All hotels in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States of America
451 E Grand Ave, Wisconsin Rapids, WI, 54494, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"great hotel in wis rapds"
Hotel Mead was a very pleasant place to stay. Well decorated- beautiful. Nice pool and hot tub - also fitness area.Upscale restarant and bar inside hotel. Within walking distance of downtown and a short drive from many other dining and entertainment choices. Hotel staff pleasant and helpful, and service was great.
1 night trip Dec 8, 2012
We were there for deer hunting. I asked for a wake up call at 3am sat. and at 3am sunday. We never got the call. Luckily with all the excitement of the hunt we woke up without the call. When I called for the call on sunday I told them they forgot and couldn't believeit. Yet they did it a 2nd time.
3 night trip Nov 16, 2012
"wonderful place to have a wedding"
We stayed here because we attended a wedding at Hotel Mead. Food was terrific. Our room was in the same tower at the wedding....quite convenient. The beds were comfortable, and the room was very clean and quiet. Price was reasonable.
1 night trip Nov 17, 2012
Susie
"ok but expensive"
Too expensive,Please replace shower head with something not from the 50's.Food and bar were nice.
Other trip Nov 9, 2012
Stumpy
"Great for individual, family, or for a conference."
I have stayed there before and always love to come back. The entoire staff is very friendly and makes you feel comforatable.
Other trip Oct 14, 2012
Dee
We were there for a funeral. It was quiet, the people were nice, the rooms were nice, very clean, and comfortable. We usually stay there when we are in Wisconsin Rapids. It has always been the best.
Other trip Sep 24, 2012
"Wisconsin Rapids has few good choices"
I am hoping my experience was an exception, not the rule. Wisconsin Rapids does seem to be a tough spot to get a great room. I have had poor service and conditions at multiple hotels there. If you can stay in Stevens Point or Plover, you will be better served. This hotel's location is key. The building is getting dated, and has a complex layout. It takes a moment or two to find your way around. My room was small, there were leftovers left in the fridge from a previous guest, and my bed felt like I was sleeping on plywood. The bar/restaurant was nice and friendly. The pool and game area looked very nice. The fitness area was nice, but the TVs are dated and in poor shape. If I do stay here again, I will try to upgrade my room to see if my experience improves.
Other trip Sep 24, 2012
Dale
Always enjoy staying here. My 6 year old granddaughter would like to live here she says. Staff always friendly and make us feel welcome
Other trip Sep 9, 2012
Carrie
"Close to Downtown Area & Everything in Rapids"
I grew-up in the Rapids and the Mead Hotel was there then. So when I came for my 45th class reunion, I was hesitant about booking at the Mead. But I was pleasantly surprised by how well maintained the hotel is and it was a very pleasant four day stay. The staff is very cordial and the bar tender was the only one in Rapids that could make a Pina Colada with a dash of Bailey's Irish Cream for my wife.
Other trip Jul 12, 2012
Carl
"FRIENDLY STAFF, NICE ROOM"
Only one night but pleasant. Room airconditioning wasn't cooling well, we told staff and they immediatly gave us another room close by, which was cooling well. Room was quiet and comfortable.
Trip with friends Jul 7, 2012
baze t

"Awesome Stay"
The hotel was top shelf as far as I am concerned and was great for the cost. Staff was friendly and helpful and the pool was nice and clean as well as the rooms. I would recommend for sure.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
2 night trip Nov 9, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Hotel Mead & Conference Center

"It was good!"
07/02/15 Famof5onaBudget
My family and I stayed at Hotel Mead while visiting Wisconsin Rapids. My kids enjoyed the pool and we also enjoyed brunch at the Grand Tavern. Food was delicious, and we had a great time. Booking the hotel was very easy and I was very pleased with hotel staff, one in particular named Valery. I specifically asked her for a hot tub suite and if she could make sure it was be as close as possible to another empty room because my mom and aunts were traveling with us. She made it happen! By the time I arrived she booked in a conjoining room. Overall I am very pleased.
"Average Stay"
06/30/15 Mainesilver1 Norway, Maine
Stayed four days at Hotel Mead. The location was prime for me as I was visiting a business down town Wisconsin Rapids. Check in was fine - no problems. I was placed in a room with 2 queen beds which was located on the back side of the hotel on the 2nd floor. The room was across from the elevator which was a bit noisy with people getting on or off. Next time I would ask to be away from the elevator. Room was fairly average, a bit out dated and worn. The bed was comfy though and so that made up the difference. Pillows were not great (small and lumpy). It was not terrible but just average. The hotel has a bar - the bar had a good selection and service was good. I also had breakfast in the hotel twice - food was good but service was slow and poor (both days). After that, I went out to breakfast and ate all mills in area restaurants. There is a good restaurant across the street (if you go out the door that is located in the bar). I probably will stay there again as the location is so good. However, hoping hotel management will continue upgrading the hotel and also do something about the service in the restaurant.
