All hotels in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here451 E Grand Ave, Wisconsin Rapids, WI, 54494, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Enjoyable,relaxing stay !"
We stayed at hotel Mead for a Steel guitar Convention,and didn't have to leave the whole weekend as everything we needed was there.Restaurant,Bar and entertainment ! Gave cleanliness a 4 because of a little dust,apparently the room had not been used in sometime.
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
"Great place to stay in the Rapids"
Loved it
2 night trip Mar 13, 2015
Theresa
"Great place"
We stayed here on Saturday night . Wish we would have stayed the whole weekend. Very nice and relaxing. Cafe was good and nice to have especially when we were traveling with a 4 month old. We came down to watch my brother in law play on the riverkings. All the rooms where booked so Friday night we got a room at motel 6. What a nightmare. Dirty , loud and stunk. I tried every hotel even in Stevens point and everything was booked. So we toughed it out the first night even bought or own sheets and pillows. Then Saturday got a room at hotel mead. They even gave us a early check inn. Next time I'll only stay at the hotel mead.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
Tyler
"Good call."
Beautiful rooms, accommodating staff, great pool, great whirlpool.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
Cheryl
"Nothing really stands out"
Nothing really stands out about this hotel. This used to be the premier hotel in the area... built in the late 70s(?) early 80s, not much has been done to bring this hotel up to the current century. While there was a flat screen tv in the room it was at best a 24". Complimentary coffee was 2 8" cups of coffee... they could do better...way better to bring me back.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
It was a nice hotel ,fairly quiet. it had a nice restaurant..
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Terrific experience in downtown Wisconsin Rapids"
The front desk staff upgraded us from 2 doubles to single king room for no charge. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The TV armoire was falling apart and needed replaced but we opened the doors very carefully so we wouldn't break them. There was a wood smoke smell in the hallway and we were a little concerned the place was going to burn down. Thank god it didn't . I will definitely return when in town.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Duane
"Very nice hotel"
A friend and I stayed here while we were in town for a wedding. We loved it! The staff were friendly and helpful, the food at the restaurant was wonderful. (Try the cranberry french toast!) The hairdryer in our room was malfunctioning, but that is the only bad thing;and they ran a new one out to us very quickly. They even had live music in the bar-a nice surprise. We would definitely stay here again and may book a room just to visit the friends we made on staff!
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
"Business trip"
The decor was a little dated but the place was very clean. Staff was friendly. Restaruant was a bit slow. Breakfast started at 7am and we really need to get an earlier start.
3 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
Athena
"too soft beds"
I was disappointed in the beds. They were not as comfortable as I remember them. For the price of the room, I really expected more plush mattresses.
1 night trip with friends Sep 30, 2014
mary
"CLEAN but too hot>"
The staff were very friendly, the room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable but the room was too hot. We turned the heat off and had to open the window so we could sleep. The entire facility was very warm. The food was great!
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Annie
Great swimming pool!
1 night trip Oct 1, 2014
Easy to find and had a nice restaurant.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
"Decent Hotel"
Everything about the hotel met basic standards and it was comfortable enough. However, and this is just a general comment about the area, there is a really unpleasant odor that is in the town (I'm not sure if it's a paper mill, or...?) but in the hotel hallways, they must have the vents bringing in outside air, because it was really strong when we opened our room door.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Kate
"Very Good"
I had a great stay and the conference look are very nice. Rooms have high ceilings for a cool look.
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2014
"Beautiful central Wis. Hotel., recently upgraded"
Need car, but otherwise great, It would be cheaper if you did not need to rent a car, but the hotel had a car service.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Our room wasn't anything at all like your website. Not comfortable, bathroom wasn't clean, pillows were terrible, and the floors were horrible. There was a dog next door that barked for an hour!
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Great place to stay."
The place was a great place to stay. Unfortunately, the pool and hot tub were closed due to maintenance. But the stay was great, other than that.
