All hotels in St. Petersburg, Florida, United States of America
95 Central Ave, St. Petersburg, FL, 33701, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Don't always believe a picture."
I booked this hotel because the pictures look appealing. I was stranded in St. Pete because weather prevented me from flying back home. I needed a place quick and at a reasonable price. The bed felt like sleeping on concrete, the room was dirty to the point where I did not want to sleep on the bed. The ac barley worked. The vending machine took my money but did not give the soda and the ceiling was leaking in the hallway. I will not stay here again.
1 night business trip Jun 2, 2015
"Great area and historic hotel"
Love the historic flavor of the hotel and the area is great. The main negative about the hotel is that the room was tiny and the bed was as hard as a brick. It could use fresh carpet and some updated clean remodeling.
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
Katherine
"Downtown nostalgia"
Weekend getaway. Enjoyed dinner at the hotel restaurant and walking around downtown in the evening. Parking is adjacent to the hotel in a for-fee parking deck or metered on the street. Good luck with that!
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
"Ponce De Leon"
It is in a great location and has an outstanding restaurant called "Ceviche." The staff was also very friendly. I went for the FIVB/AVP Grand Slam Volleyball tournament and will look to return again next year...
1 night trip Jun 17, 2015
"Next Best Thing to Camping"
It's a shame that such a historical property located in a great area can be maintained at such a low standard. The only good thing about this hotel is the location. Don't stay here if you're away on a vacation looking for comfort. We got a queen room and stayed on the 5th floor. Request a lower floor if you don't want to wait 5 minutes for an elevator. Take the stairs! We had to have our fridge replaced and the replacement kept everything a cool 70 degrees, lol. Needless to say, don't put ANY perishables inside. You'll lose them like us. No place to hold soap in the showers so they place everything on the floor of all places. Our A/C was weird and left the room feeling cool but moist. We stayed here for the price and location. You get what you pay for here which isn't much. That's a good thing or can be bad. We won't be back.
3 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
The front desk staff was a little noisy and unprofessional the few times I walked through the area. The hotel needs some updating was a little disappointed by the photos during booking, didn't live up to those.
1 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
"I had a great time at the Ponce de Leon Hotel"
I enjoyed my stay. The staff was very courteous and professional.
2 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
william c
"Ponce de Leon---Just OK."
The Ponce de Leon was just OK. The room décor was dated. The television was maybe 21". The bathroom's hot water was troublesome. The front desk staff was excellent. If it were not for the location and price, I would not stay here again.
1 night business trip Jun 12, 2015
"Not a great experience"
Room air conditioning had 1 speed on the fan. The room was ridiculously hot and the a/c took forever to cool off. Really small TV. Mattress seems like it was the cheapest thing they could get at goodwill. Great location and the price was right, that's as good as it gets.
1 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
"Elegant ambiance."
We were looking for a clean, safe hotel. This hotel is exceptionally clean and safe. What I thoroughly loved was the European architecture, the style or swagger of the staff, the incredible neighborhood. This is the third time we've stayed at the Ponce de Leon, and we plan to return.
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
Martha
"Great hotel in downtown St. Pete"
I had a great stay at this hotel. The rooms were clean, unique and had a great location to all the best restaurants and bars downtown. I will deff book again!
1 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
Morgan
"One night stay, great courtepus staff"
My husband and I stayed for an evening because we had a wedding in town at another local hotel. We stayed at the Ponce, and were pleasantly surprised by the kind service, and comfy room. We would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Gina
"Disapointed"
Carpet frayed bugs in room
2 night family trip Apr 19, 2015
"st Petersburg"
The room was dirty and the accommodations were not what was expected we cancelled our reservation and stayed at the Hilton
2 night romance trip May 30, 2015
Donald
"quality of service"
the staff was wonderful, the restaurant service and food was great and the surrounding area had a lot to offer! we would stay again at the Ponce De Leon and will recommend it to others as well.
1 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Randy
"Title"
Worked out well. Small cleanly room.
3 night business trip May 26, 2015
"nothing out of the ordinary"
we were there for a greek entainers concert at mahaffey theater
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"great location"
Loved the location. Very historical. Hotel is almost 100 years old. So rooms are small. Bathrooms are small. But location, location, location, everything within walking distance. Beautiful place and very affordable.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
shawn
"Great Weekend Escape!"
