All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America

Good internet service
    Poor vibe
    Uncomfortable
"Nice place."
Loved the ability to have breakfast in room using the full stove, microwave and refrig. Room was great. Bathroom was small for the room size. Balconies and pool. Car parking was $25 a day but quick valet service.
6 night romance trip Jan 2, 2016
Not Provided
"Older Well Maintained Property"
Property is aged, but in decent shape. Small rooms but we didn't come here to hang in the room! Front desk staff very nice. Hotel was quiet, with great AC and comfy bed. A good value for price paid considering super close location to beach, bus, food and shopping. It's not 5 star, but it is great for mid-priced clean lodging. View was decent.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2015
Timothy G
"Just okay"
Hotel was clean, nice decor and rooms have been updated. Pool area was very nice. Service was okay. Room air conditioner rattled. Our last night the ceiling leaked from room above. Of course hotel maintenance was responsive. We moved ourselves to another room and hospitality fee of $15.00 was waived. Parking at hotel was not available so we had to park in adjacent area. Compensation for service level interruption levels were lacking. Need to upgrade service levels.
3 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
"unexpected surprise"
I reserved this hotel for a 3 night family outing. It might be considered a 'budget' hotel by Waikiki standards and I wasn't expecting too much either. However, I was blown away by te service, amenities, and the room itself. our last 3 nights was at a more trendy and much newer (expensive) hotel a few blocks away that I was considering an upgrade from the bamboo. However, I ended up regretting my decision to relocate hotels as the bamboo had everything we needed and much more. Highly recommend. FYI, they have great show and comp. food on Thursday evenings, if there parking gets full, the overflow parking is literally right next door so there is no unnecessary walking, and the downstairs coffee machine ($1) serves up a fantastic latte
3 night family trip Dec 3, 2015
Stephen
Aqua Bamboo was a great choice if you don't plan on spending too much time in your room. Big enough for two people. Small kitchenette. Balcony view was blocked by other hotels but it was not too important. I would definitely stay here again to be close to stuff in Waikiki.
3 night romance trip Nov 6, 2015
Alan
"Good location but noisy and aircon didn't work"
Friendly staff and nice outdoor pool area. Great location (just 5 min walk from Waikiki beach) but air-conditioner was super loud and then didn't work so then we had to open the window and there was roaring traffic outside. Shower was in a really bad state too.
1 night romance trip Nov 17, 2015
Melanie
It was pretty bad. We wouldn't stay here again, nor would we recommend it to anyone else. Definitely sub-standard and not at all as advertised. No stars for this hotel!
3 night romance trip Nov 8, 2015
"Always Great..."
As a regular Aqua properties customer I can never complain about the service at The Bamboo Boutique Hotel. They always go out of their way to make my stay pleasant and worry free. Kimare'(sp?) & Aja at the front desk are ambassadors of Aloha!
2 night romance trip Nov 3, 2015
It was great.
2 night trip Oct 28, 2015
Not Provided
"Great value, friendly hotel in convenient location"
Hotel upgraded us to a larger room for free. Bed was comfy, AC was cool and comfortable. Hotel was in good condition, elevators ran smoothly and the room was clean and well kept. Staff was super friendly and very helpful! Location was great - easy walk to food and shopping. We took a bus to the Hilton beach. I wish we could have stayed longer but it was just a quick stop helping a friend move back to the mainland. Would definitely stay again next time I'm in Hawai'i. We were given pineapple juice at check-in and a box of chocolate covered macadamia nuts at check out - what's not to love?
2 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2015
Juliana
Love the hotel! Will stay again!
1 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2015
melissa
"Beach getaway"
We had a very nice stay at this hotel. The room was comfortable and clean. The hotel is a bit older but well kept, also very close to the beach which was convenient. I would and will stay here again.
7 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
Stephen
Super friendly staff, very helpful, very accommodating. Close to everything, great happy hour. Would def stay again.
8 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
"Excellence"
By far the best customer service I received in my 10/days of traveling in the islands. The staff was constantly doing extra things to help me. Aja, Raymond, Kimari and the rest of them. And when I came by a few days later with an extra request involving the billing and my corporate account, again they answered with high marks and friendliness. Hospitality is the #1 industry in Hawaii but it doesn't mean everyone there is good at it or cares. Just go to a car rental agency (Thrifty, cough cough) to see what bad service and apathy looks like. Aqua Bamboo nails customer service.
