All hotels in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States of America
451 E Grand Ave, Wisconsin Rapids, WI, 54494, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great pool
  • Value for money
    Poor value for money
    Bad breakfast
"Middle of the road"
Night clerk was far from her desk so the wait was very long. She left no note so we did not have any idea what was going on. I have a hard time remembering a hotel without any kind of breakfast -- guess they wanted your money in their over-priced restaurant.
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2016
Heating system is loud, when the system wasn't running in my room I could hear the rooms next store
1 night trip Dec 12, 2015
took a long time for hot water to reach the fourth floor shower let along the sink.
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2015
"weekend stay"
disappointed with the online booking service - my specific request for a room with a king bed was never communicated to the hotel. Had to pay an upgrade fee to get the desired room. Fitness facility was sparse and cardio equipment was below average. Heater in room was noisy and ran virtually nonstop all night
1 night family trip Nov 13, 2015
"Smokey dark room"
This was a last minute booking for a funeral. The lobby was nice, the breakfast was ok, the people were really helpful. But the room stank of cigarette smoke, even though it said it was a non smoking room. We could not open the window the next day. We took it because we arrived after midnight after a two hour delayed flight and then a drive in a hailstorm. We grew up in this town and it used to be a special place for 50th anniversary dinners and such. We were very disappointed on our first overnight stay. The room also only had a smallish window in a corner of the room in the newer west tower. There were not enough lights to compensate and it was hard to see when unpacking. I am not sure where else to stay in town though. It was not as nice as Holiday Inn Expresses we have stayed at. It did have two sinks. The shower worked well. I was also put off by fake flowers and greenery in the hallways, peach bath tile. It was relatively cheap, but should be in this semi rural town.
Other trip Nov 4, 2015
"family holiday."
only stayed one night but have stayed here before great place has a restaurant and bar. staff is wonderful many restaurants located close.
1 night family trip Oct 23, 2015
Pat
Excellent restaraunt and bar
1 night business trip Oct 12, 2015
"magnificent hotel mead"
great beds-very clean room-beautiful,comfortable ,large ,airy,lobby/reception area-awesome indoor pool
1 night trip Aug 19, 2015
ellery
"1836 reunion"
The room and staff were both top notch. The security was excellent. They ask me what I was doing while loading my motorcycle late one night to make sure it was my ride.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"A good hotel, not great, but good."
This is a near downtown, but very nice area. Great to get out and walk around and close to businesses, and the river. It was a nice night and I would have liked to have opened the windows. My only problem was the amount of dead bugs and one very large spider that was between the glass and the screen on the inside of the room. Too bad this area is overlooked during the daily cleaning. The nice night, not along an interstate highway, would have been enjoyable. Large indoor pool area. Good breakfast in the restaurant.
1 night business trip Aug 11, 2015
"Very relaxing"
From the time I arrived until I checked out, the staff was very friendly and courteous. The room was comfortable and clean. The food at the restaurant was very good and reasonably priced. Though, a continental breakfast would have been preferred.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2015
"Great!"
My daughter and I stayed at Hotel Mead 2 nights July 31 and August 1 for a wedding we were in. The check in process went smooth, the staff was helpful. Our room was spacious, clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The lobby was beautiful. We ate at the hotel restaurant Saturday night. Food was decent and the staff was friendly. The pool was a hit with the kids. My niece and nephew also stayed there. Overall, it was a great experience.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
Kristin
"Good stay"
The hotel is probably the nicest in town. Clean & comfortable rooms, nice dining area and bar, and the convention center looked nice. Not a whole lot near the hotel as far as walking distance and staff didn't no where to recommend for a lunch.
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2015
Evan
"Nice hotel. Location was great."
Check -in is listed at 4 pm and we arrived around 4:30. Our rooms were not ready which was okay things happen. What irritated me the most was that the group ahead of us was upgraded and received drink coupons etc for their inconvenience. We were told our 3 rooms would be ready shortly. It took about a half an hour and we waited outside. When we come back to the area to visit family again we will find a different hotel to stay at. I would like to mention that the staff was friendly and the hotel was very clean.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Great weekend getaway!"
