All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4544, avenue du Parc, Montreal, QC, H2V 4E3, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
    2.5

"Worst treatment I have ever received. Rude&careles"
Desk clerk was incredibly rude and insulting to my blind friend. She seemed to be under the impression that he would break something with his cane, despite our explaining that he lived on his own, was gainfully employed, and basically had no trouble getting around or taking care of himself. Refused to even let us check in to our reservation until I demanded to speak to a manager. I don’t know why she was worried, the hotel is falling apart as it is. We had reserved a non-smoking room, but our room smelled like smoke. When I asked to either move rooms or get a discounted rate, she offered to “let us cancel our reservation at no additional late-cancellation fees”. I demanded to speak to a manager again, and then she claimed that she was the manager. Didn’t tell me that the first time, so I think she was lying. In short, rude, insulting staff, smoky room, uncomfortable beds, and general disrepair – worst hotel I’ve ever stayed at.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"No Thanks"
I have stayed in hotels in many countries and this was the second worst. I don't mind if rooms are not modern or if there are cracks in the walls etc., but cleanliness is a whole different issue for me. The bathroom was filthy; hair on the floor and in the shower; disgusting. Even the cotton bath mat had hair on it from a previous guest. When I got up in the morning I went to the desk and asked the attendant to have the shower cleaned and then went out for coffee. When I returned the he handed me a bottle of cleaner and a rag. I asked for a brush, which he found for me, then I cleaned the shower myself. The night attendant was a woman and she at least had some manners and was friendly when I spoke to her, but I will never stay here again. $230 for two nights should at least buy some cleanliness and sanitary conditions.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Roy
"A hotel with good location"
The stay is OK. The room condition is acceptable.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
HK
"Mediocre"
Weird smell, super noisy bathroom fan and windows that look into other room's windows. Not a comfortable bed. Impossible to shower without being molested by the shower curtain. I've stayed worse places, but you may not have.
6 night business trip Jul 20, 2014
Lukas
"Terrible crack house hotel."
Don't do it... unless you want to stay in a crack house. Room smelled like smoke, hairs in the sheets, what a weird place. Way overpriced for a dump. Even if you're backpacking, a hostel would be better. Location is good, but this hotel was so bad that after arrival we actually left and stayed somewhere else. DON'T DO IT!
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Nice hotel close to where i was going."
It was ok but i found long hairs on one of the pellows.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Shawn
"No luxury but confort"
Staff helpfull, nice, miror should be fix in hallway
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Lise
"Horrible"
Even though it was only for a night, specially with a 8 months old baby, that room was horrible. Not recommended at all if you are travelling with family.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
EV
"This place is falling apart, old and stink."
I cant sleep at night because no sound privacy, wall to wall room and the bathroom is freaking small as hell, no flat screen tv in our room, perhaps we had a grandma's colored tv. TERIBLE! NIGHTMARE! no parking either. Sucks! Dont book here!
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Just a room with bed"
Absolutely no re-visit. Good location but the place is folling apart.
7 night family trip Jun 5, 2014
Bella Ratta
"Stay away!"
I have not come across such a dive in year. It was old very old and the washroom did not have a sink and only a shower and toilet
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
YL
"Good location is the better!"
Nearly to Parc Mont Royal is a great location, many options of restaurants, pubs and cool nigth. The cleaness is the bad and the room comfort limited.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
"very good location and staff were great"
when I arrived we were given our room but I was not pleased with it, had booked a one double bed room but it did not have the sofa bed mentioned. turns out the sofa beds are not standard in the rooms and only a limited number of rooms have them, was moved to a twin double bed room for a small fee as a room with a sofa bed was not available.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
evette
"Satisfying stay that had everything we needed!"
Stayed with my band for one night. On check in the hotel staff was worried we would be causing trouble, I was slightly taken aback by this but appreciated that they took pride in keeping the rooms damage free. Being such a cheap price I was expecting much worse, but it couldn't have been better and an easier trip! Parking right in front of the hotel, the rooms were clean, the bathrooms were not disgusting, and we had plenty of options for eating and shopping around the area.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Elementals
"Good for the price"
It is an old and inexpensive hotel. The staff are friendly and the service is good. I had good sleep at nights.
2 night business trip May 21, 2014
"Great location - close to universities"
Walking distance to the Conservatoire, U of Montreal and McGill U - and parks. Easy to get tostreet parking worked out, and staff were very helpful.
Other trip May 18, 2014
Joy
"Cheap, convenient location but loud and dirty"
Looking for a good nice sleep? KEEP LOOKING!! I booked this hotel because it was close to work. The room was a good size, looked nice and had been updated. The staff was polite. Unfortunately, there was old dust on some of the furniture, and we could see dust bunnies and hair floating off the floors. On the first night, there were screams of horror, door slams and loud noises in the middle of the night. We could hear every sound coming from the hallway and the patio, people talking in the other rooms, and guests walking and moving furniture in their room upstairs. For the second night we bought ear plugs to have a good night sleep but the fire alarm when off at 6 am. The convenient location is not worth it. I will never go back nor do I recommend this hotel.