2 night business trip Aug 19, 2015
Zachary
"Loved this hotel and would stay again"
We really enjoyed our room, but be aware that not all rooms are the same. We had friends book through another website into a privately owned unit. Their room was nothing like ours. We had two nice beds, lots of bamboo, three small balconies, one with a partial ocean view and even a small fountain! Staying in the hotel gives you beach towels and chairs. The staff was amazingly helpful, getting us inexpensive rides to various attractions. You are about two blocks walk to the beach and lots of shopping and restaurants. One hint...if you need it very quiet to sleep, ask for a room on the pool side. The street side can get loud unless you are on a high level.
3 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Edward
"Weekend stay"
Aja was such a wonderful greeter! She helped us get settled in and everything that we needed to do all the while with a smile and cheerfulness. She made us love our trip as soon as we walked through the door!
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Eliaza
"2 blocks from the beach"
We had a 4th floor room that faced the street. There was traffic noise most of the night. Luckily the air conditioning drowned it out a bit. Problems with sink and shower were fixed very promptly. Staff at desk and concierge desk were extremely helpful and accommodating.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Sheila
We had a Great time at this hotel, the staff was awesome and the hotel was kept up very nicely for an older hotel. We really enjoyed the peaceful pool area. This hotel was located close to the beach, about 2 blocks, and the grocery store. Also close to many restaurants and shops.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
"Good price on nice hotel"
This is a very cute hotel and I liked the view
2 night business trip Apr 12, 2015
Marshall
"No Air Conditioning!"
For the Amount I spent to stay just one night in this hotel, I was pretty Disappointed on how there was no Air Conditioning. If they expect the guest to not have AC & Go green, they should at least put windows so we didn't have to sleep with the Sliding doors open. Checking In the Guy was very very helpful & Nice. Checking out the Lady at the front desk wasn't really great at greeting & I got no good-bye , Not even a "thank you your transaction was finalized" Just a plain snob. Only reason for staying here was because a friend lived here. I would def. not be returning, & I do not recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Anonymous
"1st time to the island"
Warm weather. Could walk to just about everything at Waikiki. City busses easy to get to. Lots of different things to do. Recommend the Rock-a-Hula Show and buffet package . Snorkeling is a great time; visit the aquarium first so you know what kind of fish you are seeing while snorkeling.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
Renae
"Nice hotel located on one of the main streets"
Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Only complaints would be the sink splashes and the air conditioning is a little loud.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Mandy
"Affordable close to beach"
Beside one rude receptionist we had great service and friendly help. The pool and hot tub were a little old and not that appealing but Wikkii Beach is right around the corner.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Botique"
Very nice boutique hotel.
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
Timothy
"Good affordable choice"
Overall, I was quite satisfied with my stay here, which was a layover prior to a flight to Australia. This hotel is not in pristine shape, and certain details (such as a virtually nonfunctional business computer center) detract from what is otherwise a well- located, personable and affordable hotel in Waikiki. The location is only two short blocks from the beach and the great shopping on Kalakaua Avenue; and although the immediate surroundings are not by any means elegant, I still felt safe walking alone at night. What I think makes this hotel very appealing is the warm and helpful staff, the good price considering the high prices in Honolulu, the fresh orchids tucked everywhere in the room, and the feeling that you were in a small hotel and not just part of a huge high rise hotel. I had a 10th floor room for which I was grateful, because I imagine that street noise might be an issue on lower floors. I did not hear any interior noise, but again my room was kind of tucked away on a high floor.
1 night trip Nov 27, 2014
"Hotel Condition"
If you need a place to get there late at night/early morning to sleep, take a shower, and leave the next morning going after your sport or date, this hotel may be a good choice for you. But if you are a social / economical minded person, would like to learn form your trip and other cultures, family oriented and have kids with yourself, work hard to make your money and care where your money goes, then the following may be helpful. PRO: - Hotel location and hotel swimming pool area. CON: - Noise from the refrigerator, AC, and street (it seems the windows are well sound proof). - The hotel building and the elevator need a major renovation, elevator outside doors are either so dirty, worn out, or both, they look terrible. - Arrived at daylight when easy to see, the bed sheets were very dirty with long hairs in it and black oily stains left from human body. They were not replaced for at least two weeks or so. At least, you expect to have fresh sheets at you first night when you arrive. Had them to replace. - Little tiny pin-point creatures that is hard to see (like very very small ants) running all over the counter tops and floor. - Not sure what is the $15/day hospitality fee plus 4.7% tax for, but it would be nice if all of the Waikiki hotels use a fraction of this money to provide a shelter and food for the homeless people in town. Saw no more than 10 homeless individuals wondering around the Waikiki in a very poor and heart breaking conditions. These rich hotels in town with
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Very dated hotel in Waikiki was a big let down"
The room was okay... nothing special...but not bad either. However the rest of the hotel was embarrassing. Very dated with wood-paneled dark hallways. Rundown. The pool was very small, but nicely secluded. No breakfast. Some staff very helpful, some not knowledgeable. Good location. The photos were very misleading and I was definitely let down. I was embarrassed having the cab drop me off.
