All hotels in Ionia, Michigan, United States of America
423 Brown Blvd, Ionia, MI, 48846, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Poor conditions. Canceled reservation and booked a 3.5 star hotel for the same price given the area of town, the other customers, and staff.
2 night business trip Aug 14, 2015
"Not worth the money paid."
Staff was friendly and nice. Plumbing did not work well at all. Water would not drain. Spout in tub was off of wall and stuck in shower mode. Room was ok, but not that clean. I cancelled my second stay I had booked and booked with a different hotel.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Brett
"Will be staying next year!!"
We stayed for 4 nights, my husband and 3 boys. The staff was very friendly and helpful!! Pool and hot tub were clean. Wish they were open in the morning. Breakfast was small, but good when feeding toddler to small kids! Over all we had a wonderful time!! Bonus: hotel is right across the street from the ionia free fair!!
4 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Catherine
"Disappointing stay."
Most disappointing American Inn that we have stayed in.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
I had everything I needed
1 night family trip May 5, 2015
We had a nice stay here. We were there for a week. The only complaint that I would have is that that breakfast options could be better. Other than that the hotel was fair.
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
"Needed a place to stay while on business trip"
The first room they sent me to had no working tv, no working phone and a stench. They then said because of no other availability they were up grading me. There was a stained sagging moldy ceiling above a jetted tub whose grout looked like it had never been cleaned. Floor by the jetted tub had raggedy carpet with a good dip in the floor.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Ed
Overall it was a nice experience. The only dissapointment was that we weren't able to use the hot tub as the heater had just been replaced and was waiting for the inspector to come and give it the ok for people to use it.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
tlc
Friendly, helpful staff, clean room, good breakfast.
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Theresa
Enjoyed the stay, seems to be a great place to stay
"better than average hotel"
The stay was on a Sunday , all the guests had left but those of us checked in were in rooms clumped together near the exit therefore it was loud as we heard each other going and coming . No elevators.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014
pat
I felt that all the workers at this hotel were VERY courteous and did everything they could to satisfy us. I felt the hotel itself was pretty dated though it was obvious that the manager was trying to do little things to update the entrance. The towels had their day and sinks leaked and rooms had a BO smell to them. The carpet was used up needs to be replaced even had buckles ,burns ,and spots. The bedding was pretty dated as well and the bed skirts were filthy. Had to ask to have the room vacuumed but as I say anyone that works their is more than willing to accommodate and quick to please!
3 night business trip Aug 12, 2014
julie
"Not Bad"
The hot tub didn't get hot. The bathroom was WAY to small fo 6' tall. The continental breakfast was fair.. Staff was very polite. Price was reasonable. I'd give it a 6. Good not great.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
J.
"Good value for the price"
This was our second stay at this motel. Nothing spectacular, just a roomy, clean, comfortable place to spend the night. We travel with two medium size dogs, and there was ample areas to attend to their needs. We plan on using this motel every time we stay in the area.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Thom
"Good Night's Sleep"
We were in the area far a couple nights, and were happy with our stay. It isn't a 4 star property but it was clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly. Breakfast was sub-par, but when I booked I didn't notice there was any breakfast, so not a problem. All the rooms are accessed from an inside hallway and entry to the building other than the front desk requires a room card, so security seemed good. I would stay again.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Nice hotel! Friendly staff. Hotel is a little run down. Very nice restaurant next door!
1 night business trip Jul 12, 2014
"Would return"
Hotel was clean and comfortable. Nothing super fancy but had everything I needed. Wouldn't hesitate to return.
1 night business trip Jul 9, 2014
"across the street from Ionia Free Fair"
Convenient for us, in between two stops in MI. A sports bar/ restaurant is walking distance and great food .
1 night business trip Jun 29, 2014
pat
"Would sleep in my care before I would stay here."
If not prepaid I would have left. Staff were less than clean, poor attitude, room never got above 80 and after walking on the carpet for 20mi feet were black with dirt.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Strader
"brief stay"
My husband and son stayed just one night got there late & left early. They both said everythjing was good.
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
The American Inn in Ionia is as nice a mid-range motel as I have stayed in. I enjoyed the stay, and am really appreciative on the great front end service. I'm going back again for another stay this weekend.
