All hotels in Groveland, California, United States of America
7633 State Highway 120, Groveland, CA, 95321, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Decent Hotel"
Nice hotel pretty close to the west gate entrance. We went during off season and just spent one night. The hotel was clean and everything was remideled and updated. The toiletries are generic and I was glad I brought my own. Of course it's not the Hilton in San Francisco but still much better than a motel 6. The restaurant next to the hotel is closed thanksgiving through February and there is no convenience store close by. Thank goodness we knew this ahead of time and brought food and snacks. There is a microwave and fridge in the room. There's a nice small playground and plenty of grass area, if it wasn't dark when we arrived the kids would have played football out there. The pool was also closed for the season but probably would have been fun if the weather were warmer. Overall nice and clean, definitely served well for an overnight stay. Of note, there is no early check in. We arrived at 10 am but were advised we could not check in until 11 am. No biggie we just went into the park and checked in when we came back in the evening. It would have been nice to be able to unload some of our luggage though and with other hotels we think it's nice to check in early to get it out of the way.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Yosemite"
good hotel
1 night romance trip Jan 25, 2015
"As close as possible to the park"
We spent only two nights, but it was enough for us to live it. We think that it worth each cent we spent. That's all. If you need something sophisticated, have a look in other places. Three main points: good location, clean room and new furniture. Perfect.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Wagmon
"Hotel was just average"
Hotel clerk could definitely use some customer training he was really crude and just plain rude. Room was fine nothing out of the ordinary I give them props on the cleanliness other than that it was just average
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Nice and quiet place with all necessary amenities"
Comfy beds, quiet place, friendly staff, coffee and tea for free, even microwave available in the room. It was a very pleasant stay.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
Barbora
Very Enjoyable, Great Staff and Amazingly Simple Room
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Good Hotel"
The Hotel was very clean,beds were very comfortable.the hotel is one hour drive to yosemite valley
2 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
"okay room but..."
The room was okay but thats about it. There was nothing in the name of amenities. While they can not help with the fact that there is no mobile network there as it is a remote area, the absence of wifi (or atleast internet kiosk) and phone service (go to reception and pay $2 for every call) was an absolute shock. If you like to be completely cut off from the outside world while on vacation, this is the place for you. Otherwise, avoid this hotel if you can. PS: There was no breakfast either so, that was an added inconvenience too as you dont see too many places there where you can eat.
1 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
"Nice location"
The bed was not as comfortable as I would have expected. There is absolutely no internet or mobile phone connection, so plan accordingly. This hotel does not offer any wifi service at all, so you're basically all alone if you were hoping to stay connected to anyone at home or work. Not necessarily a bad thing, but you do need to plan for that.
1 night romance trip Dec 1, 2014
Shawn
"Could offer more"
We were a bit disappointed with no wifi and also no food/breakfast offered. Closest dinner was 11 miles away in Groveland. Not really what we were looking for at the end of a big day. Suggest for anybody going to stay in Groveland or Coulterville with more facilities.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Good Stay, and Will Come Back !"
The room is very clean, more than a 3-star hotel. The lodge has a great location to Yosemite Park about 20 minute driving when the weather is sunny, and located in a tranquil location - We love it. Also, my daughter enjoys the Hot Jacuzi Tub at night very much. The only suggestion that if they can have WiFi, I will rate them as a 5-star.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
lin
"Relaxing get away"
Hotel is in a town whose signs say the population is 50. Peaceful, forested area. A roadside restaurant is next door. At this time of year (week before Thanksgiving) there were about 5 or 6 families in the restaurant and one server. Room had microwave and fridge. Wi Fi was not working. It is about 37 miles from Valley floor or 1 hour. It is the closest place without booking a room in the valley itself. I was very happy with the place. It had a hot tub. I did not try it, but the kids of other families appeared to be loving it
1 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
Our stay was very nice with comfortable beds. Beautiful surroundings outside. I'd definitely go back.
"Nice place to hole up for a weekend."
This was a great little hotel/motel, in close proximity to Yosemite, and Groveland. It's an easy drive either direction, and groveland is a great town to grab eats after driving or walking around yosemite for the day. It's only about 15/20 minutes to Yosemite, and there are plenty of other great hiking spots nearby.