I looked at this hotel because of it's location first, then the charm of the building..the proximity of the hotel to all of the museums, the waterfront, great restaurants and bars. A wonderfully walkable area full of great activities. The staff is helpful and pleasant and there is a late check-out for a small fee, which we utilized for our trip! The only disappointment was that the Flamenco Lounge was closed the night we stayed...that only means that we have to return! We had a great time.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
Lorraine
"Awesome Staff!"
The desk clerk when we checked in was one of the most amazing hotel employees I have ever encountered. He went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
Nice hotel. Located in the middle of everything. Great view. Bed was a little uncomfortable. I think the frame needed to be replaced. But didn't spoil the experience.
Other trip May 26, 2015
michael
"great location"
location of hotel for what we did was excellent. only bad part they had no parking. we had to pay $6
1 night trip May 22, 2015
richard
"Nice room in a great location."
The hotel location was great! The room was a bit small and so was the bathroom, but both were clean and the staff was very nice. I'd stay here again, it was a good price and perfect location.
1 night romance trip May 21, 2015
Kathryn
"In the heart of downtown St. Petersburg"
The room was very clean for an older, historic hotel. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Great location to several downtown spots. AC in room was super cold. The room was a bit small but not unexpected if you are a traveler and stay occasionally at older hotels or in large cities. The nightly rate was fantastic given the proximity to downtown locations and the water. I would definitely recommend this property to friends who are looking for a downtown location that does not break the budget.
1 night business trip May 18, 2015
Stephen
"A night in St. Petersburg"
We spent one night at this hotel. Room was small (to be expected in a historic hotel), bed was uncomfortable, bathroom sink was the smallest I've ever seen and difficult to get to. Location was great as we were able to walk to everything we wanted to see!
1 night romance trip May 18, 2015
"Good alternative in downtown St. Petersburg FL"
Charming lobby and great location for evening activities as well as convenient access to I-175 and Dali Museum. Room was average size but bath was small. Parking is the main drawback as there is no arrangement with City parking garage. Extra parking charges were not disclosed until we arrived.
Other trip May 16, 2015
"European Style Hotel"
While we anticipated that the room would be smaller, it turned out to be smaller than we had anticipated. Our travels have taught us that European hotels are similar in style, but we didn't put that together with its location in the U.S. Parking was another concern. We could park on the street or across the street in a garage. We were disappointed and won't stay there again.
Other trip May 14, 2015
"Great hotel for a weekend getaway"
Great looking hotel in a great location. The fact that it's a historical landmark in st pete and it is so close to all the downtown attractions was a huge plus. However, beds were a bit on the hard side and the rooms are decorated in a sort of neo-european style, which isnt ugly but it doesnt match the outside of the hotel. I was hoping for more old timey styling. But that's simply personal preference. The front desk people were friendly. The only way i wouldnt come back on my next visit is if i got a REALLY good deal on a room at the big name hotels near the marina.
1 night romance trip May 7, 2015
Nicholas
"Weekend getaway"
Great place to stay nice hotel & convenient to all places!
1 night trip with friends May 9, 2015
"Unique hotel close to everything"
The hotel staff was friendly helpful. The rooms were clean and had all the basic amenities that you need. The hotel was full of character as it is in an older building. It was close to all that St. Petersburg has to offer. We would stay there again.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Great downtown St Pete stay"
Staying in St Pete great downtown hotel Older but renovated and close to everything we needed. Shops & Restaurants Rooms are small but adequate Parking was 2 blocks away and very inexpensive Would stay again on next visit
1 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
ED
"Value for money!"
Excellent! Reception staff very helpful...room clean and bed comfy. Patio restaurant could not cope with number of customers at breakfast....service slow and portions very small.
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
Graham
"Historic Hotel by the Bay :))"
The ac unit the our room made some sort of a drip drip dripping sound all night and the rooms smelled a bit musty, but other than that, everything was fine. The hotel staff was friendly and the location was great, so all in all it was a good stay.
2 night family trip May 2, 2015
Dayli
"St. Petersburg weekend"
I went with my sister for 2 nights. We had read that there were bathrobes and there were not, that there was a kitchenette, there was not, that there was no safe and there was. There was a tiny fridge. No hangers in the closet. Shower was good but bathroom was small. Staff was friendly but not super efficient. The elevator broke at one point and the keys stopped working at one point. Both were fixed. Location was great and near everything.
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
"A 2-star hotel with a 4-star price."
