All hotels in Provo, Utah, United States of America

Dirty
    Bad amenities
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Basic accommodations close to BYU"
The Provo-BYU-Orem Super 8 is extremely convenient to the BYU campus, which was our primary need, and was more affordable than other options in proximity. The price was a little high given a very standard hotel with some noticeable shabbiness. There were some indications that the property was not terribly well-managed, but no significant problems with our short stay. Overall, it's decent basic accommodations if you need to be close to the university.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
"Understaffed and it shows."
We weren't expecting much but had no idea. The hotel was dirty and in need of repair. We were told by a maid that they were very understaffed but it was obvious that repair and maintenance was not a priority
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
Teresa
Pretty old hotel. Our room was clean and beds were comfortable. Hallways were not that clean...kind of really gross. Breakfast was good and included. It worked for us.
3 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Lori
"Old dirty nasty place"
Couldn't wait to get on my way, only there 7 hrs. Tour busses, low security,outside doors didn't lock, loud.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"Hotel review"
The staff were ok but the hotel was understaffed. The fan in the bathroom cover was off and the fan was very dirty. All the plugs were missing in the bathroom so we could not take a bath. The hide a bed coutch was not changed. I had to get sheets from the staff to change the bed.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
unhappy travele
"disappointed in orem"
it was the dirtiest hotel we ever saw. it looked like the hallways and stair cases had not been vacuumed for a year ! the hot tub has been broken for 2 years. the swimming pool was too cold to swim in. we were very disappointed in the breakfast as well. we would not ever stay there again.
3 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"Pillows"
Everything was nice, except for 2 things. The water in the shower kept going from warm to cold, and the pillows were too big, and not soft enough, so we got up with sore necks.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
L
"Understaffed."
Waited for room check in. Given wrong key. No elevated for second floor. Had to leave stuff in car in unsafe parking area. Would not go back. Glad they had a room available since all other hotels were booked. Enough said.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Yuck!"
Sorry, but I just have to say it: Yuck! I tried to save some money on a room for the night--and will never do that again. This hotel is very conveniently located near the BYU campus, but you get what you pay for. Hallway carpets were filthy. Door to the parking lot from the hallway by my room was broken and had to be taped so that it was always unlocked. Scary! Guest laundry room was filthy. Inside my room, the carpets were slightly cleaner, but not on the edges or corners. Overall, room and bathroom were pretty clean. But when we pulled out the sofa bed, it had filthy, used sheets on it. When we picked up the phone to call the front desk, we found that the phone wasn't working. So, I had to wander down the dirty hallways to the front desk. It was after 1 AM, and the front desk clerk was either falling asleep, having a seizure, or high on something when I spoke to him. I had to explain myself several times to be understood. But he showed up at my room several minutes later with clean sheets and a blanket for the sofa sleeper. Thank goodness! We skipped breakfast the next morning because I had no desire to eat in this environment! Next time, I will spend $30 more to stay at a nicer hotel. Not worth the savings to stay here!
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Christine
"Yellowstone trip"
Small room.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
"Close to BYU, good downtown location."
Our first room was awful. Both beds were broken and the floor was filthy. We requested a change and they found us another room which was okay. The whole place feels run down. It is just not being taken care of or maintained well.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"Not happy"
Because we had pets they put us in outside rooms. which was ok except the keys would not let us into the interior. we had to walk all the way around. had to keep getting the key re-keyed.
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
"Good location across the street from BYU west gate"
Well located for my genealogical conference on BYU campus. Dairy Queen next door for convenient food. A/C, TV, and WiFi worked well. Sheets, pillows, towels, and carpets very worn.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Enjoyed the stay, only complaint the shower temperature kept fluctuating between really cold or scolding hot. Will be coming back
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Denise
We have stayed there many times over the years. In the last year they have gotten new beds which were really nice. The room was always clean. The waffles were good. The problems we had were: the soap the provide has gone down in quality as well as quantity in the last year. We stayed 2 nights and were only given the one tiny bottle of soap. The breakfast has gotten to be a lot less. There used to be sausage and eggs which are no longer available. The hot tub has been broken for a long time. Our biggest complaint however was that we could not get our door to open. We went through 4 different keys and had 3 people come look at it and none of them could get it to work. We would have to slide the key in and out for 5 minutes to get in each time.
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
"never again"
the thing while checking out, the next door ice cream parlor also towed our car while they were close at 8am. I understand no parking but it was close and clients were there and no personnel working there at 8am
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Julio
"Good staff, although short of help."
Very run down and uncomfortable.Noone available to tend to breakfast.
