All hotels in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States of America
2901 Osceola Pkwy, Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Construction workers looking in our window"
Overall was not very happy with our stay. The hotel has a nice ambiance, staff for the most part was friendly. The main issues I had i rented 2 rooms (one with 2 queen beds and the other with 1 king bed). I made the request when booking w expedia, called the hotel directly the day before to confirm this and on check in. I asked if possible that the rooms be close to each other or adjoining. They gave us adjoining rooms but instead of my room being a king bed they gave us a queen bed and next to it a bunk bed. Was not ideal to sleep my wife and i plus child but I kept the room and slept on bunk bed. More disturbing is BOTH of my standard rooms had a nice view of a scaffolding. On our 3rd and last day my teenage daughter in the other room came out of the shower to have a worker in a white jump suit on the scaffolding looking directly into her room!! I was hot to say the least and had we not been checking out that day I would have definitely requested another room or left. Aside from the noise that they would make from construction starting around 8:30am was upsetting. We ate the breakfast buffet at the hotel two of the mornings and was good. The first day we had a very friendly waiter. Our second day the waitress was very indifferent and was not rude but defintetly not friendly and had to be asked for several things. NO bell boy when we arrived for check in on the magical express bus .
Other trip May 8, 2015
Albert
"Beauty surrounds, but food options tiresome &$$$"
The decor is pretty good. All handmade woods decor beds and real artistic and African relics all over. There are too many details in the hotel to take it in in the first few days. Lots of books and crannies to take in the vista and the animals. Quite surprised By the number of animals you can really see from your room. Rooms felt a bit crowded. Bathrooms are dark, damp and basic. He hotel requires a bus or car drive to get out. So plan ahead. Eating in house got tiresome after the first two days. We chose it for African and Indian food options, but these were average at best and very overpriced. Sanaa was beautiful but "fusion" may he a polite way of saying " we don't know how to cook Indian food".
5 night family trip May 1, 2015
"Wonderful ....place ...time and views"
I loved the surroundings ..the buildings , trees and animal views.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Great rooms but the beds are a little too firm. Staff was attentive
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Stay here!"
I have stayed at most of the higher end hotels in Disney....unique for sure. Compare Boardwalk Hotel to this one...not even close! Not connected to the monorail...not within walking distance of Epcot...do not give it a thought...take the bus..well worth the stay here! This is now my favorite hotel at Disney.
Other trip May 2, 2015
"A place you should see"
We were there to celebrate my son`s birthday. It was great. BOMA was pricey but much better than other restaurants in DisneyWorld. You can view the animals early in the morning. We enjoyed it.
3 night family trip Feb 3, 2015
"Very nice. Loved the theme"
Staff was very nice and accommodating especially the cleaning service.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Shawna
"Wish I had an extra day"
Checking in took some time, but overall hotel was as advertised. Wish I had more time to actually enjoy it. Plan for at least one day to enjoy the amenities.
2 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
Antonio
"Amazing!!!"
The staff was great!! They were always kind and helpful. The made my son feel included and special! There were lots of activities for kids!! The pool area was great! Would definitely enjoy staying here again!!
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Denise
"Spring Break Fun!"
Traveled to Disney with a 2 yr and another party. This hotel was suggested with an Arusha view. The view was amazing and we had a great view of the animals. The animals were always out roaming, day and night! The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. I wasn't happy with the shower head. Seemed like it needed replaced or tightened. The water did not flow like a shower normally would. I was also little disappointed that my requests were not met to have a room near the party I was traveling with after requesting 2 weeks in advance. Overall, it was a great stay and my 2 year old really enjoyed it. I will def stay again!
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Mase Mommy
"Amazing hotel with animals seen from your room."
The hotel and the staff are absolutely great. It's amazing. I highly recommend it. If you can get a room with a view to the savannah then is much better. The only minor suggestion is that I recommend they put more outlets in the room to be able to charge all the electronics we use. Thanks
7 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Ezequiel
"The food was excellent and interesting."
Hot weather but we were able to return to hotel to swim in the afternoon. Returning to the park in the evening.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Arusha View room at Animal Kingdom Lodge"
We chose a room on the second floor and after waiting half hour given a room on the 3rd with "Arusha Rock" view. No thank you! It's an expensive Arusha view room with a blocked view of the savannah. I was not happy and had to press a bit, but they had given away our room and finally agreed to give us another but it wasn't clean. We then waited another hour for a room on the second floor in the second building out from the lobby and it was perfect. The animals were right there- truly felt like we were a world away. There are rooms with out the savannah view, but we thought it was worth while to spend the extra for the Arusha savannah view. The hotel has a shallow pool and bar with food until about 7:00. There is a cafeteria style restaurant and also Boma and Jiko. Boma is a pricey all you can eat and we preferred Jiko. We did grab and go for breakfast in the cafeteria where there is also fruit, baked goods and yogurt. After being in Magic Kingdom it was nice to be able to have a cocktail (even the gift store sells beer and wine) in Animal Kingdom Lodge and at parks venues.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
momio from ME
"Enjoyable Disney hotel"
We booked this hotel for the last two nights of our 2-week stay in Florida as a 'treat' after staying in more moderately priced hotels. It was a great way to end the holiday; we benefited from being able to use the magic bands and make use of the Disney shuttle transportation. I wasn't expecting a great view from our room as we had booked fairly last minute but we had a wonderful view of the 'savannah' and could see giraffes, horned cattle and beautiful birds from our balcony. We had dinner the first night at Jiko restaurant at the Lodge, as it was highly rated on TripAdvisor, and we weren't disappointed. Our greeter (from South Africa) was chatty and friendly and our waitress too was friendly and well-informed about the food. I had hoped we would be able to use the Disney airport shuttle service on our departure but that is only available to guests flying from Orlando International Airport and we were flying from Sanford so couldn't use it.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
Anne
"Views are awesome!"
