All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
444 Kanekapolei St, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good for overnight"
I stopped in for an overnight, arrived late at night. Staff was not the most friendly, but checked me in and I went to my room. Small room, but ok for one night. Coffee, refrigerator, microwave all included for a good price. Within walking distance of all Waikiki has to offer. Would have liked to pay less for the overnight, but was not disappointed by any means with what I paid ($100) for staying one night. It's the cost of vacationing, and I didn't spend much time in the room anyway!
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Not quiet, horrible place to sleep"
I've stayed here before years ago but it was on the very top floor in a suite and that was ok. It was on the corner with a large lanai. I remember hearing some outside street noise due to the jalousie windows that can't seal closed (most windows in Hawaii are like this anyway). But this time was horrible. We were on the 7th floor - room 700. I guess the walls aren't sound proof. We were up against the wall for the elevators and all night long we heard loud screeching noises every time the elevator went up and down. It was horrible! But we checked in super late and were only staying one night. My 4 yr old was in and out of sleep and it would've been hard for me to move him so I didn't bother. But don't stay here if you're a light sleeper.
1 night trip Apr 16, 2014
"very nice loation"
excellent
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"Great little romantic getaway. Just right."
I enjoyed the quaint little clean room. Really closed to all the action but off the main path. Nice deco in lobby and in the room. Very relaxing. Would defenately use again and recommend to others.
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2014
Jdub
"Average hotel but not clean"
everything is good in Hawaii. you wont spend much time in the hotel. so it was not bad but the only major problem was that it was not clean at all.
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
"Content"
It was suitable for a one night stay.
1 night trip Mar 9, 2014
"Best Staff!!"
The Aqua Aloha has the best hotel staff - friendly, always available, helpful and fun. The hotel itself is slightly outdated (key cards sometimes have difficulties, hardware is older), but the welcoming and friendly atmosphere makes up for it. A great deal for your money.
4 night trip Mar 5, 2014
Deb
"A BEST VALUE in Waikiki."
This is a clean, comfortable and well managed hotel in a convenient (non-beach front) location. Anyone willing to walk a couple of blocks to go to the overcrowded beach will save a bunch while being happy and comfortable at the Aqua Aloha Surf.
Other trip Mar 12, 2014
RichVW
Only problem is the small bathrooms otherwise I like aqua wave
1 night business trip Mar 4, 2014
Sugar
"Great location!"
I LOVED the location of the Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki! Close to the Makino Makittii Buffet and Show, the King's Village Shopping Center and Waikiki--all within walking distance.
2 night trip Feb 10, 2014
Susi L.
"Front desk employees were rude"
Firstly, the rules of your hotels check in and out policies are ridiculous. Why couldn't I keep checked in for more than one day without, coming down to your front desk, and rechecking in. I made the reservations for two days, and you have my credit card information? Secondly your staff was rude, and confusing. Thirdly we were recommended by your staff to check out one of your sister companies because you couldn't accommodate our dates for the rest of the nights we wanted. So we went to White Sands, and I can tell you had the same caliber of employees. I'm 50 years old I've travelled all over, and made many Hotel reservations with many companies in my time. I will never recommend you to anyone. I have many friends who work on the NCL Pride of America. I'll make sure their guests bypass your hotel.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
"Comfortable room with great view from top floor"
We were staying in a junior suite on the top floor, which provided fantastic, 270 degree views on Honolulu from a spacious balcony. The room was large and comfortable. There is no WiFi service in the rooms, you have to rent a cable from the reception. Everything was clean and well-maintained. Breakfast was not included in the price - it's served in the hotel but by another company, requiring purchase of coupons at the reception. Recommended if you get a room on one of the top floor for the views.
Other trip Jan 30, 2014
Pawel
"Love staying here"
The Aqua Aloha Surf is one of my favorite places to stay in Waikiki. There is an open air homey feeling to the lobby and the staff is very nice. Also great local and on the mellower Ala Wai side but still easy to walk 3 blocks to the beach in front of the Royal Hawaiian and Moana. There is a fun manager's reception Tuesday evenings with good music and complimentary cocktails. I would highly recommend this hotel. Not one of the huge 'luxury' hotels in Waikiki but to me this is more island style and still has a very professional and aloha feeling.
1 night trip Jan 20, 2014
Leilani
We enyoy staying at ur hotel we telling friends to book there
4 night business trip Jan 19, 2014
lorna/eric
"very comfortable"
great folks on the front desk, great atmosphere, they try their best to find the best activity for you, if you ask )
Other trip Jan 27, 2014
"Functional & friendly"
This is the perfect hotel if you just need a comfortable, friendly & convenient base from which to explore Waikiki. Short stroll to the beach, shops and ocean front restaurants or a few steps to the in house pool & cafe. Staff were very friendly & helpful with advice and suggestions etc. Would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
Emily
"Me Time"
The hotel has a great location, but my initial room was facing the street. It was definitely too much noise. No rooms available and had I had to sleep in the room an extra nightb before I was moved to the back side of the hotel. The room was clean but small. If I had the choice to stay there again I would spend more money for a better hotel
6 night trip Jan 11, 2014
Zenette
"Fun in the sun!!!"
