All hotels in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Lots to do around this location. Many good restaurants, but parking is soooo expensive. The $25 per day fee was bad enough, but then we found out it was plus $6.50 tax! $31.50 parking fee per night is ridiculous! Hotel room was clean and very spacious - like an apartment. However, the woodwork was really scratched up, making it feel very old and used. Staff was nice and helpful.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Gail
"Good for the price"
We rented the smallest room available. I was surprised at how well equipped the room was. Stove, dishes, microwave, cooking and eating utensils, small refrigerator, ironing board with iron, hair dryer, even two sets of earplugs in case your partner snores. A relatively great value in a very expensive city.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
tdfuture
"main shopping"
Got off cruise ship at 9 AM. They would not let me check-in that early. Kept my bags for me though while I went out. Street side suite. Very noisy all night. Phone in living room---not by the bed.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
Roy
"kitchen and bath shabby and beaten up"
fix it up dudes.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
tc
This hotel was amazing. It provides a convenient location, and a good view from 10th floor. Next time I'd like to use it too.
Response by Riviera on Robson Suites Hotel Downtown Vancouver
Thank you for commenting on your latest stay experience and providing us with your feedback. Your recommendation of our great location and view is much appreciated and we are glad you enjoyed yourself.
2 night trip with friends Aug 25, 2014
"Old, Small space, Expensive, Smelly, Just Horrible"
Hotel looks that is from a scary movie. the whole hotel smells bad, old furniture, old doors, etc. needs a remodel. the only positive thing was the location. would not recommend this hotel.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
adrian
"Spacious"
Rooms need a face lift, but they are roomy, clean, and convenient. Kitchen (including a stove) and full sized fridge were a great bonus.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Fantastic location"
Great location. Stayed for two nights before a cruise and it was perfect! Not super fancy - pretty plain but for the $ and the location it was invaluable. As a family with 2 kids, the suite set up was great. Gave the parents some space and the kids the ability to wake a bit early without waking us!
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
B
"Great low frills choice"
My family stayed in a suite with a harbor view during a week vacation. The rooms were comfortable and clean, the staff answered questions when needed, the location was great. We dislike large fancy hotels where we feel we pay extra for things we don't like or need, so we thought the Riviera was perfect in its lower-frills accommodations. Would definitely stay there again.
7 night trip Aug 10, 2014
"The hotel is at a very convenient location."
The hotel staff were very friendly. I just wish the hotel provided complementary breakfast, instead of guests having to go out. Secondly, the window screen in my room was not good, there were gaps, and at night there was light streaming in on my bed from the next building, which was not a good experience for me.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
carl
"Perfect for what we were looking for"
Family of 4 on an overnight to Vancouver, this hotel was perfect for us. Room was spacious and kitchenette was an added treat. Close to interesting sites and great restaurants and shopping.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
Marc R.
"Hotel in badly need of renovation and update"
Other than the great location and helpful staff there aren't any good things I can say about this hotel. The hotel went though some renovation that ended in June, but it's unclear what was updated. Smelly corridors, super dated kitchen that basically falls apart, super tiny bath with some mold between tiles. Dated furniture and appliances. Kitchen is barely equipped. For the price and the promise that the hotel was updated, we expected a lot more. Will not return... ever!
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Family of 5
"Good location, Comfortable, Helpful Staff"
This hotel was overall good and the staff was helpful. The hotel is aging and needs some upgrades, but overall it was a good place to stay.
1 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2014
overpriced parking, and inexperienced employees. room was fine but the furniture was old and our phone didnt work. I would probably never go back again.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
It was a nice oldr hotel. The price was vefy good. Near Stanlyey Park and quite a few interesting restaurants. The common areas were a little shabby.
2 night trip Jun 16, 2014
D
"Be very careful before you book this hotel"
Rooms at the front and on lower floors are VERY noisy. If you cannot guarantee a room at the back of the hotel and on floors 6-11, look elsewhere. The shabbiness of this place is ridiculous for rooms costing over $200. We had our worst ever hotel experience in room 304. 1. All rooms have flimsy vertical blinds. Our room was missing a slat right by the hotel's neon sign which glared into the room. The staff tried to stick on a slat with duct tape but that didn’t work so I had to get up at 2 am to get tape and stick a sheet over the window. 2. All windows are single glazed so the noise from busy Robson Street is LOUD. 2. All rooms have a window-mount A/C unit. The vertical blinds are stapled above the unit so light streams into the room from the gap below the blinds. 4. The TV remote control didn’t work and the front desk clerk couldn’t fix it. 5. All rooms have balconies, so be prepared to hear every word if your downstairs neighbor decides to use theirs. There is no sound-proofing. On the 2nd night we moved to a 4th-floor room at the back of the hotel which was better. However, the toilet leaked so that the tank filled every 10 minutes. I had to turn off the refill faucet overnight. This hotel does have two things going for it: the location, and the staff. If you want your room to be a refuge after a full day enjoying Vancouver, stay elsewhere. If location is all you care about it, so you can put up with the rest, then the Riviera is OK.
2 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
richard
"Gem off the beaten path"
The price was great for this room it was HUGE with a full kitchen! I wish I had stayed longer there!
