All hotels in Lisbon, Portugal
Praca Francisco Sa Carneiro No 4, Lisbon, 1000-159, Portugal, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good but can improve"
Friendliness of their staff is probably their biggest asset. They are very friendly and helpful. However, the hotel has a misleading statement that it offers breakfast but it is only for certain guests. Another huge asset is that it located just close by the Areeiro metro station.
7 night business trip Dec 13, 2014
This hotel didn't seem especially clean. Not terrible, but the room definitely had a smell that never went away during our stay. It was difficult to get the lights to work using the room key. The location of the hotel was good since I wanted to be fairly close to the airport and it's steps from the metro stop. The complimentary breakfast was better than I expected.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"30 steps from the subway station (Areeiro)"
Room was small but clean. Breakfast included (7am to 10am). Wifi worked very well (4th floor). Hotel entrance is only 30 steps away from the Areeiro subway station entrance. Direct bus (705, 722) to airport during daytime! I was staying just for one night for flight layover and this hotel was a good place to stay. I was able to go some sightseeing in Lisbon as well!
1 night trip Sep 10, 2014
"no space no heat"
The room was small even for one person.. Bathroom was so tiny that I needed to do some acrobatics to sit on the toilet. Windows were closed with some metal plates. So you cannot have enough light (though it did not prevent strong noise form the street). Electrical light was very dim.. I got an impression it was a den rather than a hotel room.. And finally, it was very cold there. Although it was 24th of May, the weather was cold, but they do not allow to use the heater in the room. It was forcefully switched to air-conditioning only.. We took this hotel because it was close to the airport. But there was no shuttle to the airport. But taxi was inexpensive option to get there.
1 night business trip May 24, 2014
"Outdated, uncomfortable & smelly!"
Our room smelt of vomit. The shower head had no means to attach to the wall, so had to be held up by hand. The shower curtain pole was held up by string, the beds had plastic sheets below the regular ones, the carpets & paintwork were threadbare & peeling, and the staff were far from friendly or helpful.
Other trip May 25, 2014
The hotel is just as described. The metro station is about 10 steps away from the main hotel door. Staff are nice and breakfast was good. Would definitely recommend
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Nice close to airport"
Very close to the airport. We stayed one night to catch the flight next morning. The hotel location is good, 2 blocks there is an indoor shopping mall, a lot of cafe just a block away. Room is small, but adequate and clean.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
budget couple
"Hotel near metro station"
The hotel is very old but is cheap and near to the metro station and the guy in the reception is very kind.
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
"close to the airport"
with no problem. A little bit loudy. staff not very nice.
Other trip Aug 2, 2013
me
"Nice hotel!!'"
Close to cafés,mini market,pharmacy and airport!!!
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
happy traveler
"Disapointing"
Okay a little more ragged than the pictures which would not be a big deal but the staffs service and attitude was the downfall for us. We booked the hotel because it was close to the metro and airport but also because they said they had free Wireless. On arrival we were informed it did not work. Bummer for us as it was our connection to family and our travel resources. Staff person did not seem to care and said we could go down the street and pay at a computer store of course they were closed. After a long day of visiting museums we returned to go to bed. the pillows were about an inch thick. I am 6' 2" 240 lbs shoulders of a linebacker so on my side my head did not hit the pillow. I went down around 10:15 pm and requested two additional pillows. the man at the desk said he did not know where they were and I would have to wait for his coworker who was coming at 11 pm. (maybe one of the many empty rooms?) He said he personally would deliver them. Well 11:30 no pillows.I tried to sleep but could not as the air conditioner sounded like a waterfall, there was a ridge down the middle of the bed and of course the pillow. I have traveled through out Europe and can accept small rooms, noise etc. but staff does not have to be indifferent and rude
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
"Good location; small room"
My husband and I recently spent about a week at this hotel, which we booked for the price and the location. The pictures, however, did not reveal how tiny the rooms are - at least ours was. There was barely space to lay down our two suitcases on the floor so we could get things out of them. My other complaint is that the hotel would not give us two keys and the internet service did not work for three days. Having said that, however, the reception staff was helpful and the breakfast next door (included in the price) was adequate. The best thing was the location across the circle from a Metro station and the generally central location for taking taxis, when necessary, to various parts of town. Our room faced away from the street and was quiet at night so we could leave the window open.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
Sandra
"nice hotel close to subway station, and services"
had a long and pleasant stay at this hotel, would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice place to stay in Lisbon, good value for your money!
Other trip Jun 15, 2013
alex
"Above the average"
Above the average. Very clean. nice furniture. A little bit noisy at night, in the hotel and outside.
