All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here800 Florida Avenue NE, Washington, DC, 20002-3695, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Classy yet affordable"
The only minor complaint I would have is with hotels.com because they told me there was a couch in the room. There was not. Very classy place with great food and service. Free shuttle to Union Station was a plus. A nearby restaurant where we ordered take out pizza and other items was just phenomenal.
2 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
Theresa
"Comfortable hotel a few minutes from the Metro sta"
The hotel was nice and clean. The staff was polite and helpful. I gave it a three star rating because it did not possess the amenities to receive four stars.
2 night trip Jan 21, 2015
"Its the little things that matter"
Its just a hotel on a college campus, bad parking and little service but its clean. Its the little things that matter, unfortunately they don't have the little things.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
Jose
was terrible. we had to wait for about 30 mins to get the room key. The room key didn't work, had to wait about 45 min for someone to came in. the 2 room was dirty, and third finally was so so . I will never stay there anymore
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
edivani
"Pleasant facility at Gallaudet University"
The grounds are lovely and the hotel is clean and pleasant, as well as reasonably priced for the Washington area. However, there was no cable t.v. during the 3 days of our stay, which was not a tragedy, but would have increased our enjoyment of the hotel.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Great service and comfort at historic Gallaudet"
Getting to the hotel was a snap with the shuttle bus from Union Station, which drops you off right at the hotel door. The room had all the usual amenities and was clean and nice and warm, bed was very comfortable. I met a colleague for dinner across the street at Union Market, a new and very trendy spot with loads of options for any palate and a less than five minute walk from the hotel. When I had trouble with my room keycard, help was quickly on the way and the staff were uniformly friendly and helpful. Loved the historic photos of Gallaudet -- a landmark and deservedly famous institution -- that lined the hallways.
1 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
Lucy
"It's so good for business trip."
It's safe and comfortable. they have shuttle to union station often. but, breakfast is so simple.
3 night business trip Nov 19, 2014
JI SOOK
"Gallaudet hotel gets an upgrade"
The renovations in the lobby area are so nice! It was fine before, but it really looks like a nice hotel now. Wish the rooms had a fridge/microwave. Got a good deal on a typically overpriced room, and it saved me from making a long drive out of town and back in early the next morning, so Im very glad for the price break!
1 night romance trip Nov 19, 2014
Shay
"nope"
Construction began at 7am. Awful experience. Will not stay here again.
"last visit to DC"
Nice place, easy!
"Awful. Do not stay."
This was awful. Several mornings I was woken up at 7am with them working on something (maybe the pipes as there was lots of banging and drilling). The second morning I called down to the front desk every 15 minutes from 7-8, when I finally got up. I requested a refund, and all they offered was a credit toward another stay. I will not be staying here again. The woman who checked out before me had the exact same conversation, so I guess they didn't help her either. I called later to suggest they refund some of the money I had spent on food. They said they would check and call me back, but they never did. Apart from that, the gym was unusable. They called repeatedly to try to service the room even though I had the "do not disturb" sign up. I wish I could give it a zero rating rather than a one.
BETHANY
"Comfortable Stay"
I stayed at Kellogg Conference Hotel to attend a conference in Washington D.C. The hotel itself was very nice and the accommodations were excellent. The locale was quiet, and the staff were very accommodating. The only issue is that because Gallaudet University is a school for the deaf, one or two of the staff members had difficulty understanding us, but this was never a major concern.
D
"Excellent Hotel close to D.C."
What a great hotel on a beautiful campus that is also close to the National Mall. Staff is friendly, room was more than comfortable and clean. Pay no attention to the negative reviews on here. They must be opinions, rather than reviews because this hotel is very nice. Only negative is the $19 to park overnight. Otherwise a definite 5 out of 5.
Luke
"a different style hotel"
beautiful area. very friendly staff. great little shuttle--
2 night romance trip Oct 29, 2014
vera
"I would stay here again"
Great location for my needs (to be near Capital). Hotel staff were incredibly helpful. Great price. Although the rooms & hallways could use some sprucing up, I would definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Oct 29, 2014
Alice
"Quiet hotel on a beautiful campus close to DC."