I had an amazing time at the hotel. I thought at one point I lost my wallet and the hotel staff were so helping. The rooms are simply perfect for a hotel near the beach!
2 night trip Jan 13, 2014
Jazmin
Good location. It's in Waikiki everything is in walking distance. No "view" from hotel but who stays in the hotel? Simply walk outside few blocks to beach, there's your view.
3 night trip Jan 10, 2014
"You get what you pay for."
We payed less then $100. When we arrived into our room it was stuffy because the A/C was not on. We tried turning it on but the A/C wouldn't. We then figured it out and put it into a different outlet. We had only two outlets working. The bathroom light didn't even work! So our room was super dark at night, since we only had one last outlet to plug the lamp into. (Only two outlets working: one behind couch & one in the bathroom).
Response by Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki
Aloha, Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience here at the Aqua Aloha Surf. I apologize for the issues with the electricity and lighting in your room. Did you contact the hotel front desk to address these issues? At any rate, I am sorry you did not have a good experience. Sincerely, Tim Clark General Manager
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
Ann Marie
"Quick Stay"
Great hotel near lots of shops and the beach. Would definitely stay there again one day! Bus stop very close so easy to get around.
2 night trip Dec 21, 2013
Elise
"Reasonable for location."
Staff were great. If you are on a budget, it is ok place to stay.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
"Not worth it"
The place a hold on your credit card ad don't tell you it's $20 a day for parking. Rude workers. Not enough parking for guest that are staying. Way too many Japanese people wearing surgical masks. Very uncomfortable. No Hawaiians.
4 night trip Nov 19, 2013
White boy
"Close to Waikiki Beach and Shops"
This was an overnight stay in Honolulu for action and dining on Waikiki after a quiet week in West Oahu. Our previous condo was "iffy" and had no air-conditioning....so getting to another spot was a must for air. The room was clean and nice, with a very comfortable bed. The Air Conditioning Unit however, was facing the side of the dresser - blocking a majority of the air. The biggest complaint was the air conditioning. Easy walk to Waikiki Beach and the great restaurants and shops and market places. The "All you can eat" breakfast was not worth it. I wish we would've gone to Eggs and Things instead of the hotel breakfast. It consisted of Pancakes (made there), cereal, milk, toast, hard-boiled eggs, ham, spam, rice and coffee. We were there towards the end, and the fresh fruit was left-over orange and apple slices that were "iffy". McDonalds is a consistent choice. I probably won't stay there again, as several hotels just 2 blocks off the beach are available and affordable.
1 night trip Nov 6, 2013
monroelanding
"Handy to beach and Main Street."
Can be a bit noisy. Ie traffic early hours of the morning. Buffet was cold - would not eat there again,
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
feb
"Great!"
I totally enjoyed my stay at Aqua Aloha Surf. The room was small but clean and the bed was awesome. We grilled out one night by the pool which was great. The staff was super friendly and the hotel was really nice. The location was great for where we needed to be.
3 night romance trip Oct 5, 2013
"We we very satisfied"
For a quick business trip with baby we were pleasantly surprised. Very nice for price, will stay there again.
3 night business trip Sep 17, 2013
Natalie
"Good 4 the price"
It was good 4 what I nn, short stay, 3 blocks from the beach & close 2 neighborhood restaurants!!!
1 night family trip Sep 8, 2013
Nicole
"Excellent value and friendly staff!"
We had a comfortable stay and the staff was friendly & helpful. Location is perfect as long as you are willing to walk a short distance to the beach. Price is right if you want a safe and clean hotel without paying a lot of $$$. Will stay there again in the future.
5 night romance trip Jul 16, 2013
Linda P.
"Had a fun time"
The stay was okay. The price was right. But man those rooms were small! Overall it did the trick so I can't complain.
1 night trip with friends Aug 4, 2013
Farryn
"never again"
I slept in 2 different rooms, very noisy from traffic outside. housekeeping took my beach towel and then they threatened to charge me for it. I am watching my credit card.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
The hotel was nice. It was a few blocks from the beach and the main drag of Waikiki, but that was okay. The TV didn't work, and though someone said they'd come to fix it, they never showed up. Otherwise, we were very satisfied.
3 night romance trip Jul 26, 2013
"not for the business traveler"
This was on the cheap..basic room, Fit ness Facilities are IN THE LOBBY.....don't bother if you want some privacy while you work out. Will be staying elsewhere When I come to Honolulu..which I do..every 8 weeks.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
Terry
"Terrible!!!"