2 night business trip May 5, 2014
"Avoid: Unclean, smelly, construction work"
The hotel itself is in a good location, but everything else left something to be desired. The room smelt stale and musty, and wasn't very clean. There was a large amount of dust on all the desk and furniture. We were woken up at 8am by workmen loudly ripping up the carpet form the hallway in front of our room. When we complained to the reception they were rude and unsympathetic and told us that they needed renovations and there was nothing they could do about it. They could have waited until checkout time to start loud noises, and the definitely should have notified us that this was happening. I did not pay money to stay in an under construction building and have my sleep interrupted. I would not recommend anyone stay here.
Other trip May 6, 2014
Christopher
"Such shabby hotel near Mont Royal! unthinkable"
Room was unclean, Awake whole night due to foul smell. Checked out following morning and cancelled booking for following two nights. Had to comeback following day to get my refund!
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
Dost
"lousy hotel"
I did not even stay in that hotel. I went to the hotel with my mother and saw that it was not clean. My mother was allergic to the dirt and did not want to stay there. So we did not even stay there. It is very unfortunate that expedia is doing business with a lousy hotel like this. I paid them $120.02 but did not stay there. I want expedia to help me get my money back. I will never recommend this hotel to anyone. I also will not reccommend expdia if I do not get back compensation from expedia.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"Nice hotel, very convenient location"
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Very convenient location - close to downtown and there is a bus stop nearby.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
Leo
"Convinient location, horrible staff."
I booked this hotel for its central location. But the staff is horrible and rude. Never going back.
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
Shaf
"Bad sound isolation"
Stayed two night, I guess one night is maximum for this hotel. Location is OK, staff are kind and helpfull. However, there is no sound isolation. Do not take the rooms next to stairs if you want to sleep. Heating is noisy, no heating in the bathroom. Cleanliness is minimal. It's not a good idea to keep air conditioner mounted to the wall by just isolating it with a plasic wrap: cold and noise enters inside the room.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
Met
"It is a nice hotel somewhat close to metro"
Apart from the very small bathroom, everything is good
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
"It's clean, it's cheap, it's close."
A basic good nights sleep and a private toilet and shower. If this is your idea of a romantic get away, go for it. If your working and want a place to sleep it's a pretty good deal. Not a great place for your first sleep over date.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
"clean, quiet, central"
the hotel is on the plateau, that means easy access to the cool places there. I found even free parking on the street.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
"Cheap and downtown"
Exactly what we were hoping for out of the Hotel, just be prepared to add a few dollars for parking as they don't have any.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
"No revisit for me."
I booked a single room with 2 beds, when we showed up to check in, there was only one room with a single bed, for 2 guys, that wouldn't work, they brought a single mattress, not a cot, the springs were about to break through the fabric, I ended up taking the cushions from the chairs and placed them over the mattress, if not for those cushions, my buddy would of had company that night. The washrooms were extremely small, could barely move, everything was old and not very clean, safe to stay I won't be staying there my next visit to Montreal.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
"very pleased"
Comfy hotel, great price and staff, nothing was too much trouble. We used the microwave every day, great coffee and a toaster are available downstairs so stock up your 'fridge and save money. You can use their laundry for free if you check with first. Buses run Downtown or up Mont Royal itself from very nearby but take time to walk around the surrounding streets as they're fascinating. Thank you every-one x
9 night trip Sep 8, 2013
sue and joe
"You get what you paid."
It's a good place for the money you pay, clean and near to the bus stop, the people at front desk it's nice and willing to help.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
"TROUBLE"
NO parking room dirty . Too expensive: this a hotel at $30/night max.
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2013
michel
"Right next to the park, Lovely neighbourhood!"
I know a lot of people mention the décor, I don't stay places for the décor, though yes it was last decorated in the 80's. I grew up in the 80's, so it was fine by me and everyone that I was with. The actual rooms are a very nice size and the little kitchen was perfect for our needs. The bathrooms were nice, yes the ones that haven't been updated yet are a little small (we had two rooms, one updated, one not) but this is a tiny old building and the rooms are basically what a normal double bedroom with a bathroom adjacent to it are in older places. If you need your bathroom and shower to be the size of a small bedroom then perhaps you should pay more for another place. For the 4 of us, we loved our stay, there is a little fire escape balcony behind the place to enjoy the nice weather, we slept comfortably, had a great time in the city and frankly we felt the price was an absolute steal! As for the service, our bathroom light blew the second morning and it was replaced right away, and the night manager stopped us from getting towed in the morning by stopping us on our way in and letting us know the parking rules for the street around the hotel. They were beyond friendly and helpful, we will being heading straight for them again the next time we go!
