All hotels in Provo, Utah, United States of America

Poor wellness & sports facilities
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
"do NOT book this place"
This hotel is really gross--do NOT book. The hotel first gave us a room that hadn't been cleaned yet. Then the room that had been cleaned wasn't much better. There were obvious vomit stains on the rug and the hotel smelled terrible.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
Margaret
"comfortable"
It was just overnight but nice accommodations I would stay there again
1 night trip with friends Jul 13, 2015
jess
"Good location but disappointing"
Motel is in a good location close to BYU but is run down and not very clean. Needs some extensive remodeling.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
"Terrible"
We did not stay there. The bed was broken and it was dirty, pool also dirty. The manager told us he would refund our money. Do we need to do anything else for this refund to occur? So far we have not seen it appear.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Close to stadium"
Close to lavell Edwards stadium.the ice machines were always out of ice.snack machine is broken and garbage cans outside doors were full and spilling all over ground.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
shorty
"room for improvement"
location, location, location. if you are going to lavell edwards stadium and want to walk and don't care about condition of hotel, then this is the place, room does not look like the pictures. pool cloudy needed to be cleaned, hot tub broken, breakfast not good, fyi they jack up the rates for special events at the stadium, you pay hilton prices and get motel 6
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
karl
"Horrible 3-day stay! Filthy, property!!!"
We couldn't get enough towels for 3 people, only 2. TV didn't work when we got there. Pool was a joke! Completely unsanitary, not even high enough for the water to be filtered, outdoor chairs in hot tub since it was non-functional, hairs and junk all around and in pool. Locked out of the hotel and room daily had to go get our keys redone each day despite booking a 3 day stay ahead of time. Wouldn't recommend a dog even stay here. DISGUSTING!!
3 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
"horrible stay"
The stay was horrible. The AC and it worked but quit in the middle of the night. The TV had no remote control. I picked up the phone and the hand piece came off. I picked up the phone base and there was no cord from the phone to the wall. The refrigerator didn't work. The beds were too soft and my husband work with his back out. I took the broken phone up to them and placed it on the desk and told them the problems. He gave me a remote The Ice machine on the first floor didn't work and I was told I would have to walk up the stairs to the 2nd floor to get ice. (no elevators). The shower fixtures were loose and spider webs between the wall lamp shades between the beds including the spider. The breakfast had no coffee. Asked for a complaint card. Told me I should have called last night, (he came on at 11 pm). Told him I had told the kid before him about all the problems, he stated that he did not tell him last night. The morning kid was already being chewed out by others, one man in the lobby waiting and trying to get towels as they were "behind" on everything. Went back to our room and the key card wouldn't work and had to return to the desk to get it recharged. Another man was having to do the same thing. The kid gave me some back talk because I was complaining.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
"Not so super 8"
Very rude customer service..my wife and my daughter went to breakfast at. 9:02 and wanted to grab an orange and some juice and they were treated rudely. Also no phone in the room so had to walk to front desk to ask for towels and they never showed up..my advice..spend the extra 20 bucks and stay at a better hotel!
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
A/c was broken. No attempts to check or fix by owner. Yelled at by owner when trying to explain the problem. Poor experience. Never will return.
5 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
"Not the best, but not the worst"
While this was not the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, it comes pretty close. For the first time ever I was told I had to wait clear until 3:00 before they would check me in. I was spending the two nights with my daughter and her family also in the same hotel. We had asked for adjoining rooms and were told that wasn't possible (no explanation). So when I checked in I reminded them that we wanted to be on the same floor and close to each other. They guaranteed me that they would be just across the hall. But when they checked in, they were put clear at the farthest end of the hallway! The toilet was difficult to flush properly, the sink was like the plumbing was plugged. The room was comfortable as far as the bed and temperature, but with it being the hotest day (almost 100 degrees), they had a heavy comforter on the bed. It was so hot I couldn't sleep under it, but the room was kept so cool I needed something. The meal was the typical waffles, cold cereal, juice, milk and coffee. Some bread items and yogurt. But a waffle was too much to eat there and they had a sign up that you couldn't remove food from the dining area. I would have loved to take that leftover waffle to my room for later. As I was only there for sleeping and not for daytime I might be talked into going back as the price was right compared to others in the area. The staff was rude.
