All hotels in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
2852 Douglas St, Victoria, BC, V8T4M5, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice Hotel Bad Food"
The bed was comfortable and the hotel quiet. It was easy to get in and out of the parking lot. The room service was horrible, it was one of the worst meals I have ever had. We ordered pizza and the crust was still like dough, soft and not cooked, and spaghetti sauce was used instead of tomato sauce. It took over an hour to get the food and they forgot part of the order which we got a half hr later after calling them to get it. I would stay here again but do not eat their food.
1 night trip Jul 14, 2014
Beds could use improvement(very hard) but other than that a great hotel.
1 night business trip Jul 6, 2014
"Great hotal must try this thanks"
We was feel so gteat about sandman hotal thanks we have relax and fun
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Won't be back."
I did belong to their loyalty program. Stay 12 nights get 13th stay free. Because we booked our room on line that doesn't count towards the free night. I'm out, no more Sandman Inns for me. And as the young lady who signed us in said. "Well sir, life is full of choices, and you have to read the fine print. ".
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Don
"I paid for a kitchen and king bed"
I booked my stay at the Sandman in Victoria through Expedia for a cat show that I was showing at on Saturday and Sunday June 21 and 22 2014. I was promised a kitchen and king bed but arrived to a queen bed and no kitchen. My son and I were fine sleeping in the queen bed, however we really counted on the kitchen (or at least a refridgerator) due to the fact that I had to store raw food for my cat. I was told by the hotel staff that they couldn't help me with that and that I was left with the room we had been given with no refridgerator.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Carmen Klassen
We had a very enjoyable stay
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Katty
it was great!
1 night trip May 16, 2014
coughlin
"Victoria Day Parade"
everything was great except the the restaurant poor service which we dealt with the next day with the restaurant manager
1 night trip May 18, 2014
Deborah Munday
Stayed here many times because of location, comfortable and quiet rooms, friendly staff and reasonable rate with plenty of parking.
1 night business trip Apr 18, 2014
KL
"Needed a place to stay for my surgery."
We had booked a room with 2 double beds and we ended up with a room with 1 queen bed. We had to pay the price of the room with 2 double beds. The hotel doesn't have anything to do with Expedia bookings so we were unable to get a credit. I will not book with Expedia again and will book any rooms with the hotel itself. The staff was very nice. The room was very small and didn't have a mini fridge or microwave.
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
"Nice hotel, but room needs an upgrade"
The room was spacious enough, clean and comfortable, but I didn't really like the old fashioned sheet-and-blanket on the bed. I prefer a duvet cover, which can easily be pulled up for more warmth. The furniture was a little old but decent, and I liked the secure underground parking.
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
Sam
"Great venue for hair people"
Very helpful staff and an overall good venue for hair shows/classes.
2 night business trip Mar 22, 2014
Jackie
"Quiet and comfortable stay"
We found it to be a very pleasant place. The big problem was a lack of continental breakfast and a dining experience that was very bad. The Shark Cafe was all loud music, sports bar, full cleavage waitresses who were only interested in pushing drinks.
1 night business trip Feb 14, 2014
galm
"Good Value Hotel within a short drive to downtown"
The rooms are a bit dated however clean and comfortable. Slow wi-fi but was told that they could reset it
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
"Close to appointment"
I chose this Sandman as it was close to where I had my Victoria appointment. One night, one appointment then returned home.
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
Larz
"More than I expected"
It was a pleasant surprise to find the hotel was very clean, quiet and still right in the middle of where I needed to be. The staff were friendly and professional. My room was comfortable and the coffee was decent. Access to the business centre was easy and very helpful. Loved the breakfast room and the restaurant. I will stay there on my next trip to Victoria.
Other trip Jan 29, 2014
"Quiet and clean"
Property was quiet and clean and the staff was efficient and friendly...we would stay again
1 night trip Nov 22, 2013
"Always a nice stay.."
I frequently stay at this hotel on business. Can't beat the location and the hotel is very clean and the staff are great. I also love the pool although I wish it opened earlier in the morning. My only complaint is that I find the beds a bit hard, not enough to interfere in my sleep and not enough to prevent me from coming back, just a bit more firm than I usually find in hotels and not to my personal preference.
