All hotels in Gresham, Oregon, United States of America
121 Ne 181st Ave, Gresham, OR, 97230, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

"Good for the night"
We were just passing through this night and this was a great stop. There is a grocery store and other conveniences nearby.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2014
Africa Traveler
"Not bad, not great"
Decent stay. Our television reception was terrible, we had to fuss with the cable connections to be able to watch half of the channels listed on our guide sheet. Breakfast was lame but not horrible. Location was fine, we were just there for an overnight stay after watching the fireworks in Portland. If we had stayed longer than one night I think we would have looked elsewhere.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Poor service"
We complained that the toilet flush in our room was not working. The person in charge made the problem worse by again trying to flush the toilet which resulted in water overflowing into the room. We asked for a change of room, but the hotel manager refused it and was really mean with his words when we tried to reason with him. In the end they did change the room after we called the customer care. A very bad disappointing service.
2 night family trip Jul 5, 2014
I was very satisfied with the room and staff.
2 night family trip Jul 2, 2014
Elaine
When you walked in the office snd down the halls you smelled smoke, it smelled like a casino, not to appealing to people who don't smoke
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Okay"
The Super 8 was simply okay. The service was terrible and the location not so great. The continental breakfast was stale or old. But the rooms where clean, the bed was decent and there was semi-okay water pressure in the bathroom. To be honest, I'll never stay there again, and found better looking hotels closer to Portland.
2 night trip with friends Jun 15, 2014
Windy
"Great Customer Service"
Was an overall good stay. The majority of the staff was helpful and informative, and our room was very nice and clean. Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a less-expensive hotel with good qualities.
2 night trip May 21, 2014
"nothing to fancy"
The neighborhood is a bit sketchy but hotel is nice enough. Room was clean and quiet. The only complaint is to ventilated the room when cleaning.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
Olivia
"nice with good location"
A nice hotel located close to light rail. The placed is clean and the bed was ok comfort wise. The hot tub room was nice for a budget hotel. The breakfast was very basic, corn flakes and bran flakes, coffee, juice, packaged buns, toast,and waffles. For being on a busy road it was a pretty quiet room. Two floors with no elevator. Overall a good place for the price.
Other trip May 31, 2014
webowls
"Terrible hotel"
I booked a non smoke room, but they gave me a smoking room. Then I requested them to switch me to a non smoke one, but they refused and no way to cancel or refund. Their attitude is very bad. When I entered the room, bad smell, broken lights and old tv. The smoke hurt my eyes and throat, I cannot stay there then I escaped and selected Days Inn nearby. If cheap means everything to you, you can book this hotel.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"clean rooms lack luster employees"
I stayed in one of the evergreen rooms on the second floor. No elevator only stairs. The employees refused to deliver towels or more toilet paper. I had to leave my room and get them myself. Walking all around the hotel. But the rooms were spacious and clean.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"Excellent value"
I was very surprised at cleanliness and general well kept state of this motel. My room was comfortable and clean. But the thing that was just heaven was the fact that they have a Jacuzzi. And it was clean and working! After a full day of driving, and the night before starting my 20+ hour trip back home - soaking in that Jacuzzi was just brilliant. Tip: From what I saw, the motel is quite a way out from Portland and not very accessible by public transport. But if you have a car, then this is a great place to stay.
1 night trip May 7, 2014
Tony
"Falling apart"
Curtain hanging off wall. , faucet sprayed water everywhere, sink didn't drain and others staying there were living there. Scary neighborhood
Other trip May 11, 2014
Darlene Urbach
"convenient for our needs"
The hotel itself was clean and convenient. The staff was inattentive and often missing from front desk; actually saw more of cleaning staff. Had to go to front desk to get towels missing after room was cleaned-hadn't expected towels to be taken-you know-Be Green-re-use towels!! Have stayed at Super 8 Motels all over, especially on trips to Mid-west-continental or regular breakfast have always been good-this time was only waffles or cold cereal-absolutely nothing else! No juice, no water, no fruit (other than apples)-had to go to McDonald's for breakfast!
Other trip May 10, 2014
"On light train line"
Granted, I've stayed much closer to Portland Center, but this is very accessible, being a scant block from the MAX TRAIN (Blue Line) at E 181st. There are places to eat authentic home-prepared food, and an economical bar, a block away, across Burnside Street. There is a tiny shopping center at the street corner. Gasoline at the ARCO station at the street corner is the cheapest I saw, 35-40 cents LESS than Shell or Sunoco. Expedia price was excellent.
Other trip May 5, 2014
Bruce
"exellent value"
The staff at the hotel were great. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel was dated however; it was clean. at first I was a little nervous but after meeting the staff I was more than pleased with my stay.
4 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"Good value..."
Well priced located very close to eastern sections of Portland with easy travel to most parts of the city. Hotel is far from highways and quiet at night. It is locatd on a main street which gets busy about 9am, not enough to wake a sound sleeper. Hotel is clean but has dated furnishings and appliances. You save alot compared to hotels in Portland.
