All hotels in Provo, Utah, United States of America

2.9
    2.9
    2.3
"Enjoyed the pool"
We booked online a couple months before our trip and had confirmation. When we arrived at the motel they could not find our booking, at first. Then they found another person with the same last name and tried to convince us that we were that person. Lucky I had my printed info from the booking I made! They did finally give us a room. The building is advertised as a secure place but the outside door at our end of the building did not lock at all and people could come and go as they pleased. It was noisy! We had a man trying to get in our room to different times. But the swimming pool was so much fun! I am happy they had that...it made the stay not seem so bad! When we checked out I ask for a statement. I wanted it to make sure there were no room charges...they would not give it to me, but said they would email it to me. I have never received that email. So I continue to watch our bank account. I do not plan on ever staying at this motel again!
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Chery
"fantastic!"
Fantastic! Will go again! Friendly staff and great location. Couldn't ask for more.
1 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
"Great!"
It was great! Very good customer service and the location was great! The rooms were very clean and well kept - great showers!
1 night family trip Feb 3, 2015
Ruth
Right across from BYU stadium. Old yearbooks in lobby are interesting. Never had a problem with online registrations.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
"OK place to stay for a man just traveling through."
As some other reviews have specified this hotel is not in the best of conditions. Particularly the hallways that could use some work. Would I have my family stay here? No...but it was certainly ok for myself as I was driving through Provo/Orem and needed to take a break at night. And the price was good. The room was clean, although a little old looking. The bed was fine, the bathroom was fine. The area is fine...being just across the street from BYU. A lot of BYU apartments in the area. I walked around looking for a place to eat and did not feel any problem but I probably would not want my teenage and older daughters walking at night there...but in all honesty I don't want my daughters walking around at night most places we go just because of the strangeness. The staff was very pleasant...even asked me if I had ate the breakfast they provided as I was leaving the hotel. Breakfast was good...about what I see at other reasonable hotels.
1 night trip Jan 13, 2015
Terry
"Awful"
My stay was absolutely awful. The carpets were stained, the hot tub did not work, when I called down to the office they would not give us extra pillows or towels, there was a dirty pad right in the pool area that had clearly not been cleaned lately. It was absolutely awful. I will never stay at a super 8 again or use hotel.com
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
This hotel is walking distance to BYU's football stadium. Can't beat the location or the price.
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
Shannon
"room review"
My room was not clean...dirty towels in bathroom. .bed not made..The hotel agreed to move me to another room where there was hair in tub....carpet dirty (spots all over carpet including sticky spots) and hot tub was not working.
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
"Low Cost - OK For A Night"
It's a low cost place to spend a night. Not the worst place but not a place to spend more than a night or two.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
Ronald
"Convenient for BYU, low cost, run down but OK"
Convenient for BYU, low cost, run down but OK. Worked for us.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
It was your average cheap hotel room. If you are looking for something else you need to bite the bullet and open your wallet.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Great location!"
We loved swimming in the warm pool. The beds were clean and comfy. The location was awesome. Most staff were friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
robert
"More than adequate"
Rooms clean, staff courteous, good breakfast, close to the BYU campus (near to the football stadium)
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Loren
"Good location across the street from BYU."
I needed an inexpensive hotel for a few hours before catching a flight from the Provo Airport. This hotel was conveniently located and easy to find. The lobby looked nice, and I was able to use a computer to print my boarding pass. The front desk clerk was very helpful. I was less impressed with my room. While the bed was comfortable and the linens appeared new, everything else in the room seemed old and worn. There was a large gash in the bathroom door. The carpets had been vacuumed, but the room just didn't seem clean. There was a faint odor of cleaning supplies, almost like it was intended to mask something else. I slept well and enjoyed the many pillows, but I'm not sure I would choose to stay here again. Would probably pay a little more to get something a little nicer. Breakfast was very basic.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Ted
"Make up removal needs laundry soap"
After having a wonderful time in town with my son, I received a ding on my credit card for $8. What is this charge for you may ask??? Because the washcloth had MAKEUP on it and it can not be used again. I am told, "YOU can use it for make up removal but I have to rinse it out". I may be a woman of many years and... I have washed my face for a few of those. I have also done laundry for a good 40 years. Lets see.... I am not a teenager nor a theatrical participant so the worst is mascara which I did not know I needed to bring my laundry soaps to avoid a charge.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
The room was very roomy.Plenty of parking. The floor didn't look like it had been vacuumed.The bathroom needed more cleaning also.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
The hotel was fine. Breakfast was fresh and plentiful. Our room wasn't cleaned for 2 days out of our stay, but the hotel staff was kind enough to apologize and give us a credit.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Super 8 -- bad deal"
Building needs some immediate care. Every doorway needs touch-up paint. All floors need to be vacuumed good. Lobby restroom needed toilet paper, paper towels and toilet liners -- lacking all three. The entire building smells bad. The management is ruining the motel business across America because of dirty smelly unkept motels.
