All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
800 Florida Avenue NE, Washington, DC, 20002-3695, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Good internet service
  • Value
    Quite clean
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"To drop off my son at Gallaudet U."
Not bad... just a bit disappointing that we got a "handicapped" room, meaning the only shower, no bathtub.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Higlhly Recommend!"
Great Service. The room was very comfortable, great price. Great location.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
"Good hotel near downtown DC"
Great experience overall.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
"something a little different but cool"
the hotel staff were very helpful ,getting us free shuttle rides to downtown.this made life a lot easier. the food selection was great for adults and a fair price,but hard to find child friendly food. the rooms were big and clean and quiet at night.there was some construction in the day time out front.they have a 12:00 checkout (ahh..)and will hold your luggage after you checkout so you can keep exploring.
2 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
Lloyd W
"A pleasant stay at the Galladet Kellogg Center"
Restaurant service, food , and decor was excellent. Bed and pillows were so comfortable. Room was clean. Had a crack in sink and one coat hanger was broken but that was reported during my stay. Hotel was quiet. Had plenty of towels. Staff was willing to help where they could. Miss having a fridge in the room and microwave but no problem. Construction was going on but the side entrance was available. Campus had police patrolling which is a plus.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Lydia
"Siteseeing stay in DC went off well"
Everything was great, the front desk was helpfull, the hourly shuttle was an added bonus
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
"An ok experience"
Check in was great just a little disappointed that I booked a king size bed room and they gave me two full size beds instead but overall it was a good experience
1 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
Carlos
"Excellent value"
We stayed one night after moving our daughter to DC. The hotel was in a lovely setting on the campus yet convenient to everything. The room was very comfortable and spacious. We would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
"Great Experience"
We really enjoyed the area, was close to everything we wanted to do.
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"DC getaway"
The staff was pleasurable... it was a great feel to the hote....l but we came when the parking was being fixed and that was horrible ...but if you can look past that I do recommended
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2015
warren
"good affordable location out of the city center"
Upon checking into my room, I discovered the smoke detector was missing - just wires sticking out of the ceiling. Upon reporting this to the front desk, I was immediately upgraded to a better room - sweet! Unfortunately, at 6:30 am, I was rudely jarred awake thanks to a jackhammer right below my third floor window! There was construction going on & it was quite unpleasant. I know this is not the normal situation so others probably won't encounter this but the hotel should've been able to negotiate with the college & the work crew to keep work from starting so terribly early. I was moved to another room which was great...but this room was right above the dumpsters & every dawn, the garbage truck arrived to empty them...& them SLAM them back on the ground. I was too tired to change rooms again so put up with it but I had chosen this hotel on the basis of past reviews mentioning how quiet it was. On the bright side, the staff was wonderful, the room was clean, the bed comfy. The shuttle to Union Station was very helpful but during the summer when the college is on break, the shuttle's last trip to the hotel was just after 7pm. There's still so much going on at that time. It would've been great if there was one or two late shuttle trips at 9:30 & 11:00.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
Steph
"History and Great Breakfast."
I enjoyed staying a place different from the regular run. I enjoyed seeing a bit of the history (great photos on the wall). Made me curious to read more about you and your noble history and mission. Breakfast was a treat the following morning, not only good food, but in the presence of so many international conversations. Your breakfast host was a real gentleman working so hard to please.
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
Air conditioner was weak. Hotel was in the "middle of nowhere ". Far from everything.Parking was far. Construction on the campus. Machines used woke us up early. Housekeeper knocking on door too early-disturbed us.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
all the staff were very helpfull the morning breakfast was great
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"Safety"
On edge of "sketchy"area. Wife felt unsafe if leaving campus. Staff reassured her.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
We don't recommend this hotel to any one.Many better hotels are available for this price.Approach to the hotel is not good.Difficult to locate the hotel for cab drivers.Many construction work is going around causing nuisance.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Poor continental breakfast . No eggs, bacon or other hot food was included . They charge you additional $5 if you want to add it to your breakfast . Refrigerator was not working too but the room was clean .
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Inga
"Hotel offers a shuttle service throughout the day!"
Hotel is very quiet and clean. The hotel offers a shuttle service to Union Station all throughout the day. There is a metro pickup in front of college entrance which is a short walk. I traveled with my daughter, so only two females. We felt very safe.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Vallie
"Could have been better, but main manager fixed.."
As long as you don't mind a moldy smell in the bathroom and having coffee and wash rags isn't a priority for you then this hotel is fine. The main manager did rectify the no coffee/washcloth issue by giving us free parking for the week and apologizing. But the evening desk workers are very rude. On the plus side, there is a free shuttle to and from Union Station which we loved.
4 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Veronica
"Nice Place"
I found the hotel to be pleasant but lacking a pool and amenities. Just the basic for a big price. Overall, if you want to stay on the campus this is your best option.
3 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
"Decent."
The room was nice and the staff were friendly. The neighborhood isn't great and the metro station is a 15 minute walk. Over the weekend there was only one way to leave the campus, which made the walk longer. Also, parking was expensive, but I think I'm just spoiled being from the Midwest and parking being cheap. Overall, couldn't complain and I would probably stay again due to the price.
3 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
"comfortable, clean hotel, on good location"
staff is friendly, rooms are clean and comfortable, the location is great ~10 minutes to union station by taxi. great value.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
Adrian
We came for a DC trip and found the hotel to be perfect for our family trip!!
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Alan
Overall great but location could be a problem but took taxi's and shuttle.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"was clean and ok. for the price it was good."
there for a visit to city. they are kind of far away from downtown, but able to use transit with metro -4 blocks away and get get shuttled in by hotel. everything cost something so remember that. can make coffee in room.
