All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
444 Kanekapolei St, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"OK but pokey"
room was small with double bed against window and single bed had a lumpy mattress. Air conditioning worked overtime to keep the room reasonable. Thankfully 2 keys allowed us to leave it on as key is required to got power to work. Pictures and write up not altogether accurate on internet
4 night trip with friends Oct 22, 2014
"nice and easy"
great time and staff was very friendly. nice view and it only needs a little renewing and it will be good.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
OK !
"Okay for one night"
The hotel rooms were a lot smaller than I thought. We had TWIN beds! it was okay because I was with my son, but a room with a full size bed for my husband and I wouldn't have been sufficient. The beds were comfortable and the linen was clean. So, it was okay. We stayed one night before heading over to Ko'Olina in our timeshare for 7 days. This room did have a small refrigerator, microwave, and a coffee pot. The continental breakfast was marginal. For one quick night, this place was okay.
1 night family trip Oct 9, 2014
Trish
"Nice, clean, convenient"
We found this hotel: clean, refrig , micro, coffee maker & a/c, convenient to buses; both city & tours. We missed a bathtub; shower o.k. Hotel travel agent Lydia is terrific, understands what you want to do and helps you find a way to do that and/or see that. Did not need parking.$$. Room not large but definitely adequate. One does not go to Waikiki to sit in room nor to swim in pool. Breakfast free w/room was definitely minimal. o.k. only. Worth not choosing the option and buying cereal, pastries etc and using the room refrig & micro.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
Betty
Great location. Rooms dated & need updating. Breakfast was the worst experienced in 2 months of travelling (plastic plates, no variety of fruit. No yoghurt.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Unfriendly staff. Tiny room with inadequate cooling
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
frequent travel
"Two blocks from the beach!!"
The simple truth is the room is outdated. There is a treadmill, universal unit, and a lat pull down as an exercise room. Which is next to the buffet area. The staff are the pros here. They are helpful and make you feel welcomed. The free breakfast buffet is nothing more than a camp ground like menu when your twelve. The room smells like nothing I've experienced. Carpet is stained and for some reason there is a card slot for your interior room lights you have to use. Very cheaply and poorly dated room. Lumpy bed and dark areas on the bathroom walls. For the money I can't complain, but for anyone who paid more than I, you didn't get your monies worth. Search wisely and hope you make the right choice. I don't recommend this hotel because of the rooms and not the staff.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
world traveler
"Nice clean hotel close to waikiki beach."
We have been staying at this hotel since our first trip to Hawaii in August 2005. It's nice and clean. The staff are all nice and helpful.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
VP of Phoenix
"Close to the beach"
Didn't like that I had to pay $22.00 per night to park my rental car on hotel property above the cost of the hotel stay.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Insurance adjus
"Nice hotel, very convenient location"
I stayed there with my husband and we were very happy. The room was small but very clean. The pillows and mattress very very comfortable. The location is super convenient, two blocks from Kalakaua ave. and one block to Kuhio. Lots of places to eat around the hotel. Pretty quite considering where it is located. The staff was helful. The breakfast was ok but good enough. I read others reviews that were not that happy with it but remember that it is a 3 stars hotel. If you expect 5 stars services and amenities then you have to paid that rate. We will definitely stay there again.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Laura and Leo
"I loved the location"
Just minutes away from the beach! Right next to the food pantry, close to the bars and still away from all the noise and traffic! I would stay here again.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
TS_AsianDolly
"Disgusting"
Checked into this hotel because it was on the military TLA approved list, after checking in and going to my room, I asked the man that brought my bags how to turn the air on because it was 1000 degrees in the room. He put the key card in a slot by the door and said it should cool off any minute. I tipped him and he left. As I walked around the humid room, i smelled something awful and did not feel the room cooling down at all! I went near the window where the air conditioner was and saw trails of ants... I jumped back and looked around the room to see if there were more, which there were. I immediately grabbed by bags and took them downstairs to the front desk and told the manager what happened. He asked if I would like to be complimentary upgraded to another room and I said no because I was already too disgusted. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!
13 night business trip Jun 3, 2014
Sarahbeek
"Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki"
For being a hotel a little more on the budget side of things, this place was exceptional and we will stay again. The staff was very friendly and helpful and our room was great. Housekeeping did a fantastic job and I'm a little high maintenance so I kept her on her toes, and she was absolutely wonderful. The beach was just a short walk and all of the activities we signed up for through the concierge worked out great. I honestly have no complaints whatsoever about the staff, room or even the lobby. Everyone there and the comfort of our room made for a wonderful vacation.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Deanne
"Affordable, convenient, and comfortable"
We were somewhat surprised at the size of the room and pool. Pictures are "accurate", but convey both to be quite a bit larger than they are. Some aspects of room need refurbishing (kickboard on vanity broken, shower tile very worn, sofa upholstery stained) but room and bedding were clean and bed was very comfortable. Availability of beach towels and sand chairs a big plus!! Complimentary breakfast was also appreciated and convenient.
Other trip May 31, 2014
kathy
"Not what I expected"
The lobby was nice and the location was pretty convenient, but the room was very small. There was no counter space in the bathroom and the shower drain was rusty. I wouldn't stay there again.
