All hotels in Hamburg, Germany
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereAlter Wall 40, Hamburg, HH, 20457, Germany, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Excellent hotel."
Excellent hotel and very friendly staff. Would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"great location in central Hamburg"
great location- staff not very warm, professional but not great. SPA was awesome. interior design not very stylish nor hip anymore. Sofitel used to be a lovely design hotel but it seems the interior design is suffering under a new designer. It lost the Bauhaus chic and the stylish feel to it. but ok for a night.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
BJORN
"2 day stay"
forced to use room service just to get a cup of tea! No facilities for tea or coffee in room. Room service didn't understand a request for milk with tea - language issue as I'm sure most British guests still have milk in tea these days
2 night romance trip Dec 17, 2014
Bernadette
"Excellent bar service"
Excellent service from all the staff in particular in the bar who made us feel like regulars on our second night
4 night romance trip Dec 11, 2014
"A great base for the Christmas market experience."
We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay at Sofitel Hamburg. It was just a short walk from the underground station. The hotel was tastefully decorated for Christmas. The staff were helpful and spoke good English. The room was spacious and bed comfortable. The only fault I could find was that the toiletries were a bit sparse, bearing in mind we arrived with carry on luggage only with minimal toiletres allowed. We thoroughly enjoyed the pool and spa area which had good facilities and was relaxing, especially after a day walking around the various Christmas markets on offer. The walk to the biggest Christmas market was just about 10 minutes away. We didn't have breakfast or try any meals as we eat out. However if you go this week ( 14th Dec.), two of their restuarants are being refurbished so be aware.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Brilliant Hotel"
I don't normally leave reviews but I absolutely had to for this. Fantastic location, in the middle of the centre and nearby to everything. Very clean, and most importantly the staff are absolutely wonderful and very helpful. The room was great and the bed was so comfortable and it made it a challenge to get up. I would highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Great 5* hotel everything you'd expect from one."
Hamburg is a nice area and very different from what I'm used to but good to see a different cities.For a couple of days the city is fine but I wouldn't say any longer. German people are very friendly and now on my list of friendly people around the world :-) Great city otherwise but maybe it could use an influx of investment in the sector foreign dinning. Local German food was great but the City needs more diversity.
Amit
"Great hotel but shabby internet"
Great hotel with amazing service from staff but ultimately I cannot recommend if you're going to Hamburg for business. As someone that travels for work I was incredibly disappointed by the internet speed. I could not complete the work I needed to accomplish in advance of my meetings as the internet was either slow or go in and out nor could I have video chats with my family. This is incredibly important to my while traveling. If internet is not important to you, this is a great hotel. Furthermore, the attached restaurant would close early before the actual stated closing time. Within walking distance to many locations but in the immediate vicinity, not too much.
2 night business trip Oct 26, 2014
Darren
SG
"Excellent stay"
everything you would expect from a sofitel, the hotel was lovely and the service was excellent. When we arrived at the metro station not being local the receptionist (Irene) even offered to come and find us, which in the end was not necessary. The only gripe was there was some clever photography on the pool and it is actually quite small. would i stay again Yes,
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
Stewart
"weekend stay"
I was in Hamburg for a party & to visit friends. The Sofitel was excellent, the room & service superb. The only down side was the cost of the breakfast. At 30€ it was expensive.