2 night trip Oct 7, 2013
Brenda
"Generally good but horrible bed"
I'm a road warrior. All I ever want are clean sheets, high speed internet, free parking, and an edible reasonable breakfast. The value was decent, and staff were courteous. Centrally located. The one issue, and it may not be with every room, was a really crummy bed. I pay for sleep. This was a really non supportive mattress.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
Bryce
"Nice place to stay"
The front desk person was very efficient and friendly, the room was clean although I found the bed a tiny bit hard, and the hotel was clean and quiet. I have no complaints and would stay there again. Parents should note that the onsite restaurant is a bar and grill so you have to go elsewhere to eat (they have a breakfast area in the morning) but there are many restaurants in walking distance.
2 night business trip Sep 23, 2013
"housekeeping was non existent"
We were astounded that there was no basic housekeeping. Beds not made. Used glasses/cups were not replaced. Nothing dusted. When we checked in beds were poorly made ... we are left to wonder if the sheets were even changed between guests....yuck!!
2 night family trip Sep 13, 2013
kathy
I have stayed at this location before. I was kind of shocked to see that no one had bothered to vaccuum the hallways leading to the rooms. I was on two different floors and noticed that both hallways where dirty. I was very pleased with my dinning experience in the pub. The waitress and the manager went over the top to make sure my dinning experience was amazing. I did ask for a complimentary upgrade if one was available and was told because I booked through a third party "hotels.com" I did not qualify. If I had booked through the hotel, I would qualify????? I was also told I did not qualify for their rewards program because I did not book with the hotel directly. I travel a lot and I am starting to find that most of the hotel staff are saying this to me. I simply reply, that one site "hotels.com" is way more convienient for me to book with than searching out a bunch of individual hotel sites for each booking I have to do.
1 night business trip Sep 8, 2013
"Close to amenities"
Was very nice clean and quiet I'd stay again big nice pool
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
"A good place to stay"
My wife and son and I stayed on Aug 30th thru Sept 1st. We needed to have something convenient to both the wharf area and the University. It was a 5 minute drive to the wharf area and little longer to the U of Vic. We found the location great. Hotel was updated and clean, the staff was efficient. We requested a pet friendly room and it was great as well. It had a little kitchenette that was better than we needed. We will be going back to Victoria to visit our son at U of Vic and will stay at the Sandman, Good Job!
3 night business trip Aug 30, 2013
Very bad staff & service. I won't back to this hotel. It was very bad experience.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
Lale
"Good location, not to far from downtown / harbour"
Overall excellent, friendly staff and decent facilities
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
The bed was way too hard and the pop machine was out of pop on second floor
1 night trip Aug 21, 2013
Verla
"Very nice hotel just 2 minutes ride from downtown"
Booked into this hotel on-line at very short notice. Check-in was quick. Loved the room and all the facilities at the hotel.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
Mervin
"Worth considering this hotel"
Hotel room was comfortable and quite. The Island Link bus was very convenient because it picks up passengers in the carpark going to various destinations e.g. Nanaimo Ferry Terminal, Whistler etc. Hotel bar & grill adjoins the hotel lobby and nice meals are served until late in the evening. Bus stop near hotel and cost was only $2.50 (must be exact coins) to travel "downtown".
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
Jackie
"Pretty good."
Walking wise, its too far from the harbour front which is the ideal location to stay in Victoria, especially if you are a tourist. The rooms are old, and the view is lousy, but the staff are friendly and the Shark club is a great pub/restaurant though they dont allow children which is a BC legal issue rather than something unique to the Shark Club. If you are in Victoria on business, and dont need to see the city, its a good option. If you are on holiday, especially with children, there are better options.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
"Good value, but remember the sports bar"
The hotel was good value for the summer season in Victoria. When we arrived Friday night, the parking lot was full and lots of noise coming from the Shark Club a sports bar. When we checked in, a Japanese group was arriving, and the desk clerk had some trouble coping. Then the key card he gave my wife didn't work when she tried to get into the garage. Straightening that out was frustrating, but ultimately OK. The clerk called our room to ask if we had gotten into the garage all right. Some guests aren't happy with the sports bar, but there is a small restaurant for breakfast this is fine. We didn't go into the club this time.
