All hotels in Hamburg, Germany
Alter Wall 40, Hamburg, HH, 20457, Germany, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good stay!"
splendid this will be our hotel in the future
Response by Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall
Dear Bjorn, thank you very much for having taken the time to share the experience of your stay at Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to welcome you back in the near future. Best regards, Gilles Felgen General Manager
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2015
Bjorn
"hamburg at it's best"
Perfect location and great hotel.
Response by Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall
Dear Rogerio, thank you very much that you took the time to comment your stay. Feedback is utmost important to us as it gives us the opportunity to improve. I am particularly proud to read that our team’s service level matched your expectations. I will of course pass the feedback over to my team. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcoming you very soon again in Hamburg or at any other Sofitel Luxury Hotel. Sincerely, Gilles Felgen General Manager
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
Rogerio
"Staff bright and helpful; rooms were dim."
Beautiful high tech hotel with very dim lighting in the room and bathroom. Staff was VERY pleasant and helpful.
2 night romance trip Jan 28, 2015
Jane
"Really nice hotel!"
We had a very good time at the Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall. It's in a great location and the staff is very professional. The room was comfortable and the service was impeccable. We would stay again. Next time, I'll remember my bathing suit!
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
knotty
Great hotel in the middle of everything. Could very much recommend this hotel then we have good experience of other top hotels in Hamburg center.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Fantastic location by Neuer Wall and Rathaus."
€8taxi to Reeperbahn. Great staff. Excellent breakfast. If it were summer time it probably would have been even more centrally located than we realized
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Alex
"Great Moder Style hotel with wonderful staff"
This is well centralized hotel near everything, shops next door, plaza, metro , bus, taxis, restaurants is a big plus, hotel all speak English. modern facility with great view and friendly staff, has free spa services except for massage, great restaurants and café, but a bit high cost, lucky great café around the corner and amazing buildings al over. free internet and top notch quality in everything.. amazing beds.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
jonhhy
"Close to good restaurants and the city hall."
One of the best hotels I have stayed in....beautiful rooms with everything you could need. Staff was very cordial and helpful to us as US visitors. The breakfast buffet was expensive, but well worth the price. Even had champagne!!
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
JC
"Nice hotel in the city center"
The location of the hotel is right in the center of Hamburg. Facilities are excellent. The hotel has a spa and an indoor pool. The room was spacious with bathtub and shower. Everything was in a very modern style which I prefer.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
kk
"Wonderful stay, like always."
Ive stayed at Sofitel Alter wall before, and I always have a great stay. Helpful staff, nice atmosphere, clean and tide rooms - and not to forget the spa, which is very relaxing. Location is good. Not far from city centre, and if you going farther, it takes two minutes to get a taxi!
3 night business trip Aug 10, 2014
MM
"This is a Great Hotel in Hamburg!"
We completely enjoyed our stay in this beautiful hotel. Our rooms were very spacious and clean. This hotel is in a wonderful location where you are able to walk to many shops and restaurants as well as other attractions. We felt very safe in this neighborhood and we highly recommend this hotel!
2 night trip Aug 10, 2014
Stephanie R.
"Great except for the unreliable internet"
Loved the hotel and location.My only complaint was the highly unreliable free and paid internet service...that was problematic.
2 night trip Jul 28, 2014
Very convenient and central hotel. Very good overall.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Great hotel in a great location of the city!"
From the bell staff to the front desk staff to the, concierge, restaurant staff and managers, all were knowledgeable, cordial and seemed like they genuinely liked helping visitors and all of them seemed to enjoy their jobs. I've never seen a staff so universally helpful and pleasant. Food offered in the restaurants was good and again the staff was helpful.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Anita
"excellent location"
Stayed 5 nights and staff was very nice and helpful. Most everyone spoke english well! Spa was wonderful/ workout facility was good for those who enjoy treadmill/ cycle/ eliptical. They do have light dumbells, but don't expect to keep your routine. Wifi was slow but did it's job. Couldn't stream videos which I had expected to do for entertainment. Breakfast was wonderful. Easy travel from airport along S1 train which has stop right next to hotel. Close to other train stations too. Overall experience was great! I would definetly stay again.
5 night trip Jun 1, 2014
Jm
"Convenient location."
The power switches are very confusing. The coffee maker instruction is not clear. The wash sink plug did not work properly. Not quite to the standard of 5 stars, although it is a nice hotel.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Close to Downtown / Shopping"
Great location. The hotel does ask for a print out of the booking confirmation when you check in. And if you don't have it, they are extremely rude about it. The room itself is lovely, the beds are so comfortable. The wireless internet barely worked in our room though - only in the bathroom for some reason. The other family members we stayed with did not have a problem though.
3 night family trip Apr 24, 2014
The room was very clean, well-decorated. The staff was friendly and helpful, and it was a great value. Highly-recommended.
1 night business trip Apr 6, 2014
Herman Bluestein
"Great location and very comfortable"
Super Hotel. Helpful staff and very comfortable beds.
