All hotels in Santa Rosa, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2632 Cleveland Ave, Santa Rosa, CA, 95403, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.9
    2.8
    2.6
"Saving some money in expensive Santa Rosa"
In summer, prices here go out the window, so the Vagabond Inn becomes a steal. Rooms are small and a bit cramped, no fridge, no microwave. The staff consists of one guy and the maids. They were helpful, but forgot our towels on the last day. The pool is small but clean, and our grandkids enjoyed it. So, you get what you pay for.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
"Terrible night - beware"
My first review was not posted because it was too descriptive. Here are the facts: (1) our bathroom had not been completely cleaned from the previous guest who had clearly been sick in there; (2) the bed/pillows were very uncomfortable; (3) the hotel is very noisy - you can hear everything in the hallway; (4) a fight broke out at 3am forcing us to call the police who came and removed our neighbors in handcuffs; (5) we checked out early with a full refund.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Not great- but it worked for one night"
The staff was great, but it's hard to overcome a bad lactation and old facility. Our room was old with quirky bathroom and makeshift closet. The sliding glass door was broken and repaired poorly. Loud guests and freeway made for a rough nights sleep.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Modest hotel in an expensive place"
The hotel was in close proximity to shopping and the freeway. Staff were nice and accommodating. The room was clean. The Vagabond Hotel I a reasonably priced hotel in a city of expensive lodging making it a good place foran extended stay.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Theresa
Never would stay here again....the toilet seat was disgusting. The room was so small we could barely move around.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was always nice. Did not like the police being there every night. Overall is was very nice and we will visit again.
7 night business trip Jul 11, 2014
BLL Assoc
"Great for a economic value"
The motel wasn't luxurious but clean, comfortable and a great deal.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Just plain underwhelming"
Noisy, dirty motel next to the highway. On the plus side, it's near downtown.
Patrick
"Good Price - Fair Location"
The price was good and location was fine. The room was clean and service was good. Given the price it is a pretty decent deal.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
"Smoke intolerable"
This is an older property that has some new paint and was mostly clean (but bring your slippers, we didn't trust the carpet). We arrived late in the evening and were given a no smoking room that reeked of smoke. Unfortunately, in this area on the weekend in July, you'll pay more for a room like this than you'd want to for a three star. Plan early to be able to avoid needing this level of accommodation. We hope never to be here again.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
"Disliked this Hotel"
Called front desk for towels, was told I had to go to the front desk to pick them up myself. Front Desk Clerk, asked me to provide my room number when I walked in the next day even though he was right next to me when I checked in the night before. Just found the experience to be not so great. Carpet was stained in my room and the vents are not working in the bathroom. Would just spend the extra money to find a place a nicer place if I was you.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
B
"Close to our destination"
We attended an Aikido seminar this weekend. This location was very close to the dojo. I didn't realize how much I rely on wi-fi until we are without it, and the hotel does not offer it. The room was clean, and one of those somewhat bizarre sink outside of the toilet / bathtub layouts, where washing hands at night is challenging because the light will wake everyone up. The pool looked lovely, and we didn't take advantage of it. We enjoyed the yogurt on Sunday morning, and would have enjoyed it Saturday morning it if had been provided.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Bathroom space inadequate. No room to set up toiletries with a 2-year-old with us. Air conditioner was very noisy and didn't keep the room consistently comfortable.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Stay next door at the motel 6 instead"
Shower didn't work. Room was expensive for the quality
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
bill
"close to my daughter's house and TJ Max"
We were very disappointed in this hotel. The carpets were dirty, the rooms were small with very dated decor. Halls and stairs were filthy. Sheets practically threadbare, bed saggy.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
marci
"Great for a quick stay"
This is exactly what I thought I was getting for the price. One night stay before an event in Santa Rosa the following morning. Nothing fancy, nothing bad.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
JS
"Very outdated motel"
This motel needs an interior renovation job badly. It's like time is frozen in the 70s and everything is so worn out. If it were super cheap, then you get what you pay for. It's definitely not worth $128 a night. Perhaps it's a busy Sat night that demands a premium.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"For my son"
I paid for two nights for my son to stay there he said it wasn't a great place. But I chose it because it was the least expensive.
