All hotels in Rome, Italy

Clean
    Great amenities
    Delicious food
"GREAT BUT..."
Great location, great hotel, but some of the front staff are very cold and unfriendly. We noticed that other tourists felt the same way. Also, breakfast is disorganized and can be unpleasant.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
An excellent hotel, centrally located a short walk from restaurants in Trastevere. The rooms are pacious rooms with well equipped bathrooms. Breakfast is very good. The only thing it lacks is a gym and sauna.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Nice hotel with a good location."
The hotel was centrally located near many shops and restaurants. Also we could walk to some of the points of interest in the city. We had a great vacation and would stay at Ponte Sisto hotel again. Also the included breakfast was very good.
Lovely hotel with an awesome breakfast buffet. Great location in the heart of the city and within walking distance to all of the sights. The only down side was the room did get a little warm during the evenings making it uncomfortable sleeping.
3 night trip Jul 26, 2014
"Perfect Location"
We picked this hotel for it's location close to Trastevere, Piazza Navona, and the Pantheon, my favorite places in all of Rome. Plus it's practically on the river. It's easy to get lost walking around in Rome, but all you have to do is follow the river to get back to the hotel. Top notch facility with helpful, friendly concierge service, which is just what my high-maintenance husband needed. We don't "rough it" and we certainly did not here.
2 night family trip Jul 9, 2014
"Courtyard is the star here"
My room was tiny, and the bed was not comfortable, but overall the hotel is fine for a night or 2. The courtyard is delightful and the best feature of the hotel as is the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. The look of the hotel is very dated (like from the 1970s) but it is clean. The breakfast was great - everything all very fresh and delicious.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
JH
A real oasis in hot muggy Rome. Superb breakfast. I will be back.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
"Great Location - very helpful staff"
While some folks commented on the street noise, we were on the street side and slept great with the windows closed. We are however very sound sleepers. The rooms are small which seems to be pretty typical for Italy. If you can afford the triple room they are quite huge with large balconies. Very friendly staff and a great breakfast selection.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
c
"Enjoyable stay!"
Good central location. Walking distance to several piazzas, Vatican, and many other sites. Great gelato place across the street.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"Great place near campo di fiori"
Hotel is really nice. Larger than many european hotels. It was summer so the courtyard was open for breakfast and it was very large. Mohammad helped us with our luggage and he was very helpful and wanted to make sure we were happy with our accommodations. Surrounding area to get to sites are all cobblestone streets so if you are comfortable with walking you will have no problem
3 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Michele
"Great hotel close to so many historic sites"
Very nice clean and friendly hotel , great breakfast, even had scrambled eggs and Bacon! Hotel very central to so Many historic sites, travestre, collesium, villa Santa Maria , Panthion, Circus Maximus,and many more, we walked to all of these great sites in one day! Hotel is up tp date, centrally located and staff is most accommodating , would definitely return!! ciao!! Great value for price.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
stevie
"Very clean,modern updates,"
Hotel was very clean,room was very comfy,location was close to most sites and the staff was great.
2 night family trip Jun 10, 2014
Chas Lamonge
"Wonderful stay!"
I had a simply wonderful stay at this hotel. The location is great. Only a 10-15 minute walk to piazza navona and surrounding sites and about 20 to the Vatican. The staff was very kind and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast is typical for the Italians don't expect an "American" breakfast. I would absolutely stay here again.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2014
Alyssa
"Great in every way"
Fantastic location! The rooms were lovely, the staff friendly, attentive and helpful and the breakfast was beautiful. There is a lovely courtyard to sit in or a roof courtyard that is lovely. This is where I will stay when I return to Rome.
1 night trip Jun 2, 2014
Deb
"Fantastic service"
Great people, very helpful arranging tours, guiding us to ATMs, helping us navigate train schedules.... Fabulous breakfasts. Worth every penny!
4 night business trip May 31, 2014
Janet
Superb location. All of Rome in walking distance....
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
"good find"
The quality of the hotel overshadows the location
1 night trip May 22, 2014
sam
Fantastic hotel! The courtyard was probably the highlight of our entire trip to Italy. The location is just across the river from Travestre, but the immediate area is a little light on entertainment (shopping, restaurants). However, a great shopping street is only about three blocks away and the Campo di Fiori is just a few steps further. Grocery store about 10 steps away - we bought some picnic items and a good bottle of Proscecco and had a great dinner in the courtyard on our last night in Rome. The rooms are huge and the bathroom was larger than my bathroom at home.
1 night family trip May 25, 2014
Dana Michaels
Operational sound of elevator is highly disturbing..
Other trip May 21, 2014
"Convenient stimulating location"
We were very satisfied with our three day stay at the Hotel Ponte Sisto, especially from the standpoint of its central location adjacent to the Tiber and the many restaurants and shops in the Trastevere section of Rome. The hotel offered many amenities and its services were first-rate; especially its delicious and varied breakfasts.