2 night business trip Apr 4, 2014
DW
"Not many hotels in the area, it was clean and fine"
No problems at all. Nothing exciting, just convenient and a very clean place to stay.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"Better of the two choices of hotels in the area"
Quite conveniently located, the staff was friendly
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
"The best choice for visiting Ionia"
Room was comfortable although the television channel selection was very limited. Pool conveniently located and clean.
1 night trip with friends Oct 19, 2013
"Only hotel in Ionia."
We have stayed here several times in the past since it is the only hotel in the area. We found it much improved from past visits. The place is clean but aging. Has new flat screen TV's.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
The hotel was quite rundown. There was no microwave in the room as promised. It bothered me that the cleaning staff was walking around barefoot during cleaning. There is no elevator available in the hotel.
3 night business trip Sep 19, 2013
"Nice place, not too bad"
The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly. The room had a mini fridge in it. Didn't get the chance to use the pool or jacuzzi. However the beds where a little uncomfortable and the a/c unit was very noisy. Overall though not too bad for the money.
Other trip Sep 22, 2013
"located in a cute little Michigan town"
Front desk personnel very nice; breakfast was adequate. Room was quiet. Very close to eating and gas stations. Cute little town.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2013
"One night Only"
Hotel was dated, carpet in the room had so many wrinkles you could trip and hurt yourself. Towels so thin you could see through them. We were there for an event so were only there one night and I would not have wanted to stay any longer.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
lakechic
Room was nice bed was comfortable. The hall way were kind of shabby but over all was a nice place to stay and the only place to stay in downtown Ionia.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"Willing to pay more and travel farther for comfort"
The hotel was chosen because it was only one listed for the area. However, we would have traveled farther if we knew they were not up to our liking. We went expecting the amenities that were posted. no whirlpool because it was shut down. pool hours limited for people out late and the water was frigid so in the end only 2 of 4 of us did swim and only for 10 min. The internet service gave us problems that we had to ask several times to have it reset. Daughter does online school and was cut off in middle of a couple tests. No elevator and had to demand a room on first floor because refused to carry luggage up flight of stairs. couple days later another family with a child on crutches arrived and were not aware either and had to manage the stairs with her. We do not like people in our room while we stay, mainly because we travel with electronic devices for work and school. we booked a room for 4 and only 3 towels, when part way through the stay, husband tried to meet room service/maid in hall and give her our trash and ask for clean towels, she told him to return to his room and she would be by in a few minuets. she never stopped so therefore no trash picked up or clean towels. ( we even waited for her and gave room number which she was 2 rooms away.)(we did use the do not disturb sign, but had door propped open) I will not be staying there again when coming to see family, will go camping or a different towns inn.Staff were not attentive to customers at front desk, ignored.
Other trip Jun 5, 2013
"family reunion weekend"
only had contact with staff at check-in but she was very friendly and helpful. had a little trouble with a/c in one unit but it clearedup on its own. Fridge didn't work in one unit but we didn't really need it so we never reported it. over all our stay was very nice. We were visiting family in the area so the location was perfect.
Other trip Jun 4, 2013
Jane
"Hot tub out of service again!!!"
The last 2 stays the hot tub has been broken..The dumpster was over flowing with gargage and stinky..The swimming pool water felt cold for a heated pool..
1 night trip May 17, 2013
The Bedside lamp didn't work but the staff was very friendly
2 night trip May 3, 2013
Sonia
"Pleasantly surprised"
We found this hotel after our other hotel plans fell through. We were a little skeptical based n previous reviews. However we were pleasantly surprised with the accommodations. The hotel is showing some age, but it is evident that the owners are in the process of updating it. We had everything we needed and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Other trip Apr 10, 2013

"a hidden gem"
it was a clean and comfortable hotel. looks like it was recently renovated. breakfast was adequate, wifi was strong. there was an indoor pool. fridge and microwave were included in the room. will definitely stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2015
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for American Inn & Suites Ionia

"back again"
07/26/15 sab954
was here with my family again,, we love the accomidations of this hotel, staff is friendly an very helpful with any questions we may have, my grandbabies absolutely love the pool couldnt get them out.... i love that the rooms are so accomidating to bigger families.. cant wait to go back..