2 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
"SMALL ROOM"
I AM VERY SHOCK SMALL ROOM FOR ONE PERSON, NEED GOOD SPACE.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
PAM
Great
4 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
BJ
"Lovely Hotel"
Enjoyed our stay at the Sofitel Family of four, so the large room with loads of space was very comfortable and the beds were super comfy. Coffee machine was great. We used the Hotel Car park for 26 Euros a day, there was probably cheaper car parks however this was very convenient. Lovely relaxing swimming pool with spa area that we used each day, (beware if you have young children of the naked people walking around the spa area) We are vegetarian so we didn't have the buffet breakfast as they don't tend to work out very good value for money for us, however there was a 'Crobag' cafe 2 minutes walk away that 'set us up' for the day.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Lee
"Brilliant location for business or vacation travel"
Stayed on business. Very comfortable. Close (short walking-with-suitcase distance) to S and U-bahn transport and the staff were very good. The location is brilliantly central with excellent shopping and food options.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Beautiful hotel"
Beautiful hotel, very close to central square and harbour areas. Staff and facilities all excellent. Highly recommend staying here
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Simon
"Awesome Hotel"
This is one of the best hotels we stayed in and Hamburg was awesome! We checked in late and the hotel. Was busy so we got a double upgrade to our room. It was beautiful and very clean.
"Lovely Waterside Hotel in a Great Location!"
Great contemporary hotel in surperb location, close to high end shops and boutiques and waterside café. Good size rooms room and big bathrooms.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Sandra
"Hotel in Centre of Hamburg"
Holidaying during world cup was possibly a mistake, especially as Germany won (good luck to them). Enjoyed the stay but found the staff's inability to chat to guests a bit of a problem.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Wally
"Best stay ever..."
Absolutely faultless. Says it all really! All staff were so friendly and there was no language barrier as they all spoke to us in English. Would very highly recommend.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
"Great Meal"
Lovely hotel, great location. Enjoyed the spa and had a particularly nice meal on the terrace overlooking the water.
1 night business trip Jun 2, 2014
C Kelly
"very nice"
happy to stay again, good location, comfy beds, nice breakfast!
1 night trip May 27, 2014
"Great location and very comfortable"
We stayed 1 night following a cruise, and the port shuttle bus dropped us close to the hotel, at the Rathaus. We were luckily upgraded to a luxury room, which was outstandingly comfortable, with a great canal view. The hotel is modern, chic and clean. Although the service was generally excellent, service in the bar was brusque, and when I ordered a green tea I was brought a highly perfumed variety - I was not told that there was a range to choose from, which I discovered in the excellent cafe, where we enjoyed excellent coffee and bagels.
1 night romance trip May 26, 2014
"Modern hotel in a very good location"
A modern hotel in a good central location. Rooms spacious and well kitted out including Nespresso coffee machine and Bose wave radio. Room generally clean although carpet had coffee stains. Also confectionery in the mini bar has been opened and not replaced. Spa was nice, although deceptively small. Facilities overall good and staff attentive- bar staff were excellent. In general we had a very relaxing stay and we would return. Tip - ask for a waterfront room- view is much nicer.
Other trip May 6, 2014
Adam
"Lovely hotel in the city centre"
Check in was swift considering it was just after midnight. The receptionist told me my room was on the first floor. He didnt tell me that the first floor was split level and which level my room was on. The signage didnt tell me either! I have stayed in one of the Paris hotels of this chain a lot and it is of a very high standard. This hotel was mostly up to standard, apart from the curtains in my room which had holes in the lining letting the light in in the morning. Another layout of blackout curtains would be helpful. Checkout was busy and people pushed in front of me, there was not enough staff in place for a midday checkout. I liked the swimming pool area, worth a visit. I would stay here again, hopefully the manager can address the improvements suggestions.
Other trip May 5, 2014
ADS
"Nice enough"
The hotel was nice enough. Great breakfast, super clean and perfect location. Was a bit disappointed not to have a bath in my room, also I found one girl on the front desk to be particularly unhelpful. The bed was very comfortable though
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2014
"Very nice hotel right in the centre of town."
Very nice hotel ideally located in the centre of Hamburg. Staff were very helpful and professional when needed. We got a free upgrade and the room was very sumptuous and comfortable with Bose soundsystem which was great.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"Lovely room, very clean, excellent location."
