All hotels in Santa Rosa, California, United States of America
2632 Cleveland Ave, Santa Rosa, CA, 95403, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.8
    2.6
"Room Maintenance very poor"
House keeping had steam cleaned carpets then rented out the room with the carpets quite wet and the room very musty and window closed to vent the room. Inn is old and not well maintained.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"Comfortable"
Nice clean rooms very comfortable and modern for the most part I would suggest if I'm paying 80 bucks a night to have a bigger tv and it to be a flat screen. But I give this place a 9 out of 10 like I said very comfortable just I would expect a better breakfast n flat screens
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Jesse
"HORRIBLE"
Horrible front service! Smelly tiny room, lame breakfast.
1 night family trip Sep 13, 2014
"Barely in Fair condition"
This was a last minute booking so I could not be terribly picky. The photos do NOT look like the actual hotel at all. My non - smoking room reaked so badly of smoke it did tell the front desk. Did not offer to move me rooms though. Cleaning staff muat have known as the window was wide open when I checked in, hoping to disapate the smoke smell. Yeah, it sisnt work. Front deak guy who checked me in was nice though.
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
Brandy
"All ok. Excellent location."
Wonderful location: only 3 blocks to Macy's, Whole Foods, Target and much more! Location to freeway too close: you can hear freeway noise! Swimming pool was clean, nice.
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2014
Sharon E.
"Yet another roadside hotel - actually not bad"
Well maintained and good looking hotel, good value for money. A bit too far from the downtown.
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
Max
"Murder~ made it interesting"
Decent~ as cheap as this area gets~ hotel. Happened to have something go down while we stayed...5 or 6 cop cars blocked drive way & sent us away. We can't go to rooms...we got in later & all seemed well.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
S
"Affordable hotel in an otherwise expensive area"
I knew this was a 2-star property when I reserved it, so I didn't expect much. And that's exactly what I got. This is hotel is very old. Could really use a sprucing up. Corridors are very dark, stairwells are bleak, concrete steps. We were there for only one night, did not use wi-fi, nor did we use the pool. We asked about breakfast, and it's a Continental breakfast (bagels, danish, fruit, juice, coffee). Decided to go to the excellent Sam's For Play cafe right next door instead. The layout of the room is curious. There is a gigantic, old, tube TV that gets about 10 channels. The sink is IMMEDIATELY inside the door. Seriously. You open the door, sink is RIGHT THERE. Shower/toilet area is OK, small. There is no built in closet, instead there is a wardrobe that looks like it came from IKEA. There is a coffee maker, microwave, and dorm-style refrigerator, none of which we used. Soundproofing is non-existent. We could hear our very, ahem, 'boisterous' neighbors clearly through the walls.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"clean and inexpensive"
Front desk was very helpful and my room was clean
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2014
james
"Clean, basic hotel for the SR marathon"
We stayed at the Vagabond Inn, a bit north of Santa Rosa, to attend the marathon there. Hard to find a hotel then, and this one was available at one of the lower rates. We had a clean, basic room with fridge. It was perfect for our needs for 2 nights. Friendly reception staff, comfortable beds, good parking, easy to get to Santa Rosa and access restaurants and the event with a car. Even close to a host of wineries! They had a small, clean pool--good for a dunk, not laps.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Louise R
"It's a Vagabond for Christ's sake!!"
If you want the 4 Season's then don't stay here but if you want a clean, safe hotel with friendly staff then you got it here. The decor is very outdated but it is clean. I stayed here for the Santa Rosa Marathon, I just needed a place to sleep, I wasn't looking for luxury. They had a pool that I saw people enjoying. My room was small but I had a queen size bed, fridge and microwave. Wish they had a coffee make but no biggie. Free WiFi. The staff was friendly and accommodating when I asked for a late checkout. The night I stayed we had a 6.0 earthquake. The hotel didn't collapse so that is good. We lost power but that is bc the utility pole outside blew. I do think the hotel staff should have walked the halls making sure everyone was ok but like I said, the hotel didn't have any damage that I could see. I ended up packing my things via cell phone light and left at 4:30 am, no sense in sitting in a dark hotel when I had to be up that early anyway. My only real complaint was that I thought it was way to much $$. $143 after taxes for 1 night. Rip-off.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Will never stay there again."
