All hotels in Provo, Utah, United States of America
1555 N Canyon Rd, Provo, UT, 84604, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

2.8
    2.9
    2.4
The room was very roomy.Plenty of parking. The floor didn't look like it had been vacuumed.The bathroom needed more cleaning also.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
The hotel was fine. Breakfast was fresh and plentiful. Our room wasn't cleaned for 2 days out of our stay, but the hotel staff was kind enough to apologize and give us a credit.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Super 8 -- bad deal"
Building needs some immediate care. Every doorway needs touch-up paint. All floors need to be vacuumed good. Lobby restroom needed toilet paper, paper towels and toilet liners -- lacking all three. The entire building smells bad. The management is ruining the motel business across America because of dirty smelly unkept motels.
1 night family trip Nov 20, 2014
"The worst."
Booked within an hour by the time we arrived the desk attendant found out about my reservation. Showed him the comfirmation #,email, even the charge from my bank statement and still couldn't find my name. He got on the phone with hotels.com and was on hold for 10 min. + another 10 to talk to them. He had to manually make a reservation. After 30 minutes waiting at around 11:30pm I was given the key for room 170, we walked in to a unfinished from remodel or repair unit; bare mattresses dirty carpet and it smelled a lot like cigarette. After going back to get my money back they said they couldn't refund me and that I had to call hotels.com. The clerk offered another room and whilehe showed my wife a couple more units which were also in bad shape. In the end he finally found a 'decent' one. After I inspected it the only thing that bothered me was the carpet which was dirty at the corners and baseboards. Only reason I stayed there was because I had driven all the way from seattle and I needed a little rest. I won't complain since this is what you would get for $50 bucks, but this was a very bad experience with this hotel, I don't recommend it when traveling with the whole family, I had to apologize to my daughters and my wife. Lesson learned.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
"Pleasant stay."
location is right across the street from BYU. Access is excellent. Iran a out of town job that should last several months. Looking forward to returning weekly and staying with this establishment. Owners a very pleasant and very accommodating. Hotel staff were polite and offered excellent service. Nice large room with bed, couch, refrigerator, wifi, all the things I needed for my stay equivalent of comforts of home. Definitely a great bargain.
"Two stars is about right."
The star rating was 2 which means to me hopefully safe, clean and not much else. Did not expect much other than a bed for the night and mostly got what I expected, except that the bed was more uncomfortable and the front desk awful. Manager was rude and actually verbally accosted both me and my mom for something we did not do. Did not even to check to see if we did before they started yelling. Very convenient to BYU, basically clean. Other than that would not recommend.
"Very nice"
Friendly staff and a comfy bed. The place is nice and it's not a bad place to stay for the price.
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2014
Carlton
The sink ran water all the time...drip drip drip kept me awake room 152. The price and size and Cleanliness and staff all excellent!
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
"Great, affordable place"
If you're looking for a Hilton, stay at a Hilton. If you're a cost-conscious traveler, this is a great, safe place with plenty of attractions, restaurants and other things nearby. I would stay here every time I am near. Thanks for being a great, safe, comfortable, affordable place for a person who spends 290+ days a year on the road.
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
Dominic
"Never again"
Maids steal from you. Worst customer service ever. Ill never nook at super 8 provo utah again!
7 night family trip Oct 30, 2014
Allisia
"uncomfortable bed and no towels"
The bed was broken and a huge hole/dent in the mattress. The service for towels was terrible. The dirty towels were taken but no clean towels for 4 hours and that was with a request for towels.
2 night trip Nov 7, 2014
"A very pleasant surprise"
This was a one-night stay, just passing through on a business trip. Booked last minute using the smart-phone, had hoped for something closer to the freeway but oh, well. The motel was a pleasant surprise at the end of a long day on the road. The building is a bit older but nicely maintained, & with a pool, exercise room & breakfast area. Staff was friendly & professional.
