All hotels in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
800 Florida Avenue NEWashingtonDC20002-3695United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
    Good internet service
  • Value for money
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"clean & pleasant"
There was a lot of construction around the hotel entrance, & it was a little hard to find. The staff were very pleasant & professional. The hallways were a little stark & there were a lot of very uniform corridors. The room was clean & the beds were comfortable. Didn't see a fridge or micro-wave. The forced air blew all night & all day too.
2 night business trip Sep 28, 2015
Ben
"A unique hotel location..."
Unique location for hotel. Pleasant and quiet. The negatives were no fridge or microwave, and the shower curtain was mildewed. Otherwise clean and comfortable. The staff provided excellent hospitality and were very helpful. The parking was pricey for a garage a block away the hotel at $22 a day. Everything in Washington, D.C. Is pricey!
2 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
"Convenient to Union Market"
Stayed two nights while exhibiting at the Crafty B*$t*rds show at Union Market. VERY convenient to show. You can park in the hotel garage and wheel your cart across the street to the show. The room was clean and quiet. Decor and furnishings are a little out-dated, but totally fine.
2 night business trip Sep 25, 2015
"Hotel in campus"
The hotel staff we're able to accommodate to my needs and early arrival. The location is in the center of all landmarks and tourist sites. Would highly recommend
1 night trip Sep 23, 2015
Araceli
"nice place"
only one night but room and staff were very nice
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2015
JOanne
"Economical and comfortable, a bit out of the way"
When I travel to DC for business, I like staying here. The Gallaudet campus location is both pretty and interesting, and it is generally the least expensive nice hotel in the central part of the city. It is located in a poorer neighborhood about 15 minutes walk from the closest Metro station, but not one I felt unsafe walking in. There are few dining options in the area, though (a really tasty burrito place across Florida Ave from campus appears to have closed). The shuttle to Union Station is convenient. The room itself is fine (mine had a view of the Capitol Building) with all the amenities, and clean, though the carpet was aging. Desk service was friendly and attentive.
3 night business trip Sep 14, 2015
Ashton
"New to Washington DC"
We were welcomed warmly and staff gave us full attention throughout outr stay. The Bistro was a great place to eat . Staff were good fun and very friendly. We appreciated the bus shuttles to our destinations. Y
2 night romance trip Sep 14, 2015
Baxter
"Good - not perfect!"
I really love this place. It is immaculately clean and things are just a little bit better than most places we stay. However, this time there was a noisy outdoor event on Saturday which made it hard to sleep. I do hate having to pay a big daily price to park when you are already paying pretty much for the room - but that seems to be pretty ordinary in DC.
3 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
susan
"Nice Friendly Secure Area"
Only stayed one night, did some sight seeing and seen a show at the "rock and roll hotel". Less than a mile away so if you choose to indulge it is in walking distance. Friendly and helpful staff. Be aware of a $22.00 parking fee. Not a big deal but it is not included in the room rental.
1 night trip with friends Sep 11, 2015
"Room at school"
Was a great stay... Don't by shy about staying here since its a university. There where no noisy kids to be found. Was very quiet. Room was a nice size and bed was comfym
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
Pedro
"DeafGally"
We liked the room, but that was the small room, huh.... Water from the shower in the bathroom was very low in pressure. We really needed a small refrigerator, but it was not there in that room...why? Just thought that the hotel needs a better improvement or maybe needs a renovation..
3 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
"Best kept secret in DC!"
My wife and I decided at the last minute to take an over night trip to DC, found the Kellogg Conference Center on Hotels.com based on the best value, we were pleasantly surprised on this quiet hotel on the campus of Gallaudet University. It was easy access to all the sites of the Capital and the hotel staff were great.
1 night romance trip Sep 9, 2015
"nice hotel"
hotel excellent. Check in failed to alert me that the gate is locked at 6 pm with no keycard access.
1 night trip Sep 9, 2015
"Not Your Typical Vacation"
Kellogg Conference Hotel is located within the historic campus of Gallaudet University, a school devoted to individuals of all ages that are hearing-impaired. You will be immersed into a culture that is unlike any other as you explore the beautiful campus. There is truly "no other place like this in the world." The hotel has a shuttle that goes to the Union Station, a transportation hub, in DC. Across the street, Union Market is walking distance from the hotel. Local food, drinks and other goods that you cannot miss! The only down side for this hotel was the neighborhood surrounding the campus did not provide the safest atmosphere for tourists. If you are traveling with your family or small children and would like more direct access to the many sites Washington DC has to offer, then I'd opt to stay somewhere closer to the National Mall. However, if you have a little more time and don't mind public transportation, then I would recommend staying here to experience a vacation unlike any other.