Charming hotel let down by some technical issues in my room.
TR
"Overall disappointing."
The desk staff were friendly enough but could not help me to print out an invoice of what I had already paid on expedia plus my parking and "resort" fee. This is no resort! I was also offered the option to park my car myself or the valet could park it for the same price. There were other hotels in the area with similar ratings (I'm not sure why theirs were as high as it was) and similar price point. Perhaps it was just my floor, but everything was worn around the edges from the bathroom (the sink had an overly large faucet - could not lean over to wash my face), and it had clearly been some time since the last renovation. I'm not one to write reviews, but I would consider other options if you can. Location is definitely what you are paying for here.
"Booking with Expedia"
Paid for the hotel in full upon arrival. At checkout, hotel staff approached us with another $100 bill for a resort fee that was not included, stated, or shown in any way on the Expedia price summary. Be extra cautious about hidden charges, the prices you are quoted are less than the charges you will receive!
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
"I'll be back"
Excellant staff. Easy checkin. Kitchen stocked well with pots and pans (not the scratced up teflon ones). Clean bedding and bathroom facilities. My only complaint is it was a noisy room. Why would I come back? You can put earplugs in if you have a heavy sleeping companion. Or request a room on the ocean front. Having stayed in Waikiki many times, it was faster and easier to get to the beach than one of the high rises on the main drag. They have free rental of beach chairs and such. Healthy places to eat nearby, if you're so inclined. Can walk to biweekly farmers market two blocks away on Tues/thurs.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Marty
It was expensive with the view to the pool ok but when we returned the room view was terrible to be charged for coffee to the room and housekeeping etc was ridiculous The staff were helpful
4 night trip Oct 15, 2014
Simon
"Good stay"
Not super fancy but a solid place to come to after being out and about. Friendly staff nice location in relation to the beach and shopping.
3 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"Small intimate Hotel"
The service was excellent from woe to go, friendly obliging helpful staff.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Ana
"Parking"
We were able to get the things done that needed to be done. We were able to walk to Church. The PARKING structure has a steep driveway which means we had to be careful not to scrape the front of the car going in and out. The STAFF was nice and very attentive. The game box in the lobby was a good idea but limitted Candyland and a few puzzles I wanted scrabble or Menolpy The drinks in the lobby well appreciated Beach towels a real Plus Having a full kitchen in our room helped so much The INTERNET was always good in our room We stayed 12 days Thanks The Chee Family
10 night business trip Aug 12, 2014
Chee
"Excellent hotel one block away from the beach"
Hotel is really quite allowing for comfort and relaxation. Hotel staff is friendly and make you feel welcomed the moment they greet you.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"great accommodations for a family"
Very happy with this hotel, and I am fairly picky. All staff, from housekeeping, to desk staff, to concierge were friendly and helpful. The pool is small but was not crowded, and even had some shade for when we had had enough sun. They provide beach chairs to take with you on the short walk over to Waikiki Beach for no extra charge, which was a great bonus to us. The rooms were not large, but they were clean and comfortable. The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the beach. I would definitely stay there again.
3 night trip Aug 8, 2014
"Classic HI"
Was in town for business and this hotel is exactly what I wanted to come back to to help me remember I was on an island paradise. Cute lobby, nice staff, great little pool and spa, perfect restaurant in the middle, most convenient location of any hotel- walking distance to everything! I was even able to sneak in a morning surf session. Can't wait to go back.
3 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
KM
"Great location, clean room, but a bit dated"
The hotel has a great location just a couple blocks from Waikiki beach and the shopping/dining along the main drag. The staff is very nice and helpful. Our room was clean and had a small kitchenette and a living room area with 2 futons. The futons were comfortable to sit on, but mattress/cushion part on one of them kept sliding down. It was just a strange set up in that living room area. The hotel decor and condition is somewhat dated as well. I'm glad we stayed here to save some money (relative to the other waikiki options), but I otherwise wasn't super impressed.