Comfortable beds, big fluffy towels, and a clean pleasant room. Great blues/jazz band on the terrace made for a wonderful weekend getaway.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Carolyn
"Great place for a wedding."
Enjoyed the room and facilities for a wedding. Just stayed 1 night so was busy and did not use other facilities. Overall a gooday experience.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Chween
"Nice facilities but room for some improvement"
No free breakfast or coffee- just the small coffee pot in the room with two cups' worth. Large hotel with lots of common areas and nice patio area with live music in Friday night. Saturday night, however, the patio was not lit up even though a large group of us were sitting out there. Room's A/C was loud when it turned on and woke me up each time during the night for two nights so I was not able to get good night's sleep.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Pamela
"Comfortable. Excellent service, friendly staff"
The room was large, comfortable, warm, beds were relaxing, the bar was open and friendly, great staff, they suggested things to do in the area, answered all our questions and needs.
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
"Cousins reunion"
The staff was very accommodating and friendly, the rooms were nice & the restaurant was great.
1 night family trip May 27, 2015
marylee
"Not the best"
We arrived early and we were given a room on the 4th floor I asked if we could please have a room on another floor do to the fact that my wife smokes and had a bad back... I could try to put the smokers on the 1 or 2 nd floor we were told there didn't have anything lower... no help what so ever.Hard for me to believe that the whole hotel would be booked in advance.... the room was so small for a double bed. across the street was in bad condition a awful view. We did decide to stay inside the hotel for dinner we went to have a drink and the bar tender did not know how to make a Tom Collins and looked it up on his cell he got it all wrong it was awful and I told him so... he still charged us for it...we then went to have dinner in the restaurant my wife had prime rib and it was cold... some area of the hotel felt dirty...
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Nice hotel in Wi Rapids"
Very nice hotel for the size city. The double sinks are a nice touch.
1 night business trip May 1, 2015
scott
"Independent hotel with elegance and charm"
Close to court house and down town area. Hotel has an old school charm about it. So if you're looking for something above the norm this hotel is for you. A bit pricey but worth the cost if you like original and elegance.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"Nice surprise"
We were traveling to the WI Stste DI tournament in Stevens Pt and typically stay in Marshfield or Stevens Pt. everything was booked. We did an Expedia search and this hotel popped up. The pics were nice, but when we arrived the hotel seemed even nicer than the pics showed. Room was clean, staff was friendly, facility was kept up for an older facility, and it was only 17 miles from UW SP. We will be coming back when we return. Thanks!
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Pete
Nice pool and hot tub area. Enjoyed are stay and will definitely stay again.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Nikki
"Enjoyable,relaxing stay !"
We stayed at hotel Mead for a Steel guitar Convention,and didn't have to leave the whole weekend as everything we needed was there.Restaurant,Bar and entertainment ! Gave cleanliness a 4 because of a little dust,apparently the room had not been used in sometime.
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
"Great place to stay in the Rapids"
Loved it
2 night trip Mar 13, 2015
Theresa
"Great place"
We stayed here on Saturday night . Wish we would have stayed the whole weekend. Very nice and relaxing. Cafe was good and nice to have especially when we were traveling with a 4 month old. We came down to watch my brother in law play on the riverkings. All the rooms where booked so Friday night we got a room at motel 6. What a nightmare. Dirty , loud and stunk. I tried every hotel even in Stevens point and everything was booked. So we toughed it out the first night even bought or own sheets and pillows. Then Saturday got a room at hotel mead. They even gave us a early check inn. Next time I'll only stay at the hotel mead.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
Tyler
"Good call."
