All hotels in Pacific Grove, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1100 Lighthouse Ave, Pacific Grove, CA, 93950, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great place to stay near the Monterey Bay Aquarium"
With the exception of the breakfast and the parking available later in the evening, it was a great room for the weekend.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
Visitor
"Sea Breeze Inn"
Pros: Location, spacious upstairs 2 queen bed room, clean room and bathroom. Cons: Only big muffins cut in half and pulp warm orange juice is the free breakfast located in the check in office. Unfortunately, the alarm clock in the vacant room next door went off at 7 AM so I wasn't thrilled about that. Parking was ok. Pool was located across the street at their sister hotel. I didn't take advantage of it. Bed in room was comfortable. Internet was free with log-in code. TV had plenty of channels. Inn offers a special discount for the aquarium if you are planning on visiting it (which I highly recommend, and to go when it first opens to avoid crowds). As for the location, you are pretty close to the lighthouse, famous drive and the aquarium. We did all of them and it was awesome! For a one night stay, it was nice. From the looks of the rooms below and around the property, they looked small; so be sure to ask for an upstairs room. Ours was #201, with plenty of windows, and lots of room to move around.
1 night family trip Aug 27, 2014
Lesley J
"perfect location"
The room was wonderful, two queens and sitting area. Outside is fire pit and chairs.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
"Uncomfortable but clean"
Location is good, close to water and attractions. Cleanliness fine, but the floor is worn through, noise from the street is pronounced and you'll hear conversations through the thin walls. Breakfast consists of lots of sugary, fat sweet breads, orange juice and coffee with no protein sources, options for diabetics or gluten-intolerant. Bring your own food, coffee maker and coffee. Better to stay in a cottage far away from the street than one of the rooms. Better yet, find a higher quality lodge. You get what you pay for. Personnel are friendly but the motel itself desperately needs a huge facelift and better options for clientele. This one is bare bones. Ok if you're desperate for one night.
3 night family trip Aug 26, 2014
Diane Cartwright
"Small, older, noisy,"
Probably will not stay here again. The rooms have no AC so we had to try to sleep with windows open, hearing dogs barking, cats fighting and people talking.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
Ron
"Hidden Gem of a location"
Stayed in the up-graded room with two queen beds, up-grade well worth it!
2 night trip Aug 18, 2014
"Fantastic Pacific Grove Getaway!"
Super friendly staff, walking distance to the most scenic/beautiful coast on the planet. Rooms are very clean/comfortable with fireplace. Great location---short drive to shops/food---deer walking around the parking lot! Amazing place to stay!
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Great service but mediocre condition for PG hotel"
The Sea Breeze Inn and Cottage was very convenient to downtown Pacific Grove - walking distance. The room itself was disappointing. There was no air condition or fan which made the room stuffy at night, even with the windows open. The bathroom /shower stall was very small and not the cleanest. The lock on my front door didn't work when I got the room. To the staff's credit, they fixed my problems right away when I brought up the lock and the bathroom condition, so kudos to their customer service.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
BP
This is a lovely place...............quiet and serene......very much befitting Pacific Grove.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
"Good budget choice"
On the plus side: 1. Our room was very clean, 2. The location was perfect in a quiet neighborhood near the ocean and the aquarium, 3. The pool was very clean and well maintained. On the negative side: 1. The room had an unpleasant smell, 2. The bedroom was stuffy and too warm because we could not leave the curtains open on the first floor and there were no fans or air conditioning, 3. The only mirror was over the bathroom sink, 4. The high season price was extremely high for a place like this. All in all, this hotel was adequate but I would expect more for the price we paid.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
"family vacation"
Quite good (clean, quiet, nice staff..) Breakfast needs to improve (only coffee, orange juice & muffins).
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"Good for one night stay"
If you are just hopping around and find this hotel to stay one night, it's definitely fine.. If you're planning your vocation here, please pass it.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Vincent
"Comfortable, Clean Hotel"
We stayed at the Sea Breeze Inn in our visit to Monterey. From the outside, the hotel looks a little bit old but the rooms are very comfortable although a bit small. Clean rooms and spacious Bathroom and shower. Located close to shops and restaurants and most important the beach. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Pool is great. Will come back to the Sea Breeze again on our next trip t the area.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Mel
"Front Desk was rude!"