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
DEANNA L
"We Needed A Place To Sleep"
Going to a morning event in Midway, Utah, we wanted some place to stay that was closer than our home in Tooele. Frankly, I chose this place because of the room rate, and not much else.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Worst motel I've ever stayed at"
I do not complain about motels that often, but I felt the need to do so for this one. Room -We were initially given room 165. The main issue with this room was the AC was not functional at all. We were relocated to room 163 next door and this room was completely not cleaned. Please see photos for reasons why. Not pictured issues: Towel had a hole in it, curtain improperly hung on a side, light bulb initially had 1 working and required screwing in 2 to get them to work, no TV remote (had to take room 165 to use). Overall the entire room felt like it was attempted to be cleaned, but was not properly cleaned at all. Staff -Overall I felt that the staff did not care for the place - subpar at best. Lobby/Hallways -There was an interesting water/calcium stain on the carpet heading to the pool area. The ice machine did not seem to function until our 2nd night. I cannot comment on the pool or breakfast areas as I did not go to them during this stay. Overall I expected a decent quality motel. I've stayed at other Super 8 motels before and they were fine and usually good. This one was very very poor. I was given the vibe that the owners do not care at all and manage to get by just because they're close to the university. Please stay away from this particular Super 8 at all costs.
Josh
"Dirty and rundown hotel, but good location to BYU."
I am not very picky about my hotel stay. I'm not spoiled and can often be satisfied with most stays, but I can't say that about this hotel. The beds weren't too bad. They rocked with every movement though. The hallways and rooms were dirty. I don't know that any of it had been vacuumed in who knows how long. Our tub was peeling, so it looked awful. We didn't even want to shower in it. The carpet needs to be replaced so bad. It was awful. There was a fridge and microwave in the room. We needed both and both worked. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very minimal. It had microwave cinnamon rolls, apples, instant oatmeal packets, 2 types of cold cereals, toast, yogurt and waffles, coffee, juice and milk. We needed a cheap place to stay for a short nights rest and that's what we got. I would've been completely satisfied with our stay if it would've been clean and remodeled. Seriously, change the carpet and replace the tub-gross. And please vacuum and clean the rooms. I couldn't believe how dirty it looked.
Lauriza
the motel is obviously pretty old. it could use some up dating.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
"Horrible"
Great hotel if you like soggy hall carpets, bug-filled pools, drippy faucets, inadequate breakfasts, tricky-to-open outside doors and cold showers. Very disappointing all the way around.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
It was a good property and located near many shopping and eating establishments.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
T
"Don't waste your time and money."
This was a horrible hotel. The room and the hotel was old and out-dated. The smoke detector was without a battery and sitting behind the TV. There was no toilet roll holder, there was a light secured to the wall that had no outlet to it, and there were wires hanging out of the wall where the smoke detector was supposed to be. In addition to all of this, we had been on the road for 10 hours and as a family were looking forward to the pool. It wasn't opened until 8:50pm. The hotel was understaffed, the breakfast was dismal and the total experience was horrible.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Shane
"Truly Disappointing Experience"
Three calls to the hotel front desk before we found the hotel location. The hotel employee actually admitted that he'd given us incorrect directions on the first call! The back entrance to the hotel (closest to our room) was filthy, did not appear to have been vacuumed in the last number of weeks. The panic bar handle on the entry door to the hotel was all taped with black duct tape. The safety door lock on our room door was broken off the door. The doors and base boards were banged up and the window was absolutely filthy. Truly disappointing and we could not wait to get out of there. We actually slept on top of the sheets that night for fear of bed bugs.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
Anna-Marie
"Pathetic property for such a great location"
Quick trip to see relatives, and didn't want to sleep on someone's couch. This hotel was marginally better. However, the first room they gave me was dirty--didn't look like the carpet had been vacuumed, let alone cleaned, in a while. I requested a different room and it was substantially cleaner. It was ok for a single night stay, although the air conditioner was really noisy (I got by with the fan only most of the hot summer night). The hallway carpets were appallingly filthy. The front desk staff member was kind and handled my room request, but seemed disengaged from the work. Another staffer called my room at midnight to ask if I had been changed to another room at check in. Unacceptable. The property is in need of a complete overhaul. While I consider Super 8 a budget chain, I do have a certain level of expectation for the category, and grungy is not part of that expectation. Great location, however, if you need to be near BYU.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2015
It is a clean and nice place. Not expensive. The staff are friendly and kind.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
The room smelled, carpet wasn't clean. Property dated and not kept up. Parking lot filthy. Staff couldn't care less.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Great location but the rooms weren't that great!"