1 night trip May 14, 2014
excellent bed with ok service.
1 night business trip May 14, 2014
"No frills, close to the beach & easy access."
Week long stay for first Hawaiian visit. Hotel was easy to find, easy to access. Parking issues but they tried. Room small but comfortable, amazingly comfortable bed. Front desk staff were extremely friendly & helpful! Would definitely stay again. Great accommodations for the money.
Other trip May 1, 2014
PB
"Good for overnight"
I stopped in for an overnight, arrived late at night. Staff was not the most friendly, but checked me in and I went to my room. Small room, but ok for one night. Coffee, refrigerator, microwave all included for a good price. Within walking distance of all Waikiki has to offer. Would have liked to pay less for the overnight, but was not disappointed by any means with what I paid ($100) for staying one night. It's the cost of vacationing, and I didn't spend much time in the room anyway!
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Not quiet, horrible place to sleep"
I've stayed here before years ago but it was on the very top floor in a suite and that was ok. It was on the corner with a large lanai. I remember hearing some outside street noise due to the jalousie windows that can't seal closed (most windows in Hawaii are like this anyway). But this time was horrible. We were on the 7th floor - room 700. I guess the walls aren't sound proof. We were up against the wall for the elevators and all night long we heard loud screeching noises every time the elevator went up and down. It was horrible! But we checked in super late and were only staying one night. My 4 yr old was in and out of sleep and it would've been hard for me to move him so I didn't bother. But don't stay here if you're a light sleeper.
1 night trip Apr 16, 2014
"very nice loation"
excellent
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"Great little romantic getaway. Just right."
I enjoyed the quaint little clean room. Really closed to all the action but off the main path. Nice deco in lobby and in the room. Very relaxing. Would defenately use again and recommend to others.
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2014
Jdub
"Average hotel but not clean"
everything is good in Hawaii. you wont spend much time in the hotel. so it was not bad but the only major problem was that it was not clean at all.
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
"Content"
It was suitable for a one night stay.
1 night trip Mar 9, 2014
"Best Staff!!"
The Aqua Aloha has the best hotel staff - friendly, always available, helpful and fun. The hotel itself is slightly outdated (key cards sometimes have difficulties, hardware is older), but the welcoming and friendly atmosphere makes up for it. A great deal for your money.
4 night trip Mar 5, 2014
Deb
"A BEST VALUE in Waikiki."
This is a clean, comfortable and well managed hotel in a convenient (non-beach front) location. Anyone willing to walk a couple of blocks to go to the overcrowded beach will save a bunch while being happy and comfortable at the Aqua Aloha Surf.
Other trip Mar 12, 2014
RichVW
Only problem is the small bathrooms otherwise I like aqua wave
1 night business trip Mar 4, 2014
Sugar
"Great location!"
I LOVED the location of the Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki! Close to the Makino Makittii Buffet and Show, the King's Village Shopping Center and Waikiki--all within walking distance.
2 night trip Feb 10, 2014
Susi L.
"Front desk employees were rude"
Firstly, the rules of your hotels check in and out policies are ridiculous. Why couldn't I keep checked in for more than one day without, coming down to your front desk, and rechecking in. I made the reservations for two days, and you have my credit card information? Secondly your staff was rude, and confusing. Thirdly we were recommended by your staff to check out one of your sister companies because you couldn't accommodate our dates for the rest of the nights we wanted. So we went to White Sands, and I can tell you had the same caliber of employees. I'm 50 years old I've travelled all over, and made many Hotel reservations with many companies in my time. I will never recommend you to anyone. I have many friends who work on the NCL Pride of America. I'll make sure their guests bypass your hotel.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
"Comfortable room with great view from top floor"
We were staying in a junior suite on the top floor, which provided fantastic, 270 degree views on Honolulu from a spacious balcony. The room was large and comfortable. There is no WiFi service in the rooms, you have to rent a cable from the reception. Everything was clean and well-maintained. Breakfast was not included in the price - it's served in the hotel but by another company, requiring purchase of coupons at the reception. Recommended if you get a room on one of the top floor for the views.
Other trip Jan 30, 2014
Pawel
"Love staying here"
The Aqua Aloha Surf is one of my favorite places to stay in Waikiki. There is an open air homey feeling to the lobby and the staff is very nice. Also great local and on the mellower Ala Wai side but still easy to walk 3 blocks to the beach in front of the Royal Hawaiian and Moana. There is a fun manager's reception Tuesday evenings with good music and complimentary cocktails. I would highly recommend this hotel. Not one of the huge 'luxury' hotels in Waikiki but to me this is more island style and still has a very professional and aloha feeling.