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
ian
"Perfect Place in Hamburg"
The Sofitel Alter Wall is located in the city center, close to shopping, sights, and transportation. The hotel itself is a pleasure, with well appointed and spacious rooms and a large lobby that is never congested. The front desk service is excellent with the staff eager to assist in answering questions and providing information about restaurants, shopping, sight seeing, etc. A very positive experience at this hotel!
Other trip Jan 11, 2014
Phillip
"top hotel in hamburg"
perfect overnight stay. Top comfort hotel. The concierge was very helpfull. Would definitely stay here again ! The only complain - there could be a coffe maker etc in the room. J Pavlik Denmark
1 night trip Nov 22, 2013
Jaromir Pavlik
"It is very good in the city centre"
Everything is good
Other trip Nov 7, 2013
m
"Rooms"
Rooms are not the biggest but a nice hotel all the same. Could have better iron no steam means u spend quite some time ironing. Its has wifi a decent spa and swimming pool centrally located.
2 night business trip Oct 21, 2013
Ak
"Beautiful hotel with comfortable bed"
Although we only stayed one night at your hotel, we would stay there again and recommend it to friends. The concierge was very helpful with recommending a restaurant for dinner and directing us to places we wanted to go.
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2013
Anonymous
"Location, location, location"
Perfect location to visit the city on foot or other means of transportation. Very capable and friendly concierge that loaned us umbrellas when it was pouring. The room felt a little small but cleverly arranged. The view on the canal was perfect.
Response by Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall
Dear CD, we very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. In addition it is nice to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a positive experience at the hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcoming you very soon again in Hamburg or at any other Sofitel Luxury Hotel. Sincerely, Gilles Felgen General Manager
3 night romance trip Aug 19, 2013
CD
"Terrific business hotel in heart of city."
The front desk staff bent over backwards to give me the best room possible. They upgraded me--twice. The room was modern, beautiful, comfortable, large and luxurious. And the price was right. I couldn't have asked for a nicer stay.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
we loved the hotel very close to public transportation very close to all the sights. staff was very helpful.rooms were very nice had all the amenities we needed. can't wait to go backi.
Response by Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall
Dear patty, thank you very much that you took the time to comment your stay. Feedback is utmost important to us as it gives us the opportunity to improve. I am particularly proud to read that our team’s service level matched your expectations. I will of course pass the feedback over to my team. Moreover I am pleased to read that our modern room with the soothing MyBed concept and exquisite bathroom make your stay an unforgettable experience. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcoming you very soon again in Hamburg or at any other Sofitel Luxury Hotel. Sincerely, Gilles Felgen General Manager
11 night family trip Jul 24, 2013
patty
Perfect location for those who are going to explore everything in Hamburg! You don't need public transportation (except for the airport) because everything is a stone's throw away. All points of interest are within a 10 minute short walk radius.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
"great place"
wonderful english speaking staff. very nice place!
Response by Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall
Dear MVKOD, thank you very much that you took the time to comment your stay. Feedback is utmost important to us as it gives us the opportunity to improve. I am particularly proud to read that our team’s service level matched your expectations. I will of course pass the feedback over to my team. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcoming you very soon again in Hamburg or at any other Sofitel Luxury Hotel. Sincerely, Gilles Felgen General Manager
1 night trip Aug 9, 2013
MVKOD
"Very satisfied"
Overall excellent. It is an excellent hotel, and was reasonably priced.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
"Tennis at Hamburg"
Its a very nice hotel that is well located. The restaurant is a bite expensive. Rooms are ok, but don't have double beds available.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
philip
"Comfortable and convenient, as always"
Sofitel is dependable for comfort in the room, great service, and great food. We will stay there next time, as well.
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2013
"Meticulous and friendly staff, plus great location"
An excellent hotel with an incredible staff from the valet to the room cleaners. Reception exceptionaly professional. The location is great with easy access to the beautiful City Hall, shopping, and Class A restaurants.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2013
"A perfect hotel !"
Excellent location and very good service both at reception and in restaurant and breakfast room. You do not need anything you could not get at Sofitel !
Other trip May 31, 2013
Alpo
"Perfect"
Perfect
4 night business trip Mar 31, 2013
"Excellent for families and business people"
The property is an absolute gem. Large comfortable room with great bathroom and walk-in shower. Friendly and helpful staff. Light and airy lobby and tasteful interior design. Centrally-located in downtown Hamburg and a well-organized, luxurious spa that is perfect for ending a long-days work or touring. Breakfast, albeit on the expensive side, offers a rich buffet of cold and hot items and was delicious.
Other trip Mar 19, 2013
TroubleShooter
A very well run hotel, close to everything. If you are driving paln your route to the hotel it is tricky.
Other trip Oct 28, 2012
"No complain."
Clean, pretty nice hotel. Price was reasonable, perfect location for both business and vacation. Hotel staff was very nice and professional. Highly recommended.
