All hotels in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States of America
451 E Grand Ave, Wisconsin Rapids, WI, 54494, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great weekend getaway!"
Comfortable beds, big fluffy towels, and a clean pleasant room. Great blues/jazz band on the terrace made for a wonderful weekend getaway.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Carolyn
"Nice facilities but room for some improvement"
No free breakfast or coffee- just the small coffee pot in the room with two cups' worth. Large hotel with lots of common areas and nice patio area with live music in Friday night. Saturday night, however, the patio was not lit up even though a large group of us were sitting out there. Room's A/C was loud when it turned on and woke me up each time during the night for two nights so I was not able to get good night's sleep.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Pamela
"Cousins reunion"
The staff was very accommodating and friendly, the rooms were nice & the restaurant was great.
1 night family trip May 27, 2015
marylee
"Not the best"
We arrived early and we were given a room on the 4th floor I asked if we could please have a room on another floor do to the fact that my wife smokes and had a bad back... I could try to put the smokers on the 1 or 2 nd floor we were told there didn't have anything lower... no help what so ever.Hard for me to believe that the whole hotel would be booked in advance.... the room was so small for a double bed. across the street was in bad condition a awful view. We did decide to stay inside the hotel for dinner we went to have a drink and the bar tender did not know how to make a Tom Collins and looked it up on his cell he got it all wrong it was awful and I told him so... he still charged us for it...we then went to have dinner in the restaurant my wife had prime rib and it was cold... some area of the hotel felt dirty...
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Nice hotel in Wi Rapids"
Very nice hotel for the size city. The double sinks are a nice touch.
1 night business trip May 1, 2015
scott
"Independent hotel with elegance and charm"
Close to court house and down town area. Hotel has an old school charm about it. So if you're looking for something above the norm this hotel is for you. A bit pricey but worth the cost if you like original and elegance.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"Nice surprise"
We were traveling to the WI Stste DI tournament in Stevens Pt and typically stay in Marshfield or Stevens Pt. everything was booked. We did an Expedia search and this hotel popped up. The pics were nice, but when we arrived the hotel seemed even nicer than the pics showed. Room was clean, staff was friendly, facility was kept up for an older facility, and it was only 17 miles from UW SP. We will be coming back when we return. Thanks!
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Pete
Nice pool and hot tub area. Enjoyed are stay and will definitely stay again.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Nikki
"Enjoyable,relaxing stay !"
We stayed at hotel Mead for a Steel guitar Convention,and didn't have to leave the whole weekend as everything we needed was there.Restaurant,Bar and entertainment ! Gave cleanliness a 4 because of a little dust,apparently the room had not been used in sometime.
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
"Great place to stay in the Rapids"
Loved it
2 night trip Mar 13, 2015
Theresa
"Great place"
We stayed here on Saturday night . Wish we would have stayed the whole weekend. Very nice and relaxing. Cafe was good and nice to have especially when we were traveling with a 4 month old. We came down to watch my brother in law play on the riverkings. All the rooms where booked so Friday night we got a room at motel 6. What a nightmare. Dirty , loud and stunk. I tried every hotel even in Stevens point and everything was booked. So we toughed it out the first night even bought or own sheets and pillows. Then Saturday got a room at hotel mead. They even gave us a early check inn. Next time I'll only stay at the hotel mead.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
Tyler
"Good call."
Beautiful rooms, accommodating staff, great pool, great whirlpool.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
Cheryl
"Nothing really stands out"
Nothing really stands out about this hotel. This used to be the premier hotel in the area... built in the late 70s(?) early 80s, not much has been done to bring this hotel up to the current century. While there was a flat screen tv in the room it was at best a 24". Complimentary coffee was 2 8" cups of coffee... they could do better...way better to bring me back.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"Everything under one roof"
Food was great and nice pool area with early morning to late night hours, numerous eating/drinking options and music
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Jayne
It was a nice hotel ,fairly quiet. it had a nice restaurant..
