All hotels in Farmington, New York, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here6108 Loomis Rd, Farmington, NY, 14425, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

2.8
"Close to Interstate"
The hotel is dated, but well maintained. The front receptionists were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was adequate for my needs. You can never go wrong with waffles. Thanks to Dominic for the hospitality. The location is exceptional. It was quiet and secluded, but within two minutes of the NYS Thruway. Prefect for those traveling from BUF/ROC to SYR area. Will certainly stay here again if in the area.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
"One of our worst"
This is a property that was condemded at one time and the new owner is trying with limited resourses to make it habitable. It has a long way to go in all respectss to get any favorable reatings.
3 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
"Hotel overall, nice. Room dirty, so uncomfortable"
Hotel OK overall. Service at desk could have been friendlier. When checking out, didn't even ask if my stay was nice. Rates were very reasonable, so Wasn't expecting a 5 star experience. Think they just need to take a little more Pride in the hotel. The location is fabulous. Just needs a little care. Better Cleaning and a fresh coat of paint over all. There was a note in the room that they are re-doing the hotel, so I am hopeful that they will do some painting and very serious cleaning. I have stayed the before years ago, and it was fabulous. I would give the hotel another chance.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Perfect for a cheap quick stay!"
We enjoyed our stay. It was clean and perfect for our one night stay. No on site laundry and the breakfast was kinda gross, but ok of u just need something to hold you over. Overall, it was clean and safe. We got a cheap price from hotels.com and I googled promo codes and got an extra 5$ off.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2014
Seemed ok for the price. Didn't like the bugs in the room, but this was in the middle of the woods.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"beautiful quiet setting, but a work in progress"
We arrived on July 4 for a one night stay.The staff was very friendly on the phone & in person, very accommodating with my requests for a 2nd floor room, & early check in. We were happy the rooms have balconies since they have become scarce. The hotel is located in a quiet, secluded hilltop area with beautiful views, but right off the highway exit for great convenience. Canandaguia Lake resort area is only minutes down the road. The breakfast was fine. Nice outdoor pool area.The hotel has a quaint old ski lodge feel with great potential, but still needs a a lot of rehabbing & sprucing up, which they are in the process of doing and when complete will be lovely. We don't mind at all that things are still a bit outdated, such as the bathroom, BUT, our room was not clean, actually dirty, which is not acceptable. So overall ,when they finish the remodeling & MOST importantly get a competent cleaning crew, the place would be very nice. We would give it one more try, with hopes of cleanliness.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Weird place. Weird staff."
Look elsewhere. It's a bed. Needs updating. The breakfast is pathetic. Not even orange juice. Tampico.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"Nicest Travelodge I've ever been to."
Room was nice, beds were comfortable and clean. TV was adequate for an overnight stay. Very nice setting, up on a hill overlooking the surrounding area. Staff was courteous, breakfast was also, more than adequate. Only gripe which is small, the WiFi was weak signaled. The price of this room was very competitive, and suited for my kind of stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, looking for inexpensive lodging for a small over-nite stay.
Response by Travelodge Farmington
Thank you for your review Jeff. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to have a good clean room with a nice breakfast and are glad that you noticed. I am sorry to hear you had a weak signal on your wi-fi. We have recently improved it, to make sure this problem does not persist. Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us again!
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
"Old, but clean and safe"
I read a lot of reviews of motels on this site along the lines of, "This is a horrible hotel because the continental breakfast didn't have enough gluten-free options." When I stay in a cheap hotel, I only care about safety (are there people with guns in the parking lot?) and hygiene (are there bugs or mold?). This Travelodge passes. It's a bit run-down: some worn spots in the carpet, some scraps in the paint, etc. But it is safe and clean. And, actually, it's a pretty cool place, with many buildings looking like bridges over creeks. My room had a very high vaulted ceiling and a balcony. The balcony looked out on a huge parking lot for semis, but, again, I'm only really interested in safety and hygiene when I pay $55 for a night.
Response by Travelodge Farmington
Thank you for your reviwe of our hotel. We are happy that you have found our hotel to be safe and clean. This is our main goal for any hotel. We are in the process of improving some of the items you have mentioned, such as new bedding and fresh paint and carpet where needed. We look forward to having you stay with us again and see the changes we are implementing!
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Matt.
"a great deal"
a nice suprise an a great breakfast will return again
Response by Travelodge Farmington
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our free breakfast and we look forward to your future stay with us!
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Ed Schaefer
"Needs updating."
