All hotels in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereAve Xaman-ha, Manzana 3, Lote 19, Playa del Carmen, QROO, 77710, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"enjoyed very much"
Check-in was quick and efficient.Staff was outstanding. My wife is a picky eater and she loved the food. Kids thought everything was awesome.Late night snacks not so great.I will definitely stay here again.Service and entertainment were very good.
2 night trip Jul 21, 2014
"Excelent Hotel"
We loved the everything in the hotel and the fact the we could also use the other Riu, Yucatan, which is located across the street. The beach is breathtaking.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Beto
"RUI Tequila Rocks!"
My family and I spent 5 days at RUI Tequila and we had an amazing stay. The staff couldn't be more helpful or friendly. The drinks & food were good to adequate with plenty of variety at the buffet. We made reservations at the steakhouse and the Asian restaurants (Mexican all booked up) and enjoyed them too. Our room did have a musty smell from the air conditioning but my husband and I decided to bear it rather than uproot our kids in the next room. The beds feel really hard at first but they were very comfortable and we slept well on them. We took advantage of the yuketan pool because it's right on the beautiful beach and enjoyed the 5 minute walk. Can't wait to go back!
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"the best all inclusive"
We loved the resort. It was so beautiful and had a lots of trees and wild animals. The service was excellent, the food was excellent with many, many choices of food to eat. The room was very cute, clean and comfortable. When I vacation again I will look for a Riu hotel
6 night trip Jul 9, 2014
dhernandez
"OK hotel"
Nice people OK accommodations but food is terrible for all inclusive it does matter that you reach a certain level of decency...not the case here.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Alain
"Good bang for the buck"
Hotel had excellent, friendly, helpful staff. Food was very decent, however, 1 of the 3 "a la carte" restaurants was still buffet-style. Rooms definitely need updating.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Ruby
"Playa del Carmen"
The hotel itself is nice and close to the beach. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean but out dated. The mattress was hard. Breakfast was great and the Grill restaurant was wonderful. Overall, not bad for the price.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Nicole
"Family Friendly Resort"
We took a huge family vacation to Mexico, 21 of us total. We all stayed at Riu Tequila. There were plenty of activities at the resort to keep all of us busy - individually, in small groups, or as a whole family. The resort is walking distance from the beach and shopping and shuttles were available for excursions. The staff at Riu Tequila were so friendly and accommodating for our large group. There was always an "Hola" and a smile. We attended the nightly shows and developed a rapport with the entertainers. This resort did everything I could ask to help make our family vacation a very memorable one. Thank you, Riu Tequila!
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Tammy
"Every thing was GOOD!!"
The hotel was clean every where. The room service and cleanliness was very good. The air worked and the flat screen TV was perfect. Showers were perfect. Food was fresh, but not great tastes, just OK. Long walk to our room, but hey, we need the exercise. The spa/gym was totally adequate. Plenty of seating at pools and beach. Very long walk to and from the beach but, you could wait for the shuttle if you needed. If you have trouble walking, you will not like this hotel. My grandson and I had a great time and enjoyed the shows, beach and activities.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
Just Fred
"Great hotel and a great service!"
I stayed at this hotel with my family and it was a great experience over all. The service is great.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
claudia
"Absolute Paradise!"
Travelled as a couple for our babymoon! Beautiful resort, love the layout and the colors, much better than the neighboring RiUs! With that said, we never did the pool scene in our own resort, just went straight to the beach after breakfast... Most gorgeous beach, perfect warm clear water.. soft sand.. The Yucatans pool bar overlooking the sand... So The drinks kept coming.. Played in the waves, layed in the sun, lunched at the Yucatan almost daily as well- delicious food at both resorts! Appreciated the morning fresh fruit and green juice bar and fresh fruits and so many options for dinner you can't try them all! Delicious non-alcohol drink and smoothie options for me and of course the hubbies enjoyed the full bar :) Booked amazing excursions with NS travels while at the beach- snorkeled in the Ceynotes, saw Tulum and also swam with the turtles in Akumal- w our amazing and knowledgeable 1/2 Mayan guide! (Best prices with them plus it was just us and another great couple, felt like a private and personal tour and experience.) Our trip far exceeded our expectations.. Would recommend this hotel and this part of the peninsula for the ultimate relaxing vacation in paradise :) the hotel staff at the Riu went out of their way to make your trip as fun and comfortable as possible. Thank you for such a memorable experience!