"Nice Hotel, 1 hour away from Yosemite"
Had a great time, the hotel looked very clean and nice, we are dinner at the restaurant next door, didn't explore the area much since we headed straight to Yosemite due to the long drive. Hotel was located in a great place
Great Hotel
"No WiFi"
Stayed 2 nights, everything was ok. Prices pretty high, but then again, it's the closest hotel outside of yosemite national park's westgate. Why they don't have WiFi, I don't really understand, since they are able to receive online bookings, so there must be some kind of internet connectivity.
1 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
lina
"Good but no wi-fi"
Hotel was good overall. Restaurant was really good. But it was really uncomfortable that they didn't have wi-fi.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"Overall satisfied."
The room was updated and clean. The bathroom was clean and nice, I have no complaints about the room whatsoever.The service was pleasant. The restaurant next door left something to be desired, and no other food around for miles. It is about an hour to Yosemite Village.
1 night romance trip Nov 4, 2014
"Just outside Yosemite"
My sister and I stayed at Westgate to be as close to Yosemite as possible so we could utilize our entire first day. This was the perfect place to stay - it was very clean, had all the amenities we needed, and convenient. Note that they do no have internet and cell phone reception was non existent on our AT&T phones but I had enough extended service on a Verizon phone to let our mom know we arrived safely... so thankfully we had done our research and planned our time in Yosemite in advance since we wouldn't have been able to get on any sites/maps. But it's the perfect place to rest, and enjoy the fresh, chilly air first thing in the morning! And the hot tub looked inviting should you want to rest the legs after a day of hiking!
1 night trip with friends Nov 3, 2014
Megan
"Great location for day trips into Yosemite"
This hotel is in a good location if you're looking for something outside of the park that is reasonably priced and not too long of a drive to get into the park. The staff were helpful & friendly. There is a restaurant next door that serves breakfast & it also has a bar & pool table. The address says Groveland but it is a good 15 minutes to drive into town.
1 night trip with friends Nov 3, 2014
Gaynor
"Nice place."
Clean and comfortable. Great food available next door.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Go Somewhere Else"
Upon approach, I thought we were coming to a Motel 6 or similar. The lobby parking was at the doorstep of a simple lobby. We were greeted (if you want to call it a greeting) by a somber man who probably never has a good day. He checked us in and summarized by saying, "no smoking, no pets, no wi-fi." Thank God the rooms were nice but there is nothing else that I can say that relates to a positive experience.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Greg
"Nice accommodations close to Yosemite"
We enjoyed a two night stay at the Yosemite Westgate Lodge in October 2014. After an adventurous and scary car ride to its location on Hwy. 120, we found the hotel very comfortable and clean. The staff was able to fulfil our late request for a ground floor room since their are no elevators. Located in a very rustic setting, the lodge was almost vintage. An excellent restaurant next door was very welcoming and offered a fantastic menu at great prices. We highly recommend the Yosemite Westgate Lodge and would definitely stay there again. But beware . . . The Hwy. 120 drive to the lodge is very challenging and should not be taken lightly. Only an experienced driver should be behind the wheel.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
Connie
"Nice hotel close to Yosemite"
Clean rooms, 30 min drive to the park entrance. Gas and a restaurant next to the hotel. Nothing much in this city, and the nearest town is Groveland which is a bit of a drive away. Rooms are comfortable, quiet, and have a microwave and refrigerator.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
Aparna
"Exceptional condition and clean, comfortable rooms"
The hotel was well maintained and the rooms were very comfortable and clean. There is a wonderful restaurant next door that was handy and top tier. My husband and I have both commented to each other how much we enjoyed our stay. I don't usually take the time to rate, but we enjoyed it so much that I thought I would take the time
2 night romance trip Oct 20, 2014
"easy access to Yosemite"
The address is misleading. The lodge is outside the town of address; we finally stopped at the Visitor's Center to ask for directions. There is a restaurant next door.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2014
SC traveler
A very comfortable quiet room. High marks for cleanliness would recommend the motel .
1 night trip Oct 15, 2014
EloiseWilson
"Great place, but things to know"
No WiFi and no breakfast! Bummer, only because I needed to check work the Friday AM before I left, and cell signal was spotty at best.
1 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2014
"Very close to Yosemite National Park"
This was a very nice,clean,up to date hotel but also quite expensive. There was no breakfast included in the price. There was a restaurant close by but for the price we paid breaskfast should have been included. It was about 12 miles outside the entrance to Yosemite National Park which was great.
1 night trip Oct 7, 2014
Eleanor
"Good stay"
clean spacious room but no internet available but the pool was very refreshing
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
New Englander
"Nice and cozy."
