All hotels in Ames, Iowa, United States of America
2600 Se 16th St, Ames, IA, 50010, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

"No frills but quiet and clean."
I have paid more for other hotels and not gotten a lot more than I got here. Clean, everything worked. I wished it had a more comfortable chair and a bit more room, but as I say the price is right. Got a pool and microwave and fridge in the room if that is important to you. Basic breakfast. All was OK.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
Quilter
run down hotel. non-smokers don't get the best rooms.
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
Hotel served our needs. Was not happy that I had to pay $167 for our room and a friend booked the same type of room that night and paid $119. This is not right.....
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Bed bugs!!!"
Polite receptionist, nice location, but housekeeping was a mess. We stayed in R204 with 2 beds and the bedding for 1 of the beds was never changed. When we requested for it to be changed, housekeeper told us they only changed bedding for the 2nd bed after 1week. Meaning it was probably not changed before our stay and will not be changed after our stay until 1 week from the time they had changed it elapsed. Worst of it all was there were bugs on both beds and we are now suffering from rashes resulting from bed bug bites at this hotel.
2 night trip with friends Sep 21, 2014
Missy
"Great for the Price"
Had everything we needed, pet friendly, close the highway, free WiFi, free breakfast, for less than $80. Wasn't anything special, but it worked just fine.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Nice Room, bad plumbing"
I'm sure that the drain in the bathtub didn't clog up the day I arrived. I contacted the desk about the problem and the lady said she came to my room but the DND sign was up so she didn't come in to check it out. I was disappointed that the lady didn't return or have the motel maintenance go and check it later in the day. There is nothing like taking a shower in 3 inches of water in the tub. Very unsat!!!!! Also, most of the time at least the towels are replaced on a daily basis in most hotels. The TV cable also went out so I didn't have service one evening for about 4 hrs.
2 night business trip Sep 2, 2014
It was good. The transport is not so convenient if you don't have your own car. The reception was very helpful and friendly. Thanks
2 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Hendry
"Away from dorm"
The beds and breakfast were great. The room really was not that clean. We found trash by phone stand and under the bed. Old napkins and dirty paper plates. I was not really happy with it.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Brenda Griffiths
Had some problems most likely attributed to short staffed. Management satisfactory made it up to me.
2 night trip Aug 16, 2014
There was no WiFi. VERY inconvenient!
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"good hotel for the money"
Room was clean, plenty of towels. Breakfast was ok. Very courteous staff.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Check under the bed! Dirty."
Room was kind of dingy. Checked under the bed....bottles caps and paper. No one cleans under the beds.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Charlie
"convient location"
The room was nice, but had a funny smell upon entering. Located in a convent location next to several other hotels. The road wasp a bit noisy.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"ok"
ok-would stay again
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
bob
"Don't go in the water..."
Seriously the pool is disgusting. If you only need a place to sleep and leave again in the morning, this may be the spot for you. If you are looking for a place to relax and hang out in the pool with the kids, keep looking. We were in town for the state fair and wanted to play with our three kids in the pool for awhile. Gross. The pool looks as if it hasn't been cleaned in some time and the water feels as though it sticks to you. Breakfast was only mediocre.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
Disgusted Mommy
"nice stay"
This is a very clean motel. No frills but great for the money. The early morning staff at the front desk is not as helpful and the afternoon or evening staff.
6 night business trip Jul 31, 2014
Jane
"Comfortable, but needs some improvement."
Bathroom had no hook for hanging clothes while showering and no towel racks for hanging towels.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Clean and comfortable one night stay"
Room was clean and comfortable with new carpeting.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2014
The pool water felt gross for some reason. Also, the waffle maker stuck each time anyone would make a waffle so that was frustrating.
2 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
Tosha
"Good hotel location, cleanliness of rooms"
It was clean and comfortable. The breakfast maybe could have had more selection, Only one kind of muffin, one kind of donut and only bananas on Sat, no fruit on Sun.