2 night trip Mar 21, 2014
"Great Experience And Great Price"
Fantastic staff, friendly courteous helpful and professional. Stayed 11 nights. Room was great, no problems with noise or noisy people. Got a great price online. Bed was very comfortable. Normally I have trouble sleeping in hotels, but not this one. The neighborhood is not the best but that is not the hotel's fault. There is a police station within walking distance so I was never concerned. Lots of shopping and restaurants close by. Housekeeping was excellent, prompt and helpful. I would recommend this hotel.
6 night trip Mar 5, 2014
Alan Wallace
"mediocre"
The sink was draining poorly.
2 night business trip Mar 6, 2014
"Yuck...smoky!"
We weren't asked if we wanted a smoking or non-smoking room when we booked the room. When we got there, we were told we were placed in a smoking room and there were no more "non-smoking" rooms at this price. We had to pay $4.44 to "upgrade" to a non-smoking room. Was that little amount of money worth it to them when it gave us a bad vibe about them? The halls smelled of smoke..yuck. Lots of sketchy looking people around the neighborhood. We heard the front desk people joking about "the altercation" that happened in the morning. We don't know what that was about, but after seeing the people around the area, we can only imagine...Breakfast was really lame. Brown bananas, tiny old apples, white bread for toast. They did offer yogurt and waffles, which were OK. The bed was comfortable.
Other trip Mar 12, 2014
"It was fine"
It would've been better if I had not booked a smoking room, but I can't degrade the hotel for something that was my fault. Also, it about 15 minute drive to downtown Portland so if you are doing a lot downtown you may want to find something closer. The drive did get annoying after a while.
3 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Nolan
"Noisy Street"
The room was right on a busy intersection and major street. The exit to my room was next to the exit to the street(clear glass door and windowed wall from floor to ceiling) and I felt awkward being momentarily exposed to people waiting in traffic. At two different times and with two different females at the front desk I received extremely poor customer service. One woman was on a personal phone call while simultaneously "serving" me, and the other was watching her kids, scolding them, and making dinner plans as I was checking in. Will not return on my next trip and will not recommend to others.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"The hotel was in convenient location for us."
We were very impressed with the hotel staff. Everyone was extremely pleasant and eager to please. Our only problem was that the toilet wouldn't shut off and we had to correct it repeatedly.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
SC
"Rude management, bad neighborhood"
The management at this property is quite rude and very inconsistent between the different managers. Single queen rooms are tiny and almost the entire room is taken up by the bed. Rooms could be cleaner. The hotel is in a pretty rough area of town that at night I would not feel safe walking in alone.
2 night trip Feb 1, 2014
Ace
"Rude management / bad neighborhood"
Would not stay at this place again! The management at this location is quite rude and very inconsistent from day to day. The cleanliness of the room was so-so. The bed was clean but the rest of the room could have been better, kind of a bit worn. The room size felt like a jail cell with the queen bed using up almost the entire floorspace of the room. The hotel is located in a pretty bad area of town, not an area that you want to walk around alone at night!!!
2 night trip Jan 30, 2014
I was very satisfied with my stay the only concern I had which wasn't an issue for me but could see that it could be a potential problem! The entrance at the end of the building which we I was asked to use was a bit scary, the lighting wasn't very good and you had to walk into a dark area with only one way in / out except for the door! People hung out in the tree area made me think that area would be a muggers/rapists dream!
2 night trip Jan 25, 2014
Teresa
"Smokey"
The room was okay but the lobby and especially hallway smelled awful due to cigarette smoke. Ugh.
1 night trip Jan 17, 2014
Inespensive and thought I might get a run down hotel but it was fine. Not the greatest part of town but not sleazy. I thought the hotel was well maintained and the staff was very helpful. They even had a waffle maker which fed my kids well for breakfast.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
"Needs renovation but clean. Friendly staff."
Enjoyed stay but would have liked them to offer hot coffee all day during cold weather
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
"Negative Reviews are True"
The room was not the room I reserved according to the picture that I saw and the room rate that went along with it. We reserved a bigger King Suite non-smoking, but got a smaller room. Hotel staff said that this room was their King Suite, but it was not the same as the picture so I was disappointed as we wanted a bigger room and I paid for a bigger room. Hotel staff said they couldn't do anything about it as I went thru Expedia. They also said that Expedia chooses what picture they show. So was not a happy camper. Toilet would act up about three times a night waking us up. Hall smelled like smoke which came into the room. We could also really hear the people above and beside us... walking around, coughing, etc... Don't stay here because of the Continental Breakfast! No stopper in the sink. Did not check out the spa.
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
Debra
"good location"
We were pulling a horse trailer, the parking lot is really tight - so I wouldn't reccommend for large moving trucks or trailers. Otherwise it was fine.
