All hotels in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here2852 Douglas St, Victoria, BC, V8T4M5, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Quiet and clean"
Property was quiet and clean and the staff was efficient and friendly...we would stay again
1 night trip Nov 22, 2013
"Always a nice stay.."
I frequently stay at this hotel on business. Can't beat the location and the hotel is very clean and the staff are great. I also love the pool although I wish it opened earlier in the morning. My only complaint is that I find the beds a bit hard, not enough to interfere in my sleep and not enough to prevent me from coming back, just a bit more firm than I usually find in hotels and not to my personal preference.
2 night trip Oct 7, 2013
Brenda
"Generally good but horrible bed"
I'm a road warrior. All I ever want are clean sheets, high speed internet, free parking, and an edible reasonable breakfast. The value was decent, and staff were courteous. Centrally located. The one issue, and it may not be with every room, was a really crummy bed. I pay for sleep. This was a really non supportive mattress.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
Bryce
"Nice place to stay"
The front desk person was very efficient and friendly, the room was clean although I found the bed a tiny bit hard, and the hotel was clean and quiet. I have no complaints and would stay there again. Parents should note that the onsite restaurant is a bar and grill so you have to go elsewhere to eat (they have a breakfast area in the morning) but there are many restaurants in walking distance.
2 night business trip Sep 23, 2013
"housekeeping was non existent"
We were astounded that there was no basic housekeeping. Beds not made. Used glasses/cups were not replaced. Nothing dusted. When we checked in beds were poorly made ... we are left to wonder if the sheets were even changed between guests....yuck!!
2 night family trip Sep 13, 2013
kathy
I have stayed at this location before. I was kind of shocked to see that no one had bothered to vaccuum the hallways leading to the rooms. I was on two different floors and noticed that both hallways where dirty. I was very pleased with my dinning experience in the pub. The waitress and the manager went over the top to make sure my dinning experience was amazing. I did ask for a complimentary upgrade if one was available and was told because I booked through a third party "hotels.com" I did not qualify. If I had booked through the hotel, I would qualify????? I was also told I did not qualify for their rewards program because I did not book with the hotel directly. I travel a lot and I am starting to find that most of the hotel staff are saying this to me. I simply reply, that one site "hotels.com" is way more convienient for me to book with than searching out a bunch of individual hotel sites for each booking I have to do.
1 night business trip Sep 8, 2013
"Close to amenities"
Was very nice clean and quiet I'd stay again big nice pool
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
"A good place to stay"
My wife and son and I stayed on Aug 30th thru Sept 1st. We needed to have something convenient to both the wharf area and the University. It was a 5 minute drive to the wharf area and little longer to the U of Vic. We found the location great. Hotel was updated and clean, the staff was efficient. We requested a pet friendly room and it was great as well. It had a little kitchenette that was better than we needed. We will be going back to Victoria to visit our son at U of Vic and will stay at the Sandman, Good Job!
3 night business trip Aug 30, 2013
Very bad staff & service. I won't back to this hotel. It was very bad experience.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
Lale
"Good location, not to far from downtown / harbour"
Overall excellent, friendly staff and decent facilities
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
The bed was way too hard and the pop machine was out of pop on second floor
1 night trip Aug 21, 2013
Verla
"Very nice hotel just 2 minutes ride from downtown"
Booked into this hotel on-line at very short notice. Check-in was quick. Loved the room and all the facilities at the hotel.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
Mervin
"Worth considering this hotel"
Hotel room was comfortable and quite. The Island Link bus was very convenient because it picks up passengers in the carpark going to various destinations e.g. Nanaimo Ferry Terminal, Whistler etc. Hotel bar & grill adjoins the hotel lobby and nice meals are served until late in the evening. Bus stop near hotel and cost was only $2.50 (must be exact coins) to travel "downtown".
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
Jackie
"Pretty good."