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
M&M
"Great food and staff"
Great food and staff. Hats off to everybody! It's hard to imagine how they kept their smiles with so many people there. Except for the front desk, they weren't as nice, but you only have to deal with them when you arrive and when you leave. Like other reviews say the beach is a bit of a walk (10-15min), but we welcomed the exercise because we ate so much. There are bars near the beach and also a restaurant available for lunch. The room got some what hot and clammy towards evening even with the AC running all day, but I'm sure with so much heat and humidity there really wasn't much they could've done. Smoking in public places is legal there so expect a lot of people smoking at the beach and the poolsides.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
s
"Not a 5 stars"
Rooms far from beach, swimming pool and restaurants. Reservation for the dinner restaurants with no air conditioning except the chinese.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
monik
"No free wireless. Not the best service."
When you pay an "All inclusive" rate you expect to, at least, include the wireless service. When I arrived at the RIU Tequila and got to my room I hadn't wifi signal. I called to the front desk and they told me that if I want wifi in my room I had to pay. However, they offered me the wifi service at the lobby for free. I said that I will pay for it in order to have it in my room, but the problem was that I didn't had the signal. They told me that they can't resolve that because they were't technicians. I went to the front desk and they tried to call the technicians unsuccessfully. They told me they couldn't do anything about it. I asked to change the room, then they told me that I had to wait until the next day. I said ok. However, I went to the lobby to use the free wifi. I used it during 20 minutes and then returned to my room. Later, when I went back to the lobby to use the wifi, the service was unavailable because once you have the service you have to use it during continuos 90 minutes. So, they expect you to be in the lobby during 90 minutes to use the service when you're in vacations. If you go to your room, you will loose the chance of the limited free service. When you travel outside your country you expect to be in contact with your family (in my case my daughter), and it was very disappointed that I couldn't have the appropriate service. I had to buy an expensive wifi service with a very bad signal.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Di
"great vacation in Mexico"
We had a wonderful experience. People were very nice. Very relaxing. The beach is just half a mile from the hotel and there is a golf cart running from 6 to 6 taking you to and from the beach. One of the best places to go and relax.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
carlos
"Food was soggy and gross"
Perhaps my previous all inclusive experience (Club Med Ixtapa) set too high a bar, but unless you are content to eat chicken nuggets, hot dogs and soggy ice cream cones, the food is pretty yucky.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
TC
"Good place to stay"
great variety of food and beverages, very good quality (even hand made food)
2 night trip Jun 3, 2014
We stayed there a few years ago and we love it.This time we did not like it.Food was not as good like last time.Service was not good .No WiFi .only 90 minutes a day.We were sitting in the dark in the lobby because they turn off the lights after midnight.The machine with hot water was broken in the lunch area.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
mariola
"We loved Mexico!!"
My wife and I spent 9 days exploring the Ruins and beaches using RIU Tequila as home base. The resort and room were beautiful. The staff was fantastic, R-R-Rey, Ricardo, Rosey, Ruben and the gang at Kiosko were awesome!!!
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
bradd
"It was okay...I wouldn't stay there again"
It was an okay experience. Pros: Short ride to town/nightlife, Food was decent for an all-inclusive resort, staff was friendly and somewhat helpful (Johnny was our favorite) beaches are clean Cons: Drinks were watered down, Staff weren’t as quick, Food isn’t available 24 hours, beach is a walk/golf cart ride to get too, Bedding is so UNCOMFORTABLE, Wi-Fi only accessible in Lobby which is very slow
Other trip May 27, 2014
Jigs
"Most beautiful hotel I've been to."
The landscape was beautiful,the hotel and the room was very inviting and relaxing. I only wish the Europeans would be less critical.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Arcy
"nice resort"
The riu tequila is a very good resort. The food is so good and the entertainment team is really great. The food was very delicious with something to eat for everyone. The only little problem we had was the room noise. You could everything that's happening in the hall ways due to the echoing effect.