Other trip May 31, 2013
I think the best qualities of this hotel were its cleanliness, its wifi service and location. The metro station is just across the road, which takes directly to central spots like Rossio, Baixa and Restauradores, and it takes less than 5 minutes to reach the Roma-Areeiro train station, which is good for those who want to go visit Sintra. However, I found all other aspects of this hotel rather disappointing. Most of the staff was rather impatient, impolite and not welcoming at all. The breakfast wasn't as big as it was advertised. I didn't receive any receipt for my payment, and as well as that, the guy at the desk I made the payment to looked very annoyed when he had to give me €12 change. On the whole, I believe this hotel wasn't good value for money at all.
Other trip May 30, 2013
"Small room otherwise great"
Overall positive experience. Have to keep in mind that the price is low so your room is quite small with minimal walking area. Beds are IKEA style portable beds. We slept in a triple and didn't have much floor space. Changed rooms our first night due to our room facing the main plaza with noise and ended up going from a room with no bathroom window or fan ventilation to a large bathroom with windows so there is significant differences in bathroom size. Is possible to get by fine with English for the front desk clerks but not the housekeeping staff who are nice but don't speak English. Free breakfast at nearby cafe specifically rented out for hotel guests. Has bread, pastries, ham/cheese/salami, apples/oranges/pears, cereal and milk, yogurt, coffee/tea, tropical fruit punch. You can also get it delivered to your hotel room but for this you only get free bread, fruit, and coffee. The rest is one Euro each so may as well go to the cafe and get everything free. Location is at a busy but non-touristy plaza. Easy access to the green subway line at the Areeiro stop which also allows for commuter rail transportation if you want to take daytrips to Sintra, Estoril, and Cascais. Internet is found on two computers in the main lobby with Wifi access in the lobby. We got a medium WiFi signal in our second floor room too. It kinda works for about ten minutes every hour but at least it's free, just don't expect to load Youtube. Hope that helps!
Other trip May 9, 2013
Flint
Bathroom was too small.
1 night trip Apr 16, 2013
"A home away from home in Lisbon"
This was my first trip to Lisbon so I really didn't know what to expect. After reading some of the other comments, I was somewhat leery about booking a room here. However, when I did and arrived from the airport by metro, I was pleasantly surprised. My room was on the 4th floor and had a nice view of the Areeiro neighborhood. The neighborhood is lively and somewhat noisy during the day and even sometimes at night, but this is in the capital of Portugal. The room and bathroom were very small, but I didn't go to Lisbon to stay in my room all day, so it wasn't a problem. The most important positive about the hotel (a pensão em português) is the location. The Areeiro metro station is about 1000 meters away from the hotel entrance, which can take you all the way to the airport. Also you are about 15-20 minutes away from the Rossio neighborhood by metro which is a major tourist hub. Lots of nice and fun things to do here, from shopping, to riding the historical tram #28 up and down the hills of Lisbon or hopping onto a tour bus for a tour of the city. My only complaint about the hotel was the walls seemed to be very thin and the Spanish people staying next door loved to talk loudly until 3 in the morning. There's also a supermarket just down the street in case you forget certain toiletries or want to buy bottled water, fruit etc. Next time I go to Lisbon, I'm taking my wife and we'll be staying here for sure.
Other trip Mar 16, 2013
Diani
"Close to everything"
The hotel was nice. We had a small problem when the fan in our bathroom didn't work, so I left the door open while I showered. The front desk called and sent a cleaning lady to accuse us of smoking in our non-smoking room. I had to stand there, in my towel, and try to explain the problem with the bathroom. Other than that the hotel was nice, the reception was nice, and the room was comfortable. It is situated literally across the crosswalk from a metro entrance/taxi hub. There was a free breakfast included from 7-10am, but we never woke up early enough to make it.
Other trip Feb 16, 2013
Melissa & Erik
"Hotel Feel at a Hostel Price"
The room was a great deal for the price. Clean and room cleaned daily. Large tv with international channels. Free basic daily breakfast consisting of buns, juice, spreads, and coffee/tea. For an additional euro each, you can get more: eggs, yogurt, et. Free wifi in the lounge, but not in the rooms. The only complaint was that we have a couple issues with the light and electricity sockets. Metro right outside the door.
8 night trip Jan 4, 2013
Evie
"Highly recommended"
Friendly staff, clean room, good breakfast. Overall a very good experience.
1 night trip Jan 10, 2013
Sigridur
Overall the hotel is ok. I can truly confirm that the bathroom is tiny! Also, in our bathroom the window was in the shower, so if you had it a little open you were completely exposed to the outside. The room had a certain smell to it, which was not too nice. The rooms on the street side are loud. If you're on the back side and on the ground floor, you can't open the window, otherwise people can just jump into your room. There is no AC so it's not too convenient. The internet was not working properly as promised. And one employee smoked behind our room, so when we had the window open, the smoke came into our room. The staff was friendly and ok. The common area is ok. The location is good, since you don't have to walk far to the metro.