1 night business trip Jun 9, 2014
Danny-J
"In the heart of it all!"
The layout of the hotel was very good. the view from the sitting area was also very nice. The one drawback, was that the facility is not updated.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Benie
"Convenient"
The Wifi connection was poor and the water pressure in the shower was weak. HOWEVER the location was convenient. Close to liquor stores, a grocery store, restaurants, coffee shops, bars and clubs. A cab ride from downtown is less than $8 or it takes about 20-25 minutes to walk. For the price, I thought that the hotel itself would have been "nicer" cosmetically and more updated (kitchen specifically). Even though it was not updated, it was spacious and the usability was excellent. I didn't prefer the kitchen pots and pans. I recommend bring your own if you can. Also, I would recommend this hotel for large groups. Beds sleep 4 and there is plenty of room for an air mattress or two. Extra cost per person is not bad.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
Breanna
A good value hotel. Staff is nice, location is good walking distance from the key places.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
"Good Location, Friendly Staff"
The most important thing about this hotel is that all the important stuff was there - good hot water, drains all worked, kitchenette is fine, WiFi worked well, they have 24 hr desk, etc. But the hotel is "rough around the edges". The remodel that is touted in the summary is actually just a facelift, and it's starting to show wear. The location is great, however....on a major busline, within walking distance of the train, and other buslines. There are dozens of very good restaurants and shopping within a few blocks. We would stay here again, but it might not be our first choice if one of the neighboring hotels had similar rates.
3 night family trip Jun 5, 2014
dryheat
"Great location near Stanley Park"
We were very happy here except for one major disappointment: shower pressure. It was somewhere between being squirted by a water gun and being splattered by a strong sneeze. My hair is very short, and I still had to rinse under the bathtub tap instead of the shower.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
"I want to like this hotel...but"
Friendly front desk staff. Large room. Great location. Unfortunately the beds are like plywood! And there is no sound proofing. Windows are single paned and Robson is a busy street. Walls are thin and other guests were discourteous while leaving. Loud in hallway, doors slamming.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
with pets
"very nice suit"
Have a large kitchen! good for family. The hotel happen to be under renovation, so the price is very low!
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
Faraway
"Hotel not quite fully renovated as advertised."
The staff was very accommodating when we arrived at 10 am, unable to check-in. We left our bags for the day and they called as soon as the room was ready. When checking in we were given a different room than originally told. Once seeing the room was located on the ground floor, facing the parking lot, we asked to be moved to a higher floor. The staff was very helpful and upgraded us to a full apartment suite with a bedroom and kitchen (even though we didn't need it). The room faced the street and had a wonderful wall of windows. However, the elevator was OUT of Order and we had to drag our luggage up 6 flights of stairs and the windows were only covered by vertical blinds. The lack of curtains allowed for a lot of street noise. The renovations that have been done are somewhat band-aides or just lack of knowledge of how to renovate. However, the room was a generous size, clean and we both slept fine with the ear-plugs given to us by hotel staff. This place could be quite nice and a wonderful location - but the lack of detail in the renovations may hold them back from success.
Other trip May 14, 2014
Molly
Excellent, helpful, friendly staff. Close to almost everything downtown!
Other trip May 14, 2014
"Worn but clean; friendly staff; good location"
A solid budget option: nothing snazzy, but well located, some nice features (full kitchens, redone bathrooms) and a helpful staff. I sense they are renovating it slowly, so it could be a real gem in a few years.
2 night family trip May 2, 2014
"Downtown hotel"
The hotel was located near shopping and dining establishments which was what we wanted. From the pictures on the website, it seemed like it would be a comfortable place. It was doable but not what the pictures presented. The bed was lumpy and uncomfortable. The floor is not carpeted which I did not notice until arrival. The other guest could be heard and was disruptive to our sleep probably because the hallways were too narrow and sounds carried through the hallways. The shower was not flowing well. Overall, if you are looking for a place to just crash and not care about your surroundings, this would serve purpose. Next time, I will pay a little more for a little more comfort.
Other trip May 5, 2014
Tia
"robson"
It is a nice hotel. The elevator was out but I didnt mind. Room was decent.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
alton
"Pleasant stay."
Great location and reasonably priced.
2 night trip Apr 20, 2014
Ed
"A comfortable and affordable Hotel"
I was happy to choose this Hotel, the suite was spacious and have a full fledge kitchen and maintained very neatly. It was near to Sea wall and everything you look for is near by the hotel. The Hotel staff is very kind and always helpful and they helped me planning each day like what places to visit and where they are. My overall Experience is very good and I am glad I chose this Hotel.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Praveen Kumar
"Great location.........."
Overall a very good stay. Staff where really helpful and very polite. Rooms are a little dated but really clean with lots of room. Grocery store just down the road so we used the kitchen for breakfast.
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Great hotel, well priced, friendly staff.."
Great rooms, well priced, kitchen facilities, close to shops for food.. 5 stars highly recommend..
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
"Good location, Ok hotel"
It looks nicer in the pictures than in real life, but overall a good value. Internet was a little slow. Size was good. Bed was not very good. Condition of room was ok.
