All hotels in Hamburg, Germany

Room is all right
  • Value for money
    Poor value for money
"Sofitel stay"
Quality Hotel in a very good location best part of the city, surrounded by great restaurants shops and the railway station. Staff were polite, helpful and easy going. We had a deluxe room which was well sound proofed and air conditioned. We had a canal side view on the 6th floor. Tastefully decorated we spent 4 nights as it was our chosen destination after deciding on our marriage celebration after a 16 year relationship. Hamburg is a great relaxed well organised city. Made us want to explore all of Germany.
Response by Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall
Dear Den, thank you very much that you took the time to comment your stay. Feedback is utmost important to us as it gives us the opportunity to improve. I am particularly proud to read that our team’s service level matched your expectations. I will of course pass the feedback over to my team. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcoming you very soon again in Hamburg or at any other Sofitel Luxury Hotel. Sincerely, Gilles Felgen General Manager
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
DJ
"Sofitel in Hamburg Old Town"
Modern executive & tourist hotel on a slightly sterile, but crucially safe street in the old town with a central location in Hamburg 'Old Town' and great transport links (Underground & Suburban train S-Bahn direct from the airport). Just a short walk north to the shiny tourist centre (Town Hall, top shopping, Alster Lake) and south, west and east to more authentic and slightly seedy Hamburg neighbourhoods, e.g. Alsterfleet Square, Grossneumarkt and Hamburg Harbour, where one can eat and drink outdoors and watch the world go by - ask locals for directions. Central location makes the hotel a great base from which to see central Hamburg and the harbour, while surrounding bakeries, cafes and restaurants (again ask for local advice) obviate the need to indulge in expensive hotel food while offering an arguably more authentic experience. Apart from the privacy issue mentioned below, I really enjoyed my 3 day stay at a good price, though I might look for an apartment for a 7-10 day, e.g. to cover a language course. Anyone on a first visit, should make a point of touring the Alster Lake on one of the old steam ferrys, eating 'Geröstete rind mit Remoulade & Bratkartoffelen' and 'Apfel Strudel' at a Cafe on the Alsterkaden walkway, walking along the Harbour and/or taking a harbour tour, drinking beer and people watching at a bar on the Grossneumarkt, visiting the St Nikolai War Memorial ascending the church steeple for a panoramic view of Hamburg ... further advice from locals.
Response by Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall
Dear Old HH Hand, thank you very much that you took the time to comment your stay. Feedback is utmost important to us as it gives us the opportunity to improve. I am particularly proud to read that our team’s service level matched your expectations. I will of course pass the feedback over to my team. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcoming you very soon again in Hamburg or at any other Sofitel Luxury Hotel. Sincerely, Gilles Felgen General Manager
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Old HH Hand
"Well priced hotel close to the city centre"
Stayed here for 2 separate nights, check in staff were impeccable each time. Rooms very good, very comfortable, clean and modern. Felt like home from home. Main advantage of this hotel is the proximity to the city centre and public transport. The nearest train station is 150 metres away, and you can reach the airport from it (as well as the main city rail station). You can also buy a Hamburg Card, which gives you unlimited usage of the public transport for however many days you pay for (we paid for the Up-to-5-people one for 2 days, for €30). Combine this with the proximity to the hotel, and you can easily visit the entire city without using taxis. The main shopping precinct is about 300 metres away if that's you're kind of thing!! We took a cab from the airport to this hotel (and back again at the end of the visit) - we paid €25-30 for each journey.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"Hamburg heaven"
Only 2 nights but so glad we chose this hotel. Location couldn't be better and our room was exceptional.Would be our 1st choice for a return visit.
Response by Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall
Bonjour Patrick, thank you so much for rating your last stay at Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall. I highly appreciate it and I would personally like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experiences during your recent stay at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel! Best regards, Gilles Felgen General Manager
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Patrick
"Calm, clean, comfortable"
Immaculate rooms and calm atmosphere. The spa was wonderful and not to be missed.
Response by Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall
Dear Carol, We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. Sincerely, Gilles Felgen General Manager
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
carol
"Nice handy location for all."
