All hotels in St. Petersburg, Florida, United States of America
95 Central Ave, St. Petersburg, FL, 33701, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Uncomfortable
    Bad breakfast
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Sweet suite"
There were three of us. We really appreciated the two room suite. Small but great for one night and more cost-effective than two separate rooms. Walking distance to Tropicana field with several cool bars on the way (and way back). We are going to make it an annual event when the Yankees are in town.
1 night family trip Sep 14, 2015
"Nice little place for a week me getaway"
All in all this is a nice, historic hotel in a great location in downtown St Pete. Rooms were quaint and kind of Art Deco/studio apartment feel. Only down side was the window blinds weren't very blocking of light so room was pretty bright day and night. Sounds travelled between rooms, but not unbearable. I would stay here again, and liked our room in general, but saw some other rooms with doors open and thought were a little nicer in terms of window dressings, etc, so would ask for a little better room next time.
3 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
"Pleasant time in St. Pete"
This was my second time at this hotel. The location is perfect: near shops, restaurants, three museums and the marina. Room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Staff was helpful. It's a boutique hotel in an old building, but has lots of charm. Breakfast at Ceviche on the first floor was delicious and relaxing.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2015
Roi
"Birthday night"
Great night out in St Pete for my girls birthday!!!
1 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2015
A very nice boutique hotel, perfectly located next to all the sights. The staff was extra friendly, courteous, and helpful. The room smelled a little musty, but I expected that from and old building and that did not detract from the experience one bit. Some people feel parking is inconvenient, however, there is ample parking cadi-corner and across the street. Also - parking is free @ the meters over the weekend....and there are plenty of places to find free parking.
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
MICHAEL
"Cute hotel and great location!!"
The hotel was so conveniently located for what we wanted. The free baseball shuttle and the bars and restaurants in the area. The hotel had cheap parking and provided great customer service. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to stay again.
1 night trip with friends Sep 11, 2015
Bathroom shower stall doors came completely apart, mattress was not comfortable, there was an old toothpaste tube cap stuck down in the sink drain, room was much smaller than I expected.
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
"Nice mini vacation!"
Had a great getaway and mini vacation. Close to the bay for a sunrise and walking distant to dali art museum.
3 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
Barrett
The only complaint was I was not aware there was not a parking lot for the hotel and had to pay to park in a garage
1 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2015
I will be back!
1 night trip Sep 5, 2015
Nice room the only thing is that the room floor felt dirty and the bed skirt looked dirty too as well as the sofa in the room could see grease fingerprints. No bed bugs which is nice
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
carla
"Walk around the ocean"
My experience was terrible, never before I visited the hotel with those conditions and the price is too high, the sink was cloged, not hot water in the shower.
Other trip Sep 6, 2015
Ken
"Tropical get away"
Quick stay was greeted well, clean room, boutique hotel
1 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
We wouldn't stay there again. The room was super small and the television even smaller. There was no dresser or anywhere to put your clothes unless you hung them - hanging underwear is a little odd. Bed wasn't comfy and there was no art or decoration. The lobby was beautiful but that was misleading.
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
Jean
Everything was very nice about the hotel. I was having hair issues with a rubber band that wouldn't come out that the woman at the front desk helped me with and they even called me back to confirm I didn't leave my new bracelet there. We loved it!
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
Cristina
"AC"
The ac in the hall was out, and the room didn't have a very powerful ac, took a long time for the room to cool. Also the placement of the coffee maker was weird. Had to move it in order for it to reach a plug in. Overall not horrible, good place to crash for quick sleep.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
"Antique Style"
Hallway remind me of a scary movie. This hotel is perfect if this is your style just not a good fit for me. Emergency Exits were not clear I felt closed in. No free parking
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
"Nice One Night Stay"
This was a brief overnight stay for my husband and I after taking our son to college. The location of the hotel is perfect, we could walk to all the great downtown spots and we could see the marina from our room. The bathroom is small and I really cannot comment on service as we did not ask for anything or need anything. It was kind of nice to receive a door key instead of a credit card key. I was concerned about the very firm mattress but it was the best night sleep my husband and I have had.
1 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
Juel
"never again"
Stayed for my daughter attending USF and for $140 a night and no breakfast is just not right. The bathroom was so small you cant close the door if your at the sink. Smells musty and very uncomfortable. Elevator took forever and of course we were on the 6th floor. Plus they use actual keys for the locks lol never again would I stay there
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Theresa
"I love this Hotel!"
This is the second time we stayed at the Ponce De Leon. We love that it is an older hotel that has been renovated yet keeping its charm.It is right in the middle of all the best downtown action. The staff is friendly, courteous and efficient... what more can you ask! The hotel restaurant is awesome! You have to try it for brunch, dinner and the downstairs night life... quite an experience. You will get a great downtown urban experience.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"Bad"
Really bad! The mattresss was at least5 years old! The TV was like 19inches no fun whatsoever!