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
"Terrific experience in downtown Wisconsin Rapids"
The front desk staff upgraded us from 2 doubles to single king room for no charge. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The TV armoire was falling apart and needed replaced but we opened the doors very carefully so we wouldn't break them. There was a wood smoke smell in the hallway and we were a little concerned the place was going to burn down. Thank god it didn't . I will definitely return when in town.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Duane
"Very nice hotel"
A friend and I stayed here while we were in town for a wedding. We loved it! The staff were friendly and helpful, the food at the restaurant was wonderful. (Try the cranberry french toast!) The hairdryer in our room was malfunctioning, but that is the only bad thing;and they ran a new one out to us very quickly. They even had live music in the bar-a nice surprise. We would definitely stay here again and may book a room just to visit the friends we made on staff!
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
"Business trip"
The decor was a little dated but the place was very clean. Staff was friendly. Restaruant was a bit slow. Breakfast started at 7am and we really need to get an earlier start.
3 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
Athena
"too soft beds"
I was disappointed in the beds. They were not as comfortable as I remember them. For the price of the room, I really expected more plush mattresses.
1 night trip with friends Sep 30, 2014
mary
"CLEAN but too hot>"
The staff were very friendly, the room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable but the room was too hot. We turned the heat off and had to open the window so we could sleep. The entire facility was very warm. The food was great!
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Annie
Great swimming pool!
1 night trip Oct 1, 2014
Easy to find and had a nice restaurant.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
"Decent Hotel"
Everything about the hotel met basic standards and it was comfortable enough. However, and this is just a general comment about the area, there is a really unpleasant odor that is in the town (I'm not sure if it's a paper mill, or...?) but in the hotel hallways, they must have the vents bringing in outside air, because it was really strong when we opened our room door.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Kate
"Very Good"
I had a great stay and the conference look are very nice. Rooms have high ceilings for a cool look.
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2014
"Beautiful central Wis. Hotel., recently upgraded"
Need car, but otherwise great, It would be cheaper if you did not need to rent a car, but the hotel had a car service.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Our room wasn't anything at all like your website. Not comfortable, bathroom wasn't clean, pillows were terrible, and the floors were horrible. There was a dog next door that barked for an hour!
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Great place to stay."
The place was a great place to stay. Unfortunately, the pool and hot tub were closed due to maintenance. But the stay was great, other than that.
1 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
Doug
"No one at the front desk"
No one would answer the phone when we called to the front desk, we would have to walk down there for help (2x). There was no tv. They were switching to digital, which I get, BUT there was no sign at the front desk, no warning on their website, no warning when we checked in. We had 3 kids with us, so it was a HUGE inconvenience. Beds smelt like dust, uncomfortable. Terrible in room coffee, but they have some for purchase in the restaurant.
1 night trip with friends Jul 28, 2014
sarah
"In the center of everything."
Stayed at the Mead where my 50th Class Reunion was hold. Not only were we hotel guests but the manor in which they handled the two night reunion festivites was wonderful. If we all live long enough to have a 55th, I'm sure it will be held there.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Cass reunion escape"
Good stay. Short visit, great location. Will stay again.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Nice hotel in good location for the near downtown area
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"nice area"
Nice hotel. Nice room.
1 night trip with friends Jul 13, 2014
"close to fireworks"
The hotel was great the only thing was they need more parking lot patrol when there is big events going on there were alot of people parked at the hotel that were not staying there and made it very difficult to find a spot for the paying guests
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Nick
"Not Spectacular but Very Good"
If you're visiting Wisconsin Rapids for business or pleasure, this is the place to stay. Hotel Mead possess the far amenities than what one would expect in a small town.