4 night romance trip Jul 17, 2014
"Very nice hotel,a short walk away from everything."
My mom and I needed a quick getaway. The Bamboo was close to shopping,beaches and a wide variety of food venues. The refreshments in the lounge were nice after a long day of shopping.We will definitely be back.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Angie
"Good location, but needs careful room choice"
The location is great, just 2 blocks from Kuhio beach. We also liked the pool and hot tub. They are small but as hotel is only 12 floors they didn't get too crowded and some days/evening we had it to ourselves. The room itself was good sized, comfortable and nicely done. Having the kitchenette with fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle and two burners meant you could self cater for some meals if eating out all meals concerns you. There was a great pizza place on site too. The minus - we booked a moderate city view room and when we first arrived we were on the 4th floor. This looked directly onto the very close apartment building next door. When I say very close I mean I could read the text of the tattoo of the big dude lying on his bed watching America's Got Talent and eating loco moco. Also, the street noise was constant and excessive. Even with ear plugs in, I couldn't sleep. And the patio door needed to be opened as the air conditioner was also very loud and ineffective so it was either bake in quiet or be cool and deal with the noise. Luckily, when we asked for a room change to a higher level they could accommodate us and that did the trick. The 8th floor still had street noise but less and the earplugs could deal with it. And we no longer were accidental peeping toms. I would say unless you can get a guarantee your room is on the 8th or above floor, or you can sleep the sleep of the dead and don't mind not using the balcony, it is fine place to stay.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Teresa
"Very happy"
Excellent choice other than being in a tourist trap but overall value was worth it. I was impressed with a free 0930 checkin with no hassle.
3 night trip Jun 4, 2014
"Good location to breaches and shopping"
The staff was very good. My room was on the fourth floor. It was convenient to the on site laundry machines which was nice for the length of time I was there. The room had no view and my balcony was only feet from an adjacent building. No privacy unless you shut balcony curtains. Higher floors shouldn't have this issue though. Room was two double beds. I would have preferred one king/queen bed with some kind of couch or lounging chair as my room only had dining chairs and computer desk chair. The bathroom sink had the wrong faucet too. I would stay again but ask for a higher floor.
11 night business trip May 12, 2014
Chad
"Nice hotel, only a few blocks from Wakikii Beach"
Pleasantly surprised. The hotel is only a few blocks from Waikiki Beach. We also liked the idea of small kitchenette. We stayed on top floor (12th), over looking city on one side, and view of mountain and beach from the balcony. There is another hotel but you can still see the beach. The staff is great, Cathy our daily room cleaner was special. We were able to meet her as we were leaving. The pool and hot tub are a great way to end the day. Not just a pool and hot tub, the pool side has a small restaurant and the decorations feels like you are truly in Hawaii. I read a lot of reviews for various places, but when I read a review that they come to this place each time, I thought let's try it, and I was pleasantly surprised!
Other trip May 14, 2014
Being from hawaii and this being my first time staying at this hotel & even hearing about it, the Hotel was great, the only down fall was that there was no parking on the property. I was upset that I had to park at the pacific monarch hotel next door for $25(no kamaiana) I could only park on the first floor with like 8 stalls, lucky there was one that was open & it was really tight. The pool was down and the complimentary coffee machine was broken. There was Starbucks down the street. Other than that hotel was great, customer service was excellent.
1 night trip Apr 28, 2014
Dee
"Good Times"
Really enjoyed the hotel. Not very quiet at night because of the street noise. The conversations from the sidewalk literally drift right into your room, but if the air conditioner is on (medium) it drowns out nearly all of the traffic below. The rest of the the experience was stellar. Less than a five minute walk to the beach. Best price I could find for what I was looking for (three beds and a full kitchen). Best price by FAR! Great experience, we'd use it again.
7 night trip Apr 18, 2014
"The staff was excellent!!"
We came to the bamboo early in the morning and they got us checked in long before the designated check in time. The staff was wonderful from the time we arrived until we left.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
"Nice location staff very friendly"
He hotel was last minute plan to stay one more night after paying to much at Marriott way to much for the price I guess this was a nice place parking less than other places 25$ the shower and bathroom needs updated the hot cold was hard to figure out and there was no air flow in the room the ac in the wall wad outdated but it wasn't to hot except the bathroom no it flow at all over all this was a nice place for your $$ the staff was very nice tools for the beach and the pool is nice the hot tub wasn't working and we were disappointed when we tried to use it oh we'll
Other trip Apr 13, 2014