All hotels in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here451 E Grand Ave, Wisconsin Rapids, WI, 54494, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"ok but expensive"
Too expensive,Please replace shower head with something not from the 50's.Food and bar were nice.
Other trip Nov 9, 2012
Stumpy
"Great for individual, family, or for a conference."
I have stayed there before and always love to come back. The entoire staff is very friendly and makes you feel comforatable.
Other trip Oct 14, 2012
Dee
We were there for a funeral. It was quiet, the people were nice, the rooms were nice, very clean, and comfortable. We usually stay there when we are in Wisconsin Rapids. It has always been the best.
Other trip Sep 24, 2012
"Wisconsin Rapids has few good choices"
I am hoping my experience was an exception, not the rule. Wisconsin Rapids does seem to be a tough spot to get a great room. I have had poor service and conditions at multiple hotels there. If you can stay in Stevens Point or Plover, you will be better served. This hotel's location is key. The building is getting dated, and has a complex layout. It takes a moment or two to find your way around. My room was small, there were leftovers left in the fridge from a previous guest, and my bed felt like I was sleeping on plywood. The bar/restaurant was nice and friendly. The pool and game area looked very nice. The fitness area was nice, but the TVs are dated and in poor shape. If I do stay here again, I will try to upgrade my room to see if my experience improves.
Other trip Sep 24, 2012
Dale
Always enjoy staying here. My 6 year old granddaughter would like to live here she says. Staff always friendly and make us feel welcome
Other trip Sep 9, 2012
Carrie
"Close to Downtown Area & Everything in Rapids"
I grew-up in the Rapids and the Mead Hotel was there then. So when I came for my 45th class reunion, I was hesitant about booking at the Mead. But I was pleasantly surprised by how well maintained the hotel is and it was a very pleasant four day stay. The staff is very cordial and the bar tender was the only one in Rapids that could make a Pina Colada with a dash of Bailey's Irish Cream for my wife.
Other trip Jul 12, 2012
Carl
"FRIENDLY STAFF, NICE ROOM"
Only one night but pleasant. Room airconditioning wasn't cooling well, we told staff and they immediatly gave us another room close by, which was cooling well. Room was quiet and comfortable.
Trip with friends Jul 7, 2012
baze t
Very nice hotel. Maintained well.
Other trip Jun 30, 2012
"Great place for a conference"
Overall it was a great experience. Refrigerator in the room had a very loud hum to it. Once that was unplugged it was great!
Other trip Jun 11, 2012
Tracey
"Clean and comfortable"
I'm very familiar with the Hotel Mead because I used to live in Wisconsin Rapids. The hotel's employees are very courteous, and the hotel is quiet and well-maintained. The decor and TVs are a bit dated at this point, but everything is in good condition and clean.
Other trip Jun 5, 2012

"Awesome Stay"
The hotel was top shelf as far as I am concerned and was great for the cost. Staff was friendly and helpful and the pool was nice and clean as well as the rooms. I would recommend for sure.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
1 night trip Jan 4, 2013
2 night trip Dec 7, 2012
2 night trip Nov 9, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Hotel Mead & Conference Center

"Wisconsin Rapids Noon Rotary Meetings"
05/07/15 brucer11303 Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
The Wisconsin Rapids Noon Rotary Club has held our weekly Club Meetings at the Hotel Mead for many years. The staff has taken excellent care of us each and every week. The food is always very good. Someone is always available if we have any special requests for our speakers or club members at our meetings. I have only complimentary things to say about the Hotel Mead facilities and customer service!!
"Great place to stay for the area"
05/04/15 Rick Z
The hotel was a little dated, but upscale and boy was it worth the price. My room was clean, well maintained, and overall it was a pleasant stay. There was plenty of room in the parking lot and I would not hesitate to stay here again when I come back to the area.
"Fantastic Low Cost Quality"
04/29/15 Brenda S Ashland
Older big uptown hotel in tiptop shape, clean, friendly, live music, great reasonably priced food at inhouse restaurant, two elevators, plenty of parking lot space, humongous pool almost 6ft. deep! Only 6 minutes from soccer fields! Very comfy beds. Quiet on third floor where our room was located. Lots of extra seating in entrances, would be great for family or teams to converse without being cramped in a room or the bar or dining area. Even has room service available at reasonable prices on food! We plan to stay again soon when we revisit the area!
"Expo"
04/21/15 Pamela P Stevens Point, Wisconsin
We held a Senior Expo at Hotel mead. The event planner, Joan was wonderful with planning the set up of the event. Easy to work with and very knowledgeable. The day of the event her staff were excellant making sure the food was replinshed timely, very friendly and on top of anything we needed. I highly recommend the Hotel mead for any event!
