All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here800 Florida Avenue NE, Washington, DC, 20002-3695, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Much improved from the last time I stayed there."
The last time I stayed at the Kellogg, there were not much services such as meals served in the evenings and bar was not in the hotel. There were no restaurants and bars nearby. Now they are within the hotel which made my stay more pleasant without having to worry about transportation to the restaurants. Thank you for the improvement. The room, for some reasons, looked so much better and comfortable than before.
2 night business trip Oct 26, 2014
Luanne
"Nice hotel, close to downtown DC"
Staff was very accommodating, rooms were clean and late check in us why i booked
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
shelly
"Good enough, i guess"
Staff was friendly. Got into the room and the light bulb on the desk lamp was broken (but still in the socket). Also, the remote control for the TV had dead batteries. I called and asked for someone to take care of these two things. They said they would be right up. About 1 1/2 hrs later, i called back to the front desk wondering what happened. They didn't know what i was talking about but sent someone up to switch out the TV remote. They told me that they couldn't do anything about the light because they would have to wait until maintenance staff returned the next day. The $9 continental breakfast was fine, but not significantly better than what is included at many hotels for free. No ala-carte options. Staff was courteous and polite. Room was clean and comfortable, but pillows were unusually firm and were clearly chosen for aesthetics and not comfort. Window treatment was odd and bulky, but no big problem. Windows themselves would not lock. I couldn't get them to close all the way. The heat in the room didn't work, and even blew cold air when turned all the way to HOT. Woke up FREEZING! Wifi was free and reliable. It was worth the $120 i paid, but i would not be happy if i had paid any more.
1 night trip Oct 27, 2014
frank
"Wonderful staff"
It lacks perks like free continental breakfast and coffee, but the staff was lovely and the place is nice and clean.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Terrific hotel/conference center located on a college campus 1 mile from Union Station. Also complimentary shuttle service during the day to Union Station.
2 night trip Oct 22, 2014
"Bad- Then Better"
Well, have mixed feelings. Son and I traveled for a DC United game and this one kept coming up as the possible best choice. When we arrived we witnessed about 5 men riding 4 wheelers down the public street and sidewalks at about 1 am. At least one was being chased by the DC Police. We didn't understand the shuttle so the next day we walked miles to the metro. (I am disabled) The parking was confusing. The website says you don't have to pay for parking but you do have to pay $22.00 a night in the garage. Things did get better when we found a nice market beside the university that we found on our own. When we figured out the shuttle it was very nice to have. It is the university shuttle so you will be riding with students. I was wishing I knew ASL. Breakfast is expensive $18.00 for a buffet. Go to the market it is awesome and you can get wonderful food. The hallways could have been cleaner however overall the hotel was nice. I believe the neighborhood is improving so if you get this hotel for a good deal its ok. Like I said the shuttle is nice and is or was free. Be prepared for some homeless in DC to as for money in amounts such as .80 or 1.20. Strange. I was not happy when we checked in then things did get better so thats why the hotel received a better score.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
"Very clean and nice hotel on a nice campus"
Great but i was only there for one night and left early morning. But good for while i was there.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Trice
"An alternative to pricey DC hotels with nice rooms"
This hotel provides nice rooms, with good beds, bathroom, and all the standard features. It's only about 10 mins for a free shuttle to and from Union Station. Our driver volunteered to drop us off right at the museum on the Mall. On weekends, shuttles are more restricted, but all in all, we saved at least 4 or 5 cab fares into the city. A nice breakfast, hot or cold, for $14 or $9. Situated on the campus of the only deaf university in the US, the rooms have "extras" like flashing lights for the doorbell, vibrating bed alarms, and ultra-safe fire doors on the bathrooms. The campus itself is pretty but the surrounding neighborhood is not safe for walking. With a security guard at the entrance, and its location on a hill, we always felt very safe inside. For $149, a bargain.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
CTScout
"Nice, but upcharges"
The hotel was nice and clean, but they charge extra for parking and breakfast so that made the stay somewhat uncomfortable.