1 night business trip Jul 3, 2014
Al
"What I am used to at lesser motels was not include"
The general stay was pleasant but at lesser hotels, things I have become used to like in room refrigerators and even microwaves were not included. The bathroom is showing it's age.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Ok, but could have been better"
We stayed overnight for my son's soccer tournament. Check in was set for 4pm, but our room wasn't ready until 5:30pm. All that was given was an apology. I felt like a small discount for the inconvenience should have been offered, but it wasn't. My son had already played two games that day and was looking forward to a shower when we got to the hotel. Having to wait for over an hour in the lobby was a disappointment.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Old hotel Wisconsin Rapids."
Horrible beds not updated. Not comfortable when you are traveling
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"In Town for Baseball"
I was in town with my 13 year old son for a baseball tournament. This hotel was almost right in the middle of both fields we played at so the location was perfect for our needs. Also had one of the other players on our team stay with us. Beds are double beds and my son is 6' tall and moves a lot so we each needed our own bed and I brought a blow up. Was able to fit that easily. Hotel was very clean and quiet (we were in the west wing on the 4th floor). Staff were all very friendly and responsive. Very active hotel with weddings and different things going on. A lot of other teams staying here too. Was happy to see it busy --- always a good sign. Will definitely stay here in the future if in Rapids again.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Great hotel!"
The pool and hot tub are incredible!! All in all... It's a very nice well kept hotel. We enjoy staying there very much!
1 night family trip May 10, 2014
Rosemary
"Nice hotel but aging"
Hotel Mead has always had a reputation as an upscale hotel, however, you can tell was a while ago. The hotel was nice but definitely needs an upgrade. It would be nice to leave the original decor from the 60's/70's but needs the updating. Things were showing their age. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2013
"Comfortable and Clean"
Hotel Mead, while nothing fancy, is clean and comfortable with helpful staff and a nice cafe. Having stayed in a couple of places in this area I would rate this as the best hotel in town.
2 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2013
"Bad behavior by hotel owners family"
Disappointed. I've stayed at this hotel a dozen times, but this last visit may make me rethink my choice next time. The mattresses kept slipping off the box springs, the pillows were lumpy and our room never got cleaned the weekend we were there. But the most irritating thing was the pool. I booked the Mead because I've enjoyed the pool on past stays. This time, I took my nieces down for a relaxing swim before bed, about 10:15pm, but about 12 loud, rowdy people joined us, throwing several balls and frisbies and pool furniture around. Numerous times the balls and frisby whizzed past our faces. This group was so rude, loud and inconsiderate that we left early. My husband bumped into them the next morning and it turns out, they said they were all relatives of the hotel owners!! The same bad behavior occurred the next morning in the pool. We left early again. Ridiculous and Rude.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2013
LV
"Reunion visit"
Went to a great class reunion. The first that we really enjoyed.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
"Comfortable hotel, best one in the area."
Quiet hotel. Accommodations were good. Nothing special. Key cards did not work right and I had to go down to the desk twice before I was able to get into my room.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
Marilyn
Located in downtown area. Close to river. Neighborhood was quiet so probably not ideal spot for night life. The hotel is a little older but very well maintained with a nice pool and two good restaurants on the property.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2013
Stay was good but i had called to upgrade our room and....it didn't get upgraded in the computer so we only got the jacuzzi sweet one night and had to swap rooms. Otherwise everything was perfect!
2 night romance trip Jun 14, 2013
Brook
"A very relaxing, clean and quiet hotel - GREAT!"
The hotel had a lot going on and a lot of cars in the lots but we never heard any noice, very peaceful stay. The rooms were very clean.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
"Close to all places of events"
Impressed at how quiet our stay was, even though the hotel was full.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
"The Facts"
We arrived on Friday evening and the staff were very pleasant. On Saturday, check out was at noon but I was not aware of that or perhaps I missed the service person behind the desk say that to me. It might be good to have more than one person behind the desk at check out time but the person handled the volume of people very well and she was very kind about me leaving my baggage near the front desk while I waited to be able to load it in my transportation back home.
1 night business trip May 17, 2013
"Good choice for Wisconsin Rapids"
Nice hotel in a small mid-western town
4 night business trip Apr 29, 2013