Other trip Sep 25, 2012
AR
"Nice hotel, dreadful wireless connection"
I have stayed here several times and always found it comfortable, convenient and well-priced. In the past I did not rely on wireless as I did this time for iPhone and iPad. The wireless connection, although free, was just terrible and kept cutting out constantly and unpredictably, no matter where in the hotel I used it -- room, bar, lobby, etc. The hotel staff are well aware of it and apologetic, but this did not help me. Since I use Skype a lot, and since this was a business trip, I regret that I will not be able to consider this nice hotel again unless/until they bring their wireless network upto a decent standard.
3 night business trip Sep 17, 2012
"Good . . . but could ne more guest-friendly"
Like in many other hotels, rooms at Sofitel in Hamburg become available to arriving guests at 3PM (15:00). Since the hotel advertises to overseas guests (US, Canada, etc.), those guests arrive in the morning hours (my flight arrived at 7:30 AM), I was asked to cool my heels in the lobby from 8:30 am until 3 PM - a very long 6 1/2 hours after a sleepless night. Since the flight personnel of my United Airlines flight arrived at the same time as I did, it surprised me that they were promptly given rooms. Where there's a will, there's away . . . After I complained quite a bit, a room was 'discovered' and made available to me before noon. A more guest-friendly hotel would have found a solution to this problem. For example, a room cleaner could have been scheduled to arrive very early to start his or her regular work shift. But there seems to be no such interest in accommodating guests at this hotel. Dining room food was acceptable, with its service above average. A 'Mescaline Salad' is on the menu! Concierge service was limited to eight hours every day, but the concierge was a winner.
Other trip Sep 17, 2012

"Hamburg heaven"
Only 2 nights but so glad we chose this hotel. Location couldn't be better and our room was exceptional.Would be our 1st choice for a return visit.
Response by Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall
Bonjour Patrick, thank you so much for rating your last stay at Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall. I highly appreciate it and I would personally like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experiences during your recent stay at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel! Best regards, Gilles Felgen General Manager
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Patrick
"Calm, clean, comfortable"
Immaculate rooms and calm atmosphere. The spa was wonderful and not to be missed.
Response by Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall
Dear Carol, We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. Sincerely, Gilles Felgen General Manager
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
carol
"Nice handy location for all."
We found the staff extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful - would include the room service staff we encountered in this ... normally it is the reception staff who bring the praise, but the room cleaning staff on the second floor should be acknowledged for their service with a smile attitude too. Our experience was one of a very clean, settled and peaceful hotel environment and the quality of the furnishings and building made it worth the money. HOWEVER...... we were mildly disappointed to find that the room did not have any tea/coffee making facilities provided within... if this had been so then our stay would have been perfect instead of the 'extremely satisfied' we find we can judge on the hotel here. We would recommend to others to definitely stay here - we found it most useful for both the city centre, shops, rail connections as well as the local Elbe river and harbour facilities.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Les
"Outstanding"
Excellent service and hotel facilities. Very relaxing spa. Great (but expensive) breakfast buffet. I would definitely go back.
Response by Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall
Bonjour Guest, thank you very much for staying at the Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall and for taking the time to write this feedback. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as we have committed ourselves to make you feel at home while away. I am particularly proud to read that our team’s service level matched your expectations. I will be happy to pass your feedback over to my team, of course. Moreover I am pleased to read that our modern room with the soothing MyBed concept and exquisite bathroom make your stay an unforgettable experience. In addition it is a pleasure to read that the great morning buffet with french flair met your expectations and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. Once again, thank you very much for your comments and we would be pleased to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall, business or leisure brings you to Hamburg. Sincerely, Gilles Felgen General Manager
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
"Dont go for the classic ootion..."
... unless you can bear the grinding noise of the U Bahn trains going round the corner just in front of the hotel! Pay the extra for the better room and forgo the breakfast which is overpriced for what it is. I would not bother to stay there again in spite of the great location.. but there are other hotes nearby without the disadvantages.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Filly
"Central, but quiet!"
I very much recommend this particular Sofitel. It sits in the centre of town and I was quite surprised to find it unusually quiet (bliss!) Hotel bar, spa and breakfast areas were very enjoyable experiences.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Nike
"Amazing service, Top Quality Hotel"
Very nice hotel with incredible service. I found the room small compared to North American standards. Was disappointed it did not have a whirpool / hot tub. Breakfast buffet was very expensive (30 Euro per person) and did not offer a good variety. The food was the same every day.
3 night business trip Apr 6, 2015
Ryan
I only spent one night in the hotel but it was very comfortable and I found the staff pleasant.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Shame about the pricing!"
Hotel staff and location very good, our room was spacious and comfortable; but.... if I was a business traveller than 30 euro per person for breakfast may be acceptable but for a break away it was just too high. So we ate out every morning.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
"Lovey hotel with friends"
I stayed at this hotel for the last 4 days with a group of 15 friends as it was my mates 30th birthday. The rooms very perfect & staff very helpful
Other trip Mar 2, 2015