The hotel was beautiful! It's to bad the front desk was ugly! I requested an extra blanket... 5hrs later I asked the housekeeping myself and they helped an hour later. When I asked the woman at the front desk for towels she said she didn't have any. As I was walking out a blonde woman asked her for towels and she said of course and gave her some! I turned around and asked for towels. Her response I told you we didn't have any. When I told her that I witness her handing towels over to the woman. It was only then she handed me some towels with no apology. First time I've felt discriminated in a long time!!!
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2014
Don't recommend this hotel as they are not very accommodating. We booked one room for 2 adults and one child. We get to the room and find one queen size bed. How do you expect to fit 3 people in a queen size bed? To top it off shower was like being in a cube. Room had a muggy smell.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
"Delightful extended weekend"
This is a charming, well-located older motel walking distance from downtown Pacific Grove. The grounds are pretty, with a popular fire pit. The pool was good and the hot tub a little worn but adequate. Breakfast was orange juice, coffee and Costco muffins - sufficient but average. The room was clean and comfortable, but towels and wash cloths seemed a bit short over a couple of days. Managers were extremely nice and accommodating. Overall, I would definitely recommend this place for budget travel.
3 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2014
Maureen
"A good balance between comfort and affordability"
I'd say our experience was nice, overall. There were a few gripes, like that we could hear the couple next door to us through the connecting doors that allow families in multiple rooms access, and the room was definitely on the small side. The complementary breakfast consisted of weak coffee, only two types of muffins (blueberry and chocolate), oatmeal, tea, and reconstituted orange juice. The room did smell of bleach like other reviews stated, but I personally liked that (it meant the room was clean to my standards). The room was immaculate--clean enough to where I felt comfortable sitting on the toilet without protection, unlike other rooms I've stayed in. The fire-pit was awesome and we sat around it and chatted with other guests about their travel experiences. We could find no air conditioner in the room, only a heater, so we had to leave the window open, but in the temperate environment near the beach, this wasn't a problem. All rooms included a refrigerator and microwave, which was a definite plus. For travelers on a budget, I would definitely recommend Sea Breeze to a friend.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"Good value, walking distance to beach."
We booked for $105 and didn't expect too much. We made better time than expected and got in at 2:30. We were told come back at 3:15. What happened to 3pm check in guaranteed? Nevertheless the experience was good. The place was clean and comfortable. A mini fridge/freezer and microwave were in the room. Location was good if you don't mind walking to the beach or driving to eat.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"Wonderful place to stay"
My husband and daughter stayed over for 1 night and enjoyed our entire experience. The location was perfect. We were in walking distance to the coast line and a 5 miunte drive from the aquarium. The hotel was exactly how it was described. It was comfortable, and we enjoyed both the pool and the fire pit.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
It was the perfect place for 2, not too far from downtown yet close to the beach. The room itself is good for only 2 people. Breakfast was just right. The only thing is new customers should be notified that there is no reserved parking for your unit, its open parking and the exhaust in the bathroom was kind of noisy when turned on. Other than these 2 minor stuffs, the place was excellent, quiet and just right for the weekend. Staff was wonderful.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"excellent location - nature and town"
Loved the location.Close enough for lots of hiking or leisurely walking along the coast and also for in-town exploring (on foot since I did not have a car.) Pacific Grove is a quaint and picturesque community - great little shops, gardens, restaurants, and ample Victorian architecture. It is helpful to know that the bus # 1 can take you all the way from the cottages into town if not in the mood for walking. The cottage was perfect. Roomy, comfortable, and quiet (a great value for the money). The staff is very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast however could be greatly improved by simply adding apples, bananas, and other fruit. Overall I was very satisfied with my stay and would return in a heartbeat!
3 night trip Jul 9, 2014
Emma
"Good & Clean but pricy for for grade"
A nice, clean inn with great staff, very hospitable. Located minutes from the ocean and just a short 7-8 minute drive from the heart of Monterey. Nevertheless, a little pricy considering the grade of the hotel and location.
2 night business trip Jul 9, 2014
"Cozy and comfortable"
Very convenient location and nice accommodations. Will definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2014
"Nice but Old"
Friendly staff, nice surroundings, clean remodeled room, nice bathroom. This is a very old motel but they have done a nice job covering up the old except the smell of old is tough to remove
1 night trip Jul 10, 2014
"Good for Pet-Friendly"
We were taking our children to Monterey for the first time & had to bring our dog with us. We were thankful that the hotel had Pet-Friendly rooms. When we arrived, we were told that we were upgraded to a room with a kitchenette. The room & beds were comfortable. The carpets were visibly stained from previous pet guests...we hope. Limited space for dogs to relieve themselves. Breakfast is muffins or oatmeal, with coffee & juice. Fortunately, they provide discounts to nearby restaurants. Overall, it was a good stay.
