All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
2425 Kuhio Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

If you want a nice hotel that's also nice on your wallet. Aqua Bamboo is the spot. Not the best hotel ive stayed in, but its decent, especially since I spent more time outside enjoying Oahu than in the hotel. I really just needed a place to sleep and shower, then off to explore the island. Parking is $25/day. And the hotel is about 3 blocks away from the beach, very close to everything in Waikiki.
10 night romance trip Nov 8, 2013
Barry R.
"Oasis in the middle of the city."
Lovely hotel. We would stay here again. Great secluded pool. Very helpful staff.
Other trip Nov 1, 2013
"Very Nice Customer service"
I wanted to surprise my wife with 2 dozen Red Roses in our room. I had them delivered to the front desk, and they had them waiting in the room when we checked in. I had my doubts that it would happen. But The room was beautiful, and it couldn't have went better.
1 night romance trip Oct 26, 2013
"Great location, walking distance to beach."
I arrived October 18, 2013 for a 9 day stay to celebrate my birthday. Had a kitchenette with balcony. Loved all the upgrades this hotel has done. Great location. Very close to public transit. Walking distance to beach, international market place and several other hot spots. Staff was VERY nice, informative and accomodating. Hotel was clean! Room was comfortable and tidy. Street noise was loud but for me not too bothersome and actually found it entertaining although front desk was more than willing to relocate me to a quiter room. I would DEFINETELY recommend and would stay at this hotel again. I got a great package price for my flight, lenght of stay and the specific type of room I wanted and a sweeter benefit about staying at this hotel for me is that they did not have any "additional" fees other than for parking. Weather was perfect! slightly breezy, only humid and hot on last day stay other days were very comfortable.
Other trip Oct 31, 2013
Birthday Lady
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
Only reason for not getting excellent on Room Comfort was that I was on the second floor and I could hear the buses that stop across the street and could hear the loud people walking on the street at 3am.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
julie
"Great convenient hotel!"
The Aqua Bamboo exceeded our expectations. Great location with less than a 5 minute walk to Waikiki beach. The kitchen in our room was very convenient for cooking breakfast each morning. Free towel service was a big plus. Thank you Aqua Bamboo!
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
Alessandra
"Pleasant Surprise in Waikiki"
My husband and I stayed here one night prior to a cruise. We were pleasantly surprised. Queen sized bed. Beautifully furnished. Had a fridge, stove microwave, coffee maker and utensils. There were orchids placed around the bed and in the bathroom. It was spic and san clean. There was a balcony off the bedroom and one off the kitchen, and we did not stay in their best room!! The staff were very professional. Check in and out was a breeze. There was a pool and Jacuzzi . The property is two blocks from the beach and in a great location to all that's happening. I would definitely stay here again!!.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
Tracy
"Nice hotel close to beach"
Beautiful staff, clean, stayed in 305. Nice letters and gift from staff on departure. My only problem was (and its not the hotel's fault) was the VERY loud noise of traffic if you have balcony door open. The room is directly above the noisiest streets so if you stay on that side of hotel, try to stay on higher floor. I dont do well with AC so we had to keep balcony open and it was very very loud. other than that- GREAT hotel, I LOVED IT!
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
joseph
"About what you would expect"
My family had a great time on our vacation. Aqua Bamboo was a nice place to head back too. We did not see too many people in the hotel while we were there, outside of the Thursday meet and greet. The staff was very friendly. The parking situation was not the best, $25/day to park (limited underground parking). There is a public lot next door for $20/24 hours, but it is catch as catch can. Not a lot of "Free" amenities, but you are not really looking to spend your time in your hotel, right?! No real "great" view, but located close enough to the beach to just walk over and enjoy.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
Aaron
"Nice hotel close to the beach and strip"
Overall good experience. My kids enjoyed their pool very much. Hotel location is near the streets do can be noisy at night. I liked that the kids had their own space versus mine!
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
"Great place for the money"
I have stayed at so many big name big money hotels in Waikiki and decided to save some money. I thought i may have had to rough it NOT the case. Great staff clean large room central location. I travel a lot to this island and feel that I have a fantastic place to hang the suit and will be staying here as a regular.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
"Fabulous stay"
This quiet oasis in the midst of Waikiki is well worth the visit. Rooms are clean and comfortable with all you need for a holiday stay. Plenty of towels and toiletries. The pool area invites relaxed lounging between bouts of shopoing and sightseeing. Staff are extremely helpful but not intrusive.
