All hotels in San Jose, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here200 Edenvale Ave, San Jose, CA, 95136, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Hayes Mansion"
I would not recommend this hotel.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you very much for your review. Please accept our sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectations.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
charles
"Nice Hotel!"
We liked the room and service but it is a 3 star!
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you very much for your review.
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
"Nice Surprise in South San Jose"
This property, sits in a residential neighborhood, in South San Jose. It's a beautiful property and it's no wonder why there are special events, like weddings held here. It's quiet and staying here, you wouldn't know that you're in a bustling, big city like San Jose. Service here was excellent. From the front desk clerk, to the room service attendant, to those I saw around the property helping other guests with their luggage. They were courteous, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I've stayed in nicer rooms but there are no complaints from me. Everything worked as it was supposed to be. The bed and chairs were comfortable. The air/heating was simple to operate and the wired and wireless internet access was fast. Cable TV is provided. Bar and restaurant on the grounds but I didn't try them. Will do the next time I stay here. Yes, that means there will be a next time.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. Thank you as well for all of the mentions regarding your stay and our amenities.. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Only the very best to you and yours.
5 night trip Nov 25, 2014
Randoll
"Great!"
Location very peaceful and serene. All staff were superb - very helpful; great workout area, and amenities. Food was excellent
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Anonymous
"Great hotel. Expensive breakfast."
The hotel is beautiful and the amenities are great. The room was comfortable, well supplied and very clean. Only negative is that the breakfast buffet is not included and a bit expensive. But it is delicious.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
D.
"Class & Character"
What a pleasant surprise. I was only there one night yet felt at home with the staff by the time I left. They really took care of all patrons with sincerity. Ther are genuinely good people running this hotel. Also, it was incredible to step back through history, staying at a hotel of equal, if not better, amenities to any chain, but with so much more character. I loved it! I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
Janet
Beautiful hotel. Excellent staff. Great location. Unfortunately I was there during a wedding reception and the restaurant was unavailable to guests.
"Beautiful Hotel"
We stayed for a weekend to attend an event nearby in San Jose. Our room was very comfortable, queen bed with a sitting room and 2 TVs. Very clean. Would stay here again
Suzanne
"Awesome Hotel!!"
I stayed at this hotel a feww years ago for my birthday, I have been in love with this hotel ever since then. The hotel staff are so very friendly and more then willing to meet all guests needs. I chose to stay at this hotel again for some rest and relaxation. the grounds are kept in excellent condition, the staff informed me at check-in that a party would be taking place at the hotel, the staff were very caring to inform of the party and to ask if i was okay with some noise or would I perfer to be in a different room. The area surrounding the hotel is very nice and peaceful. They have a nice pool and spa, i have not tried the spa services yet but on my next trip it is on my list of things to check out. Plus they have a Sunday Brunch which you definately need to make reservations for otherwise it will be totally booked up.
Nicole
"Nice views"
Nice vews..beds could be more comfortable. This was an asome esperience. One will never ferget...defilitly reccomnd this hotel.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you for your kind words and recommendations. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
"Test stay for future company visits."
Beautiful classy hotel. Staff is adequate, but do not go out of their way to make one feel welcome. Friday night 4 company employees and 2 business associates could not be accommodated for dinner. They were informed a private party was using the restaurant. Our group was offered outdoor seating at a bar table for 4 and told there are many restaurants nearby. Initially, the restaurant staff person was frantically trying to serve guests. In passing, she said she would be right with us. She never returned.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Please accept my sincere apologies John for the experience you had with us. Our goal to to make sure every guest feels welcome. We read all comments on our property and react to deficiencies that may be mentioned in a timely manner. Thank you for giving us your honest feed back. We hope that we can have you back to give you a positive lasting impression.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Everyone were so friendly and helpful . Thank you for making my vacation such a wonderful experience .
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
alicia
"Stayed for business"
Didn't spend any time at the resort and it was dark when I arrived so hard to rate that area. Wasn't happy that the smoke alarm went off in the building and was not called to tell us it was okay to stay in the room.