3 night family trip Sep 2, 2015
Dexter
Suppose to be king bed was not. Queen bed and not fitted sheets.
1 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
The toilet was plugged up and fixed after I called twice. A lot of construction around which made hard to drive to and from the hotel.
2 night family trip Aug 25, 2015
Vera A
"Affordable, near Capitol"
Had to move room for cleaner bathroom; otherwise great stay.
2 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
It was ok.
3 night family trip Aug 26, 2015
"Nice experience at Kellogg"
The hotel room was nice and clean and comfortable. The hotel was fairly empty and we were disappointed we were placed directly next to other loud guests when the whole hall was sparsely occupied, but we may have been sensitive because we had had a very long day and were tired. The amenities were sparse and there were few food options for late evening hunger. Overall all though a very nice hotel and positive experience. Next time we will make sure we have dinner before we settle in for the evening.
2 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
Kimberly
"A little dissappointing."
The room was good but there wasn't any hotel directory in the room like there was the last time I stayed there. And there wasn't any city guide at all in the room. We wanted to order in food and had no resources. The room was also short on towels and didn't have any extra pillows. Room was clean and all but just lacked some of the extras.
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
Safe and very well
1 night family trip Aug 24, 2015
"Nice to stay on campus but not worth it"
No pool, no refrigerator or microwave in standard rooms. Beds were awful. Very bumpy and uncomfortable. Carpeting needs replacing. No continental breakfast, and the breakfast at the restaurant was way overpriced and not good. Eggs tasted like powder. We were fortunate to get the room for the price Expedia offered and would NEVER have paid what the hotel wanted - regardless of its location.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
Lori
"My experience at Gallaudet Kellogg hotel"
When I first checked in, Maggie, the front desk person was really courteous. Unfortunately, my room did not appear clean. The bed had hair on the pillows, the floor had trash on it (which I picked up) and trash was left in the trash can. In addition, I wiped down the counters and cleaned the corn flakes out of the mini fridge. When I called Maggie about the bed, she promptly sent up housekeeping to make the bed with clean sheets and pillowcases. The other issues I discovered after they left; since it was nearly 10 p.m. (late check-in) I just handled it myself, rather than call down again Pluses--- Maggie was very sweet and helpful. I like the idea of being on campus and felt 'extra secure' since university gates were closed at night. Also, I loved having free shuttle service available to get to DC. Last, I was able to use (for the first time) a vibrating alarm clock, which was helpful- as I am a woman with hearing loss. When I had issues with bug bites during my second to last night at the hotel, I was promptly moved to a nearby room-- no more bites! Negatives- general minor cleanliness issues (i.e. my room) and unvacuumed elevator floor. Also, the room next to me had a door that does not close unless you pull hard (AKA slam!) to shut. Even with hearing loss, I heard that door several times during the night. All in all, I would stay here again. Thank you.
6 night business trip Aug 19, 2015
Debra
Only the parking costs too much
3 night trip with friends Aug 11, 2015
Peng
"Disappointing yet convenient"
Front desk staff was not welcoming - she was going through the motions of registering us and responding to our simple requests (we need more pillows as there were only two pillows on the bed and the pillows were not exactly in good condition. They said they could not bring us more pillows until next day because they had NO access - only housekeeping had access). Staff also let another guest interrupt our check-in, so we had to stand to wait while the staff served the guest with their hotel store refreshment purchases before getting back to us to complete the check-in. Sink faucet had too much water power, so everything was soaking wet. The curtains were damaged, so we had to use makeshift methods to pull the curtains to let the sunlight in. A few furniture pieces were falling apart.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
Petra
"None"
I dont know why one of our rooms was not provided with fridge. When I asked the manager told me I have to pay $29 per night and twenty something dollar for microwave. Anyway I declined to take any fridge nor microwave for one of the rooms. They promised to provide us with free ride to White House, after waiting for an almost an hour, we were told that nowhere to find key to the van, a cab was called that we should pay and come back with receipt to be refunded to us. But when we asked on our departure, were told manager's car broke down on her way to work. Anyway no refund was made to us.
1 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
ISAAC
"To drop off my son at Gallaudet U."
Not bad... just a bit disappointing that we got a "handicapped" room, meaning the only shower, no bathtub.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Higlhly Recommend!"
Great Service. The room was very comfortable, great price. Great location.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
"Good hotel near downtown DC"
Great experience overall.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
"something a little different but cool"
the hotel staff were very helpful ,getting us free shuttle rides to downtown.this made life a lot easier. the food selection was great for adults and a fair price,but hard to find child friendly food. the rooms were big and clean and quiet at night.there was some construction in the day time out front.they have a 12:00 checkout (ahh..)and will hold your luggage after you checkout so you can keep exploring.