4 night business trip Jun 11, 2013
Colleen
Two blocks from Waikiki, great little shaded pool to escape from the sun if necessary. Close to great sushi and udon. Close to Kapiolani park. A mile or so from Ala Moana park where you can play pickup volleyball with the locals. Everything is more expensive in Waikiki than it should be, so the price of this hotel goes along with that....not really a way to escape that. So overall, good place to stay!
3 night family trip May 30, 2013
"Close to the beach"
The hotel was small, and the amenities were simple, but they had beach gear, including surf boards, paddle boards, and bodyboards that you could utilize during your stay. The hot tub was out of order, which was disappointing, but the rooms were in fairly good shape...might stay here again...
1 night trip May 26, 2013
"Nice hotel close to the beach and a lot of shoppin"
My experience here was ths best the hotel staff was beyond wonderful. We had a hard time finding a place and one of the front desk actually took time to walk us there.
Other trip May 19, 2013
krystelle
"Must be good for families, not so much for couples"
PROS: The staff was very nice, friendly, and responsive. The location is 3 short blocks from the beach. Kitchenette means you can get your own food. It's cheap. CONS: Our room, at least, was pretty run-down. The hotel claims to be an oasis and part of some elite resort chain. That's nonsense. It's cheap, with nice staff, but it's definitely not a meditative retreat. We spent one night here before taking an inter-island flight. Taxi was $39 each way to/from the airport, plus tip. Not sure if a slightly more expensive room elsewhere would've gotten us a shuttle.
1 night trip May 9, 2013
"Great place for the money."
Staff was helpful and courteous. Jacuzzi is tiny, only drawback.
Other trip Apr 7, 2013
"Trip for relaxing"
Nice hotel, friendly staff. Pool water to cool. only 3 blocks from beach. they have chairs you can take to the beach as well as towels. nice touch
Other trip Apr 3, 2013
"very accessible to other areas of city"
For the most part we enjoyed our stay. But early the morning of our last day when I got out of bed in the dark I stepped on something which seemed strange. I turned the light on and to our surprise we found a huge bug - two inches long. Of course it scared me. My husband and I immediately checked all of our luggage, clothing, etc. to make sure we did not have any of the like in our personal items. We found nothing else but the one was more than enough. The hotel personnel where all extremely nice and very helpful. Won't return because of the "bug".
3 night romance trip Mar 13, 2013
I'll begin by saying that I thought the staff were absolutely incredible. They were helpful in many ways. However the hotel itself, and the room was a little old/rundown - especially considering the price. I had hoped it would be a little nicer. The location is pretty spectacular though.
3 night business trip Feb 12, 2013
"Great Little Diamond in the Rough"
This was our second stay at the Aqua Bamboo. It was ideal for our family's situation. Just a little bit off of the beaten path, but still a great location. Close to many attractions, good restaurants and lots of shopping. The room had a small kitchen, so it gave us the option of eating in or going out. The service and accommodations were great. Really don't even need a car, everything is within a hands reach, Thank you Aqua Bamboo!
Other trip Jan 15, 2013
Pete
"Good for the price"
My husband and I stayed there for 3 nights for our 1 year anniversary. Fortunately, we got upgraded to a larger room, which was nice since it included kitchenette. However, the room was towards the street side, so it was quite noisy during the night and early in the daytime from the traffic and street contstruction going on. The water pressure in the showers were pretty weak, the water was not draining well. There was some mold/mildew in the bathroom ceiling and floor, but that is pretty minor. The sink is awkwardly small in comparison to the giant faucet, which blocked the sink. Kept getting water all around the sink counter because of this. Otherwise, the room was fairly clean and tidy, the beds are comfortable, the robes are so warm and cozy, the staff were friendly and courteous, service was speedy and fair. Location of hotel is centralized in Waikiki, which is convenient so almost everything is within walking distance. Good price for the hotel in comparison to the other hotels nearby.
Other trip Dec 3, 2012
"Location and service superb"
Staff was helpful at all times of the day. Location was excellent for walking to Waikiki and International Market, very central spot.
Other trip Nov 27, 2012
Judy
"Not great for smokers or people with rental cars"
We had to park next door and the parking structure didn't belong to the hotel. We forgot to pay parking while we were on a luau and our car was towed. It was a 198 expense plus a 30 cab fare. It was also noisy and you are not allowed to smoke on your own balcony/lanai. Our lanai was on the 5th floor and faced a brick wall. Next time ill pay a little more and stay somewhere that has their own parking. The room was nice other than a broken closet door and a tiny lanai.