Awesome stay after a long day at the park. Great food options and size of pool was awesome. Animal view was the extra awesome part of our stay!!
1 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
Penny
"Disney First Time"
Overall, I think our expectations were too high so we were let down a bit. The trip started out poorly when our luggage was not delivered to our rooms until late at night. We arrived at Orlando airport at 2:30pm and after confirming with the folks at the Disney Express counter (free shuttle) they assured us that our luggage would be delivered to our rooms in 2 to 3 hours. We asked "are you sure" and they said yes. We didn't get the Disney Express Luggage tags in time but they assured us it was ok (we gave them our baggage claims). NOTE: Expedia and Disney are not linked so you need to follow up with Disney immediately after you book through Expedia to get the proper tags. Our luggage arrived after 10pm long after our 2 year old needed her sleeping items. This was unacceptable because we could have easily gotten our luggage and took it with us. I was also disappointed in the over commercialization of everything while at Disney but respect their right to do it. We will just look elsewhere for future vacations.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Animals were amazing. Felt like we were on safari"
Hotel staff was amazing. The pool area was great and the lush surroundings were beautiful. The hotel was super clean and comfortable.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Great stay - loved the view"
We booked a stanard view room for six nights through Expedia. We were excited to find out that we were assigned to a savannah view room, not the parking lot / pool view we had paid for. We had a great view of zebras, giraffes, etc. the view really made the stay. There are also great viewing decks if you don't get the savannah view.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Awesome spring break at AKL!"
My husband and I took a 2 year old and 11 year old to Disney for spring break and had a phenomenal time. Our 2 year old loves animals so AKL was highly recommended. Based on reviews we booked the Arusha view and we stayed on the "Zebra trail" but saw many other animals during our stay. Seems like they came out more in the afternoon during our stay but you can see them all over the lodge throughout the day. Bathroom a little dark but accommodations were nice. There was a slight musty smell in an area of the room but it was tolerable. The staff was amazing. I requested in advance for our rooms to be adjoined and they were able to accommodate that. (my husband booked a second room much later than I did) There were not able to be another party that traveled with us near us but no complaints there. It was a very enjoyable stay.
Davis' Mom
"Very Disappointed"
The hotel is very dated. Our room was very small & we paid $450.00 a night. Our rooms decor was old. There was a huge armoire for the TV - it took up so much space. The safe was so small. We were not provided with robes or slippers. The bathroom was so small - it was crazy. The pool towels were thin. The pool was nice but I wish you could order some food from the bar. The restaurants were all booked for dinner so we ordered room service. We stayed at the Hyatt in Orlando for 2 days prior for business trip, and it was amazing. The Hyatt was half the price, our room was beautiful, large and very comfortable. The bathroom mirror had a TV in it. Our son watched a baseball game while taking his bath - he loved it. The pool was amazing. We will never stay at a Disney resort again. The hotel is a lot like the Disney World - kind of stuck in the past. I think Disney needs to keep up with modern times - and invest some money in updating the park and their hotel.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
We stayed for a long weekend. the hotel was nice but nothing out of the ordinary for Disney.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Animal Kingdom Stay"
Room was "ok" not worth the price. Room Equivalent airport marroitt, kids liked the animals. pool was lukewarm
1 night family trip Mar 30, 2015
Matthew
"enjoy"
excellent
3 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
christelle
"It's not worth the money . The dolphin resort !!!"
The dolphin resort is way better !! Not enough animals there
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
paul
Very relaxing! We loved the precious animals and the kind safari staff.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Beautiful hotel with excellent staff"
Over all experience was great. The only reason I did not give a 5 was because the activities for the kids (for the price you pay for your stay) where boring. It got cold when we went so the movie at the pool was taken inside to be watch on a small flat screen (we can do that at home). The 8:15pm "parade" is hardly that, I expected at least someone in costume, but it was just guest kids in a line chanting. Nothing wrong with that but definatly not a parade. Everything else was excellent!!