When we checked in, the bathroom had a hairball on the floor. The hotel knew when we would be coming, our reservations were made several months ago, but the room ac had not been turned on and the room was unbearable hot. We turned on the ac and it sounded like a machine gun firing. We asked the front desk to check it. They said they'd have maintenance come and when we left 2 days later, no maintenance ever showed up. The only help they provided was a room fan. We had to go get 2 more from them to get the 3 rooms cool enough to sleep in. They knew we had 6 members in our party and they had 2 towels for the shower. We had to go get towels. The second day there, the maid called and asked if we wanted the room serviced. I asked for clean towels and for the rooms to be vacuumed. Towels were brought but that same hairball under the bathroom sink remained until the morning we checked out. That doesn't equal clean hotel or good service to me.
Response by Travelodge Farmington
Thank you for your review Nancy. It is review like this that help us improve our service. I am sorry to hear your room was not serviced correctly and we have taken care of this issue. We have a new housekeeper since your stay and is being trained to make sure this doesn't happen again. I am sorry your room was hot, however we do not make it a practice to turn on A/C for our guests, as each person likes their rooms at different temperatures. We do thank you again for your review and hope you will give us another chance for your future stay in this area.
"Don't go there"
so dirty.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Not my Hair in the Shower Drain"
From all appearances the maids do not do a very good job cleaning. There was a significant amount long light hair in the shower drain and as a brunette, I know it wasnt mine or my husbands. The coffee pot had clearly been used but not even rinsed out. There was dried coffee on the bottom which was cleaned by simply rinsing the pot. The rooms had a distinct musty smell.
Response by Travelodge Farmington
Thank you for your review. I can assure you that we have reviewed your room and have taken action on the housekeeping staff that was in charge of your particular room, as this is not acceptable. Thank you again for your review and we hope you will stay with us again in the future and let us show you the changes we have made here.
Beth
"One night stay"
For a quick one night stay it was fine. Pool needs help... Did have a Nice breakfast. I would tell May friends about for a one night stay .
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Quick Stay by Highway"
Came from Connecticut to attend a wedding. We looked for a place near the Thruway with a variety of places to eat in the area.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Very close to thruway"
Was very disappointed with overall stay. The heater-a/c unit, when turned on, smelled like it was burning which activated the smoke alarm. The box springs were noisy and the bathtub felt like it was wearing very thin. When I went to check out at 6am, the night attendant left a note that they day shift would be on at 7am. I needed to leave at 6am and was not afforded the common courtesies upon check out. I ended up leaving a note with my room key. Called later in the day to speak with the manager who offered me a 20% discount. I had minor incidences with other hotel chains and have had my room comped for much less. They have received my repeated business for taking care of my concerns. 20% off my room rate for all that had transpired (the night clerk when home because he/she could not stay awake -- so the note said) wasn't not sufficient.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Laurie
"Centrally located for Finger Lakes Region"
Rooms were nice. Outdoor pool was beautiful. Convenient to NYS thruway, and Canandaigua. Staff were very friendly. Has on site bar.
3 night family trip Jun 12, 2014
"Clean Comfortable & Conveniet....Wiith no amenites"
This Hotel was close to the small town where my sons wedding was. We looked for other hotels with more amenites but they were all booked, Travlelodge proved to be a comfotable last resort. Even when the toilet broke, the front desk and maintance worked hard to get it right. ( very friendly )
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Spartan room"
The room was clean although Spartan. I was very disappointed in that I booked a room with 2 queen beds and instead there were 2 double beds. The hotel needs updating. The furniture was scratched and old. There were signs that said they were going to remodel the hotel. The cleaning products they use give off an unpleasant order.
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2014
Danae
"Worn in"
The staff was courteous. The hotel is out in the country atop a hill and we saw 6 foxes frolicking in the overgrowth. The hotel, while clean, looks like it's seen better days and has most of its original furnishings from when it was established in the early 70's. One of the rooms was more humid and musty since the window unit wasn't staying on except for short spurts. It was affordable for us since we had 6 people and therefore needed two rooms for two nights, but I don't think we'll be staying there again.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2014
Anonymous
"Wonderful stay"
The staff were very nice at the desk she gave me a room with a fridge as I requested. The room was extremely clean -very comfortable pillows and bed- the bathroom was great included toiletries and was very clean. My only negative review was the air conditioner. I was really hot and had a hard time falling asleep until midnight when I started to feel cool enough to sleep.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"Needs to be upgraded on many levels of comfort."
Most inconvenient part was no place to plug anything in. They said they are planning renovations soon. Should let people know about this problem in advance. Also, could not get management to return phone calls prior to stay regarding booking date issue and my request for a refund. Tried four times without success. Finally went to higher tier in Expedia for resolution.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
"Everything was good"
Everything was good expect the breakfast. It didn't have a lot of choices
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
"Great Place"
Yes we stayed again, still same great service and helpful staff.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Jon
This has become our go to hotel for business and pleasure.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2014
Jon
"Nice hotel, close to attractions."
