All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
    Bad breakfast
"Hôtel Park Avenue"
The Hotel service was 50/50 depending on who was working the Hotel condition wasn't all that bad defiantly a lot nice on the inside then the out side however it differently could use some improvements Room cleanliness was very poor the floors where dirty and the bathroom was dirty upon arrival the Room comfort wasn't all that bad other then the lack of space The Neighborhood seemed as if it was a low income neighborhood however it was convenient as you where close to every thing stores,shopping,food,parks ect. Overall the stay wasn't all that bad
2 night trip with friends Jul 28, 2015
Caroline
"Great location but dated and not very clean"
The location is great and the staff were nice enough. The hotel is dated and is in need of refurbishment. Once we removed the old dirty bed throw the sheets were reasonably clean but we showered in flipflops. Good if you need a good location on a low budget. You get what you pay for. Smells a bit like cat food covered with airfreshener.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
travel man
It was our summer vacation with limited budget. The room are clean but very cozy. No bath tub and also very cozy . Excellent location, good for limited budget people and for short stay only
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Shariful
"Good Location"
Well the bathroom and shower is really small. The bad is hard, we had terrible sleep. They did not clean our room everyday. Overall our experience at hotel was not good and I would not return there. The location was good.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
While the hotel was easy to find, and the staff were bilingual, thats where the charm ended. Our room was stuffy and smelled stale/dirty, we found hairs on our 'clean' linen, and found the facilities were maintaines only to the barest of minimums. I would not even recommend it for the price, as cleanliness should not be something that is compromised
3 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
"Yuck!"
The woman at reception was very helpful with parking. The room was clean, but so run down and smelled like old carpet and smoke.
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
"Okay but not the greatest"
Stayed here for 2 nights. Room was comfortable enough but the carpet was outdated and the hallways always had an underlying odour in the air. Best part about this hotel was the fact that it was conveniently close to all the places we wanted to do in Montreal. There was also a bike rally going on right outside the window where we could watch which was very nice .
Other trip May 31, 2015
Tia
"Overal good experience"
Overall it was good. But the room size was very small and there was 3 of us we had to pay extra for the amount of people but lacked in space.
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
The room was cozy, and done up nicely, but I had friends staying down the hall who found their room less appealing (slanted floors, older fixtures, inconsistent thermostat control). The one complaint we all had was that the water temperature for the shower fluctuated wildly, making morning showers a bit uncomfortable. But the staff were pleasant, there was a kitchenette for convenience and overall the experience delivered good value for the price.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"a very Cousy and friendly"
Good services
1 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
"worst hotel I've ever seen"
Worst hotel room I have ever been to and seen in my life! The room smelled like cigarettes and cheap perfume. Upon walking into the room, we did a 180 and left the hotel. There's a very good chance it has bedbugs and a dead hooked under the mattress.
3 night trip with friends Dec 29, 2014
Theodore
"e"
Great location,Room was clean and nice!Parking was not included and hard area to find a parking spot!Over all we were very pleased
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
eric
"Very unimpressed"
overall run down condition of hotel including cracked mirrors in halls with taped seams, threadbare dirty carpets...refused to use shower due to disgusting condition. Most of the staff were pleasant to deal except the night person on the last night, bad attitude and found slumped in a chair in aplorable condition with clothes half off, would be mistaken for a homeless person on the street! Very sketchy wifi, sometimes you had a signal other times you had to walk to the office to find it. Bed was the only saving grace, comfy with plenty of pillow though could have used an updated bedspread. Will not be choosing this one again. The saying "You get what you paid for" is definitely true in this case!