3 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2013
Penny
"Budget hotel a bit out of town"
Budget hotel but clean. Is on a bus route to town. Not in a tourist area Right on a busy road out of town parking could be a problem. We had breakfast in a pleasant café 8 minutes walk from the hotel. It felt a local French area not populated by tourists but English was understood
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
"Great location - Hostel-quality rooms"
A friend & I had single rooms on 3rd floor first day and 2nd floor the next day, The 2nd floor rooms were defiinitely nicer, Beds were nothing terrific but were comfortable if you like a firm bed. As mentioned by others, bathrooms were glorified telephone booths in size, not any room for my shaving kit in 3rd fl room; slightly larger with shelving in 2nd floor rooms.. It is in a fantastic neighborhood, the north end of the trendy Plateau Mont-Royal area with many shops and restaurants, and across the street from Mont Royal Park
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
Not that bad, Parking is a major hassle also booked a room with 2 single beds but upon arriving was informed that they did not have any and I was required to pay an additional 10$ for a room with two doubles
1 night trip Aug 6, 2013
"I will never go back!!!!"
I had the worst room I have ever seen in a hotel. The shower and washroom were unusable.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"Location, location, location!"
I had good nights sleep in clean rooms. The staff was kind and helpful. The location is amazing, walking distance from so many attractions, and the neighbourhood is very interesting and hipster (Mile-End/Plateau Mont-Royal). The private bathrooms are small. But for this price, you cannot find better.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
Alex
"Not pleased"
The rooms are too small, also there is no parking available on site. Their AC/heater don't work properly. They repaired it after the first night.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
"Honest Unbiased Review!"
My girl friend I went to Montreal for a weekend. Been multiple times and being in our early 20s we are both on a budget and want to be in a good area. This hotel is obviously a cheaper option if you are looking into it, but the location was GREAT. RIght near Mcgill and a not bad walk to st catherines street, with many patio bars, restaurants, clubs, and shopping very close by. Right next to Mount Royale which is a great spot for a evening stroll. The room had a bit of a kitchenette to it with a microwave, sink, and mini fridge which was really convenient. The ONLY real pain in the butt was parking. On the weekend its not too hard to find a spot, but during the week (we got there Thurs night and needed to park Friday during the day) it is tough! Street parking rates goes from roughly 9 am - 11pm, which can add up! So a few times we had to drive around for 5-10 min to get a parking spot. Not the end of the world, but a bit of a pain thats for sure. The last 3 times I stayed in montreal I was right in Old Montreal for the location, but I would certainly go back to this area again in the future. Had a great stay!
3 night romance trip Jul 25, 2013
Brent
"Abomination"
The WiFi was non existent, And when I tried to change rooms for one closer to the router the owner (she was visiting the evening staff) said there were no rooms available. So I had to sit in the lobby to send emails while I watched 6 more people check into the already "filled" rooms We had a rude prostitute next door, who smoked so much we could smell it through our vents The bathroom was so small you could LITERALLY sit on the toilet, shower and brush your teeth simultaneously.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Walter
"Good Hotel"
Close to work
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"a good choice for student"
There stuffs are so kind!! but the washroom is too small to move your body easily... But it is cheap, clean and safe. as a result, it is a good hotel!
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
"Close to downtown core but.."
The hotel location was more than ideal for visitors wishing to explore Mont Royal and the downtown core. The rooms were very clean, however the hotel itself is very dated. The first impression is not a strong one. Only when I entered the room itself was I pleased with the hotel.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2013
sean
Well worth the money. Very friendly and helpful staff and owners.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2013
"Great overnight stay"
Really close to everything. Just stayed overnight clean and tidy. Little out of date but great. Would definetly stay there again.
1 night trip May 23, 2013
Matthew
"Okay basic/cheap hotel"
If you are looking for a VERY basic, cheap hotel then this place is quite suitable. The room was clean for the most part. The bathroom was very tiny and basic and the beds were not that comfortable, but not the worst I've ever had to sleep on. The staff were very nice and if I were needing a cheap place to stay I would consider staying here again, though if I could afford a bit nicer place I would definitely do that instead.
Other trip Jun 19, 2013
Lindsey
"I would not recommend this..."
The hotel is really not a very good one. The fridge in the room was old. The bathroom floors were uneven. My room shared a common wall with the laundry room and I could clearly hear the noise. It might be good for young folks but not for mature travellers. It is one step p from a dormitory There are only two things that recommend this hotel:-the location close to bus routes that connect you to the Metro and Mme. Valya, the polite and ever so welcoming afternoon receptionist.
Other trip May 30, 2013
gw
"Good price, good accomodations."
I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to explore Montreal. The accommodations are smaller than usual but were quite suitable. The concierge was quite helpful and very pleasant. I would stay here again.
Other trip May 22, 2013
Lou
"Try the meat pies two doors down!"
Very nice hotel, lovely reception. The shower is kinda eh (not in cleanliness, but in simplicity). We would definitely stay again. Also two doors down is a meat pie shop, for the love of all things delicious, go for breakfast!
1 night trip May 19, 2013
"good but not perfect"
Comfortable in a total judgement, heating and wi-fi included. but only one disadvantage, two double beds, a little smaller and no slippers..
Other trip Mar 19, 2013