2 night business trip Nov 10, 2014
Rene
"overall -a good place to be"
Nice hotel. Caters to groups and meetings/ Rooms are clean and more than I expected though they should upgrade ironing equipment
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you very much for your review.
3 night business trip Oct 27, 2014
"A good place to stay IF you aren't hungry."
The poorly run food service and bar brought down what would otherwise be an nice experience. Don't arrive hungry thinking you can get a light bite in the bar/lounge, or get up late in the morning thinking you can still get a cup of fruit or a muffin when the restaurant closes between breakfast and lunch. While TECHNICALLY light food can be purchased in the bar/lounge, it was understaffed both days (at some times no employee at all) and at other times the bar attendant was overburdened because the hotel is too big to have just one person taking food orders and mixing drinks and running back to the kitchen down the hall. The bar employee did his/her best each time, but there were too many guests for one employee. The bar was especially busy with guests trying to place food orders because room service was also running inefficiently and was backlogged. Also, there is a 1 hour blackout period in the morning between breakfast and lunch when the restaurant is closed, and no food at all is available (the bar attendant will try to get you a muffin and orange juice, but as mentioned above, the bar is understaffed). There are no other restaurants within a short walk. A hotel this large should have bar/lounge that is adequately staffed.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience. It is comments and constructive feedback such as yours that help us focus on areas that may need our attention. Our goal is to provide only the highest level of service for our guests. We will work on the areas you mentioned. Thank you very much for your revew.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Phil
"Excellent lodging and beautiful, relaxed setting."
Loved the setting. So peaceful and well maintained. Only complaint was that we were seated for dinner in the main dining room next to a large, noisy group (from Google I think?) There was one other couple in there with us, and it was so loud we didn't enjoy it at all. We should have been seated in another part of the restaurant or told it wasn't open and we would have eaten in the bar. Also, food was just average. I think it you improved the quality of the food people from the are would go there just for the food and setting. We were visiting several friends and family in the area and I would not recommend eating here, although drinks and lodging would be great.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you so much for your review. We truly appreciate your comments and constructive feedback. I will forward your comments to our Director of Food and Beverage so that he can look into them. Take care until the next time we see you.
2 night romance trip Sep 29, 2014
Small-ish room but great staff and overall place has a lot of character.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to having you back.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Romantic getaway"
Planned a surprise trip for my girlfriend to the mansion. It was ok. There was a wedding going on and a little loud but the worse part was having housekeeping walk in with out knocking. Really bad timing.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback. We apologize for the experience that you had on your special day. We hope to see you again soon so we can leave you with a positive lasting impression of our property.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Angelo
"Business"
This was a good place to stay overall.
3 night business trip Aug 26, 2014
Claire
"My room had a bad bath tub stopper. It was rusty."
The bath tub stopper was rusty and laying in the tub. It had sharp jagged edges.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience. I will make sure we look into it and address accordingly. Take care and thank you again for sharing your experience.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Lovely Place!"
The property was lovely. Check-in a breeze, the front desk clerk warned us of parties and receptions in the ballroom, which happens to be downstairs from the King Rooms. She gave us the option to change but we were going to be out and about most of the time so opted for the king bed. We returned each night around 11-12 and things were winding down by then so no problems. Our first night on the property, a Friday night, the restaurant was closed for a rehearsal dinner or something. We were able to order food on the patio which was fine and the salad and snack was great. There was one server for the whole patio and she was funny and engaging, but was worn ragged. It took a half hour to get drinks after dinner. We met some other guests and had a wonderful time visiting while we waited. Our room was a bit crowded but very clean and the bed was comfy, lots of pillows. Spotless bathroom was spotless and of ample size. The pool looked inviting and other guests were enjoying it, but we didn't have time to partake. If you like lukewarm, stale, cheap coffee, you'll enjoy the free coffee in the lobby, but if you're like me and prefer hot, delicious, fresh ground coffee, you'll need to get it elsewhere. Most of the staff were busy with the events/parties, but offered assistance when needed. We liked being away from the hustle and bustle of the crowds and particularly enjoyed the quiet, peaceful setting. Would recommend and would definitely stay again.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. We strive for legendary service and world-class accommodations. We hope to see you again soon.