4 night trip Mar 2, 2014
"The hotel was nice enough for what I did sleep."
I liked the hotel okay but the rooms need sound proof Windows didn't rest well.
Other trip Feb 20, 2014
Sharon traveler
"Not bad for the price"
I had to stay here for an emergency, when you walk in the reception looks rather like a cheap motel and the facilities look a little beat up .. but once you get to your room is better, it was spacious like a little condo, clean and we'll mantained, the bed was cheap but the sheets and pillows were decent. Acceptable place but nothing special. The guest rating in expedia was not accurate at all. This is not a 3 star hotel.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
jay
"False advertising"
The only reason I booked this hotel (it was downtown and out of my way) was that they advertised TempurPedic mattesses in their rooms. This was specifically advertised on Expedia, and I did call the hotel to verify this. After going through the hassle of downtown traffic, and road reconstruction, to get there, they DID NOT have tempurPedic mattresses in their rooms. The staff was courteous and apologized, and they upgraded me to a bigger room, but that did not change the fact that the main reason I went there, the comfortable mattress, was voided. In addition the condition of the hotel and the rooms is poor. It looks like they cut costs on everything.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
"great hotel in the heart of downtown"
The Riviera hotel has a great location. The staff is incredibly nice and helpful. Most of the rooms in the hotel are suites or have city views. Do yourself a favor and spend the couple extra bucks to make sure you get one. The views of the city are great and having a kitchen in the room means you can eat a little more cheaply while you are in town. There are grocers and markets within blocks of the hotel. Things to know before you arrive: -parking costs extra ($15 for 24 hours) -no breakfast, but there is free coffee in the rooms -the furniture and fixtures in the rooms look a bit used (dented and scratched), but they are exceptionally clean and modern looking, so I didn't really mind a few scratches I initially booked the room for one night, but enjoyed it so much I booked a second. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone looking to spend couple nights in Vancouver.
Other trip Dec 14, 2013
"Great front desk staff, convenient location"
My room was spacious and clean. Bit what I was most happy with is the hotel's front desk staff. They were very nice and accommodating, and went above and beyond. Thank you.
Other trip Dec 12, 2013
"Affordable hotel in a great location"
Great price. Great location. No amenities and cheap bedding =(
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
Matthew
"Nice place to explore downtown Vancouver."
Looks aren't everything - ugly hotel but started with an overnight stay, ended up extending to 5 nights.
Other trip Nov 21, 2013
ASA
"Ok, a little run down."
It was ok, it's an old hotel. Right on Robson Street. The room had a weird smell, don't think I'd stay there again.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
Overall, the hotel was a pretty good stay considering you don't spend most of your time in there while traveling anyways. It's surprisingly a spacious room with a kitchen, bathroom and a separate bedroom. It was clean and decent. However the lack of wifi on my floor made it very inconvenient since I had to keep going to the lobby to use wifi. The street noise was a little unbearable as well. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel if you are staying a few days in Vancouver.
Other trip Nov 1, 2013
"Walking distance to almost everything"
Great hotel, beds are comfy, the kitchenette is useful when trying to save a bit of money by not eating out the whole time. However, remember to bring your own pots and pans as they are not provided. The hotel is super close to a lot of restaurants, bars, and clubs; there is little need for a taxi. If you bring your car up like I did, park on one of the residential streets behind the building, they charge $15 a day for parking which I think is unnecessary. The hotel staff are nothing but friendly and are great for drunken conversations on your way back to your room at 4 am. Showers take a bit longer due to the very low water pressure, so make sure you have extra time for that! Overall, and very good hotel if you aren't snooty.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Megan
Desk staff. Male. Was rude and charged Moore for parking than was originally told.
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2013
Connelly
The hotel was worn and shabby but clean. Wonderful location and the staff was very good and friendly. Be sure you don't have an emergency and have to cut your stay short because they refuse to offer a refund. And ask for a room off the street or take earplugs.
4 night trip Oct 6, 2013
Kate
"Great hotel in close to all Downtown attractions"
More like staying in a trendy apartment. I enjoyed it very much. Great service and amazing views. I could walk to excellent restaurants and shopping. About a 15 minute walk to waterfront.
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
k.
"Satisfactory hotel right on robson"
Hotel looks like it is a converted apartment complex. Overall, hotel was a little dated but the rooms were very clean, beyond what I expected. Location was excellent for a fair price. We got one of the upper floors and the view was nice. Unlike some of the other cheaper hotels, this one is at least a tower and can give these views. Fairly close to the skytrain station so you have access to the rest of the city although there is plenty to do within a short walk.
1 night trip with friends Sep 17, 2013
The desk staff were extremely helpful. The room was clean and comfortable, although not fancy. The hotel is located across the street from the Big Bus Hop-on Hop-off stop, which was very convenient. The area is safe and walkable. The hotel has no restaurant, but there are several nearby.
2 night family trip Sep 15, 2013
Judy H
"Amazing View And Service"
Staying at the Riviera was a great time. Perfect location to all types of food, high end stores and walking distance to English Bay beach.
2 night trip Sep 11, 2013