"Great Place For Teams To Stay"
06/16/15 Joe B Marquette, Michigan, United States
I arrange the hotels for my daughter's youth travel soccer team. Another great experience with options for both the adults our 11 year old daughters. The parents love the Tunes on The Terrace on Friday and the kids like the pool area and large lobby to gather in. The bar makes it easy to have a drink and catch a game and still know the kids are safe.
"Conference"
06/10/15 Jeff K
We organized a dinner of 25 with Joan and her staff at the Mead. Every detail was taken care of from a private room to wonderful service, appetizers and main courses were great. The staff did an excellent job from the time we sat to their attentiveness for the conference of well over 100 in attendance. Thanks everyone at the Hotel Mead
"First class hotel and conference center"
06/09/15 farmbrough Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
I have attended the Mead many times, for conferences, conventions or professional meetings. I have stayed there, and I have eaten at its restaurants and its bar. The comprehensive nature of the Mead means you don't really have to go anywhere else if you're attending a business convention there. This is the top of the range hotel in the Wisconsin Rapids area. Although more pricey than some others, this is reflected in the Mead's service, ambience and class. My room was very comfortable with a small bathroom, tea and coffee-making facilities, and cable television. All the staff were attentive, friendly, and polite while being non-intrusive. Meals at the Café Mulino have improved a lot since the menu has changed. Modern Italian food cooked and presented well. As a convention center, I would recommend the Mead to anyone who wants to host a convention or meeting and wants to impress the attendees. It also provides an ideal place for hosts and attendees to stay. As a hotel I would recommend the Mead to those on a slightly higher budget, who want a touch of luxury or class in their accommodation.
"Great place to stay!"
06/05/15 Diane639 Theresa
The hotel staff was welcoming upon check-in which was quick and easy. We were impressed with the beautifully decorated interior. We stayed in a whirlpool suite, which was very clean and well maintained. It was very romantic, with a few unique special touches included. The bed was very comfy and we loved the bathroom set-up with sinks and mirrors both inside and right outside the bathroom door. The room was very quiet, no noise at all even with two weddings going on in the hotel's beautiful ballrooms. We enjoyed the bar area - bartenders were very friendly and attentive. We also enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the café. We will definitely be back!!
"Business trip 5-31 thru 6-15"
06/05/15 Donna W Church Hill, Tennessee
Place exterior little outdated,interior better. Friendly staff upon checkin/out. Room clean, was down/feather free as requested. On arrival Sun evening,we visited the lounge area,truely was not impressived at all. Music was way to loud from the juke box? Sat for over 5mins . before the bartender came over and asked for our drink order, wasn't very friendly and didn't know what (or offer to google recipe )a moscow mule or bees knees was. Ended up ordering a Stella,was never asked if wanted another so tabbed out and returned to the room. If stay there again,I would go elsewhere for a drink. Did enjoy,room service for breakfast. Dekicious and server was very nice and kind.
"Wisconsin Rapids Noon Rotary Meetings"
05/07/15 brucer11303 Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
The Wisconsin Rapids Noon Rotary Club has held our weekly Club Meetings at the Hotel Mead for many years. The staff has taken excellent care of us each and every week. The food is always very good. Someone is always available if we have any special requests for our speakers or club members at our meetings. I have only complimentary things to say about the Hotel Mead facilities and customer service!!
"Great place to stay for the area"
05/04/15 Rick Z
The hotel was a little dated, but upscale and boy was it worth the price. My room was clean, well maintained, and overall it was a pleasant stay. There was plenty of room in the parking lot and I would not hesitate to stay here again when I come back to the area.
"Fantastic Low Cost Quality"
04/29/15 Brenda S Ashland
Older big uptown hotel in tiptop shape, clean, friendly, live music, great reasonably priced food at inhouse restaurant, two elevators, plenty of parking lot space, humongous pool almost 6ft. deep! Only 6 minutes from soccer fields! Very comfy beds. Quiet on third floor where our room was located. Lots of extra seating in entrances, would be great for family or teams to converse without being cramped in a room or the bar or dining area. Even has room service available at reasonable prices on food! We plan to stay again soon when we revisit the area!