Excellent. The hotel was comfortable and the staff friendly. Plenty of parking. Shuttle bus was extremely convenient and ran frequently. At UNION STATION the pick up was safe and obvious.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Rosie
"Much improved from the last time I stayed there."
The last time I stayed at the Kellogg, there were not much services such as meals served in the evenings and bar was not in the hotel. There were no restaurants and bars nearby. Now they are within the hotel which made my stay more pleasant without having to worry about transportation to the restaurants. Thank you for the improvement. The room, for some reasons, looked so much better and comfortable than before.
2 night business trip Oct 26, 2014
Luanne
"Nice hotel, close to downtown DC"
Staff was very accommodating, rooms were clean and late check in us why i booked
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
shelly
"Good enough, i guess"
Staff was friendly. Got into the room and the light bulb on the desk lamp was broken (but still in the socket). Also, the remote control for the TV had dead batteries. I called and asked for someone to take care of these two things. They said they would be right up. About 1 1/2 hrs later, i called back to the front desk wondering what happened. They didn't know what i was talking about but sent someone up to switch out the TV remote. They told me that they couldn't do anything about the light because they would have to wait until maintenance staff returned the next day. The $9 continental breakfast was fine, but not significantly better than what is included at many hotels for free. No ala-carte options. Staff was courteous and polite. Room was clean and comfortable, but pillows were unusually firm and were clearly chosen for aesthetics and not comfort. Window treatment was odd and bulky, but no big problem. Windows themselves would not lock. I couldn't get them to close all the way. The heat in the room didn't work, and even blew cold air when turned all the way to HOT. Woke up FREEZING! Wifi was free and reliable. It was worth the $120 i paid, but i would not be happy if i had paid any more.
1 night trip Oct 27, 2014
frank
"Wonderful staff"
It lacks perks like free continental breakfast and coffee, but the staff was lovely and the place is nice and clean.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Terrific hotel/conference center located on a college campus 1 mile from Union Station. Also complimentary shuttle service during the day to Union Station.
2 night trip Oct 22, 2014
"Bad- Then Better"
Well, have mixed feelings. Son and I traveled for a DC United game and this one kept coming up as the possible best choice. When we arrived we witnessed about 5 men riding 4 wheelers down the public street and sidewalks at about 1 am. At least one was being chased by the DC Police. We didn't understand the shuttle so the next day we walked miles to the metro. (I am disabled) The parking was confusing. The website says you don't have to pay for parking but you do have to pay $22.00 a night in the garage. Things did get better when we found a nice market beside the university that we found on our own. When we figured out the shuttle it was very nice to have. It is the university shuttle so you will be riding with students. I was wishing I knew ASL. Breakfast is expensive $18.00 for a buffet. Go to the market it is awesome and you can get wonderful food. The hallways could have been cleaner however overall the hotel was nice. I believe the neighborhood is improving so if you get this hotel for a good deal its ok. Like I said the shuttle is nice and is or was free. Be prepared for some homeless in DC to as for money in amounts such as .80 or 1.20. Strange. I was not happy when we checked in then things did get better so thats why the hotel received a better score.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
"Very clean and nice hotel on a nice campus"
Great but i was only there for one night and left early morning. But good for while i was there.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Trice
"An alternative to pricey DC hotels with nice rooms"
This hotel provides nice rooms, with good beds, bathroom, and all the standard features. It's only about 10 mins for a free shuttle to and from Union Station. Our driver volunteered to drop us off right at the museum on the Mall. On weekends, shuttles are more restricted, but all in all, we saved at least 4 or 5 cab fares into the city. A nice breakfast, hot or cold, for $14 or $9. Situated on the campus of the only deaf university in the US, the rooms have "extras" like flashing lights for the doorbell, vibrating bed alarms, and ultra-safe fire doors on the bathrooms. The campus itself is pretty but the surrounding neighborhood is not safe for walking. With a security guard at the entrance, and its location on a hill, we always felt very safe inside. For $149, a bargain.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
CTScout
"Nice, but upcharges"
The hotel was nice and clean, but they charge extra for parking and breakfast so that made the stay somewhat uncomfortable.