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
victor
"Great area but spend more $ for a better place"
We loved the area. The room was small which we knew going in to the stay. It was REALLY small. The bathroom was the so small. There were no shelves. You had to leave soap on the shower floor which is odd. I found hair in the bathroom and bed which was not mine. The room was quiet. Reception was kind and helpful.
3 night romance trip Aug 12, 2015
"Bait and Switch Hotel. Be careful!"
I booked this hotel twice now and both times they provided a different room than what was booked through hotels.com. The first time they were able to correct the error but this past weekend I show up, was given a different room, and because they were entirely booked, was forced to stay in the cheaper room FOR THE SAME PRICE AS THEIR SUITE/STUDIO.
3 night business trip Aug 13, 2015
"Rays game."
Nice, classic. old hotel. Parking is a bit inconvenient.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2015
Douglas
Not a hotel for anyone on vacation. More for young people if they are they're for a party weekend looking for a cheap place to stay.. It has not been updated in a very long time and rooms and beds looked pretty bad. A/C was a wall unit not turned on when we looked in our room and that caused an odor in the room. Frankly, we did not stay in the hotel that night. Booked another room elsewhere.... Also there is no parking, you had to pay at a public garage down the block. Also in valet !
1 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
"Prime Location!"
Parking could have been easier, but everything else was great!
1 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2015
"Nice Room, But Not as Advertised."
The hotel was nice, however, the "2 Queen Bed Suite" is a bit of a misnomer. While there ARE 2 beds, one is a regular sized bed and one is a Murphy bed. Also, the shower and the toilet are in the same physical space, literally next to each other without any separation.
1 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2015
"Great Location but Lacking in Other Areas"
Hotel was conveniently located. The room was ok, but not the cleanest. The bathroom had mold and hair. The front desk staff continued a private conversation when I was passing through, some of which was NOT appropriate for little ears. The restaurant, Civieche, was wonderful and the only thing I would highly recommend.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Dawn
"quaint , well appointed renovated classic hotel"
The room was small but adequate as I was traveling alone. The refrigerator was great and staff helpful. The bath room was small but there was a desk/dressing table in the bedroom as an alternate. Nice furnishings.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"Good value boutique hotel."
My brother and I stayed overnight to watch a Rays game. Good rate. Nice location. Clean. Definitely properly described as a boutique hotel. It's an older building. Felt like I was in Europe.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"Charming hotel"
nice charming hotel in a great location. We spend a weekend here to watch a rays baseball game. hotel was nice, connected to a good restaurant Ceviche, near free shuttle to game, close to downtown bars but quiet street. room was clean. mattress could have been more comfy but for price this hotel is a good value. doesn't offer parking but there are off street options as well as a parking garage nearby with cheap all day passes.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
"Great for romantic weekend downtown."
Nice place, nice staff, good room. Only complaint would be bad/low water pressure in the shower, but it is an old building, so...
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
The Ponce is one of our favorite quant hotels to stay at while we're downtown.
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2015
jennifer
"Good but needs front desk girls improvement."
good location. No restaurant, but next door and excellent rest. front desk morning girls, very arrogants, not worth to get into a logical conversation with this two.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Raul
"Spend your time elsewhere"
The room was adequate but something I might expect of a hostel, not a "boutique hotel" in downtown St. Petersburg. Although the staff was friendly, the building is in need of serious updates, especially something to cut the noise from the hallway. I could hear every single thing my neighbors were saying or doing. Also, when a hotel advertises a fold away bed, I do not expect the cheapest, most uncomfortable futon fold down. I would not stay here again.
2 night trip Jul 31, 2015
"Nice Boutique Hotel in a Great Location"
This was a nice boutique hotel with a great location and decent price. The rooms are not big and have small TV's, but for the purpose of our trip it was just fine. The room was clean and staff were nice.
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
"great stay-cation in st pete!"
I live close by to St. Pete, and had a few friends visiting for the weekend so decided to book a hotel downtown for a night. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was being as it was so cheap for the night and in prime location! you can tell its an old hotel, but its had good upkeep. Its decorated nicely and is very trendy and chic!
Response by Ponce De Leon Hotel
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your weekend visit. We hope to see you again and do appreciate your visit with us. Have a beautiful day.
Rachael
It was clean and quite, friendly staff and close to everywhere in walking distance.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Excellent stay. Wonderful value."
I frequent this hotel often however this is the first time I have submitted a review. This hotel is perfectly situated downtown near excellent night life, restaurants and shopping. Marco and Ivana at the front desk are always friendly and welcoming. This is definitely my "go to/stay place" when visiting St. Petersburg
Response by Ponce De Leon Hotel
We thank you for frequently staying with us here at the Ponce De Leon Hotel and look forward to your return. Have a perfect day.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Rod
"Disappointed!!"