1 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
Cybelle
"Mark from PVB"
Excellent stay. The service was great as everyone was very helpful, only suggestion would be to have 1 concierge dedicated to dining reservations as it took awhile to get to a concierge when a guest was needing tickets help The room was comfortable and the safari view was exciting Had to take bus transportation to all attractions, would have liked the opportunity to walk to the Animal Kingdom resort
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
great hotel and location, not as many animals as expected
"As you would expect from Disney"
Great. The only negative is that my young kids didn't feel it was Mickeyed enough. But if you aren't 3 I suppose it doesn't matter much. Great hotel overall.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
emily
"Outdated"
Horrible experience. Room smells musty. Rooms need total upgrade.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
TJ
"Disney quality stay"
The resort is beautiful and our room had a great view of the savannah. The wildlife was beautiful to see first thing in the morning. The room was clean and roomy and although we requested one king bed we had to settle for two queen beds. The food is quite pricey. The hotel itself is quite large and the trek to the lobby from our room made double and triple check not to forget anything.
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
margaret
"Animal expereince"
Great place, great hotel. The restaurants are very pricey, and very booked. First night we couldn't get in for dinner at the only two restaurants that are sit down inside the hotel. Ended up at the pool for fast food. Love the hotel, glad we did it for three nights, but there is not enough variety in food on the property
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
trish
"Animal watching a unique experience"
Lovely experience with animals but did not like the dark feel and t the sheets were scratchy, pillows and beds uncomfortable. Room very small. Bathroom depressing.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Prefer Luxury
"Expensive and Expansive Resort"
This is an excellent hotel in most respects. We arrived and departed via the airport shuttle and used the regular bus service to visit some of the Disney theme parks. I give it only an "OK" rating for the following reasons: the expense of and need to obtain reservations for the nicer restaurants and the difficulty in accessing any locations other than the Disney resorts. For some people the amount of walking required to get to many rooms and from the lobby to the bus loading areas would also be a concern.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Front office staff is awful... Rude long waits.."
Very upset with the staff... It appears they are not ready for disney bands.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"we would go back again."
my family and i have stayed at many of the disney resorts over the years. i think that this is one of our favorites. Not huge and overwhelming or noisy and crazy just peaceful and great for relaxing.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Fantastic!!"
We loved this hotel, from the bracelet room key to the amazing buffet breakfast everything was great! Loved seeing the animals (giraffe, ostrich, zebra) outside the window of our room. It made it feel like we were staying in the middle of a zoo. The pool was nice. I can't say a bad thing about this hotel. This will be my go to hotel in Orlando.
4 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
Monika
"Beautiful African-themed Hotel"
The Animal Kingdom experience begins in the fabulous lobby, interior design and extends throughout the grounds. You can swim in the two beautiful pools with waterslides, with giraffes, gazelles, flamingos and other wildlife in view. The restaurants, particularly Jikoband Boma, exceeded our expectations. The food was amazing and delicious, and the staff very responsive to sensitivities to gluten and dairy. Disney obviously extensively trains its staff and it was fun to meet people from all over Africa. The guest rooms were lovely.
Chipsbird
"Great Family Hotel"
For being a family orientated resort this place is well organized, the staff is excellent and the food is phenomenal. The Jiko restaurant is some of the best south African food we have tried.
R
We had a great time and everyone was very helpful. Loved the animal experience! Would go back anytime.
"Amazing expierence"
I was amazed by this resort. Had a great time staff was wonderful. Very friendly. Recommend jiko is great food.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
lorema
"Unique hotel"
Wonderful to animal watch from the paths behind the hotel! We enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Mar 1, 2015
"Amazing"
Amazing... Going back in April
2 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
"Great for kids"
We had a great trip. Lots of animals and very family friendly. The rooms are a little packed with two beds and a pack n play
3 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
Jeremy
"Loved the stay (family w 14mo and 4 yr old)"
Loved the hotel. Best highlight was lunch at Sanaa at the windows. Animals were an inch beside us. Pool with waterslide was nice. Rooms were bit outdated and some sticky gum on the floors but regardless the overall concept was very cool. Felt like we were far away in an exotic place in Africa. Food was delish but getting reservations were tough. Got tired of the cafeteria food but at least there were options. Boma and Sanaa was awesome.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
"Great family hotel"
The staff was very friendly and efficient. It was great to see the animals from our room. The grounds and common areas were very nice. The only complain was a tray of old room service food that remained outside our door (wasn't ours) for a full day. All the perks were awesome. It was a great experience.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
Jacquie
"Watch animals while sipping your morning coffee!"
Amazing! Get a view with a deck to see all the animals throughout the day. Like waking up on the Savannah, so incredible.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"Magical!"
For us, this is probably a once in a lifetime splurge. This hotel is everything it should be on a Disney property. Very helpful staff, view of the animals is spectacular and dining was special. Of course - it's pricey, but it's Disney after all. We had a grand time there, our grandkids visited and loved watching the animals and identifying them from our room. We only wished we had planned more time to actually be at the hotel since it has so much to offer.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
Barb
"Animals abound!"
Stayed here for the Disney half marathon. WOW! Loved it. Enjoyed seeing giraffes out my window! Very unique. Will definitely return again.
3 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"Nice stay - BOMA Restaurant lacking."
We loved the hotel save BOMA Restaurant - hours were lacking and seating was miserable even during the off season.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015