All hotels in Carbondale, Illinois, United States of America
1180 E Main St, Carbondale, IL, 62901, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

"freshman move in day"
Came for freshman move in day for SIU CARBONDALE. This Super 8 is located in a new part of town with lots of new eateries and a big Walmart a block away. Good beds and pillows, quiet and a good air conditioner..Stayed 2 nites and woke up each morning fully rested and ready to go. highly recommend it.
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Clean. No issues.
2 night business trip Aug 13, 2015
"Basic hotel and cordial staff"
It's a basic hotel near Carbondale. Clean and nice staff. The hotel is non smoking but the area where people do smoke and or chew is near the entrance. Management should consider designating a smoking zone further from the entrance.
4 night business trip Aug 10, 2015
howard
"great value!"
I liked it. The breakfast was a little bit boring, but over all, a really enjoyable stay. I will definitely be coming back.
2 night business trip Aug 11, 2015
Jacob
"great location"
Great location in Carbondale easy to get around will come back
2 night business trip Aug 6, 2015
eliyahu
"Good for the price"
Good mattress and large room, but hard to get into the parking lot. Cheap, but you have to drive to do anything.
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
Matthew
"Overall pleased."
Hotel was fine overall. Centrally located and therefore close to restaurants, stores and mall. Wi-fi was very weak. Was only able to connect on a few occasions. Not much to complain about considering the price and competition. This was my second stay there and I would stay there again.
4 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Jeffrey
"Good overall"
Had to find a room fast due to car trouble. Staff was friendly and attentive, hotel clean, close to various shops and restaurants. Breakfast was fine. Only two minor complaints: one of the card keys kept fizzing out. The staff was available to make new ones, but then that one went out too. Also there are some huge artsy prints framed a little low, with the edge of the frame level with where my head was on the pillow. I kept banging my head against it while in bed.
1 night trip with friends Aug 2, 2015
Johanna
Nice and clean hotel could have a better breakfast.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
I was very happy there. I would definitely stay there again. The staff was so great, the room nice and clean, and the price was very reasonable.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
"Not Fantastic, but very Suitable"
The hotel is a decent place to stay. The rooms are reasonably clean, but could stand an upgrade. The biggest complaint was the pillows on the bed. They were not very comfortable at all. The bed was okay, but like many hotels these days, the bar of soap to use was almost paper thin. The desk clerks were very polite and helpful with everything I asked. No problems at all with the registration, check-in, or check-out--it all went very smoothly. May stay there again in the near future as I will be doing quite a bit of business in Carbondale the remainder of this year. Price was suitable for the room and amenities.
1 night business trip Jul 11, 2015
Jerry
"Decent Stay"
Surprisingly good. I was very skeptical about staying at a Super 8. However, this was a decent stay. I have nothing negative to say except skip the breakfast because it was no good. Safe environment and no bed bugs in my room. I literally quizzed the cleaners about this.
3 night business trip Jun 30, 2015
"Ok"
adequate for a one night stay.
1 night business trip Jul 7, 2015
"fine for a night :-)"
The breakfast room was very strange as it was cramped into the teeny tiny lobby space. I've traveled a lot n that was a new one for me. Bc of the lack of space or ambiance I skipped breakfast so can't really comment more on that. Room was fine n the Lunt personnel were fine too. I'm a single woman traveling alone n overall felt Pretty safe. But when I came home that night around 1230 I could overhear what sounded to be a large/loud man cursing in a room down the hall from me which was uncomfortable. But luckily once in my room I didn't hear him. As others have mentioned there are insects in the bathroom. Mine happen to be to crickets. One next to the tub and the other one inside the toilet. Which I just promptly disposed of myself. But that was kind of strange as well. but the room was very large bed was comfortable and the place has been updated recently which was a nice change of pace.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2015
gelene
Hotel was nice and easy to find. The lobby/dining area was very small with only 3-4 tables to sit at if you eat continental breakfast, we did not. Over all nice hotel. Beds were a little uncomfortable.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
"Stayed better at 2 stars"
Rooms was clean. Service desk as times not professional. Free Continental breakfast was not stocked. Only options was cereal or waffle maker. Even Milk and Sugar wouldn't be replaced
2 night business trip Jun 21, 2015
DAWN
Wouldnt go back
1 night business trip Jun 21, 2015
"Soft beds"
hotel was nice for a hotel with no swimming pool. Also beds were very comfortable
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
eric
"The best for the price!"
The overall review was excellent Close to the train station Plenty of restaurants within walking distance Highly recommended!
1 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
Carlos
Very nice rooms! Much better than expected
5 night trip May 21, 2015
"Decent Hotel Experience"
I booked a suite for two days for business reasons. The lure of having a suite-style room and all the amenities, including free Internet access is what pushed me to booking here. Unfortunately, the suite was not what I had envisioned, I say this in contrast to what I have experienced before in other suite rooms in other hotels. The most underlying problem that I encountered was the Internet phasing in-and-out for my entire stay. As you can imagine, having to do business-related tasks on the web, while having these "hiccups" was a BIG hindrance/annoyance. There was no inclement weather that could have caused the issue(s). Overall, the hotel is decent, but nothing to glow about; no "Hallmark" moments to share with the grandkids in the future.