Other trip Nov 6, 2012
Cricket
"Ant"
Ok in a pinch
2 night trip with friends Oct 30, 2012
"Location over Amenities. Simple and Nice."
This hotel was alright. It isn't anything to write home about. The room was a lot smaller then what I had expected. It appears they have remodeled the rooms recently with new furniture and sinks which gives it the appearance of an upscale hotel, but I would say it's just ok. We only spent two nights there, but the location was great. Everything you needed was well within walking distance and easily accessible. The beach was one block away.
Other trip Oct 29, 2012
Manny
"Nice hotel for a family."
The hotel's situation is really great, near Waikiki and all bus stops. The room is clear and clean, but it seems not as big as on photos. We stayed in a kitchen double room suite, very practical for a big family, soon expensive in vacation. Another deception, the street noise is clearly audible even from 6th floor. The staff is very nice. The Internet access and beach towels are free. To conclude, our stay was nice but not exceptional.
Other trip Oct 28, 2012
"close to beach"
friendly staff clean and comfortable rooms
9 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2012
"it was OK!"
It is OK for the price
2 night trip Sep 5, 2012
Jorge
"Nice spot"
I read a lot of reviews for a lot of places in Hawaii and most seemed to be ignorant, complaining about stuff that is either basic hotel policies or things outside of the hotels concerns. The Bamboo was nice, it wasn't 4 or 5 stars and I new it wouldn't be since no one claimed that, but for the money and location it was great. We had a good time.
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2012
Doug F

"Aqua Bamboo review"
Convenient location to transport,shopping ,food and the beach. Hotel staff were friendly, but on arrival I was misinformed that my account was already taken care of and all I had to pay was the resort fee. Having booked through hotels.com I then spent a lot of time trying to confirm by email if this was correct as I had a new transaction free cr card for this purpose. I was not advised by staff on arrival of a free shuttle to the nearest shopping complex. Air conditioner was noisy and leaked water onto the chest of drawers below it. An overhead fan would be beneficial.Sliding door to balcony would not open and room smelt musty.No exhaust fan in bathroom and mirror had to be wiped after using shower.The Thursday happy hour around the pool was great. Apart from issues mentioned we enjoyed our stay.
8 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Sandra
"bamboo"
close to beaches parks bus stops car rentals. good staff very helpful
13 night romance trip May 13, 2015
james
"Recommend for sure"
polite, friendly staff.Good location. Room was comfortable,with kitchenette that had all that we needed. Pool area small but with lots of shade and places to relax.
10 night romance trip May 3, 2015
bernard
"A little gem"
This was a return visit as we found this smaller hotel in the heart of Waikiki fulfilled our expectations. Helpful staff, handy to everything,
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Aloha Again
"Good Hotel close to the beach"
Very noisy room as it opened on the street. Would probably pick a room on the swimming pool if I were to go back
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"70's charm and 70's plumbing"
Good location, super friendly and welcoming staff and a great big room. The only real issues are the noise (you will need earplugs) but this is endemic around Waikiki area and the plumbing in the bathroom which needs redoing, otherwise not a bad option just back from the beach
4 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
Lloyd
"Great location! Close to the main beach at Waikiki"
The staff was excellent and helpful in every way. The room was clean and the conciege was very helpful in helping us to choose activities and booking for us.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"clean, comfortable and close to the beach"
After having searched through Expedia for over a week trying to find the best deal for an available hotel for our travel dates, we came across the Aqua Bamboo, the pictures looked nice, there was a pool on site, it was right near the Waikiki strip and had decent reviews. It was very important for us to find a hotel room that had a balcony (lanai) with somewhat of an ocean view and we decided to pay a little bit more for what stated as an "King Bed, Ocean View Room" while booking our stay at the Bamboo through Expedia. Upon arrival to our hotel, we noticed quickly we clearly had NO ocean view whatsoever and on top of that were only put on the 5th floor. After calling down to the front desk to see if we could arrange to move to a higher level room in order to see such view, the woman at the desk explained there are no ocean view rooms. We decided to let it go, only later to find out by another Aqua Bamboo guest in the elevator; they had booked their stay less then a week ago and were put near the top floor which looked out over the ocean. THAT BEING SAID, although the views were a big disappointment to us, the room was cleaned to perfection daily, the bed was very comfortable, and the balcony view we DID receive was still beautiful and overlooking the hotel pool and lounge area. Front desk staff were friendly & helpful. We would definitely stay here again & recommend to other couples/small families looking for a clean room to come back to after a long day on the beach.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Alexis
"Close to the beach!"