2 night trip Jul 7, 2014
"Great Experience"
We stayed in their new portion of the hotel (4-plex, 2 Story) and loved it! It was spacious with high, vaulted ceilings and nice furnishings! I'd recommend this place. Great location too.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Very nice location"
Great location close to Cannery Row, Carmel, the beach, shops, etc. We really liked how serene Pacific Grove is compared to Monterey and Carmel. Beautiful and easy quick bike ride to Cannery Row, and short enough drive to Big Sur and Santa Cruz. None of the huge crowds like the more famous locations have. The room was very nice and modern except for the old style TV. Pool looked nice but spa was pretty dirty and run down. Still a nice place to relax with a bottle of wine at a poolside table. We arrived really early around 11am, and they weren't too happy about it. Reluctant about holding our luggage, and generally unwelcoming. We took off on our bikes and when returned in the afternoon the girl was very pleasant and accommodating. The maid was also very nice and helpful. Great spot for romantic getaway or with kids. We stayed 3 days and got to see all the great spots nearby.
2 night romance trip Jul 4, 2014
B. Walker
"Cozy little place"
The Sea Breeze Inn and Cottages are a cozy little place. I wish we were there for more than one night, as we were just passing through the area. Initially, I was not impressed when we checked in since the receptionist was not very friendly and told me that two of my credit cards were rejected, even though they were fine everywhere else before and after trying them there. Aside from that though, the place is nice and affordable. The continental breakfast is only coffee, juice, muffins and oatmeal, but overall, the cottages are really cozy, comfortable and conveniently located for a great price.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Ray
"Kind of run down"
No AC, window broken, no fan. Room was stuffy. I had to complain and ask for a fan to be delivered to the room. Front window was broken, and had to be left open - for air and so that it would not get stuck. After that, things got a little better. They brought a fan. Maintenance came and looked at the window (did some fixing). The temperatures cooled down. But still - pool was across the street, bathroom was cramped. Beds were comfortable and it's nice to have a fridge in-room. But for $200/night, my overall impression is that they need to do more maintenance.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2014
Tas
"Pleasantly surprised"
Booked here for a business trip, didn't expect much but it was one of the few places that met the price approved by my company, as it was July4 week. Very nice clean room, comfortable bed, quiet area. The pool area was nice and the jacuzzi fabulous. Much nicer than I expected, will definitely be back!
1 night business trip Jul 2, 2014
Vivienne
"Nice but too much for what it offers"
For the price, we expected more. In all honesty, It's a nice motel - overpriced one. advertises continental bfast - not the case, you get a muffin and a weak coffee. Shower has no hot water, just warm. The pool is across the street and it's icy cold tiny 4 people jacuzzi. I'd stay here again only if price was lower.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Clean and Easy"
Our recent stay at the Sea Breeze was low drama and high value. Close to everything on the Monterey Peninsula and priced well for a three star property. The staff was very helpful as well in assisting us with the planning with a variety of day trips and attractions. The Monterey Aquarium is really a must see. We will be back.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
Christina
"Refreshed!"
Everything was perfect; the room, the weather, and met C. Eastwood!
2 night trip with friends Jun 26, 2014
lilly
"Much improved!!!"
I was at the Sea Breeze 3 months ago and had an uncomfortable stay. The beds were extremely high (waist high) which made for very ungraceful climbs and the Jack and Jill bathroom was very tight. The room also did not have a chair on which to sit for shoes, eating etc. I thought to give Sea Breeze another chance and they came through beautifully. Though the beds were high, our stay was much more pleasant. The location and separate cabins made our stay terrific. Our puppy was also graciously welcomed with treats and a huge bed.
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014
anonymous
"Good hotel, muffin breakfast"
As far as my reviews were rated average the concerns I had were the pet urine smell by the alarm clock near my pillow (gross as they're supposed to deep clean due to pets in rooms), the breakfast was only muffins, oj, and coffee, and the spa was covered with bubbles that were gray...everything else was good!