1 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
Doug
"No one at the front desk"
No one would answer the phone when we called to the front desk, we would have to walk down there for help (2x). There was no tv. They were switching to digital, which I get, BUT there was no sign at the front desk, no warning on their website, no warning when we checked in. We had 3 kids with us, so it was a HUGE inconvenience. Beds smelt like dust, uncomfortable. Terrible in room coffee, but they have some for purchase in the restaurant.
1 night trip with friends Jul 28, 2014
sarah
"In the center of everything."
Stayed at the Mead where my 50th Class Reunion was hold. Not only were we hotel guests but the manor in which they handled the two night reunion festivites was wonderful. If we all live long enough to have a 55th, I'm sure it will be held there.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Cass reunion escape"
Good stay. Short visit, great location. Will stay again.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Nice hotel in good location for the near downtown area
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"nice area"
Nice hotel. Nice room.
1 night trip with friends Jul 13, 2014
"close to fireworks"
The hotel was great the only thing was they need more parking lot patrol when there is big events going on there were alot of people parked at the hotel that were not staying there and made it very difficult to find a spot for the paying guests
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Nick
"Not Spectacular but Very Good"
If you're visiting Wisconsin Rapids for business or pleasure, this is the place to stay. Hotel Mead possess the far amenities than what one would expect in a small town.
1 night business trip Jul 3, 2014
Al
"What I am used to at lesser motels was not include"
The general stay was pleasant but at lesser hotels, things I have become used to like in room refrigerators and even microwaves were not included. The bathroom is showing it's age.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Ok, but could have been better"
We stayed overnight for my son's soccer tournament. Check in was set for 4pm, but our room wasn't ready until 5:30pm. All that was given was an apology. I felt like a small discount for the inconvenience should have been offered, but it wasn't. My son had already played two games that day and was looking forward to a shower when we got to the hotel. Having to wait for over an hour in the lobby was a disappointment.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Old hotel Wisconsin Rapids."
Horrible beds not updated. Not comfortable when you are traveling
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"In Town for Baseball"
I was in town with my 13 year old son for a baseball tournament. This hotel was almost right in the middle of both fields we played at so the location was perfect for our needs. Also had one of the other players on our team stay with us. Beds are double beds and my son is 6' tall and moves a lot so we each needed our own bed and I brought a blow up. Was able to fit that easily. Hotel was very clean and quiet (we were in the west wing on the 4th floor). Staff were all very friendly and responsive. Very active hotel with weddings and different things going on. A lot of other teams staying here too. Was happy to see it busy --- always a good sign. Will definitely stay here in the future if in Rapids again.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Great hotel!"
The pool and hot tub are incredible!! All in all... It's a very nice well kept hotel. We enjoy staying there very much!
1 night family trip May 10, 2014
Rosemary
"Nice hotel but aging"
Hotel Mead has always had a reputation as an upscale hotel, however, you can tell was a while ago. The hotel was nice but definitely needs an upgrade. It would be nice to leave the original decor from the 60's/70's but needs the updating. Things were showing their age. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2013
"Comfortable and Clean"
Hotel Mead, while nothing fancy, is clean and comfortable with helpful staff and a nice cafe. Having stayed in a couple of places in this area I would rate this as the best hotel in town.
2 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2013
"Bad behavior by hotel owners family"
Disappointed. I've stayed at this hotel a dozen times, but this last visit may make me rethink my choice next time. The mattresses kept slipping off the box springs, the pillows were lumpy and our room never got cleaned the weekend we were there. But the most irritating thing was the pool. I booked the Mead because I've enjoyed the pool on past stays. This time, I took my nieces down for a relaxing swim before bed, about 10:15pm, but about 12 loud, rowdy people joined us, throwing several balls and frisbies and pool furniture around. Numerous times the balls and frisby whizzed past our faces. This group was so rude, loud and inconsiderate that we left early. My husband bumped into them the next morning and it turns out, they said they were all relatives of the hotel owners!! The same bad behavior occurred the next morning in the pool. We left early again. Ridiculous and Rude.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2013
LV
"Reunion visit"
Went to a great class reunion. The first that we really enjoyed.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
"Comfortable hotel, best one in the area."