2 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2014
Jeanne
"Musty rooms"
To begin with, my room was terribly musty smelling (even with the air conditioning on all day). And, even though we were there for three nights, never once did house keeping come to clean our room, replace our towels, or take our trash.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
L
"2 day stay, 2 people"
Pretty good for the price. The Breakfeast is decent, and the workers were nice. They made the bed and changed the towels when we were gone. I was scared that their wasn't a bathroom because there was no pictures of one but their is one. There is no mini fridge or microwave in the room
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Over all our stay was good. The room had a weird smell as we walked in but went away. The pillows were a little flat but the mattress was comfortable.
3 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Stacey
We were overall very satisfied, the room was clean and comfortable. The only thing that could have been better for me was the breakfast. There were not too many choices.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Attila
"Two Night"
The place was clean and is what it is, a place to sleep, I would stay here again.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
Tony
"A good deal in Ames"
This place has had a little updating and the owners and staff seem to work very hard. This is a decent deal in a very expensive town. Nothing fancy, but a good place to sleep and get on the road.
2 night trip Jun 3, 2014
Cyclone fan
"Great service, great price"
I was very pleased with my stay here, and surprised by all they had to offer! There's a pool and sauna, plenty of ice and vending machines, and the breakfast had biscuits and sausage as well as waffles. The staff was very friendly, bringing up whatever I needed to my room. My only negative: I had to pay $10 for a roll away bed that couldn't even open in my room...I ended up taking the mattress of the frame and laying it on the floor. I'll bring a sleeping bag next time.
1 night business trip May 22, 2014
"Good room for the price"
We just needed a no frills hotel and this was great for the price.
Other trip May 18, 2014
"In town for daughter's graduation"
Right from the beginning I was apprehensive about the condition of the hotel. It seemed run down and slightly untidy. This was somewhat of a working vacation and I was unable to connect to wifi using any of my apple devices. Though the front desk staff connected me with an IT service, it was to no avail. When I finally connected using my windows laptop, the connection was slow and easily disconnected my vpn link. Bed - uncomfortable Pillows - horrible Carpeting - throughout the room, hallways and stairs - filthy Saving grace - bathroom was clean Tried to get an ironing board and iron. Got the iron but no board till the following day. First iron did not work. Check out time - the clerk accidentally gave me a copy of the receipt and I saw that by booking thru expedia I paid $75.00 more than what I would have been charged had I booked directly with the hotel. I paid $382 - bill she started to hand me was for $307. I questioned that and she quickly took the bill back and said, "you shouldn't have even seen that" No kidding, talk about rubbing salt in the wound. After not sleeping well, this was like a huge slap in the face.
Other trip May 15, 2014
"Loud when busy"
Hotel was fine and overall a good value, but not the best place to stay during freshman move out week when they were basically full. Walls & doors were thin, noise from the hallway, other rooms, and even outside was a problem. I would stay there again during a less busy week
1 night trip May 8, 2014
Room 227 the air conditioning didn't work. Made for a sleepless night. Otherwise have stayed here multiple times and will continue to do so.
1 night business trip Apr 12, 2014
"Winona travelers"
We had a very nice room, clean and comfortable. We would stay there again. Breakfast was small but OK.
1 night trip Apr 9, 2014
We arrived late and left early. There was someone at the desk when we arrived and the room was clean and quiet.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
"Good stay"
I would have liked better pillows, but other than that good stay
2 night trip Apr 3, 2014
Deb
"Stereo typed by employee"
Stay was great as always, that's why we keep coming back. What I didn't like was owner/manager or who ever he was asking us at breakfast that morning, if my friend and I were part of a disturbance early that morning. We wasn't not stay on same floor, let alone knew what had happened. I think we will stay else were next time, lots of other options in area. I think this gentleman needs a little customer service training.