2 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
Lloyd W
"A pleasant stay at the Galladet Kellogg Center"
Restaurant service, food , and decor was excellent. Bed and pillows were so comfortable. Room was clean. Had a crack in sink and one coat hanger was broken but that was reported during my stay. Hotel was quiet. Had plenty of towels. Staff was willing to help where they could. Miss having a fridge in the room and microwave but no problem. Construction was going on but the side entrance was available. Campus had police patrolling which is a plus.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Lydia
"Siteseeing stay in DC went off well"
Everything was great, the front desk was helpfull, the hourly shuttle was an added bonus
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
"An ok experience"
Check in was great just a little disappointed that I booked a king size bed room and they gave me two full size beds instead but overall it was a good experience
1 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
Carlos
"Excellent value"
We stayed one night after moving our daughter to DC. The hotel was in a lovely setting on the campus yet convenient to everything. The room was very comfortable and spacious. We would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
"Great Experience"
We really enjoyed the area, was close to everything we wanted to do.
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"DC getaway"
The staff was pleasurable... it was a great feel to the hote....l but we came when the parking was being fixed and that was horrible ...but if you can look past that I do recommended
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2015
warren
"good affordable location out of the city center"
Upon checking into my room, I discovered the smoke detector was missing - just wires sticking out of the ceiling. Upon reporting this to the front desk, I was immediately upgraded to a better room - sweet! Unfortunately, at 6:30 am, I was rudely jarred awake thanks to a jackhammer right below my third floor window! There was construction going on & it was quite unpleasant. I know this is not the normal situation so others probably won't encounter this but the hotel should've been able to negotiate with the college & the work crew to keep work from starting so terribly early. I was moved to another room which was great...but this room was right above the dumpsters & every dawn, the garbage truck arrived to empty them...& them SLAM them back on the ground. I was too tired to change rooms again so put up with it but I had chosen this hotel on the basis of past reviews mentioning how quiet it was. On the bright side, the staff was wonderful, the room was clean, the bed comfy. The shuttle to Union Station was very helpful but during the summer when the college is on break, the shuttle's last trip to the hotel was just after 7pm. There's still so much going on at that time. It would've been great if there was one or two late shuttle trips at 9:30 & 11:00.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
Steph
"History and Great Breakfast."
I enjoyed staying a place different from the regular run. I enjoyed seeing a bit of the history (great photos on the wall). Made me curious to read more about you and your noble history and mission. Breakfast was a treat the following morning, not only good food, but in the presence of so many international conversations. Your breakfast host was a real gentleman working so hard to please.
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
Air conditioner was weak. Hotel was in the "middle of nowhere ". Far from everything.Parking was far. Construction on the campus. Machines used woke us up early. Housekeeper knocking on door too early-disturbed us.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
all the staff were very helpfull the morning breakfast was great
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"Safety"
On edge of "sketchy"area. Wife felt unsafe if leaving campus. Staff reassured her.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
We don't recommend this hotel to any one.Many better hotels are available for this price.Approach to the hotel is not good.Difficult to locate the hotel for cab drivers.Many construction work is going around causing nuisance.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Poor continental breakfast . No eggs, bacon or other hot food was included . They charge you additional $5 if you want to add it to your breakfast . Refrigerator was not working too but the room was clean .
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Inga
"Hotel offers a shuttle service throughout the day!"
Hotel is very quiet and clean. The hotel offers a shuttle service to Union Station all throughout the day. There is a metro pickup in front of college entrance which is a short walk. I traveled with my daughter, so only two females. We felt very safe.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Vallie
"Could have been better, but main manager fixed.."
As long as you don't mind a moldy smell in the bathroom and having coffee and wash rags isn't a priority for you then this hotel is fine. The main manager did rectify the no coffee/washcloth issue by giving us free parking for the week and apologizing. But the evening desk workers are very rude. On the plus side, there is a free shuttle to and from Union Station which we loved.
4 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Veronica
"Nice Place"
I found the hotel to be pleasant but lacking a pool and amenities. Just the basic for a big price. Overall, if you want to stay on the campus this is your best option.
3 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
"Decent."
The room was nice and the staff were friendly. The neighborhood isn't great and the metro station is a 15 minute walk. Over the weekend there was only one way to leave the campus, which made the walk longer. Also, parking was expensive, but I think I'm just spoiled being from the Midwest and parking being cheap. Overall, couldn't complain and I would probably stay again due to the price.
3 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
"comfortable, clean hotel, on good location"
staff is friendly, rooms are clean and comfortable, the location is great ~10 minutes to union station by taxi. great value.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
Adrian
We came for a DC trip and found the hotel to be perfect for our family trip!!
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Alan
Overall great but location could be a problem but took taxi's and shuttle.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015