We had a leaky ceiling from the toilet above. My daughter found a blood stain on the comforter! They offered to move us to a different room but it would have taken us away from the connecting room with our kids. They were prompt in taking care of the leek and giving us new bedding.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Elaine
"Not sure it was even worth the low price"
I just needed a place to sleep for a few hours and that's about all I got. The TV reception was poor, the ice machine did not work, the alarm would not shut off, the microwave would not stay plugged in. I don't mean to be picky, but you could tell this place was not trying to upgrade or even keep up with the industry. Heck...there was even a Health Rider in the so-called exercise room.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2015
The hotel is very economical and in reasonable condition. The staff is pleasant enough, but they did not keep the room very clean.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
"Not recommended!"
Hotel rooms were dirty not vacuumed once the 6 nights we were there. The pool we were told was open until 11pm, but was always closed for maintenance. When calling to speak with manager, he never returned our call. Overall I would not go back or recommend to a friend or enemy.
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
Morty
"Closest motel to campus."
Nice breakfast. Would have liked to have the nice pool open.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
"Not again"
The pool was down. Hardly no choices for breakfast. And the people upstairs was making noice all night long. The place needs to be updated.
1 night family trip May 31, 2015
Did not like the hotel at all! Was very disappointed in the exterior appearance of the hotel!
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
vicki
"Not good"
The place was run down with broken screens! Area didn't appear safe. Went to another hotel!
Other trip May 31, 2015
vicki
Quik overnight stay. Location was complicated to get into. Breakfast was good and we were well rested the next morning.
Other trip May 28, 2015
Shelley
"Nice hotel!"
Long line at check-in. Only one attendant. No one at desk when trying to check out.
Other trip May 25, 2015
T
"Nice location"
The room worked well but it was in need of some repairs. It looks like they have tried to put new carpet in and such but the overall cleanliness was below standard. The staff was friendly and the location is awesome. Very quiet location.
2 night business trip May 14, 2015
Bryce
"Close to Stadium, but not clean or in good repair."
Noisy and room not in good repair. Bathroom not really clean and a very inconvenient check out time of 10 am.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"disgusting ! ! !"
This hotel was filthy. It smelled horrible. There was an altercation with one of the owners or their child and the police. If it was possible to give 0 rating I would.
1 night business trip May 8, 2015
"unhappy at check in"
The guy at the desk at check in was very rude!
4 night family trip Apr 29, 2015
"Lousy place to stay"
Hotel was dirty and outdated. The room was noisy. I will never stay at this hotel again.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Dirty hotel, old beds, sinks were plugged in 2 different rooms they put us in. Garbage cans on floor and outside not emptied for 3 plus days. We had to pour drano down a clogged drain ourself and it still would not drain. Cheap but go somewhere else and pay the money.
Other trip May 3, 2015
Provo
"Unhappy and lacking rest"
Floor was creaky inside and outside the room. Decore consisted of different shades of green. Hotel room phone was in operable. Alarm clock was unplugged and I didn't know what time it was because my phone was dead, so that was useless. Wall paper peeling. Blinds were broken so a room across the way caught me naked once. Bedding was also inadequate, it consisted of a comforter, thermal blanket and one sheet. In a warm room it would have been nice to have two sheets. The young men that run the place were plesant though and did what they could to help me.
2 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2015
"Beware!"
Although it is so close to the Football stadium, I wont ever stay there again. There is absolutely no benefits. It's like a broken ship that wants to sink but the owners are trying to keep it afloat by putting "band aids" on it. The "breakfast" is the smallest I have ever seen. My children asked where is the rest. I can go on and on but let's just summarize and say; pay the extra to stay somewhere else. My wife told me to spend the extra money and stay somewhere else nicer, I wanted to save the money and boy we "paid" for it anyway. I have gotten a lot of I told you so from her. Keep in mind the staff did the best they could with the little they are given. Stay away.