The room smelled like old cigarette smoke in a nonsmoking room. All our clothes smelled bad also from this terrible odor. Could not open the window to get fresh air because there was no screen on the window. The mattresses were terrible with no support and was like sleeping on a big banana. Seem like a motel turned into a homeless shelter.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"So-So"
Effort was taken to make the stay nice, but that can only go so far. It was not a really bad experience, but I didn't feel that the value was worth the cost.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
MRCTeri
"Not as good as i expected"
I was expecting it to be better for the amount of money payed. Ive stayed in motel 6 and its way better and nicer and more luxury than this one
"Decent hotel"
The hotel seemed clean and decent. The beds were a little hard. I was surprised that the sink was right by the front door.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Everything was fair -- except I asked for a room with a Queen Bed and we got two doubles -- that was disappointing and the Manager said it was Expedia's fault . There morning continental breakfast was a joke. You don't get much for your money any more !!!
"Good for the price"
Great location and clean rooms, but very slow Wifi and extremely disappointing breakfasts.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
hotel was horrible. would not recomend . dirty , smelled ,
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Adequate; convenient to downtown"
Nothing fancy here, actually quite minimalist, but decent enough for a one-night stay that doesn't break the budget. I had to ask for a towel (and so glad I noticed before getting in the shower), but found the front desk staff to be very courteous and helpful.
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2014
"Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa BAIT AND SWITCH."
August 9, 2014 Reservation. I travel to the Santa Rosa CA area frequently for business on the weekends. I always book in advance since this area routinely fills all available motel rooms. I booked a room at the Santa Rosa Vagabond Inn on expedia. When I arrived to check-in at first they said they couldn't find my reservation. Then a senior desk person was called up and said he found my reservation but their was a problem with it and they would not honor it even though I showed them on my phone the conformation and had called expedia to confirm it, which they did. During all this I could hear them telling people on the phone and over the counter they only had 2, then 1 room left. They then told me I could rent the last room but only at full price. I did not want to spend my evening in my car or searching for another room that may not exist so I booked the room. Later when I called expedia they again confirmed my reservation. Then they actually called the motel and couldn't get a straight answer out of the staff. So, even though it was a non refundable reservation expedia refunded the amount expedia charged my credit card, Leaving me still having paid full price directly to the Vagabond Inn, Santa Rosa. So basically the Vagabond in is letting people book discounted reservations on expedia to get people to their hotel then not honoring those reservations so that they can leave you with no other option to either pay their full price or go searching the day of your reservation
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
"Saving some money in expensive Santa Rosa"
In summer, prices here go out the window, so the Vagabond Inn becomes a steal. Rooms are small and a bit cramped, no fridge, no microwave. The staff consists of one guy and the maids. They were helpful, but forgot our towels on the last day. The pool is small but clean, and our grandkids enjoyed it. So, you get what you pay for.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
"Terrible night - beware"
My first review was not posted because it was too descriptive. Here are the facts: (1) our bathroom had not been completely cleaned from the previous guest who had clearly been sick in there; (2) the bed/pillows were very uncomfortable; (3) the hotel is very noisy - you can hear everything in the hallway; (4) a fight broke out at 3am forcing us to call the police who came and removed our neighbors in handcuffs; (5) we checked out early with a full refund.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Not great- but it worked for one night"
The staff was great, but it's hard to overcome a bad lactation and old facility. Our room was old with quirky bathroom and makeshift closet. The sliding glass door was broken and repaired poorly. Loud guests and freeway made for a rough nights sleep.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Modest hotel in an expensive place"
The hotel was in close proximity to shopping and the freeway. Staff were nice and accommodating. The room was clean. The Vagabond Hotel I a reasonably priced hotel in a city of expensive lodging making it a good place foran extended stay.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Theresa
Never would stay here again....the toilet seat was disgusting. The room was so small we could barely move around.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was always nice. Did not like the police being there every night. Overall is was very nice and we will visit again.