Walking wise, its too far from the harbour front which is the ideal location to stay in Victoria, especially if you are a tourist. The rooms are old, and the view is lousy, but the staff are friendly and the Shark club is a great pub/restaurant though they dont allow children which is a BC legal issue rather than something unique to the Shark Club. If you are in Victoria on business, and dont need to see the city, its a good option. If you are on holiday, especially with children, there are better options.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
"Good value, but remember the sports bar"
The hotel was good value for the summer season in Victoria. When we arrived Friday night, the parking lot was full and lots of noise coming from the Shark Club a sports bar. When we checked in, a Japanese group was arriving, and the desk clerk had some trouble coping. Then the key card he gave my wife didn't work when she tried to get into the garage. Straightening that out was frustrating, but ultimately OK. The clerk called our room to ask if we had gotten into the garage all right. Some guests aren't happy with the sports bar, but there is a small restaurant for breakfast this is fine. We didn't go into the club this time.
4 night trip Jul 19, 2013
Polanco
Decent room for the price. Not a lot of choices forms last minute booking but would stay there again.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
If you don't mind the noise form the main street, the hotel is located at a very convenient location. You do need to drive to the harbour, and some visitors who have no access to vehicles may find this to be inconvenient.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
Stephen
"Close to downtown area but dirty"
Overall we thought the hotel was quite good - room was a bit outdated but overall area was clean, check-in was quick and easy, and location was very good, close to downtown area. We stayed for 2 nights and unfortunately, right before we checked out I found blood stains on one of the bedsheets (I happened to pull the bed sheet/cover sheet out) and the stain was down by the feet area so we didn't see it before. We talked to the hotel manager about it and they said laundry service would have seen it. It was an unfortunate ending to what could've been a good stay.
2 night family trip Jul 11, 2013
"Great Business Spot"
The hotel staff were very helpful and professional. My second time here, and I will come back. The room was quiet and clean. Not a new hotel, but very well kept.
1 night business trip Jul 3, 2013
"Sandman Hotel Victoria"
This is the first time I have stayed in Victoria's Sandman Hotel. Being in the military I was being transferred to the UK for 3 years and I was only supposed to be here for a week. Well due to UK visa difficulties I ended up staying almost 3. This is a great hotel. If you want to walk to downtown Victoria its about 20 minutes but there is continuous bus service 1 minute walk from the hotel. My room had a queen size bed/kitchenette two TVs and other furniture. Spacious and very comfortable at a great price. Sharkys restaurant and bar is attached to the hotel and serves great pub fare to the later hours of the night. There is conference rooms as well as a little restaurant beside the lobby were you can grab some breakfast if you choose.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
"Noise was taking care"
Very good services .Some guests were making noise during the night and after calling the reception, someone from the safety of the hotel came and took care of those people and the quietness came back very fast.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
"Convenient location - easy access to many sights"
Great - no problems at all.
2 night trip Jun 18, 2013
bmoir
"Sandman Stay"
Sandman Inn served our purpose. A noisy location par-tiers down the hall. House cleaning missed socks from a previous quest and we must have missed our chance to get our room cleaned as we had to go to the front desk for towels and coffee. Great location. Would consider another stay the price was right.
2 night trip Jun 15, 2013
Tim D.
The biggest complaint was that the pool was too cold and also we had wanted to have breakfast in the hotel but there was no one to serve us. Otherwise we were very pleased and would stay there again.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
"Basic"
nothing special. felt a bit run down. convenient because we needed one night before flying out--the island express bus stops there--otherwise, I don't see why we would have stayed there.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
Kayaker
"Clean"
Good basic accommodations. Relatively clean hotel.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
"A good location, close to town and conveniences."
It was very good. Nice place and very convenient.
1 night trip with friends May 24, 2013
"Very Good Stay and would return"
This hotel has comfortable rooms and a very friendly staff at the reception and restaurants. There is a very nice sports bar on the premisses.
Other trip May 21, 2013
"not overly impressed"
Would have expected more of a TV selection. As we as the ability to rent movies through PPV. The taps leaked and it took 24 hours to get the bath tub to empty. For the price I paid for a a KING suite, i would have expected better for sure
Other trip May 4, 2013
shorty30
"Cold hot tub"
Great service but cold hot tub rooms are clean and comfy
Other trip Apr 27, 2013
"Not much for food options"
The hotel is great, but there isn't much near by for diner options in the immediate area. Plus the road network near there is brutal to navigate. But overall decent.
3 night trip Apr 7, 2013
"Clean hotel and friendly staff"
The Sandman Victoria is a excellent place to stay if you do not mind taking a 5 minute cab ride or a 10 minute bus ride to downtown. The rooms are very clean, they have a pool and hot tub and the staff is friendly. I would recommend this hotel and would stay at it again.