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"do NOT book this place"
This hotel is really gross--do NOT book. The hotel first gave us a room that hadn't been cleaned yet. Then the room that had been cleaned wasn't much better. There were obvious vomit stains on the rug and the hotel smelled terrible.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
Margaret
"comfortable"
It was just overnight but nice accommodations I would stay there again
1 night trip with friends Jul 13, 2015
jess
"Good location but disappointing"
Motel is in a good location close to BYU but is run down and not very clean. Needs some extensive remodeling.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
"Terrible"
We did not stay there. The bed was broken and it was dirty, pool also dirty. The manager told us he would refund our money. Do we need to do anything else for this refund to occur? So far we have not seen it appear.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Close to stadium"
Close to lavell Edwards stadium.the ice machines were always out of ice.snack machine is broken and garbage cans outside doors were full and spilling all over ground.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
shorty
"room for improvement"
location, location, location. if you are going to lavell edwards stadium and want to walk and don't care about condition of hotel, then this is the place, room does not look like the pictures. pool cloudy needed to be cleaned, hot tub broken, breakfast not good, fyi they jack up the rates for special events at the stadium, you pay hilton prices and get motel 6
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
karl
"Horrible 3-day stay! Filthy, property!!!"
We couldn't get enough towels for 3 people, only 2. TV didn't work when we got there. Pool was a joke! Completely unsanitary, not even high enough for the water to be filtered, outdoor chairs in hot tub since it was non-functional, hairs and junk all around and in pool. Locked out of the hotel and room daily had to go get our keys redone each day despite booking a 3 day stay ahead of time. Wouldn't recommend a dog even stay here. DISGUSTING!!
3 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
"horrible stay"
The stay was horrible. The AC and it worked but quit in the middle of the night. The TV had no remote control. I picked up the phone and the hand piece came off. I picked up the phone base and there was no cord from the phone to the wall. The refrigerator didn't work. The beds were too soft and my husband work with his back out. I took the broken phone up to them and placed it on the desk and told them the problems. He gave me a remote The Ice machine on the first floor didn't work and I was told I would have to walk up the stairs to the 2nd floor to get ice. (no elevators). The shower fixtures were loose and spider webs between the wall lamp shades between the beds including the spider. The breakfast had no coffee. Asked for a complaint card. Told me I should have called last night, (he came on at 11 pm). Told him I had told the kid before him about all the problems, he stated that he did not tell him last night. The morning kid was already being chewed out by others, one man in the lobby waiting and trying to get towels as they were "behind" on everything. Went back to our room and the key card wouldn't work and had to return to the desk to get it recharged. Another man was having to do the same thing. The kid gave me some back talk because I was complaining.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
"Not so super 8"
Very rude customer service..my wife and my daughter went to breakfast at. 9:02 and wanted to grab an orange and some juice and they were treated rudely. Also no phone in the room so had to walk to front desk to ask for towels and they never showed up..my advice..spend the extra 20 bucks and stay at a better hotel!
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
A/c was broken. No attempts to check or fix by owner. Yelled at by owner when trying to explain the problem. Poor experience. Never will return.
5 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
"Not the best, but not the worst"
While this was not the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, it comes pretty close. For the first time ever I was told I had to wait clear until 3:00 before they would check me in. I was spending the two nights with my daughter and her family also in the same hotel. We had asked for adjoining rooms and were told that wasn't possible (no explanation). So when I checked in I reminded them that we wanted to be on the same floor and close to each other. They guaranteed me that they would be just across the hall. But when they checked in, they were put clear at the farthest end of the hallway! The toilet was difficult to flush properly, the sink was like the plumbing was plugged. The room was comfortable as far as the bed and temperature, but with it being the hotest day (almost 100 degrees), they had a heavy comforter on the bed. It was so hot I couldn't sleep under it, but the room was kept so cool I needed something. The meal was the typical waffles, cold cereal, juice, milk and coffee. Some bread items and yogurt. But a waffle was too much to eat there and they had a sign up that you couldn't remove food from the dining area. I would have loved to take that leftover waffle to my room for later. As I was only there for sleeping and not for daytime I might be talked into going back as the price was right compared to others in the area. The staff was rude.
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
DEANNA L
"We Needed A Place To Sleep"
Going to a morning event in Midway, Utah, we wanted some place to stay that was closer than our home in Tooele. Frankly, I chose this place because of the room rate, and not much else.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Worst motel I've ever stayed at"
I do not complain about motels that often, but I felt the need to do so for this one. Room -We were initially given room 165. The main issue with this room was the AC was not functional at all. We were relocated to room 163 next door and this room was completely not cleaned. Please see photos for reasons why. Not pictured issues: Towel had a hole in it, curtain improperly hung on a side, light bulb initially had 1 working and required screwing in 2 to get them to work, no TV remote (had to take room 165 to use). Overall the entire room felt like it was attempted to be cleaned, but was not properly cleaned at all. Staff -Overall I felt that the staff did not care for the place - subpar at best. Lobby/Hallways -There was an interesting water/calcium stain on the carpet heading to the pool area. The ice machine did not seem to function until our 2nd night. I cannot comment on the pool or breakfast areas as I did not go to them during this stay. Overall I expected a decent quality motel. I've stayed at other Super 8 motels before and they were fine and usually good. This one was very very poor. I was given the vibe that the owners do not care at all and manage to get by just because they're close to the university. Please stay away from this particular Super 8 at all costs.
Josh
"Dirty and rundown hotel, but good location to BYU."