We were very pleased with almost everything except the bed. The bed was VERY, extremely, uncomfortable. I haven't slept that awful in years. It hurt both mine and my husband's back and was very difficult to get a good night's sleep on.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Comfortable"
Quiet neighborhood. Very comfortable room. Not very glamorous, but a good value and a clean, comfortable room.
Response by Travelodge Farmington
Thank you for your review. We are location just off the thruway, but are still very quiet, we are glad that you appraciated the seclusion, peace and quiet of our hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
1 night trip May 29, 2014
"overnight stay"
its an older hotel perched on a mountain top. great views. clean well maintained. has restaurant, bar, pool table, and pool.. all clean, and a good stay..
1 night trip May 30, 2014
k weber
"Beautiful and comfortable"
It was a great stay and loved the location and surroundings were just beautiful. Everything was just fine and very comfortable. I would choose the site again if I were to ever visit the area again.
2 night trip May 28, 2014
Mary Ellen
"A Unique Gem"
What a delightful surprise! I chose this hotel simply on price as an overnight stop on the way to somewhere else, but we ended up staying an extra day because we were so pleased. The lodge is truly unique, a 1960s Japanese Style lodge perched around the crown of a hill surrounded by forest and fields. The hotel is composed of multiple buildings arranged in a rough oval with elevated covered walkways, vaulted ceilings (on the second floor, where we were), and spacious rooms. This was obviously a resort destination that must once have commanded premium prices. It's clear that the property fell on hard times and the current owners are in the process of bringing it back up to snuff. This is to say, there are definitely signs of age and wear everywhere, so don't expect a perfect modern all-new experience. For us, this wasn't an issue, especially given the very reasonable rate we got. The property is dog-friendly and for once our smoking room didn't smell like a full ashtray, as is typical at most low cost motels. The staff was friendly and responsive to our requests. There is a restaurant/tavern on the property as well. It looked nifty but we didn't check it out due to other plans. Maybe next time :)
1 night trip May 30, 2014
The stay wasn't terrible. It is pretty out of the way. The worst part was that they never answer their phone. I even called the main travelodge line and they tried to connect me, but they still didn't answer. Wi-Fi was ok. It was fairly clean and the actual room was ok.
3 night trip with friends May 23, 2014
"The work that's been done hasn't been enough."
I have stayed at this motel many many times over the past thirty-or-so years, through a number of different owners. It's always been decent, but this time was unbelievable. The room itself was pretty good. However, the bathroom was a nightmare. An extended shower curtain rod prevented the door from opening fully. An amateur grouting/sealing job using silicone around the tub left a black trim of mold at the faucet end. The bed of the tub was ancient and permanently stained. Just horrible. The toilet seat was coming off. And the sink drain didn't work; I had to grab a handful of tissues and remove the stopper so the sink would drain. As well, beneath the rim there was more silicone and more black mold. After a 7-hour driving day, what I was wanted was a shower. And I would have changed rooms but because it was Memorial Day weekend, there were no available rooms. And most of all I needed to sleep. I gave up just after 6 am and got on the road, promising myself this was the last time I'd stay there--despite its easy on/easy off interstate access. So if you're planning to stay, first look at the bathroom before you agree to the room you're offered.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Charlotte
"Affordable lodging on Memorial Day weekend 2014"
The place was nice & affordable. It is in need of some cosmetic up-grading, but overall, things were ok
Response by Travelodge Farmington
Thank you for your kind review. We are in the process of upgrading the hotel. We look forward to your future stay so you can see the changes.
2 night trip with friends May 23, 2014
"inexpensive so some repairs are needed"
This is an inexpensive place to stay, so I expected some repair or remodeling could be done. The carpet needed replacing and the room needed updating, but if was clean. Everything worked. The bed was comfortable and the free breakfast was totally acceptable. For one night, it was all that I needed.
Response by Travelodge Farmington
Thank you for your review, we are glad that you were happy with your stay. We do our best to give our guests a clean room as we are in the process of remodeling.
1 night trip May 22, 2014
Chuck
"close to wine trail"
Good place for decent rprice and complimentary breakfast is good. overall i prefer to stay again.