2 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2014
Lourdes
"Close to Metro; hotel provides transportation"
Very nice; quiet. Did not replace used towels for clean, dry towels though, that was my only issue. Everyone friendly and helpful. Rooms nice size, beds comfortable. Could be better variety on dinner menu . But overall would definitely stay again. Good value for price.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Great location for Gallaudet University visits"
Hearing staff not great sign skills; felt like they were not comfortable with my deaf kids
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
rae
I stayed here for a conference and was pleasantly surprised. Hotel was clean and modern, the staff was very helpful and pleasant. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
kmgtsg
"Perfect Stay"
It was perfect, everything i expected, the hotel is near the bus station and close to all must-see sights, Very comfortable and very clean, if I were to return I would stay again
1 night romance trip Sep 22, 2014
"love this place"
this hotel is so clean and everyone who works there is very polite and nice. I have stayed here before and enjoyed it just as much this time. The surrounding neighborhood is a little rough, but this hotel is on a campus and there is 24 hour security at the front gate and no other access. Very safe and pleasant.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
sv
"Good value but a little different"
Only real negative is that you need to plan ahead to get cab, but front desk was able to make that happen with about 15 minutes notice. The conference center is embedded in a unique college that caters to hearing impaired students. The 2nd floor restaurant is open to 1030pm, and offers a kitchen level view as the chef/bartender makes your food.
4 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Nice Place needs better management"
This was a very convenient location and was easy to find. However, the Metro stop is considerably farther than noted and there was great miscommunication as to the free shuttle schedule. When I checked in, the desk I was given a room that was already occupied. I returned to the front desk, and waited 20 minutes only to be told that the hotel was booked! I was given a "parlor" room which was satisfactory for one night, but was considerable smaller than the room for which I had paid. It didn't appear that the room had been vacuumed, there was blue tape on the trash can and bathroom door jam, and the sheets were questionable as to cleanliness. I had no coffee for the in-room coffee machine and no coffee mugs. I tried to call the front desk , but the phone did not work! I went to the front desk and asked for these items, and was given coffee but no mugs; those would be brought to me by housekeeping. After a 45 minute wait, I drank my coffee out of the bathroom glass! I was 30 minutes late meeting friends due to the front desk giving me the same wrong shuttle departure, three times. Paying for parking was absurd as it is a spacious open air garage a good distance from the hotel. The second elevator was pretty much out of order the entire time. However, I must say that everyone was very polite and they removed the parking charge in light of the numerous difficulties. It is a beautiful campus and I felt very safe there, but better management is needed.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2014
Tracie
"Nice hotel in DC ."
Hotel was great . Vending machines on our floor did not work .
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Room has cleaned. I surprised they provide videophone in room with TV, I appreciated.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Ann
Room was excellent, and the surroundings, but the services is not good, the room was never cleaned the next day. The front desk did a little to nothing to help with that.
3 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"It was okay..."
The location is good! The service at the front desk was awesome BUT they didn't clean the room because "we don't touch personal items" umm WHAT? And also I asked for towels...never received them but when I saw a cleaning lady in the hall she gave the worst attitude when I asked her for towels/rags. The shower was broken, it sprayed water in our face and all around the whole bathroom. It just wasn't a pleasant experience.
2 night business trip Aug 29, 2014
Ashley
"Solid value stay on a beautiful college campus!"