Other trip May 22, 2014
david
"Nice paradise!"
Very good hotel,loved the beach,food and shows every night,the guys are working hard to interact people,good job!
Other trip May 19, 2014
Angelika
"Fun in the sun"
Beautiful pool, yummy drinks, great selection at the buffets. The resort's nightclub needed more variety regarding the music. It was very electro pop & techno. In a Latin country, I'd like to hear Latin music. Shops were about a twenty minute walk away. Rooms were spacious as was the shower. Great water pressure. Only complaint would be constantly being woken up by slamming doors.
Other trip May 17, 2014
IvyLynn
"Nice Hotel!"
Very nice resort within walking distance to the beach, plus you can use the two other Riu resorts on the beach which is a plus. Food was excellent. Staff was excellent! I would recommend this resort for price you cant go wrong!
Other trip May 11, 2014
Craig
"Nice hotel; great staff."
This hotel was great for the price; a four star for a three star price. The hotel desk staff met us with a glass of fresh fruit juice while we checked in, and that exceptional service kept up the pace during our 12 day stay.
Other trip May 5, 2014
Carla
"Nice hotel and good price...close to beach"
The food was decent, some times really good... drinks were decent... but for all inclusive and at that price, pretty good overall. Rooms were clean, lobby was beautiful, staff was super friendly, many fun activities offered throughout the day, activities beachside, poolside and at night...bars and club were fun and akways packed with people pre partting before heading to town. 5 min walk to beautiful beach ...not too many hagglers...and 5 min cab ride to town. Could use other riu properties which were across street..very good deal for the price.
Other trip May 5, 2014
R
"Great vacation!"
Wish we would have stayed longer this time....we stayed there for 11 days in 2002, and enjoyed ever minute of it! We were invited for a wedding at the Riu Playacar, which we loved. Visited the Yucatan also, that looked to be a very nice place also, might look into staying there sometime. Great weather, which make the vacation a much more enjoyable one too. Food - awesome!!!! No complaints from us. The waiters/bartenders were just as accommodating as last time-loved them all! Will visit again, see you then!
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
MjW
"Overbooked had to switch hotels"
The hotel was overbooked so we were moved across the street to the RIU Yucatan. We have stayed at the Tequila before and thoroughly enjoyed it. The location of the Yucatan is ocean front so that was nice. The staff are very friendly at both resorts. The only downside is the massive amount of people at the resort and the corresponding issues related to increased population such as spilled drinks and tanning oil floating in the pools. Not the fault of the staff or hotel, but rather a result of a lot of people just cutting loose and having a good time. For the stuffy, I would suggest one of the neighboring Palace resorts as they are likely to be much more tame with a mature clientele.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Terry
"Good hotel with excellent food"
I liked the hotel service is good, people are friendly and always ready to help you with everything you want or need. The restaurants are always attentive to please you in what you want; and treat you like they know you a long time.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Danny
"Family hotel"
This is a set of several three story nicely spread buildings with two large pools at the end. The pools are facing the beach, as is one of the restaurants. Food is excellent and quite rich in variety. The hotel is also in a restricted access area, which allows you to take a walk, if you'd like. Each night there is a show, which excellent. Very family friendly, our kids had a blast. Weather is perfect in April. Overall very happy with the stay.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
Stoyan
"Spring Break Trip"
This resort is nice and I would certainly come back. I love all the greenery. The food options were many and if you were hungry it was your own fault. One thing that was a little disappointing is trying to get dinner reservations. In order to get on, you had to show up at 7am-7:30am to make it in order to get a reservation. Who wants to get up early on vacation to make a dinner reservation!?! Also, as far as liquor options, this resort needs to have more than just one option for beer. Dos Equis lager and amber is all they serve. One thing that must change is the red wine choice. The wine was so HORRIBLE. I mean horrible! Also, there needs to be another option for kids in the room refrigerator other than pop. It would not take much to put some lemonade or juices in there. I know they can go to the bar and get that, but there needs to be something else in the room for them to drink. The walk to the beach was not bad at all. I know some folks complain about that, but after eating all that you can eat a good walk every day is good.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"Average resort"
The food was very good. However, most of the specialty dinners were in the regular lunch room, just roped off. The rooms were nice, better than expected but the beds were uncomfortable. The hotel is walking distance from playadel carmen. However, you have to leave the resort to walk to the other RIU Hotels in Playacar as they are not on the same property and have other Hotels and peoples houses wedged in-between them. There are no shuttles from RIU hotel to RIU hotel. If I booked one of these RIU hotels again I would probably spend the little extra to get to one of the RIU Palaces or better jet book at the similarly priced RIU Yukatan which was just remodeled and is right on the beach. Spent most of the time I was on vacation at that Hotel as it was because the pool is very nice and overlooks the beach.