1 night business trip Oct 7, 2014
"Nice Hotel near the BYU"
It was a comfortable and clean and convenient Staff was great
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Merle
"Outdated dirty hotel"
This hotel is outdated and dirty. Filth in all of the corners in the room.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Great location but not worth it"
Run down, smelled like a litter box. Very noisy at night. Overall a bad experience.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
BC
"Never Again"
Will not stay here again. The old saying you get what you pay for is true here. When I arrived, the attendant didnt ask for my i.d. or a credit card for incidentals. After parking I realized that none of the outside doors to the hotel were locked, it was 11pm, also several of the rooms had doors open, looked they were left open from house keeping. The bed was not comfortable, the pillows were flat, the refrigerator smelled. Too many things to list, however I will not stay there again.
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
"Terribly neglected accommodations"
The staff was efficient but very unfriendly. The wall paper was peeling off the walls, and some big chunk sere missing. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed. The hallway to the room was dingy. Everything worked in the room, but the conditions were deplorable. I would not recommend this room/roach motel to anyone.
1 night trip Oct 21, 2014
A banks
"Marginal at best"
It was marginal at best. Room met absolute minimal standards and my standards for motel rooms are not very high. No way my wife woudl have stayed there. Bed not very comfortable. Room clean in the obvious areas, horrible in other areas. Bathtub drain didn't seal up. Clutter in the dresser. The whole place needed painting.
3 night family trip Oct 16, 2014
"Awful Service"
I waited 45 minutes to checkin because no one was at the desk. I was not the only one who was waiting there were toher customers waiting as well. Finally someone showed up but wasnt very sorry about it. I went to checkout and talk to the manager about the situation from the night before but again no one was at the desk and after waiting 20 minutes I just left my key and left.
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
"Not cool even for a one night stay"
The carpet was not clean, the sheets and towels had yellow stains, also beer bottle caps at end of bed, make up pencils on chair and bottled water in refrigerator.
1 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
tamara
Shower was not good. it changed hot then cold then hot etc. My key did not work in the outside door on the back side. the door on the south end was not locking so it was left unlocked all the time. Great location for the Football game.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
"Not recommended"
This was not a quality lodging place at all. The room didn't look clean and everything was very worn out. The pillows were absolutely The breakfast the next day was your choice of toast, waffles or pastries. I don't expect a sit down breakfast but more than this. The only reason we even picked this hotel was because it was the only one we could find in this area that didn't say it was a non-smoking property....guess what...it was nonsmoking everywhere. My husband had to get in the car and drive.
1 night trip Oct 15, 2014
Brenda
"Needs a major makeover"
The staff is nice and friendly. It's not their fault that the hotel is a dump. It is run down, old, smelly and dirty. The best option would be to tear it completely down and rebuild. The bathroom had hair and grime and dirt all over the floor and hair in the shower. I would never recommend it to anyone. It's cheap for a reason. It's been their for years and it's time to do a major renovation.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
Steer Clear
"Dingy, run down motel in a great location."
If you are wanting to visit Provo or the canyons and mountains nearby this is an ideal location. It is baffling why they don't put a little money in updating the place. I sat on the end of the bed and sank almost to the floor. Speaking of floors, the carpets are old and dirty looking. The walls are poorly insulated for sound. Our neighbors watched TV until past one am and we could hear every word. The housekeeping staff changed our towels every day and made the bed every morning. That was nice. The free breakfast was nice. The price was good.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Lies about breakfast"
Part of the charge at this motel includes breakfast in the morning which is deceptive. We enjoyed the room and the cleanliness was great. We stayed there because of an illness in the family. The next morning we received a phone call letting us know that we needed to get to the hospital right away. As we rushed to go to the hospital, we stopped by the breakfast room to grab some fruit and maybe a muffin or juice to eat on the way. There was a large sign that stated that no breakfast items were to be taken outside the room along an employee who was watching to make sure no one took anything. We explained our situation and asked if we could just grab two apples. The employee was very rude and offensive. There was no description of this policy online, in the lobby, or in the room. We felt that the motel cheats customers out of breakfast if they need to eat on the run or in their room. The staff has the right to limit the amount of food per customer, I guess. But to refuse service is deceptive and unethical.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Debbie C
"One Hinge On,One Hinge Off"
To shut the bathroom door we had to lift up the door from the floor and carefully close it since the bottom hinge was not attached. When walking down the hallway the first impression is set by the chipped paint on all of the doors. The room was functional but the furniture was worn and there was paint splatter on the bathroom door. The bed was comfortable and we had a good night sleep.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"Close to BYU"
The hotel interior and room furnishings show a lot of wear and tear.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Close to football stadium"
Staff helpful. Breakfast as expected. Bed comfortable. The owners would do well to update their facilities. This is a prime location for visitors to BYU, especially athletic events. If we plan to attend another game and stay overnight we would book this hotel.