Other trip May 22, 2015
Mas
"Scared and Couldn't get back to sleep at 2am"
At 2am we had some weird man sticking his key card and trying to get into our room. He probably was drunk or something but it was scary. I woke up hearing my husband telling him to get away from the door and that he had the wrong room. The guy continued trying to put his key card into the door and then put his finger over the peep hole to cover it. I called the front desk and the phone rang maybe 7 or 8 times with no answer. My husband told me to hang up and call again. I called again and the front desk guy finally answered and told us that it was a drunk construction worker that was at the wrong room. It was a very scary situation and I'm still wondering why did the guy cover up the peep hole. He left when my husband yelled out that we were calling the cops.He understood that so how drunk was he really.
1 night family trip May 13, 2015
Sandra
"Black mold"
Black mold in the bathroom. Staff very unprofessional look like they just crawled out of bed . Beds were comfortable but not a clean facility by any means !
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
kayce
Stay was nice but the overnight staff was very arrogant the friday morning we checked in but upon leaving the supervisor apologized for the mistreatment and said it would be addressed!
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Toney
"Super 8 in Carbondale"
There was a lot of noise at night and no one told the noisy parties to keep it down. The hallways and stairwells were pretty dirty. The rooms themselves were okay. The front desk people were very nice.
2 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
"small room"
Location convenient. Room a bit small, but was fine.
1 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
Tanya
"Clean affordable hotel"
Rooms very clean, convenient location, affordable. This will be our first choice for visiting our college student on weekends.
Stacy
"Simple, clean, modern--a good Super 8!"
A-ok!
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
Brad
"Nice stay for a great pay!!"
My room was very clean and neat. The bed was very comfortable and the room itself overall looked good! They seemed to be doing a bit of renovating but nonetheless it's still a great place to stay. The staff were very nice and accomodated your every need. I came for a few days and I'm from New York. I must say it was worth it.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Court.
"Hanktips"
It was no frills. One night stay. Crowd at breakfast. Slow line to check out. Easy to find. Noisy wall unit heater -- fan made a lot of noise. Hard to sleep with that noise. Another chair in the room would have been nice. The rod for the shower curtain was bent. Shower water gathered around the toilet because of that.
1 night business trip Feb 6, 2015
Henry
"Nothing special"
It's a decent motel and has everything a traveler needs. We appreciated a microwave, a mini fridge, an iron w/board, and a hair dryer. Room has a fresh look and the interior décor is quite nice. Among the negatives: I was dissatisfied with the breakfast. No bagels, no cream cheese, just bread slices and grape jelly. (To be fair, waffle maker and oatmeal were also available, they are just not my thing.) Also, while the building is sitting on a major street and is easy to find, finding the entrance into the parking lot in the dark was tricky.
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
"Convenient location"
Good hotel for visiting your child in College! Will stay there again.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
Kerry
"OK"
It was an OK stay. Unfortunately somehow the reservation got mixed up. I had requested 2 queen beds but we got a king room. My 18 year old son had to sleep on a rollaway which he said wasn't at all comfortable. Breakfast was average. Service was good.
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
"Great for the price"
Clean and quiet . Can't ask for much more.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Kimberly
"Close to SIU"
I have stayed here before. Clean, comfortable and affordable. This time I had some issues: toilet did not flush well and the water would run, mini fridge hummed all night which was annoying and I left a wake up call that never happened. The free breakfast is not much more than coffee and cereal, unless you wait in line to make the big waffle for yourself.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Nice basic room"
If you are just looking for a basic room with few amenities, this is very satisfactory.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"Convient"
quiet, convenient, comfortable. Stay here often. Have recommended this hotel to others.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
drmo
"thumbs up"
Great value.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
It was a great stay close to a lot of food places and shopping
2 night business trip Dec 26, 2014
"good"
The bathroom had mold.
1 night business trip Dec 18, 2014
PAMELA
"Ok for one night on the road."
There are motels as good for less money. Having said that, I have stayed in worse.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
Phillip
"Super Eight is Great!"
At first I turned my nose up and was apprehensive about staying at a Super 8! I was so impressed with the Super 8 in Carbondale, IL. The rooms and service were outstanding. The real testament is that I stay there every time I go there to visit my son and his family.
3 night family trip Dec 7, 2014
Debra A.
"would stay there again"
For our one night stay almost everything was good. An extra blanket in the room would have been nice( the blankets are very thin) The one grip I have is the maid vacuuming right outside the door and bumping the door with the vacuum at 8a.m. After a long drive we would have liked to sleep until at least 9. check out is at 11:00 am . A wonderful plus is we only paid $10.00 extra for our dog.
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
patty
"Excellent stay"
The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. We were working nights and sleeping in the day, so the blackout curtains were much appreciated. The staff was great and supplied us with towels and cleaning when we needed it (sleeping in the day, our schedules were off from 'usual').
4 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
Greg
Good location, easy access, helpful staff. Would definitely stay here again next time I am in this area. The room was very clean and comfortable. The blackout curtains were a definite plus.
1 night business trip Nov 16, 2014
Greg
"Decent hotel for short term stay"
Not fancy, but a decent & reasonably priced hotel for needing a place to stay for one night. Initially concerned about noise from hall, but either there was no hall traffic later on or the room fan we had running drown it out, but wasn't disturbed by noise at all. Beds were comfortable, WIFI worked fine and can tell they are trying to upgrade somewhat.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Nikki
"Good for the price"
The room was clean. Bed was too firm for me, but some prefer that. Continental breakfast is small. For the price, I was pleased with the room. Would stay again.
2 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Deanna
I must say that I was very impressed with the quality of the room. Everything looked newly remodeled. The bed was so comfortable! I would definitely recommend this motel!
1 night trip Oct 9, 2014
great place to stay
1 night business trip Sep 28, 2014
eliyahu
Overall our stay was good. Room Clean, quiet,lots of stores around to shop or pick up missing items.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014