We found the staff extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful - would include the room service staff we encountered in this ... normally it is the reception staff who bring the praise, but the room cleaning staff on the second floor should be acknowledged for their service with a smile attitude too. Our experience was one of a very clean, settled and peaceful hotel environment and the quality of the furnishings and building made it worth the money. HOWEVER...... we were mildly disappointed to find that the room did not have any tea/coffee making facilities provided within... if this had been so then our stay would have been perfect instead of the 'extremely satisfied' we find we can judge on the hotel here. We would recommend to others to definitely stay here - we found it most useful for both the city centre, shops, rail connections as well as the local Elbe river and harbour facilities.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Les
"Outstanding"
Excellent service and hotel facilities. Very relaxing spa. Great (but expensive) breakfast buffet. I would definitely go back.
Response by Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall
Bonjour Guest, thank you very much for staying at the Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall and for taking the time to write this feedback. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as we have committed ourselves to make you feel at home while away. I am particularly proud to read that our team’s service level matched your expectations. I will be happy to pass your feedback over to my team, of course. Moreover I am pleased to read that our modern room with the soothing MyBed concept and exquisite bathroom make your stay an unforgettable experience. In addition it is a pleasure to read that the great morning buffet with french flair met your expectations and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. Once again, thank you very much for your comments and we would be pleased to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall, business or leisure brings you to Hamburg. Sincerely, Gilles Felgen General Manager
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
"Dont go for the classic ootion..."
... unless you can bear the grinding noise of the U Bahn trains going round the corner just in front of the hotel! Pay the extra for the better room and forgo the breakfast which is overpriced for what it is. I would not bother to stay there again in spite of the great location.. but there are other hotes nearby without the disadvantages.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Filly
"Central, but quiet!"
I very much recommend this particular Sofitel. It sits in the centre of town and I was quite surprised to find it unusually quiet (bliss!) Hotel bar, spa and breakfast areas were very enjoyable experiences.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Nike
"Amazing service, Top Quality Hotel"
Very nice hotel with incredible service. I found the room small compared to North American standards. Was disappointed it did not have a whirpool / hot tub. Breakfast buffet was very expensive (30 Euro per person) and did not offer a good variety. The food was the same every day.
3 night business trip Apr 6, 2015
Ryan
I only spent one night in the hotel but it was very comfortable and I found the staff pleasant.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Shame about the pricing!"
Hotel staff and location very good, our room was spacious and comfortable; but.... if I was a business traveller than 30 euro per person for breakfast may be acceptable but for a break away it was just too high. So we ate out every morning.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
"Lovey hotel with friends"
I stayed at this hotel for the last 4 days with a group of 15 friends as it was my mates 30th birthday. The rooms very perfect & staff very helpful
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
paul
"Brilliant location for this 5* hotel"
Location of the hotel superb - not far to walk anywhere. The rooms were big and comfortable and I would definitley go back there again
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
Towcester lady
"Nice hotel but poor food"
I have eaten twice now at the bar restaurant any and the food is awful. Burger wasn't freshly made and food is generally bad. Hotel rooms are nice however bed is uncomfortable, pillows wafer thin and even thou I asked for a quiet room, I was kept up most of the night by the noise of a train.
1 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
Zac
"Comfortable hotel close to city centre"
Rooms are great, ours overlooked the canal so was very quiet. Staff were exceptionally welcoming and very helpful, making restaurant suggestions and reservations for us. The bar was good too - nice smiley service, good atmosphere and nice nibbles! Had breakfast in the room, which was fine, so didn't use the restaurant although it did look a bit lacking in atmosphere. We liked the café which served the best cappuccinos and croissants - a good alternative to breakfast. Overall, a comfortable and well-situated hotel within easy walk of all the major city centre sights and great shops.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Lovely hotel close to centre"
Very enjoyable especially the spa. Food in restaurant excellent
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"LOCATION"
Sofitel's location is wonderful. Many of the tourist attractions were within 10 minutes(walking) Sophie at the concierge's desk was the best her recommendations and knowledge of the city was very helpful, She resolved any issues (almost none)efficiently and with a smile she is an asset to the hotel. My Ipad was not working properly she verykindly helped me out. Everything was very positive with all the staff.