"Simple - clean - goodnights sleep"
07/08/15 spartanfan2 Lansing, MI
A very clean well kept property with genuine people working here. I was impressed with the cleanliness and the easy accessibility to the property - Again, well kept property with a great pool and although simple its nice - a good value
"awesome service"
06/28/15 rdytorks Marquette, Michigan
My mother, granddughter and myself come to ionia once a month to visit family, we have stayed in many local hotels and have yet to find one as well maintenced and serviced as this one........Totally love this place..... And also is a great guy 💗 rooms are clean and fresh, Ashley did a great job 😘 already prebooked for next month.... Excellent service thank you 🎇🎆🎉🎊
"Wonderful experience"
04/13/15 Amy S
This was my first time in Ionia, I traveled from New York by myself and was quite anxious about the trip. The staff made me feel comfortable and at ease from the moment I checked in. They were very friendly and welcoming and were happy to answer all of my questions. My room was always clean and very cozy. I also really enjoyed the variety of items served at breakfast. I had a few mishaps on my trip and they went out of their way to help me and make sure I was ok. I will be visiting Ionia every other month and look forward to returning to this hotel each time.
"welcome home to ionia"
01/02/15 camsue Grand Rapids, Michigan
i was not fully happy me and my kids and the hot tub was down they had no cots so had my kid on the floor an had misty smell don't know if ill do this one again main reason for staying in hotel was pool and hot tub and hot tub was down 2 time but this time we got in pool and heat stooped in the night i had to re start it ,
"Anniversary celebration"
12/18/14 Becky G Lansing, Michigan
We celebrated our 34th anniversary on Nov. 1, 2014 and chose the American Inn and Suites in Ionia, Mich. to stay the night. It was a most pleasant experience. We had a nice suite with the Jacuzzi. VERY NICE and refreshing. The staff was very nice and accommodating and the room was very clean. A nice restaurant was right on the premises which made it nice as the weather was sort of cruddy. In house full breakfast was very good. Our overall experience was very nice and we would definitely stay again. The staff right down to the house keepers were very friendly.
"party"
12/16/14 Amanda H Saranac, Michigan, United States
My trip sucked we talked to the manager about a pool party several weeks ahead of time. We got there to check in and the pool was out of order.They new we are coming but failed to notify us. We had several guests coming. We had to try to find a last minute place with a pool near by.
"house fire"
11/07/14 Randy patricia... J Ionia, Michigan, United States
we stayed at the motel for 3 1/2 months because of a house fire. when we arrived the staff was very friendly & bent over backwards to make sure we were comfortable. rooms were clean, roomy, and the bed was very comfortable. no backaches the whole time!!! we took advantage of the pool & hot tub...nice! the ionia free fair grounds are a walk away. very nice to walk around. our favorite indulgence was oliveras pizzeria right next door. delicious! we were actually sad to leave but glad to be back home! thank you everyone at american inn & suites. you made our stay great!
"Nice Place"
09/08/14 barongsd Detroit, Michigan
We had a Jacuzzi room. (rm #127) The room itself was near spotless, the Jacuzzi was as clean as I have ever seen one (we usually always gt a Jacuzzi room when we travel). a couple things I would change, the room carpet ran right up to the edge of the Jacuzzi, there should be tiles that there because the carpet still was damp from the previous guests, also the wallpaper around the jacuzzi needs to be redone, other than that the room was very clean. It was well appointed, the bathroom was also clean and fresh. The TV seemed to be a little ehigh on the wall at the end of the Bed and maybe a bit to small but certainly those are minor. The bed was comfortable enough. The WI-FI was a little slow. there was a mini-fridge and a microwave in our room altho we didn't use either. We didn't do the continental breakfast so I can't comment on that. The surrounding grounds were, for the most part, well kept except there was a pile of old carpet and padding outside the dumpster that looked like it had been there awhile. No restaurant in the motel but just across their parking lot was Oliveras which had good food, we had a pizza, was excellent. All in all it was a nice stay for one night ......
"Clean and friendly"
08/19/14 idabob5426
I stayed here for 3 nights. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. They are pet friendly and there is a field next to the hotel to exercise your dog. There is a good restaurant just across the parking lot. I would stay here again.