All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
800 Florida Avenue NE, Washington, DC, 20002-3695, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"nice staff, not awesome room"
Difficult to access campus. Not the nicest neighborhood, thin walls, shower didn't drain. Bed was comfortable, and staff was very nice.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
"1 nights"
It was a good stay but I wish that the price of the parking is included. But it's only $25/day. It was a little tricky to find but we found it. They are shuttles that take you to Union station so that is a good point over here.
1 night trip with friends Mar 8, 2015
patcharaorn
"DC trip"
Good check in staff. Bathroom a bit outdated but overall stay is good
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
k
Very pleasant and comfortable stay in a conveniently located place with a quick shuttle to Union Station
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"Will not stay here again"
My family was in town to spend a few days seeing the sights and for my husband's business meeting on the day of check out. I asked for a late check out, which was 1pm and after dropping my husband off at his business meeting I returned to the hotel with my two very small children to find that the door to our room, which had a do not disturb sign on it, was open and my room was stripped down, as if housekeeping had thought we had checked out. I spoke with the clerk downstairs and he just seemed confused. Aside from an apology, I wasn't offered anything, not a clean room, not a credit, etc. I felt very violated knowing that housekeeping was in my room when the do not disturb tag was on the door and we were not there. It took a long time for the hotel to try to rectify the room situation and once they did, it was just a blanket thrown on the bare mattress with the room still being a mess, no sheets, pillows, etc. I had to walk down to housekeeping to get soap and a clean towel because both were taken with the linens from the bed. Not what you should expect from a hotel charging almost $200 a night. My husband has to return to DC on business again very, very soon and I can assure you I will not stay here. Extremely disappointed with my stay.
2 night family trip Mar 9, 2015
"The only place I'll stay in Washington !"
Great experience ! Finding this hotel was fantastic ! A perfect alternative to paying much more for a downtown hotel. The Washington Metro/ Subway system is great so having easy access to it from the hotel made not being close to all the major attractions downtown and Georgetown easy. The savings and freedom of not having a car were fantastic.
2 night trip with friends Mar 8, 2015
"Great Hospitality"
This hotel is only a few blocks from a metro stop which was crucial for my schedule. The surrounding campus is beaufiful and the hotel includes a shuttle that will take you to the nearby sites including Union station metro. Staff was friendly and I was able to check in early at no trouble or extra cost. Older hotel but well kept and great breakfast that includes fruit and pastries. I would reccomend this hotel for first time visitors of the DC area.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"comfortable, but with a few issues"
The hotel is located on a very lovely campus, which was nice to walk around in the mornings. The room itself was also comfortable, but it did not have a microwave or a mini fridge, and there were no microwaves to be used in the dining areas downstairs. The bathroom was also very clean, but the water from the sink formed a very weak stream, as did the shower, which was a bit frustrating. It was also very difficult to control the water temperature. I would recommend that the hotel try to address those issues, but otherwise, it was a very pleasant stay.
2 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
"Hospital Visit"
I was visiting my brother at Washington Hospital Center and was looking for a nearby hotel. What a wonderful surprise. I picked this one on-line because of the reasonable rate. The lobby was beautiful and the staff was so kind. The rooms were updated and very clean. I liked that the hotel was off of the street inside of the university. As a single woman, I felt so much safer here than in other DC area hotels. If I need to come back to this area, I will definitely stay here again!
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
Theresa
"Affordable choice for DC travelers!"
Really responsive & friendly people; simple rooms. Nice workout facility. Breakfast doesn't start until 7, so hard for travelers who start the day early.
2 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
"Supervisor"
nice location and surprised that they have small size of bed, not matched what I requested for a king bed. Seems not right for me to pay high price for overnight with wrong size of bed!