Other trip Oct 18, 2012
City visit. Very good located at the metro. Good connection to the airport with the metro.
Other trip Sep 17, 2012
Airport transfer:Walk into the Metro, get a day ticket , 5Euros,(you can use this ticket 24 hours long from the first time you use it), take the red line(linha Vermelha)Sao Sebastiao direction, and get out at Alameda Station(I think the ninth stop). Transfer at the green line(linha Verde) Telheiras direction, and disembark at Areeiro Station(1stop). From here, you can see the hotel.The rooms are small but clean, and the staff are unfriendly, needs training, ha, ha.....
Other trip Aug 29, 2012
"Great hotel fo everyone."
The staff of this hotel was very friendly. The hotel have a very good location, only the internet service (Wi Fi) wasn't good in the rooms.
Other trip Jul 30, 2012
"Review from July 13th"
Overall the resudencial was ok and clean and located ok as well it's just that the staff weren't so helpful, they all looked grampy and upset
Other trip Jul 19, 2012

"Economical and convenient"
Nice and clean property excellent neighbourhood very sweet people always giving service with a smile Right opposite the metro gate
5 night business trip Jun 13, 2015
Rajnish Kumar
IN
"Room 413 - Life in a Broom Cupboard"
Small Room - Clean and that's about all The Toilet door opens outward so that tells you how much room is inside. I'm just under 2 metres tall and to sit on the loo your legs go under the sink and be careful how you stand up as a water cylinder is above you. You fall out of the loo as it's raised above floor level. You can't bend over in the shower to do you feet.
Doug
"Not bad at all for short stay and very good price!"
The location of the place very good! close to airport and city centre also via public transport!
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"A very nice hotel"
Perfect location for where I needed to be. Pleasant and helpful receptionist, and equipt reception area. Could have done with the option of a full English but then again, 'When in Rome. . . .'
4 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
Anthony
"good budget hotel"
friendly staff, good location, between airport and city centre.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
sophoe
"nice hotel, conveniently located close to subway"
I've spent 3 weeks at this hotel in November this year. One of the subway stops is just outside the entrance, within literally steps of it. There are also many mini super-markets nearby, pastry shops and fruit shops. Being so close to subway, it allows easy exploration of the city and beyond. There are few tourist objectives to visit in the area, such as the important Museum Gulbenkian, but for most of them, one would need to take some form of transportation (subway is preferable to bus, as it is not affected by traffic) to visit the Downtown area (Baixa, Alfama and the other older neighbourhoods) and to connect with the trains going to Sintra, Estoril, Cascais, and so on. During my stay, there were no problems with the wi-fi, it worked flawlessly. My room was situated on the first floor, so it had a nice balcony. Heating was not a problem either. It would be good if the shower, being quite small, had a fixed, hard-plastic curtain and not a hanging, soft one. Can't say much about breakfast since it was not included in my booking, and actually with so many places to get food from, it was preferable this way. The room does not have a fridge, however for November, this was not an issue. Staff was for the most part very helpful and attentive. Finally, probably also because of the season, it was pretty quiet throughout my stay, so I had a very good rest - not much noise and the bed was very comfortable. I would gladly stay at this hotel again, were I to come back to Lisbon.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
Dana
"Nice budget hotel close to metro station."
Pleasant budget hotel with nice breakfast room and fresh bread rolls, good staff and very easy access from airport via metro. Only a few stops into centre of town. Good place to stay on a budget visit.
Simon
"God stay at Residencial Lar do Areeiro"
Good hotel with a good breakfast and with lots of fun at the Bar in the evening. For sure if again in Albufueira I will stay again at this hotel.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
"Excellent location"
On the plus side, the hotel is located right near the metro station and there is also a mini market nearby. Also, the neighbourhood is quite and safe. The staff are very kind and can communicate in several foreign languages and the breakfast is very good. On the other hand, the description of the hotel should be revised. There is no air conditioning in the room, only a fan; there is no hair dryer provided in the room, you have to ask for one at the front desk and then return it: there is no minibar in the room, but you can request one and they charge you 5 euros/stay. Also, the WiFi signal is poor in the room. But overall, we managed to have a pleasant stay there!
5 night family trip Sep 7, 2014
Costinela
"good, no frills hotel"
It's an okay hotel, great location. There's even a taxi rank across the road that you can use to get to the airport- think we paid 7 euros from the hotel. The bathroom wasn't the best though and there was a little noise at night- the building is quite old. The staff friendly and clean- and room and bed comfy with a TV provided.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
"Close to Lisbon Airport Portela"
A stay over night in between international flights. Modest but perfect for someone who needs to stay close to the airport and do not want to be ripped off for a night in the closest airport hotels. Good price with modest accommodation yet comfortable and clean with the plus of being in the heart of Lisbon with the subway a few meters from the doorstep.