1 night family trip Nov 20, 2014
"The worst."
Booked within an hour by the time we arrived the desk attendant found out about my reservation. Showed him the comfirmation #,email, even the charge from my bank statement and still couldn't find my name. He got on the phone with hotels.com and was on hold for 10 min. + another 10 to talk to them. He had to manually make a reservation. After 30 minutes waiting at around 11:30pm I was given the key for room 170, we walked in to a unfinished from remodel or repair unit; bare mattresses dirty carpet and it smelled a lot like cigarette. After going back to get my money back they said they couldn't refund me and that I had to call hotels.com. The clerk offered another room and whilehe showed my wife a couple more units which were also in bad shape. In the end he finally found a 'decent' one. After I inspected it the only thing that bothered me was the carpet which was dirty at the corners and baseboards. Only reason I stayed there was because I had driven all the way from seattle and I needed a little rest. I won't complain since this is what you would get for $50 bucks, but this was a very bad experience with this hotel, I don't recommend it when traveling with the whole family, I had to apologize to my daughters and my wife. Lesson learned.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
"Pleasant stay."
location is right across the street from BYU. Access is excellent. Iran a out of town job that should last several months. Looking forward to returning weekly and staying with this establishment. Owners a very pleasant and very accommodating. Hotel staff were polite and offered excellent service. Nice large room with bed, couch, refrigerator, wifi, all the things I needed for my stay equivalent of comforts of home. Definitely a great bargain.
"Two stars is about right."
The star rating was 2 which means to me hopefully safe, clean and not much else. Did not expect much other than a bed for the night and mostly got what I expected, except that the bed was more uncomfortable and the front desk awful. Manager was rude and actually verbally accosted both me and my mom for something we did not do. Did not even to check to see if we did before they started yelling. Very convenient to BYU, basically clean. Other than that would not recommend.
"Very nice"
Friendly staff and a comfy bed. The place is nice and it's not a bad place to stay for the price.
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2014
Carlton
The sink ran water all the time...drip drip drip kept me awake room 152. The price and size and Cleanliness and staff all excellent!
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
"Great, affordable place"
If you're looking for a Hilton, stay at a Hilton. If you're a cost-conscious traveler, this is a great, safe place with plenty of attractions, restaurants and other things nearby. I would stay here every time I am near. Thanks for being a great, safe, comfortable, affordable place for a person who spends 290+ days a year on the road.
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
Dominic
"Never again"
Maids steal from you. Worst customer service ever. Ill never nook at super 8 provo utah again!
7 night family trip Oct 30, 2014
Allisia
"uncomfortable bed and no towels"
The bed was broken and a huge hole/dent in the mattress. The service for towels was terrible. The dirty towels were taken but no clean towels for 4 hours and that was with a request for towels.
2 night trip Nov 7, 2014
"A very pleasant surprise"
This was a one-night stay, just passing through on a business trip. Booked last minute using the smart-phone, had hoped for something closer to the freeway but oh, well. The motel was a pleasant surprise at the end of a long day on the road. The building is a bit older but nicely maintained, & with a pool, exercise room & breakfast area. Staff was friendly & professional.
1 night business trip Oct 7, 2014
"Nice Hotel near the BYU"
It was a comfortable and clean and convenient Staff was great
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Merle
"Outdated dirty hotel"
This hotel is outdated and dirty. Filth in all of the corners in the room.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Great location but not worth it"
Run down, smelled like a litter box. Very noisy at night. Overall a bad experience.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
BC
"Never Again"
Will not stay here again. The old saying you get what you pay for is true here. When I arrived, the attendant didnt ask for my i.d. or a credit card for incidentals. After parking I realized that none of the outside doors to the hotel were locked, it was 11pm, also several of the rooms had doors open, looked they were left open from house keeping. The bed was not comfortable, the pillows were flat, the refrigerator smelled. Too many things to list, however I will not stay there again.
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
"Terribly neglected accommodations"
The staff was efficient but very unfriendly. The wall paper was peeling off the walls, and some big chunk sere missing. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed. The hallway to the room was dingy. Everything worked in the room, but the conditions were deplorable. I would not recommend this room/roach motel to anyone.
1 night trip Oct 21, 2014
A banks
"Marginal at best"
It was marginal at best. Room met absolute minimal standards and my standards for motel rooms are not very high. No way my wife woudl have stayed there. Bed not very comfortable. Room clean in the obvious areas, horrible in other areas. Bathtub drain didn't seal up. Clutter in the dresser. The whole place needed painting.