3 night trip with friends May 15, 2014
The Marchiones
"good quality hotel close to sites"
very satisfactory
2 night trip May 4, 2014
For the first - I hat not expeted that we every morning (9.15am) must stay to wait for seats for breakfast. All Eggs was overboilded. For the second - A small pack of peanuts from minibar, 5 euro, WHAT, But else overall: nice staff Michael & Irene, Denmark (16-20/4-2014
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
"Average"
Average, good breakfast but needed to queu. One of the guys at the lobby was very rude
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
jp
"Very nice place to stay"
Hotel Ponte Sisto is in a terrific location by, you guessed it, the Ponte Sisto! Very nice building. The courtyard is wonderful at almost any time of day or evening. Breakfasts were just wonderful. Staff, helpful and knowledgeable. Oh, and it's in Rome! What a great place, both the hotel and the city. I found I could walk easily to the Campo de Fiori, even the Piazza Navona. As far as Trastevere, I found myself over there often, especially for dinner. I liked the Hotel Ponte Sisto very much.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
A traveller
"Great hotel in the heart of Rome's historic center"
This was my third time at the Ponte Sisto and when in Rome I will continue to stay at this hotel. Can't ask for a better location. You can walk to all the sights and it is close to great restaurants and the fabulous neighborhood of Trastevere just over the bridge. The staff at the reception desk could be friendlier. But I really don't care. I know the city well and can fend on my own. Have referred the hotel to friends and they were all as pleased.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Room was small but comfortable, and clean. A gelato cafe, bar, and grocery are just a minute away from the hotel. The location was also great for shopping and offered plenty dining options. The front desk staff spoke fluent English, and assisted with any arrangements needed ( Such as car rental), and directions with maps. The closest metro terminal is about a 20 minute walk, which we didn't mind. There is a bus station within 5-10 minutes( purchase tickets at the tobacco store). I would recommend the hotel to those who want to be centrally located but not be in an overly crowded area. The hotel neighborhood was much nicer than the terminal or Trevi fountain area.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
julie
"Quiet and in the middle of everything, too!"
This is my second time at the Ponte Sisto. I love it because once I arrive from the airport, I never have to get into a car as everything is within walking distance. I love crossing the Ponte Sisto and walking through Testevere, visiting the Botanical Gardens and stumbling upon great restaurants. Easing walking to the Spanish Steps and the Vatican. Great restaurants and even a small grocery store a few steps from the hotel. The hotel itself offers all amenities I need while in Rome. Nice reception area and garden and bar to meet with friends before or after going out. Breakfast for all tastes. Windows that open! A bathtub! Very clean. Great staff.
6 night business trip Mar 19, 2014
ssk
"Fantastic location, yet quiet and modern room"
Helpful staff. Lovely clean and modern room. Located within walking distance of all the must see sights in Rome. Wifi was reliable. Breakfast was of a high standard. Totally recommend this hotel, would stay here again.
4 night romance trip Feb 12, 2014
"Boutique hotel in perfect location for strolling"
We chose this hotel because of a special deal on Expedia and could not have been happier. The hotel is in a charming historic building, but the rooms and bathrooms are large, tastefully decorated, and modern. The breakfast buffet was generous, varied, and delicious. From the hotel we walked everywhere we wanted to go: Trastevere, Roman Forum, Piazza Novona, the Vatican, etc. We felt very lucky to have stumbled across this deal.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
Really enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Ponte Sisto, the staff are very friendly and helpful, the location is excellent as after a couple of minutes walk you are in Trastevere, Campo de Fiori, Piazza Navonna, Pantheon, the room we have overlooked the garden area, it was quiet, clean and had plenty of room. There is free wi-fi provided. Breakfast was more than adequate. Would not hesitate to stay here again.
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
"OK........ But not worth the normal price"
It was an OK hotel, but I am glad we got a discount. Generally clean, the only thing was I thought they could use new pillows. Mine was as hard as a rock. Breakfast room was always crowded and the waitstaff was not helpful...
3 night family trip Jan 24, 2014
"Wonderful location"
We were a group of four, enjoying Christmas in Rome. Hotel was ideally located to most sights and walking distance to exceptional restaurants. Hotel staff were always pleasant, courteous and very helpful. Rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet after long hours of sightseeing and crowded venues. Breakfast was a favorite ritual. Fresh pastries, cereals, fruits and numerous other selections. Would not hesitate to book in the future. Just wonderful!
7 night trip Dec 19, 2013
"Beautiful hotel."
Lovely breakfast, beautiful hotel close to the river, helpful staff.
Other trip Dec 7, 2013
"Great location, great hotel"
Ponte Sisto's location is just perfect, near Campio Di Fiori and just across the bridge from Trastevere. On our first day, there was no water but it was, apparently, a problem in the area, so no fault there. Breakfast is lovely, the room smallish, bathroom is roomy and nice and staff are helpful. Waiting to stay there again!
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
dana
"nice cozy, quiet hotel ( we were in Nov)"
Good breakfast and clean and big bath. the staff was helpful, yet still sometimes "not fully attending" and had to remind. The card key was not working promptly and so many times had to try to get the door open. The location was perfect for us that we liked in close area of Campo de Flori, Ghetto, and Trastevere mainly, but could walk to Forum, Vatican in 30-40 minutes while exploring the town.