2 night family trip Feb 23, 2015
"Not good place to stay"
I booked one bedroom with two queen beds and when I arrived at front desk she told me that i booked one bedroom with one queen bed as she was trying to hint that i was mistaken in my reservation. After she figured out that I am sure about my reservation she put the blame on her manger and said we will provide you with rolling bed and you can talk to the manger tomorrow. When i got into the room it was small with 1 queen bed. It can't accommodate 2 adults and 2 kids as I told them in the booking process. I went out to eat something and when i came back i couldn't get into in the room freely they stuffed it with 2 rolling beds. I don't know what they are thinking of when they put 2 rolling beds while there was only one space for one rolling bed. They told me in case of there is vacant room they will change me to make it up for me they waived out the parking fees. This in-campus hotel is for people attending the university activities and conferences so I don't recommend for other because and the price is overrated for others. I figured out the hotel has many problems with other customers as I waited in front desk to be served while there is only one person for serving customers and answering non-stop ringing that time the manger has a quarrel with unsatisfied customer. I booked 2 nights for $ 350 and I ended up with one small room.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Nafea
"My stay"
The hotel was nice seeing thag it's new It would just be nice for their parking to be more expansive and for their Resturant to have better hours.
1 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
Crystal
"Pipe Burst - Consider Kellogg Center"
Top floor can be hot in winter due to proximity to central HVAC system in attic. Overall, not bad at all, especially when you had a water pipe burst in DC and need a quiet place to crash for a couple nights.
3 night trip Feb 22, 2015
"Fair"
It was ok
1 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
Fabian
"Nice hotel close to Washington Hospital Center."
Checked in about 6:00PM. Staff was great and so was the room. Convenient free parking and easy exit to restaurants and return to the hotel.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"Very cozy stay"
The 24 hour cafe was what I needed when I didn't want to go out in the cold to get food & when it was too late to go eat out. Front desk clerk on duty was helpful, approachable and professional. Bed was so comfortable & the room temperature in cold cold winter was perfect!
1 night trip Feb 20, 2015
Adrienne R
"OK but not great..."
The hotel is a conference center on the University campus. There is a shuttle that takes you to the Metro which is quite convenient and though the campus is nice we felt very isolated. Certainly not in a hub with local cafes and restaurants. The rooms, hallways were rather plain and lacked any ambience. Would not stay again but look for something with more character and that was dedicated to serving guests not conferences! Staff was courteous but not welcoming with the exception of one hotel receptionist.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Donanne
"Beautiful area."
The place is beautiful but they do not have room service and do not offer enough choices for eating in the evening, since they close their restaurant early.
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
zilda
"Won't be here again"
I normally don't review my stay but this stay was proably the worst situation. We Stayed there this last weekend. Let's just say it was interesting. First, I booked online for a single bed room, what I got was a double occupancy room that was freezing!!! I went downstairs and spoke to the young lady at the desk and she fixed the mistake. The next room was much better but it was cold (with the heat on) as well. Terrible! The young lady at the desk was the redeeming factor for me. She was so helpful and so nice.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Thumbs down"
Everything about the hotel was strange. It's nestled inside a college campus with no signs to direct you towards it. When you actually find the hotel you cannot go inside yet because you now have to drive to the parking garage and walk back with your bags, so have fun with that. Once youre inside you then get charged $22.00 for parking and given a temporary parking permit that you then have to walk back and display in your car to avoid getting a ticket, then walk back. After all of that I was a little annoyed so I was excited to get into the room and decompress. Once out of the elevator and on my floor the first thing I noticed was the musky dirty smell. Like someone soaked the carpet and just let it dry. The room was no different. The bathroom looked like a dorm bathroom and I am very suspicious about its cleanliness. The beds were nothing special at all, I've slept on pull out couches more comfortable, and the pillows were small lumpy clouds of sadness. One thing I always expect from a hotel is comfort and this place just doesn't deliver.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Taisha
"Good hotel for conference; bad for tourists"
Here for a recent conference at the hotel, so staying there was convenient. Desk staff were not helpful AT ALL. Overheard a foreign tourist ask where she could get food nearby and desk staffer said she didn't know. Seriously!? They have a diner on campus and Union Market is right next store. Appalling staff could not answer a simple question.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Decent hotel but there may be better options"
Stayed here because there was a career fair happening in the Kellogg Conference Center and it was convenient. The front desk staff is really great, helpful and friendly. The only con is that the cabs take forever. That might just be a DC thing and not anything to do with the hotel. The room decorations were odd and you could hear clearly when other people entered their rooms. Not a place for light sleepers.