3 night family trip Oct 16, 2014
"Awful Service"
I waited 45 minutes to checkin because no one was at the desk. I was not the only one who was waiting there were toher customers waiting as well. Finally someone showed up but wasnt very sorry about it. I went to checkout and talk to the manager about the situation from the night before but again no one was at the desk and after waiting 20 minutes I just left my key and left.
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
"Not cool even for a one night stay"
The carpet was not clean, the sheets and towels had yellow stains, also beer bottle caps at end of bed, make up pencils on chair and bottled water in refrigerator.
1 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
tamara
Shower was not good. it changed hot then cold then hot etc. My key did not work in the outside door on the back side. the door on the south end was not locking so it was left unlocked all the time. Great location for the Football game.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
"Not recommended"
This was not a quality lodging place at all. The room didn't look clean and everything was very worn out. The pillows were absolutely The breakfast the next day was your choice of toast, waffles or pastries. I don't expect a sit down breakfast but more than this. The only reason we even picked this hotel was because it was the only one we could find in this area that didn't say it was a non-smoking property....guess what...it was nonsmoking everywhere. My husband had to get in the car and drive.
1 night trip Oct 15, 2014
Brenda
"Needs a major makeover"
The staff is nice and friendly. It's not their fault that the hotel is a dump. It is run down, old, smelly and dirty. The best option would be to tear it completely down and rebuild. The bathroom had hair and grime and dirt all over the floor and hair in the shower. I would never recommend it to anyone. It's cheap for a reason. It's been their for years and it's time to do a major renovation.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
Steer Clear
"Dingy, run down motel in a great location."
If you are wanting to visit Provo or the canyons and mountains nearby this is an ideal location. It is baffling why they don't put a little money in updating the place. I sat on the end of the bed and sank almost to the floor. Speaking of floors, the carpets are old and dirty looking. The walls are poorly insulated for sound. Our neighbors watched TV until past one am and we could hear every word. The housekeeping staff changed our towels every day and made the bed every morning. That was nice. The free breakfast was nice. The price was good.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Lies about breakfast"
Part of the charge at this motel includes breakfast in the morning which is deceptive. We enjoyed the room and the cleanliness was great. We stayed there because of an illness in the family. The next morning we received a phone call letting us know that we needed to get to the hospital right away. As we rushed to go to the hospital, we stopped by the breakfast room to grab some fruit and maybe a muffin or juice to eat on the way. There was a large sign that stated that no breakfast items were to be taken outside the room along an employee who was watching to make sure no one took anything. We explained our situation and asked if we could just grab two apples. The employee was very rude and offensive. There was no description of this policy online, in the lobby, or in the room. We felt that the motel cheats customers out of breakfast if they need to eat on the run or in their room. The staff has the right to limit the amount of food per customer, I guess. But to refuse service is deceptive and unethical.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Debbie C
"One Hinge On,One Hinge Off"
To shut the bathroom door we had to lift up the door from the floor and carefully close it since the bottom hinge was not attached. When walking down the hallway the first impression is set by the chipped paint on all of the doors. The room was functional but the furniture was worn and there was paint splatter on the bathroom door. The bed was comfortable and we had a good night sleep.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"Close to BYU"
The hotel interior and room furnishings show a lot of wear and tear.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Close to football stadium"
Staff helpful. Breakfast as expected. Bed comfortable. The owners would do well to update their facilities. This is a prime location for visitors to BYU, especially athletic events. If we plan to attend another game and stay overnight we would book this hotel.
Cougarette
"Perfect for BYU football games"
Our first stay there in Sept we found 2 empty beer bottles on the window sill. The room looked like a novice had painted it Our second stay last weekend there was no trash can other wise it was comfortable and close to the BYU stadium.
CeeJay
"Dumpy place to stay"
The only thing this place has going for is location. It is dirty and outdated. It needs a lot of work done to it!!!
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Dump"
Dump, dirty old motel, dirty carpets, the microwave was dirty and said I hate mom on the window, the inside was scary, the room was smelly, the breakfast was lame, do not stay here...mmmm
1 night business trip Oct 2, 2014
"Worst hotel experience ever."
They walked in on us without knocking. They tried saying Expedia double booked us, They said another Robert Eric Wakeman was staying there. No do not disturb for door.We asked for more pillows had to go get them ourself.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
"Good but nothing special"
This hotel does the job you're looking for. A comfortable bed and a quiet evening. A bit dated, but that isn't important unless you're going for a romantic evening - in which case, I say keep looking. Breakfast was the typical hotel breakfast (waffles, fruit, pastries, bagels/toast, juice, coffee). No complaints.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
k2l2
"close to BYU"
front desk more interested in what they were doing than greeting guests or serving guests
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2014
"Don't Stay Here!"
Upon check-in they required that they swipe my credit card. Had already booked and paid thru Expedia. Then when I get home and check my statement I see a $100 charge to my Credit Card.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014