward for a couple. The desk and one chair is on one side of the room, the other chair is on the other side of the room. There isn't much room between the end of the bed and the TV, so you can't just take the chair over to the desk so you can both look at the computer to plan your next day. The sky view room that we got did show Mt. Rainier very well, right beside the hotel across the street, amongst the ugly buildings. The bathroom is small, sink area is small. Makes it difficult for a couple to share. It is an old hotel that has been remodeled. The coffee shop in the lobby is only open during the daytime, when most vacationers are off doing things. It isn't open in the evening when you're most likely to want to go there. On the map, the location looked convenient to the marina and downtown Seattle, but it isn't. The traffic is so horrible except very early or very late that it takes forever to get anywhere, frustrating stop light by stop light, block by block. And don't make a wrong turn, you'll pay in time. Next time we will stay downtown Seattle, the prices weren't that much more and we can take alternate transportation (walk, etc.).
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
MS
"Good stay with some neighbourhood noise"
good stay, but can hear neighbourhood
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"Decent hotel but pretty old rooms."
It was fine for 1 night but definitely not as luxurious as advertised.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"Meh......"
It was an ok hotel. Nothing that special. Big down side was there was no in room coffee or any coffee available at the hotel.
1 night romance trip Jul 29, 2015
"Birthday getaway"
Daniel was awesome
4 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"Great food, lousey bed"
The hotel was beautiful and the food in the lounge was fantastic (limited menu)but the bed was so hard and you could feel springs in it. It was a very cheap mattress. We won't stay there again because of this-but we will go have dinner in the lounge!
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
"Not convenient unless you visit University of Was."
I booked for 3 person and end of one person sleep on the floor. No pull out bed and cotton bottom since fire regulation. Not the same description from Expedia given.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Great location. Nice mix of old and new in hotel.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"Classy decor for a mini room."
Room was extremely small-should have been considered a single rather than a room for more than one person. If I'd had a tape measure I would have measured the bed as I couldn't believe it was a standard double bed (small). Bed was jammed up against wall so I had to climb over my husband to get in and out. Kind of like our old VW camper. If I'd known we were going to get charged $20 to park I would have stayed in the only slightly more expensive alternative hotel instead. I hear the rooms and beds are full sized too. Very clean and cool decor.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
"Unexpected Gem"
Made reservation because it was close to UW Hospital and it was lowest price nice hotel. The desk staff were great, the parking was easy, the location is great, the room was small but elegant and the view was 5 star. I have told many friends about Hotel Decca and I will stay there again if I have the opportunity.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
Greg
"College orientation, only hotel available through"
You would think for the price of the room they could afford small coffee makers for each room!! If you book through expedia and pay over $300 a night for the room, sorry but you don't rate high enough for after breakfast!! Even though your paying the same amount !! The location was good!!
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
It was a really nice decor and perfect temperature in the room. The area itself is a little sketchy ! I wish there was a refrigerator or microwave . Overall nice hotel and staff !
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Eve
The only negative is it didn't have a microwave in the room. Other than that, quality room. 5 mins highway drive from downtown center
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Cameron
"Almost worth the price"
The location is good and the U District is super cute. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Anything involving food is outsourced to the restaurant so bring your own plates/ utensils if you plan on eating in your room. Don't use the door tags to notify housekeeping to clean the room. This confuses them. My room wasn't cleaned 2 days out of 5 which was disappointing..
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Del
"Nice hotel just outside downtown Seattle"
The hotel itself is in good conditions, the lobby and lounge area are great, and the staff is friendly. The rooms and bathrooms where modern and clean. My only complain was that the wifi is spotty at best, but I spent most of my time out in the city, so this was no big deal to me. Also, it is not in the best of neighborhoods (plus there is currently a lot of construction going on right now), but I did feel safe, so just be ready for that.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
Place is nice and friendly. They have a wagon full of toys for kids to pick out.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
Thai
"Very Neat Looking"
Great hotel and location, neat design, and very helpful staff.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Bed was to hard pillows not clean sheets very rough. Parking lot had lots of trash everywhere. Staff was very nice.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
guest
"Great location ."
We liked the hotel so much we stayed their again when got back into the city.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
"Not up to expectation"
Room wasn't as clean as it should be. Wasn't noticeable right away but as you looked around there was a large crumb on the floir, large tear in the sheer drape, hair on the bathroom floor, etc. Would prefer small toiletries vs full size shampoo, conditioner, body wash secured on the shower wall.