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
Shelli
"Great for what I needed"
Price is right and it was great for an over-night stay in the area I had errands in. Clean, comfortable and relatively quiet. Adequate breakfast. I'll stay there again when I go to town to shop and run errands.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
"Overall an OK hotel"
Beds/Pillows were uncomfortable but the staff was helpful.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2013
Paula
"good deal for price"
the hotel is close to the waterfalls and downtown..if you dont want to spend an arm and leg..this is a great choice.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"Comfortable and convenient to MAX light rail"
The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was pretty good. The location was extremely convenient to the MAX light rail and we took advantage of that both days. Room comfort only suffered from a noisy refridge.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2013
"Walls paper-thin, hear traffic and people"
I NEVER would've booked a smoking room but somehow my reservation got turned into a smoking room, so when I checked in, I had to pay an extra $11.25 to get a NON smoking room. I was very unhappy about that! The female front desk receptionist was very nice. The super obese man in the morning was very rude and even annoyed that I expected him to do his job. It was hard to sleep because we could hear every car/truck drive by, people inside walking through the hall and outside.
1 night trip with friends Sep 14, 2013
Ally
"Comfortable stay in a so-so area outside Portland"
Since it was our first visit to Portland, I didn't realize how far outside of the city our hotel was. Aside from the unfavorable location of the hotel itself, we had a good stay at this Super 8. The best part of the hotel by far was their all-star staff member, Becky. She was extremely welcoming and made us feel instantly comfortable checking in and put us in a great mood to start out our weekend trip.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Nice hotel, decent price"
The room is a bit small. But you get what you pay for. The nice thing is the price includes breakfast. Nice location, close to train
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
Nick
Overall the room was clean; however the hallway carpeting was very dirty looking. The advertised breakfast was very poor, almost non-existent.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2013
"Clean hotel, great price."
I had stayed at this hotel on a previous trip to the Portland area so I knew it was a clean hotel in good condition. I was surprised to get such a great rate though. Nice surprise.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
"BEDS! WERE FANTASTIC! EASY ACCESS"
Other than the noisy outside and NO screen on window, clean and beds were great!
2 night family trip Jun 9, 2013
Super 8 Motel
"Good hotel for the $"
Nice people, clean room, small parking but I like it.
1 night business trip Jun 5, 2013
"It's Cheap for a Reason"
Smoking is allowed, so of course the entire place stinks. The gal at the front was fantastic, but I was sorely disappointed once we got to our room. The toilet was broken and made an awful noise each time it was flushed. The bathroom light flickered creepily like a scene from a horror movie. The bed and pillows were hard. The window opened to an abandoned lot and nearby trash pile. I will say that the towels were soft. The continental breakfast consisted of waffles, yogurt, cinnamon rolls, and cereal (with beverages) and was only served until 9:30am. The spa was "out of order" the second night we were there. The location is very convenient for the MAX, but not in a very nice neighborhood. I'd definitely recommend spending an extra $20/night for a much nicer hotel in a much nicer area of town.
Other trip Jun 8, 2013
Jaime
"Quick Stay"
The hotel fit the bill. One night stay on a business trip. 1/2 block from Max Light Rail system so easy for me since i did not have rental car. No frills room that was comfortable. Friendly staff. Adequate complimentary breakfast in the morning.
1 night business trip Jun 3, 2013
Greg W.
"traffic"
room 204 was bad right next to very busy street you could hear cars all night
1 night trip Jun 3, 2013
bryant
"Won't go back."
Locatiion was good, the hallways smelled really bad. We heard people coming and going all hours of the night. Went to shower and water wasn't even lukewarm, ran water thru coffeemaker to have hot water for sponge baths. Best part was the waffles at breakfast.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2013
"A good value"
The accommodations and service were what you would expect for a motel in this price range. I would come back to stay at this motel without hesitation if comparing similarly priced motels in this area as I feel it was a cut above what I have experienced in the past.
1 night family trip May 26, 2013
"A worth while exprtience."
The motels evening staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. The location was within 15 miles of everything we wanted to do in the Portland area with easy access to the freeways or main surface roads. If you like using alternative transportation the MAX light rail was close at hand as well. Your not likely to find a place to dine nearby unless you’re into fast food but we did find one excellent small Chinese restaurant close. The motels complimentary continental breakfast is uncomplicated with very limited seating so go early or be prepared to wait in line for the waffle maker and or table. The motel does have onsite laundry facilities if you need them and a small spa. While I cannot rate this motel as outstanding I would recommend it to a friend as it is most likely one of the best accommodations you will find available in the greater Portland area in this price range and for us that was important, we will be back!
2 night trip May 24, 2013
Great hotel for a vacation in Portland when you don't want to stay or drive in the city. The metro is a block away and about a 30 minute trip into the city. There are plenty of restaurants, drug stores and a movie theater within walking distance to the hotel. Very pleasant experience especially for the price we paid.
3 night trip May 16, 2013
"Good stay."
It was a good stay. Nothing fancy but did the job. Lady at the front desk upon check in was awesome. Great personality along with being very helpful and great conversation. The morning person in charge of the breakfast was very rude. I walked by the room for the breakfast, which I think starts late at 6:30am as most people are up and gone by then, and there was a hotel guest in there at 6:20am and he was grabbing a pastry and drink. So I walked in and started to grab a pastry and an apple to go and the guy came out of the back room and very rudly confronted me saynig the breakfast did not start for another 10 minutes. I said that the other person was getting something and just wanted a quick couple of items for the road. He said the other person "asked nicely" and I allowed him to and that you didnt so put it back. Very rude mannered and confrontational!!!!
1 night business trip May 9, 2013