BrandyLee
"don't go there"
Terrible room to sleep. Could hear everyone around me. It was cold and the bed was not confortable
1 night business trip Oct 31, 2014
"good location"
A basic hotel, close to Mount Blanc,Montreal City Centre and there is supermarket 5 minutes walk away . Buses go past every 20 minutes and it is easy to catch a taxi. Room is large with fridge, and microwave. Bathroom/toilet is very small. Place is tidy and tired, but for the price would stay there again. . Staff great very helpful. No lifts. We were at the back and there was no traffic noise even with the courtyard door open. Can hear other guests coming and going though.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Kuniki
"Thanksgiving Weekend"
PROS: - Perfect size for two people - In the heart of the city - Clean CONS: - Poor parking
2 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Chelsey
"Awesome value for the price"
This place was cheap, near mont-royal area, and surprisingly nice. Had more character than most hotels. The beds weren't particularly comfy, but for the price, I got my money's worth. Our room had two twin beds and a pull out couch. Everything was very clean and the back fire escape doubled as a patio.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2014
"pretty decent for price"
I normally stay at a 4* hotel but stay was last minute and I couldn't get a room at my chosen hotel of choice at my desired price. So I choose here. Price was good and hotel was better than I expected. Clean and affordable. If in a crunch again likely Will use again
1 night trip Sep 9, 2014
Albert
"Worst treatment I have ever received. Rude&careles"
Desk clerk was incredibly rude and insulting to my blind friend. She seemed to be under the impression that he would break something with his cane, despite our explaining that he lived on his own, was gainfully employed, and basically had no trouble getting around or taking care of himself. Refused to even let us check in to our reservation until I demanded to speak to a manager. I don’t know why she was worried, the hotel is falling apart as it is. We had reserved a non-smoking room, but our room smelled like smoke. When I asked to either move rooms or get a discounted rate, she offered to “let us cancel our reservation at no additional late-cancellation fees”. I demanded to speak to a manager again, and then she claimed that she was the manager. Didn’t tell me that the first time, so I think she was lying. In short, rude, insulting staff, smoky room, uncomfortable beds, and general disrepair – worst hotel I’ve ever stayed at.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"No Thanks"
I have stayed in hotels in many countries and this was the second worst. I don't mind if rooms are not modern or if there are cracks in the walls etc., but cleanliness is a whole different issue for me. The bathroom was filthy; hair on the floor and in the shower; disgusting. Even the cotton bath mat had hair on it from a previous guest. When I got up in the morning I went to the desk and asked the attendant to have the shower cleaned and then went out for coffee. When I returned the he handed me a bottle of cleaner and a rag. I asked for a brush, which he found for me, then I cleaned the shower myself. The night attendant was a woman and she at least had some manners and was friendly when I spoke to her, but I will never stay here again. $230 for two nights should at least buy some cleanliness and sanitary conditions.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Roy
"A hotel with good location"
The stay is OK. The room condition is acceptable.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
HK
"Mediocre"
Weird smell, super noisy bathroom fan and windows that look into other room's windows. Not a comfortable bed. Impossible to shower without being molested by the shower curtain. I've stayed worse places, but you may not have.
6 night business trip Jul 20, 2014
Lukas
"Terrible crack house hotel."
Don't do it... unless you want to stay in a crack house. Room smelled like smoke, hairs in the sheets, what a weird place. Way overpriced for a dump. Even if you're backpacking, a hostel would be better. Location is good, but this hotel was so bad that after arrival we actually left and stayed somewhere else. DON'T DO IT!
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Nice hotel close to where i was going."
It was ok but i found long hairs on one of the pellows.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Shawn
"No luxury but confort"
Staff helpfull, nice, miror should be fix in hallway
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Lise
"Horrible"
Even though it was only for a night, specially with a 8 months old baby, that room was horrible. Not recommended at all if you are travelling with family.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
EV
"This place is falling apart, old and stink."
I cant sleep at night because no sound privacy, wall to wall room and the bathroom is freaking small as hell, no flat screen tv in our room, perhaps we had a grandma's colored tv. TERIBLE! NIGHTMARE! no parking either. Sucks! Dont book here!
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Just a room with bed"
Absolutely no re-visit. Good location but the place is folling apart.
7 night family trip Jun 5, 2014
Bella Ratta
"Stay away!"
I have not come across such a dive in year. It was old very old and the washroom did not have a sink and only a shower and toilet
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
YL
"Good location is the better!"
Nearly to Parc Mont Royal is a great location, many options of restaurants, pubs and cool nigth. The cleaness is the bad and the room comfort limited.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
"very good location and staff were great"
when I arrived we were given our room but I was not pleased with it, had booked a one double bed room but it did not have the sofa bed mentioned. turns out the sofa beds are not standard in the rooms and only a limited number of rooms have them, was moved to a twin double bed room for a small fee as a room with a sofa bed was not available.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
evette
"Satisfying stay that had everything we needed!"
Stayed with my band for one night. On check in the hotel staff was worried we would be causing trouble, I was slightly taken aback by this but appreciated that they took pride in keeping the rooms damage free. Being such a cheap price I was expecting much worse, but it couldn't have been better and an easier trip! Parking right in front of the hotel, the rooms were clean, the bathrooms were not disgusting, and we had plenty of options for eating and shopping around the area.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Elementals
"Good for the price"
It is an old and inexpensive hotel. The staff are friendly and the service is good. I had good sleep at nights.
2 night business trip May 21, 2014
"Great location - close to universities"
Walking distance to the Conservatoire, U of Montreal and McGill U - and parks. Easy to get tostreet parking worked out, and staff were very helpful.
Other trip May 18, 2014
Joy
"Cheap, convenient location but loud and dirty"
Looking for a good nice sleep? KEEP LOOKING!! I booked this hotel because it was close to work. The room was a good size, looked nice and had been updated. The staff was polite. Unfortunately, there was old dust on some of the furniture, and we could see dust bunnies and hair floating off the floors. On the first night, there were screams of horror, door slams and loud noises in the middle of the night. We could hear every sound coming from the hallway and the patio, people talking in the other rooms, and guests walking and moving furniture in their room upstairs. For the second night we bought ear plugs to have a good night sleep but the fire alarm when off at 6 am. The convenient location is not worth it. I will never go back nor do I recommend this hotel.