2 night trip Jul 2, 2014
bryanp354
"tired dump"
do you like dirty carpets.old matresses,and way over priiced rooms?
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
fred
"Motels for work"
Everything was what I hoped. Close to job and other services I needed
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Sierra Building
"Close to mall gas station, Whole Foods nice area!"
It was great. Our room with King bed & balcony was available like reserved. We slept well, we had a mini refrig that kept our groceries cold, microwave, coffee maker & tv. I was comfortable. For the price, I would definitely go back.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Mrs. M. Carter
"Everything is out of date"
A/c didn't work right, only got 4 channels on the tv, shower pressure wasn't there either. Horrible hotel
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
stass
"Only option available.....overpriced for its condi"
Hotel staff very pleasant and accommodating, they were able to get a room clean so we could check-in early (although when I called to ask for the room early, I was promised it would be available when we arrived. When we arrived, we were told there was only one room available and he almost gave it away to someone else. Probably would have been better if he hadn't mentioned that). Room was clean enough. Bathroom - fan didnt work, water pressure in shower was a little low and 1/3 of the water came out of the faucet instead of the shower head. Hallway carpeting in very poor condition, stained Alot of noise outside the room caused disturbance - we were woken up every time someone closed their door our used the doors at end of hall to leave the building. Hotel staff woke us up at 7:30am by talking very loudly outside our door as they were yelling to someone at the end of the hallway. Pretty discourteous. Continental breakfast - poor selection, we chose not to eat there
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
W
"Race weekend in Sonoma"
Sadly, there weren't many hotel choices left in Santa Rosa and the surrounding area; and though I had read the reviews, I booked here thinking it couldn't have been "that bad." It was. It was the condition and lack of cleanliness of the room that is our biggest complaint. The chair by the window was maroon, but the arms of the chair were black. Carpeting was filthy in the room and in the indoor hallways. We have no other comments because as soon as we awoke in the morning, we left. If this is a "chain hotel," evidently the parent company isn't checking in much!
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
vickicampy
Staff was extremely pleasant! Landscaping was better than the hotel. The hotel needs to be updated. It was clean but had an old feeling to it. For the rate, it should be updated!
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
T
"Comfortable and affordable accommodations,"
The Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa was a very pleasant experience. The room was comfortable, the pricing was reasonable. The pool was a little cold, but the kids didn't mind. The breakfast was satisfying without being overdone. There was a restaurant next door where the dinner was great. A lot of locals eat there and the staff is quite busy. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Was not the best room"
I requested an early check in when I booked the room. I called the day before and said we would be arriving between 11-12 and it was fine with them. We didn't show up until 1 and the room was not ready. We were staying for the country summer festival at the fairgrounds. So checked in later that night after the show. We reserved a queen room. The bed was not a queen it was at most a double. I have a queen at home and my bf an I have no problem, however this bed was small. The hotel was musty and had a funny odor in the hallway. We got into our room and of course pulled the top blanket off and pulled the regular blanket and top sheet back. There was some brown stuff that looked like someone wiped on the fitted sheet. Good thing we brought our own pillows and blanket. We were not touching that. The air conditioner worked ok, but the room got extremely hot that night for some reason. The window only opened about 6 inches or so to try and get some air circulating. The fan in the bathroom did not work either and that was horrible for shower and restroom time. The night time worker was really great, however the day times ones not so helpful. We also had no ice bucket in our room. We made do with using a grocery bag we had. I would not stay in this hotel again, it needs to be cleaned much better and change the sheets.
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2014
Lady Luck
"GREAT HOTEL!!!!"
Stayed there for a full week. Staff was wonderful, hard workers, very pleasant, they fulfilled my diva requests very quickly lol! (Extra hangers, etc.) The front desk manager is a sweetheart! The room was extremely clean (I'm a clean freak!). Maid service was top notch. Bed was soooo comfy (I'm very picky). Beautiful pool and courtyard. They provide a good breakfast at no charge. The best part is the price! Very cheap for a hotel like this in Santa Rosa!!! They really deserve a higher rating. Thank you for such a great stay! See you next year!!!