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
"Meh."
It's a bit far from the metro and at night it's not a safe walk. I ended up taking a taxi back to the hotel every night, so I didn't really save money by staying here. The room wasn't bad. Something in the wall was thumping one night and that made it hard to sleep. Another night a car alarm kept going off, so I can't say I was very comfortable. I looked out my back window and there was so much trash laced into the trees behind the hotel that it seemed very low class. I really like that they sold wine in the hotel store. There is nowhere to eat nearby. The gym was better than your average hotel and I actually enjoyed my 1 mile walk to work every morning. The heat was weird. I didn't have a thermostat, I just turned a nob on the heater under the window.
5 night business trip Feb 8, 2015
Joshua
The hotel was nice, and staff very friendly. It's on a university campus, so it's very safe. The university offers a free shuttle, that stops in front of the hotel to Union station. The shuttle runs frequently. From the union station you can take tours, train, bus, metro and even walk to some of the sites. During my stay they were renovating the 3th floor. Some vending machines did not work. But besides that the hotel is nice and
3 night trip Feb 1, 2015
Bryan
"hidden gem"
Pictures look better than actual room but no complaints
1 night family trip Feb 3, 2015
"Kellogs Conference Hotel"
Very good attention at the front desk. The shower had little water. The bathroom door was stained; nuevamennte may require to be painted. We liked the hotel and would stay at it.
1 night family trip Feb 2, 2015
"Great value close to downtown"
I was here for 4 days while visiting my son at the University. I have been to the DC areas many times and generally stay in hotels that cost much more. This is a great value and I will stay here on all future DC trips. It is very close to the downtown area and there is a shuttle (free) that takes you to the local metro station. I was also very impressed with the staff here. the front desk, restaurant and bar and maid staff were all friendly and professional in every respect
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
"Average at best but convenient"
The hotel was average at best. The sheets were a little old and the overall condition of the hotel was not great. There is plenty of parking but they charge you $22 per night and its a hike to get to the garage. On the plus side I travel with two service dogs and there was plenty of places for me to take them around the hotel with big huge grass fields.
1 night trip Feb 2, 2015
"It was a nice hotel with no surprises"
Stayed overnight for a concert at Echostage with some friends.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Patrick
"Really Nice!"
This was a very comfortable hotel. It has a shuttle for pickup and drop off from Union Station in Washington DC. We had a great meal in the lounge, and great service throughout. We would highly recommend Kellogg.
1 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
Stephen
"Classy yet affordable"
The only minor complaint I would have is with hotels.com because they told me there was a couch in the room. There was not. Very classy place with great food and service. Free shuttle to Union Station was a plus. A nearby restaurant where we ordered take out pizza and other items was just phenomenal.
2 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
Theresa
"Comfortable hotel a few minutes from the Metro sta"
The hotel was nice and clean. The staff was polite and helpful. I gave it a three star rating because it did not possess the amenities to receive four stars.
2 night trip Jan 21, 2015
"Its the little things that matter"
Its just a hotel on a college campus, bad parking and little service but its clean. Its the little things that matter, unfortunately they don't have the little things.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
Jose
was terrible. we had to wait for about 30 mins to get the room key. The room key didn't work, had to wait about 45 min for someone to came in. the 2 room was dirty, and third finally was so so . I will never stay there anymore
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
edivani
"Pleasant facility at Gallaudet University"
The grounds are lovely and the hotel is clean and pleasant, as well as reasonably priced for the Washington area. However, there was no cable t.v. during the 3 days of our stay, which was not a tragedy, but would have increased our enjoyment of the hotel.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Great service and comfort at historic Gallaudet"
Getting to the hotel was a snap with the shuttle bus from Union Station, which drops you off right at the hotel door. The room had all the usual amenities and was clean and nice and warm, bed was very comfortable. I met a colleague for dinner across the street at Union Market, a new and very trendy spot with loads of options for any palate and a less than five minute walk from the hotel. When I had trouble with my room keycard, help was quickly on the way and the staff were uniformly friendly and helpful. Loved the historic photos of Gallaudet -- a landmark and deservedly famous institution -- that lined the hallways.