Quiet hotel. Accommodations were good. Nothing special. Key cards did not work right and I had to go down to the desk twice before I was able to get into my room.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
Marilyn
Located in downtown area. Close to river. Neighborhood was quiet so probably not ideal spot for night life. The hotel is a little older but very well maintained with a nice pool and two good restaurants on the property.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2013
Stay was good but i had called to upgrade our room and....it didn't get upgraded in the computer so we only got the jacuzzi sweet one night and had to swap rooms. Otherwise everything was perfect!
2 night romance trip Jun 14, 2013
Brook
"A very relaxing, clean and quiet hotel - GREAT!"
The hotel had a lot going on and a lot of cars in the lots but we never heard any noice, very peaceful stay. The rooms were very clean.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
"Close to all places of events"
Impressed at how quiet our stay was, even though the hotel was full.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
"The Facts"
We arrived on Friday evening and the staff were very pleasant. On Saturday, check out was at noon but I was not aware of that or perhaps I missed the service person behind the desk say that to me. It might be good to have more than one person behind the desk at check out time but the person handled the volume of people very well and she was very kind about me leaving my baggage near the front desk while I waited to be able to load it in my transportation back home.
1 night business trip May 17, 2013
"Good choice for Wisconsin Rapids"
Nice hotel in a small mid-western town
4 night business trip Apr 29, 2013
"Very nice hotel, REALLY great staff"
We were visiting a casino nearby. Pretty far from the casino. They're not affiliated, but listed on the casino's site. Their distance from the casino in no way influenced my review, just sharing that info. It's a gorgeous hotel on the inside. Lots of common areas, fireplaces, seating areas. The Tavern staff actually "jumped" at the idea of pulling two comfy chairs up in front of the fireplace, where we shared a cozy, MODESTLY priced delicious dinner. The room was sparkling clean. All the amenities you'd expect. Well, almost all. To be honest, I haven't seen a tube TV in a hotel in quite some time. Also, it may be a little "nit-picky", but when they say "double bed" they mean it. A double bed was cute when I was a kid, staying at Grandma and Grandpa's, but I'm a grown up now. Perhaps it's time to invest in some bigger beds? All things considered, we REALLY liked this hotel and most certainly will stay there again!
1 night trip Apr 2, 2013
Very friendly staff and just a great place to stay
3 night trip Mar 15, 2013
"Very Poor"
We were told we could check in after 4. I tried to check in after 5:30 and could not get into our room until 6:30. We were very frustrated due to the fact that we were at an event all day. All we wanted to do was relax for 30 minutes before the start of our next event. What was supposed to be a relaxing evening seemed to be a very rushed and not knowing if we were coming or going..
1 night trip Feb 16, 2013
"great hotel in wis rapds"
Hotel Mead was a very pleasant place to stay. Well decorated- beautiful. Nice pool and hot tub - also fitness area.Upscale restarant and bar inside hotel. Within walking distance of downtown and a short drive from many other dining and entertainment choices. Hotel staff pleasant and helpful, and service was great.
1 night trip Dec 8, 2012
We were there for deer hunting. I asked for a wake up call at 3am sat. and at 3am sunday. We never got the call. Luckily with all the excitement of the hunt we woke up without the call. When I called for the call on sunday I told them they forgot and couldn't believeit. Yet they did it a 2nd time.
3 night trip Nov 16, 2012
"wonderful place to have a wedding"
We stayed here because we attended a wedding at Hotel Mead. Food was terrific. Our room was in the same tower at the wedding....quite convenient. The beds were comfortable, and the room was very clean and quiet. Price was reasonable.
1 night trip Nov 17, 2012
Susie
"ok but expensive"
Too expensive,Please replace shower head with something not from the 50's.Food and bar were nice.
Other trip Nov 9, 2012
Stumpy
"Great for individual, family, or for a conference."
I have stayed there before and always love to come back. The entoire staff is very friendly and makes you feel comforatable.
Other trip Oct 14, 2012
Dee
We were there for a funeral. It was quiet, the people were nice, the rooms were nice, very clean, and comfortable. We usually stay there when we are in Wisconsin Rapids. It has always been the best.
Other trip Sep 24, 2012