1 night trip Jan 20, 2014
Leilani
We enyoy staying at ur hotel we telling friends to book there
4 night business trip Jan 19, 2014
lorna/eric
"very comfortable"
great folks on the front desk, great atmosphere, they try their best to find the best activity for you, if you ask )
Other trip Jan 27, 2014
"Not as close to the beach as they promote"
Looks nice in lobby but really small. No parking- had to go to hotel across the st & use their valet. Rms are tiny, AC broken & windows wouldn't open. hotel not very nice looking-looked beat up nd bad paint job. Worse thing was I Woke up w/10+ bug bites. Never going back again
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
nanci
"Functional & friendly"
This is the perfect hotel if you just need a comfortable, friendly & convenient base from which to explore Waikiki. Short stroll to the beach, shops and ocean front restaurants or a few steps to the in house pool & cafe. Staff were very friendly & helpful with advice and suggestions etc. Would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
Emily
"Me Time"
The hotel has a great location, but my initial room was facing the street. It was definitely too much noise. No rooms available and had I had to sleep in the room an extra nightb before I was moved to the back side of the hotel. The room was clean but small. If I had the choice to stay there again I would spend more money for a better hotel
6 night trip Jan 11, 2014
Zenette
"Fun in the sun!!!"
I had an amazing time at the hotel. I thought at one point I lost my wallet and the hotel staff were so helping. The rooms are simply perfect for a hotel near the beach!
2 night trip Jan 13, 2014
Jazmin
Good location. It's in Waikiki everything is in walking distance. No "view" from hotel but who stays in the hotel? Simply walk outside few blocks to beach, there's your view.
3 night trip Jan 10, 2014
"Aqua Aloha surf waikiki"
Old hotel cheaply renovated. Parking is very expensive for self parking and non guarantee of available space. Bed was very old and uncomfortable due to high usage. Woke up feeling itchy (bed mites?) and sore due to worn out bed. Won't stay there again. Wasn't worth the price even with discount
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
"You get what you pay for."
We payed less then $100. When we arrived into our room it was stuffy because the A/C was not on. We tried turning it on but the A/C wouldn't. We then figured it out and put it into a different outlet. We had only two outlets working. The bathroom light didn't even work! So our room was super dark at night, since we only had one last outlet to plug the lamp into. (Only two outlets working: one behind couch & one in the bathroom).
Response by Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki
Aloha, Thank you for sharing your feedback about your experience here at the Aqua Aloha Surf. I apologize for the issues with the electricity and lighting in your room. Did you contact the hotel front desk to address these issues? At any rate, I am sorry you did not have a good experience. Sincerely, Tim Clark General Manager
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
Ann Marie
"Quick Stay"
Great hotel near lots of shops and the beach. Would definitely stay there again one day! Bus stop very close so easy to get around.
2 night trip Dec 21, 2013
Elise
"Reasonable for location."
Staff were great. If you are on a budget, it is ok place to stay.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
"Not worth it"
The place a hold on your credit card ad don't tell you it's $20 a day for parking. Rude workers. Not enough parking for guest that are staying. Way too many Japanese people wearing surgical masks. Very uncomfortable. No Hawaiians.
4 night trip Nov 19, 2013
White boy
"Close to Waikiki Beach and Shops"
This was an overnight stay in Honolulu for action and dining on Waikiki after a quiet week in West Oahu. Our previous condo was "iffy" and had no air-conditioning....so getting to another spot was a must for air. The room was clean and nice, with a very comfortable bed. The Air Conditioning Unit however, was facing the side of the dresser - blocking a majority of the air. The biggest complaint was the air conditioning. Easy walk to Waikiki Beach and the great restaurants and shops and market places. The "All you can eat" breakfast was not worth it. I wish we would've gone to Eggs and Things instead of the hotel breakfast. It consisted of Pancakes (made there), cereal, milk, toast, hard-boiled eggs, ham, spam, rice and coffee. We were there towards the end, and the fresh fruit was left-over orange and apple slices that were "iffy". McDonalds is a consistent choice. I probably won't stay there again, as several hotels just 2 blocks off the beach are available and affordable.
1 night trip Nov 6, 2013
monroelanding
"Handy to beach and Main Street."
Can be a bit noisy. Ie traffic early hours of the morning. Buffet was cold - would not eat there again,
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
feb
"Great!"
I totally enjoyed my stay at Aqua Aloha Surf. The room was small but clean and the bed was awesome. We grilled out one night by the pool which was great. The staff was super friendly and the hotel was really nice. The location was great for where we needed to be.
3 night romance trip Oct 5, 2013
"We we very satisfied"
For a quick business trip with baby we were pleasantly surprised. Very nice for price, will stay there again.
3 night business trip Sep 17, 2013
Natalie
"Good 4 the price"
It was good 4 what I nn, short stay, 3 blocks from the beach & close 2 neighborhood restaurants!!!
1 night family trip Sep 8, 2013
Nicole
"Excellent value and friendly staff!"
We had a comfortable stay and the staff was friendly & helpful. Location is perfect as long as you are willing to walk a short distance to the beach. Price is right if you want a safe and clean hotel without paying a lot of $$$. Will stay there again in the future.
5 night romance trip Jul 16, 2013
Linda P.
"Had a fun time"
The stay was okay. The price was right. But man those rooms were small! Overall it did the trick so I can't complain.
1 night trip with friends Aug 4, 2013
Farryn
"never again"
I slept in 2 different rooms, very noisy from traffic outside. housekeeping took my beach towel and then they threatened to charge me for it. I am watching my credit card.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013