All hotels in Topeka, Kansas, United States of America
700 SW Fairlawn Road, Topeka, KS, 66606, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Nice hotel, clean and quiet"
Overall the stay was excellent. As I left I was approached by a man panhandling in the parking lot. If I had not been running late I would have gone inside and reported him to the management. The only hiccup in an otherwise very pleasant stay.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2014
"Great value for the money."
Hotel was clean, quiet. Room very nice; comfortable beds. Bathroom was spotless. Staff friendly and competent. Free breakfast was very good. Area to eat in just a bit small. All in all, a very good bargain for what we paid. Stayed two separate nights: one on the way to Denver and one coming back from Denver. We'll definitely stay at this hotel again when we have to travel to Denver or other points west. Also easy and convenient to get to off the interstate; just a short distance to numerous restaurants, stores, etc.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2014
The Turners
"Good rates, poor ambiance"
Landfill next door, not good. May attract. Critters
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
g
"NOT A HAPPY COUPLE"
I had booked this hotel a few days before we left. We got 30 minutes from the hotel when the front desk called said they were having trouble with my card. We opted to pay cash when we arrived. When the lady learned this she told me that it was going to $100.00 to be able to pay cash, then another $100.00 for my two very small dogs (chiwawa, and yorkie) then because we smoked another $250.00, plus the cost of the room which was 86.96. Its no wonder my card didn't work she was trying to charge me all this money. We told her to keep the room and that I had better not have any charges on my card. The lady was very rude and unprofessional, none of this stuff was on the website of the booking website. We stayed at the Motel 6 across the street, not the best place but they were very nice and didn't charge us for our pets and gave us a king room for the price of a regular room. I will never book with this hotel chain again EVER. After 6 hours on the road we had to go through all this we are not happy at all.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"Extra Fees/Loud Door"
We had a suite which had two beds and a pull-out bed in the couch. They charged us for the 3rd person $10 per night. How many people did they think would stay in a room that had three beds?? We stayed directly above the lobby and didn't get much rest. At first, we thought someone had a bass-heavy vehicle. Found out that it was the sliding door every time somebody came in and out of the lobby from the outside. Didn't get much rest. Breakfast was just okay. Free, I guess... We decided to go somewhere else to eat on the 2nd morning. Pool and spa was very nice clean. Rooms were pretty clean. Normally stay somewhere else but they were booked due to it being race weekend.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
Derek
"Kansas Nationals Race Weekend"
Clean comfortable quiet room, good breakfast, quick check in and out
2 night family trip May 23, 2014
Lloyd
"Not great but not horrible."
Needed a place to stay on our way home to Colorado. This place hit on our needs of a place to sleep. It was not spectacular but it served it's purpose. Room was average. Water pressure in the shower was horrendous. Never tried breakfast because we got up too late. Breakfast was served 6am to 9am. Right off of I-70 with a Phillips 66 gas station directly next door in case you need a fill up or a windshield cleaning. Also no elevator so be prepared to drag or carry your luggage up to the 2nd floor. Request a 1st floor room if possible!
Other trip May 22, 2014
"clean room"
clean room and comfortable pillows. updated decor. the bulldozer that ran until 11:30 PM behind the hotel was annoying, but I assume it was a rare happening. average breakfast. do not book if you can't climb stairs.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
"Two nights in Topeka"
Our room was on the second floor and there was no elevator. Husband carried the heavy stuff, otherwise I would have had to ask for help. Also the reading light by the bed was inadequate. Otherwise, the room was very nice. Had a good-sized refrigerator, microwave, free wifi, hair dryer, ironing board, the works! And the window opened for fresh-air, which I appreciate while sleeping. All in all, a very good place.
Other trip May 19, 2014
mo
It was close to things and we where just passing through. It was clean and decent.
1 night trip Apr 27, 2014
"1 problem"
We had our dog with us so we were limited to where we could stay but it met all of our needs but there was one major problem there is no elevator. They should warn people of that. Thankfully they had a first floor room available so we switched and they were very nice about it.
1 night trip Apr 6, 2014
Bobbi
Very clean and a good value for the cost. Great breakfast.