Cougarette
"Perfect for BYU football games"
Our first stay there in Sept we found 2 empty beer bottles on the window sill. The room looked like a novice had painted it Our second stay last weekend there was no trash can other wise it was comfortable and close to the BYU stadium.
CeeJay
"Dumpy place to stay"
The only thing this place has going for is location. It is dirty and outdated. It needs a lot of work done to it!!!
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Dump"
Dump, dirty old motel, dirty carpets, the microwave was dirty and said I hate mom on the window, the inside was scary, the room was smelly, the breakfast was lame, do not stay here...mmmm
1 night business trip Oct 2, 2014
"Worst hotel experience ever."
They walked in on us without knocking. They tried saying Expedia double booked us, They said another Robert Eric Wakeman was staying there. No do not disturb for door.We asked for more pillows had to go get them ourself.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
"Good but nothing special"
This hotel does the job you're looking for. A comfortable bed and a quiet evening. A bit dated, but that isn't important unless you're going for a romantic evening - in which case, I say keep looking. Breakfast was the typical hotel breakfast (waffles, fruit, pastries, bagels/toast, juice, coffee). No complaints.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
k2l2
"close to BYU"
front desk more interested in what they were doing than greeting guests or serving guests
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
"Don't Stay Here!"
Upon check-in they required that they swipe my credit card. Had already booked and paid thru Expedia. Then when I get home and check my statement I see a $100 charge to my Credit Card.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
"Skip room 133"
Room was freshly painted. They are in the middle of updating this motel...things to do get rid of mold in bathroom, tub had been "repaired" but three cracked areas in bottom of tub so it would not hold water. Sheets were see through, breakfast had good variety. I spoke with manager in the morning about tub/mold issue. He said would get a coupon for discount on our next stay. Never received it.
1 night trip Sep 9, 2014
"A little cleaning and sprucing up can go a long wa"
Everything in the room was old except the new flat screen TV. Housekeeping needs to do a better job, visible debris on the floor and tissues stick out between the sofa cushions. paint splatters all over door, ceiling light fixture and tile.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"AN ABSOLUTE DUMP"
I have stayed at this property several times in prior years. Sure it is getting old, but this time it was absolutely filthy. Upon checking in, we found the room to be dirty in every respect. It looked like they only vacuumed the center as dirt and dust was evident all around the edges. The bathroom may have been cleaned as some point, but I'm not sure when. We turned on the heater in the room and instantly it smelled like a dead rodent or burning hair. My wife started to gag. We had to leave the room. Management came and tinkered with the heater and asked why we turned the heater on. After 10 minutes of my insisting that they move us to another room, they finally did. The new room didn't have the smell of burning hair but the carpet looked almost waxy it was so dirty. Again the room was filthy with dust and dirt all around the edges. The soap in the bathroom was out on the counter with the wrapper next to it. The tub was one of those one piece fiberglass units and the entire floor of the tub was coming apart. It was 11:30 at night, so we just put the bedspreads on the floor so that our feet didn't need to touch the carpet. We put towels on the bathroom floor for the same reason. We ended up going to bed in a cold room, not daring to turn on the heater and departing in the morning without bathing. What a nightmare!!
1 night trip Sep 11, 2014
R Richards
"Non smoking"
It was non smoking and felt like a safe place. I really appreciated that. and it offered a lot of amenities at a great price. You could tell nothing was new if too if the kind but that didn't bother me at all.