Stayed for two nights for a weekend away. Excellent location, friendly staff, comfortable and spacious room and impeccably clean. Would recommend and would definitely stay again if returning to Hamburg.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
ht
"Perfect and relaxing"
This was a wonderful hotel in a great location, the rooms are fantastic especially the beds there so comfortable. The spa is lovely and relaxing aswel. Overall a great hotel would definatly come back
Other trip Jan 31, 2014
katy and colin
"Nice hotel; wonderful location"
The hotel is well located in the centre of Hamburg. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. The facilities within the hotel are good although we were disappointed that there was no other option other than the high end restaurant or room service for eating in the evening.
Other trip Jan 31, 2014
"Great hotel close to the heart of Hamburg."
We had a very enjoyable stay at Sofitel Hamburg. Lovely room in a hotel with good facilities. Made use of the pool and spa every day and enjoyed a couple of drinks in the small bar, expensive but attentive service. Reception staff all good, we were welcomed by Carsten who was wonderful, full of great suggestions for our stay. My first visit to Hamburg, since I was a student did not dissapoint. Hotel is also really easy to reach from the airport using the S-Bahn.
Other trip Jan 29, 2014
Caroline
"Excellent Hotel in great location"
Lovely hotel in great location (just round the corner from the Rathaus). Th Hotel was within easy walking distance of the main areas of interest in the centre and close to tube and train stations (at Rathaus and Rodingsmarkt). The staff were very helpful and friendly. We were very pleased with the hotel. The only minor thing was the breakfast which was Euros 29 per day per person which for a party of 4 staying for 4 days seemed a bit excessive - but not a problem as there are many cafes nearby serving nice breakfast.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
fantastic
Other trip Dec 20, 2013
Lin
"Top location for enjoying Hamburg Christmas market"
Stayed two nights and although we arrived midmorning our room was ready for us. The main Christmas market at the Rathaus is a few minutes walk, with the other markets also within easy walking distance. It was good to relaxin the hotel spa when we were not visiting the markets. My only criticism wouldbe the lack of food available within the hotel at this time of year. Not only one single restaurant open, but a set meal too. No coffee shop either nor bar snacks. Everything lse exactly as expected froma first class hotel.
2 night trip Dec 15, 2013
domfrontqueen
"Faultless experience"
Arrived at 1pm and check-in not due til 3pm but our room was ready and we were able to use it immediately. Booked a superior room and was not disappointed. Good size room, super soft big bed and spacious bathroom with bath and shower. Sofa, TV and and Nespresso machine all super. Had a nice view over the canal as well. Fast and free WiFi easily accessible. Drank in the bar a couple of evenings which was very pleasant. Used the spa a couple of times which was very relaxing and well appointed. The hotel and rooms are immaculately clean and very nicely decorated. All the staff are very pleasant and friendly. The hotel is in a perfect position very near the city centre and close to the S-bahn station. Did not eat in the hotel so can comment on the food. Love this hotel. Cannot recommend it enough and if I return to Hamburg will definitely stay here again !!
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
Purecelt
"Great hotel but be choosy about the rooms"
The rooms are really nice but the u-Bahn runs all night at the weekend so if you're a light sleeper ask for a room on the canal side. Breakfast was also very expensive so we went to the coffee shop across the road.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
Cathy
"Just Perfect"
I have stayed in this hotel before - it is within walking distance of the main shopping area, the underground and other facilities. This time the Christmas markets were open - just lovely
Other trip Nov 28, 2013
"Great hotel. Great location"
Me and my wife went on a 3-day trip to Hamburg. The Sofitel exceeded our expectations: central location, really friendly and helpful staff, great room and facilities (e.g. spa). Recommended for anybody looking to take a short break to Hamburg.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
Alex
"Nice but over priced"
The Hotel room was really nice and we enjoyed our stay but a few key things hampered our view on the hotel. The first was when checking in the reception neglected to inform us that they would be blocking a security deposit of 1700€! The other was we left some clothing in the hotel and it took calling the hotel 4 times before I received and response into whether they had found the items or not. Overall the hotel is beautiful with amazing rooms and extremely comfortable beds but they do need to improve in a few areas. If you are happy paying the extremely overpriced room rates then this hotel is for you...