This was a really nice woodsy place to stay. Nice and clean and the staff was very friendly. Great little place to stay.
2 night romance trip Sep 8, 2014
Marilyn
"I'll take there road next time."
Average accommodations and a full hour from the valley floor of Yosemite. The northwest gate is not the one to use if you are at all acrophobic. It's a steep, winding, scary drive. Better to enter from the south---hwy 41.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Motel Could Not Provide Services They Advertised."
We picked the Westgate Lodge in no small part because they were one of the few hotels near Yosemite that advertised free wi-fi. When we signed in and asked for the wi-fi password, the clerk pointed to a sign on the desk that said that the wi-fi service had been stolen by Yogi Bear. I'm sure they thought this was amusing, but I failed to see the humor. Both my wife and I have jobs that, unfortunately, do not allow us the luxury of being completely out of touch for any length of time. Since cell phone signals are virtually non-existent at Yosemite, we knew we needed to have wi-fi access on this trip. They refused to offer a discount and refused to give us a refund when we decided to leave early due to the lack of service. They'll be hearing from my credit card company.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
After a long day of riding through Yosemite, we really enjoyed staying here. It was quiet, the rooms were modern and clean, and the staff friendly. There's a restaurant next door that's got good comfort food and a bar. We liked that there wasn't much around, just the necessities. Would gladly stay here again..
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
Alex
"Close and convenient to Yosemite"
Newly renovated and clean. Friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable and spacious rooms and a quiet setting surrounded by trees. Restaurant located conveniently right next door. Would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
donna
"Nice lodge in the moutains"
This hotel is near Yosemite National Park, and comes with the atmosphere of mountains which I liked. The staff was friendly, and the rooms (my party stayed in 3 rooms) were clean. I saw many cute bear carvings and statutes on the premises, but missed the real ones (I was told there were a mama bear and two cubs). The only regret is that the Wi-Fi service was not available. That had been stolen by Yogi bear.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Dr. Koby
"Nicest hotel close to Yosemite."
Very clean spacious rooms. Family oriented Excellent restaurant / bar in walking distance
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
overall price/value is not below average.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"No WiFi or cell service"
We did not need it for our trips into Yosemite, but be prepared.
2 night trip Jul 17, 2014
"Rude hotel manager"
I don't know if the hotel manager was language challenged but he was very brusque and appeared rude.His lady assistant was very nice.Unfortunately the Buck Meadows restaurant nearby was dreadful.Lousy food and service.I have never before returned a steak.Also we had to wait 1 hour for a breakfast order and after we complained a waitress told us to smile.
4 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Close to Yosemite gate"
The front office staff were extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the local area and Yosemite, helping us to plan our day and make best use of our time. There was no wifi on site, and cell reception was unreliable, but the office allowed me to use their computer to access my flight check-in. Rooms were clean and comfortable. No breakfast included, but there is an excellent restaurant next door. I did not appreciate the cleaning staff dropping heavy hints about wanting tips, though!
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
Sue T.
"Close to Yosemite and great value."
Surprisingly very nice room!
2 night trip Jul 17, 2014
"Yosemite"
Great staff. Handy laundry and restaurant next door was great and only one before entering park.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Awesome place to stay!!"
This hotel is great if you are going to Yosemite! It looks like a nice normal motel, but the rooms are very big and contemporary! Beautifully decorated! Great place to eat next door also!
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
"newer facility"
this motel was renovated a year or so ago so room was very new and clean. Close to Yosemite park, about 30 mins to west gate and an hour to the center of the valley. there is a restaurant next to the motel they are open from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM which is very convenient but the service was kind of slow, we got there at 7:00 AM for breakfast but ended up waiting about 50 mins after order. Overall, I would recommend.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2014
Great Staff, the rooms and facilities were great!. Loved the pool and outdoor heated spa.
"Super stay"
Perfect placement near Yosemite. Great room with plenty of room.
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
Steen
"Nice stay for a visit to Yosemite"
We arrived late and only stayed one night. Room was good size and clean for our stay. Nice area for hotel to be located.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Closest to Yosemite Park"
A good motel that is the closest you can be to Yosemite without being inside the park. It is a motel, with nothing luxurious, but homey, comfortable, with adequate amenities (pool, restaurant, etc.) and good service.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Kate
Overall the hotel was okay. I did not like the fact that in the review it said that is was 12 miles away from Yosemite. Not true! It took us about am hour to get to yosemite national park!
2 night business trip Jul 12, 2014