1 night trip Sep 2, 2014
"We had a nice stay"
The room was neat, beds comfortable, staff courteous and helpful. Breakfast had many selections, which we enjoyed. It is an older building, so with that being said, it was in good shape. Some minor repairs needing to be done were apparent. The pool was clean and was close to services and the event we were in Provo for.
3 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Mary D
"Go somewhere else"
This hotel was very dated and not clean. Our room had seen it's fair amount of abuse. There was a huge amount of mold all around the windows. Pretty far from the interstate, but right across the street from BYU.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
"Close to BYU"
It was a little rundown but can't beat the location for BYU. One of the front desk personnel was pretty rude. I still don't think that represents the entire hotel staff.
2 night trip Aug 26, 2014
baseballdad
"Inexpensive and a good pool."
I was pleased with the location so close to BYU campus and the price was great. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was good. We loved the pool and it is indoors and heated. My issues were that the room smelled funny and besides being old and run down, it was dirty. There were crumbs and debris on the floor, especially along the baseboards where the vacuum had missed. I could deal with it for one night, but even felt uncomfortable walking with bare feet on the carpet. This made it hard to relax.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
"Cheap for a reason"
We were looking for an inexpensive place to stay for a night. The room was only $50, and you get what you pay for. Room was really worn down and had boogers on the bottom mattress side, visible when standing next to the bed. Beds were decently comfortable. I would recommend this place solely for a cheap stay, as we knew what we were getting into and believe me, you get what you expect.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
darian
The vending machines need to be fixed. We tried to get our kids a Gatorade & the Gatorade was to big for the vending slot & it got stuck & we lost our money. Granted they did give it back to us at the front desk but there were no other drinks besides soda in the vending machine. Very old machine!! Def need to upgrade!! Other then that stay was great, although we didn't get to hit the pool cuz it was already closed when we arrived my kids were super bummed. But the rooms were nice & clean. The walls are paper thin tho. We got a noise complaint on us cuz our 13 month old daughter was throwing a fit cuz she was in a weird environment. It was a very strange & different place then she has ever seen so she didn't want to go bed & screamed for a good while. I couldn't believe the ppl who called on us!?? Haha! She is a child fighting her sleep in a strange place!! :) it was kinda hard to get to the front desk due to a car sitting right in the driveway. A sign that says pull completely forward would be nice so other guest checking in have room to enter as well
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Not worth the money"
The motel was filthy. The hallways and stairways looked as though they had not been vacuumed in over a month! The room was looked a little better, although around the baseboards needed a good vacuuming. The bathroom floor was dirty, the tub was not clean and had hairs in it, the washcloths were stained with makeup (or they were just not clean). The bed was hard, the pillows flat, the blankets torn and the AC did not work properly! We were trying to save a few dollars by staying there - but it was not worth the savings!
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
"Not happy at all"
The carpet was stained and need to be vacumed. The floor in the bathroom had paint stains and could use a good scrubbing same with the tub also there we're paint stains on other fixtures in the room like the lamp. The cover on the bed had stains and something dried on it. The furniture look like something that came from a yard sale. The room needed a good dusting also. In the parking lot the handicap parking spaces were not visible and my husband and I have trouble walking we had to park in the back of the lot away from the door. We were very unhappy with our stay and will never stay at this place again.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
michele
Water in shower went from freezing to scalding intermittently during shower without touching the knob. Hair dryer in room didn't work. Helpful with printer in lobby. Nice they offer breakfast. Great location.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Our room door was left unsecured for hours by housekeeping staff. One bedspread had four big cigaret burn holes in it. When we asked to speak with the manager upon check in, we were made to wait 30 minutes. Then we were told the manager wasn't even there. We asked for them to connect us when the manager was available. We were NEVER contacted.
6 night trip Aug 17, 2014
Kathleen Hughes
"Run Down"
This hotel is ideally situated and I'm sure is booked regularly. You think they could use some of that revenue to update and clean the hotel. The floors were so dirty it made the bottom of our feet black, the heat lamp switch in the bathroom was broken and the carpets were worn down enough you could see the subfloor. The hotel was so out-of-date it felt like I stepped back into the 80s.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014