3 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
Regi
"Doesn't live up to its price"
Odd hotel, I travel extensively for my work as a publisher and I have never had such a small room in the USA, even the rooms I've had in NY have been buffer than this. The rate may have been acceptable if the hotel was in a great location but it wasn't. It was in a residential area with not much else going on. I had a car and was able to drive to a good restaurant but don't go to this hotel if you are not driving. That said, it was clean, nice linens and pretty - so a good choice if you just need to hanker down for the night.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you very much for taking the time to submit your review.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
"Grand & Gracious"
The staff members were friendly and efficient. The property, gardens, and grounds are beautiful. The atmosphere may be too sophisticated for children but it is picture perfect for couples.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you very much for submitting your review and sharing your experience.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"This "Mansion" is very unique"
Dolce Hayes Mansion is an actual mansion built by a family in the early 1900's, and expanded upon to include additional guest rooms, conference rooms & ballrooms. The grounds are beautiful, the staff is welcoming and professional, and the rooms are appointed with the most marvelous beds & bedding! The mansion itself is available for wandering, & contains libraries, reading nooks, fireplaces, and photo galleries, as well as restaurants, terraces, pool and jacuzzi, a spa & a unique patio area with live jazz musicians while we were there, outdoor fire columns, plenty of seating & a delightful, relaxing atmosphere. It is a romantic place for couples, but has amenities for business travelers as well. We also saw a number of families, mostly with children who were school aged or above.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
CJ
"fast getaway"
The room was nice and clean, OK location. The only thing I didn't like is I could hear the people in the room next to us talk extremely loud and didn't let us sleep. But for a quick getaway it was good.
2 night business trip Oct 3, 2014
"A little pricey, we liked it"
Sept 23, 2014 - Sept 29, 2014. Parlor Suite. Upon check-in, after midnight, Wednesday September 24th, we were given our room number but absolutely no indication of where our room was. This caused us to drive around a bit to locate the entrance that served our room. The pull out sofa bed was dismal. Mattress sank into the supporting structure and cross members of the supporting structure could be felt through the mattress. Double bed was fine. Parking was never an issue. Noise was never an issue. Key cards used to unlock room door usually required three insertions before they would work. Shower had three dispensers mounted on the wall for shampoo, conditioner, and body gel. Shampoo dispenser was loaded with body gel. We didn't eat at the Hayes Mansion so I cannot comment on the restaurant. Nice pool, although urinating children are apparently allowed in the spa. Complementary coffee was appreciated. Hayes Mansion is a beautiful place and we were generally happy with our accommodations, although the Mansion is a bit pricey. Easy access to areas in South East San Jose, Silver Creek Valley Country Club, Evergreen, etc., Hwy 101, Hwy 85, I-280, I-680. Appears to be a great place to plan a wedding reception or attend a conference.
6 night family trip Sep 23, 2014
"overnight stay"
The hotel and staff were excellent. The grounds and atmosphere were beautiful. I am looking forward to staying here again soon. I highly recommend this hotel
1 night trip Oct 2, 2014
"Pristine, historic mansion on gorgeous grounds"
Staff was very welcoming and proud of history of hotel. Rooms are on the small side, but historically appropriate. Great facilities and restaurant.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you very much for your wonderful review.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
Erin
"Not a food choice for oir get away weekend"
It was kot very fun. We were sleeping around 1:30 am the next room stated talking and shouting . The room comfort is very weak . We could hear the next room so louad . We ca
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to ensure all of our guests enjoy their stay. We apologize on the behalf of the loud guest that was next to you. We look forward to see you here again. Cheers!
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
"Worth staying at this beautiful hotel!"