1 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
Lucy
"It's so good for business trip."
It's safe and comfortable. they have shuttle to union station often. but, breakfast is so simple.
3 night business trip Nov 19, 2014
JI SOOK
"Gallaudet hotel gets an upgrade"
The renovations in the lobby area are so nice! It was fine before, but it really looks like a nice hotel now. Wish the rooms had a fridge/microwave. Got a good deal on a typically overpriced room, and it saved me from making a long drive out of town and back in early the next morning, so Im very glad for the price break!
1 night romance trip Nov 19, 2014
Shay
"nope"
Construction began at 7am. Awful experience. Will not stay here again.
"last visit to DC"
Nice place, easy!
"Awful. Do not stay."
This was awful. Several mornings I was woken up at 7am with them working on something (maybe the pipes as there was lots of banging and drilling). The second morning I called down to the front desk every 15 minutes from 7-8, when I finally got up. I requested a refund, and all they offered was a credit toward another stay. I will not be staying here again. The woman who checked out before me had the exact same conversation, so I guess they didn't help her either. I called later to suggest they refund some of the money I had spent on food. They said they would check and call me back, but they never did. Apart from that, the gym was unusable. They called repeatedly to try to service the room even though I had the "do not disturb" sign up. I wish I could give it a zero rating rather than a one.
BETHANY
"Comfortable Stay"
I stayed at Kellogg Conference Hotel to attend a conference in Washington D.C. The hotel itself was very nice and the accommodations were excellent. The locale was quiet, and the staff were very accommodating. The only issue is that because Gallaudet University is a school for the deaf, one or two of the staff members had difficulty understanding us, but this was never a major concern.
D
"Excellent Hotel close to D.C."
What a great hotel on a beautiful campus that is also close to the National Mall. Staff is friendly, room was more than comfortable and clean. Pay no attention to the negative reviews on here. They must be opinions, rather than reviews because this hotel is very nice. Only negative is the $19 to park overnight. Otherwise a definite 5 out of 5.
Luke
"a different style hotel"
beautiful area. very friendly staff. great little shuttle--
2 night romance trip Oct 29, 2014
vera
"I would stay here again"
Great location for my needs (to be near Capital). Hotel staff were incredibly helpful. Great price. Although the rooms & hallways could use some sprucing up, I would definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Oct 29, 2014
Alice
"Quiet hotel on a beautiful campus close to DC."
Excellent. The hotel was comfortable and the staff friendly. Plenty of parking. Shuttle bus was extremely convenient and ran frequently. At UNION STATION the pick up was safe and obvious.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Rosie
"Much improved from the last time I stayed there."
The last time I stayed at the Kellogg, there were not much services such as meals served in the evenings and bar was not in the hotel. There were no restaurants and bars nearby. Now they are within the hotel which made my stay more pleasant without having to worry about transportation to the restaurants. Thank you for the improvement. The room, for some reasons, looked so much better and comfortable than before.
2 night business trip Oct 26, 2014
Luanne
"Nice hotel, close to downtown DC"
Staff was very accommodating, rooms were clean and late check in us why i booked
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
shelly
"Good enough, i guess"
Staff was friendly. Got into the room and the light bulb on the desk lamp was broken (but still in the socket). Also, the remote control for the TV had dead batteries. I called and asked for someone to take care of these two things. They said they would be right up. About 1 1/2 hrs later, i called back to the front desk wondering what happened. They didn't know what i was talking about but sent someone up to switch out the TV remote. They told me that they couldn't do anything about the light because they would have to wait until maintenance staff returned the next day. The $9 continental breakfast was fine, but not significantly better than what is included at many hotels for free. No ala-carte options. Staff was courteous and polite. Room was clean and comfortable, but pillows were unusually firm and were clearly chosen for aesthetics and not comfort. Window treatment was odd and bulky, but no big problem. Windows themselves would not lock. I couldn't get them to close all the way. The heat in the room didn't work, and even blew cold air when turned all the way to HOT. Woke up FREEZING! Wifi was free and reliable. It was worth the $120 i paid, but i would not be happy if i had paid any more.
1 night trip Oct 27, 2014