2 night trip May 20, 2014
Dhev
"Roadside stay"
Its the typical roadside hotel, okay for the night
Other trip May 21, 2014
The hotel was very conveniently located right off of the NYS Thruway which was wonderful. The room was comfortable enough and the surrounding were very nice. The continental breakfast left much to be desired as there were no bowls for cereal, milk was missing for the longest time and coffee was not replenished quickly. Based on the price of the hotel, however, I would definitely recommend it.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
Lynda
"Conveniently located and scenic"
Excellent.........I go to Canandagua often during the spring and summer and will be booking another room their at the Travel Lodgte for a June stay.
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2014
Richard Alex
"great for the money"
great valu in the finger lakes...nice room with comfy bed and great customer service
2 night romance trip May 12, 2014
markd
"Would not stay again"
Very dirty stains in the stool. We received no maid service and had to go ask for towels. We would never stay at this hotel again and it is a shame because it could be a beautiful hotel if they would clean it up and update the rooms. If it hadn't been for losing the money that we had already paid on the room we would have left and stayed somewhere else.
3 night trip May 8, 2014
"Great Place To Get Away From It All"
It was quiet and a great place to get away from it all. I would imagine that it would be a little busier during tourist season, but great for a little get away.
Response by Travelodge Farmington
Thank you for your review! We hope that you stay with us again!
2 night romance trip Apr 25, 2014
Media
"Worth the price by far"
It's hidden and out gps got lost. However the layout is beautiful and the staff are very polite. The rooms were clean just needed miner fixings around the trim work. I would defentily come back.
Response by Travelodge Farmington
Thank you for your review. We are currently under new management and working on updating the quality of the rooms. We have also contacted many sources to fix the problems with the GPS. We look forward to your future stay!
1 night trip Apr 15, 2014
"Great stay for price"
I had booked for one night for a get away and to be honest i wasnt expecting much from the hotel due to the cheap price i paid. i was pleasantly surprised when i arrived. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful, the room was huge and very comfortable. I will def. use this travel lodge again soon!
Response by Travelodge Farmington
Thank you so much for your kind review! We strive to give quality rooms at a lower rate for our guests. We are under new management and adding to the quality of our hotel and our staff daily. We look forward to your future stays!
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2014
"Basic room, good value"
I stayed at Travelodge for a dog compeition just down the road and had to be there very early the next morning.... The staff was fantastic with my very large dog. The room was quiet and I couldn't hear anything in in the adjoining rooms. The beds were VERY comfortable, but the pillows were very uncomfortable... it was nice to have a refrigerator, microwave, and internet access in a basic room. Good value for a basic stay.... continental breakfast looked good but I was running late so I didn't try it.
Response by Travelodge Farmington
Thank you so much for your kind review! At the Travelodge, we really strive to make your stay comfortable, even for our four legged guests. We are under new management so we are always updating our continental breakfast, and have also obtained high speed wireless internet access in all guest rooms. We hope you enjoyed your dog competition, and hope you think of us for future stays!
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
MJH
"Will never stay again!"
Pros- hotel was very close to the exit from I90. Cons- room had an awful smell, bathroom did not look clean, toilet kept running all night making it hard to sleep, could hear every noise from rooms around us, needed to charge cell phone in the bathroom because the main room only had 2 outlets, table in the room had rust screws sticking out of it near the legs. Room had a fridge but no microwave and the free breakfast was a joke! Bagels that were still frozen, some cereal, and milk that is left sitting on the counter. I would highly recommend if you need to stay in Farmington stay at another hotel. If you are just looking for a place to stop for the night try the next exit.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
Jac
"dmacks"
Older Hotel but it appeared that they were trying to upgrade.
Response by Travelodge Farmington
Thank you for your review. We are definitely under new management and are constantly doing upgrades daily to make sure all of our rooms are clean and of good quality when you arrive. We hope to see you in the future to see our improvements to the property!
2 night business trip Mar 25, 2014
Dmacman
The other reviews did not due this hotel justice. I found the stay to be quite pleasant. Plenty of hot water. The staff was very helpful with all questions and quick with the answers. Overall Great place. Reasonable in price for 4 adults and 2 pets. Will definitely be staying here again.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2014
"Bad stay"
Bad experience room not clean no ice nachine room smelled. Bed was comfortable tv had good stations no one on duty late tho cheap priced but would ratger pay moor and have good service
Response by Travelodge Farmington
We are so sorry to hear about your bad stay, we have brand new managers that have been improving the property. We hope you see our most current reviews and give us another chance to improve your thoughts of us and our hotel.
Other trip Nov 7, 2013
"Friendly staff, clean rooms, good location"
Friendly staff, good location right off of the highway, clean and comfortable rooms.
1 night trip Oct 22, 2013
"Travelodge Farmington Stay"
Good Stay. Great mountain views and quite. They had cake, donuts and yogurt for breakfast.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013