2 night business trip Feb 14, 2014
Todd
Needed to make a few changes and they were very acomidating.Clean & pleasant stay
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
"No sleeping in"
Room was clean - very nice in fact. Everything else, not so much. It started with the person at the front desk coughing over everything. Next the pool was down because someone got sick in it. That was Friday afternoon we were told this and it was not able to be used all weekend. They did not have anyone come and clean it - it wasn't even drained all weekend. Next, we were staying 2 nights and housekeeping knocked on the door the first day of the stay at 0825. At every other hotel I have stayed at, the repeat stay rooms are done after all of the discharge rooms. Not so here - definately make sure to put out the "do not disturb sign". The Sunday we were to leave, my husband was in the breakfast area where he seen 2 housekeepers fill up plates of food stating "boy am I hungry today". Needless to say he had a slice of toast and coffee because nothing else was available, not even the banana I requested.
Other trip Jan 27, 2014
Scott-n-Darla
"pet friendly"
It was very quiet and clean. I didn't go down for the breakfast but my husband did. He had to feed it to the dog because it was too stale.
2 night trip Jan 3, 2014
"Excellent compared to other options in Ames!"
Stayed here while traveling over Christmas. Both rooms were great. Breakfast was good nothing spectacular but it did the job. Staff was friendly even at 1 am. Compared to Super 8 in Ames the Econolodge is a 5 star hotel. Pay the extra $5 and get a quality hotel. Would stay again and have already recommended to others!
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
ej
"Iowa State"
Mostly Good. The room was clean and had no odor to it. Yhe beds were comfortable and large enough. The shower did not work very well and the water pressure was a bit low. Overall I would say a good value for the amount paid !!
1 night trip Dec 20, 2013
Dale K
There was a mi\x up the first night & we had a smoking room. The hotel was full so we couldn't change but the smoking room really didn't smell that strongly at all and we were ok with it the one night. We were able to get a nonsmoking room the second night and it was very nice. The carpeting and bathrooms are old but it is clean and smells clean.
1 night trip Nov 22, 2013
K. M.
"Easy to get to"
Easy arrival and check-in. The hotel room is basic but it was just fine for two people. The breakfast was just very simple, the only warm items were gravy or waffle, it's otherwise muffins or bread.
1 night trip Nov 14, 2013
clean room, friendly and helpful staff but lousy internet service
1 night trip Nov 15, 2013
A good place to get a nights sleep. Good value
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
"Avoid this place if you can!"
This hotel needs a major update. Carpets are raveled and dirty. Pillows are half the size. Bathroom was clean but rest of room was old and dirty. Refrigerator was ancient and very loud at night. Would be nice if updated and kept clean. Good location.
1 night trip Oct 24, 2013
"Good price for an OK hotel"
I was looking for an inexpensive hotel that was clean, had a decent breakfast and was near where I needed to be the following morning. The price of the room was good. The hotel was fairly clean in the lobby area, the breakfast area and the hallways. This hotel also had a pool. However, two doors down from me had multiple holes (punch marks) where someone tried to punch or kick through the door near the door locks. There was also a hole on the inside of the bathroom door of my room where it looked like there was a security eye-hole. Also, there was paint drops on the bathroom walls where there should not have been. It would have taken almost no time to touch up the paint or wipe it off to make it look so much better. The breakfast was similar to other hotels. I was glad they had make your own waffles and was surprised they had biscuits and gravy. I tried the gravy and it looked good but was mediocre at best. There are multiple other hotels on this street which I will try the next time I am in Ames.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
T
"Cheap hotel easy to access but that's about it"
The hotel is non smoking however it smells like that is a recent change. Everything was clean but the place looked run down. Breakfast was a joke but free.
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2013
The maids were very helpful and provided us with our needs.
2 night trip with friends Oct 12, 2013
William R
"Basic room - but there was a smell of some sort -"
The room was like any other but there was a smell like a chemical or like someone had had an accident ???? Otherwise was OK -
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
"Satisfied"
This motel is not fancy, but very comfortable for one night at a good price. Staff was very accomodating in giving us a ground floor room away from the highway, and they were very friendly. Breakfast was satisfactory. We did not use the pool so no opinion about that. Room temp easy to regulate.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013