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
Lyle
"Good Location and Dog Friendly"
We were looking for a hotel need the Interstate 70 freeway that we could stay at with our dogs. This hotel is right off the freeway in a surprisingly quiet location, even though it is on a main street. It is within 2 miles of a lot of restaurants, shopping, a large park and the Topeka zoo. This hotel only charges $10 extra for a small pet, and $15 for a large one, unlike others in the area that charge up to $50. Only a limited number of rooms are pet friendly, so it may be worth checking with the hotel before booking with a pet. The room was comfortable, with a small table and 2 chairs, a refrigerator and microwave. The beds were okay, but not that comfortable. A breakfast was offered but it was pretty limited and we did not partake. There is also a pool that we did not use. The staff was friendly, and since we only stayed 1 night we cannot comment on housekeeping.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
"Nice rooms, reasonable rates"
We had a Clean comfortable room. The continental breakfast was nice. We didn't have a chance to use the pool or hot tub, but it looked fine. Overall a good place to stay.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
Jo
"A very quiet Thanksgiving"
We stayed Thanksgiving night and were impressed with how quiet the hotel was. Our room was spacious and clean. The breakfast was good and the staff was very polite.
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
"Service with attitude"
Hotel was listed as pet friendly with no pet fees. Be aware that there is a pet fee of $25 per pet, which the front desk staff charged without my authorization before I agreed to staying there. In addition, they also tried to downgrade my room. While I was on the phone with Hotels.com, the manager on staff told me I could pay the fees and accept the downgrade or get out. I couldn't believe her attitude. Stay away from this hotel!
1 night trip Nov 27, 2013
"They do have a pet fee!"
The hotel was barely okay. The rooms were semi clean, but there seemed to be floor sweepings or something on the chair in the bedroom area. The heater/AC unit was very noisy, especially at startup. It would wind up like a big turbine or something. I sleep with good earplugs when on the road, but it was not much help with this. Both the wife and I slept very poorly because of that. Also, the door would not shut easily from the outside. You had to kind of bang it against the stop multiple times. I saw another room in the morning with the door caught open in the same way, after the person had left the hotel, so it's apparently an issue with lots of rooms. We checked both online and by calling before checking in and were told there was no pet fee. That is THE reason we made the reservation there. Turns out they got us for $25 for each of our 2 dogs. And we could not get a refund to go somewhere else. So very much a bait and switch place. And Hotels.com needs to change that in the description of the hotel. We will not stay here again.
1 night trip Nov 22, 2013
Very clean and comfortable. Great breakfast.
2 night family trip Nov 15, 2013
"San Antonio bound"
Fresh paint on the walls, 10' high ceilings, but very thin. We could hear the guy upstairs walking around. The web was a wrong assumption of a pet fee. Was informed that it was a $50 fee, not free --No price was listed.
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2013
Jewelrylady515
Very nice! We enjoyed the hot tub.
1 night trip Nov 4, 2013
Booked through Expedia. $54 a night so great value for a very nice room.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
linda
Room was clean and beds were okay. Location was easily accessed. Housekeeping after a nights stay left a lot to be desired. They never showed up.
2 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"Needed a suite and indoor pool"
There was room to visit comfortably in our room and at the pool which was clean and nice.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
Could not move a muscle without the mattress making a loud noise. We were undressed by the time we discovered the problem and we did not arrive until around midnight, so we did not want to move rooms not knowing if all the beds were like this. Most miserable stay ever, would not stay at a best western again.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Clean, convenient & friendly staff."
Great stay, nice clean pool for the kid, hot tub for me & pet friendly. The room was clean & updated, nice big tv, comfy bed. There was a nice sidewalk around the hotel for walking the dog & an awesome park less than 5 minutes away for a long walk & run. Very friendly staff. I'd stay again.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
Carmen
Ok place, family from out of town. Nice pool, no places in walking distance to eat.