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
The Sloan's
"Moths, smoke, seedy characters oh my!"
I checked into the hotel after a long 7-hr drive down Hwy 101, and the receptionist didn't seem too enthused about providing service. Upon entering the room, I noticed it was smoky. There were cigarette burns all over the carpet. The white paint on the toilet seat was all rubbed off--come on people--a replacement seat costs $7! The shower head was not screwed on completely so most of the water trickled down the backside of the shower head leaving little spray for a shower. What else? Oh there are no screens on the windows so I escorted a large moth from the bathroom back out the window. The TV did not have the history channel but I can forgive that one! Overall, thumbs down--sorry.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
Meeting Planner
"Great Pool Area"
Overall we had a pleasant one night stay. We loved the enclosed pool area where we had a very quiet and relaxed afternoon after a hard days drive. The room was clean and comfortable, but a bit cramped even though it was described as a "Premium" king room. I'd hate to see what a standard room is like. Breakfast was minimal, suggest you spend a little money and eat at Sam's Cafe right outside the front entrance.
1 night trip Jun 11, 2014
RoadTripBill
"Surprise visitors in room at 2 A.M."
3 o'clock man took almost 25 minutes to book me in.When we arrived they gave us a room with no coffee maker, no refregerator, no microwave even though the advertise AND I requested same. THE SURPRISE CAME AT 2 A.M. WHEN A FAMILY ENTERED THE ROOM WITH A KEY!! THE NIGHT MAN WAS VERY NICE. I have stayed there before a few years back with another person booking room. It was ok. I thHotels.com or the hotel owew me a night as after my vistors I didn't sleep.ink
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"DON'T STAY HERE!"
We stayed at this hotel for Father's Day weekend...huge mistake! The carpet was filthy throughout the hotel. When I brought to the staffs attention that the internet wasn't working, the attendant said that he'd look into it. The doors to the hotel didn't work, our television was extremely old and after the first day, our key to our room didn't work. The internet says that they have access to a gym; they don't. The staff was very rude. I didn't read the reviews, but I urge you to not make the same mistake that we made...don't stay here!
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Good value in Santa Rosa"
Pool area very nice. Rooms spacious and clean but need updating. Nice to have Fridge and microwave. Close to freeway so a bit noisy but very convenient to central Santa Rosa attractions. Great cafe on premises
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Dean
"nice upgrade from a smelly room"
The first room we were supposed to have was too smelly and we wanted our money back but they offered us an upgrade to a nicer room and it was clean enough and didn't smell. The breakfast was adequate and the pool was nice and clean.
1 night trip Jun 10, 2014
artist
"Close to Where I needed to be"
The hotel room was clean enough but the hallway carpets were filthy, basic amenities, etc. The pool area was nice but it never seemed to be serviced. Dirty towels were left strewn about overnight. Also the continental breakfast was pretty sparse; just some sweet rolls, bagels/english muffins and cereal and the room was not tended to while we were there (much like the pool area). When I walked into the room there was trash upon a table and when I left it remained even though the front desk staff had come in twice to get himself some coffee. It was as if it was of no importance to him. We were there for a few nights and it was the same way every morning. Not a horrible experience but definitely nothing to write home about.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
Jean
We were on a business trip and had worked until 4 AM We had to leave by 7AM we were only asking for 3 hours of comfort and rest. As a nonsmoker this smoking room was terrible. If we had been in a nonsmoking room it would have been satisfactory.