This hotel needs a complete renovation. Very old furnishings. No luggage valet, No dresser draws. Rickety closet bathroom sink was in the sleeping area, the mattress and pillows were soft and terrible. Bathtub was clean, but drain was rusty. No amenities such as a clock, tissues, horrible lamp. Lighting was inefficient. I will say the staff was friendly and helpful but the only thing going for this hotel is their location. Close to everything and the Tapas restaurant attached to this hotel was fabulous!
2 night trip with friends Jul 28, 2015
marilyn
"Weekend trip"
Was a good stay for the price
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
"This place was a disappointment"
The hotel is very historic. The room I stayed in was very small with an A/C unit in the wall like an old motel. It was loud at times however kept the room cool. The bathroom was small but it did have a walk in shower that was comfortable to be in. There was a small TV in the room with many channels to watch. The comforter and pillow shams smelled like they needed to be washed. The maid went into our room as we were checking out and she didn't take the comforter or shams off of the bed. Only the sheets. I would have rather stayed at the Hampton Inn next door. I would not stay at this hotel again.
1 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
Camille
"Nice centric hotel, steps from Downtown St. Pete."
Great location, great staff. It has a really good restaurant. It has no parking but it's across the street from a really affordable parking garage. Best location, it's my only option when staying in St. Pete.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
Juan
"Hotel is older, but clean and comfortable."
The hotel is an older one. It has character. We found it both clean and comfortable. The restaurant breakfast was very good at a reasonable price.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
"Break away from the big chains getaway"
For the price we were blown away at how clean and fresh the whole place was. Bamboo wood floors in our room were an expected treat, no smelly carpert. The decor was fantastic throughout. Walking distance to just about everything. Hotel restaurant was delicious. I will highly recommend to anyone looking for a pleasant stay in St Petersburg.
Response by Ponce De Leon Hotel
We so appreciate your patronage staying with us and do hope to see you again. Best Regards, have a wonderful week.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
Alan
"Weekend getaway in downtown St. Pete"
Second time we have stayed here. Great location, price, very friendly staff, and clean rooms. Love the decor in the rooms as well!
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Alexandra
"Small rooms, but overall not a bad stay"
Loved how close it is to Tropicana Field and various restaurants/bars. Loved the baseball shuttle, and was grateful for the friendly service from the front desk. The elevator is super slow, though, and the room is small, but for one or two nights it's not so bad. Would consider again next time I come into town for a game.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2015
"Rays baseball trip."
Hotel was really cool. Great location for restaurants and night life.
1 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2015
"Ok for this trip, but won't stay here again"
The boutique style of the hotel was nice and the location to all of the major nightlife in the St. Petersburg area was the best thing about our stay here. Unfortunately, there were a few hiccups. When we arrived and we're looking through the room's hotel services booklet, we read that there was breakfast provided. So, our first morning we went downstairs and asked where breakfast was served and the hotel staff said breakfast is not included in your stay. When I told her that their room services booklet says that it is included, she said that is old and they forgot to remove it. Additionally, I initially booked the room on my credit card. However, when we arrived at the hotel I asked to change the card on file to a debit card, which they did. Upon our departure, I asked the hotel staff to double check that the card they were going to run the transaction on was in fact my debit card and not my credit card. They confirmed the debit card information. However, the hotel made the transaction for our stay on my credit card, and not the debit card that I requested them to use. We enjoyed our stay well enough, thanks to the ease of location, but will not be staying here again.
5 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
Honnah
"Smelly and dirty but great location"
The hotel itself is in a perfect location, in the heart of everything. BUT!!! The second you step in the elevator, IT hits you...the SMELL!! There is a horrible moldy, wet carpet smell that is in the elevator and the room. All our clothes smelled and it's so bad it is nauseating! The bathroom was dirty. The shower knobs, floor and walls were covered in some kind of mildewy slime. Had to shower with flip flops and even the shower head was covered in brown gunk! Really gross and makes you feel dirtier then before you took the shower. Very unfortunate because the lobby and room (though old looking) had charm and a cute style. The bed was another issue, was very uncomfortable and lumpy. The headboard and 2 pillows had different hairs and some old white crusty stains. Threw them on the floor and didn't use. The place would be great if they actually kept it clean. Didn't even mind the smallness of the room or bathroom. They just really need to clean and use air freshness (if they can't get rid of the smell). All floors are hardwood so the damp, moldy, wet dog/carpet smell in the room is unexplainable. Wanted a place in the heart of downtown to walk around and not drive, for this it's great. Oh and parking, well there is none. You pay to park either on the street and then have to move it in the morning or pay to park in a shared garage on the next block. Usually I don't write reviews but that smell and dirty bathroom, were just unforgivable.
2 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015