Beautiful rooms, accommodating staff, great pool, great whirlpool.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
Cheryl
"Nothing really stands out"
Nothing really stands out about this hotel. This used to be the premier hotel in the area... built in the late 70s(?) early 80s, not much has been done to bring this hotel up to the current century. While there was a flat screen tv in the room it was at best a 24". Complimentary coffee was 2 8" cups of coffee... they could do better...way better to bring me back.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"Everything under one roof"
Food was great and nice pool area with early morning to late night hours, numerous eating/drinking options and music
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Jayne
It was a nice hotel ,fairly quiet. it had a nice restaurant..
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Terrific experience in downtown Wisconsin Rapids"
The front desk staff upgraded us from 2 doubles to single king room for no charge. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The TV armoire was falling apart and needed replaced but we opened the doors very carefully so we wouldn't break them. There was a wood smoke smell in the hallway and we were a little concerned the place was going to burn down. Thank god it didn't . I will definitely return when in town.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Duane
"Very nice hotel"
A friend and I stayed here while we were in town for a wedding. We loved it! The staff were friendly and helpful, the food at the restaurant was wonderful. (Try the cranberry french toast!) The hairdryer in our room was malfunctioning, but that is the only bad thing;and they ran a new one out to us very quickly. They even had live music in the bar-a nice surprise. We would definitely stay here again and may book a room just to visit the friends we made on staff!
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
"Business trip"
The decor was a little dated but the place was very clean. Staff was friendly. Restaruant was a bit slow. Breakfast started at 7am and we really need to get an earlier start.
3 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
Athena
"too soft beds"
I was disappointed in the beds. They were not as comfortable as I remember them. For the price of the room, I really expected more plush mattresses.
1 night trip with friends Sep 30, 2014
mary
"CLEAN but too hot>"
The staff were very friendly, the room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable but the room was too hot. We turned the heat off and had to open the window so we could sleep. The entire facility was very warm. The food was great!
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Annie
Great swimming pool!
1 night trip Oct 1, 2014
Easy to find and had a nice restaurant.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
"Decent Hotel"
Everything about the hotel met basic standards and it was comfortable enough. However, and this is just a general comment about the area, there is a really unpleasant odor that is in the town (I'm not sure if it's a paper mill, or...?) but in the hotel hallways, they must have the vents bringing in outside air, because it was really strong when we opened our room door.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Kate
"Very Good"
I had a great stay and the conference look are very nice. Rooms have high ceilings for a cool look.
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2014
"Beautiful central Wis. Hotel., recently upgraded"
Need car, but otherwise great, It would be cheaper if you did not need to rent a car, but the hotel had a car service.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Our room wasn't anything at all like your website. Not comfortable, bathroom wasn't clean, pillows were terrible, and the floors were horrible. There was a dog next door that barked for an hour!
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Great place to stay."
The place was a great place to stay. Unfortunately, the pool and hot tub were closed due to maintenance. But the stay was great, other than that.
1 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
Doug
"No one at the front desk"
No one would answer the phone when we called to the front desk, we would have to walk down there for help (2x). There was no tv. They were switching to digital, which I get, BUT there was no sign at the front desk, no warning on their website, no warning when we checked in. We had 3 kids with us, so it was a HUGE inconvenience. Beds smelt like dust, uncomfortable. Terrible in room coffee, but they have some for purchase in the restaurant.
1 night trip with friends Jul 28, 2014
sarah
"In the center of everything."
Stayed at the Mead where my 50th Class Reunion was hold. Not only were we hotel guests but the manor in which they handled the two night reunion festivites was wonderful. If we all live long enough to have a 55th, I'm sure it will be held there.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Cass reunion escape"
Good stay. Short visit, great location. Will stay again.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Nice hotel in good location for the near downtown area
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"nice area"
Nice hotel. Nice room.
1 night trip with friends Jul 13, 2014
"close to fireworks"
The hotel was great the only thing was they need more parking lot patrol when there is big events going on there were alot of people parked at the hotel that were not staying there and made it very difficult to find a spot for the paying guests
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Nick
"Not Spectacular but Very Good"
If you're visiting Wisconsin Rapids for business or pleasure, this is the place to stay. Hotel Mead possess the far amenities than what one would expect in a small town.
1 night business trip Jul 3, 2014