2 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2014
Lourdes
"Close to Metro; hotel provides transportation"
Very nice; quiet. Did not replace used towels for clean, dry towels though, that was my only issue. Everyone friendly and helpful. Rooms nice size, beds comfortable. Could be better variety on dinner menu . But overall would definitely stay again. Good value for price.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Great location for Gallaudet University visits"
Hearing staff not great sign skills; felt like they were not comfortable with my deaf kids
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
rae
I stayed here for a conference and was pleasantly surprised. Hotel was clean and modern, the staff was very helpful and pleasant. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
kmgtsg
"Perfect Stay"
It was perfect, everything i expected, the hotel is near the bus station and close to all must-see sights, Very comfortable and very clean, if I were to return I would stay again
1 night romance trip Sep 22, 2014
"love this place"
this hotel is so clean and everyone who works there is very polite and nice. I have stayed here before and enjoyed it just as much this time. The surrounding neighborhood is a little rough, but this hotel is on a campus and there is 24 hour security at the front gate and no other access. Very safe and pleasant.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
sv
"Good value but a little different"
Only real negative is that you need to plan ahead to get cab, but front desk was able to make that happen with about 15 minutes notice. The conference center is embedded in a unique college that caters to hearing impaired students. The 2nd floor restaurant is open to 1030pm, and offers a kitchen level view as the chef/bartender makes your food.
4 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Nice Place needs better management"
This was a very convenient location and was easy to find. However, the Metro stop is considerably farther than noted and there was great miscommunication as to the free shuttle schedule. When I checked in, the desk I was given a room that was already occupied. I returned to the front desk, and waited 20 minutes only to be told that the hotel was booked! I was given a "parlor" room which was satisfactory for one night, but was considerable smaller than the room for which I had paid. It didn't appear that the room had been vacuumed, there was blue tape on the trash can and bathroom door jam, and the sheets were questionable as to cleanliness. I had no coffee for the in-room coffee machine and no coffee mugs. I tried to call the front desk , but the phone did not work! I went to the front desk and asked for these items, and was given coffee but no mugs; those would be brought to me by housekeeping. After a 45 minute wait, I drank my coffee out of the bathroom glass! I was 30 minutes late meeting friends due to the front desk giving me the same wrong shuttle departure, three times. Paying for parking was absurd as it is a spacious open air garage a good distance from the hotel. The second elevator was pretty much out of order the entire time. However, I must say that everyone was very polite and they removed the parking charge in light of the numerous difficulties. It is a beautiful campus and I felt very safe there, but better management is needed.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2014
Tracie
"Nice hotel in DC ."
Hotel was great . Vending machines on our floor did not work .
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Room has cleaned. I surprised they provide videophone in room with TV, I appreciated.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Ann
Room was excellent, and the surroundings, but the services is not good, the room was never cleaned the next day. The front desk did a little to nothing to help with that.
3 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"It was okay..."
The location is good! The service at the front desk was awesome BUT they didn't clean the room because "we don't touch personal items" umm WHAT? And also I asked for towels...never received them but when I saw a cleaning lady in the hall she gave the worst attitude when I asked her for towels/rags. The shower was broken, it sprayed water in our face and all around the whole bathroom. It just wasn't a pleasant experience.
2 night business trip Aug 29, 2014
Ashley
"Solid value stay on a beautiful college campus!"
Despite some other comments, we found our room to be spotless, though needing some minor maintenance - e.g., slow lavatory drain, vent in need of vacuuming, loosening toilet tissue holder - which did not detract from the overall experience. The building seems substantial in construction and very quiet, but conferences book it and some might be noisy. The breakfast offerings were not extensive on the hot side, but the baked goods were excellent quality and the coffee and fresh fruit were notable! Free parking offered to those staying, a real value in high cost Washington. The free hotel van ends its runs at 9:20 pm, so plan accordingly. We'd stay again in a heartbeat!
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
AlphonseGreybeard
Clean, friendly staff, conveniently close to Gallaudet but for the price, it should at least include breakfast.
3 night trip Aug 19, 2014
"Wow"
Parking was $18 and had to walk all the way from the garage to the hotel!!! No microwave , fridge or table with chairs... Room was cleans and beds very comfortable... Will stay somewhere else next time!!
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Dawn
"Peaceful retreat! City location. Great Value."
Great place. I try to stay there each time I am in DC. Very close to the Farmer Market restaurants, too. Calm peaceful setting among a campus of beautiful buildings.