3 night trip Nov 1, 2013
"Very good location for anything you want to do"
Modern hotel with really good rooms. Location is great with easy access to u and s banns. Spa nice and bar staff were all very friendly. Only small issue for us is no tea or coffee making facilities and to order to room in quite expensive but this would not stop me returning to this nice hotel.
Other trip Oct 17, 2013
sarah
"Nice and smart"
As expected from a Sofitel, good standard and good treatment. high price for the rooms.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2013
"A very luxurious Hotel to stay in"
The Hotel is located in the perfect position to get to all the attractions of Hamburg. It is a great place to stay and the hotel includes all the amenities you could need. We wouldn't hesitate to return next time we are in Hamburg.
2 night family trip Sep 2, 2013
Peter and Rhonda
"Good hotel, great location"
My first stay in a five star hotel was nice but I was probably expecting a little more from that grading. Not to take anything away, it is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in but small issues with the room such as noisy fridge, shower door not closing, etc. Hotel has a great location and as Hamburg is not a big place all the sights we visited were within a 20 minute walk.
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
"Amazing"
What a great hotel. The room was beautiful designed and an excellent size. Views over the Elbe. You can always rely on excellence at the Sofitel
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
mrmakeup
"Centrally Located"
The staff was very professional.
3 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"Typically excellent Sofitel standard"
Fantastic location and stay. They need to be careful as some staff not up to the usual Sofitel customer service standard.
Response by Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall
Dear wsaunders1981, thank you very much for taking some time to inform us about your opinion and your impressions of our hotel. We assure you that it is our highest ambition to have satisfied guests who are looking forward to return to our hotel. Therefore it is much to our regret that your stay in our hotel did not perfectly match with your plan and expectations. Please allow me to express my sincere apologies. Criticism and hints how to do things better, will help us to reach our goals and increase our guest’s satisfaction. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and we do hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Sincerely, Gilles Felgen General Manager
6 night trip Jul 30, 2013
"Excellant birthday break."
Excellent. Disappointed with the price of breakfast/ evening meal. Feel the hotel did it self no favours especially going out into the city( which was close), and seeing what was on offer. For the general traveller and business person. The hotel has a great local and this could be used more to its advantage.
Response by Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall
Dear Guest, thank you very much for having commented your stay at Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall. I will share your feedback with our team and I am sure it will serve as motivation to keep our high service standards. Kindly be informed that we offer different choices of breakfast, so please do not hesitate to contact our restaurant staff during your next stay. In addition I am pleased to read that our modern room with the soothing MyBed concept and exquisite bathroom make your stay an unforgettable experience. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcoming you very soon again at the Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall. Sincerely, Gilles Felgen General Manager
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
"Great location and very comfortable hotel."
Excellent central location. Ideal for taking photographs of central Hamburg at 06:00 in the morning. With the rent hot weather of 35c it was a massive advantage to go into a fully air condioned hotel. I would stay there again.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Earwig
"Truly 5 star"
I have rarely stayed in a hotel which truly deserves a 5 star rating. This hotel is in that class. Its accommodation, service and upkeep are truly exceptional. It serves the best breakfast I have experienced in 45 years of world travel! The hotel is central, on the main train line from the airport and has an outlook over one of the city's many canals.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
"Fantastic Hotel"
Lovely hotel, fabulous service. Breakfast was a little pricey. I would stay again.
1 night trip Jul 14, 2013
First time I've ever been this satisfied. First class service all round. I've stayed in many so called 5 star hotels and in this case it was clear they earn the stars. No attempts to con you out of money with wifi charges or extras to use the facilities. Excellent and helpful staff.
2 night trip Jul 13, 2013