6 night family trip Aug 2, 2013
"Nice hotel for last minute stay"
Our stay was nice. We had no problems or issues beside the breakfast. The staff wasn't really on top of replenishing the food in a timely manner. My husband made a comment that they should have made enough food for the amount of occupants they had. They may have done so, but it didn't seem like it for as long as it took to refill the food. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if this one lady who had 5 kids didn't drop 2 big plates of eggs which basically led to there being nothing left.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
"Central Zone Swim Meet, Topeka, KS"
Staff were pleasant and helpful. Rooms were clean.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
Swim Dad
"Decent Stay in Topeka, KS"
This place was neither the best place nor the worst place we've ever stayed. It was clean and fairly quiet; however, my parents were in a room at the end of the hall on the first level, and the foot traffic going up and down the stairs was very noticeable. There are no elevators in this facility. I thought the bed was fine, but the rest of my family complained that the beds were hard. The staff was OK, but didn't go out of their way to be helpful--one had to ask for help. Upon check-in, they had a very difficult time finding our reservation through Expedia, then getting the info into their own computer and assigning us a room; so check-in was slower than normal given the fact reservations had been made. The breakfast was fairly good, especially for a smaller hotel--there were scrambled eggs, hot sausage, biscuits/gravy, waffles, 3 selections of cereal, regular yogurt, and several different pastry/bread items to select from; fresh fruit was missing.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
Lois
"quick overnight on the road"
very satisfactory
1 night trip Jun 3, 2013
"easy access to I70"
hotel was easy on and off I70 and was 5 minutes from conference I was attending. clean room, breakfast fair, staff friendly.
Other trip May 23, 2013
"Clean and safe"
Clean and located near great restaurants. Located in safe neighborhood.
Other trip Apr 7, 2013
Cat
"nice place"
easy access to 70 but not much else in the area. the hotel itself is very clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Mar 31, 2013
"Pass it by,"
While the staff was very friendly and the room was large, there was no elevator up to the 2nd floor. We did not enjoy hauling all our bags up the stairs. If we had known that all the restaurants and equivalent hotels were just one more exit farther west, we never would have booked this place. The breakfast area was dark. The clientele the night of our stay were mostly construction crews.
1 night business trip Mar 17, 2013
SB
"nice hotel"
this was a very nice hotel to stay at. For the price..very friendly staff. And nice clean rooms! I will be booking here again in the future.
1 night business trip Feb 1, 2013
Terri
"Skip it."
I checked in at midnight and was given a key to a room that was already occupied. Then I had to wait for them to bring up new keys. Then the new room smelled like smoke. I could tell they were doing construction on the hotel when I checked in as it was in pretty bad shape. Then the construction workers started pulling up carpet and pulling off wallpaper right outside my door at 8am. I called the front desk and they said that the noise would continue all day and they did not even offer to move me to a new room. When I asked to move, they said I would have to come downstairs and get new keys and then move all my stuff to the new room. I was in my pajamas and merely wanted a quiet room to sleep in for another hour. Very badly managed hotel. Skip this place.
1 night family trip Jan 30, 2013
VeganEphipany
"Quick stay in Topeka"
Clean enough. Nothing super impressive. Nice hot breakfast and wireless Internet.
Other trip Jan 17, 2013
"Topeka, KS stay"
Hotel is well maintained, clean, and has a good breakfast. Our only complaint was we stayed on the first floor and if people are in the room above you, you can hear every foot step, everything drop on the floor. Bottom Line: wasn't a quiet hotel from the noise of other occupants.
Other trip Jan 7, 2013
"Fell Short"
The room was good except for a broken towel shelf and lack of water pressure. The breakfast was not well monitored and guests had to wait for hot items. Also, the breakfast only lasted until 9 am. When checking out at 9:15 I asked for some coffee and the front desk said "No, we don't have any more." Not I'm sorry or anything.
Other trip Dec 31, 2012
Maki
"clean and comfortable"
Hotel was clean and easy to find. Breakfeast buffet was high priced . Overall the room was clean and comfortable.
Other trip Dec 29, 2012
I thought the accommodations were adquate for our needs. The location off the freeway was excellent and the room was clean,. Staff was helpful with our quesations on the local fair for dining. All in all an ok experience
1 night trip Nov 28, 2012
Gene and Barb
"Close to our sons house"
It was fine they are just over priced
2 night trip Nov 9, 2012
"Average Stay"
Beds are extremely hard. Average experience. Rooms were clean. Breakfast ok.
1 night business trip Oct 25, 2012
"Stop on the way to some place"
Fine
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2012
"Clean & Comforatable"
Our room was clean & comfortable. Only complaint, we booked a king bed and received a queen. We were too tired to move to another room.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2012
Ron
"Best Service"
I just have to say that this hotel had the absolute best service of any hotel we have stayed in and we travel a lot! Very friendly and very helpful!
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2012

"Good property...good experience"
We enjoyed our stay at BW Topeka. The hotel is in a good location. Its quiet and comfortable.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014