4 night trip Jul 19, 2013
Polanco
Decent room for the price. Not a lot of choices forms last minute booking but would stay there again.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
If you don't mind the noise form the main street, the hotel is located at a very convenient location. You do need to drive to the harbour, and some visitors who have no access to vehicles may find this to be inconvenient.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
Stephen
"Close to downtown area but dirty"
Overall we thought the hotel was quite good - room was a bit outdated but overall area was clean, check-in was quick and easy, and location was very good, close to downtown area. We stayed for 2 nights and unfortunately, right before we checked out I found blood stains on one of the bedsheets (I happened to pull the bed sheet/cover sheet out) and the stain was down by the feet area so we didn't see it before. We talked to the hotel manager about it and they said laundry service would have seen it. It was an unfortunate ending to what could've been a good stay.
2 night family trip Jul 11, 2013
"Great Business Spot"
The hotel staff were very helpful and professional. My second time here, and I will come back. The room was quiet and clean. Not a new hotel, but very well kept.
1 night business trip Jul 3, 2013
"Sandman Hotel Victoria"
This is the first time I have stayed in Victoria's Sandman Hotel. Being in the military I was being transferred to the UK for 3 years and I was only supposed to be here for a week. Well due to UK visa difficulties I ended up staying almost 3. This is a great hotel. If you want to walk to downtown Victoria its about 20 minutes but there is continuous bus service 1 minute walk from the hotel. My room had a queen size bed/kitchenette two TVs and other furniture. Spacious and very comfortable at a great price. Sharkys restaurant and bar is attached to the hotel and serves great pub fare to the later hours of the night. There is conference rooms as well as a little restaurant beside the lobby were you can grab some breakfast if you choose.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
"Noise was taking care"
Very good services .Some guests were making noise during the night and after calling the reception, someone from the safety of the hotel came and took care of those people and the quietness came back very fast.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
"Convenient location - easy access to many sights"
Great - no problems at all.
2 night trip Jun 18, 2013
bmoir
"Sandman Stay"
Sandman Inn served our purpose. A noisy location par-tiers down the hall. House cleaning missed socks from a previous quest and we must have missed our chance to get our room cleaned as we had to go to the front desk for towels and coffee. Great location. Would consider another stay the price was right.
2 night trip Jun 15, 2013
Tim D.
The biggest complaint was that the pool was too cold and also we had wanted to have breakfast in the hotel but there was no one to serve us. Otherwise we were very pleased and would stay there again.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
"Basic"
nothing special. felt a bit run down. convenient because we needed one night before flying out--the island express bus stops there--otherwise, I don't see why we would have stayed there.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
Kayaker
"Clean"
Good basic accommodations. Relatively clean hotel.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
"A good location, close to town and conveniences."
It was very good. Nice place and very convenient.
1 night trip with friends May 24, 2013
"Very Good Stay and would return"
This hotel has comfortable rooms and a very friendly staff at the reception and restaurants. There is a very nice sports bar on the premisses.
Other trip May 21, 2013
"not overly impressed"
Would have expected more of a TV selection. As we as the ability to rent movies through PPV. The taps leaked and it took 24 hours to get the bath tub to empty. For the price I paid for a a KING suite, i would have expected better for sure
Other trip May 4, 2013
shorty30
"Cold hot tub"
Great service but cold hot tub rooms are clean and comfy
Other trip Apr 27, 2013
"Not much for food options"
The hotel is great, but there isn't much near by for diner options in the immediate area. Plus the road network near there is brutal to navigate. But overall decent.
3 night trip Apr 7, 2013
"Clean hotel and friendly staff"
The Sandman Victoria is a excellent place to stay if you do not mind taking a 5 minute cab ride or a 10 minute bus ride to downtown. The rooms are very clean, they have a pool and hot tub and the staff is friendly. I would recommend this hotel and would stay at it again.
1 night trip with friends Dec 28, 2012
"Floor"
all was good. just noticed that the floor in the bathroom under the door could have been a bit cleaner.
Other trip Dec 28, 2012
A very short business stay, but it was great! Only concern I had was the heating of the room - too hot one minute and too cold the next. I couldn't balance it as much as I tried. Other than that, I shall return!!! Great Staff.
1 night trip Dec 8, 2012