The staff made the stay truly memorable. The customer service was superb! Everything about my stay was great - the food, the patio area, the beautiful mansion. But truly as someone that travels constantly this place is wonderful.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Sylvia
The hotel was very very nice, however I was charged 4 different times on my credit card for this trip.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"Nice place marred but needs a little attention"
For a place that is termed a "mansion" I expected something fantastic. While it did have all the amenities, it was marred by a tub that was slow to drain and a plug that came out. Also seemed like a maid had to quickly wash her hands and forgot about it because one of the soaps were used and a garbage can in the middle of the bathroom. (There was also a room key card left on the counter, but in fairness to the staff, they may have assumed it was for the current customer so were reluctant to take it to the front desk. It didn't work on the door anyhow.) One final and annoying thing for me, but probably not for most, is that the TV system would have sound on the channel a few seconds ahead of the picture and was very slow to change channels. Even this all said, however, I would recommend this as an acceptable place to stay. The wifi was available and good and the bed was clean and very comfortable.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Billy
"Old smelly hotel with rude staff."
Beautiful hotel from outside. Check in is where the beauty faded due to a rude staff member. She made me wait so she can have a conversation with the cleaning lady. Room was old and smelled. The staff there seemed to have a bad attitude. Maybe it was from the old mildew smell.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you for your honest feedback. We strive for legendary service everyday and it appears we fell short in your experience; please accept our most sincere apologies. We hope to have you back here so we can leave you with a more positive lasting impression.
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
business travel
"Old-fashioned, lovely welcoming traditional elegan"
The hotel is beautiful, stately, the grounds are lovely! Flowers! and grass! Convenient arrangement, very good food, nice walking park nearby. I liked the sense of going back in time to a more gracious age. It was a real surprise to find this in San Jose, which is full of very modern, cookie-cutter places to stay. Exceptional staff, we will definitely be back. Only down side was that some furniture in room was a bit worn.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you for your kind words. We love giving our guests a positive experience. We look forward to your return. Cheers!
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Terry
"They could make this a 4-5 star hotel, but...."
The hotel grounds are very pretty, parking is free and convenient and the bed in the hotel room is very comfortable and it is clean. However, they haven't really made this into a hotel exactly. There was no valet that I could see. The lobby looks like something that another hotel would have when under construction. The rooms are dated and kind of dingy. With the right investment and better management, this place could be terrific.
3 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"My husband and I loved the hotel beautiful."
The grounds are just beautiful. The room was very nice and very clean. We just had one problem we where hearing noise all night and day knocking noise. We called and someone came to see what it was. They couldn't find the problem. Anyhow we moved to a different room and we had to move ourselves. That was disappointing that we where awake off and on the night before. I thought we would get some kind of upgrade nope.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
TP
"Very nice place to stay"
Only stayed on night, but really enjoyed it. There was a wedding about to start when we checked in. Front desk asked what floor we would like. i asked for their opinion and they suggested the 2nd floor away from the wedding. I agreed and we could not be happier. We never heard a thing all night. The room was very nice and clean.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
My wife and I were delighted. The only minor issues were that the TV reacted slowly. And the steno chair at the work counter was stuck at the lowest setting. And could not be adjusted. We were in 1216. We visit the Bay Area monthly on business. We'll be back. Thank you. Dann
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you very much for your review. Please accept my apologies regarding your experience with our televisions. We look forward to your stay with us thank you very much for your business.
1 night business trip Sep 6, 2014
Dann Thompson
Beautiful old building. Was much more than we expected for the price. Front desk staff was great as was breakfast buffet. Most of all I LOVED the quality bedding. Pillows, comforter, bed. I felt like a princess! We highly recommend and will stay there again soon.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Your review is truly appreciated. Thank you for the wonderful comments and mentions. Thank you for your business we look forward to your next stay.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
LeeAnn
"Out of the way, but close to everything!"