There were so many problems with this hotel. I checked in and checked out 15 minutes later!
4 night trip Jul 19, 2013
Robin
Hotel was clean and friendly staff. Pool is extremely small and very limited parking.
3 night business trip Jul 16, 2013
If you don't upgrade your room will be really small. Service was great, the staff and the manager were very helpful. Parking fills up fast. 5 min walk to the beach, Iis near many shops and restaurants.
7 night business trip Jul 10, 2013
"Decent place for a good price"
We just got back from our 7 night stay in waikiki.(6/30-7/7/13) My husband and I and our 18 mo. Old were traveling there for the 1st time as a family (my hubby and i stayed here before baby). We decided to return because it is 2 blocks from the beach, clean, (although we did find a lost slice of bread under the sink area that must have been there for a while). It has great a/c that even makes you cold if you leave it on long enough. The night we arrived, around 11pm on a sun., staff wasnt too friendly, not rude or anything either, just not friendly. We had tons of luggage and a baby and they didnt offer to help us at all. There werent any other guests around either. The morning staff and the rest of the staff that week and houskeeping ppl thereafter were very friendly, approchable and helpful. We did have an issue with parking the one night we rented a car, they were full and had no room for us to park the car at their hotel, which they failed to mention when we told them we were going to rent a car and asked for their policies, they forgot to mention we had to reserve a parking stall ahead of time. They asked us to go accross the street to park at that hotel and we had no choice so we went and they nicely accomodated us. The area seems to be getting worse, compared to our last stay. Two ppl got arrested on the corner where our hotel ends (we heard the commotion at 2am on the 8th floor) there were a lot more transients sleeping walking and loitering on the same block too.
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
Damaris
The staff were reasonably hospitable. The room was very small for two adults. There was no water in the fridge. The internet (Oceanic Cable/Time Warner) connection did not work in the room or at the main lobby. The louvre windows could not be operated for ventilation as it required a special tool so I had to use a knife I had on hand. Evenings there were a number of people loitering at the adjacent parking lot. In the morning a few drifters were hanging around at the road access to the hotel. As a budget hotel it was adequate but left nothing memorable in my mind.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
"aqua aloha surf"
Very small rooms. Small beds. No stair access, most of hotel in renovation, outrageous parking fees.
3 night trip Jun 24, 2013
"nice city/canal view"
We were treated well throughout our stay. Room was clean and comfortable. 2 blocks from Waikiki, across street from canal. Lovely birdsong in the morning from deck.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
"OK"
It was okay. My room was a pretty tight squeeze actually. I woke up to a bug crawling on my pillow next to my face :( but the staff was really nice!
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
Charlie
good value
1 night business trip May 29, 2013
Steve J
"like to stay here"
lots better than some other hotels in waikiki beach, like stay hotel waikiki which is really suck....
4 night business trip May 26, 2013
michael
Good value. Friendly staff.
1 night business trip May 28, 2013
"my lousy room at the Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki"
I guess I should have read the reviews before I booked the room. The lobby was beautiful, that was where the fun ended. Maybe because I booked on the internet like another traveler that I got such a pitiful room for the money. It was right next to the elevator and so tiny that two people could hardly move around the bed. There was no desk and the only chair squashed in next to the TV was one of those cheap plastic Walmart type garden chair. The airconditioner struggled to keep the room at a decent temperature and was so loud that we had to turn the TV up loud to hear it which prompted a call from the front desk complaining that our TV was too loud for the security man who patroled the area. The bathroom was so tiny we had to put our tolietries on the counter where the TV was in the room. My man is a big man (265 pounds and 6'2") and could hardly move in the shower, it was so small. The towels were plentiful but scimpy in size. If you book a room there ask for something other than room 513, I will not go back there again no matter how much I need a room.
4 night trip May 17, 2013
Joy
"Affordable"
The hotel need new bed sheets, window curtains, and new carpet.
Other trip May 28, 2013
Connie
"Great place"
Very good, would go back!!!! Excellent, very freindly, good location
Other trip May 27, 2013
Henry
"Perfect, including ocean views!"
Perfect location, views, etc. Very comfortable. I booked a "Superior Room" on three different trips and had an ocean view.
4 night trip May 6, 2013
"Decent hotel close to beach"
The hotel is in need of some upgrades but it is affordable and just a few blocks from the beach, night life, andeateries . There is an apt building across from the main entrance that prostitutes seemingly live which was a bit unsettling. The pool is nice and the hotel conditions are manageable. Security is good. There is a breakfast package one can add to their stay. I'm happy I did not. Boiled eggs, rice, pancakes and canned ham. Everyday the same thing is served.
Other trip May 5, 2013
Tara
"Terrible"
Stay there for 2 nights, not once did they come clean or change the towels. Place look cheap, shower had some kind of rusts everywhere. No wifi service, just wouldn't recommend it to any one.
Other trip May 3, 2013