Other trip Nov 27, 2013
toshi
overall ok
Other trip Nov 13, 2013
"Great location!"
The location was outstanding, close to a fun market and easy taxi access. Breakfast was very good and the hotel was clean and comfortable, although the bed was a bit hard. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.
Other trip Nov 1, 2013
Hannes
Comfortable hotel...good breakfast, hot shower, decent bed. The staff was helpful, especially when we needed to check-in for our flights home. Loved the location. The Vatican was an easy 30 minute walk. Same thing for the Coliseum. Campo di Fiore was less than ten minutes. Also, across the bridge is a wonderful area called Travestre (spelling???) where we found excellent street-side restaraunts, plus much more. We always felt safe walking, even late at night.
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
"Great Location, Very Quiet"
We only stayed one-night, but next time we will stay more. The hotel is in the perfect spot - near Piazza Navano, Piazzz Fiori, The Pantheon, and Trastevere (our favorite places to hang out n Rome). If this is your first time in Rome, it is a bit longer of a walk if you want to be right in the heart of the all the sights, but still worth it b/c of the surrounding neighborhood. If you've been to Rome before and wanted a cool place to stay near everything but not sooooo touristy, this is a great choice! Good sized rooms, and good service for the limited time we were there (Great gelato place right across the street!)
1 night trip Oct 15, 2013
"handy location,smallish room but well appointed"
met expectation for rome hotel ,ie everthing is on small side.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
Loved it, great location.
2 night trip Oct 6, 2013
jackie
"Nice hotel centrally located"
Spent 6 nights and enjoyed the hotel and amenities as well as its proximity to several attractions.
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
"Well located"
Nice Hotel close to many touristic attractions. Breakfast was excellent! Only two things I didn't like: 1. hard mattress and 2. shower box that offered no protection from flooding the bathroom.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
Regina
"Great hotel close to Trastevere area and Tiber."
Very nice hotel by the Tiber River and Trastavere area. This was the last night of our trip before our flight out of Rome and we wanted to see some last sights in the Trastavere area. Very high service level and clean and comfortable accomodations. There was quite a bit of street noise well into the night, but we closed our balcony doors and ran the air conditioning. This area is very active at night and if you walk accross the bridge you get a great view of the Tiber. Breakfast was included and was served in the garden area. Very nice. We wandered the Trastavere area after seeing some sights and stumbled upon Grazia and Gratziella for an early dinner. The food was fantastic and there seemed to be many locals there and the food was unique compared to other restaurants we ate at in Rome.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
"Exceeded Expectaions"
I have stayed at the Hilton in Rome on 4 different times. My last trip to Roma was on a tighter budget and I found this hotel. This is where I will stay in the future, regardless of budget. Great location, great service!
1 night trip Sep 6, 2013
Bobby
"Wonderful Stay"
Beautiful boutique hotel. Very helpful staff. Rooms had everything you could want.
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
"Great location just outside most Rome attractions"
This hotel was perfect for my husband and I - it was just outside of most of the hustle/bustle of the attractions and main streets of Rome, but walking distance to anything you'd like to do! There is a cute square just a few blocks from the hotel that has lots of restaurants, and during the day it is home to local vendors - great for souvenirs! The hotel is very clean, the rooms look recently updated, and the breakfast buffet area is very nice (if it's not raining then the breakfast is technically in a little outside area - very quiet and pretty!) Though be warned -- the night life of Rome is not lost to this area, so expect to hear some loud noises from the partiers in the early hours!
2 night romance trip Sep 7, 2013
Alicia
"Close to everything!"
The location of this hotel was perfect-you could walk to almost everything. The hotel staff was helpful with recommendations, directions, and calling cabs quickly. After reading reviews, the room was bigger than we expected and very clean. Served our purposes perfectly! There's a lovely outdoor courtyard downstairs and a terrace on the fifth floor which were enjoyable as well.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
"Rude Romans"
Nice hotel to stay in Rome, but Hotel staff was quite rude. I had booked a double room for myself and my 2 small children. They forced me to get a room with an extra bed, which we didn't even use because my kids are small and slept with me. I didn't care so much about the extra 50 euros per night, but they were so very rude about it. The breakfast was wonderful, except again, for the rudeness! Not a single staff member offered to seat us (which I subsequently saw them do to incoming guests). I had to figure out where coffee, milk was, etc. I started to get the feeling that I was not as valued as other guests because I was a single woman travelling alone with 2 small children. I even offered good morning greetings (in Italian, as I am fluent), and was simply stared at. Very strange! And be warned about the location! It might be "close" to everything, but the street was dark and had plenty of riff raff begging for money right outside
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
"Comfortable hotel in the middle of everything"
We enjoyed our stay at the Ponte Sisto very much! The location is ideal--we were able to walk to all of Rome's major attractions and it is right next to a gelato shop and a grocery store. The front desk staff recommended a restaurant our first night there and it was one of our favorite meals of the trip! Would highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Aug 30, 2013