2 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
"Fabulous hotel in the centre of Hamburg"
Really lovely hotel on the canal and minutes from the centre of Hamburg. The staff were very friendly and helpful , couldn't do enough. We went for the Miniature Wonderland which was within easy walking distance and well worth the trip, a brilliant place.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Sue
"Fantastic hotel in a brilliant location"
Wow! What a hotel! Stayed here for the weekend and fell in love! The room was fantastic, clean and spacious and the bed was simply amazing! The hotel bar was great, as was the spa facilities. Staff were warm and welcoming! Could not fault it
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Rachel
"Good hotel in good location......"
Good stay. Enjoyed the hotel breakfast which was fabulous !! The area around has many restaurants and some shopping too which was nice. Overall a good stay.
2 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
Ranjit
IN
"nice location, by the water, next to old port"
staff is quite quick to clean up my room. The staff work at front desk is very prfoessional and efficient, friendly as well.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Jane
"Excellent hotel."
Excellent hotel and very friendly staff. Would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"great location in central Hamburg"
great location- staff not very warm, professional but not great. SPA was awesome. interior design not very stylish nor hip anymore. Sofitel used to be a lovely design hotel but it seems the interior design is suffering under a new designer. It lost the Bauhaus chic and the stylish feel to it. but ok for a night.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
BJORN
"2 day stay"
forced to use room service just to get a cup of tea! No facilities for tea or coffee in room. Room service didn't understand a request for milk with tea - language issue as I'm sure most British guests still have milk in tea these days
2 night romance trip Dec 17, 2014
Bernadette
"Excellent bar service"
Excellent service from all the staff in particular in the bar who made us feel like regulars on our second night
4 night romance trip Dec 11, 2014
"A great base for the Christmas market experience."
We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay at Sofitel Hamburg. It was just a short walk from the underground station. The hotel was tastefully decorated for Christmas. The staff were helpful and spoke good English. The room was spacious and bed comfortable. The only fault I could find was that the toiletries were a bit sparse, bearing in mind we arrived with carry on luggage only with minimal toiletres allowed. We thoroughly enjoyed the pool and spa area which had good facilities and was relaxing, especially after a day walking around the various Christmas markets on offer. The walk to the biggest Christmas market was just about 10 minutes away. We didn't have breakfast or try any meals as we eat out. However if you go this week ( 14th Dec.), two of their restuarants are being refurbished so be aware.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Brilliant Hotel"
I don't normally leave reviews but I absolutely had to for this. Fantastic location, in the middle of the centre and nearby to everything. Very clean, and most importantly the staff are absolutely wonderful and very helpful. The room was great and the bed was so comfortable and it made it a challenge to get up. I would highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Great 5* hotel everything you'd expect from one."
Hamburg is a nice area and very different from what I'm used to but good to see a different cities.For a couple of days the city is fine but I wouldn't say any longer. German people are very friendly and now on my list of friendly people around the world :-) Great city otherwise but maybe it could use an influx of investment in the sector foreign dinning. Local German food was great but the City needs more diversity.
Amit
"Great hotel but shabby internet"
Great hotel with amazing service from staff but ultimately I cannot recommend if you're going to Hamburg for business. As someone that travels for work I was incredibly disappointed by the internet speed. I could not complete the work I needed to accomplish in advance of my meetings as the internet was either slow or go in and out nor could I have video chats with my family. This is incredibly important to my while traveling. If internet is not important to you, this is a great hotel. Furthermore, the attached restaurant would close early before the actual stated closing time. Within walking distance to many locations but in the immediate vicinity, not too much.
2 night business trip Oct 26, 2014
Darren
SG
"Excellent stay"
everything you would expect from a sofitel, the hotel was lovely and the service was excellent. When we arrived at the metro station not being local the receptionist (Irene) even offered to come and find us, which in the end was not necessary. The only gripe was there was some clever photography on the pool and it is actually quite small. would i stay again Yes,
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
Stewart
"weekend stay"
I was in Hamburg for a party & to visit friends. The Sofitel was excellent, the room & service superb. The only down side was the cost of the breakfast. At 30€ it was expensive.