Great hotel in a residential area. We stayed 8 nights with 2 adults and two children and really enjoyed it. We ventured out most days and could get all over the South Bay quickly from here. Food is a bit limited, but the breakfast buffet is good. Hotel has a large conference center, so some days the place was full of conference goers and other days it was very quiet. A great choice overall, and we would definitely stay here again.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you very much for letting everyone know we are close to everything. Some info for your next stay with us. We have a complimentary shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius. Your time and review are greatly appreciated. See you next time.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Historical beauty"
A beautiful hotel on beautiful grounds. Great place to host a wedding, business meeting, etc.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Truly appreciated, thank you for your review.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"For the price, Good - Don't expect the Ritz"
The grounds nicely groomed, pleasant outside sitting area w/outside fire pits. I requested a quiet room. He took my credit card, handed me the key card and said, “Have a nice stay” He did not tell us which building our room was in or where to park. I asked for a luggage cart, his reply was, “Oh, you have luggage?” The room was on the second floor of the Conf Ctr, w/mechanical room directly above. The HVAC kicking on every 20 mins woke me up often. Only exit/entrance, crossing through the conference area, Very awkward, especially when wearing swim suits, walking through a conference with people in business attire. Seriously!?! The king sized bed filled up most of the room. Small table/chair, crammed in corner served as the desk/vanity. Only mirror was in the tiny bathroom. The Shower head so low one must duck. Liked the shampoo in dispensers on the wall. Maid service inconsistent. Service hit & miss. Sometimes good, other times not so much. Lobby coffee free for guests, always cold. I went to the restaurant for a hot coffee. I got warm coffee/ ice cold cream & my room was charged for it! The bar food was good! I didn't have the buffet, but my husband did. You'd think they would include my 1 pastry with his breakfast buffet, but they charged my room for it! Hotel decent for working, but not for vacation! No shopping, theaters, festivals, museums or art shows near the place. If you want to do anything, you must call a cab or rent a car and drive a good distance.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Your open and honest feedback are how we get better in some areas and keep doing what what we do right in others. Thank you again.
6 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Hotel Snob
"Beautiful hotel for any needs"
This is an amazing hotel, the grounds are beautiful and the staff are incredible. The only negative thing I could say about this hotel is that the rooms are a bit dated, but with a finish that doesn't make it horrible or painful to be here. Highly recommend this hotel, with a great park next door and very close to anything you could want, but still secluded enough that it's quiet.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you very much for your wonderful recommendation.
7 night business trip Aug 29, 2014
"Very nicely done for old building"
Our stay was very nice besides the wedding that was in our building very noisy the food was just ok and they need more ice machines had to chase around 2 floors before I found one. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable we would stay there again.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you very much for your honest feedback. Be sure to call down and we will be happy to bring the ice to you. We look forward to seeing you again.
2 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
Joe & Tama
Accommodations were decent. Nice setting and feels somewhat separate from a 'big city'. Biggest complaint was the noise from a wedding that was going on during our stay...we wished we had been informed that loud music would be playing until late.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you very much for your review. Yes we are away from it all but we like to think that is one of our great assets. My apologies that we did not meet your expectations. Thanks again for your review.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Great place with awesome price"
Great service from the minute we drove up. Staff at the front desk was very helpful and the grounds were beautiful.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you very much for your wonderful review.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Back to an elegent time."
Loved the main building with all the dark wood. Room was clean and comfortable. Had a keurig coffee pot in the room which was appreciated. Didn't have time to enjoy sitting outside in the lounge but it looked inviting. Great location, hidden gem. Right next to a park. Will definitely stay there again.
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your experience us. I look forward to seeing you here again. Cheers
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Different than what we expected...."
This hotel is probably a great place for holding events or weddings but for travelers from overseas, I wouldn't recommend it. Hotel has 3 different buildings and you don't know which one you will end up in. When we pulled in, no one, like not a single sole showed up to welcome us in. We weren't even sure if the building we stopped by was the main lobby or not. The rooms are very clean and tidy, that's a good thing. At nights when we came back home, there were 4 doors to our building, not even one staff from hotel was present there. At least 2 out of the 5 doors were open even late at night (I checked). Building elevators were meant to work only with hotel access cards but you could just press the buttons and they would take anyone up at any hour. There was free wifi and parking nearby which is a good thing. Overall, we didn't get the feeling of safety or welcome....
Response by Dolce Hayes Mansion
Thank you very much for your review. Please accept my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. I will be forwarding your review to our Director of Security for her review. Thank you for your business.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"Great poolside service"
Excellent dinner.
Thank you very much.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Great Place for the value and last minute booking"
Great hotel to stay in for the price I paid, especially for booking it the last minute. Very nice reception personnel. Clean and great amenities. Secluded but perfect if youre on a vacation.
1 night business trip Jun 27, 2014