2 night business trip Jul 6, 2015
Tonja
"Nice Art Deco Hotel"
The room was larger than a standard hotel sized room. I paid for upgraded view and it was great, perfect view of space needle. I stayed 6 nights and had a nice time.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
Jan
"No receipt"
Was pleased that they agreed to waive the $20 parking fee for the night. Room had only one corner window that was blocked by a desk and the closet was bigger than the bathroom. When asked for receipt they refused and would not even tell me how much I was being billed will definitely be keeping an eye on my account.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
Carrie
"Misleading"
I stayed at the Deca Hotel for my 2nd anniversary. A big reason that I chose this hotle was the amazing rooftop restaurant that was shown on their website. After a lovely meal at another restaurant, we opted to have dessert at the rooftop restaurant. Upon check in, we learned that there was no such restaurant. The photo was of a top floor room with a patio. The desk clerk aplologized, saying it was misleading, she has spoken with managment but...The clerk was kind enough to give us two free coupons for their coffee shop and we went there the next morning. Sadly after taking our coupons we were informed that the machine was being repaired and could we wait a while. It is a nice looking and comfortable hotel. The dedk clerks was very nice and personable.
1 night romance trip Jul 6, 2015
Kris
"Convienient to the UW"
Quiet stay near the university. Within walking distance of Gas Works, Ivar's and trails. Had a very nice stay near my OSHA classes.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
MLB
"Piece of Deliciousness"
Fantastically decorated and very delightful.
2 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
Kamran
"Not bad for the price"
Overall, a nice place. Clean, modern look. Elevators suck and air conditioning not so great. Neighborhood was loaded with homeless people, all pretty friendly though.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Great time. Wish they had complementary breakfast included in stay.
Other trip Jul 5, 2015
Very nice boutique hotel. Staff very friendly, rooms comfortable and stylish. Great views and great location!
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
"Nice!"
Loved it here. Front desk personnel was amazing. Had problems with room next door and they handled it immediately. Would stay again.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Betty
"Need a little more AC"
We have stayed here a few times and always had a pleasant time. This time it was hot in Seattle so we were looking for a little relief in the form of air conditioning in the room. The air conditioner did not meet our expectations. It was blowing, but never cooled the room off enough.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Patrick
"Nice hotel but some age-related issues"
First, let me state I would stay there again. This was my second stay. The hotel is in a good location near the University. The room appointments are nice. The staff is most helpful. There is a Tully's coffee shop on the ground floor (no room coffee makers) so great coffee is readily available. The restaurant has a limited menu but it was well executed. Bar is first class with a good selection of northwest brews on tap. Good city views on one side and view of the 520 bridge on the other. I prefer the west facing city view as the morning sun can be a bit much. The only negatives I have found in two stays are related to the age of the hotel, which is also a major piece of its charm. The walls do not afford much sound deadening so you may hear a neighbor's toilet seat slamming or a person talking loud on a cell phone in the corridor or room doors slamming. The wifi access at least on my floor was very sketchy and slow. Like I say, I would stay there again.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
"I was so looking forward to stay this hotel"
Room was too small. But a lot of pillows on the bed, they bothered us.
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
"Great hotel - Superior staff!!!"
I have to say that the staff was the friendliest and most helpful!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is wanting to stay in Seattle area. Great little shops and places to eat. We loved it. But most of all - the staff - they were ALL super nice and friendly.
3 night business trip May 30, 2015
Desiree
"Nice hotel to stay in Seattle"
Very nice hotel to stay in Seattle. Our room is very clean and the beds are very very comfort. The staff in the hotel are very nice and friendly. Recommend this hotel!!
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
"Swanky!"
Staff were awesome. Customer service oriented. I had a late check in and they had everything ready for me when I checked in after midnight. They also offered bottled water and apples. The front desk staff helped more than one customer at a time which is a huge improvement to today's customer service experience.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
Birdie
"Beautiful Hotel & Great Place To Stay"
I was in town on a photo adventure with a group of friends. We had many rooms between us all, and everyone was happy. The staff was excellent and super friendly. The lobby was comfortable to hang out in and chat. Having a fantastic coffee shop in the hotel is awesome too. Of course the rooms were great and we had a sweet view of the Space Needle.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
"Location! Location! Location!"
The best thing about this hotel is the proximity to UW. It is easy to get to from the I-5 and once you are there you can walk to UW. The staff is very nice too. This is basically an old hotel that has had some renovations. The bed was comfortable and the room was a good size. The decor is odd, a strange mish mash of styles and parts are somewhat garish. There is a coffee shop in the lobby and a restaurant in the lower level (didn't eat there). On site parking is $20/day. I would stay there again because it was comfortable and the location is great!
2 night business trip Jun 2, 2015
"Touring Seattle for the 1st time"
The Hotel Deca was very nice. We were hoping to book a hotel closer to all the attractions but we started planning last minute. The room was great, 2 queen beds for my 2 daughters and my husband and I. We did have to request an extra bath towel each night for our 5 night stay even though they knew there were 4 of us in the room. It was nice that there was a couch in the room. 2 complaints though. The first is that the bathroom light switch was on the outside of the room and when someone needed to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, the light would disturb those sleeping near the door before one could get the door closed. The second complaint is the parking places were VERY tight. I realize they were trying to fit in as many cars as they could but it was sometimes difficult opening the car door without hitting the next car. Other than that, we would still highly recommend the Hotel Deca.
Other trip Jun 5, 2015