2 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
"SMALL ROOM"
I AM VERY SHOCK SMALL ROOM FOR ONE PERSON, NEED GOOD SPACE.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
PAM
Great
4 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
BJ
"Lovely Hotel"
Enjoyed our stay at the Sofitel Family of four, so the large room with loads of space was very comfortable and the beds were super comfy. Coffee machine was great. We used the Hotel Car park for 26 Euros a day, there was probably cheaper car parks however this was very convenient. Lovely relaxing swimming pool with spa area that we used each day, (beware if you have young children of the naked people walking around the spa area) We are vegetarian so we didn't have the buffet breakfast as they don't tend to work out very good value for money for us, however there was a 'Crobag' cafe 2 minutes walk away that 'set us up' for the day.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Lee
"Brilliant location for business or vacation travel"
Stayed on business. Very comfortable. Close (short walking-with-suitcase distance) to S and U-bahn transport and the staff were very good. The location is brilliantly central with excellent shopping and food options.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Beautiful hotel"
Beautiful hotel, very close to central square and harbour areas. Staff and facilities all excellent. Highly recommend staying here
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Simon
"Awesome Hotel"
This is one of the best hotels we stayed in and Hamburg was awesome! We checked in late and the hotel. Was busy so we got a double upgrade to our room. It was beautiful and very clean.
"Lovely Waterside Hotel in a Great Location!"
Great contemporary hotel in surperb location, close to high end shops and boutiques and waterside café. Good size rooms room and big bathrooms.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Sandra
"Hotel in Centre of Hamburg"
Holidaying during world cup was possibly a mistake, especially as Germany won (good luck to them). Enjoyed the stay but found the staff's inability to chat to guests a bit of a problem.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Wally
"Best stay ever..."
Absolutely faultless. Says it all really! All staff were so friendly and there was no language barrier as they all spoke to us in English. Would very highly recommend.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
"Great Meal"
Lovely hotel, great location. Enjoyed the spa and had a particularly nice meal on the terrace overlooking the water.
1 night business trip Jun 2, 2014
C Kelly
"very nice"
happy to stay again, good location, comfy beds, nice breakfast!
1 night trip May 27, 2014
"Great location and very comfortable"
We stayed 1 night following a cruise, and the port shuttle bus dropped us close to the hotel, at the Rathaus. We were luckily upgraded to a luxury room, which was outstandingly comfortable, with a great canal view. The hotel is modern, chic and clean. Although the service was generally excellent, service in the bar was brusque, and when I ordered a green tea I was brought a highly perfumed variety - I was not told that there was a range to choose from, which I discovered in the excellent cafe, where we enjoyed excellent coffee and bagels.
1 night romance trip May 26, 2014
"Modern hotel in a very good location"
A modern hotel in a good central location. Rooms spacious and well kitted out including Nespresso coffee machine and Bose wave radio. Room generally clean although carpet had coffee stains. Also confectionery in the mini bar has been opened and not replaced. Spa was nice, although deceptively small. Facilities overall good and staff attentive- bar staff were excellent. In general we had a very relaxing stay and we would return. Tip - ask for a waterfront room- view is much nicer.
Other trip May 6, 2014
Adam
"Lovely hotel in the city centre"
Check in was swift considering it was just after midnight. The receptionist told me my room was on the first floor. He didnt tell me that the first floor was split level and which level my room was on. The signage didnt tell me either! I have stayed in one of the Paris hotels of this chain a lot and it is of a very high standard. This hotel was mostly up to standard, apart from the curtains in my room which had holes in the lining letting the light in in the morning. Another layout of blackout curtains would be helpful. Checkout was busy and people pushed in front of me, there was not enough staff in place for a midday checkout. I liked the swimming pool area, worth a visit. I would stay here again, hopefully the manager can address the improvements suggestions.
Other trip May 5, 2014
ADS
"Nice enough"
The hotel was nice enough. Great breakfast, super clean and perfect location. Was a bit disappointed not to have a bath in my room, also I found one girl on the front desk to be particularly unhelpful. The bed was very comfortable though
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2014
"Very nice hotel right in the centre of town."
Very nice hotel ideally located in the centre of Hamburg. Staff were very helpful and professional when needed. We got a free upgrade and the room was very sumptuous and comfortable with Bose soundsystem which was great.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"Lovely room, very clean, excellent location."
Stayed for two nights for a weekend away. Excellent location, friendly staff, comfortable and spacious room and impeccably clean. Would recommend and would definitely stay again if returning to Hamburg.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
ht
"Perfect and relaxing"
This was a wonderful hotel in a great location, the rooms are fantastic especially the beds there so comfortable. The spa is lovely and relaxing aswel. Overall a great hotel would definatly come back
Other trip Jan 31, 2014