7 night business trip Jul 11, 2014
BLL Assoc
"Great for a economic value"
The motel wasn't luxurious but clean, comfortable and a great deal.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Just plain underwhelming"
Noisy, dirty motel next to the highway. On the plus side, it's near downtown.
Patrick
"Good Price - Fair Location"
The price was good and location was fine. The room was clean and service was good. Given the price it is a pretty decent deal.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
"Smoke intolerable"
This is an older property that has some new paint and was mostly clean (but bring your slippers, we didn't trust the carpet). We arrived late in the evening and were given a no smoking room that reeked of smoke. Unfortunately, in this area on the weekend in July, you'll pay more for a room like this than you'd want to for a three star. Plan early to be able to avoid needing this level of accommodation. We hope never to be here again.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
"Disliked this Hotel"
Called front desk for towels, was told I had to go to the front desk to pick them up myself. Front Desk Clerk, asked me to provide my room number when I walked in the next day even though he was right next to me when I checked in the night before. Just found the experience to be not so great. Carpet was stained in my room and the vents are not working in the bathroom. Would just spend the extra money to find a place a nicer place if I was you.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
B
"Close to our destination"
We attended an Aikido seminar this weekend. This location was very close to the dojo. I didn't realize how much I rely on wi-fi until we are without it, and the hotel does not offer it. The room was clean, and one of those somewhat bizarre sink outside of the toilet / bathtub layouts, where washing hands at night is challenging because the light will wake everyone up. The pool looked lovely, and we didn't take advantage of it. We enjoyed the yogurt on Sunday morning, and would have enjoyed it Saturday morning it if had been provided.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Bathroom space inadequate. No room to set up toiletries with a 2-year-old with us. Air conditioner was very noisy and didn't keep the room consistently comfortable.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Stay next door at the motel 6 instead"
Shower didn't work. Room was expensive for the quality
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
bill
"close to my daughter's house and TJ Max"
We were very disappointed in this hotel. The carpets were dirty, the rooms were small with very dated decor. Halls and stairs were filthy. Sheets practically threadbare, bed saggy.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
marci
"Great for a quick stay"
This is exactly what I thought I was getting for the price. One night stay before an event in Santa Rosa the following morning. Nothing fancy, nothing bad.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
JS
"Very outdated motel"
This motel needs an interior renovation job badly. It's like time is frozen in the 70s and everything is so worn out. If it were super cheap, then you get what you pay for. It's definitely not worth $128 a night. Perhaps it's a busy Sat night that demands a premium.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"For my son"
I paid for two nights for my son to stay there he said it wasn't a great place. But I chose it because it was the least expensive.
2 night trip Jul 2, 2014
bryanp354
"tired dump"
do you like dirty carpets.old matresses,and way over priiced rooms?
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
fred
"Motels for work"
Everything was what I hoped. Close to job and other services I needed
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Sierra Building
"Close to mall gas station, Whole Foods nice area!"
It was great. Our room with King bed & balcony was available like reserved. We slept well, we had a mini refrig that kept our groceries cold, microwave, coffee maker & tv. I was comfortable. For the price, I would definitely go back.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Mrs. M. Carter
"Everything is out of date"
A/c didn't work right, only got 4 channels on the tv, shower pressure wasn't there either. Horrible hotel
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
stass
"Only option available.....overpriced for its condi"
Hotel staff very pleasant and accommodating, they were able to get a room clean so we could check-in early (although when I called to ask for the room early, I was promised it would be available when we arrived. When we arrived, we were told there was only one room available and he almost gave it away to someone else. Probably would have been better if he hadn't mentioned that). Room was clean enough. Bathroom - fan didnt work, water pressure in shower was a little low and 1/3 of the water came out of the faucet instead of the shower head. Hallway carpeting in very poor condition, stained Alot of noise outside the room caused disturbance - we were woken up every time someone closed their door our used the doors at end of hall to leave the building. Hotel staff woke us up at 7:30am by talking very loudly outside our door as they were yelling to someone at the end of the hallway. Pretty discourteous. Continental breakfast - poor selection, we chose not to eat there
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
W
"Race weekend in Sonoma"
Sadly, there weren't many hotel choices left in Santa Rosa and the surrounding area; and though I had read the reviews, I booked here thinking it couldn't have been "that bad." It was. It was the condition and lack of cleanliness of the room that is our biggest complaint. The chair by the window was maroon, but the arms of the chair were black. Carpeting was filthy in the room and in the indoor hallways. We have no other comments because as soon as we awoke in the morning, we left. If this is a "chain hotel," evidently the parent company isn't checking in much!