2 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
Jack
Very nice holt and staff. Very convenient location. Only issue is pay parking when parking structure is never full and over zealous officers with Public Safety Department of associated college.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"close to d.c. with good parking, nice facilities"
would definitely stay here again!
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
"Very disappointed in this hotel :("
The purpose of our trip was to visit The college that the hotel is located next to. Upon arriving there were about 300 teenage children walking around outside and inside the hotel. When I asked the front desk who they were she said a working program and was rude when I asked if they were staying in the hotel. She also did not give me the parking pass when we checked in( I didn't know I needed one till later) even though we talked about where to park. We almost checked out of the hotel after seeing the room, but tried to be positive. The room was small, beds hard, air condition leaking water and not very cold, dust everywhere, hair on the bathroom wall, bad lighting, and mold in the bathtub. Since it was one night we decided to deal w/ it (when we called other hotels they were all booked). Before we left to go to the monuments that afternoon, we asked if we could get two more pillows and to fix the ac. She said NP. When we came back nothing was done, no pillows! Also the bus driver of the free bus service told us too call when we need to be picked up. I called she said call back in two min, I did many times. no answer. I had to take a cab! I would not recommend this place at all. Very disappointed!
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
DD
Great next to metro
2 night business trip Jul 30, 2014
"would stay at hotel again"
Although not in the center of the city, driving in is very easy and quick and the cost of the hotel is cheaper than staying downtown. Hotel is clean, comfortable and very safe. On the down side, the shuttle does not run as much on the weekends so we drove in, but found parking easily and it was not that expensive. Did not eat at the hotel so can't comment on that. Front desk personnel were very helpful. We would stay there again.
2 night family trip Aug 2, 2014
"Dont do it"
The neighborhood is not very good. They charge for parking, despite it belonging to the College and it being far away. They have a pool, which you can only access for two hours a day and it costs per person. You can do better, closer to DC and without having to pay extra.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Michael T.
"They treat you like family"
Many of The staff who work at this hotel are fluent in English and sign. There are some staff who are completely deaf, yet communicated seamlessly with me. It was a beautiful experience! My sister has been to this hotel numerous times and they treat her like family. We also like the shuttle bus that takes you to the train station and to the closest airport if you don't have to be there super early. It make it very convenient.
Great nice quiet experience. Very nice surroundings.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"Falls Short of Potential"
The door to my room didn't shut properly. When I did pull it shut, it didn't lock. You could just push it open from the outside. I told the front desk this, and they didn't respond promptly to fix it. When the problem could lead to someone easily stealing all my belongings, I'd expect an immediate fix. None was provided. During the three days I was there, no one replaced the water cooler in the gym, nor replenished the towels in there, nor laundered the dirty towels in the basket in there. It's a nice-looking hotel that could be decent, but falls way short of expectations. I also booked a king room for $5 extra, yet I was given two queens with no explanation. First and last time I stay there.
3 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Robert Berretta
"Business Trip"
Clean room, nice staff, shuttle service was very convenient!! No breakfast and parking was $18 a day.
2 night business trip Jul 23, 2014
"extremely quiet location, close to Union Square"
nice rooms, friendly staff, nearly no city noise during night, neighborhood not perfect, but OK. Regular hotel shuttle - free of charge - to Union Square and back. In total a good choice to stay some nights in Washington DC.
3 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
Reinhard
Was good! Not good breakfast
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2014
Diana
Great location with free shuttle. Campus security is a plus.
2 night trip Jul 20, 2014
"Surprisingly convenient and well maintained"
The hotel is nice and well maintained and the grounds are lovely -lots of green space and the opportunity to sit outside at shaded tables and still have hotel WiFi. I had meetings in downtown DC so I made frequent use of the two shuttles. There is a university shuttle that will take you to the NOMA and Union Stations of the Metro. It runs every 20 minutes or so. There is also a hotel shuttle that will take you/pick you up anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel on your schedule. This three miles includes pretty much all of the downtown sites. Both these shuttles are free and make this hotel an exceedingly convenient place to stay.