1 night trip May 18, 2014
Vagabound
I booked this place for my daughter who was traveling north to Oregon. About 2:00 in the morning, 2 young men started pounding on her door and wanted her to come out. She was scared to death. She call me in morning to let me know what happened. I told her to let the management know what happen and if they could do something and she was told there was nothing they could do. Unbelievable. She should have called them as soon as possible but was to upset. I am going to let their main corporation office aware of what happen. I can't believe they wouldn't confront these people since she pointed them out and they knew who they were. Never again will I recommend this place
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
"Staff was rude"
Took over an hour to check in. They said they did not have the reservation and it went on from there. Staff was extremely rude. All Bad! Never have anyone stay there again
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Meets basic needs"
Since I wasn't planning on spending all day in the hotel room, it was just fine. I liked that the sink is separate from the toilet and shower which is practical when more than one person stays there. Breakfast is mediocre at best - toast, pastries, juices, coffee, tea, 2 dry cereals, instant hot cereals and bananas and apples. There was no fruit at all on one of the 4 days I stayed there. The A/C makes a lot of noise but keeps the temperature where you want it. Someone tried to call me and was told I wasn't staying there but otherwise service was fine. Pool isn't heated but there is a pool! They have a security patrol in the parking lot which is good. Location is right off the freeway which can be convenient depending on where you're going. If your room faces the pool, you probably hear the freeway noise. For the price, it was fine
1 night trip May 26, 2014
"Motel 6 is better"
We had check about our dog and we were told that pets were ok. We had to down grad to two full sized beds instead of one queen sized bed. We won't be back
Other trip May 30, 2014
"Good for the price"
Hotel staff were really helpful, answered questions and got us checked in quickly. The interior of the hotel is a bit rundown but feels secure. Our room was surprisingly nice given the condition of the interior halls. Room was clean and basic, which is what we expected. Breakfast was pretty basic but filling - english muffins, cereal and juice. Overall for the price and location we were pleased and would stay here again.
Other trip May 28, 2014
Sherry
"Close to all our needs"
Our family enjoyed the quiet room on the third floor. Standard pillows (but I bring my own whenever I travel) . The front desk staff had a pleasant sense of humor. The breakfast area is clean and efficient for a family on the go. I like to walk in the mornings when we travel and the manmade creek adds to the appearance of the Inn. We were 15 minutes from downtown and the plaza. The area is safe, fun. The pool was clean and tepid, despite the chilled late air. Looking forward to going back to the Vagabond Inn in Santa Rosa.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
The Buchanans
Front desk said I reserved a king bed when I reserved 2 double beds. Room was suppose to have a microwave and fridge. These items were not in the room. The hotel was suppose to be a non smoking hotel but the person in the room next to us was constantly smoking. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and would take them off the hotels.com website since nobody should stay in the dirty place. If I was able to get a refund for my room, I would have not stayed in this horrible place.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Near wineries"
Not the best place but ok for an overnight stay. Not the cleanest and some sketchy people around.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"just okay. Hole in bathroom door needs fixed."
It was okay. I would have liked to have a computer available to get a boarding pass for the plane.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Disappointing - won't stay again"
We were moving our daughter to the area and the Vagabond was convenient. Big mistake. Checked in late, computers were down. We had reserved a room with two beds and carried our suitcases up to the 3rd floor where we found a room with only one bed. Back to the lobby to be reassigned to another room, all the while a variety of men wandering around and we didn't feel very safe. AS we checked out, the police arrived to deal with a very loud dispute in the lobby. And we had a lot of traffic noise from the 101 fwy. We won't stay again, there are other places to stay when we visit the area.
Sandi
"Convenient Hotel for Race Weekend"
Spent one night at this hotel during what was obviously a busy weekend in Wine Country. I was participating in a half marathon the next day, so getting a good night sleep was important. Pleasantly surprised based on the price I paid for hotel.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Alan
"Disappointed."
I have stayed in Vagabond hotels in other cities, and had good experiences. unfortunately I cannot say the same about this hotel. it looks they are trying to cut corners (even the continental breakfast left much to be desired).
Other trip May 19, 2014
Went to check in and they didn't have my reservation. The one day requested for house keeping they took forever to get pillow cases back. Room was clean at least and spacious.
4 night trip May 12, 2014
"parking not saFe"
First night my back window shattered and 2 professianal digital cameras stolen and adtl. Photo equipment. vagabond excepted no responsibility.
4 night business trip May 5, 2014