I am not very picky about my hotel stay. I'm not spoiled and can often be satisfied with most stays, but I can't say that about this hotel. The beds weren't too bad. They rocked with every movement though. The hallways and rooms were dirty. I don't know that any of it had been vacuumed in who knows how long. Our tub was peeling, so it looked awful. We didn't even want to shower in it. The carpet needs to be replaced so bad. It was awful. There was a fridge and microwave in the room. We needed both and both worked. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very minimal. It had microwave cinnamon rolls, apples, instant oatmeal packets, 2 types of cold cereals, toast, yogurt and waffles, coffee, juice and milk. We needed a cheap place to stay for a short nights rest and that's what we got. I would've been completely satisfied with our stay if it would've been clean and remodeled. Seriously, change the carpet and replace the tub-gross. And please vacuum and clean the rooms. I couldn't believe how dirty it looked.
Lauriza
the motel is obviously pretty old. it could use some up dating.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
"Horrible"
Great hotel if you like soggy hall carpets, bug-filled pools, drippy faucets, inadequate breakfasts, tricky-to-open outside doors and cold showers. Very disappointing all the way around.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
It was a good property and located near many shopping and eating establishments.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
T
"Don't waste your time and money."
This was a horrible hotel. The room and the hotel was old and out-dated. The smoke detector was without a battery and sitting behind the TV. There was no toilet roll holder, there was a light secured to the wall that had no outlet to it, and there were wires hanging out of the wall where the smoke detector was supposed to be. In addition to all of this, we had been on the road for 10 hours and as a family were looking forward to the pool. It wasn't opened until 8:50pm. The hotel was understaffed, the breakfast was dismal and the total experience was horrible.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Shane
"Truly Disappointing Experience"
Three calls to the hotel front desk before we found the hotel location. The hotel employee actually admitted that he'd given us incorrect directions on the first call! The back entrance to the hotel (closest to our room) was filthy, did not appear to have been vacuumed in the last number of weeks. The panic bar handle on the entry door to the hotel was all taped with black duct tape. The safety door lock on our room door was broken off the door. The doors and base boards were banged up and the window was absolutely filthy. Truly disappointing and we could not wait to get out of there. We actually slept on top of the sheets that night for fear of bed bugs.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
Anna-Marie
"Pathetic property for such a great location"
Quick trip to see relatives, and didn't want to sleep on someone's couch. This hotel was marginally better. However, the first room they gave me was dirty--didn't look like the carpet had been vacuumed, let alone cleaned, in a while. I requested a different room and it was substantially cleaner. It was ok for a single night stay, although the air conditioner was really noisy (I got by with the fan only most of the hot summer night). The hallway carpets were appallingly filthy. The front desk staff member was kind and handled my room request, but seemed disengaged from the work. Another staffer called my room at midnight to ask if I had been changed to another room at check in. Unacceptable. The property is in need of a complete overhaul. While I consider Super 8 a budget chain, I do have a certain level of expectation for the category, and grungy is not part of that expectation. Great location, however, if you need to be near BYU.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2015
It is a clean and nice place. Not expensive. The staff are friendly and kind.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
The room smelled, carpet wasn't clean. Property dated and not kept up. Parking lot filthy. Staff couldn't care less.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Great location but the rooms weren't that great!"
We had a leaky ceiling from the toilet above. My daughter found a blood stain on the comforter! They offered to move us to a different room but it would have taken us away from the connecting room with our kids. They were prompt in taking care of the leek and giving us new bedding.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Elaine
"Not sure it was even worth the low price"
I just needed a place to sleep for a few hours and that's about all I got. The TV reception was poor, the ice machine did not work, the alarm would not shut off, the microwave would not stay plugged in. I don't mean to be picky, but you could tell this place was not trying to upgrade or even keep up with the industry. Heck...there was even a Health Rider in the so-called exercise room.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2015
The hotel is very economical and in reasonable condition. The staff is pleasant enough, but they did not keep the room very clean.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
"Not recommended!"
Hotel rooms were dirty not vacuumed once the 6 nights we were there. The pool we were told was open until 11pm, but was always closed for maintenance. When calling to speak with manager, he never returned our call. Overall I would not go back or recommend to a friend or enemy.
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
Morty
"Closest motel to campus."
Nice breakfast. Would have liked to have the nice pool open.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
"Not again"
The pool was down. Hardly no choices for breakfast. And the people upstairs was making noice all night long. The place needs to be updated.
1 night family trip May 31, 2015
Did not like the hotel at all! Was very disappointed in the exterior appearance of the hotel!
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
vicki
"Not good"
The place was run down with broken screens! Area didn't appear safe. Went to another hotel!
Other trip May 31, 2015
vicki
Quik overnight stay. Location was complicated to get into. Breakfast was good and we were well rested the next morning.
Other trip May 28, 2015
Shelley
"Nice hotel!"
Long line at check-in. Only one attendant. No one at desk when trying to check out.
Other trip May 25, 2015
T
"Nice location"
The room worked well but it was in need of some repairs. It looks like they have tried to put new carpet in and such but the overall cleanliness was below standard. The staff was friendly and the location is awesome. Very quiet location.
2 night business trip May 14, 2015