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
"Beautiful Hotel with lush gardens surrounding"
We've stayed at a Riu in Cancun--this is similar. Friendly staff, great shows, nice rooms and beautiful grounds and pools. Just a short 5 min stroll to the ocean. The beach and ocean were by far more beautiful here. The food was great--not quite the selection as the one in Cancun--but still delicious. I missed not having a happy hour, featuring different drinks in the evenings in the lobby--that's one thing tequilla should do that the Riu in Cancun did. Otherwise, overall my experience with Riu is excellent--however I preferred this location over the Cancun area--It seemed more relaxed. Can't wait to go back.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
Rox
"Above average, long distance from the ocean"
This is one of many hotels in Playa del Carmen, but stands out among the lower-tier hotels as cleaner, home-like hotel maintaining the mexican ambience and spirit in traditional style. Riu TeQuila, unlike recently renovated neighbors Riu Yukatan and Riu Palace, maintains the charm of the Caribbean resort, while the two other hotels attempt to recreate some modern and at the same time cold and business-like style. On the down side, the hotel lost its tennis courts to a conference hall that was built on top, and now guests can walk a couple of blocks to another Riu hotel to find two old and poorly maintained tennis courts. The distance from the hotel to the beach which is shared with Riu Youcatan is about about three quarters of a kilometer, and although there is a little shuttle cruising back and force most of the guests should expect to walk the distance most of the time, which I consider a plus, given the amount of food consumed during the stay.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
A
"Nice hotel, friendly staff"
Always found the buffet had more than enough options to please everyone, beach is beautiful even if a short walk to get there, a little exercise to start and the end day was okay with me. Everyone very friendly, my only wish would be for some more entertainment options, would have liked to have a seen something on the beach.
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
Cathy
"Valentine 10yr Anniversary . Feb 14/2014"
I had requested a specific building (2900) and to be close to the pool and the facilities, received exactly what I had requested. Felt very safe as all the Riu Resorts are situated in a gated community amongst privately owned homes. Walking everywhere at any time of day or evening was not an issue. I would highly recommend this place and I'm already looking to plan next years vacation to the Riu Tequila !!!!
Other trip Feb 27, 2014
Brandy
"Walking Required"
The resort has a beautiful Mexican feel and is and very large. The hotel buildings are spread out over the property, requiring a lot of walking just to get to your room from the lobby or to the pool area. If you walk to the beach, it's about a half mile (5 minute walk) from the lobby. If you have walking disabilities, this may not be the place for you. Rooms were spacious and clean. The food was quite good for an all-inclusive resort. You have to make reservations for the restaurants if you don't want to eat dinner at the buffet. Prepare to get up early to make them. The Asian restaurant was actually a buffet, which was disappointing. The Mexican restaurant and the steak house were very good. None of the restaurants were over-crowded in the evening. Beach is gorgeous! Lots of lounge chairs and space, but didn't feel crowded. Evening entertainment was enjoyable.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
Debbi
"We had a lovely time!"
Coatis run wild... And so does the fun times. We had a great time and will definitely return.
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
"Nice hotel across the street from the beach"
We liked the hotel style, grounds, location and food. And the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The hotel was full and there weren't enough pool chairs or lounges in the lobby and the lobby was the only place we had access to wifi.
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
"Excellent hotel in a great area!"
Can't say enough about the Riu Tequila. The hospitality was exceptional.The food, entertainment, cleanliness, and all the amenities were just great! I would recommend this to anyone looking for an all inclusive. We have been three times and will definitely be going back. Compliments to Polo, Carlos, and Felix@the Steak House and Hilario@the Buffet.