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Cozzy and small :)"
The room was ok. But no air condition and the tv was old. It was a nice place and peacefull but they have to upgrade some of the things.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
nan r
"Best kept secret"
My fiancé and I were looking for an economical hotel that was clean and well kept and we really hit the nail on the head. This motel is older but the room had been remodeled in recent years and was perfect for what we needed. The bathroom was older but very clean...spotless in fact. This place is perfectly located close enough to the ocean and easy access to Pebble Beach and Carmel. We wound up really liking that little town Pacific Grove even though we had never heard of it before. The staff was very friendly and helpful and answered questions about the area. I'm kinda picky about rooms and just FYI, we happened to walk in while the cleaning lady was working in the room and she really scrubbed down the bathroom and left the rest of the room very well picked up...we left in a hurry that morning. It's in a good neighborhood and my GF felt safe. I'd recommend this motel to friends and family for sure.
1 night trip Jun 10, 2014
Getcoachtom
"Cute, quiet, and comfortable"
Newly refurbished, close to monterey. We were pleasantly surprise and would highly recommend it. I personally thought it should have a higher rating.
2 night family trip Jun 7, 2014
Buffy
We stayed 2 nights. We brought 2 dogs and they forgot to give us our pet package when we checked in. Went back to lobby to inquire and they had someone bring us 2 big fluffy pillows, bed sheet to place on top of bed, dog treats, and poop bags. Next day we left hotel in am and came back at 4pm. Someone had removed the pillows and dog sheet but had otherwise not cleaned up the room. This was really odd. I inquired and they had someone bring us the dog stuff again, slight inconvenience. Maid came by at 5ish to see if we wanted our room cleaned, which was too late in day as we were resting in our room. So we never had room cleaned.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
I made a real mistake staying there. Room was not clean, Coffee pot looked like it had not been cleaned for months. Shower was dirty. Microwave was dirty. The motel uses regular keys for their rooms, but they do not work on the deadbolt. What a joke.
1 night trip Jun 2, 2014
"Pleased"
Enjoyed the location! The fire pit was our favorite part. We would sit out at night and get to know the others staying there. Our room included a sitting area and kitchenette, which made it comfortable.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
Rose
The hot water was barely warm. The TV had only a few channels. The pool was not heated and the hot tub had paint chipping into it from the surrounding wood. The area was beautiful and close to a park.
2 night trip May 30, 2014
"within walking distance of the ocean"
The cottage is very basic and small yet it has a TV, microwave, and fridge. It was spotlessly clean.
1 night trip May 28, 2014
"Comfortable Cottages"
Liked having a separate cottage. Staff seemed a little overwhelmed at times, but performed adequately.
1 night trip May 14, 2014
Jeff G
"Nice overnight trip"
I was in Pacific Grove for an overnight business trip. I didn't get to stay in the hotel very long but they had a nice pool, fire pit, and little continental breakfast (orange juice, coffee, muffins and oatmeal) Would have loved to stay longer!
1 night business trip May 23, 2014
"Stay away"
Too many dogs around. Hotel staff is rude. Breakfast is nonexistent - coeffee and muffin service 8-10am.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"OK"
Have stayed here 2 times before. Know it's pet friendly, but this time we were put next to 3 lil dogs that did a lot of barking when the owners put them in the patio and left!!! Also the morning gal at the desk seen at least 10 people outside at 8 a.m. waiting for coffee and and when we went in her clock said 8 but everyone else's was at least 5 after but when I told her her clock was slow she said sure it's not your, I said all of ours. I'm not a picky person but it's customer service and when that many people are waiting and she is just sitting and looking at the clock, I'm sorry she should have opened the door. Not sure we will stay there again!!!!
2 night trip May 20, 2014
"Good value decent place."
We liked it. Nothing fancy. Comfortable. Clean. I like the kitchen set up with a full size fridge, microwave, sink, stove, coffee maker and pots and pans. Detergent and sponge too. No AC though and it was a rather warm weekend. You get to park your car right outside your room. Continental breakfast only includes muffins and oatmeal which I am not a fan of. Toast, fruits and eggs??
2 night family trip May 12, 2014
N Ng
booked a 1bd queen room for my sister and I to rest after the first leg of our roadtrip. got a tiny cottage by the ice machine and bed looked a lot smaller than the other queen room i booked for the next night. The room was getting warm from the sunlight hitting the window and the heater pilot light that was on. The main window was stuck and seemed broken. No AC. A lady came to check it. She said she would come back but never did. So we could only open one small window facing the ice machine which was awkward when people came to get their ice. Not to mention all the noise the machine made. My first thought when i saw the room from the outside was "this must be where people keep their pets"
1 night family trip May 14, 2014
Di
The hotel is conveniently situated, 5-6 minutes to the Pacific Grove Golf Course and restaurants are within 10-15 minutes drive. The hotel provides all our basic needs.
1 night trip May 13, 2014