Despite some other comments, we found our room to be spotless, though needing some minor maintenance - e.g., slow lavatory drain, vent in need of vacuuming, loosening toilet tissue holder - which did not detract from the overall experience. The building seems substantial in construction and very quiet, but conferences book it and some might be noisy. The breakfast offerings were not extensive on the hot side, but the baked goods were excellent quality and the coffee and fresh fruit were notable! Free parking offered to those staying, a real value in high cost Washington. The free hotel van ends its runs at 9:20 pm, so plan accordingly. We'd stay again in a heartbeat!
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
AlphonseGreybeard
Clean, friendly staff, conveniently close to Gallaudet but for the price, it should at least include breakfast.
3 night trip Aug 19, 2014
"Wow"
Parking was $18 and had to walk all the way from the garage to the hotel!!! No microwave , fridge or table with chairs... Room was cleans and beds very comfortable... Will stay somewhere else next time!!
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Dawn
"Peaceful retreat! City location. Great Value."
Great place. I try to stay there each time I am in DC. Very close to the Farmer Market restaurants, too. Calm peaceful setting among a campus of beautiful buildings.
2 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
Jack
Very nice holt and staff. Very convenient location. Only issue is pay parking when parking structure is never full and over zealous officers with Public Safety Department of associated college.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"close to d.c. with good parking, nice facilities"
would definitely stay here again!
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
"Very disappointed in this hotel :("
The purpose of our trip was to visit The college that the hotel is located next to. Upon arriving there were about 300 teenage children walking around outside and inside the hotel. When I asked the front desk who they were she said a working program and was rude when I asked if they were staying in the hotel. She also did not give me the parking pass when we checked in( I didn't know I needed one till later) even though we talked about where to park. We almost checked out of the hotel after seeing the room, but tried to be positive. The room was small, beds hard, air condition leaking water and not very cold, dust everywhere, hair on the bathroom wall, bad lighting, and mold in the bathtub. Since it was one night we decided to deal w/ it (when we called other hotels they were all booked). Before we left to go to the monuments that afternoon, we asked if we could get two more pillows and to fix the ac. She said NP. When we came back nothing was done, no pillows! Also the bus driver of the free bus service told us too call when we need to be picked up. I called she said call back in two min, I did many times. no answer. I had to take a cab! I would not recommend this place at all. Very disappointed!
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
DD
Great next to metro
2 night business trip Jul 30, 2014
"would stay at hotel again"
Although not in the center of the city, driving in is very easy and quick and the cost of the hotel is cheaper than staying downtown. Hotel is clean, comfortable and very safe. On the down side, the shuttle does not run as much on the weekends so we drove in, but found parking easily and it was not that expensive. Did not eat at the hotel so can't comment on that. Front desk personnel were very helpful. We would stay there again.
2 night family trip Aug 2, 2014
"Dont do it"
The neighborhood is not very good. They charge for parking, despite it belonging to the College and it being far away. They have a pool, which you can only access for two hours a day and it costs per person. You can do better, closer to DC and without having to pay extra.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Michael T.
"They treat you like family"
Many of The staff who work at this hotel are fluent in English and sign. There are some staff who are completely deaf, yet communicated seamlessly with me. It was a beautiful experience! My sister has been to this hotel numerous times and they treat her like family. We also like the shuttle bus that takes you to the train station and to the closest airport if you don't have to be there super early. It make it very convenient.
Great nice quiet experience. Very nice surroundings.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"Falls Short of Potential"
The door to my room didn't shut properly. When I did pull it shut, it didn't lock. You could just push it open from the outside. I told the front desk this, and they didn't respond promptly to fix it. When the problem could lead to someone easily stealing all my belongings, I'd expect an immediate fix. None was provided. During the three days I was there, no one replaced the water cooler in the gym, nor replenished the towels in there, nor laundered the dirty towels in the basket in there. It's a nice-looking hotel that could be decent, but falls way short of expectations. I also booked a king room for $5 extra, yet I was given two queens with no explanation. First and last time I stay there.
3 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Robert Berretta
"Business Trip"
Clean room, nice staff, shuttle service was very convenient!! No breakfast and parking was $18 a day.
2 night business trip Jul 23, 2014