Other trip May 1, 2015
CM
The staff was cheerful. The AC in the room didn't work. The tub had protective coat pealing off in some spots. Carpets needed to be cleaned and general matinancie was lacking. For $250 for 3 nights for four people as well as being right across from BYU. It was some place we would stay again.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"Decent, BUT NEEDS IMPROVEMENT."
This hotel is located in a prime spot for BYU and is cost effective hotel. The management need to get better supplies for their cleaners and do a better job of supervising the workers they hire for repairs. The corners need to be vacuum in the whole building, and the room we stayed in was comfortable but floor had several spots of drywall putty. One of our beds had a wrong size bed frame, which made the bed wobble, made my kids sleep on it. They did not complain because they do not weigh that much. The pool was super cold, and the hot tub was empty, or not working. The hotel cleaners were doing their best with what they have. The problem is not with them, but the management. THE OWNERS NEED TO TAKE BETTER CARE OF THEIR EMPLOYEES AND THEIR BUSINESS. Overall it was a decent experience. Better than motel six, which we stayed in the night before. Our first room smelled like cigarettes (outside rooms), then requested a new room, on the inside of the building.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
Way too much money for absolutely nothing. Cleaner and better furniture. I was never unhappier than this with a stay.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Can't Blame the Hotel for Loud Neighbors"
There was some remodeling of some sort going on. The hallways were being painted and there was a mild disruption from that. Overall the hotel is in good repair and convenient to BYU and the Utah State Hospital. Many eateries nearby and a bank next door. For convenience and location it's fantastic. The staff was courteous and efficient. Slight odor of some sort in the bathroom, but it's an older hotel and hopefully the remodel will take care of it.
3 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
"Don't stay here!"
I was excepting old because of the cheap price but not unlivable. They were repainting half the place and we weren't informed by hotels.com (I'm 7 months pregnant and wouldn't have stayed if I had known.) The carpet was old and bleached in places, they didn't vacuum corners or stairs ever! The walls, headboards, hand rails were dirty. There were hairs everywhere! In the tub, fridge, on the towels. The dressers in the room all had dust on them. We got all dress and ready to take my 2 year old son swimming and the pool was ice cold and the hot tub was empty and looked like it hadn't been turned on in years. Our bed didn't have a duvet on it and the other room in our party did. I had to called 4 times and they still ever brought anything. Then we went down to the front desk and finally got one. The bathroom door didn't lock or even stay shut. Now this is the big one! At the breakfast which was pretty good compared to everything else. We were getting apple juice from a dispenser and a gross long glob of who knows what started hanging out the tube. We told the lady near by and she said there's nothing she can do about it because she just puts the new bag of juice in the top. So this means they have NEVER cleaned the tubes and dispensing units of the machine! We asked for a discount and weren't given one, yet the man kept saying he didn't want a bad review. The fact that they have a 2.8 is crazy!
1 night family trip Apr 14, 2015
Mackenzie
"Keep going"
Do not spend your money here. After giving us another room because the first room didnt have functioning equipment, the second room was worse. The bed was broken in the middle, you could even see it from a distance. When you lay on it, you went into a hole. The headboard wasnt attached. In the back of the hotel, drug deals went down for both days we were there. A constant line of drug buyers coming in for their products. terrible.
2 night romance trip Apr 8, 2015
marcia
"A Super 3 days at Super 8"
We stayed 3 nights it was a great room for super price and the breakfast was really good.
3 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
"You get what you pay for."
A coffee maker, but no place to plug it in. Really?
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Cheap is right"
Cheap cheap cheap, dirty and broken hot tub. Perfect way to waste money if that's what you like to do.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Ima GoElswhere
"Beware!"
The only thing this hotel has going for it is its location. The room I stayed in was literally falling apart with curtains falling off the wall . It looked as though it had not been vacuumed in months. The keys never worked properly and I had to get them reset at the office 4 or 5 times. The complimentary breakfast was horrible and when I left with a cup of milk from the kitchen to take back to my small child still sleeping a staff member chewed me out. Apparently that's not allowed????The final straw was when I was showering alone in my room in the middle of the day and someone tried to break in. The managers response was --' I can't watch everywhere all at once". No apology, no concern, just apathy toward a dangerous situation. I would have left the first day but I had Prepaid (overpaid!!!) the reservation, and I stuck it out, but I will never stay there again. If you care about safety and /or comfort, this is not the place for you, no matter how inexpensive the rooms are.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015