2 night business trip May 5, 2014
"Avoid: Unclean, smelly, construction work"
The hotel itself is in a good location, but everything else left something to be desired. The room smelt stale and musty, and wasn't very clean. There was a large amount of dust on all the desk and furniture. We were woken up at 8am by workmen loudly ripping up the carpet form the hallway in front of our room. When we complained to the reception they were rude and unsympathetic and told us that they needed renovations and there was nothing they could do about it. They could have waited until checkout time to start loud noises, and the definitely should have notified us that this was happening. I did not pay money to stay in an under construction building and have my sleep interrupted. I would not recommend anyone stay here.
Other trip May 6, 2014
Christopher
"Such shabby hotel near Mont Royal! unthinkable"
Room was unclean, Awake whole night due to foul smell. Checked out following morning and cancelled booking for following two nights. Had to comeback following day to get my refund!
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
Dost
"lousy hotel"
I did not even stay in that hotel. I went to the hotel with my mother and saw that it was not clean. My mother was allergic to the dirt and did not want to stay there. So we did not even stay there. It is very unfortunate that expedia is doing business with a lousy hotel like this. I paid them $120.02 but did not stay there. I want expedia to help me get my money back. I will never recommend this hotel to anyone. I also will not reccommend expdia if I do not get back compensation from expedia.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"Nice hotel, very convenient location"
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Very convenient location - close to downtown and there is a bus stop nearby.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
Leo
"Convinient location, horrible staff."
I booked this hotel for its central location. But the staff is horrible and rude. Never going back.
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
Shaf
"Bad sound isolation"
Stayed two night, I guess one night is maximum for this hotel. Location is OK, staff are kind and helpfull. However, there is no sound isolation. Do not take the rooms next to stairs if you want to sleep. Heating is noisy, no heating in the bathroom. Cleanliness is minimal. It's not a good idea to keep air conditioner mounted to the wall by just isolating it with a plasic wrap: cold and noise enters inside the room.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
Met
"It is a nice hotel somewhat close to metro"
Apart from the very small bathroom, everything is good
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
"It's clean, it's cheap, it's close."
A basic good nights sleep and a private toilet and shower. If this is your idea of a romantic get away, go for it. If your working and want a place to sleep it's a pretty good deal. Not a great place for your first sleep over date.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
"clean, quiet, central"
the hotel is on the plateau, that means easy access to the cool places there. I found even free parking on the street.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
"Cheap and downtown"
Exactly what we were hoping for out of the Hotel, just be prepared to add a few dollars for parking as they don't have any.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
"No revisit for me."
I booked a single room with 2 beds, when we showed up to check in, there was only one room with a single bed, for 2 guys, that wouldn't work, they brought a single mattress, not a cot, the springs were about to break through the fabric, I ended up taking the cushions from the chairs and placed them over the mattress, if not for those cushions, my buddy would of had company that night. The washrooms were extremely small, could barely move, everything was old and not very clean, safe to stay I won't be staying there my next visit to Montreal.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
"very pleased"
Comfy hotel, great price and staff, nothing was too much trouble. We used the microwave every day, great coffee and a toaster are available downstairs so stock up your 'fridge and save money. You can use their laundry for free if you check with first. Buses run Downtown or up Mont Royal itself from very nearby but take time to walk around the surrounding streets as they're fascinating. Thank you every-one x
9 night trip Sep 8, 2013
sue and joe
"You get what you paid."
It's a good place for the money you pay, clean and near to the bus stop, the people at front desk it's nice and willing to help.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
"TROUBLE"
NO parking room dirty . Too expensive: this a hotel at $30/night max.
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2013
michel
"Right next to the park, Lovely neighbourhood!"
I know a lot of people mention the décor, I don't stay places for the décor, though yes it was last decorated in the 80's. I grew up in the 80's, so it was fine by me and everyone that I was with. The actual rooms are a very nice size and the little kitchen was perfect for our needs. The bathrooms were nice, yes the ones that haven't been updated yet are a little small (we had two rooms, one updated, one not) but this is a tiny old building and the rooms are basically what a normal double bedroom with a bathroom adjacent to it are in older places. If you need your bathroom and shower to be the size of a small bedroom then perhaps you should pay more for another place. For the 4 of us, we loved our stay, there is a little fire escape balcony behind the place to enjoy the nice weather, we slept comfortably, had a great time in the city and frankly we felt the price was an absolute steal! As for the service, our bathroom light blew the second morning and it was replaced right away, and the night manager stopped us from getting towed in the morning by stopping us on our way in and letting us know the parking rules for the street around the hotel. They were beyond friendly and helpful, we will being heading straight for them again the next time we go!
3 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2013