Other trip Jan 18, 2014
"OK-to-fine territory with so-so-to-bad rooms"
Hotel staff is basically friendly, but few buts: - reception may provide sort of misleading information. We were there to attend friends wedding at the neighbor Riu Palace Mexico, person at the front desk told us that he will be able to provide us with 8a-5p day pass so we can spend time with friends. After all it appeared to be not a real pass, but just some small piece of paper (instead of day pass bracelet) that you can use to get to territory for a limited time just to look around. - maybe it's not specifically staff problem, but architectural and room design problem, however i found it very difficult to stay asleep when staff started cleaning rooms around at 8am. Somehow it was really-really loud in our room, with all the staff voices and cleaning noises... Hotel territory and shared facilities were actually decent, seemed to be maintained OK. Rooms - not so much. Sheets not really clean, with some stains, smelly (probably because of being wet all the time). I can normally withstand not really good conditions, but people who are more picky most definitely wouldn't enjoy the rooms. Paint on walls and ceiling, mirrors, floor - all is asking for some work, repair or replacement. No light in shower, just whatever you get thru the curtain separating it from the room. So basically rooms can be survived, but kind of disappointing indeed. Food is mostly OK. Seafood somehow with very fishy smell, almost to the point when you cannot eat it. Mostly cheap instant coffee.
Other trip Jan 13, 2014
Max
"Hotel review"
One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed, No room service, but in the hotel description says otherwise! Walk to the beach from the room is 12-15 minutes((( in ten days we caught just one golf cart((( night manager is terrible, doesnt know anything, just shows awards from some unknown sources from 2004. Would never go back, food is not so good, and I will eat pretty much anything!
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
Alexander
"Great staff, great experience"
The hotel staff was great. Very friendly and welcoming. The food was great, always had something that we could enjoy. The rooms were not as nice as we would have hoped for. But we were always out doing something so it wasn't a big deal. The walk to the beach wasn't bad at all, and if you didn't want to walk you could always take the shuttle.
Other trip Dec 7, 2013
"first time at an inclusiveI"
i didn't know what to expect but the Rui Tequila was so much fun-great food,good staff and shows the grounds are very pleasant and the location is quiet but close to Playa del Carmen but not on the beach. The quality of the food was exceptional. I did classes and relaxed.It was so eas;y to have fun.
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
"Great hotel just across the road from the beach."
When you stay at this hotel you also get privileges at the 2 Riu hotels on the beach. Everyone has a short walk to the beach but the best food and facility is definitely the Riu Tequila .
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"Nice place close to the beach Nice food"
We had very good time 4 restaurants every day different menus good service close to the beach water very clean Jet ski also restaurant right at the beach Me my wife and our children had a good vacation
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
Artur
"Love it! Kids activities are awesome. Staff great!"
We were very pleased unfortunately weather did not
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
erika
"We love it"
Being there for more than one time says it all we're thinking about next year same place we missed the food and the TEJONES.
5 night trip Aug 29, 2013
Willy
"A bit disappointing"
I've traveled to the Yucatan peninsula yearly for the past 15 years. Every year I like the area more and more. Of all of the resorts in the Playa del Carmen area the Riu Tequila fell a bit short. The staff is excellent, however the facilities, entertainment, food and amenities are not that good.. Most drinks and bartenders were excellent but the "Tequila" the Mexican national drink was watered down with either water or 7up, sad indeed, not worthy of the Riu standards (at least I hope the others continue their high standards) The reservation restaurants in other resorts have always been a bit better than the general buffet, not the case here, tried 2, did not bother to try anymore, food was awful. The same sentiment was shared by many guests we spoke to. It was also disappointing to see the food from the night before being recycled so often. At the beach (close to a mile away) the amount of chairs to customers ratio was way off. I also know this resort is technically in the jungle, so insects are expected. but on my last night I found a huge cockroach on my pillow, this is unacceptable since they dwell in garbage. Needless to say, my first and only time at this place. Hope you find this info helpfull
Other trip Sep 1, 2013