1 night business trip May 14, 2014
"Decent price, 50 feet from the metro"
We booked a quad room for our family of 4. We received a room with 4 twin beds that were on casters so the could be placed together, or not. Beds were clean and decent. Room is definitely small, but why waste your trip in your room? The free breakfast included on the 3rd floor was fresh and simple. Variety of buns with sliced meat & cheese plus jams, yogurt, apples and oranges, juice, coffee, tea The metro (subway) station is 50 feet from the entrance. You purchase a reload-able card for 50 euro cents from the machine and then either pay 1.40 euro per trip, or simply pay 6 euros for a 24 hour pass. There are also bus stops right by the hotel. The airport is close by. There is a Mc Donald's (cash or euro debit only) about a block away that is open until midnight. There is also a small supermarket a block away with decent prices called Mini Preco on Av Padre Manuel da Nobregra. The old down town Lisbon is a real treat, lots to see and do. Recommend taking a 48 hr hop on/hop off ticket from the Yellow Bus (see hotel staff) riding in their open double deckers through town.
4 night family trip May 7, 2014
Frans
"Average hotel"
The man who checked us in was very grim and unfriendly but the other staff were thankfully much more helpful and nice. The facilities were good, with comfy beds, but the bathroom was very cramped. The breakfast was pretty ordinary.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
Jane
"Convinient location,helpful staff"
The whole family enjoyed our stay at the hotel.The breakfast was fresh and delicious.The staff was helpful and courteous.Subway station is right in the front of the hotel,15 you can be in the center of the city with a lots of sightseeing.Th only one downside was the lack of hot water in the morning(didn't bother me though). We would come back stay here any time.
4 night family trip Mar 19, 2014
Micky
"close to airport"
one night stay,room was small but ok for the one night,staff very nice and polite
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
pippa
"Fairly close to airport"
Easy to get to on transit system. Transit does not run early in the morning. Cost of taxi to airport was 10 euros.
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
"Very clean and economical!"
Hotel was basic but extremely clean. Food prices were very reasonable and quality was good. We were there for just 1 night but would certainly use it again if we were in the area.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Jayne
Staff friendly, room good valueadequate for what I required, breakfast not taken due to early flight.Great location for Metro, station outside and taxi rank , less than 2 minutes to the airport.
1 night trip Feb 10, 2013
Alan
Good budget stopover
Other trip Jan 21, 2013
Rob
"Good location near to metro station"
had really good stay , 3 night stayed, value for money , receptionist called Ana was realy helpful. thank you for your service. definetly come again.
3 night trip Oct 30, 2012
Farryston
"Good value and a good base."
Well sited and within two minutes walk from the metro station, this is a medium-sized, five-storey hotel. The decor is rather dated and faded, but my room and too the hotel were very clean and everything worked. There is only one lift, though the stairs are generously wide. My room was smallish, though its bathroom was proportionally large, once again spotless, well-appointed, and the air-conditioning worked well. The only notable omission was the lack of tea-making facilities in the room although drinks can be ordered at low cost from room service, The reception staff spoke good English and were very helpful. They are happy for you to leave your luggage with them on the day you check-out (by midday) for you to collect later. The buffet breakfast is good value for money and is served from 7-10am in the next-door cafe which belongs to the hotel and has in- and outdoor seating. Though the breakfast choice is not wide (cereals, yoghurt, fruit, sliced cheese, sliced meat, rolls, brioche buns, croissants, the little cakes loved by the Portuguese), the quality is high.
Other trip Jul 29, 2012
Academic Gypsy
"Good value for money"
Hotel was in a good location, next to a metro station with easy access to the city centre, which was good as there are few bars and restaurants in the area. Staff were very friendly and helpful and rooms were cleaned to a high standard every day. Breakfast was included and was a simple continental buffet in the lovely cafe next door. Overall we were impressed with the hotel during our stay, however, as we were travelling as a group, it became clear that some rooms were much nicer than others! We had no air conditioning and a very small bathroom, yet others in our group had a large bathroom and air conditioning, luckily it wasn't too warm at night!
Other trip Jul 17, 2012
Charlotte

"Hotel near metro station"
Staff was very friendly. There is a metro station just in the front of the hotel, so it is easy to get there. Last room in upstairs was not perfecty cleaned but it was clean enough for one night sleep. Street noise disturbed to some extent. Breakfast was quite minimal.
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
FI
"Lebhafte Umgebung"
das Hotel ist gut für eine Nacht oder einen kurzen Zwischenstop, so war es für uns auch gedacht. Bei einem längeren Aufenthalt würde ich das Hotel nicht wählen. Es ist mit der Metro gut zu erreichen und auch in City ist von dem Hotel aus gut zu ereichen. Die Zimmer sind zweckmäßig und einfach, das Frühstück ist allerdings nicht so gut.
1 night romance trip May 29, 2015