04/04/15 greg m Eden Prairie, Minnesota
There is an indoor pool. Good breakfast in the restaurant. Location is good and just three blocks from the river with a good walkway along the river. The price is good and the place is clean. Good park areas along the river.
"They amazed me"
04/03/15 KPRiley911 Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
We were guests of Hotel Mead for a month when our house flooded and was being restored. Two adults, four children ages 16, 7, 3, and 1, attempting to live a regular life out of two adjoining rooms for a month is no easy feat. With such a long stay, we became well acquainted with the entire staff, and they with us. I cannot praise them enough for their kindness and willingness to assist us. Charlie is our favorite housekeeper, but they were all awesome and friendly. They remembered to wish my 3 year old "happy birthday" on her special day. Precocious child she is, she locked me out of one of the adjoining rooms, twice. Maintenance was here within two minutes, both times, and had the door open within one. She also snuck out once and all staff immediately assisted searching for her until she was found (chatting up another guest by Café Mulino). When one stopped by to give us lightbulbs while we were watching a Disney movie, she saw him and exclaimed, "my prince!" Tom, Valerie, and the rest of the front desk staff went above and beyond as well. Even though they were booked solid a few weekends during our stay, they managed to rearrange, allowing us to stay at the same hotel, instead of needing to relocate to another facility with a month's worth of belongings in tow. Not once were we treated with disrespect, even when my son spilled his entire spaghetti dinner in the floor and they had to shampoo the carpet. They honored the little ones' naptimes, and returned toys to them when they cleaned with smiles on their faces. We brought some blankets, pillows, and stuffed animals from home. When they made the beds, they made them with our items, giving us a little more comfort. My older children caught the bus here for school during our stay. Every staff member we'd pass while waiting for the bus would say good morning and wish them a good day at school. Every day. Same for my husband, who'd leave at 3 am to go to work. The business area was very helpful when I ran out of ink on my own printer and needed to print and scan all my paperwork for insurance and my job. They also had no issue faxing things for me or shredding private documents. Internet handled four computers, one xBox, three cell phones, and other various handhelds with minimal issues. The family suites are great. We had two adjoining, which allowed ample room for the kids to spread out and play, a desk for my computer, a pullout couch (which is also comfortable for naps) and actual closets to keep most of our mess out of sight when not needed. My oldest used the fitness area a few times and loved it. We also took advantage of the pool once in awhile, the whirlpool and sauna became a nightly unwinding ritual for my husband and myself. The Grand Avenue Tavern makes a pretty decent blue moon margarita and has some sort of musical entertainment every weekend to help us kill some time. And, Café Mulino's AYCE Friday Fish Fry is EXCELLENT! Some places have more batter than fish for Friday Fish Fry. Not Café Mulino. The fish is actually thick, flaky and so juicy! I loved it. All in all, the owners and staff of Hotel Mead turned an unfortunate situation into a very pleasant experience for this whole family. I cannot recommend them enough, and am actually a bit sad we will be checking out soon. Thank you for everything.
"If you are in the area"
03/23/15 Eileen P Woodstock,il
Great spot for a stop over when we were touring the area. large, clean comfy rooms,2nd vanity located outside bathroom, which was nice. welcoming staff. Good value. Sports bar has a nice selection of beer and basic bar food. Located near downtown..
"Great value for a clean full service hotel."
03/08/15 Bubbletone Wisconsin
Quick overnight at the Hotel Mead. Everything was clean. Public areas were inviting. Bed was great. The rate was very reasonable for a king bed and a living/sitting area with microwave and refrigerator. Two TV's. We ate breakfast at their restaurant. It was very good, delivered quickly, and reasonably priced. If this hotel were in a larger city the prices would be much higher for this type of lodging and service. Minor complaints: The lighting (as in many hotels) was way too dim and dingy for me. The placement of the TV in the living area is directly over the refrigerator and bar area--begging for someone to bump a head. We did not use the pool area or bar so can't comment much, but the pool looked clean and the bar was attractive. We stayed in the West Tower. I do not know if the rooms in the other tower were as nice as ours. All in all I thought it was a great value.
"Great hotel accommodations issue with restaurant and bar"
03/04/15 Jaime T
The hotel is great stay - big beautiful lobby and GREAT STAFF EVERYWHERE - my only issue is that the restaurant and bar close really early (around 9pm) and when we were coming back from a very long day of working it was a bummer to have to leave again to eat/drink something
"Very nice hotel"
01/18/15 jacht42 Manchester
Stayed at the Hotel Mead while in Wisconsin Rapids for a figure skating competition. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Clean room with all the expected amenities plus refrigerator and microwave. Easy check in and check out.