This is a 2-star hotel with a 4-star price. Its location makes you pay for it.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Perfect gateway hotel"
A quaint hotel in the perfect location within walking distance to everything in the area. We enjoyed the stay very much.
2 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
craig
"Downtown St. Pete Old Hotel"
I chose the Ponce de Leon because of its close proximity to the Mahaffey Theater in downtown St.Pete. The hotel is very close to the theater and within walking distance to good restaurants. But, the hotel is old, dingy and needs updating. The bathroom is so small and when my husband stood in the shower the water shot at his chest...he had a very hard time washing his hair and he's only 5'10. The bed is small and very low to the ground. The hallway smells like musty mold. We just were not impressed and won't be back.
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Great spot"
Needed a place downtown for just one night after an evening on the town. Perfect location to the bars/restaurants on Central. Parking is available for $5 in a garage one block away as there is none at the hotel. I would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
"Thisclose to being great"
The good..LOCATION! Could not have been better! Room was clean, small, weird! There were weird "crevices" in the wall- they put a tv in it to hide it? And- the smallest tv I've ever seen- although we weren't there to watch tv. Shower was beautifully tiled, but again, weird! Shower doors opened like french doors- squeaked so bad I'm sure we rose the dead somewhere!. Tiniest bathroom sink I've ever seen- with a 10 watt bulb over it! Strange "desk" type of thing- looks like it was an old nightstand table they put wood over. Temp on AC was 54!!! We shut it off and opened the windows. (no screens or anything!) The hallway leading to the room was freezing as well. And, I swear there was a urinal in the hall...wish I took a picture of it. And..oh yeah,, the elevator broke- and we were on the SIXTH floor. My travel companion is not in good health, and could not walk the steps- so when we planned to rest for a bit before dinner, she couldn't go to the room. There was no compensation, or alternative given..."we are sold out" was the only answer given. Lastly- I don't need a full breakfast but coffee in the lobby would have been nice. We were told there was a Starbucks a few blocks away! This COULD be a great place- with a little attention to detail!
Other trip May 3, 2015
Felt like staying in a dorm room with a 19" TV. Blinds were broken, and the bathroom mirror was so small. No breakfast
Other trip May 3, 2015
"Dirty"
Dirty bathroom with toothpaste spittle on the sink faucet. Dirty bed covers with stains and food crust on the pillow covers. Bed springs felt through the mattress. Mattress so old it was coming apart on the side. Only stayed for one night, will never stay here again.
1 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
"Ponce de Leon never had this good."
Marco and another man were so helpful when we arrived. I took lots of pictures to send to friends. we plan to all return in the fall. The Ceviche restaurant was very good also.
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
SUSAN
"try the Hampton around the corner"
Room was old, bathroom was ancient, air conditioner loud and wall were thin...would not recommend.
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
Andrea
"Secret Getaways"
Great little hotel in a great location! Will use again!
2 night family trip Apr 28, 2015
Room was nice. I liked having a refrigerator. Location was perfect for the triathlon I was participating in. Walking distance to the venue and expo as well as to many restaurants. A bit noisy (street noise) though as I was trying to sleep at 9 pm but it was a Saturday night so I really couldn't expect silence. I found convenient on-street free parking.
Melinda
"Good location... but......"
Room was clean and in an excellent location. Nice Tapas restaurant downstairs. Downsides... Even though hotel not full, told us we may have to change rooms for our second night's booking. (Did not turn out to be the case and actually gave us a room overlooking bay for both nights.) They insisted on check in no earlier than 3, whether or not room was ready and a couple of hours late check out required large fee. Did not find a customer friendly attitude with 3 out of 4 employees at front desk. Very tiny bathroom in room. 1 very small and slow elevator in hotel. Ice located only on 2nd floor. Found 2 housekeeping staff laying on one of the clean rooms.
Ana
"Comfortable stay"
No problems. It was a easy and comfortable stay!
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"St. Anthony't triathlon 2015"
Hotel was good overall except the bed seemed to sink in the middle and the AC was loud.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Extremely friendly staff, great service."
Love this hotel, they take good care of you. Clean rooms, great location.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Great staff. Very helpful. Good location"
The staff at Ponce De Leon Hotel were terrific! Personable, accommodating and informative. This is an older facility that is updated, comfortable and clean. Our room had a couch and a full size bed which was just what we needed.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015