1 night trip with friends Dec 28, 2012
"Floor"
all was good. just noticed that the floor in the bathroom under the door could have been a bit cleaner.
Other trip Dec 28, 2012
A very short business stay, but it was great! Only concern I had was the heating of the room - too hot one minute and too cold the next. I couldn't balance it as much as I tried. Other than that, I shall return!!! Great Staff.
1 night trip Dec 8, 2012
Allyson
"OK"
Staff are straightforward. "Sharks Club" bar is teaser bar - waitresses with breasts on display, advertisements suggesting you "might get something extra", patronized by boys desperate to display their machoness and slimy older men chatting up the young waitresses. An annoying atmosphere if you're just looking for a place to drink & talk. I ordered french toast & fruit salad for breakfast at the restaurant - it took half an hour to prepare, made me late, and came tasting bitter, with bits of burnt onion stuck to the toast. Wooden bits of pineapple, tasteless cubes of watermelon. But the desk, cleaners & maintenance staff were nice and straightforward.
Other trip Oct 12, 2012
"satisfied customer"
Could not open window therefore had to run air conditioner all night and it was very loud. But great location...was able to walk everywhere from here. But for the price / night the hotel could use an update.
Other trip Oct 9, 2012
Deb
"Close to down town"
Great
Business trip Oct 8, 2012
"Happy with Sandman on Douglas in Victoria B.C."
Nice clean room, we were upgraded to a suite:) Forgot our coats in the closet, got prompt service in returning them, very happy will stay here again.
Other trip Oct 7, 2012
Melanie
"Comfortable, priced well and convenient"
Thought it was great. The best part is the parking. I find that some hotels make parking a hassle and the Sandman seems to always make it easy. For some reason, parking is a big stress about staying at a hotel sometimes and it's good to see Sandman making it easy and free.
Other trip Oct 1, 2012
"close to tourist sites"
i was dissapointed in the size of the so called queen bed so we obvisely had to do an upgrade,
Other trip Sep 25, 2012
j sutherland
"Okay hotel but good location"
Carpets and bedspreads need replacing, generally clean, pool not heated but staff was courteous and accommodating. Convenient location.
Other trip Sep 10, 2012
it was excellent as this was my fourth time to stay in the hotel. I always stay only one night each so not enough to make a perfect rating, otherwise over all is very satisfied. thank you.
Other trip Sep 10, 2012
"Central location with nice size rooms and faciliti"
Only problem were the carpets in the breakfast area are filthy and look like they never get cleaned. Easy fix, don't understand why they can't steam clean them.
Family trip Sep 10, 2012
When we booked the room it said we had a family suite where we could be apart from the kids when they were sleeping. It wasn't the same suite and really small. Disappointing.
Family trip Sep 5, 2012
Kali
"Very clean and friendly, look forward to next time"
The staff at this location went out of their way to make sure that our stay was perfectly enjoyable. The room was very clean and comfortable. The pool area was clean and well maintained. I didn't use the gym area, but I did look inside, and the equipment appeared to be in good repair and very clean. Every staff member we saw, including the cleaning crew, greeted us with smiles. Though the location of the hotel isn't as good as many of the others in town, I will most likely stay here again.
Other trip Sep 3, 2012
Tony
I have never before been charged in advance for "incidentals" in any other hotel/motel. Is this something new? The carpet was severely marked with any "iron" by some previous guest. The toilet seat was terribly loose. The "old" tv was not a clear picture on any channel.
Other trip Sep 2, 2012
Other guests residing on same floor kept their childred running and slamming doors until about midnight!
Other trip Sep 2, 2012
Front desk staff awesome. Quiet and clean room. Missed having a fridge in the room! Morning breakfast set up and service wasn't up to par.
Monica
"Very good especially for the price"
I enjoyed my stay at the Sandman Victoria the front desk people are very good, polite and quick to serve. It's a little ways to the downtown core, but the rate reflects that. The room was quite and clean. My only complaint would be that on the 3rd floor there is an ice machine that fills that whole end of the floor with noise it really should be shut in it's own sound-proof room. In short I would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 30, 2012
Kuhl
"From Kelowna"
Enjoyed the stay very much and would come back again
Other trip Aug 29, 2012