2 night business trip Jul 15, 2014
csutter
"Wonderful Staff"
I did not know where to stay in DC so I picked this based on some reviews I read on Expedia. My wife and I had traveled for over 12 hours by the time we reached the hotel. The airlines had lost my wife's luggage and were not to concerned with that even though I advised them that all of her medications to help treat her cancer were in her luggage. While at the Kellogg Conference Center I was relating this all to the staff at the desk, especially a young lady named Tiara. She was on the phone to the airlines and raised quite the fuss, and we got our luggage a few hours later. Coupling her enthusiasm and customer service with the wonderful drivers we had on the shuttles, and the peaceful campus, my wife and I were most pleased with our stay. The campus is a relatively short distance from D.C. so it is quiet but still close enough that the shuttle can get you almost anyplace you would like. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay here and would not hesitate to return should we find ourselves in D.C. again.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"Good value for holiday weekend"
Location was decent but a bit too far to walk downtown. Cab-ride is about $10. Shuttles every 2 hours was not as convenient as other reviews claim, maybe because of summer break (hotel on campus). Staff was friendly and helpful. Some minor construction work in lobby did not bother us. Room was comfy. Best deal for 4th July weekend, compromise between price and location.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Martin
"Worst"
List - 1) GPS will never show the address. 2) No persons in the Hotel 3) Scary 4) No cleanness 5) No Food available close by. Finally total Dispointment.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Satheesh
Hotel is located inside the university campus which is very beautiful. Rooms were nice and clean. Also, the hotel staff were very friendly. Overall a very nice stay.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
Siddhartha Bhaumik
"Meh stay. No free parking."
Stayed here as a last resort for a last minute room in D.C. mostly because it was the cheapest of the few places available. The stay itself was ok though the building was under renovations, mostly likely why it was discounted. What they don't tell you when you book your room is that they will charge you for a day if you cancel within 24hrs of the reservation. Check in took longer than in any place I've ever stayed in my entire life. While checking in, you learn that overnight parking costs $18/night and the hotel accepts no responsibility for anything lost or stolen from your car or hotel room after it's too late to reconsider. They also specify that if they have to clean much they will bill you extra so don't throw up anywhere or try to smoke out the window.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Randy
"Wonderful setting."
Very clean. Good service. Cable was out. The grounds were beautiful. An oasis in the metropolis.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Rebecca
"Very interesting..."
This is a college meeting center hotel. They tried to hit us with a parking charge. They offer a free shuttle service to the surrounding area. But they called our room an hour before our first scheduled reservation and told us they couldn't provide a ride to the Kennedy Center. Then every evening when we called for a ride back, they told us the shuttle wasn't available so we would have to cab it back. We were there during some construction. But the small bar grill and breakfast buffet were pretty nice looking. Way too expensive to feed five of us. Half the staff was hearing impaired which made things challenging when they would be the only employee in the restaurant or front desk. The neighborhood was really scary outside of the gates of the university. People stumbling around at all hours and constant sirens. I wouldn't dare walk to the Metro alone. And the metro is a long five plus blocks away. Room was spacious. Lobby was very clean and had really nice snack type food/coffee.
5 night family trip Jun 23, 2014
Good. Its inside a 150 yrs old university. The surrounding is green. Overall a very good exp.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Service was outstanding. Shuttle bus was a real plus. Staff went out of their way to be helpful. I will be back. Please share my comments with the staff. They did a great job. Terry
5 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
Terry Geiling
"Close and convenient to DC attraction"
A modest hotel, great location and service. The shuttle service was very convenient and free!!!!
3 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Marie
"Quiet hotel after a day in D.C."
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Kellogg Conference Center. We chose this location based on it's location, price and other reviews. The shuttle service they offer was a wonderful service. One shuttle runs most of the day from the hotel to Union station, every 2 minutes. The other shuttle the offer took us anywhere within a 3 mile radius. We used that service several times right into downtown D.C. All drivers were very helpful with tips and advice. The beds were comfortable. Breakfast selection was pretty average and the buffet was dismantled 15 to 20 minutes prior to the posted closing time so not much was available when we arrived. For the price, I'd suggest breakfast elsewhere. The staff was very courteous. We would definitely recommend this location and will stay again when in the D.C area.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"Beautiful campus"
The initial impression is remarkable. The campus of the university is beautiful, quiet and peaceful. The hotel is nice, showing signs of wear, but still a lovely facility. Staff was exceptional; very accomaidativng and helpful. There was some construction on-going but it didn't detract from our stay.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014