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
vickicampy
Staff was extremely pleasant! Landscaping was better than the hotel. The hotel needs to be updated. It was clean but had an old feeling to it. For the rate, it should be updated!
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
T
"Comfortable and affordable accommodations,"
The Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa was a very pleasant experience. The room was comfortable, the pricing was reasonable. The pool was a little cold, but the kids didn't mind. The breakfast was satisfying without being overdone. There was a restaurant next door where the dinner was great. A lot of locals eat there and the staff is quite busy. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Was not the best room"
I requested an early check in when I booked the room. I called the day before and said we would be arriving between 11-12 and it was fine with them. We didn't show up until 1 and the room was not ready. We were staying for the country summer festival at the fairgrounds. So checked in later that night after the show. We reserved a queen room. The bed was not a queen it was at most a double. I have a queen at home and my bf an I have no problem, however this bed was small. The hotel was musty and had a funny odor in the hallway. We got into our room and of course pulled the top blanket off and pulled the regular blanket and top sheet back. There was some brown stuff that looked like someone wiped on the fitted sheet. Good thing we brought our own pillows and blanket. We were not touching that. The air conditioner worked ok, but the room got extremely hot that night for some reason. The window only opened about 6 inches or so to try and get some air circulating. The fan in the bathroom did not work either and that was horrible for shower and restroom time. The night time worker was really great, however the day times ones not so helpful. We also had no ice bucket in our room. We made do with using a grocery bag we had. I would not stay in this hotel again, it needs to be cleaned much better and change the sheets.
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2014
Lady Luck
"GREAT HOTEL!!!!"
Stayed there for a full week. Staff was wonderful, hard workers, very pleasant, they fulfilled my diva requests very quickly lol! (Extra hangers, etc.) The front desk manager is a sweetheart! The room was extremely clean (I'm a clean freak!). Maid service was top notch. Bed was soooo comfy (I'm very picky). Beautiful pool and courtyard. They provide a good breakfast at no charge. The best part is the price! Very cheap for a hotel like this in Santa Rosa!!! They really deserve a higher rating. Thank you for such a great stay! See you next year!!!
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
The Sloan's
"Moths, smoke, seedy characters oh my!"
I checked into the hotel after a long 7-hr drive down Hwy 101, and the receptionist didn't seem too enthused about providing service. Upon entering the room, I noticed it was smoky. There were cigarette burns all over the carpet. The white paint on the toilet seat was all rubbed off--come on people--a replacement seat costs $7! The shower head was not screwed on completely so most of the water trickled down the backside of the shower head leaving little spray for a shower. What else? Oh there are no screens on the windows so I escorted a large moth from the bathroom back out the window. The TV did not have the history channel but I can forgive that one! Overall, thumbs down--sorry.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
Meeting Planner
"Great Pool Area"
Overall we had a pleasant one night stay. We loved the enclosed pool area where we had a very quiet and relaxed afternoon after a hard days drive. The room was clean and comfortable, but a bit cramped even though it was described as a "Premium" king room. I'd hate to see what a standard room is like. Breakfast was minimal, suggest you spend a little money and eat at Sam's Cafe right outside the front entrance.
1 night trip Jun 11, 2014