4 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Sally
"Quiet in the city"
This was a very quiet place to stay in DC. The beds were very comfortable. Although not right in the center of the action, the hotel did have a very accommodating shuttle service. One thing that could be improved is the availability of food. The breakfast($) was very limited, and when I was there, other meals were not available.
3 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
"D.C. stay"
Over night stay, staff were very friendly. Could improve on signage for the hotel within campus and from the main street. The hotel location is very central and the shuttle bus a real bonus.
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
this is a nice hotel on a university campus. The rooms are well kept and spacious, the common areas are clean. The staff is not overly helpful when it comes to transportation to and from the hotel. I would not stay here again.
3 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
"Pleasantly surprised"
A last minute business trip to D.C. left me with little choices on hotels that I could afford. I found a deal on the internet for the Kellogg Conference Hotel and I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. Beautiful campus setting was a nice change from the sounds of the city.
1 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
holly r.
"Overall horrible experience"
Check in was horrible, not professional at all. Facilities are way far from downtown cabs will not even go down there. Thank goodness for Uber. Most of the staff were totally unprofessional. On top of it all I left my jewelry bag in the room for a fact and called this morning to only get sorry we can not help you. There are no places to eat in the hotel as they advertise. Needless to say after enjoying Washington, D.C. As much as I did this was the most disappointing of all.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Pamela
"Hotel good but poorly understaffed."
Hotel staff of 1 on weekend... poor management. .. do not expect any help with anything other than checking in after 5 on the weekend. Felt sorry for the lone desk clerk with customers lined up out the door from 5 till 11 pm both weekend nights
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
shawn service m
"Nice area not far from town"
Some of the nearby areas weren't the nicest but we felt isolated from that while staying on the college campus. Rooms were nice and very clean. Only a 10 or 15 minute drive to the northwest part of town.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
Good for family trip. Very quiet compared to hotel in manhattan. Sorry about not being able to use refrigerator.
4 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
HO HYUN
"Clean & Serene; Like a Westin"
From the first contact to the last, each front desk host was warm, charming. & helpful. The room was wonderful; spotless and modern, elegant & comfortable. Will return during each trip to DC. Great rate also. Dr.K
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
jazzy buddhist
"Perfect for wanting to be near Union Station"
The room was great, staff very helpful getting us to and from Union Station.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
"Historic"
Hotel was a great stay in DC. Historic campus with beautiful buildings.Neighborhood was a little scary but relatively close to everything.
2 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
jean
"Historic setting in historic city"
I was very impressed with the Gallaudet campus on which the hotel is located. I did not know when I booked this hotel that the Gallaudet University was founded for deaf students. It was a plus that the hotel helps the University. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The rooms were clean and comfortable. What I loved most was the beautiful campus and historic buildings.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
"Nice college campus hotel"
Friendly staff and hotel in good conditions. The hotel location is a bit challenge; but the hotel provide a good shuttle services to the train stations.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
H
"Kellogg review"
I loved that the Kellogg Conference say on the campus of the university. It was in a quiet area yet only a few minutes from the fun parts of DC.
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"Gallaudet tour"
Toured Gallaudet with our daughter who was accepted to grad school. Great staff and very clean hotel
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
"Last resort"
We stayed for a concert in town. A quick 2 day stay. Parking was $23 a night. That was incredible and ridiculous. The bathroom was a bit unclean, but we looked past it. No mini-fridge! No microwave! Beds were uncomfortable. Room was nice enough and cold on a warm weekend. All in all, stay at a low price if you're in a pinch. Very nice campus though.
2 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
Great for a trip with friends when you don't plan on being in the hotel room much. It is nice but nothing fancy.
1 night trip with friends Jul 2, 2015
I'm going to stay there again
2 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
"No food available inside hotel."
I was led to believe that there would be at least one restaurant available in the hotel. Of all my years of staying at hotels this was the first time there was no access to any breakfast, lunch or dinner at all (I don't think junk food in a vending machine counts). At the second day of our stay we were told of the union market which offered all kinds of exotic foods at very expensive prices. It was a quarter mile away, only open till 8:00 PM. We were not given the pass key that was needed to utilize the gate between the market and the university, which meant at least an extra mile walk with our very overpriced items back to our room. This was the week before the 4th of July, not a week I would consider to be an "off" season in the Washington D.C. area. A bowl of corn flakes, a cup of orange juice and coffee in the morning would have made us feel appreciated.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
Beautiful campus and fantastic services at front desk.
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Sabrina
"Convenient to Union Station"
This is a great hotel. The front desk had take-out menus, the Thai food I had delivered to the lobby was very tasty; there is also an area called Union Market nearby but it closed at 8PM. There is a free shuttle that arrives at Union Station at 7AM, plus the local Metro is a 10-15 minute walk.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
"Awesome"
I was somewhat skeptical after seeing the 3-star rating and reading other reviews (at the time of my booking). Upon arrival, I was greatly impressed. I was given an executive room, which I so relaxing. The staff was incredible and the convenience of the shuttle makes travel to Union Station so simple. I will definitely stay at Kellogg Conference Hotel from now on!
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
Bridget
Very Good Hotel.
1 night business trip Jun 26, 2015
james
"Kellogg Conference Center worth the stay"
had everything I needed BUT - taxis and UBER may not be able to get to the conference center - apparently it depends on the guard at the time you drive in. So you may have to drag your luggage to the front gate and call from there.
1 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
Jenny
"Happy"
The room was roomie. Love the location. School is amazing. Location near subway. Hotel food is too expensive.
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2015