Clean, comfortable & close to the beach and restaurants
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
helen
"Great stay would return"
Great pool area, overall very nice
13 night family trip Oct 13, 2014
TERRI M
"Great location, good overall value for the price"
I booked a quite a few rooms for the guests/family traveling in for my destination wedding. I got a great deal on the cost (compared to other hotels)... location was excellent (easy to drive to/from, only 2 short walking blocks to the beach/strip, convenience store nearby, great massage place down the street, food places within walking distance). The rooms are a bit dated, internet is slow (except in the main lobby) and the elevator felt like it's been around since the early 80's (verrry slow), and the one restaurant/lounge in the hotel felt like it was never open (so we couldn't just hang out for a late night drink). You need to book well in advance to secure a parking spot in their lot but there is a neighboring pay lot also... parking is expensive (but then again, I think that's everywhere close to the strip). But the customer service was impeccable and prompt - very friendly staff...beach towels always available, we even got a thank-you card/gift for staying there. For the overall cost, I'd probably stay here again (mostly for the location and value).
7 night trip Feb 10, 2014
Edder
"Perfect location!!"
Aqua Bamboo is in an amazing location. 1 mins walk from Waikiki Beach and all the shopping and restraints. The hotel is clean and comfortable. Nothing to rave about but it met our needs for the one night we stayed in Waikiki.
Other trip May 10, 2014
"rating very good! location, price and conditions"
We were there for Two days, and we're glad to choise it. Awesome!
2 night family trip Apr 26, 2014
"2 night Transit between Sydney and Vancouver"
We stayed in Waikiki to have a quick break on the way to Canada. This hotel was really good. It was only 200 metres from the beach and our room had a partial ocean view, but we weren't paying the premium of being at the beach. Staff were friendly and helpful and we thought for the price it was really good.
2 night trip Apr 24, 2014
"Ok hotel, close to beach"
Hotel is a little dated and rough around the edges. We were 'upgraded' to a kitchenette room with 2 doubles although we booked a king. This made the room seem a little small compared to other hotels we've stayed at in Waikiki. Our room was also located on the road which was quite noisy with traffic, though this might be an issue in quite a few hotels in Waikiki. We were not given fresh soaps although staying for 5 nights. Staff were friendly and helpful though, it is in a good location for the beach and easy walking to Cheesecake Factory, which is a must!
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
Alana
"Could have been great with a few changes."
Our room was quite run-down, in serious need of a face-lift. Also very cramped and dark. We felt mis-led by the photos on-line and we were expecting something more airy with a sitting area on the deck. Perhaps the rooms overlooking the pool were nicer. Sheets appeared too big for the beds and beds were not nicely made, ie the top sheet crept higher each day and the blanket lower. Liked the size of the hotel (small) and loved the patio/pool area which was private and surrounded by a well-maintained garden. Staff were pleasant and helpful.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
"Very happy with our stay"
I have just spent a week staying at the Aqua Bamboo. Great location; easy walk to the beach and bus stops, main strip shops and dining. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Free wifi in the room and lobby is a bonus as is free access to cold water, coffee and tea, and the daily paper in the lobby. The hotel itself is a little older than most, however our room was clean, spacious and we heard little street noise. Free drinks and music are put on by the hotel staff each Thursday afternoon. Access to beach towels and chairs is also a plus.
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
Shelley
"Very happy with our stay"
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
Shelley
"Nice hotel for our Honeymoon. Close to the beach,"
The staff were excellent, the hotel close to everything including Waikiki, Value for money, nice pool area just had an overall great time in Honolulu. It is the staff that make any establishment, while there are many more expensive hotels, and I mean more expensive hotels, the personal service we received was commendable. Our parents have stayed there before and plan to stay there again this year.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Short stay"
The kitchen was poorly equipped. Stove didn't work well and they could have given you a dish cloth and a decent frying pan. The view out our room was horrible, but if you get one on the back looking at the courtyard it could be nice. The lobby and the pool areas are nice and the staff were helpful and courteous. You can use the parking lot next door but you can't access the elevator so you have to walk up. Generally found Wiakiki is getting dirty and full of homeless people contrasted by exclusive shops and hotels for the rich.
4 night trip Mar 7, 2014